Runs at 20fps

>runs at 20fps
>requires no actual skill or dexterity, it's literally just a collectathon
>massive, empty environments filled with one pixel textures
>continually throws upgrades and new moves because the developers can't actually design a platformer
>only thing that hasn't aged like milk is the charming characters and sound design
It's a 5/10 at best and the design is so inferior to SM64.

It's at least better than banjo tooie which is legitimately one of the worst games ever.

Attached: images.jpg (318x159, 21K)

It was fine when I was nine.

You said it yourself, it's not a platformer, which is why it's futile to compare it to SM64, which you also just did

Attached: 1497894306957.jpg (640x640, 78K)

It's fun

It's not as fun as sonic adventure.

SM64 also runs at 20fps.
The skill requirement is lower than SM64 but it focuses more on exploration while keeping a high amount of platforming, especially in later levels.
The graphics are far better than SM64 with many high res textures for the era, definitely a lot better than SM64 and one of the best looking games on the n64.
The whole game aged well and can be played and enjoyed today with no problem.

You're a faggot zoomer and it shows.

you know how I know you didn't play it?

>upgrades and new moves
Thats more for revisiting areas you already visited. But now have the new attack learned to reach certain plattform or destroy a wall now.

Both run at 30fps

>runs at 20fps
guess what retard, so does every other 3D N64 game. The only ones that broke that were either nearly entirelt 2D or really low poly and cut corners to save on resources. Games like Ocarina of Time even ran at 12. 60 fps wasn't always the benchmark for frame rate.

>60 fps wasn't always the benchmark for frame rate.
Not for console plebs.

Mario 64 has way better platforming mechanics than BK, but it never actually uses them. Aside from a couple stars on rainbow ride, the game is piss easy and it's impossible to actually die unless you're trying to.

Massive empty environments also describes Mario 64 way more accurately than BK. The BK levels are much smaller/tightly packed and filled with recognizable landmarks. Notes, characters, and other collectibles also help make the game feel way less empty than Mario 64 where the only thing that matters is the main collectable.

I agree on tooie though, that game is such a confusing mess I've never finished it.

Fun fact, in the age before Doom there were no graphics accelerators in computers. Carmack was a madman that made 3D graphics (barely) work on office machines. Only when PC gaming took off around that time did the first GPUs enter the market.
And even then, I remember playing Morrowind on PC at 10-15 fps back in 2003.
60 fps is something that only came to be expected in the last decade or so (barring some fps games like CS)

Attached: D6E10252-3981-4D5E-A6C0-8B440A5E511A.jpg (764x1024, 109K)

Attached: 3108BBE4-DB9F-43E8-BC3D-011103D50DBA.jpg (757x597, 89K)

Attached: 7D0572AB-3AF6-47FA-BFB2-240B36DEB6C0.jpg (1280x720, 267K)

Attached: C4764D9B-95DE-4BDB-818B-DC81BBE9A44B.png (650x464, 77K)

seethe

Attached: 633B8F2E-0E75-4839-8ED7-238DA840B12B.png (778x448, 589K)

Is this what Stevefags have to resort to now? Lose with dignity.

I'm going to say "back to your cereal box" every time I beat Banjo players irl

Most N64 games run at 20fps for PAL and 25 for NTSC, especially graphically intensive 3D games. I think only a very small minority of games ran at 60, such as FZero or Smash. I think sm64 and bk both run at 30fps with frequent drops.

Attached: 1546001461575.jpg (320x299, 25K)

>>runs at 20fps
No it doesn't. Kazooie runs pretty well on an N64. It runs flawlessly on an Xbox.

Why do you this my man?

>implying banjo tooie isn't one of the top four games on the n64
its a better mario 64 and a better mario party 64 all in the one game

Attached: 112223354.png (459x309, 43K)

Nostalgia is a hell of a drug

LMAO EVEN SMASH64 RAN AT 60FPS

IMAGINE REWRITING HISTORY

>he’s never played old pc games
>he doesn’t remember having to go through the command line to launch the game
>he doesn’t remember games running at 10 fps

No one is saying there weren't any 60fps games on PC or console back in the day.

>runs at 20fps
that's every. single. n64 game for you
I used to be a N64 kid and as a retarded child I of course never noticed, but god damn, was the N64 a piece of shit.
vastly prefer the ps1 and its library these days. still, I'm glad I got to experience all these games and they will forever have a special place in my heart anyway.

Banjo-Kazooie 1 does run at silky smooth cinematic 24fps on the N64 and often drops to single digits.
Your nostalgia goggles are deceiving you.

You guys are starting your usual shitposts in record time.
Where's the Dragon Quest threads shitting on the games because they're in Smash now as well?
Is it because everyones more hype about Banjo that I don't see them?

>not playing the HD version on 360
What faggots.

Imagine caring about frames in a 20+ year old game

Fucking retard, you didn't give shit as a kid, why bitch about it now?

the only subhumans that shit on Banjo-Kazooie are that fat greasy hairy Italian (aka niggers of Europe) pedoplumber dick sucking eternal manchildren who accompany everything they do in life with a 'bing bing wahoo'.
imagine going to the toilet and timing your turds to bing bings and wahoos. these are the people who talk shit about BK.

>you were a retarded child who didn't know better why did you get a brain REEEEEEE!

I remember paper Mario having frequent FPS dips. Most n64 games ran like shit.

I don't know why people insist on being wrong, it's truly one of the best games ever made, one of my favourites and can 100% it in around 6 hours and it's still a blast knowing absolutely everything about it. Guaranteed I'll never buy a switch or play SSB though

Attached: Clankers_cavern.jpg (620x325, 33K)

When I played through this there was one question that always stuck with me.

Why is the bear even in this game? The bird is better at literally everything.

He makes goofy noises and is sometimes a foil to kazooie.

Yeah, I’m thinking it’s kino

Attached: 5E2B5397-EFE7-4711-BC56-E39F72B6F3A7.jpg (433x313, 108K)

I just realized how right you are, for bk anyway. I can’t think of anything that banjo does, if kazooie wasn’t hindered she’d probably be better off. I guess banjo soaks damage for her.

Because they're friends :(

dragon quest games are good though

I downloaded rom for xenia and it's the trial version, anyway to unlock it?

>you didn't care as a kid who didn't know any better, why do you care now?
because my brain developed?

it's shitty design and has no place in a platformer dude, in SM64 literally the only such "upgrades" you have are are the hat switches, and they make sense: if there is a block in that level you can get the hat from there, and since it's time limited, it makes sense not being able to carry it to another level. Some late game stages like Rainbow Ride basically have no hats at all. The only difference between Mario then and at the beginning of the game is the skill and control the player has attained during the course of the game.
Meanwhile BK is filled with this lazy fucking shit "you can't do this or that because you haven't got the Move(tm) yet" "you got Move(tm) but you can only use it on specific fucking pads because we're lazy assholes". It's the same control freaky design that dominated DKC, which was mostly doing very specific jumps or launching at very specific times from a barrel. Play the game like we intended it, or don't play it, that was the Rare way.

>so inferior to SM64
stopped there
sm64 is dogshit

Attached: 1539603821788.jpg (556x702, 125K)

Fucking zoomer not alive when it came out and everyone needed to learn 3d game with joystick basically

in hindsight both sm64 and banjo-kazooie are boring collectathons, but the latter atleast had a hint of soul

Was born in 94, I had a ps1 though. Also I wasn't the one who brought difficulty into the discussion. Most 3D platformers are really easy so it's not really something I judge them on, but if you want to shit on Banjo for being too easy you have to shit on Mario 64 even harder.

mario 64 isn't a collectathon, the stars are rewards for completing challenges and you don't need to collect anything else

banjo is just a game about running around environments and picking stuff up

>All this fucking salt
Tastes fucking GOOD

Attached: 14736095.jpg (675x1088, 62K)

why does king k look aroused?
and how do you people enjoy this shit?

You do not have 100% collection on BK.
It's not hard, but it's completely reasonable to end up with a few deaths in the later levels.
And dying loses ALL your notes for the stage, you need to collect all 100 in one life

The reason for their quest is because grunty has banjo sister.

Also
Banjo sister is missing in tooie.

i don't know if she is on nuts and bolts because i never played that abomination

Attached: 53012442.png (306x269, 2K)

5/10 is not bad for a game unless you are IGN and give 8/10 to fucking everything.