This is genuinely one of the coolest fucking things to come out of this E3

This is genuinely one of the coolest fucking things to come out of this E3.

Attached: gameshit.png (1200x762, 261K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z-kYGagd2sw
vocaroo.com/i/s0EkDdSP8xuN
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hi shill. Can you remind me what this is and why should I care?

Can someone explain to me how this is any different than what they've had for like over a year now? I don't even see any new games

It's for PC now meaning PCfags can just leech off of Xbox and get basically free games instead of actually owning them.

>Xbox shills calling anyone else leeches when their console is literally useless so they leech off others with fake alliances constantly

>why own games when you can just rent them

>windows 10
nah

>renting games

But it was already available for PC before

no product or service comes out of e3
it just gets promoted

fuck you stupid shillbot

>it's not ok if not Steam does it

Owning games is a thing of the past. You have to learn to let go, you can't always be playing the same game. Get with the times, the trends. Play the latest and newest games right as they are released. It's all about in the moment. Nostalgia is nothing but strings.

Yeah it's good shit.

Just played some void bastards, game was worth the price alone. Gonna play metro next.

>My childhood was amazing because my mommy would rent games and I'd be soo hype trying to finish them before the fee would explode, I really wish Blockbuster didn't die
>Renting games

Which is it retards

why the fuck would you do this when you can pirate

thats what streaming is for goy

I got 3 months for 2€

I will wait until anyone here tells me of any other platform where I can just create a new account, get a good chunk of the newer PC releases (not by streaming, but like this instead), grab three months for cheap and then cancel out

Too bad Steam never, ever did this

Still requires w10, so it's shit.

Only for games that had Xbox Play Anywhere. Now it does both, that being said a lot of games are indie shit anyway but there's a few good ones.

And like 5 games could be played on PC.

Pretty much?

How many current games are worth playing for over a month, or even replaying more than once in your entire lifetime? Microsoft is essentially telling you that shit like Gears of War is only worth a rental, and that it is. (or maybe not even that). I remember Cliff Blezinski (oy) bitching about that. Now you peeps are bitching about that.

Every publisher is dipping into subscriptions to make it as fucked as all the splintered movies/series subs but you get to buy loot boxes and mtx on top. Not really the same deal.

literally not even worth a pirate let alone a fucking rental
give me a break

Did we get ANY console exclusives on PC because of this? No? Then it doesn't matter.

Forza wasn't

Its fun. Playing Sea of Thieves right now

Attached: uhhhh.png (648x255, 15K)

lol get fucked Pajeet

youtube.com/watch?v=z-kYGagd2sw

>renting games

>Can't change nickname unless you pay 10 bucks

Oh dear

Metro Exodus left the Epic store because of it.

Sea of thieves was already available for PC with regular game pass though.

Yea Forums

Why are you like this?

The PC library is small but there are a few interesting games on there. If they really add up to a 100 games until august, I can see this becoming a thing. Might try the 1€ month for the heck of it despite having a huge steam backlog

This is the best part about it. Metro, Phoenix Point and Outer Worlds are all free from Epic now. Shame I'm still gonna have to wait on The Sinking City, which is the game that really stung for me.

Do you seriously drop $60 plus tip for every single game? A lot of game aren't worth more than a few bucks, hence why people used to rent games.

So?

How's that teenage angst working out for your now xX420pu55y5layer69Xx?

Yes it was, if you mean Horizon 4.

The list is small, but they've added some games like Metro Exodus, Valkyria Chronicles and the Messenger. It's just most of the worthwhile games were already play anywhere.

Very very awful

Nah it just has my real name on it which is extremely common and not at all a way to find out where I live

Not everyone is a nigger.

if you think a game isn't worth the money on PC you just pirate it, console cuck

Horizon 4 was always a Game Pass Play Anywhere title.

Still, if you were already paying for XBLG and Game Pass, you pay nothing extra for Xbox Game Pass on PC.
If you werent, and dont want to, its 5 bucks a month.

Why did you wait a year to play it?

Anniversary edition came out like 2 weeks ago

I can understand that it costing $10 is ridiculous considering it's a single command to change the field in some database which is automated too, but then again I never wished to change my name since it's a generic one I came up with more than 15 years ago and I don't plan on changing it, so yeah, good thing you're not hellbent on changing it.

Piracy is free, but no multiplayer

For $1 you have multiplayer for a month and no silly torrenting, I don't see the issue. Already having abused of the free xbox live gold system and having used the amazon prime shit, this is only a jew trick if you're mentally challenged and cannot click on a thing on your account settings. It'd be cool if bloodstained was on it, not gonna lie.

How does DLC work with this? For Horizon 4, it says standard edition. Do you / can you buy DLC to work with game pass? Do you have to buy the game first?

Can you do this windows 7 cause theres no fucking way I'm using 10 lmao

Yeah, if it was more than a dollar I wouldn't recommend it right now.

>Already having abused of the free xbox live gold system
The what now?

DLC is discounted, but not free. You can buy the DLC and just game pass the game, but don't be a dumb goy and do that. If you're going to buy the dlc, buy the game at that point.

Course not. You can't even use an xbone controller through bluetooth on Windows 7, why would they ever let you play the master cook collection on it

i implore you to tell me things wrong with this

Free month. Create multiple accounts, pretty annoying. I was really poor, don't judge me. I just wanted to play more of that gaylo 3

Fuck this gay shit then lol

Attached: dab.jpg (1324x822, 206K)

It's so easy to abuse the game pass system. Ever since they had a $1 sale, I just cancel it right away, and within a week or 2 of cancelling MS will have offered a free week, or a "come back for a dollar". Rinse and repeat.

not only must you use windows 10, but you have to update to the most recent version

>windows 10
>windows game store
yeah no it was never for PC, this is just a ploy to trap (you) by "them" by crumbling the foundation you've built upon for years

>Don't be a dumb goy
What? That makes no sense at all.

oh there's the catch
xbox's 1st party titles are going to be "free" on the pass
but most are going to be full of DLC and microtransactions

But what about your save? Can you transfer it over?

I'm not gonna use it but if its 12 for the whole year thats pretty good savings on renting games.

I'm saying don't buy content for a game you're just renting. That's the dumbest thing you could do.

I did a thing where I added a code I got from buying an xbox one controller, got a free month of xbox game pass. Then bought the PC pass, adding one more month. Then bought the ultimate pass, adding another month. Total cost: 2 eurobucks. Expires on september.

Thank you for the beta testing peasant

is there anywhere saying that its impossible to use it on windows 7 or something? there has to be some way to rig it to work, like whats stopping it? the client wont download if its not windows 10?

>CHINESE SPYWARE BAD
>ORANGE MAN SPYWARE GOOD
americans everybody

Can the chinese government offer me this?

cringe

The Xbox PC App does not install or run if you are not on the latest Windows 10 build. Same for downloading games, its grayed out on the store if you are not on the latest Windows 10 update.

Well yeah because I'm not Chinese.

Yeah, you need to be selective with shit like that. I've been playing base Horizon 4 since release and I've paid maybe $7 to do so. Some day I'll buy it to play the DLC.

If it worked on 7 I’d consider giving it a go, but 10? Fuck off with that

Void bastards is absolute trash

But if the cost for renting plus dlc is cheaper than a GOTY edition, plus getting a few other games I want to play with said rental plan, I don't see anything wrong with buying DLC then to be honest.

vocaroo.com/i/s0EkDdSP8xuN

Everything on gamepass is handled through UWP's, which can't work on anything but Win 10.

I'm alright with premium demos and getting 50% of a game for 2-3% of the price.

A wise choice.

was that supposed to just be silence or are you retarded? not listening to all that lmao

I guess in my opinion, once you've bought DLC, suddenly you've put an investment into the game. It seems silly to buy content for a game you can lose access to by not paying a monthly fee.

Tards on Yea Forums will fight this but Microsoft has successfully created the netflix of video games for a reasonable price.

Attached: 1558247364554.png (3508x2012, 1.84M)

Except when you lose access to the game you rented, and are stuck with DLC you cant use specific to the version of the game that you now cant play-aka a waste of money you could've used to just buy the game at that point

bretty gud desu
been playing through the first Gears game at 4 K maxed out with mouse and KB
its noice

Why have netflix when you can just buy movies?
I've had this for a couple days and I've played a few games I would have never tried otherwise. Games like steamworld dig 2, moonlighter, void bastards and ori and the blind forrest caught my attention before, but I never plunged into a purchase. This is great for alleviating that.

It's still sort of like a rental for that DLC though. Except you're paying full for the DLC. You only get to use it whenever you rent something else.

I mean it's your money and it's DLC so it's not even that expensive, you do you.

I wonder how long it will stay reasonable though. Netflix started low too, but kept rising over time. It's 10$ at launch but it remains to be seen if it stays that way.

regardless, the purpose of renting anything is to pay less and see if you want to keep it, then go buy it if you plan on playing it repeatedly.
I bought all of the first party game pass offerings except crackdown 3 for obvious reasons and forza because its still too expensive to justify buying it.

So what you're trying to tell me is that the rented games are basically a different version alltogether? Horizon 4 as an example again, let's say I get game pass, play it, get the Lego DLC for it. Game pass runs out, I decide to buy Horizon 4. Does the DLC not work, then? Because if it does, I still don't see a problem with it.

They should push for this so that the fucking STD dies quickly and people go for the more appropriate model for the industry. Streaming games is definitely more of a stupid thing than downloading them full and having no input lag.

That's exactly it. Netflix is good for movies you'll only watch once, but you buy the DVD/Bluray for the ones you'll watch again.
I'm sure some day it'll crumble, and at that point hopefully everyone bails out. Until then, why not make use of it?

It would work in that case. What you're saying is what I was recommending in the first place.

>does the DLC not work?
I personally dont know, but I would say yes, it wouldnt work. eg DLC bought for a version of a game on Origin wouldnt work on the same game bought on steam

I understood it as if I should be buying the game whether I still use game pass or not. If I am invested in this ecosystem, I don't expect to just use it for a month or two. Realistically, I was speaking about purchasing DLC while having game pass for a few years to come.

I’m hype AF! Just thinking about all the epic gamer moments I will have after purchasing the Xbox live game pass!

> E3.
Oh irony. Do you know there is that thing called "Embrace, extend, extinguish". Microsoft shoves their XBLive games everywhere is literally how EEE starts.

The game pass version of the game is the same as the paid version. They're both UWP titles.

Yeah, this is the appeal for me. I doubt I'd ever buy the modern Tomb Raider sequels and shit like that, but I like action oriented TPS games and would probably get some fun out of playing them for cheap.

But that's different stores / publishers. When I buy from Microsoft I'd expect it to work when buying from Microsoft again, but maybe I am delusional at this point.

It's not like you're prevented from buying a game after renting it. If you like a game, there's no harm in buying it.

Based schizo poster

Metro is a terrible port. Lots of bugs. Wait until they patch it. You cant change graphic Settings and it crashes.

>having game pass for a few years to come
See this is something I would never recommend. Unless you know for sure you're getting your $15 worth every month. If you think you're going to play a game long term, and buy DLC for it, I wouldn't advise perpetually renting it.

If you unironically have the windows store still active on your computer you need to go back.

>having gamepass for a few years to come
You can save a lot more money by just buying the game at that point lol
In which case, use the subscription to try something out for a few hours, if you like it, buy it and DLC for keeps. The subscription is basically glorified paid demos, use it that way

As long as you make sure you're getting you're monies worth, the yes.

>if you like it, buy it and DLC for keeps
Correct, this was my point from the beginning. If you like the game, don't keep renting it forever.

You're not just perpetually renting one game though, you're renting hundreds. The only game my GF has a physical copy of is Forza Horizon 4. Every other game she has played through game pass for the year she has had her Xbox, and she has played dozens of games. The price of them to have bought outright: digital or retail is significantly more than the $120 she has spent on game pass in that year.

version differences between subscription game and bought game, for a start. Its like a drug dealer giving out quality stuff for the first timers, then handing out weak shit to keep his customers hooked. Same principle

This assumes that I won't be playing more than one or two games. At that point I would wholeheartedly agree that it makes zero sense to just rent the games. But as long as they keep adding games to the service, and somewhere it says microsoft game studio games will always be available first day, it might be cheaper in the end especially if you're one to buy games at release, but I suppose that's purely hypothetical at this point.

Not to be a fag or anything but I would recommend against the whole "buy 3 years worth of game pass by spending money on xbox live gold instead" thing. It's a service that you might end up not liking much, so don't invest much either. Instead grab the PC pass, if you have a free trial for xbox pass use that too, then grab the ultimate pass, so you get more than a month at least to chew on it and pay next to fucking nothing.

Yea Forums is full of autists. I personally pick a game, play it to completion, before moving on to another one. I can spend anywhere from a week to a few months addicted to one game before i get tired of it or finish it. For autists and completionfags like me, gamepass and subscription is a terrible idea because we just dont use them to the fullest potential. It all depends on how you play games in your library

Not him but it's weird, I've manually updated and all that stuff but I'm still not on 1903. Wonder what's going.

Yeah if you're getting your monies worth, then its the better option. I'm just think long term, and I'd rather not have to worry about renting a game again because I want to play it 5 years later. And games can be removed from game pass at any time, but a purchased game stays as yours. They've already had a few games leave game pass forever.

But I thought that's how everyone plays game. How else do people do it? Drop games after an hour?

DLC bought will work with the Game Pass and paid versions as there is 0 difference between the two besides terms of ownership.
"Free" Xbone Gold games work on a similar principle (which was ultimately just a test run for this). You have access to them as long as you have Gold and you can buy DLC for them that will still work if you buy the game in full later.

Having your customers buy the same DLC twice would be PR suicide.

Too true. I do the opposite, pretty much switch as soon as I'm done with the main content in a game if it's not really good so I like to have plenty of variety in a single month, but I understand why it would be a pretty stupid service for someone who dedicates enough time on each title.

casualfags like , yes. They are the target audience of gamepass, for this reason

This but unironically.

they literally wouldn't take my money when i tried to sign up.

It's called "I don't need to collect these 1500 tokens just so I can unlock developer commentary". Newer games are full of padding and soulless filler so completing them is a complete waste of time. Completing newer assassin's creed games is not only having no life, but no taste.

I'm very much a casualfag these days and I won't even deny it. I drop games after two hours if they don't resonate with me and I barely ever 100% a game. That's what I did 20 years ago, but it's just not worth it anymore at this point.

upgrading to ultimate gave extra time based on previous subscriptions, did you have some kind of 20 year plan or some shit

>removes games due to licensing
but please play our service goy

Attached: 81a01pjJArL._SL1500_.jpg (1100x1500, 180K)

but pc's always had free games

Attached: anime-girl-confused-png-1.png (580x720, 340K)

Are the games streamed or downloded like Steam?

Sorry I meant completing any assassin's creed games. In retrospect I remember trying to do that for AC1 and 2 and god damn it was not only a chore but not fun at all. Only modern game I completed 100% was tomb raider 2013 and it wasn't even worth the effort. Not even the jewkuza ones that I love so much these days.

Downloaded, so you're required to have a PC that can handle whatever titles you want to play.

3 years of Gold can be bought for $40 each.
$120/36 = $3.33 a month for Gold (MP on Xbone and a combo of free 360 games to keep and "free" Xbone games tied to a sub), Xbone Game Pass and PC Game Pass.

I can see why that might be an iffy decision for PC only players, but as someone with an Xbone (and a family that I gameshare with that can use my subscriptions), it was a no brainer.

Also kep in mind that Game Pass Ultimate is going to start including DLC as well though.

Literal anything in life can be obtained for free, if you really want. Don't act like a tough guy for pirating a game on your PC.

>windows 10
No thanks.

Nice. I will subscribe soon then since I only have a 360 and PC

If you bought it physically or digitally, you can still play it, dummy.

I can understand. Games these days are factory-made crammed with the same tropes, powers and plot devices because other games used them to great effect in the past. Games made with soul are undoubtedly a rarity in this day and age.
That said, I'd rather waste a few hours trying to find those masterpieces and just buy them(or pirate, if I absolutely have to) than get a subscription to try out different flavours and types of shit

I just need the games released on Steam or GoG. The MCC will do I suppose.

Multiplayer games? Crossplay? Convenience? It's a good deal much better than Sony PS+/Now and Nintendo Sub. Specially at $1 for the first month.

Yeah at least it's a bit more traditional than the Stevia or Stephane or whatever the fuck.

You think you own any of your games?

Attached: 1558875434473.gif (658x668, 405K)

But games have already been removed from game pass, just not that one. You should never rely on a digital rental system long term.

and if your hardddrive dies out you lose it forever :)

As an addendum
>playing Horizon 2
>when Horizon 4 exists
>when Horizon 3 exists

That's true.
Game Pass is a revolving catalog aside from 1st party (Forza is the notable exception due to car licensing but otherwise no other series are at risk)
It's in your purchase history for redownload, brainlet.
I do know Snoy has killed redownloading for specific things like PT though.

They're all in completely different locations with completely different types of races. 2 is largely tight city areas, 3 is just long straight stretches, and 4 is largely windy mountain hills.

I do stupid things like buying highly rated games on steam when there's a sale even if it's a genre I am not that interested in just to drop them later on. To find a true masterpiece that I enjoy, it takes a good while for sure. Going through dozens of games with that kind of rental service might work, but yes, can be very hit or miss. The last game I 100%'d was Super Daryl Deluxe, some obscure Metroidvania, criminally underrated in my opinion, and has it flaws for sure. It's quirky, stupid but ultimately quite satisfying despite having played a dozen metroidvanias before. At this point, I'd rather go back to some games I played and know I like rather than looking for something truly outstanding, sometimes it's just not worth the hassle.

>free games
It's a monthly fee isn't it?

Attached: 1554221383639.png (549x560, 258K)

People said the same with Netflix and Hulu now everybody has atleast one streaming service or use a free site that streams for free

People are also realizing the problems with this, with constant delistings and having to be subscribed to 12 different providers.

Everything else is streamed music, movies, books and tv shows I don’t understand why people are surprised that they’re trying to do it with gaming and in this climate it’s going to work

Attached: BD7EE5EB-9A49-4145-A378-9A72DE19B151.jpg (883x597, 233K)

based

Attached: x.png (547x437, 20K)

itt: undercover microsoft shills

Yeah I understand that the best option for that atleast for gaming is treat them like games with gold/psn+ if you download them you can play it if you don’t pay the subscription they’ll lock it on your console until you renew it

Yeah. you should. Its amazing how some simple DS, GBA and even flash games are more detailed and made with more care and attention than modern games.
Its also nice to have a civil discussion on Yea Forums once in a blue moon.
Now neck yourself, casualfag. You scum the reason gaming is dying with soulless garbage and anticonsumer shit in every corner

>Cuck Pass

Fuck off back to Discord.

Just take advantage of what you can take advantage of, it's that simple

Don't want it don't use it. If you're covered in pig shit just roll with it, don't stand there like a fool

I will follow your suggestion and terminate myself immediately, so the gaymers can have their way. Rise up and all that.

>Buy the $1 first month
>Let's get some games
>Go to install
>No devices available to install
>Look into this
>You need 1903
>Go to update
>Nothing found, 1809 is latest available for me
>Google problem
>Nothing, every article just says 1903 is available for everyone to update
>Try to download from the standalone updater
>"This update is not applicable to your device."
>Finally manage to get the update through the standalone upgrade tool
>Download app
>Go to download game
>Something unexpected happened: Error code 0x80070005
It's fucking garbage and I feel ripped off for even spending a dollar.

It's nice. I'm trying out some stuff for £1. Metro Exodus for £1 isn't too bad.

But that's illegal

You feel ripped off because you didn't even spend a minute of research before knowing what you're getting

The rest of us have successfully updated and can enjoy our product, if you can't back up your shit and install fresh 1903 in a single day you ain't doing it right

I literally have 1903 you retard. I can't download games anyway. Read the entire greentext before you reply.

Would be nice if the xbox one actually had good games

You're a fucking idiot. You can't even get games that are currently on steam without microsofts latest update. Fucking indy games that run on xp you can't even get. Having to update is completely pointless.

Is the pass worth it if I have a potato?

Probably not.

I'm usually content finishing the game on the hardest difficulty. I don't need to play X multiplayer matches or collect 100 flags or whatever else you need to do to "really finish the game™".

I don't know how more clear you want them to be about this before you spend your hard earned dollar.

Like I suggested, do a fresh install.

Most indie games there have varying requirements. Not really worth it.

Forgot pic

Attached: gamepasspc.jpg (1319x657, 249K)

For one dollar this is more convenient.

What do you mean? With games it's just:
>Go find torrent of the game on a public tracker (because private ones require commitment)
>Download torrent
>Press install
>Find Windows Defender has detected something
>Ask around in the original torrent comment section
>The uploader says it's a false positive, believe him because every uploader has the best intentions in mind
>Install the game, be sure you check english language instead of russian
>Open up the game
>Don't even attempt to use multiplayer because the game thinks it's offline
>The flickering textures in DX12 mode got patched in 1.0.6742 so you just have to find that patch
>I mean it should be easy to find that patch, right?

Fuck off, I'm not going through the effort of playing a ripped copy. For a buck a month having access to that entire library is more than worth it. I get to point and click on which game I want while you fuck around finding a good torrent. Fuck off

what kind of games does x box have that i as a pc gamer would want ? fable 2 ? its the only one i can think of

Is it 1 USD for only the FIRST month or for how long you are subscribed to this? They don't say so I don't even know if this is legal at all. Does the month start counting when I subscribe or is it the actual calendar month? Gears of War 4 is still a fucking HUUUUUUUUUUUGE download. My pirated version of Gears 4 always closes back to the desktop after the splash screen of the Gears logo. I might give this a try just to test if this is actually working but I somehow think the legal version will crash on me too.

Currently downloading forza horizon 4 (loved the demo back then). I don't care about renting, family did that a lot in the 90s and I never replay most of the games I play anyway.

It's the first month and when you check out there's a little thingie that you can check or uncheck in order to charge you automatically for the next month whenever that one ends. You can do that (for promotional shit, for instance I know that some 14 day codes turn into 30 day codes if you enable it) and just immediately after, disable the renewal so that they don't charge you anything, but you still keep that month.

The ultimate pass is (going to be) more expensive, but currently it's the same price. It accumulates every subscription you have paid for before (xbox live gold OR xbox game pass OR pc game pass) and turns it into ultimate (all three). I managed to get up to three months by using an old code and doing that. Just be sure to disable the renewal.

The other guy was agreeing with you, dumbass.

yea and after the 1 dollar month is done, it's over for me.

You are reading the wrong fucking post stupid fuck

here. You're thick, man. And not in the good way.

I agree, it really is. Especially if you abuse Bing rewards to pay for it.

console fags don't understand what the word free means

Nobody is acting like a tough guy, don't be butthurt over people downloading vidya for free.

Who cares?

You have to pay for things to have them.

Not when they're free.

You can't play online pirated games.

>he doesn't know

Except for the 40 remasters they release each year, that's GOOD nostalgia. But playing the games you already own? BAD nostalgia.
Be a good goy, rent a game today!

This but also retarded.

>One dollar
Sold I guess, nothing really to lose except my time on those free games for a month

You are so fucking retarded it's painful

>It's all about in the moment. Nostalgia is nothing but strings.

Attached: 1552473248_halo-master-chief-collection-logo.jpg (1280x720, 152K)

is this only available in the US? it wont let me choose payment options outside the US

ausfag here

Attached: worksonymymachine.png (200x193, 30K)

Are you playing 4D chess and being sarcastic about sarcasm or do I need to spell it out for you?

Such a retard you can't even parse obvious sarcasm, amazing.

Fable 2 and 3 on PC, finally?

>The list is small
>Small
ABZU
ACA NEOGEO METAL SLUG X
Antiquia Lost
ARK: Survival Evolved
Astroneer
Battle Chasers: Night War
Battle Chef Brigade Deluxe
Battlefleet Gothic: Armada
Bomber Crew
Bridge Constructor Portal
Broforce
Brothers: a Tale of Two Sons
Book of Demons
Clustertruck
Crackdown 3
Crosscode
Die for Valhalla!
Disneyland Adventures
Everspace
Fez
Football Manager 2019
Full Metal Furies
Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for Windows 10
Gears of War 4
Gears 5
Guacamelee 2
Halo: Spartan Assault
Halo: Spartan Strike
Halo Wars: Definitive Edition
Halo Wars 2: Standard Edition
Hatoful Boyfriend
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
Hello Neighbor
Hollow Knight
Hotline Miami
Imperator: Rome
Into The Breach

I don't trust two things:
Thing that cost a dollar when they shouldn't and men who wear no shoes in public.

Lichtspeer: Double Speer Edition
Forza Horizon 4 standard Edition
Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite
Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight
Metro Exodus
Mindzone
Moonlighter
MudRunner
Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden
Neon Chrome
Old Man's Journey
Operencia: The Stolen Sun
Opus Mangum
Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition
Orwell: Keeping an Eye on You
Oxenfree
Prey
Pony Island (Daniel Mullins Games)
ReCore
RiMe: Windows Edition
Riptide GP: Renegade
Rise of Nations: Extended Edition
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Rush: A Disney-Pixar Adventure
Ruiner
Samorost 3
Sea of Thieves: Anniversary Edition
Shenmue I & II
Silence - The Whispered World 2
Sinner for Windows 10
Slay The Spire
Shoot n Merge 2048
Smoke and Sacrifice
Snake Pass
State of Decay 2
Stealth Inc 2
SteamWorld Dig 2
Sunset Overdrive
Super Lucky's Tale
Superhot
Supermarket Shriek
Surviving Mars - First Colony Edition
Riverbond
Tacoma
Titan Quest Anniversary Edition
The Banner Saga
The Banner Saga 2
The Banner Saga 3
The Flame In The Flood
The Gardens Between
The Last Door: Season 2 Collector's Edition
The Messenger
The Stillness of the Wind
The Surge
The Turing Test
Thimbleweed Park
Thumper
Tyranny Gold Edition
Valkyria Chronicles
Vampyr
Void Bastards
Wandersong
Wargroove
Wasteland 2: Director's Cut
West Of Loathing
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
We Happy Few
Wizard of Legend
Zoo Tycoon: Ultimate Animal Collection

That's a pretty small list. My PS+ library is bigger than that and it's mostly filled with crap.

Is it really just $1 and access to dozens of actually decent games? No catches here?

just for this "beta" month, then it's 5 bucks a month

You have 1 month. How many games can you finish in that time anyways?
I'm not convinced it's cheaper than buying a bundle for 5 bucks and playing the games a your own pace.
Plenty of those games are indie as well so I think it's a good comparison.

No catches as long as you cancel the automatic renewal in your account. It's literally like the amazon prime trial if you ever used that one. Activate, disable, there we go.

The other catch if you call it that is that you require windows 10 latest update, a microsoft account and there might not be the games that you wish for there. But just look at the current list.

Could be worth it if the games were good. But I just opened their "most popular" games list and the only ones worthwhile are
>Hollow Knight
>Into the Breach
>Black Desert
>Fallout 4
>MHW
And that's disappointing

Yeah it would be.

IF MY PC WOULD JUST FUCKING UPDATE

The difference is that you can't really buy a 5 buck bundle that includes Void Bastards and Metro Exodus.

Most of these are not even available for PC.

Xbox has been pretty based

Attached: xgods.jpg (960x865, 134K)

user it's just temporary access to them.

microsoft said they're adding more games each month. shit only cost a $1. I feel like something bad is about to happen.

Attached: 1537145570609.jpg (1280x720, 76K)

Those games are the exception, not the rule.
But that's fair, I think getting 1 month to play those games would be ok if you only plan in playing them once.

For $1 for a month. There's not been a bundle worth a shit for 5 bucks in a long time. I own like a hundred of those fuckers on steam and I couldn't give two fucks if I lost them right now.

>He can't afford a dollar

That's the point really. It's like a rental. If I have someone tell me "hey, you can rent some games here for just 1 dollar, all of them, this month, and you can just pay that dollar and get that month and that's it" I would accept that deal. It's like a free sample, except not free, just the price of my soul and one dollar, everyone has that.

I guess they will gradually increase the fee. For now they need to catch people in their net with their library (which honestly is already decent).

Is this a successful business model?
All I can see myself doing is paying for 1 month, playing the 5 good games they have and then opting out. How is that not what most other people do? They'd need to regularly put good new games there to make it worth it, or have an extensive catalog with hundreds of good options like what Netflix or Spotify do, but they are not doing that.

God the launcher is buggy, I know it's a beta but come the fuck on. Thankfully games can launch outside the launcher because they're just windows apps all the same. I'll just use desktop icons like a fucking boomer

why is phil constantly cucking his own console?

hehe ty-coon

I bought 2 12 month gold cards and a 6 month gold card from Costco, then I bought the 1 dollar first month of PC games pass. Then I bought the 1 dollar first month ultimate. That gave me 35 months of Ultimate for 125 bucks. Compared to the 500 it would cost going month by month. That's 3 bucks a month for some decent shit.
Good deal.

I think that generally speaking, normies subscribe to a service then when they get bored they forget to disable the recurring payments. It's generally why any service involving your credit card is a recurring payment by default, the business model is predicated on preying on people who are absent-minded.

It's up to them, the terms are clear. It's not like the $1 deal is forever, I think it's just this one month and that's it, next month new people will have to pay a still discounted price, but it's gonna be more than that.

Microsoft is known to have deals like these. I fucking bought some key for a microsoft product a few years ago, I was silly enough to tell them that I bought it on some cd key site and they didn't give two fucks. MS is scummy but in different ways than people think.

As long as you're intelligent you're getting a good deal out of this, I don't see a single problem.

that's what they want you to do

Based but what you said was cringe. You're a cuck but ms/gp is based boomercore

Whats the point of it when all the pc games are free? Also, whats up with all this microsoft dick sucking?

and?

Oh nothing, as long as you're aware.

But that's patently false, and not even getting into the piracy subject.

But you can pirate them tho.

Attached: 1558923901145.jpg (499x481, 28K)

Not everyone is a filthy nigger thief.

Yeah I don't give a shit. I turned off recurring billing. I imagine in 3 years they will prob have a new promotion I can take advantage of.
I'm that asshole that keep swapping my ISP and shit every 6 months to get all those sweet sweet promos.

you suck

>You can't even get games that are currently on steam without microsofts latest update
Piece of shit liar, I haven't updated in years, and I can play steam games just fine

Wait I think I misinterpreted your post. Did you mean on the Windows store? If so I apologize, you are correct (probably, I don't know shit about the Microsoft store)

On PC we have these things called torrent, that's a gamepass for all games for free.

It was. I literally played it using game pass on PC.

>-80%
you are like a little baby

Attached: Screenshot (135).png (619x107, 42K)

[Please drink verification can to access save]

Some games are only worth a rental. I own a copy of Superman 64. No one needs to own something like that.

A year of game pass costs the price of one game, if it has just two game you want to play, it’s worth it