Shenmue 3 looks pretty good

Or are we not allowed to discuss it anymore due to Steam drones seething?

Attached: shenmue 3 e3 epic.jpg (1920x1080, 227K)

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/MMAbhZ8NbtdmlgU5yNggUA/
youtu.be/Jbv6YzWjeQQ
youtube.com/watch?v=TJPpSanX_RA
youtu.be/Y5Hq5f5olE0?t=314
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Eat shit commie

You first

you made this thread already

Sorry OP, I disagree. Looks way worse than the previous entries. Budget Shenmue just ain't the same.

So are we not allowed to discuss Shenmue 3 anymore?

>Previously to Epic Store announcement

Can't wait!

>Post Epic Store announcement

Errrr durrr it look bad

It's called "corporate gangweeding".

Steamfags literally don't even have a goddamn platform to stand on anyway. Deepsilver already confirmed it will be out on Steam just in the future.

It looks like discount Yakuza

>W-W-WE'LL SUE YOU!!!1 *the steam drones hand rubbing intensifies*
But it's coming out in a year on Steam...
>D-D-DOESN'T MATTER GOY-I MEAN GUY, WE'RE SUING YOU AND KICKSTARTER FOR LIES!!!

Yakuza perfected the Shenmue concept without going over budget

Shenmue 3 exists just to finish a story for nostalgiafags though

>Shenmue 3 exists just to finish a story for nostalgiafags though
Shenmue 3 isn't going to finish the story though.

Anyway, fuck Deep Silver and fuck Epic.

>Shenmue 3 isn't going to finish the story though.
Then what's the point? I want to see him kill Lan Di, who cares about le don't press le button at le barber shop bullshit?

Fuck off

fuck off chink shill
boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/MMAbhZ8NbtdmlgU5yNggUA/

I hope Shenmue 3 finishes the plot/story first, then possibly continues on to another adventure. I mean, we're at how many Yakuzas? Why not a Shenmue 4?

literal shill: the post

>Yakuza perfected the Shenmue concept

Yakuza isn't a sim.

you made this thread already

>All these years since the announcement
>Still no gameplay

What's sim like about the Shenmue games? Honest question.

Literally E3

Did they show anything more? the trailer was nothing.

>N-n-no combat

youtu.be/Jbv6YzWjeQQ

Wrong

Why is it so easy to sniff out Steam drones?

Play the games.

I have, there's nothing really sim like about them

Don't make me nuke your social credit score again Wi Dong.

Attached: epic shill shenmue.jpg (967x714, 461K)

Did you even read my post? I was talking about the trailer shown at the PC GAMING SHOW. I hadn't seen this video.

Man, it not having the same framework as Virtua Fighter is really evident, it looks way worse than previous games.

Winnie the Pooh, fuck China and fuck Lan Di

But also fuck Steam and Steam drones

Attached: winnie xi.jpg (1200x800, 112K)

why does it look like a 2004 game? everything they've shown looked trash, from the voice acting to animations

There's nothing sim-like about them relative to Yakuza? Basing the way you play around times of day and NPC schedules you can't control isn't sim-like?

You can't even eat in previous Shenmue games. Nice sim

>hitting something at that angle
Congratulations, you just fractured your hand and broke several fingers. GG WP, Mr. Martial Artist.

Shenmue 1 and 2 are pre 2004 games.

GTA does the same thing (sometimes you can't do missions at certain times of day)

Hell, San Andreas is more of a life sim than Shenmue because of needing to eat and work out.

If I'm being perfectly honest here Deadly Premonition already surpassed Shenmue and only lacked forklift DLC

Wait what? Is that true?

This isn't even going to finish the story?

Nice try EpiG shill, just admit you got caught.

No, they are planning more games

Oh God the animation looks so fucking bad.

So like a Shenmue game?

Sounds like they have given up and are cashing out. No-one is going to fund a 4th game after what they pulled. They pissed off the original backers, and the game is probably going to sell like shit on Epic Game Store so you can forget about Deep Silver or Epic funding them.

youtube.com/watch?v=TJPpSanX_RA

Yep, I'm thinking Shenmue is back on the menu. I hope it is more like the first, I legitimately enjoying the forklift part of the game.

Shenmue 1 and 2 had awesome animation for the time. These animations look worse than the previous two games, especially in combat.

yikes

Source? Seriously that does not bode well. Sega dropped Shenmue in the first place because it was a huge fucking investment with numberous voice actors and events.

The only way anyone would claim they WANT to do future installments with SHENMUE instead of just closing it out is by creating a lazy trainwreck with not even a quarter of depth the first 2 have.

>scam people
>MOAR
It's going to be dead in the water after it bombs on PS4 and whatever happens on PC.

>These animations look worse than the previous two games, especially in combat.

I'm not convinced, I played through Shenmue 2 a few months ago.

>Shenmue 1 and 2 had awesome animation for the time.

And this is trying to stay true to them. Literally the only good animations in Shenmue 1 and 2 were the combat animations from VF - but I'd hate for them to try and make a photo realistic Shenmue game, just wouldn't feel right and would be a stark contrast to the first two and stick out like a sore thumb

Aren't kickstarters commie in nature?

That is retarded.

Wasn't Shenmue considered realistic when it released?

Very much so, it pioneered a lot of things we take for granted now.

I remember thinking nothing would ever top the graphics in Banjo Kazooie and that they'd be state of the art forever

Shenmue has gone from being state of the art to being an art style of the time

How the fuck? It's build off capitalism.

it looks like shit

but Shenmue was always shit so the fans are at least getting what they wanted

It's a boredom simulator

I kinda wish Shenmue games had an alternate ending where Ryo settled down and didn't continue the path of revenge

Obviously the true ending would be the endings we have now,

It's not that the Shenmue games are shit, it's more like they're poorly designed with love

The Shenmue games aren't life simmy enough, the combat isn't super deep, the mini games are just filler, the adventure game elements are simple

Yakuza is just as much of a sim as Shenmue is man. Shenmue puts you in the shoes of a dude questing through japan/china with all their unqiue folk,mannerisms and architecture. Yakuza is a dude questing through Japan with all its unique folk,mannierisms and architecture. Same shit really they just approach it different.
Some people like to compare Shenmue to a Kung Fu movie but I honestly never saw that. It does have its Chinese teaching moments but the scope is too big for me to swallow it like that If anything it's more like a Kung Fu manga

There's some chop socky flicks kind of like Shenmue in a way like what you're describing, but the comparison is mainly due to the bad dubbing - the manga comparison is pretty apt and maybe the best way to describe Shenmue

kung fu is a meme martial art. Can't take it seriously.

The 90's were different time

b-but it looks so cool
so damn cool

youtu.be/Y5Hq5f5olE0?t=314

Fuck off retard.