Is buying a PS4 still worth it in 2019?

Is buying a PS4 still worth it in 2019?

Attached: 81nDSzyHhCL._SL1500_[1].jpg (1500x1141, 96K)

bump

That's a tough one. I'd wait until we hear whether or not PS5 is backwards compatable. If that's the case just get one of those. Despite what Yea Forums says if you are going the console route, PS4 is the way to go
>Spider-Man
>God of War
>Bloodborne
>Horizon Zero Dawn
>The Last of Us
>Until Dawn
>Final Fantasy VII Remake
There's plenty of Multi-plats worth checking out. But I usually judge a console by it's exclusives.

If you can get it for $150 or less, go for it.

Not really unless you are desperate to play Cold Steel 3

>no persona

Yeah, you can get all the games really cheap now

Depends if you like
>Bloodborne
>Gravity Rush
>Persona 5
There's also a bunch of movies to watch on it.

I knew I was missing one!!!

OP, if you have any love for JRPGs you really need to get this one!

>still
Was it ever?

I'm going to pick one up in 2-5 years when it becomes reasonably priced and fully hacked, to play a few PSVR games that I won't be able to emulate for at least another decade.

None of those games are worth owning this console for at the current price, when it's 150 bucks for a Pro and PSVR, I'll bite.

PS5 is backward compatible with all PS4 games. The Bone Snake is backward compatible with all Bone titles. It wont be an issue going forward.

it depends. sony has been on a censorship tirade recently and some of the ps4's exclusives are garbage.

its on ps3 therefore pc

>The Bone Snake is backward compatible with all Bone titles.
what am i reading

Might be better off waiting for PS5 at this point in time if you really want a PlayStation

>PS5 is backward compatible with all PS4 games.
That has not been confirmed. Knowing Sony, I expect them to lock PS4 games behind a streaming subscription.

Yeah. They're pretty cheap, game sales are frequent, and it has some good exclusives.

>PS3 emulation
No thx.

Your better off waiting until the BC rumors get confirmed or not for the PS5, either way you will be able to pick one up dirt cheap once the PS5 is out.

This is actually the only reason I'm considering picking up a PS4 but I'm gonna wait a bit. NISA games have typically been coming to PC but their ports are really hit or miss, given how Falcom wants their games on PC it's probably likely.

id say so, games are cheap and you have lota of them.
desu buying consoles close to end of of its life its the best value you can get.

even if ps5 comes out in 2020 (doubt it btw, at most christmas 2020) you dont need to get it right away.

also ignore Yea Forums fanatism wars about consoles.. its just a bunch of kids that havent realized that its the games that matters.. not consolles or platforms or what companies to support..

news flash for all of them: they dont give a fuck about you, either ms or nintento or sony. they just want your fucking money.

>PS5 is backward compatible with all PS4 games
[citation needed]

>The Bone Snake is backward compatible with all Bone titles.
w-what

Attached: 1551270900018.jpg (391x348, 20K)

im thinking your right,
>PS5 is backwards compatible with all ps4 games through the psnow service at $100 per month.

man, this generation has been a real waste.

Probably not. The exclusives suck balls. The PS5 is around the corner and will likely play PS4 games. Wait a year then see.

no
what for?

Wait for the inevitable price drop and FFVIIR and The Royal.

Only the PS4 Pro for better performance

My only hope is to have the same backward compatibility with original Xbox and Xbox 360 games so I won't have to buy a One X

Yes try to pick one with a 5.05 firmware so you can hack it and pirate every game until last year.

are you guys actually fucking retarded?

Attached: 1547539330168.jpg (973x125, 65K)

Might as well wait for the PS5, it'll play games even better than the Pro

ok the only real reason why i want to buy a ps4 is for persona 3,4 and 5.

Well, is backward compatibility confirmed? If so, wait for PS5 indeed

3 and 4 aren't on ps4 unless you mean the dancing spin offs.

If you don't have a PC, it's a must-buy along with the Switch. It has the best game released in over a decade (Bloodborne) and I am honestly not trying to be hyperbolic or anything. The game is that good.

not for more than $50. you can count the number of relevant exclusives on two hands whereas the result of the library is 99.9% multiplats which are all on PC. just buy a PC instead.

Bought it for Bloodborne, Tekken 7 and RDR2. Didn't finish the two SP games and T7 is much, much better on PC.

At this point I'm only waiting for TLoU2 multi to salvage this purchase.

BB is shit, I had more fun with DaS3 and Sekiro.

Plus, you can play it on PC with PS now.

But you have to buy them again in the PS Store.

>Bloodborne in 720p with input lag and no DLC.
It's playable if you use the free trial but it's pretty pitiful as well.

That is not what the source article said. It said it would be able to play some games from PS4. Not that all PS4 games would be natively playable. Just like how the PS4 can "play" PS3 games

still no ape escape 4

Not if you use same PSN account.

Why? I have bought games on my PS3 and can be played on Vita, PS3, PS4 and Vita
Why would they do that? It is hara kiri

Exactly right. These days its easy to find one cheap and Bloodborne is the star of the show if you can get into it.

IMO God of War is a very close second and there are other great games like Shadow of the colossus remake and Uncharted 4.

Also Death stranding and FF7 remake coming out, though I think FF7 is timed.

One can only pray for demons souls remake.

how else should i play persona 4? i thought they can be downloaded from some shop

only if it’s $100

Duhh

>New gen at hand
>Only a few games worth playing
Unironically worst gen yet

Still no Ninja Gaiden 4
Still no new Onimusha
Still no new Demon's Soul II
Still no new 007 game
Still no new Mechassault
Still no new MediEvil
Still no new Twisted Metal
Still no new Conker 2
Still no new Jade Empire 2
Still no new Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks 2
Still no new Godzilla melee game
Still no new Breakdown 2
Still no new Goldeneye Rogue Agent 2
Still no new JSRF
Still no new Tenchu
Still no new Legacy of Kaine
Still no new Legend of Dragoon
Still no new Sonic Adventure 3
Still no new Bloodborne 2
and I could go on and on....

>Still no new Sonic Adventure 3
user...

>Is buying a PS4 still worth it in 2019?
without a hint of irony it's still the best and most fundamental choice for any gamer:

PS4>Switch>PC

Attached: 1512348300165.jpg (1200x1600, 631K)

Nope. PS5 will be coming soon and it will be PS4 backwards compatible.

If you own a PC you already have access to every game worth playing on PS4 that isn't Bloodborne.

I don't use Windows tho

what about persona

Not to P5R, Gravity Rush 2, The Last Guardian, Dreams Death Stranding, GoW, HZD, inFamous SS, and the VII Remake for a long while.

Why? I use W10 and Debian
Some games run better under Debian such as COD MW2 (Steam+Proton)

Definitely worth buying over an xbox but im not sure on switch. Depends on your tastes.

I was thinking of buying one then changed my mind after the Tifa reveal.

>worthwhile

all these games are either shit or not out yet
t. ps4 owner

That list makes me sad. Games are shit these days.

I can tell you're over 40 just by the way you write. Learn to use Windows OS and emulate you old fuck.

soooooo many great games. I've had it for about a year now and I'm extremely happy with it. But I would be lying is I weren;t kind of anxious for the ps5 release to be left behind and having to save up again. Look, if you buy a ps4 you can have fun with games for like a decade... But if you want to be up to date with the newest games, I'd wait for the ps5

I don't care if you do or don't have a PS4, you need to have that shit-taste checked out, it's cancerous.
Forgot to add Odin Sphere to the list of exclusives.

Shill.

Also PS5 is supposed to be backwards compatible with all PS4 titles, but if it isn't wait for the PS5 to release anyway and see how the backwards compat works before buying a PS4 used. Buy the PS5 used while you're at it to save money and to give Snoy less money.

Odin Sphere is a PS3 and Vita game. It's even 1080p on PS3 so you're not missing out on everything.

It's also shit, mindlessly repetitive and tedious. Like every Vanillaware game it has nothing going for it with art.

This is a joke right? All of those are the most normie games of normies

go back to r*ddit