Smash DLC

>Atlus (SEGA)
>Square Enix
>Microsoft
>?
>?
Who's left?

Attached: fighter pass.png (1280x720, 1.07M)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/NCi8Af0N
nintendoeverything.com/pete-hines-on-bethesdas-relationship-with-nintendo-exclusives-and-smash-bros/
gamesradar.com/heres-what-you-need-to-know-from-nintendos-investor-qanda-new-online-switch-game-and-more/
youtube.com/watch?v=mMLHHxV0vWU
youtube.com/watch?v=FgMIlAYrXGE
youtu.be/O7A7NUAYQJs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

me

Bethesda probably. Either Doom or Skryim

Doomguy and Phoenix Wright.

Attached: youknowitstrue.jpg (3264x3030, 1012K)

Sakurai himself will join the fray

Sony

Capcom and Bethesda

Capcom.

Attached: file.png (399x444, 243K)

Bethesda
Indie Company/Developer
Nintendo wants Smash to appeal to vaster crowds remember?

Attached: 1555385874550.png (378x320, 238K)

I know no more rules, but my gut says they won't do Doomguy.
You can clean up Bayonetta and still have her be true to her character. She can still be cheeky and endearing, and have a bit of tease.
I don't think you can do the same for Doomguy, nor do I think Doom fans would be happy with it if he was.

Capcom and Bamco

Capcom and Bandai Namco

Sony

Team Shanghai Alice

No.
The last character will be a publicity stunt.
Sakurai will come out and say "The final DLC character is behind this curtain. If you want them, know that I will commit suicide right here on stage. I have a gun right here. Polls are open. Either me and that curtain both stay up, or we both hit the ground."

The obvious Capcom rep. And that's gotta be either Okami Amaterasu or Phoenix Wright.

Falcom and SNK.

Adol Christin is acceptable, though Rean Schwarzer will probably be the one picked. Either way, I just want Falcom jdk music in Smash, dammit.

Attached: 10c289653fa3a416dfc6e62c2593e165.jpg (1433x1800, 135K)

indie rep, the only one that makes any real sense is the half-genie hero because shovel knight is already btfo and steve is also gay and btfo, and most other indie games arent big enough to warrant a character. so shantae would be the best choice for an indie rep

Attached: 48408342_2389929791035623_4721909701174886400_n.jpg (352x352, 18K)

fuckin based.

sans should be in smash.

Konami with Contra rep and SNK with Metal Slug rep.
My never ever is Marina from Mischief Makers because I just want to shake shake

Namco

Attached: 5D9546D5-8587-4A06-94AB-F2319B8B49A8.png (362x380, 64K)

>can't even sell a million units
yeah no.

Attached: 099.jpg (500x375, 23K)

SPIRITS
DECONFIRM
TAKE YOUR FUCKING CONSOLATION PRIZE WITH AT LEAST SOME DIGNITY

Attached: Otis fire.jpg (1278x822, 44K)

Based AF

>In my Dreams Tier
Geno
Jibanyan
>Realistic Tier
A shooty boy and another fucking animu swordfag
>Pessimistic Tier
Steve and another fire emblem rep.

I'm so glad people are actually using this image I made

We're so close I can taste it, Don-Chanfriend

Attached: 483a6edbc07997b4dbaa2d93dbdbbdf6.png (391x384, 187K)

Show me Sakurai saying spirits deconfirm you salty milkshake!

Reimu

he said it by waiting to add the plant's spirit until AFTER he released

Attached: 1a4d84c016b27d24db209df21f10eb636060c71a_hq.jpg (1024x576, 44K)

until that is confirmed, it is not confirmed, literally hang yourself

These two

Attached: 1560298582817m.jpg (1024x575, 64K)

has there ever been an official 3D model of raymoo?
other wise we could be lookingat Zun art in #d and im not sure if it would be pleasing or terrifying to see it happen

my negro

Attached: 1552581921639.jpg (1013x1066, 47K)

>trailer starts with several pokemon running
>ganon can be seen running away from the woods
>whatever is chasing down Ganon is also chasing down bayonetta and Dark Pit
>They get to a point where they meet up with Ridley and Dark Samus to prepare to fight whatever is chasing them down
> all the demons in smash are being hunted down by pic related. His trailer shows him soloing all of them

Attached: 1560234945466.jpg (1098x810, 274K)

Consider this
From the datamine, we can tell Shantae and Risky were added late in Smash Ultimate's development
pastebin.com/NCi8Af0N
If Shantae was DLC, wouldn't they save the spirits for her release?

Also

He doesn't have to crush skulls or rip spines out to be true to his character. He just has to be extreme, intense, and fueled by righteous fury.

i still dont understand why people think doomguy is anything other than a poor fit for smash bros

Bethesda and Fromsoft.

>Zun art in 3D
dude can barely draw her in 2D, I can't imagine what the abomination will look like

Attached: 200px-Th08Reimu.png (200x381, 86K)

Bethesda and Team Shanghai Alice, OP.

Thanks for making that image, I love it.

>Well, will you look at that, it seems we have wandered into a Battleground where the only way to win is to Brutally pummel eachother into submission using a variety of highly dangerous Weapons!
>aw shucks, Is it Monday already?

Attached: No survivors.jpg (600x240, 31K)

he's a cool guy once you get to know him

Attached: 1560237498860.jpg (1920x1080, 284K)

Attached: 23iYFJe.jpg (480x270, 15K)

>oh muh GAWDD MOMMY BANJO IS SO COOL MUH PEDO BEAR MUH BIRD OHMGGEE

everyone knows that the other 2 will be announced in EVO and the game awards, since evo is all about fighting games who do you think will be in ?

Attached: Evo.jpg (321x423, 57K)

1. Capcom
2. Namco
3. Bethesda
4. Nintendo Switch exclusive tie-in (ie Astral Chain or 3 Houses)
Only mentioning because I think they have no chance: SNK, Koei Tecmo

I really do want Doomguy but I think he's too violent for Smash. They had to remove all of Snake's guns and make him all explosions because explosions are kinda comical, doomguy is literally all guns. I don't see him getting in.

now show her pantsu

If Reimu is in she absolutely should be modeled after ZUN art if they want to give her soul, but realistically she'll probably be based on her fighting game appearances, which isn't half bad either.

actually disgusting
officially deconfirmed

This is the only character left that would actually make me excited. I don't think it'll happen especially since the series director has more or less publicly denied it, and also because Sega already has 3 characters. But I really don't care who else gets in.

Attached: kiryu.jpg (512x512, 66K)

I wish Waluigi was in but we're the only two left that want him at this point.

Why does everybody say he's not important enough? Mario is their most popular IP and he's been in every single spinoff game for years now. If they're racing, playing tennis or minigames or competing in the olympics or playing baseball, he is there every single time. Can we at least agree if he DOESN'T deserve it that he's still a better choice than half of the Fire Emblem characters?

Attached: image.jpg (640x363, 32K)

>EVO reveal
Yeah no
Banjo looks complete but he comes out in Fall
They're not gonna announce a character early again considering the disaster that was waiting for Joker

capcom already has 2(3) reps, they arent getting another

lol nah

Attached: Runner3ending.png (1920x1080, 1.86M)

Attached: 1546191304031.png (946x434, 144K)

>Persona 5 in English
>Dragon Quest in English
>Banjo in jap
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Joker broke the no gun rule and a lot of Doomguy's modern arsenal is stylized and science fiction based

doomguy has a bunch of other shit than just guns. He uses his fist a ton in doom 2016 not to mention he always had a punch. If they can tone down Bayonetta and Snake, they can do it with Doomguy

Attached: 1556672970545.gif (900x692, 108K)

>They're not gonna announce a character early again considering the disaster that was waiting for Joker

but they literally did that with banjo wdym

They need a DLC rep so they can sell you the Mii Costumes, retard. Keep up

Attached: miku_heart_master_chief_by_stevoie_pili_d902vr5-pre.jpg (631x1266, 132K)

Bethesda
nintendoeverything.com/pete-hines-on-bethesdas-relationship-with-nintendo-exclusives-and-smash-bros/

Thanos and John Wick

Bethesda, Doom guy is going to come since they announced Doom is coming to Switch.

>nor do I think Doom fans would be happy with it if he was
The only people who would be upset are those who were introduced to the series with either Brutal Doom or Doom 2016. Up until recently the series has never revolved around hyper-violent, Mortal Kombat-esque gore anyway.

I mean, the biggest complaints about Doom 3 when it released was that it didn't PLAY like a traditional Doom game, not that every action didn't coat the walls with blood and guts. Doom at its core is about going fast, shooting big guns, and exploring. As long as you've got those first two characteristics then you've got a proper Doomguy.

Attached: 1331598884040.jpg (329x418, 10K)

>Sylux
lmao

What we do know
>Hines said Nintendo and Bethesda talked about Smash
>Sakurai said Nintendo chose the DLC with him calling the final shots if he could make them work as a fighter
>Joker got in because of Sakurai approaching Atlus according to Atlus
What we don't know
>Was Hine's conversation with Nintendo serious or small talk
>Nintendo wants Smash to go after newer audiences
>When Nintendo made the list, did they approach the companies first or did they make it first, got Sakurai's approval, and then see if the companies were on board

>getting ha ha before the Bloody Red

I would be so fucking pissed

Pic related

Attached: dipshit.png (445x218, 37K)

teddy roosevelt is going to be in smash because Civ VI came to switch

for Doom Guy: shotgun just does explosions
chainsaw just does sparks
focus on laser weapons
could work but already feels to neutered just saying it

if Bethesda got a rep it'd probably just be Vault Boy

Capcom and a final Nintendo rep. Thats it

Viewtiful Joe and Doomguy

Attached: Viewtiful_Joe_Box_Art.png (347x494, 386K)

Shit fucked up
>Nintendo wants Smash to go after newer audiences
Belongs to what we do know

that's true, I forgot about Joker. Yeah I suppose there's a chance, it would be sweet as fuck if he was in

What makes you think she has to be in 3D? Just take a look at Mr Game and Watch.
I wouldn't be surprised if they let her in as an 2D sprite that doesn't speak, only making noises.

the guy from wolfenstein so we can have HITLER AS AN SPIRIT

Attached: 498ed76be651cffb6bb9bac6a9bb75c3.png (325x325, 136K)

Ace Attorney is cool and he's one of the best characters in MvC3
but there are really better choices for Smash, especially from Capcom (but they have enough)

Reminder that the DLC will likely not maintain momentum and hype
At best the last two characters will be the kind of characters who'd sell well on their own but would fail to entice suckers to buying a full pass early without any knowledge of who's left to reveal

I unironically would hotglue it.

I got everything i could ever want and there are still 2 slots lefts, i cannot wait to make a 4 vs 4 smash with a full DQ team

i can ship it, master chief is already into blue haired girls and he is currently single

Attached: nl4fd0jhls331.png (276x576, 297K)

The way guns are depicted in Doom and the way they're depicted in Persona 5 is pretty fucking different. Guns in Persona 5 are replicas that work through magic, are used exclusively to shoot monsters or phantoms, and don't even draw blood.

I won't say Doomguy is impossible but the violence DOES make him less likely and if he was going to get in he'd have to be toned down pretty hard.

Capcom (Phoenix)
Activision (Crash)

Attached: 9227B1CD3EFD465CBEA7F734F70C182A.jpg (719x290, 51K)

heh. Primitive anons. I present to you-
NAMCO PERFECTION

Attached: 5688-603826423.png (388x552, 119K)

Big if true

>doomguy is literally all guns
I guess you're not aware that most of Doomguy's arsenal used across the series is not very realistic. Almost every "realistic" weapon has either had a sci-fi or demonic-based variation. I mean, Doom Eternal's super shotgun is highly stylized and has a grappling hook attached to the bottom.

The whole "he uses guns" thing has never really been an issue, and I imagine is only stated by those not familiar with the series.

Fuck off Graizen

Attached: 273779_194574.gif (250x299, 9K)

Fuck off graizen

SPIKE CHUNSOFT

Attached: Monokuma_V3_Sprite_(4).png (138x256, 28K)

damn ur projared??

I still can't wrap my head around the fucking piranha plant making it over waluigi

Imagine the salt

Attached: Isaac1.0.jpg (1200x675, 259K)

He's in.

Attached: Agumon_b.jpg (320x320, 49K)

I'm a board visitor. Who?

Konami

Attached: Goemon.png (310x370, 86K)

Probably one of the SS pokemon, unfortunately

Basically someone who shills for Agumon in Smash and is from Smashboards
Insisted Brave was Agumon
Rumored to have tried and make a fake leak here to try and get Agumon in Smash more discussed

Mojang.

Konami
now that the serie is revived...

Attached: Bill and Lance.png (649x369, 518K)

he's a smashboards and gamefaqs dude who tries to spam Yea Forums and other forums with agumon posts so he can act like Agumon is a popular rosterfag pick when nobody really gives a shit

is it the Agumon4Smash Twitter guy? I've come across them a lot before offsite

Guns in the original Doom just have muzzle flashes
You could give him the SSG and just make it a hard hitting boom at close range and it would be basically the same as Joker’s gun.

>sony

Attached: 61s2-vCMauL._SY679_.jpg (433x679, 52K)

Probably Bandai and/or another Nintendo rep/Sony rep. Seems like companies are tied to three max, seeing how SEGA, Konami and Capcom all have three and no dlc from them so far.

Is viewtiful joe not in already? The fuck are Nintendo waiting for?

Imagine the rage if they made another Metroid character. As a shill rep, no less

Attached: file.png (2500x2500, 3.18M)

>The way guns are depicted in Doom and the way they're depicted in Persona 5 is pretty fucking different. Guns in Persona 5 are replicas that work through magic, are used exclusively to shoot monsters or phantoms, and don't even draw blood.
Do you really think that matters to the average person not familiar with Persona? All they're going to see is that one of Joker's basic attacks is him pulling out a standard-looking gun and shooting it.

Koei Tecmo should get a rep because Nintendo seem to outsource all their games to them now.

Ryu Hayabusa would be good. Marie Rose would be better.

would be less intense than the rage Sylux have for the galactic federation.

>implying my lad isn't in

Attached: 12095108_10154205048097646_6513522671555833556_o.jpg (1024x1024, 36K)

No, I mean that just because Joker uses a gun, doesn't mean you could depict the level of violence and horror that Doom is known for.

this and he has enemies shoot their blood out their necks for his all out attack

I feel like any chance of Sylux being a dlc character was internally thrown out once Prime 4's development was restarted.

I want Monster Hunter to get in just so they aren't trapped in the hell dimension known as MvCInfinite, but I also want Phoenix in.

Attached: 1542277056598.jpg (212x276, 19K)

bitch

Attached: Mainpromo9.png (670x398, 341K)

His new owners have been trying to release the games they acquired on the Switch
Nintendo doesn't even bother with them

Which was changed to black sparkles in Smash.

Leon Kennedy
Doom The Guy

Fug.

Let me call it. Save the post.

Attached: WIdcbN4.png (1080x612, 673K)

>Activision (Crash and Spyro)
Switch port is main indicator

Attached: tumblr_osdlzvxZlG1vi4j58o1_r12_500.gif (480x270, 2.35M)

>giving Doomguy guns must mean that Smash needs to turn characters into balloons of blood and gore whenever he hits anyone
What? Just make them hit like any other gun, except maybe with hitscan this time.

He gets so fucking mad when you bring up that Digimon started as a toy so it's not eligible to be in Smash. How to spot him is he unironically uses a Wikipedia source to prove they were "video games".

Suda51
Activision

>doesn't mean you could depict the level of violence and horror that Doom is known for.
Doomguy doesn't need to be depicted as breaking people's arms and ripping their heads off, though. He just needs to run fast, shoot guns, and punch hard. That alone fits the character to a tee already.

zoomer

Post yfw they get the DQ Hero treatment

Attached: 20190611_233642.jpg (1080x1066, 489K)

Explosions and energy weapons are probably fair game (see; Snake and Fox). Then the question is if they can stylize stuff like a double barrel shotgun enough for it to fit. Bayonetta's magic guns, Diddy's popgun and K. Rool's blunderbuss are all stylized ENOUGH.

If they can do that they can make a Doom Guy moveset. Lots of punching and exploding and throwing.

Who will Wright be defending in his Smash reveal trailer?
Mario with a remake of the Sunshine opening?

I was expecting an EVO reveal, but we got 2 today, neither of which got released.

>spyro with shoes

Obviously Monster Hunter

Attached: 1498203480551.jpg (1024x1166, 261K)

>mfw they can't get in because VNs aren't video games

Attached: Donkey Kong Dancing.gif (256x200, 53K)

U L T R A D E S P A I R G I R LS
B E G O N E

Capcom
>Dante
>Leon
>Amaterasu
>Phoenix Wright

Bamci
>Heihachi
>Dark Souls rep
>King of the Cosmos

Scorpion will never be in because MK is banned in Japan
Which sucks because he literally has everything else going for him
>Legacy
>Popularity
>Creator approval
The most popularity MK has ever had in recent years outside of westaboos in it for the yaoi of all things is Sonicfox shilling the game to Nips

Attached: 1447389688031.png (680x399, 128K)

They added a flashy hook to the SSG so it looks pretty stylized now.
Really these are the only non-energy guns he might need:
>Super Shotgun (definitely)
>Chaingun (maybe)
>Pistol (only for classic DG)
Shit like the rocket spamming assault rifle from 2016 can be used without firing a bullet, so it’s alright.
Rocket launcher will work regardless.

>Then the question is if they can stylize stuff like a double barrel shotgun enough for it to fit
Why? There's nothing stylized about pic related.

Attached: jokgun.png (599x450, 537K)

*in recent years in Japan

Meanwhile Sakurai congratulates the DR director on founding his own studio and says that he's always loved his games

Attached: IMG_20190612_040650.jpg (1080x897, 169K)

>Implying the game needs anyone else except for CHASE "MOTHERFUCKING" MCCAIN

Attached: Chase McCain.jpg (240x320, 37K)

Yes user, Banjo totally appeals to people who aren't Nintendo fans.

Attached: Eggplant Wizard.png (853x639, 358K)

A PC/Boomer rep. I also want Metal Slug characters for SNK and Frogger as last Konami rep.

What would a DR character's moveset even look like?
I guess you could give them a gun because of truth bullets and a few sword moves because of that a sword minigame, but what else?

Except Nintendo themselves literally said it
Banjo's an exception
>"With Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu!/Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee!, we asked 'How could we reach people who had played Pokémon GO, for example, but never played Nintendo Switch?' With Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, we asked 'How could we reach not only fans of the Super Smash Bros. series, but also those who had never played it before?' If you look at the demographics of the consumers who purchased each of these titles, Iʼm not convinced weʼve completely overcome these challenges yet. So our aims are to keep working on them this year, to expand sales of these titles to new consumer demographics, and to keep selling these games for a long time, which is one of our strengths."

gamesradar.com/heres-what-you-need-to-know-from-nintendos-investor-qanda-new-online-switch-game-and-more/

"You've got that wrong" bubble

hollow knight would be cool, I can see him having a neat moveset

I would love to have 2 more capcom reps (Phoenix Wright and Monster Hunter/Palico) but I think that there's enough characters with Ryu, Ken and Megaman.
If I had to choose I'd say Wright and Rayman but I would not be against characters like Dante or Doomguy

Attached: 1551620873349.jpg (500x499, 56K)

Also Doom has always been gamey as fuck. The original didn’t shy away from feeling arcadey as all hell, and the new games although having serious tones in it still knows its a game and doesn’t shy away from it either. Just look at that webm of Doomguy replacing a bullet in that cannon in the new game and awkwardly stumbling into the next part of the stage.

i really cant understand that, they ban MK but are cool with SamSho

Bethesda and Koei Techmo

Honestly, the only weapons I'd utilize in a Doomguy moveset is the super shotgun, the plasma gun, the rocket launcher, and the chainsaw. Each are iconic, can provide different types of attacks, and have stylized variations throughout the series.

I'd love to see Doom 64's double-ended chainsaw used, personally.

Attached: chainsaw.png (386x426, 299K)

I guess that could work

Attached: file.png (789x435, 44K)

DR is a videogame though.

SamSho's gore isn't as gratuitous as MK's
Quick bisections and colors turning black and white during certain moments (like how the Punisher game had its finishing blow sequences done in black and white to avoid getting a higher rating)
That kind of stuff
SamSho at its bloodiest with actual fatalities was made before CERO showed up IIRC

If anyone was going to be a rep it would be goddess Junko

Attached: tumblr_oo7rba72Jk1ugye8so7_250.png (250x250, 112K)

That's funny, it's labelled as a Visual Novel every site I go on. Guess you're wrong.

Smash reveals never happen outside of Nintendo events.

Even if we do get any FGC guy, it's not going to be at EVO.

Would the final smash be an execution like the crushing one or something like climax return where the character gets beaten up the by the Conan culprit

Also the latest SamSho game should be seen as how much they could push the envelope in Japan
Its still tame as fuck compared to MK's fatal blows and fatalities

They should add another Final Fantasy character mostly because they didn't even add any final fantasy spirits for cloud or even trophies in the last game

You just go to shitty sites, I bet they use VN as a "genre".

Sakurai considers them games

No. Fuck Final Faggotry. We already got enough weeb shit with the dozens of Fire Emblem samefaces.

Meanwhile Sakurai wasted a slot for fucking Dragon Quest. He's not really bright.

That’d work, especially with the new weapon attachments being geared for more versatility.
Aren’t they introducing the 64 chainsaw again in Eternal or am I misremembering?

When will you people learn? It happened to Final Fantasy. It happened to Persona. It just happened to Dragon Quest.
ProtagonistChads always win.

Attached: Danganronpa_V3_Shuichi_Saihara_Closing_Argument_Sprite_-_Chapter_2.png (1024x936, 490K)

Maybe not a full blown character but they should at least add some spirits

I'm going to go with
>Capcom rep
>Bamco rep
Just to be safe. I genuinely think anything could happen now that Banjo is in, though, and a Bethesda character doesn't seem all that unlikely.

>He still doesn't know how important DQ is to JRPGs
>He still doesn't know how huge DQ is in Japan

Bartz could rep old school FF and the job system

Attached: file.png (317x479, 98K)

Let's go further into the future and try to guess who could be in the next Smash game. How many newcomers do you think will happen and who do you think will get cut if any? This isn't a wish list of what I want but possible things that could happen.

Fact 1. Fire Emblem and Pokemon will always get a new character.
Fact 2. Octolings are all but guaranteed as a new echo fighter.

Not guaranteed things that could happen are.

-More fan favorite assist trophy / Mii costume upgrades. Some are more likely to get upgraded over others. Like it or not this does happen.
-More third party characters that could be in the base game or future DLC.
-Maybe another random WTF/Retro character

Rex depends on if a new Xenoblade game releases or not before the new system and Smash.
I'm not sure about Arms even if it sold enough.

Also if your character isn't on this picture don't be a fag and just name them to give me a good reason to add them. That or I forgot to add them to begin with.

Attached: nextsmash.jpg (4664x4896, 1.85M)

Might as well go Namco, KT, Konami, Capcom or surprise Nintendo pick if it's one franchise per company.
I'm shocked at how FF7 doesn't even have any spirits outside of cloud. Not like they're gonna update but with remake art for stickers anyway.

>Aren’t they introducing the 64 chainsaw again in Eternal or am I misremembering?
One of Eternal's bosses references it.

Attached: hunter.png (669x522, 518K)

Being an important JRPG is like being a turd but painted gold. Someone post that WEBM from XBC2.

XBC2 isn't important

Something to think about:
Fangamer clearly have connection with the smash team thanks to new official Banjo Kazooie march arriving in their store on the same day they're announced for smash. They knew.
What other franchises are they known for selling merch for? (outside of other nintendo franchises like Mother and Earthbound)
That's right, one of your roster choices is between Undertale or Hollow Knight

Attached: Skeletons for smash.png (739x414, 241K)

MK has been banned since the CERO board was established and the games flopped over there when they weren't

>indieshit

Attached: ki.png (520x558, 678K)

Attached: 51f4V+u2GTL._SY679_.jpg (439x679, 27K)

Perhaps Nintendo still salty about when square jumped in the bed with Sony all those years ago so final fantasy gives them bad memories

they also sell a scarf of the first indie to be in smash in any form

Attached: product_BitTrip_scarf_main_1024x1024.png (900x600, 132K)

>I'm shocked at how FF7 doesn't even have any spirits outside of cloud. Not like they're gonna update but with remake art for stickers anyway.
have you ever tried to license a final fantasy character, unless your name is gucci it ain't happening.

Obligatory

Attached: 4_5.jpg (1578x264, 157K)

Doomguy and Reimu??

>first 3 appearances on NES
>long Nintendo legacy
>KT and Team Ninja have good relations with Nintendo and no rep other than the Fatal Frame assist trophy
>Ryu is one of the most recognizable ninjas in video games and still relevant due to his appearances in DOA
>gets the blue retro outfit and his new black latex one from the remake

He’s one of the most deserving characters left. Doom guy and other clearly western characters don’t fit into the game. Banjo and K rool are they only exception because they were Nintendo characters.

Attached: 262452B3-847E-4D28-AFD8-814025DC49CC.jpg (599x442, 35K)

Frogger would trigger so many autists while being a tight as fuck character yes please

thats some mental gymnastics there partner, if any indie game should be represented in smash, it should be the one with the most history with nintendo that debuted its first two games on nintendo platforms and has seen a release of every subsequent title on nintendo platforms, one who is getting a new game later this year and thus is still relevant, one who has enough abilities for a legitimate moveset, not some normie ass skeletons

Attached: D2io5uLX0AA-zF9.jpg (1200x675, 102K)

>not even in ultimate as a spirit

Attached: 300px-Nobody_Cares.jpg (300x255, 14K)

i would've said indieshit is impossible, but considering that necrodancer and zelda are crossing over it's become a little more believable

>now that the information is available here is my fake leak
Wow what are the chances

>it's another "haha play my little riddle game and figure it out yourselves!" leaker

Attached: 1_iW16rVp-YfahMJfn-ZK_pA.png (1009x721, 250K)

Koei Tecmo:

Either Lu Bu, Yukimura Sanada, Kasumi, Ayane or Ryu Hayabusa.

It seems that you are missing a very important villian in your list. Mind checking it again.
He is quite the iconic nintendie villian

Attached: download.jpg (637x358, 73K)

>Believe me
>Why?
>Because I say so

>Reimu
>Significant following in the West
>Doomguy
>Significant following in Japan

Such a boring character

two games that floppped and two that sold only moderately okay isn't exactly history user

>keeps selling Pokemon for a long time
I pray that these new installments burst their ego and either forces them to fix the series or sell it. Game Freak are disgusting

Betting on them being Nakoruru/Morrigan and Doomguy.

Attached: deep voice.png (460x344, 179K)

but user, wouldn't the fact that he doesn't have a spirit be in his favor? dude was able to get a trophy without a ballot to sway nintendo's decision, so the devs definitely had some pull.

Doomguy fits because of his status abd influence. Nintendo of Anerica fucking paid Id to make a Doom exclusive for the N64.
Complain about blood and gore all you like but I’m going to root for him regardless.

Would Sakurai see him as unique enough?

The Masked Man?

Attached: 1544481092023.jpg (548x640, 71K)

Classic Doom has a decently sized modding community for a 25 year old game. Touhou has a legion of Western weebs.

I can not think of one female character that has a good balance of love in both east and west. Lara Croft? Chel? Tracer? Samus again?

And that's still not as big as people who still remember Banjo in Nipland and the fans of DQ in the West

Playstation
You guys might laugh now but they are missing gaming most iconic character.

Parappa revolutionize the rhythm game genre. Without him it is not complete.

Attached: tumblr_ovwz7ogzV11s65rfzo1_500.png.jpg (500x375, 49K)

>Classic Doom has a decently sized modding community for a 25 year old game
Forgot to say in Japan.
That's right though. Fuck, I still hope it's Doomguy.

Attached: m190cnbifrc11.png (500x437, 66K)

doom is an absolute classic but doomguy is such an unbelievably bland choice for smash bros i really dont know why people want him so much.

How naive, you think Sony would play nice with Nintendo and hand over a character for Smash Bros?
Never gonna happen

he grew a pretty cool personality in doom 2016

>Sylux
Could be cool
>Edelgard
Who?

Attached: 1560206949912.png (395x451, 353K)

Attached: D4Y6Gf4UIAAS1wN.png (1200x617, 1.14M)

You know the rules.
He has good moveset potential, and he's an icon on par with Cloud and Snake. He's responsible for a whole genre and for a long time FPS games were just called Doom clones.

Based

Because Doom is a classic with good music, iconic weapons, enemies abd also great and fastpaced gameplay. He’s just something that you’d believe wouldn’t get in, but god if it wouldn’t be neat.

>Who?
Fire Emblem axe wielding waifu

this both frightens and intrigues me.

You know the deal. Bullshit, then shit starts really leaking, even more bullshit, then bam. You can't deny that DQ/Banjo wound up being predicted towards the very end.

People said the same thing when Microsoft brought Rare from nintendo. Time heals wounds

Banjo and DQ were on every leak for the last 5 months. Word got out and spread around which is why doom guy might actually be solid, it might have already started with him but you still cant trust any individual information.

Namco Bandai:
>Solaire of Astora
Announced with Dark Souls Trilogy for switch unveiled later this year

Bethesda:
>Doomguy

what were the datamined names again? Brave, something something

Admittedly a Smash game isn't a Smash game without a wtf pick out of left field. Piranha kind of fills that niche but why not do it again?

Attached: 42eba5c3-8b4d-4af6-bdf0-1bda2483aaef_1.748e75e02466a69b28898ba4f76c91e4.jpg (450x450, 36K)

Attached: 1_kPAgF2pocVNO95mI0f2OuQ.png (713x540, 493K)

Name another recognizable ninja that has his own games? He has lots of recognizable moves and weapons. he can shoot fireballs and electricity, has shurikens, a scythe, a sword, can teleport, has handstand attacks, izuna drop etc.

It's this

literally just Brave

Last two characters are Monster Hunter and a new character from a new game releasing between now and next Spring

>only one of these characters are confirmed female
This is how you know its fake. Think about it. What does this sentence mean? What's with the ambiguity here? The DLC was decided when the game got released. Remember that tweet?
How can character not be confirmed female? If its reimu and doomguy (for example) then its fucking reimu and doomguy there's no fucking ambiguity.

Next Smash will definitely have a character from the Fire Emblem mobile game. It's unironically the most played game in the series. The sooner you guys accept that, the better.

Attached: 20181114_231743.png (927x1320, 697K)

Joe Musashi

I just hope The Hero isn't just a repeat of the laziness that was Cloud.

Jill. Dude is bullshitting anyway.

neptune since she was shafted in playstation all stars

Attached: 3qt1F18.png (932x964, 946K)

Attached: BUBSY.jpg (1280x720, 762K)

>shantae number 5 in combined poll between JP/US/EU, number 3 in US/EU, and number 6 in JP
>banjo already confirmed, isaac already deconfirmed
>waddle dee and paper mario unlikely choices to begin with
>still no indie rep
think its safe to say, if these next slots are based on popularity, shantae has a good chance

Attached: stdxc741aog11.png (1300x1150, 1021K)

huh, why didnt I think of that

Microsoft is the only third party without multiple reps so...

Steve or Chief

Attached: 0EBF6EE0-A4D7-43E6-B55E-FE954506B000.jpg (1822x706, 246K)

Why are you this fucking delusional, you're not fooling anyone Shantae

Attached: 1450219564684s.jpg (220x250, 12K)

but spirit

Chun-Li
Dixie Kong
Tifa (FF7 remake shilling)
Jill Valentine (no idea how a RE character would not be boring as fuck though, Ada is the only one who could work but she's not relevant enough)

Spirited.

Attached: De8X_DzUEAIEkzq.jpg (1200x675, 72K)

means nothing

>Microsoft is the only third party without multiple reps
Bamco only has Pac-Man

Attached: 1535802130388.png (323x314, 99K)

bamco can fuck off unless they plan to give us klonoa

she didn't even place in Japan, that chart would've said if she did you fucking retard

Oh right.
So the last 2 DLCs are Namco and Microsoft then.

Attached: sa3-676152b63356540ab5d01eedf84dc0f3.jpg (716x1075, 220K)

>All DLC so far has not had a spirit
>Even Pirahna Plant which for all purposes should have a spirit

Attached: __valkyrie_valkyrie_no_densetsu_drawn_by_enami_katsumi__sample-d9d8f37dc338ca12db3841545cf78d68.jpg (850x964, 205K)

Give them plaga/virus powers for no fucking reason?

is there a chance it won't be a Marth? I know nothing about Fire Emblem but fuck Chrom for being the most generic shit from this series I've ever seen in Smash

why would you blatantly lie to us user, Shantae was nowhere on Japan's radar at any point during the ballot. her support is literally all western

Seek it in your heart.

Attached: IMG_20190612_055720.jpg (902x507, 82K)

>i still dont understand why people think doomguy is anything other than a poor fit for smash bros
FTFY

Nepu.

CUTE CUTE!

Attached: valkyrie.jpg (408x356, 31K)

I'd genuinely be into this.

Ok then make it Surtr

Axe Mommy

Attached: D5VswYpWsAAfJF3.jpg (1199x1200, 133K)

Crash is possible if Sakurai thinks he'd stand out enough moveset wise
Spyro is a lolnope
While Banjo had fans in Japan, Spyro flunked due to changes made for Japan's release (fucked up camera and speed)

2B?

they actually have the chance of adding a not-marth FE character from 3 Houses because non of the main characters use a normal sword, but if they add one of them there will be a shitstorm like no other.

Capcom, Bathesda, Bamco, CD Projekt or indieshit.

labo man when

2B and Doomguy

Last 2 DLC fighters are Namco and Capcom. So Basically Leon from RE or Dante, and someone from Tekken or Lloyd. Or kos-mos if you wanna be a faggot

feel free to make fake leaks

>Q62: What is your fetish?
>Sakurai: I guess the chest.
SHE'S IN BOYS

Attached: Asuka_BA.png (464x615, 171K)

Let's be autistic for a second

Capcom
>1. Mega Man
>2. Ryu
>3. Ken

Konami
>1. Solid Snake
>2. Simon Belmont
>3. Richter Belmont

Sega
>1. Sonic
>2. Bayonetta
>3. Joker

Square Enix
>1. Cloud Strife
>2. Hero

Namco
1. Pac Man
2. ???

Microsoft
1. Banjo Kazooie
2. ???

In conclusion, the answer is most likely Chosen Undead and Steve/Chief, with a slight chance of Sora

Jill and doomguy, although this shit is fake as fuck

wait, doesn't that just strengthen the odds of Spirits not mattering? Spirits were well decided before Nintendo chose the pool of characters for Sakurai to pick from

Since we have so many classic video game icons how about this

>"Peach, Daisy, Rosalina, Lucina, Zelda..."
>"So many princesses to conquer..."
>"and all of them will belong to ME GAHAHAHAHA"
>Rance and Sill go in raw!

Attached: 6hrw2x.jpg (600x809, 169K)

The most popular OC character is Veronica, who is a mage.

Attached: Veronica.(Fire.Emblem).full.2069212.jpg (450x500, 201K)

Prolly not gonna be 2 microsofts. They'll just do another capcom. Also Bayo isn't sega anymore

godzilla

Way ahead of you.

Attached: 1541460853006.png (954x605, 831K)

>they waited to include a spirit of a DLC character until after they were released as DLC
>THIS MEANS SPIRITS HAVE A BETTER SHOT!!!!!!!!
delusion right here, or just lack of reading comprehension

>2B with choco2B alt costume
hngggg

Capcom
>monster hunter
Id software
>DOOM guy/slayer

...Fuck that's good actually.

>Prolly not gonna be 2 microsofts.
Why? They just added 2 Capcom and 2 Konami characters in one game.

>They'll just do another capcom
So Capcom has 4 reps? Why? WHat makes Capcom deserve more than everyone else?

>Also Bayo isn't sega anymore
Wrong. Sega still owns Bayonetta, Nintendo just funds and has publishing rights.

>None of the main characters use a normal sword

Attached: 1200px-FETH_Byleth_m_f.png (1200x1196, 1.01M)

they only added one capcom character to Ult. and it was an echo

Leon and Jin Kazama, Lloyd and kos-mos are irrelevant and Dante is Bayonetta again

It's a whip

>WHat makes Capcom deserve more than everyone else?
Name a company with a stronger collection of iconic IPs that isn't nintendo.

There are a bunch of companies that shouldn't deserve free advertising
>WHat makes Capcom deserve more than everyone else?
They deserve more spots because clearly they don't give a fuck about the console, just like it for dumping lazy ports

get the waifu shitters out of here, they tank every franchise they touch

>No Spirits for Undertale despite Nintendo and Japan taking a real liking to the series
>Other less popular Indies are already in the game.
>More Delta Rune is likely to arrive by this winter.
If people think Yea Forums is uninhabitable now, you ain't seen nothing yet.

Attached: 56281cb023b56c2b3a4442a0_564ab9416f71f304a882c982_320.jpg (320x309, 35K)

Shit

Attached: 20190426_044912.jpg (112x97, 13K)

counting banjo as a microsoft rep is the most retarded thing i've seen on this board. he's in because he was on the n64, when rare made games just for nintendo. it has nothing to do with microsoft.

undertale won't happen because a fighter completely goes against the entire point of the "game where you don't have to kill anyone"

When?

Attached: 881ddf7e4080484097b5d0437490ae99.png (530x529, 274K)

They are probably going to put a female in there so maybe Lara Croft

If Sony were to get a rep for some reason, Jak and Daxter or Ratchet and Clank would be the best choices. I'd lean torwards Jak just because I feel his design is a lot better.

Attached: 1537427140465.png (1154x1062, 871K)

Jill Valentine from RE

someone with games.

>being admitted into a non-canon universe defeats the purpose of Undertale
Wii Fit is about getting in shape and toning your muscles and yet here we are.

Attached: FR.jpg (224x224, 6K)

>implying it wouldn't be the character that pioneered dual analog sticks

Attached: Ape_Escape_Spike_Render.png (1899x2882, 2.4M)

>female character
I'm feeling it guys, I think reimu is in. It makes sense.

>Wii Fit is about getting in shape and toning your muscles
which is what fighters do user...

>What is Animal Crossing

>more weeb trash

Didn't you get your boots filled with the dragonball fuckers

Since Dante's chances are practically nonexistent, I'm rooting for Professor Layton.

Attached: devil-may-cry-dante-couch.jpg.optimal.jpg (1080x600, 148K)

Except for the fact that they own him?

at least animal crossing had SOMETHING to pull from(Villager doing chores, Isabelle trying to have fun), Undertale doesn't have that, especially since the bulk of the game is spent without even seeing your character

but smash isn't a game about killing people, it's about characters having fun sparring matches with each other.

What do they have that's as strong as Ryu and Megaman? Monster Hunter guy? Not really on the same level as other companies can provide imo

Fine, but they added 2 Konami characters

what do the nips think about banjo?

okay, but let's also keep in mind sakurai's autistic idea that the main character needs to be in and how Frisk literally doesn't have a personality(even in canon they're a blank slate)

Dante, the whole of resident evil

Crash (Sony kinda) and Quote (Indie)

On a side note, what's going on with Microsoft giving nintendo all of their exclusives? First Cuphead, the Lucky's Tail, now Banjo? Something is going on.

Attached: JAPQoute.png (310x496, 166K)

they own him, but how is banjo REPRESENTING microsoft as a company in any way? he will always be associated with Nintendo and that's why he's in the game.

Banjo is literally owned by Microsoft.

By your logic, Captain Marvel is still a DC character.

>Dante
>Resident Evil Character
>Phoenix Wright

Little Tom

Whoever played it likes him. He's like how Goemon is to us.

I would cream my pants. Based Goebro.

Monster Hunter
Dante
Resident Evil
Phoenix Wright
Okami

name "Jill" was datamined a while back. People thought it was shit for Joker but it could point to Jill from RE

バンジョーは、オッケーです。でも、ゲクスのほうが、すきです

Ehh, Dante isn't famous enough to get mainstream. I suppose Leon might be, but still not at the same level of Master Chief or Doomslayer.
Not good enough to let Capcom have a monopoly on guest characters in Smash anyway.

Leon would probably be a better pick in my honest and humble opinion

Jane was datamined, not Jill

The same can be said for Ness and Lucas and that didn't stop them whatsoever

Attached: Shadow Isabelle.jpg (832x646, 70K)

you are just a horny loser, we will get monster hunter guy/girl and doomguy
fuck indies and fuck trannies

Attached: 1560065340393.gif (498x280, 1.88M)

Phoenix Wright or Chun-Li have better chances of getting in than Dante (no ties to Nintendo) or RE characters (they only use guns and the series didn't even start on a nintendo console)

Sneed

Might be a safe bet : 2 trailers for Rare?
2 trailers for Metroid doesn't seem far-fetched. (Or 2 trailers for Konami/Capcom)

I agree. Could just be pointing to RE in general

Idk about the codenames anymore. Brave=Yuusha=Hero was so fuckin obvious that it legit could just be someone called Jill

Dante is way more iconic than Doomguy. Yes, doomguy is a good pick but the main character from Doom is not that iconic in his design, personality and presence

Phoenix Wright could honestly be more iconic than both Leon or Dante though depending

Microsoft is one of the biggest publishers on the Switch, and has shared IP rights with Nintendo before (e.g. DK64), why shouldn't they deserve a rep?

since friendship is such a big part of undertale, frisk's moveset could centre around getting help from their friends.
>Toriel fireball neutral B
>Undyne spear charge side B
>Papyrus bones down B
>Duck flight up B
>Asriel Chaos Buster FS
then just add sans and mettaton as ATs.
then just add sans as an AT and

>Phoenix wright
sure, good inclusion

>Chun-Li
Spirit, and more street fighter shilling
1/2

let's be real here, anything Frisk could do, Ness, Lucas, and now the DQ hero(his whole menuing moveset basically is what nintendo could've done to represent the ACT feature in Undertale and now it's too late) already do better.

Sure, Doomguy himself isn’t particularly standout, but he perfectly captures his game in one character. That’s why he’d be good, he just reps Doom and FPS.

except that doesn't represent Undertale either since that's not anything Frisk actually does.

>Professor Layton
Just make him a Mii Sword fighter.

Attached: 1434069555342.jpg (473x355, 53K)

>Issac
I wish people would fuck off with endless sword wielding jrpg characters already

Kazuya Mishima from tekken

>Original protagonist

>Currently the main villain kinda

>Tekken is among the best selling fighting games

>Heihachi VA fucking died so they wouldn't include him

>Namco rep

>Can turn into a fucking devil

I love Resident Evil, that guy's so cool.

Seriously though, I'm talking individual characters.

Monster Hunter is popular but the character is not iconic.
Dante is relatively popular, but not to the iconic level that other companes can provide (e.g. Master Chief)
Resident Evil could be repped by Leon I suppose, but Leon without zombies is just some guy with guns
Phoenix Wright is cool but niche
Okami is extra niche

Even if that were the case Frisk isn't the only option

Attached: Kris ACT.gif (252x176, 23K)

Doom as a game is incredibly iconic but I thought we were talking about famous characters.

>Leon is just a man with guns

HAVE YOU SEEN THAT MANS KICKS

This would honestly be the best surprise for me after Banjo

>Phoenix Wright could honestly be more iconic than both Leon or Dante

Attached: x1zyzN9.jpg (420x630, 137K)

the undertale's ACT system was cucked by the Hero's spell ability

Based Nip, I like Banjo better but I enjoyed Gex as a kid.

Add zombies to leon's moveset then, like frank west in umvc3

>Phoenix Wright is cool but niche
I think you would be surprised how many people would recognize him.

of course they deserve one, but banjo is not a represantative of microsoft as a company, because his origin is nintendo. But on the other hand microsoft doesn't really have to offer many iconic characters. They could put Bill Gates in it.

who from what

You know All of Ness and Lucas's specials are moves which their companions use and not them right?

I didn’t say you were wrong, but I meant it more like the fact that Doomguy basically his game as a character. He’s an excellent insert for the player, silent and all.
And I still think most people recognize this pose.

Attached: FFE9996A-F0BD-44DE-B67A-93239FEF2927.jpg (640x893, 84K)

Okay a guy with guns and also he kicks

Still not as iconic or unique as Banjo, Sonic, Simon Belmont, etc

Also a safe bet. With Terry Bogard , Jin Kazama & Kyo Kusanagi.

hi plebbit

Dante probably not, but leon yeah. He's not the definitive face of his brand.

>Another fighting game character
I sleep.

What kind of meme shit is that? So now any turn based rpg can't get in? What is Cloud, What is the earthbound characters, What is all the fire emblem character, What are fucking pokemon

Of the 3 main Mishimas, Kazuya is the least likely to be put in Smash if we're being honest. Heihachi is not gonna wow anyone because he's a fucking grandpa, so it's gonna be Jin, if any. They could also put Yoshimitsu to represent Tekken and Soul Calibur at once, but honestly, there are no fighting game characters as iconic as Ryu. I doubt Tekken or MK will ever get a rep, if even Akira is only an assist trophy.

>because his origin is nintendo.
*Ahem*
youtube.com/watch?v=mMLHHxV0vWU
He's next.

Attached: fulgore.png (500x579, 666K)

I bet it'll change due to the rebooted development.

But that's retarded.
That's like having Mario summon goombas.

was meant for

I wasn't saying that with 100% certainty
For Dante I think you could make a good argument that Wright is more iconic, especially in Japan considering the movie and how popular the anime was there.
Leon maybe not so much because of RE4.

I need fanart of these two teaming up

これはメルブランクの家でルアウみたいです。

Attached: Gex_004.jpg (1024x768, 91K)

>Got the Square character wrong
It's shit

...Does Jibanyan have a spirit?!

Idk I will find it weird if there's no tekken at all in smash barring pac-man's shitty heihachi taunt

the fact that akira gets brought back as an AT when virtua fighter is nowhere near as relevant was enough for me to think that they're holding back for tekken DLC

i don't speak enchanting table

>Microsoft is actually in Smash
This shit is still fucking wild to me, seeing Microsoft in Smash's copyrights
I don't know how everyone else got over it so fast

Attached: 1542309751058.png (1824x156, 56K)

>SNES port was one of the best sellers
>Was used to advertise all the games
It's him robobros

Attached: 1qd4q8ao1_500.gif (500x384, 143K)

>Who's left?
Nestlé

Attached: g0232fb.png (300x300, 110K)

Or Pac Man summoning ghosts, yeah?

I seriously think it would be undertale related. I don't know if Yea Forums realizes how popular that got in Japan. They have music arcade game with undertale music in it. Japs love it and a lot of westerners still do.

They would have to rename the big fucking gun to like the bio force gun or something gay like that

>because his origin is nintendo
No, his origin is Rare. A Microsoft company. All Nintendo had to do with the creation of Banjo was printing the cartridges.

>microsoft doesn't really have to offer many iconic characters

Master Chief is recognizable to ANYONE.
Steve represents the best selling indie game of all time, at 144 million copies sold and 74 million active players. You might be out of the loop, but it is bigger than Fortnite and CoD combined to the young generation. And Sakurai definitely values popularity and industry relevance.

Attached: minecraft 2016.jpg (800x533, 76K)

because they decided on DLC well after the spirits were chosen?

but hey that's just a theory

I just don't think Tekken has enough clout or history with nintendo to get a rep. Jin is kind of the poster boy of the series at this point, but he's not really an icon of the genre like Ryu or Chun-Li.

but it doesn't work in smash, a lot of things are popular that aren't in smash, Crash was notably huge in the 90s over in Japan and is actually a popular japanese rosterfag pick there and he's not in.

>What is duck hunt
>What is pacman
also Mario isn't the sole representative of his franchise. If bowser jr summoned goombas I don't think anyone would think it out of place.

>Stevies are still at it
Don't make me blow you up again.

Attached: andyesevenyou...banjokazooie.png (428x262, 113K)

>Dante is way more iconic than Doomguy
No?
Even boomers who've never played a game have more chances to recognize doomguy than dante

>Master Chief is recognizable to ANYONE.
>Steve represents the best selling indie game of all time, at 144 million copies sold and 74 million active players. You might be out of the loop, but it is bigger than Fortnite and CoD combined to the young generation. And Sakurai definitely values popularity and industry relevance.

this shit doesn't matter if the company is not japanese or the character's most well-known game is not on a nintendo console.

Jinx fromLeague of legends

Attached: image.jpg (700x220, 42K)

Ghost are a couple pixels, have actual names and personalities, and Pac Man isn't a super serious survival horror.

Leon summoning realistic zombies to help him out is fucking retarded.

Nemesis could be better

Doom= iconic
Green Space Marine= master chief

Not him but Minecraft is on Switch

Bowsette.

Attached: image.png (220x286, 83K)

I yeah I forgot about the Miike movie

chief will never be in smash, dilate

Sega deserves to get Ryo Hazuki from Shenmue driving a forklift with his side b like Wario's bike.

Steve would be a better indie rep. And is 10 years old too, Undertale has no legacy yet.

Based

Attached: 1531005243410.png (763x1047, 710K)

minecraft is one fucking everything. the franchise or character have no historic ties to nintendo in any way and don't have the japanese company bonus that made sukurai push for Joker to be included. It's not gonna happen.

>summoning real zombies to help him out
the original post said it'd be like frank west in mvc. That would mean something like leon getting grabbed by a zombie and throwing it back onto an opponent, or dodging a zombie that continues shambling forward across the stage.

>this shit doesn't matter if the company is not japanese or the character's most well-known game is not on a nintendo console.
Oh so you're making up bullshit rules. I bet before today you would also be saying how a Western character is impossible.

2 of these:
Ryu Hasyabusa
Terry Bogard, Kyo, or Haohmaru
Reimu
Chosen Undead
Doomguy
Master Chief
Skyrim Guy (please no)
2B
Tales of X rep
Nightmare
Frisk or Sans

Literal who's in the gaming world
Phoenix Wright
Monster Hunter character
Waddle Dee
Goku or any other manga, book, or anime rep
This includes Geralt
Travis Touchdown
Mortal Kombat rep
Crash, Spyro, or Rayfaggot
Fortnite guy
Hollow Knight
Shantae
Porky
Vocaloid
Isaac
Geno
Steve
Cuphead
Valkyrie
Dante
Resident Evil Character

Screenshot this so you know not to feel disappointed when the last 2 get announced. Have a nice day Yea Forums.

the wii u switch port of tekken tag 2 with a shitload of nintendo content made me think of that. I know its not much but its something

I'd say a tekken rep would kind of be like the DQ rep. its a big series after all. Tekken revolutionized 3D fighters. I'd argue them having Jin or Kazuya would be similar to the whole Hero thing. Not that they're both one character, but that they're not as big of an icon as say, cloud or pacman

Are you aware of Minecraft's popularity in Japan?
Did you know that Japan had their Minecraft Youtube boom about only last year?

Yeah, Terry,Kyo, Jibanyan, Hayabusa seem like safe bets to me.

Attached: 1557861312518.jpg (300x300, 22K)

>the franchise or character have no historic ties to nintendo in any way
And Cloud does? And Snake does? And Joker does?
Fuck off. Appearing in some shitty spinoff doesn't suddenly make a character deeply tied to Nintendo history.

Funny thing, when they revealed the creator stages, the stage next to the chimera from Mother 3 is a dragon very similar to the logo of Dragon Quest.
Is the same stream where they showed a green witch similar to Gruntilda, the witch from Banjo Kazooie.

Attached: 0f7a4d63dda92ff06c437c08468e7498.png (1112x573, 1010K)

If you want to add video game characters that actually have cultural relevance then the next character that Nintendo should add is Madotsuki

>466033754
>Geralt
>Crash
>Dante
>Literal whos
And it's a bait

Attached: 47686076_10215537791936783_4416664932339154944_n.jpg (945x492, 36K)

Attached: b8.jpg (680x794, 227K)

Two pixelated, cartoony games. Also ducks aren't enemies.

>If bowser jr summoned goombas I don't think anyone would think it out of place.
Yes because he is a leader of bad guys, and goombas are bad guys.
Why the fuck is Leon suddenly controlling his zombie friends?

>Jibanyan
We don't need another furfag cat

Attached: terry.png (256x296, 5K)

Attached: 1549392000216.jpg (950x1222, 265K)

see

>hurr durr K. Rool and Banjo are Western

we all know they only got in because they're from franchises from or closely tied to Nintendo. I have no bias against Western characters, but from an art direction point of view, it would be really jarring to put characters like Rayman, the guy from Doom or even a Minecraft character in Smash. It's just a different aesthetic than the current roster.

Capcom & Namco, Ubisoft for another western but nobody else in the US deserves a spot

Attached: 1558445763362.jpg (600x800, 97K)

>Tekken revolutionized 3D fighters

whew chile. Even Akira gets shitcanned to be an assist trophy - you know they guy from the actual first 3d fighter - Jin can be happy to be more than a sticker.

See, I could see this.

Yes and that's retarded. You're summoning a zombie out of thin air with the purpose of attacking your character so he can then reverse that onto an opponent. Every time you press that button. Maybe it works for a semi-comedic game like Dead Rising, but not for Resident Evil.

>snake

cope. their personality'less faggots that have zero chance and its almost comedic writing material that writes itself that this is how people like you respond when someone mentions how babby's first character has zero chance of getting in. remember to screencap crashfag. him, faggalt, and fagte have less then 0 chance. Sweetie was probably born too late to understand all of this. Zoom Zoom!

I have literally been surfing video game boards every day for 20 years, and I don't know who the fuck that is.

SO iconic.

SHE'S IN

>implying his moveset wouldn't involve summoning ashley

Attached: no way.jpg (600x600, 51K)

Wow, you are literally now trying to say Banjo is Japanese.

I'm done, thank you.

Something starting with R so we can get ASMR jokes.

>Maybe it works for a semi-comedic game, but not for Resident Evil
yeah I'm sure they would keep RE's super serious, gritty tone if they added it to smash

Based Hunterbro

Attached: fc2a2f5e862bd8238614134c58e0027fe5140c31.png (756x816, 968K)

There's only one RE rep that would work in smash

Attached: saturayshaann.jpg (325x270, 21K)

>le funny in hiding in a cardboard box man

he's jap through and through

>Tekken revolutionized 3D fighters.
Fuck off. They only knew how to rip off Sega.

Attached: 234234234.gif (352x240, 834K)

>it doesn’t fit
Who cares.
Mature characters and Samus are already in the game. DG would just be a combo of that.
Also Doom has several ports since SNES, an exclusive to N64 that Nintendo of America paid Id to make, and two modern ports. One coming day-one, which is pretty much unheard of. Combined with its influence on the industry, developers and gaming communities he’s more than deserving.

Are you shifting the goal posts? You said aesthetics. Snake aesthetically clashes with Mario. Are you going to try and argue tone now? Because (I hate raymanfags but) Rayman would totally fit with the smash tone

If they didn't, I wouldn't want to see it in Smash. Who would want to see a happy-go-lucky Leon with a shit-eating grin spouting catchphrases? It seems like there would be more fitting series to represent.

the only reason I don't think RE should be in smash is because there's only one song they could really add and it's not really a fighting song

fighting game characters iconic enough to be in smash:
1.Chun-Li
2.Scorpion
3.Akira (already an AT)
4.Ryu Haybusa (technically from Ninja Gaiden which is what would get him in, but also DOA rep)
5. Jin Kazama

other series don't have posterboys and girls like that anymore.

I see your point with Doomguy and Steeve, but Rayman would look more than fine in Smash, it's a cartoony platformer rep and we already got tons of them.

Attached: D8zEN5iXoAAEiQI.png (900x797, 84K)

>Who would want to see a happy-go-lucky Leon with a shit-eating grin spouting catchphrases?
have you seen the Resident Evil community?

They can make a serious franchise a bit more light hearted without completely destroying the character. See Snake.

>other series don't have posterboys and girls like that anymore.
GET SERIOUS
youtube.com/watch?v=FgMIlAYrXGE

Attached: hubbahubba.jpg (480x360, 22K)

Honestly the fact that Steve looks so weird is why I think Sakurai might pick him.

Sol Badguy maybe?

its obviously going to be a fighting character and a rep from another company, many say that activision will have a rep... who??? fukken captain price from call of shit?, if sakurai wants to rape a company's ass and let one of their shitty IP's be in smash and its activision, its stupidly obvious that they are going to give one of blizzard's side.. for example Diablo which i think is the one that fits best, maybe thrall or jaina from warcraft, tracer from OW (i hope not), Kerrigan from SC or even the vikings

mfw is actually orphea from hots

Attached: 1539326998218.jpg (413x395, 42K)

LONDON

Scorpion is only iconic in the west, the most notable thing MK has ever done had no impact on the rest of the world(each country established ratings boards at different times, some YEARS after the ESRB was made) and wasn't JUST because of Mortal Kombat

>many say that activision will have a rep.
Who are you quoting, friend?

You know what else Activision published?

Sekiro.

Yeah, I'm thinking the One-Armed Wolf is in Smash. Not to be confused with the two-armed one, who is already in.

Are you okay there? Remember to take a break outside every hour or so and drink some water

Rayman is in Brawlhalla. they'll never let him in Smash now.

Wasn’t ratings a Doom/MK combo thing?

>it's Ms. Pac-Man
me and three whole other people would be hapoy

absolutely never happening, but i can dream.

Attached: vergil dlc after this.png (1280x720, 1.28M)

it makes me sad that nintendo reps seem to be off the table completely. banjo counts more or less, but still. it seems like the dlc is just a hype machine at this point. i guess they will just add their own characters in the actual games now and use dlc for 3rd party ones.

>first 3 are in jap
>last 2 are in english
fake as shit, fuck off

Doom, MK, Night Trap were the main ones that contributed to the ESRB, but Ratings boards like CERO, Pegi and whatever system third world countries use were established at different times(CERO, for example was founded in 2002, nearly a decade after the ESRB)

i might sound crazy but I've heard the word around Nintendo that the Terraria base character will get in.

Phoenix Wright and Artorias
That's only in the universe where good choices are made though so realistically, Monster Hunter and some Tales fucker

I heard around nintendo its Terrarias base character for smash. Isn't it like a 2d roblox?

it wasn't meant to look real

I give it a 50/50 chance of being reps from the new Pokemon and Fire Emblem series
Probably the instructor from FE and one of the starters from Pokemon
I hope that it's Doomguy and Dante though

Delete this right now if you don't want a cease and desist letter or worse.
Last warning

>50/50 chance
Doesn't work like that. They are either in or not.

I'm just saying it seems likely, given what they've done in past games

>Implying Namco isn't getting a second rep despite being lead developer with Sora Ltd
>Implying Capcom isn't trying to get literally all their franchises in

It's Heihachi/Lloyd and Jill/Dante

>the character's most well-known game is not on a nintendo console.
Sakurai already said this shit doesn’t matter, but sure.

>Heihachi/Lloyd
Sorry bud, Reggie already said the DLC would be characters new to the franchise. Which neither of them are.

Heihachi would be the least hype guest character of all time. He was already in Soul Calibur as a guest and no one wanted him there either.

>I don't think you can do the same for Doomguy, nor do I think Doom fans would be happy with it if he was.
He just has to run fast and shoot guns, not hard

>Pac Man isn't a super serious survival horror
says you
>Also ducks aren't enemies
you literally shoot and kill them>the franchise or character have no historic ties to nintendo in any way
>he STILL says this

>466034272
>Dante has zero character
>Implying they give a fuck after they included game&watch, villager, little mac and more
And it's bait

It works for Snake because the MGS is very meta (e.g. Ape Escape monkeys in MGS3)
Resident Evil doesn't have that. I'm not saying it's impossible, just that there are better options.

Rayman and Crash Bandicoot

>its activision, its stupidly obvious that they are going to give one of blizzard's side.
Errr, I doubt any blizzard characters got even into the top 50 of the poll.
It would be Crash 100%.

Chosen Undead is the only decent Namco rep

Hey, guys, am i late?

Attached: Quote_Nintendo_Switch.png (360x490, 109K)

They’d probably just call it the B.F.G. And leave it at that.

>you literally shoot and kill them
Oh so al civilians in GTA are enemies?

>official poll character with a significant following worldwide
Literally can't think of one, all the ballotfags/rosterfags were asking for literally whos till now

Attached: STILL NO.jpg (259x195, 7K)

The fact that Doomguy is a Zoomer & Boomer character makes him a lock

I am one ignorant fuck who is this

Quote Nintendo Switch

Quote from Cave Story. It pretty much made indie games mainstream, and it's a really good game over all. You should play it.

Travis got deconfirmed on Grasshopper's TSB stream.

remember, grant kirkhope pretended he didn't know anything about banjo and kazooie getting in

I hate to the BEARER of bad news but I'm taking that slot.

Attached: 1556645138466m.jpg (1024x877, 109K)

>koei and tecmo

lubu and ryu hayabusa confirmed

Attached: lu bu.jpg (1000x1548, 207K)

>sans
>not based blue-haired undertale swordfighter

Attached: kris-deltarune.png (1024x1024, 344K)

Oh fuck you're right
>Susie assist trophy and 3D model
my dick

Ubisoft
youtu.be/O7A7NUAYQJs

looks pretty tight. one question who is the robo chic and can i play as her?

Marvel

I'd say Jin Kazama. He's the tekken posterboy and the protag of the best selling tekken. He's the Erdrick of tekken pretty much

Heihachi's VA is dead so idk about him

>Joker in April
>Hero in July
>Banjo in September
>??? in December
>??? in February

In Cave Story +, you can unlock a side mode that has you play as her by finding her panties.

that is better than i could have hoped for

Yeah... there is no way that monster hunter isn't in smash.