Everyone is going to hate on it when it comes out

Everyone is going to hate on it when it comes out.

Attached: Shenmue-3-3.jpg (1200x675, 119K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pwkdCOXKJPU?t=1527
shenmue3.deepsilver.com/en.html#faq
youtu.be/Jbv6YzWjeQQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I hate it already. It should have came out when it was supposed to, not now.

The market has changed. Kids these days are not human, they are automatrons programmed by the government, who steal their parents money to play Fortnite.

Shenmue wasnt a game, it was an experience, it was pure and made out of love. It takes time and investment to appreciate it.

This instagram culture of vaccuous materialism is poison for the mind, and Shenmue will be unappreciated because of it.

Okay boomer, time to take you to the old folks home

Shenmue is my GOAT game

And I hate this too.

It will forever besmirch the series

I don't hate the game; I'm just not interested in it anymore since Deep Silver tried to pull a fast one on the people who funded their game.

jesus fucking christ. they're already getting funding from kickstarter, why the fuck do they also need the fortnite money from epic gay-mes store?

I just want it to be good. Even when the original was out on Dreamcast I had friends I loaned it to getting bored with the forklift, etc. shit. It's a slow as fuck series and I doubt it'll attract the typical adhd twitch kid.

>Shenmue wasnt a game, it was an experience
So it's a fucking walking simulator? Gay as fuck

I love this and I love you, user.

DS probably knows it's going to flop commercially and critically. They'd rather throw YS under the bus and make a profit off of Epic.

I put 2.8k in the game, it's gonna get mediocre reviews, it's going to be a game I enjoy, it's a closed chapter of my life.
They tried to go for AAA and is going to get mixed results everywhere.
They had enough money (Sony, kickstarter, shibuya productions,deep silver, tencent and epic) to do a good enough jrpg, but they went full voiced (2 language) fully cinematic approach. It was not cautious with money.
I really don't see many newcomers trying the game except it's actually a diamond in the rough (could be).
They handled the PR the worst way possible.

Shenmue was a game. SEGA's answer to Final Fantasy, they went all in and failed commercially. The series was polished and had a different approach to RPG and story telling.

Now this game is a fanmade project, despite having the creative director of the previous games, the majority of the people that made Shenmue I and II are now on the Yakuza team.

If the game is poor in quality, it should have bad reviews. As simple as that, even if fans are happy.

As long as they fix Ryo's face i'm gonna like it. Fuck everyone else especially the Shrine Maiden man Shenmue always has top tier looking asian girls

youtu.be/pwkdCOXKJPU?t=1527

Attached: FUCK the shrine maiden.jpg (1280x720, 201K)

As long as I can autistically ponder gacha figures I'm good.

torrent it and remedy ur ignorance

im stoked they got the original VA back

Man nostalgiafags are really ravenous about this game huh. It's mediocre at best and annoying at the worst times. The plot makes no sense. The characters range from "so bad it's good" to "so bad it's bad" to "please let me out of this game". The gameplay is at its best when it's not there, because when it is its terrible. What even do you like about this game? It's the first emotional story you ever read as a kid? Think about it logically. Put your bias aside and just try to defend this game. It was a turd even when it released and the only fans of it are people who got shafted by their parents who bought them the wrong games.

Before anyone gets all autistic about it reminder that Shenmue 3 will be released on Steam in the future. Fucking stop crying about that shit.

shenmue3.deepsilver.com/en.html#faq

It's right under Pre Orders

6 million is nothing for game development (even though it has more than that thanks to Shibuya Productions), 1/3rd of those 6m are going to be to fulfill rewards.

Stop defending this crap and move on.

He's an awful voice actor, that managed to be even worse in the third game.
He's also full on lefty shit.
They should have gone Japanese only.

I understand people being excited for this, but it just looks so bad. The facial animations, the graphics, the running animations. looks like a bad ps2 game.

Yeah but that's only steamcels ;)

>have a friend that put around $1000 in this game
I feel bad for him, but at the same time, he's kinda stupid

People have been hating on the previous two entries for the better part of two decades. Fuck ‘em.

I mean, that's what Shenmue is. A dated game that was bad even when it was released. Its highly niche fanbase wanted a remake and how else to remake it but by staying faithful? Making it good would make it not Shenmue. The game was rigged from the start

Money from KS AND Sony AND Deep Silver AND NOW Epic/Tencent. It's a black hole for money, and no small wonder why Sega wanted nothing to do with it anymore.

Woah they actually fixed his face, I wasn't expecting that.

It's just different from most (if not all) games to date.
Like it or not is a relaxing urban game, that takes a lot of care on making the world alive, the NPCs actually feel independent from character itself, it's not the JRPG throw line about ingame lore, nor the WRPG fetch quest dispensers. They actually interact like normal people, some know stuff, sometimes you ask them how their day is going, each have their favorite place to drink and eat, there are little stories that organically evolve, it feels more real than any skyrim or RDR today. The only game I think has that ammount of detail on small stuff is deadly premonition.
It has mechanics that work towards the main story, it has very clever game design to make a lot of concepts and make it a game system.
But it's just an overall feeling, the game was not hyper, it was a guy that wants revenge, the atmosphere of walking to your home at night, in a little japanese town were nobody is out.
I played the game when I was young, and I understand that today if another game made me wait 10 minutes IRL to continue the story I'd just throw it away, but I was young had time and everything seemed magical.

only pcfags and valvecucks hate it.

What happened?

No fucking shit, it's 18 years late. Most Shenmue fans' expectations are so fucking high it won't be good enough unless it's a masterpiece.

The combat looks worse than the first two games. I know it can't use the Virtua Fighter system anymore, but it's jarring. I can't name anything about the new gameplay footage that looks better, except buying from capsule toy machines is faster and maybe the movement controls. Although the graphics are technically better, the original games looked great for the time while 3 looks mostly terrible. I'm sure the story and characters will be on par, and the general flow of days passing as you progress through the story. But this definitely isn't the sequel fans have "dreamed of," like they keep saying. 3 won't even conclude the story; didn't Yu Suzuki say it would take one or two more games? Great idea: Flush all this money down the toilet on a game that'll get terrible reviews across the board, thus making it harder to secure funding for any theoretical fourth game. As for crowdfunding again, they've burned bridges with a lot of the hardcore fans, so who knows if it'll even meet its goal next time? Then we're left with Shenmue's story still being incomplete. Fucking brilliant. Definitely not a waste of time and money.

Much as I love Shenmue, I wasn't retarded enough to back the Kickstarter. I plan on renting 3 (PS4 version) when it comes out, and the only things I'm really looking forward to are some hopefully good cutscenes, familiar faces, and hearing Ryo's English voice again.

Attached: Shenmue II_20190515203404.png (1920x1080, 1.4M)

>ugly as fuck men
>extremely cute girls
Absolutely based

Okay but can we talk about the gameplay youtu.be/Jbv6YzWjeQQ

I think it looks good

Attached: Shenmue-3-Xbox-One-Punch.jpg (1920x1080, 402K)

>Joy
>Xiuying
>Izumi
>Eileen
>Fangmei
I swear the creators of Shenmue 2 spent too much time watching JAVs while doing their work. Ryo had a girl capable of fufilling every role

Attached: shenmue-secret-guide-joy-photo-555x312.png (555x312, 292K)