My fellow gamers let me ask you, when are you going to accept gaming death and move on?

My fellow gamers let me ask you, when are you going to accept gaming death and move on?

First I know some will say gaming is not dead.
You might say, "NO! Gaming is still alive look at X game".
Well X game is just a clone of some previous game from the 90's or early 2000's. You know it's true.

What are you looking forward to?

WoW Classic? Final Fantasy Remake?
The newest slight change in Pokeymon or Monster Hunter or Monster quest or any Japan game that they call a new version.
How about the next Elder Scrolls or Fallout game?
Doom Classic was amazing right?
Can't wait for the next FIFA!
I hear they are bringing back Tony Hawk, maybe that will revive skating games.
Whens the next Call of Duty coming out?
Did you play the latest zelda game?
How about that Crash remake?
Did you know that HE'S IN?

All the companies can do is dig up the preserved bodies of once loved classics and try to get you to buy them again, this time with better graphics, or slight changes or this new feature that completely changes the game and makes it a new experience we swear. It will be just as fun as the first time PLEASE buy it!

>But what about battle royal!
We had that in every multiplayer game in the 90's. It was called free for all. It was not popular, because you have to be retarded to pick that over team play.

>But minecraft!
Dwarf fortress adventure mode in 3d with less features.

>Undertail!
This is the worst part, you already know it's a Mother fan game, what you don't know is story wise, we had tons of games like Undertail (in terms of story quality and immersion) up to the early 2000's.(pic related) That all dried up in favor of FPS and WoW like grinding open world games.Then minecraft happened and everybody said fuck story completely, how can we add a crafting system and base building to this?

I'm out of space.

My point is, you know all this.
Why do you keep gaming?
Can you just not move on?
Am I wrong?
Are you addicted?
Do you just have nothing else?

Attached: 1438997891948.jpg (998x800, 111K)

Other urls found in this thread:

frontlinejp.net/2019/06/11/japanese-games-at-e3-a-roundup/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>I'm 24 and so le old and so le jaded!
A Smash thread died for this.

All art is inherently derivative.
That doesn't automatically make it not worthwhile.

What else is there?

Attached: Black_guy_question_marks.jpg (800x610, 67K)

>excited for Astral Chain, Daemon X Machina and Death Stranding
Uh, what 90s games are these cloning?

Thanks for letting me know Grim Fandango's a steaming pile of shit that I should never ever touch.

Trying to improve/no innovation is not 'dead'. Besides, there is still VR gaming and the new knuckles. Theres more possibilities for innovation than you think, its just traditional ways (pc/consoles) are all about and done for creativity gameplay-wise, they can still improve on other aspects of gaming like graphics,fun,art,story and maybe even find a way to combine all of these together.

Everything in human life is just repeating itself. Also, you post a image of Grim Fandango, a game that was also just copying tropes and gimmicks from other point and click games of the time.

>Undertail
>battle royal
Maybe learn basic spelling before trying to seem intelligent.

>All art is inherently derivative.
>Shit is derivative of food so you should still want to eat shit

Life user. Life outside video games.
The people who originally made these games lived interesting lives and had interesting ideas.
You had people in the 80's-90's who were just taking D&D and remaking it but in a computer, and nobody remembers those people because those games were shit.
Those same people make up most of the industry today, "I liked this as a kid, so I'm just going to copy it, with this slight change".

Go outside. Go someplace. Experience something.

Pathologic 2 was fantastic.

Every play is essentially based/inspired by someone the ancient Greeks wrote at one point. Does that mean we should never try to make new plays because it's probably going to have tropes since in other plays? No, that's silly. You can still take elements of other games and make something original.

Attached: 1549698551121.jpg (640x480, 15K)

If I get dubs then OP has to admit he's a faggot

>someone
*something
>since
*seen

I'm still working through my backlog of actual good, original games.

>death of gaming
Just cast down triple a whores and look to the east and smaller studios, and you will see how many excellent games are being produced right now. I did and never looked back. The only triple a games i have played in the last 5 years were witcher 3 and sekiro, if you can even call them that. The only ones i'm looking forward to are ender ring and cyberpunk. The rest will all be indie stuff, not the sequels, not the remakes or remasters. Indie.

I haven't played or followed any of them so I wouldent know, but just off a 2 second google search, I would say third person spectral fighters. Like devil may cry.

Haha, no problem. The less time you spend gaming the better.

>there is still VR gaming
>What do you mean you don't have an entire room inside your house dedicated to VR gaming? What are you poor?
Until they fix that, VR is going nowhere.

>its just traditional ways (pc/consoles) are all about and done for creativity gameplay-wise
That's really all i'm trying to say.

>they can still improve on other aspects of gaming like graphics,fun,art,story and maybe even find a way to combine all of these together.
Hahaha no.
Graphics yes, everything else no. People only think undertail had a good story because they have been drinking piss this entire time and undertail was their first taste of water.

>Everything in human life is just repeating itself.
Nice numbers. This is true, except for the exceptional things. Those don't repeat.

> you post a image of Grim Fandango, a game that was also just copying tropes and gimmicks from other point and click games of the time.
That's a true statement. In the same way saying water is wet is true.
If you are trying to imply ALL it did was copy tropes and gimmicks then it becomes a false statement.

You will get the joke eventually.

>literally a shit food analogy
My God.

>Does that mean we should never try to make new plays because it's probably going to have tropes since in other plays?

Playwright as a profession is dead user.
Nobody but people with to much money and nothing to do with it are interested in plays.
Talk to theater majors that don't have rich parents to act as producers.

That's my point.
Gaming is dead.
Long live gaming.

I thought the same thing when I saw the
>everything is derivative from everything else
fallacy.

I look towards smaller indie games for new experiences. In the same way almost every story follows the basic premise of The hero's journey every game will follow a similar path because there isn't many unexplored ways to make an enjoyable gameplay experience. Especially today you cant look at the billion dollar companies and say yep thats what gaming is today.

So? That wasnt his point. The point is should we stop trying to innovate at all?

>almost every story follows the basic premise of The hero's journey
I want to scream no it doesn't.
You just haven't seen anything else, and The hero's journey is just an easy copy paste template.

Imagine taking the time to write something as inane as this.

You already have user.
You just haven't realized it yet.

You think changing a Pokemon's skin color or putting a new character in smash is innovation.
It's been done countless times before video games.
We just don't keep track of it because it was not worth remembering.
The only thing I can point you to in current times is the WoW clone craze.
How about WoW but with Warhammer guys?
Or WoW but more realistic?
Or WoW but you have limited building?
Or WoW but it's in the future?
And they all died.
Then WoW started to die, and here we are today with WoW classic.

People don't want to play as a terrible and real life representation of humanity. They want to feel empowered and that they're a good person. They don't want to be challenged, so you'll never get a game about a completely reprehensible person or anything that isn't just derivative of a likeable tragic villain.

It took me maybe 2 minutes.
2000 words is nothing when you get good at writing.
You can develop real world skills just like you develop video game skills.
The best part is they stick with you after the game is over.

Imagine taking 2 minutes to write something as inane as this.

>People don't want to play as a terrible and real life representation of humanity.
They did. At one point in time. Not as many as people wanting exactly what you say, but there was a market.
Then we discovered Pavlovian Conditioning and now everyone needs to have a progression bar or an inventory that gets increasingly full, or numbers that go up and hit that happy progression feeling.

Not that user: I have a life outside vidya and I enjoy BOTH. If you are stuck doing shit you dont enjoy try other things, plain and simple. I like and fully enjoy both things and they are not mutually disconnected.

Attached: 1559687655682.gif (500x500, 67K)

user, come on. That was funny, but talk about video games with me. Tell me why it's inane.
Make a fool out of me, prove me wrong, go for it.

AAA gaming, like Astral Chain, Zelda, Assassin's Creed, Uncharted and Halo will die out from a lack of creativity, bolstered only by kids who like titties and anime and CGI cutscenes. indie games will live on for far longer, and my magnum opus of a video game will be timeless.If the whole industry just plops right now, I'd be set for life.

Attached: terraria.png (630x362, 453K)

I made this thread because I have seen so many incredibly talented people waste their gifts on retarded video game related shit.

Most of the time it does not bother me, but then I see "Total complete Skyrim to morrowind conversion mod" and I just want to grab them and scream "JUST MAKE YOUR OWN GAME IT WOULD BE AMAZING" but it's to late and they already wasted years of their life on retarded shit like that.

>when are you going to accept gaming death and move on?
If pic related turns out to be some shitty minecraft clone with better graphics.

Based terrariachad

Attached: serveimage(3).jpg (1200x675, 158K)

>In the same way almost every story follows the basic premise of The hero's journey
I'm not positive, but I think the first actual hero's journey is Star Wars. When I tried to read Hero with a Thousand Faces, it felt like a lot of cherry-picking, reductivism, and appeals to Jungian mysticism to try and force all mythology to be the same story. I stopped reading it because it was so thoroughly unconvincing.
Or maybe Star Wars was the second hero's journey, after Exodus.

Because of the vast amount of improvements that have been made upon established formulas. For example DMC5 is very similar to DMC3 but so much has been improved that I find it hard to go back to 3 or 4. New things are great, but I'm perfectly fine with something I've had before but improved. Also there are still new and exciting games being made on the indie scene. What else has been made thats like Papers Please, Pathologic, or Rain World? There are plenty of unique experiences still being made that feel brand new. You're like one of those boomer faggots who thinks that all music is shit today because the only new music you're exposed to is whatever is on the radio. You need to take the time to seek things out. Basically you're being an ignorant retard.

>implying terraria isn't one of the most derivative games ever made
It's praised because it's good, not because it's unique.

>When I tried to read Hero with a Thousand Faces, it felt like a lot of cherry-picking, reductivism, and appeals to Jungian mysticism to try and force all mythology to be the same story.

I had the same thoughts reading that.
Zeus/Jupiter killed this father, fucked his sister, and declared himself to be the best while everyone else more or less agreed and did their own thing.
The Nordic gods went around getting drunk, killing shit, and trying to delay the inevitable end of their world.
I could go on but you said it best.

was I supposed to read everything in Manny's voice? because that's what I did

The way you know people who go on about the hero's journey haven't (tried to) read Campbell is, the climax of the hero's journey is apotheosis, unification with the Divine. Apart from Exodus (Moses on Mount Synod), Star Wars (Luke accepting the Force and disabling the targeting computer), and Harry Potter (meeting Gandalf at the spiritual tube station), how many of these stories-that-are-all-the-same include a similar element?

What about factorio?

Attached: 1557566636914.jpg (2382x1684, 2.03M)

I'll take this type of trolling any day over ironic shitposting. Keep up the good work OP.

>Because of the vast amount of improvements that have been made upon established formulas.

I'm not disputing that.
That really does not have much to do with what i'm talking about.
Improvement's are not innovations. Everyone knew Doom would be better with better graphics, better controls, etc. and that keeps being true. But no one imagined Doom. Doom with better X feature is nice if you already like Doom but can only go so far.

>New things are great, but I'm perfectly fine with something I've had before but improved.
Cool. But do not become content with only improvements.

>Also there are still new and exciting games being made on the indie scene.
I also agree, but that is a sign of decline not good health. Those new and exciting games were mainstream 20 years go.

>What else has been made thats like Papers Please
Already has clones on steam, most of them have bad reviews because Papers Please is not a good game, it's just interesting to detain/deny someone the first time. Like every "current year simulator" game.

>Pathologic
That one has already been dug up and is being "remade".

> Rain World
Rim world? That's literally dwarf fortress, with less features, in a si-fi setting.

>You need to take the time to seek things out. Basically you're being an ignorant retard.
If only that were true.

Not intentional but that's hilarious.

Booooring. Yeah, I totally remember DMC5 from the 90s.

DMC1 was 2001.
It's a third person spectral fighter.
We had a lot of them, DMC was the only survivor.
Like how we had tons of third person shooters, but nobody remembers them except for Gears of War.

>*Rimworld? That's literally dwarf fortress, with less features, in a sci-fi setting.
Uh...

Attached: H2x1_NSwitchDS_RainWorld_image1600w.jpg (1600x800, 228K)

I stopped following the industry past the 7th generation. It absolutely boggles my mind how anyone [spolier]except astroturfers and shills[/spoiler] can justify any current generation console. Its the remake and remaster generation. There's barely any new content, and what there is bare-bones compared to the past.

Anyone who bought a PS4 or Xbox one should feel bamboozled.

hytale was doomed the second the jews from hypixel laid their hands on it
>THEY STILL HAVEN'T ANNOUNCED HOW THEY'RE GOING TO MONETIZE IT

I don't think you understood my point.

You really have to be a mindless corporate slave to actually think there's remotely any creativity or innovation in the current landscape of gaming.

Okay, so what did you guys think games of the future would be like, anyway?

Attached: 1560262154544.png (600x688, 138K)

>Rainworld
Tell me whats special about it?
A quick google and it looks like every other side scrolling story game. Bleak dark world, cute light main character, probably just trying to survive, maybe trying to save a cute innocent sister/mother character.

Still more creative then most other games, but nothing really stands out to me about it.
That whole style of game was never my thing so I can't really point to 1 old game like it but I know iv seen that game before.

You're looking at everything completely wrong. Why do you think

Could you restate it then?

>Look how amazing these games are with 512mb of ram are!
>I can't even imagine all the content they will be able to fit into 4 gigs!
>We will be able to enter every building, every NPC will have it's own story, it will be like living in a whole different world, you probably won't be able to experience all the content of a single game in a lifetime!

And then we get what we have now.

Attached: walk25630.gif (256x256, 20K)

>We will be able to enter every building, every NPC will have it's own story, it will be like living in a whole different world, you probably won't be able to experience all the content of a single game in a lifetime!
This was always an unrealistic expectation as the technology progressing required bigger budgets needing to recoup. Your naivety blinds you.

>hurr durr every car after the Model T is just a shitty derivative combustion engines have been done before.
You are not as deep as you think you are.

Attached: 46183928_2289225454694112_3488961913482641408_n.jpg (657x539, 24K)

>This was always an unrealistic expectation as the technology progressing required bigger budgets needing to recoup.

Does that actually make sense to you?
I have this game, that runs on half a gig.
The programmers used every trick in the book to fit as much as they could into it because of that hardware limit.

Now we have nearly endless resources and fort lift simulator 2019 requires 4 GB minimum, 8 GB suggested.

For a modern example Microsoft Flight Simulator X from 2006 only requires 2GB and has far more content.

I am with OP on this.
A game getting me psyched is increasingly rare because I can see the mechanics behind them and not much has changed over time.

Take Borderlands 3, I loved Borderlands 2, it was fun in co-op, but I lost my hype for Borderlands 3 when I realized it was going to be Borderlands 2.5 (and on the Epic store too lol)

Take Cyberpunk 2077, again, high potential, could have an entire city with total freedom to do anything, hell could be an MMO... but... from the snippets of actual gameplay we've seen I can already tell this is likely to be Deus Ex 2077, not bad, far from it (the Deus Ex games are great) but not amazing either. You know your city will be restricted to a few areas and alot of it will be scripted...

What had me hooked on WoW for so long was the illusion of a massive world with many details (desu it was to some extent) until I realized how the game engine worked and the illusion fell apart.

No friend, you are just taking a retarded interpretation of what I am saying, and then actually believing that is what I meant.

We have reached the end of irony. The troll is being serious and the commentators are pretending to be retarded.

Lets run with your car example.
The Model T is over 100 years old, and yet we still more or less drive the same four wheeled vehicle.
We have improved on it greatly, look we added all these things, but it's still a 4 wheeled transport driven by humans.
Travel as a whole though, has improved.
We created gas stations, that sell food and snacks, and other things to improve the travel experience.
Those are a relatively new thing.
We have the bus system and mass transit. Another new thing.
Now we have ride sharing, and soon we will have driver less cars.

That is innovation.

I drive a car from the 1960's and I have no problem using the road along side people with cars from the current year because they are all more or less the same in spite of all the "improvements" because the improvements don't really count for much. In fact, cars, as we know them now are dying and will eventually be dead.

Attached: the-jetsons-reboot-abc-live-action-sitcom[1].jpg_w=620&h=440&crop=1.jpg (620x440, 139K)

>Does that actually make sense to you?
Yes. If devs are gonna spend 80 million dollars on a game, it needs a simple enough narrative and simple enough gameplay so that players will buy it. They're not going to waste time with making every building accessible.

Off-topic but "cars as we know them now dying" is a concern of mine. Imagine a world where you aren't allowed to go "off the approved road". This is why I don't take mass transit.

>What had me hooked on WoW for so long was the illusion of a massive world with many details (desu it was to some extent) until I realized how the game engine worked and the illusion fell apart.

The dream is over user, you reached the end, but it was nice wasn't it?

You have to accept that this is the end, and move on, or work on building the dram for the next generation.

>Imagine a world where you aren't allowed to go "off the approved road"
Our old cars will still work. It might be a problem for the next generation but we won't live to see it and likely they will embrace the self driving future, because why would you want to risk driving a car yourself? Haven't you seen how many people died in the past doing that? It's so much easier just to take the mass transit along the approved roads.

and then you have Star Citizen...
actually promised a really detailed open world... they have a massive budget... yet here we are... I mean I bought into it, I sometimes play it, but at this stage in development they should have more to show for it than a few glitchy ships and a few select areas. This is Chris Roberts for crying outloud! I expected so much more from him.

I guess the reality is though, no matter how big your budget, you are never going to make a universe and all its intricate details fit into a game, you are going to have to select some areas and fake the rest.

>I guess the reality is though, no matter how big your budget, you are never going to make a universe and all its intricate details fit into a game, you are going to have to select some areas and fake the rest.
Precisely.

>apples are oranges

You sound boring.

It was probably tougher for people switching from horses to cars in the old days especially during the transition period

Hell yes they will embrace mass transit/automation. I mean I love driving but there are times when I wish I could just call up a Uber (unavailable here because my country is cucked by "real" taxi drivers) and go "whatever, get me to point B" and there are times I just want to drive alone, at night to clear my head. What I'm worried about here is the lack of options in the future; be in "approved hotel", "approved housing", go to "approved place" with "approved vehicle"

>If devs are gonna spend 80 million dollars on a game, it needs a simple enough narrative and simple enough gameplay so that players will buy it.

Then you understand. Yes, games will be around for a long time, but they will be made purely for emptying the wallets of the gamers.

factorio is tekkit but better

much like arcade games were designed to swallow coins.
I miss the arcade days in a way, sure it was tons of coins popped into an ungrateful machine but you had friends, if you didn't have any you'd soon find some. (inb4 Boomer, I am millennial)

online multiplayer just isn't quite the same...

Oh you are not a burger.
Then you probably have not heard of Uncle Ted.
Go read Industrial Society and Its Future. The guy was crazy, but he saw all of this coming back in the 90's.

Yes, more or less that is what the future will be like, unless you work to change it.

>Okay, so what did you guys think games of the future would be like, anyway?
loli robot daughters you can dress up and fuck

Attached: Reminisce.png (300x400, 153K)

>Then you understand.
But you don't. OP's bitching about the industry repeating itself. DMC5 was not around in the 90s. DMC5 was not around in 2001. DMC5 was not around in 2005. DMC5 was not around in 2008.
And this is just fucking sad.

But I do not want to make my own game, I want to make a 'Total complete Skyrim to morrowind conversion mod'.

During the 2008 financial crisis, one of the few industries that remained healthy was vidya.

You have never met me. You are just reading something I wrote late at night, while bored and trying to fall asleep.

I'm french however I was raised mostly in the US and I take my "car freedom" very seriously. if my health allowed it I would take more roadtrips.

Holy shit you must actually have a mental disability. The car is fundamentally the same and so is a computer. That's only in basic in reality they are nothing alike.

Retard you can make the same argument with video games. Lets run with your travel example.
The Commodore 64 is nearly 40 years old but we still more or less use the same transistors. We have improved om it greatly, look we added all these things, but it's stall a transistor powered computer used by humans. Technology as a whole, though has improved. We created the internet, that's streams video and connects people and other things to improve the computer experience. The internet is a relatively new thing. Now we have mass communication. Another new thing. Now we have quantum computers and will soon have VR.

That is innovation.

I still use my computer from the 1990's but have serious problems using internet along side people from the current year because they are more or less the same except for all the "improvements" because the improvements count for a lot.

Attached: 58378412_3223770000982313_6485731307966955520_n.jpg (605x639, 16K)

I thought the future of gaming was going to be holographic, with friends

>Do you just have nothing else?
This one.

Right. You sound boring.

Attached: Paul.gif (215x201, 507K)

Yes it is sad; people are abstracting away from each other. Look at online dating, hell social media. Can you really say you know the person ?

Now I am starting to sound old, but you get the idea

>DMC5 was not around in 2001.
It was, just in a less polished form.

Polish is not innovation.
All the polish in the world on a horse and buggy does not create a car.

You think that now, but you're future self will hate you for it.

>What are you looking forward to?

Cyberpunk
Destroy All Humans
Elden Ring
Maaaaaybe Death Stranding (I'm still too butthurt about MGSV to actually get hype)

entertainment usually remains stable during a crisis because people go for escapism (and rightly so, I mean it is only human to want to avoid pain)

im le doomer
life hard sad
gray
im too mature for this wordl

And yet you are still here.

Video games are undeniably better now than they were from the mid 2000's to early 2010's.

OP never denied improvements.
I think OP was trying to point the repetitive nature of today's gaming (and entertainment) world.

I've been in this shit for 39 years user.
Just do what you want and then die, that's it my man.

not OP, but better how? at its core the gameplay is pretty much the same... only the shiny graphics changed

I used to play games all year round, starting one after finishing another whether they were new or old. Now I will play the rare interesting release, beat it and then stop playing games until something else comes out

not OP but same as you; sadly what I want to do is out of reach, so I make do with what I have

I don't even make it through say the first 10% of most games. I just get so fucking bored. I have an endless collection of games on Steam (and pirated too) that I never bothered playing for more than 10mn.

To inform you of what you are.
Fucking loser.
>It was, just in a less polished form.
Splitting hairs. You'll never be happy.

>It was, just in a less polished form.
Just wanna reiterate on this: You will absolutely never be happy. I promise you. If you this is how your thought process goes, you best end your life now. It will be a tedious, long, and hard road for you.

Attached: The gas is Peach's fart.gif (470x420, 2.61M)

OP is right faggots

Attached: 4L_5Jdzl23b.jpg (892x896, 201K)

OP is retarded and doesn't understand the difference between improvements and innovation. The car is one of the least innovative industry's in the world but he defends it as a bastion of innovation instead of just denying my example. Computer tech is the most innovative industry ever but he argues that its stagnant. What a brainlet.

Whats next for gaming?
An OS that is the game itself?

>A Smash thread died for this.

So some good did come from this.

Friend what are you even saying?
You are arguing my argument of your argument that had nothing to do with my original argument?

Alright, lets go.
>The Commodore 64 is nearly 40 years old but we still more or less use the same transistors.
Yes more or less. Do you know how CPU's work?
It's just more, packed into a tighter space.

> Technology as a whole, though has improved. We created the internet, that's streams video and connects people and other things to improve the computer experience.
Yea, more or less. I take issue with the way you use computer experience, but I get what you mean.

That is a good example of innovation.

>I still use my computer from the 1990's but have serious problems using internet along side people from the current year because they are more or less the same except for all the "improvements" because the improvements count for a lot.

You changed what I said.
My car example, works fine, along side other cars from the same era.
That was not a philosophical argument, I was being quite literal when I said my old car from the 60's runs just as well as any modern car. It can go past the speed limit, it's complaint with emission standards, it has a better safety rating then most cars, and if you rode in it blindfolded you would not be able to tell that year the car was made in.

What is the point of any of this?

Yes if you change what I say, I sound stupid.
But you are just retarded if your argument is:

>1+1=2
>but if I take away the 1 and add a 7 then
>1+7 does not =2
>Take that retard!

polish matters in some game
urban terror plays better than literally any modern fps despite its shitty graphics and animations
monster hunter 4 was a much needed improvement for the series considering how shitty the hitboxes were in MHFU

when it's not needed it means the game won't age and stay 100% enjoyable throughout the years, like Deus Ex

>I haven't played the game but it looks like every other side scrolling game
Jesus. You are worthless.

Is this elaborate anti-doomer irony? It sounds like it, because your sentiment is a valid enough opinion but your reasoning seems fucking retarded.

I talk more about video games, than I do actually playing video games.

Fuck me.

I should fix this.

And so should you, user. Get the fuck off of Yea Forums right now and go play something.

Attached: 1560222055996.jpg (1920x1080, 285K)

Ok here is the thing, once in a blue moon a game comes out that really hooks you, in my case it was Doom (the original), then WoW, and then Borderlands 2. I played them to death; in between? I honestly couldn't recall half of the games I played because they seemed so dull, repetitive shit copy/pasta'd from other games.

Now I'm going to draw a very ironic parallel and I am going to get hate for this probably: porn, once in a blue moon you'll come across a great video that will be the best fap of your life, in between? same old ...

Same goes for movies. Same goes, hell, for people you meet, most will be acquaintances, some will be friends, and once in a blue moon you'll find The One.

Such is life. Just like most things in life, vidya is bound to be repetitive; don't waste your time on the repetitive... In between two "blue moon" events try to look for other things in other areas.

>To inform you of what you are.
That is your life then.
A person who hangs out with boring people, to inform them that they are boring.

>You will absolutely never be happy. I promise you.
No friend, i'm sorry but you are wrong.
I have known happiness for a very long time, I just have to find it in different places as I get older.
Now I am securing happiness for those who will come after me.
And part of that, is throwing out a rope to those still stuck on video games.

Desktop computers have become stagnant desu; if you want constant innovation look the way of mobile.

To defend OP up to a point, there was a time in which real innovative risks took place in gaming that were great in their own way yet lead nowhere (as opposed to the innovations which spawned genres almost by themselves). Basically I mean games like Gangsters or Airline Tycoon or the Sting or Jagged Alliance (which was rebooted a billion times and each version sucked and was more dumbed down than the previous). There are very few games these days, if any, that actually try to stray from the well established genres despite the indie market depending on such things to stand out. There's still the occasional gem like Darkest Dungeon (of course its debatable just how different it truly is, but it certainly stood out), however they seem to be quite rare. Still, my hope is that at least some of these endless reboots will hit all the right notes and remind me of a different time.

Attached: 1556371669957.jpg (768x1024, 87K)

Many developers have considered rolling their own OS to ensure maximum performance. but sadly this is just impractical

>The car is one of the least innovative industry's in the world
This is exactly what OP is saying. He's not defending it, hes destroying it.

I think you just don't understand.

Actually, FTL would be a much better example or a contemporary innovation, just realized...

It's unique because it's Minecraft, but not held back by retarded limitations like hunger and java coding.

Its 4:30AM here so I'm going to bed. In short OP is a massive faggot who is splitting hairs so hard it could power New York through nuclear fission. He is not deep and sounds pretentious and gay. He just found out everything uses the same basic framework.

Boy is he gonna lose his shit when he finds out the only difference between a coal power plant and a nuclear one is how they heat the water to make the steam. Or that everything we do and use works fundamentally the same as when it was created. If he thinks System Shock, Bioshock and Prey are legitimately the same game 3 times then he is actually a troglodyte and probably can't tell the difference between the cave he lives in and an actual house. He's a boomer and is just going through a midlife crisis and thinks he's realized something really deep.

Attached: 57261114_457756141630243_8096381285628379136_n.jpg (779x797, 55K)

I do not have time to play every game ever made.
When you have played enough games you start to notice what they have in common and you can see how similar they are.

See this rock. How do I know it's a rock?
Maybe it's not a rock.
Do you think i'm going to go check every rock that looks like a rock on the off chance it might not be a rock?
No, no im not.

Attached: rock.jpg (480x325, 22K)

boomer != midlife crisis
boomers already had their midlife crisis... they are in their 60s by now....

get your terminology right.

japan is keeping gaming alive
frontlinejp.net/2019/06/11/japanese-games-at-e3-a-roundup/

western gaming should just die though

literally E3 is showing people various rocks, some shinier than others and them cheering. I still have hopes for the shinier ones but the rest? meh its just rocks....

goodnight friend.

Enjoy you're video games when you wake up.

Don't you have to mow your lawn or do the dishes before your fat cow of a wife yells at you for loving that shitty rust bucket from the 60's more than her.

Attached: 1560310386700.jpg (641x640, 126K)

Not OP... Try again zoomer.

What a fucking meme post. You don't even deserve a (You) for the caliber of autism you just displayed.

>X game is just a clone of some previous game

Literally everything is a clone. Every movie is a clone of other movies. Every piece of music is a clone of other music. Every story is a clone of another story. Your fucking shitpost is a clone of every other cunt claiming "hurrr duur everything's a remake, there's nothing new, it's all solless!!!!!"

Every "original" piece of work ever created never has a purely original starting point, it's been stolen or borrowed or inspired by some other work.

Admitting this is the death of games is admitting this is the death of everything. It's not, so eat a dick and consider a bullet.

Attached: 1550762253727.gif (1200x400, 24K)

>resorting to samefagging

Attached: 62178694_2794399723920570_6482831479192682496_n.jpg (720x629, 34K)

To everyone who is still talking about how games are improving.

Can you tell me what Doom was an improvement on?
I can come up with many answers but none of them are a single game that previously existed that the developers were intentionally trying to improve on.

My whole point is, that:
If you are a well adjusted person, what the fuck are you doing on Yea Forums in the middle of the night? This thread is not for you.

To the rest of you, the video games we love, were made by people who brought interesting ideas and experiences together from the real world and made something with them.

The video games being made today are made by people, who played those games, and are just making small improvements to them.

The innovative, immersive, game you love is dying because of this, I would say it's already dead. The new game, Simpsons Tapped Out, Fallout 76, pay money for good feels 2040 is the future.

Give up on video games while you still can, go build real world skills.
Instead of grinding for gold in WoW go grind for IRL money, so you can actually build a real house, or go become the game dev that made the games you love. Stop tracking video games, stop caring about E3. Its fine to play games or follow a game you really like but do not let this become what you are all about.

That's all I'm trying to say really.

To add to the music example, I hope OP isn't a big fan of any Rock music because literally every rock song and I mean EVERY Rock song uses the about the same 3 or 4 power chords. with the only difference being distortion and how those chords are arranged.

>Hi my name is Yea Forums and i hate fun.
You're and actual loser
>Well X game is just a clone of some previous game from the 90's or early 2000's. You know it's true.
Implying that by such logic anything would be worth doing, jesus you are really stupid aren't you.

Attached: 1560275718592.png (405x280, 95K)

>Literally everything is a clone.
It's not though.
That's just how far gone you are.
You have never seen otherwise.

Here is a game for the PS2, where you play as a tank, in a world of living tanks, fighting a war.
It's an open world game with destructible buildings where you and your army of tanks fight an enemy army of tanks for control of the map. 100's of different weapons and equipment, you had jetpacks and propellers and all sots of things that turned the tank into a bomber/fighter while still being a tank. You had tanks that would drill underground as a fighting style.

What game is this a clone of?
Their were plenty more games like this back in the early 2000's.

Attached: 51NXK28XXJL._SR600,315_SCLZZZZZZZ_[1].jpg (600x315, 22K)

Gaming is dead. E3 was an absolute joke. Every change is for the worse and every good series is over.

Can I be a gamedev instead?

>You're and actual loser
Everyone on this board is more or less.
I'm not native.

>Implying that by such logic anything would be worth doing
What are you even trying to say here?

>What game is this a clone of?
>Their were plenty more games like this back in the early 2000's.

Attached: 1550228828845.jpg (720x711, 27K)

Yes.
But what do you mean by game dev?

Indie dev? Go crazy. Make something awesome that the kids will talk about for the next 20 years.

Studio dev? Yes sure, but remember to sell out, develop with the mindset of milking the customer for all they are worth.
Want to see what happens to this important character? Buy our DLC pack!

Anyone still following the industry deserves to be taken for a ride, be the one to get rich off it.

This is it.
I never thought i'd see it but here it is.
I'm trolling by telling the truth, and you, the users are all pretending to be retarded and take what I say in the most retreaded way.

I made this guy post for 3+ hours these long angry rants and he only quit from fatigue.

Clearly, I meant plenty of more unique games, that are not clones, like it.
You would have to be retarded to read that the way you did.

We have kojimba
We have hope

Friend the real world offers you more then anything kojimba has.

Enjoy kojimba's games if you like them but you should be building real world skills, not just video game ones.

Literally every. single. one. of those concepts is found in other games.
Destructible buildings were all the rage on the PS2.
Different weapons and equipment have been around for ages.
Transformers existed well before this game.

>What game is this a clone of?
None, which is what everyone is trying to tell you. Like every other video game and literally every other form of media it took a bunch of existing concepts you could get elsewhere and put them together making it an original and innovative product.

Attached: 50500537_614527935651423_7113952648184725504_n.jpg (480x307, 17K)

I keep gaming so long as I keep finding games I enjoy playing
I can spin a yarn about why I enjoy a given game over another but at the end of the day that's just baseless speculation build upon the priori that I have already enjoyed the game

frankly it sounds like you're one of those types who waits to be told about things through social media, friends, or marketing rather than deciding what kinda game you wanna play and digging through every game ever released for something new to you that appeals to your craving

>I made this guy post for 3+ hours these long angry rants and he only quit from fatigue.
If you mean 2 long posts one of which is just yours with words replaced then add in the 1 short post that got you butthurt and I only see posts from tiredfag meanwhile your writing a fucking essay to just about everyone. You talk about leaving video games to better yourself but you've been here arguing for over 3 hours. Real good use of your time huh

>Destructible buildings were all the rage on the PS2.
name some.

I can, but you probably cant, or you would have listed them.
They number in the few, because system requirements don't allow for it combined with the other things i listed.

>Different weapons and equipment have been around for ages.
In this I was talking about the amounts and types. It had more options then anything at the time.
It all had models, not just under the hood stat improvements.

>Transformers existed well before this game.
Not talking about transformers.

And notice you did not address the primary thrust of my argument.

Name a game, that came before it, all about living tanks, where all the people, are tanks, everything is tank themed, and you had army vs army combat.

You can't. Because such a thing does not exist. Closest is mech warrior, and that's a game about humans in mechs.

>None, which is what everyone is trying to tell you. Like every other video game and literally every other form of media it took a bunch of existing concepts you could get elsewhere and put them together making it an original and innovative product.
So tell me what existing media they took this from.
You can't.

You are using every trick in the book to dodge that.
I would do the same to make people angry when I was trolling, now we are post irony and what you are doing is just obvious.

I'm right, and you know it.
The words you choose prove it.

>meanwhile your writing a fucking essay to just about everyone.
Practice writing, and you can do this to.
It's not hard. Literally git gud faggot.

This is what i'm trying to show you. Fuck video games. They are a waste of time. You have nothing to look forward to except "improvements" on the games you like, and cash grabs coming in the future.

>You talk about leaving video games to better yourself but you've been here arguing for over 3 hours.
I like arguing with retards on the internet.
It's fun for me.

Why are we talking about me by the way?
Sounds like we are switching over to personal attacks, am I starting to get through maybe?

Also, 142 replies, 55 posters, not one person made fun of my
>My fellow gamers
opening.

Common that was suppose to be red meat.

>Now I am securing happiness for those who will come after me.
>And part of that, is throwing out a rope to those still stuck on video games.
Honestly, it sounds like you're unhappy that someone is enjoying something you don't like. You're going out of your way to be condensending acting like you know all there's to know about life when most of the people as much as they shitpost, still find enjoyment in video games. If you're so happy, why don't you fuck off back to your real life instead of wasting time here.
I work, come back home, cook, eat, see friends/family, play/watch something and repeat. Why does it matter to you if I enjoy vidya in its current and previous forms?

Battle Royale =/= Free-for-All and you'd have to be retarded to think the opposite

>Yes more or less. Do you know how CPU's work?
>It's just more, packed into a tighter space.
Do you know how computers work? This is like saying all programs are the same because they're all just 1's and 0's.

>That was not a philosophical argument, I was being quite literal when I said my old car from the 60's runs just as well as any modern car. It can go past the speed limit, it's complaint with emission standards, it has a better safety rating then most cars, and if you rode in it blindfolded you would not be able to tell that year the car was made in.
I find this pretty hard to believe. Your car from the 1960's isn't using any modern innovations to back up your claims?

>name some
Both The Mercenaries and I think Destroy all Humans 1&2 I know the 2nd game had it. I did not own the 1st game.

>In this I was talking about the amounts and types. It had more options then anything at the time.
>t all had models, not just under the hood stat improvements.
Custom Robo on the gamecube had that fag and more doesn't = new and original apparently that's just an improvement.
>Name a game, that came before it, all about living tanks, where all the people, are tanks, everything is tank themed, and you had army vs army combat.
Why? All that shit is superficial model and themes the game would function the exact same if everything was an untextured cube.
>You can't. Because such a thing does not exist. Closest is mech warrior, and that's a game about humans in mechs.
I'm not familiar with either game but you literally just admitted to a similar game existing with only a superficial graphics change. It doesn't matter if it's mechs or tanks. You are basically agreeing with me at this point.
>So tell me what existing media they took this from.
Ok
tanks from real life
equipment and customizable weapons from literally any game
transforming vehicles from transformers
and army vs army combat from, you said it yourself, mech warrior.

There you go concepts taken from many different places and put together to make a new and original product. Do you get it now?

Is this a new copypasta?

lol so you're actually autistic and not just baiting. You know you can go hiking and get laid and still come home and play video games right? Stop acting like your own psychosis is some universal shit you need to preach, go touch a vagina.

>it sounds like you're unhappy that someone is enjoying something you don't like.
What is the thing I don't like?
Video games? I like video games.

>You're going out of your way to be condensending acting like you know all there's to know about life when most of the people as much as they shitpost, still find enjoyment in video games.
People enjoying video games has nothing to do with this thread at all.

>If you're so happy, why don't you fuck off back to your real life instead of wasting time here.
I will, once this thread dies. I won't be back for a very long time.

>I work, come back home, cook, eat, see friends/family, play/watch something and repeat.
Then this thread is not for you.

>Why does it matter to you if I enjoy vidya in its current and previous forms?
It doesn't. Have a nice life friend.
I used a posting style that should have turned you away, and the time when I posted this both should have kept well adjusted people out, but I guess some still joined the thread.

Thats the better thing then

>Why are we talking about me by the way?
Sounds like we are switching over to personal attacks, am I starting to get through maybe?
No you literally just attacked someone who wasn't even here boasting how you kept them posting for 3 hours. You write like and act like a shitty troll good job you made some user write 3 posts one of which is just yours, epic troll bud.

Attached: 46137528_1171193383044641_1630210276634656768_n.jpg (570x570, 22K)

I keep gaming because while there's a lot of crap, I still always find something new to enjoy or look forward to. Lately though, it's been indie games and VR games for the most part.

My anticipated games:
>13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim
>Granblue Fantasy: Relink
>Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin
>Somerville
>Bloodroots (new demo made me even more confident)
>Songbird Symphony
>Streets of Rage 4 (the art style doesn't bother me)
>Last Labyrinth
>The Pathless
>Psychonauts 2 (Tim Schafer's a hack but it looks like a good, proper sequel so far)
>No Straight Roads
>Astral Chain
>Mutazione
>Paper Beast
>Groundhog Day: Like Father Like Son
>AI: The Somnium Files
>Genesis Noir
>whatever Josef Fares's new co-op adventure game is

If there was literally nothing to pique my interest, I'd stop gaming altogether. That and/or a streaming-only future would get me to stop. But thankfully having fairly varied taste means I can usually find games that appeal to me.

Attached: 1548382578221.jpg (750x743, 66K)

>A Smash thread died for this.
Good.
Reminder to make a new thread about a non-Smash game or topic every time you see another duplicate Smash spam thread

they need to go to /vg/

>lol so you're actually autistic and not just baiting.
I'l have you know I happen to be a master baiter.
We are just so down the rabbit hole this is what trolling looks like now.

>Stop acting like your own psychosis is some universal shit you need to preach, go touch a vagina.
No. This is more fun.

my nigga here gets it
Personally having extreme difficulty playing anything for extended periods. last game I played for more than a week was for about a month and I haven't gone back to it, or any game for that matter, for a month now.

It was FF12, which was really innovative especially for an FF game, the style and production values made it all the more comfy to play, but it needs so much polish, which'll never happen because most people just DIDN'T GET IT which I can't blame them for, it really needs an interface overhaul.

I look at games and just see more and more of the same, nothing with a new gameplay idea, nothing with selling points that haven't been done before. Granted I've seen a fair bit of innovation in indie games but they just need so much more polish to be viable for long-term playing, and then I'm not even seeing much innovation in that field anymore.

>when are you going to accept gaming death and move on?
After the terrorist attacks on Sony, Ubisoft and Google HQs fail to convince them to respect gamers' rights.
If voting with your voice fails due to censorship and voting with your wallet fails due to companies willingly choosing to get woke go broke, then you don't give up. You try a different avenue of attack; one they can't ignore.

Attached: blobdance.gif (128x128, 54K)

>epic troll bud.
Thanks pal. I give you permission to take a screenshot and post it on twitter. It's ok to share it.

Sounds like OP needs to explore more and stop falling for AAA hype.

Are you seriously not trolling? There's maybe 3 games in that link that look slightly innovative, the rest have sequel numbers and remake/remaster in their names or are just From/Platinum.
Still better than western E3 I guess

It's time for gamers to rise up.

>WOW I can't wait to post this on Reddit and get 2 upboats!
Is that what you were hoping for with this shit thread, to make it on twitter? You are pathetic.

Attached: 56281554_2400134916663619_6207247544049729536_n.jpg (720x759, 77K)

Yep, remember to upvote it when you see it on the front page.

>expecting sonyfags to go to /vg/ for a game they don't play

>I was just acting retarded to attract retards
If you enjoy video games, then why are you saying gaming is dead? If you want innovation, why don't you try it? Give me your idea for a new game that uses none of the existing ideas. If these people here found happiness in video game, why are you "casting a rope" to them to secure their happiness? Are you Jesus? Nobody needs you and your bullshit idea of help. Everybody finds their ideal happiness through themselves, not some dickhead who writes like a fairy. With the way you keep referring to everyone as friend, makes me think that you don't actually have any friends. But with that kind of attitude, that wouldn't even be surprising.

i am so le jaded and mature guys

Well since I could name examples and the influence others had on your games totally unique OC (do not steal) and you haven't responded and are instead begging me to put your public humiliation and dumpster fire of a thread on reddit, I'll take that as a victory.

Attached: 1550551011800.png (701x535, 869K)

>If you enjoy video games, then why are you saying gaming is dead?
Clickbait.
It worked didn't it?
I mean, it got you here.

>If you want innovation, why don't you try it?
What makes you think I haven't?

>Give me your idea for a new game that uses none of the existing ideas.
You are not invited. The last time this happened our servers were flooded with people, they crashed and no one could play. We are still recovering from that tide of new players.

>If these people here found happiness in video game, why are you "casting a rope" to them to secure their happiness?
You can not remain content forever from a single source. You will get tired of vidia eventually, and if you have nothing else to live for, that will be that. This is more true for older gamers then younger.

>Are you Jesus?
No i'm a real person. *tips fedora* (That was a joke. I have to write out "that was a joke" because it's current year)

> Nobody needs you and your bullshit idea of help.
You are not obliged to take it. It's just here, if you want it.

>dickhead who writes like a fairy
We use the word faggot here. Writes like a faggot.

>With the way you keep referring to everyone as friend, makes me think that you don't actually have any friends.
You have never been to Yea Forums? We are all friends here friend. From newfriends to oldfriends, everyone here is a friend. Faggot.

Nice. Remember to share the victory on Facebook. One like = one prayer.

You could at least take the time to watch a review to understand why people think its so unique. Instead you make quite possibly the most retarded analogy Ive seen on this site and that is saying quite a lot. Again, you are worthless.

I paint miniatures and play sports as other hobbies. If I have one or 2 engrossing games every year that's good enough for me.

Alright bud can't wait to see your le ebic trollolololo on facebook and reddit where you were totally only pretending to be a retarded boomer. Good luck on your shitty (but really original OC) SS13 server fag. I hope the 10 hours and 3 updoots were worth it.

Also you want a new really original game, try Kenshi. It's kind of like OG Fallout and Mount and Blade.

Attached: 62372827_462537720956589_5409612880993583104_n.jpg (469x466, 39K)

real world doesn't offer UPS guys in post-USA-america using unbaptized babies to utilize limbo as a shortcut

Dont compare minecraft with df, minecraft is actually good.

I actually am addicted and have nothing else, leave me alone