How can square be so absurdly fucking slow with development in this day and age?

How can square be so absurdly fucking slow with development in this day and age?

>FF7 remake is teased during the PS3 era
>Still not coming out for almost a year
>It's only Midgar, the rest is yet to be made

Seriously? It's a fucking business, not a charity. How have they not completely lost their shit on every single project lead and programmer in the last 15 years and told them to either get the lead out of their lazy asses or find another job?

Attached: 0e773a2589138c9b7e5c87da06eae797.jpg (1067x905, 113K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cv8cYrGG220
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it seems ff7, 15 and kh 3 took about the same amount of time to be made, ff15 and kh3 were kind of shit, i wonder what will happen to ff7

>It's a fucking business, not a charity.
Exactly. I'm not buying though. Unfortunately enough of you retards will, so this will remain a viable business practice.

Look at Witcher 3 (I'm not debating whether it's good/bad, but rather the shear amount of recorded dialogue and content), made by what is essentially a rookie developer dropping a 70+ hour game packed with content with only about 4 years of development. Here we have square, by no means a rookie developer, and they spend 10 fucking years putting out 1/3rd of the content. It's just being lazy/incompetent at this point.

>Complaining about long dev time
>When more and more games come out half-finished
Correct, it's not a charity. You should make a good product to make good money. Just have some fucking patience, it's not that hard. We also know what happened during FF7R development. SE fucked up while outsourcing.

I have no intention of buying a product that's guaranteed to end with "to be continued.". Whenever it is in the next 30 years that they finish it i may consider buying, but otherwise, no thanks.

This isn't just a long dev time. It's Duke nukem forever tier dev time. 10 fucking years for the first 10% of the game? Accepting that is just being a dumbass.

That's more an issue of announcing it too early. Was it FF7R where Nomura only learned that he's the director during the announcement? Dude had other games to direct for the most part. And we also all know that they lost at least 2 years while oursourcing, because the other studio couldn't deliver to no one's surprise. The 10% also come out of your ass.

So yeah, you're more of an idiot for thinking the game was in development 9 years ago.

They teased it 9 years ago. Whether or not code was made or a director assigned, that's still preproduction.

But even despite that, if you think modern square doesn't take twice as long to make anything as they should then you're an idiot.

>That's more an issue of announcing it too early.
This guy gets it. After XV let down the idiots that thought super early concepts and characters=part of final story one of the leaders or whatever said Square Enix was gonna stop their habit of announcing games before they know about when they're going to come out. About time too considering stuff like XIII and KHIII took forever after announcement. I was pleasantly surprised that this wasn't an empty promise when they chose not to reveal Shadow of Tomb Raider until a couple months before its release even though the last two Tomb Raiders got years of trailers.

>They teased it 9 years ago.
No they didn't.

I agree they take too long and it's stupid that we're going to have to wait another five years just for the second part of VIIR, but I'm sure the only reason they aren't releasing it as one package is because people have been waiting four years since the announcement already and don't want to wait longer before they actually get to play any of it.

>Excusing a corporation for delivering a $60 demo before waiting half a decade to be allowed to pay them more.

Wew lad.

MARK OF THE WARRIOR

Never played FF7 here, about how much of the game does Midgard make up? 1/3 or so?

hey quick question, what the fuck is that

Turtle mouth

That's the inside of a leatherback sea turtle's mouth

Attached: attachment-image-b6269d75-c7fa-4643-aeb1-b675025dc76c.jpg (906x606, 195K)

It's going to be spread out over multiple console generations, at least two, possibly three, how is that even a viable experience, having to buy multiple consoles to play one game?
Not only that but it's likely to cost between 180 to 240 dollars for all of the chapters.
I hope this game kills Square Enix.
The absurdity of the project both in time and installments should ruin them and teach other companies on how not to operate.

jesus fuck, why would a cute turtle need those spikes

At most 10%. It's less than half of the first of three disks. With the second disk easily having three times the content as the first.

I'm not excusing them. The whole thing seems retarded especially considering it can't possibly end during this console generation. I probably won't even buy it unless I can get it secondhand for $10. I'm just saying this game has not been in production for an entire decade like OP thinks it has.

Jellyfish.

This does not bode well, thanks user

Attached: 1545678231924.jpg (580x431, 33K)

how many of them are actual sharp teeth and how many of them are weird fleshy mandibles?

Most of its food is very slippery, spikes help keep them down

They eat jellies? What an awful idea. Poor turtles got shafted in evolution

wonder what would happen if you put your dick in there haha

>teased

dude it was literally a tech demo, vii remake started development a year ago

It's what happens when you overinflate an artist's ego and give him directive control.

>It's only Midgar, the rest is yet to be made
>implying they've made anything further than the tutorial bombing mission

If you think the PS3 "tech demo" wasn't a stage of preproduction then you're an idiot.

>Guys! Let's spend a million dollars establishing the art style of the remake and then pretend it was just for fun!

While I agree. I can't understand how it's happened for so long. Square is a publicly traded company. How do the shareholders just say "yeah, sure, go ahead and take literally fucking forever to make anything. No problem."

SE is simply atrocious at project management, simple as that. They also don't really need to release major titles in order to bank, just some secondary games from now and then to keep the interest on the franchise alive (just check how many spin offs came out in the last decade) and sell the merchandise, which is probably the biggest source of ff-related revenue.

Because despite the endless development time these games sell millions of copies.

Good point, I guess I should be expecting that Twilight Princess-style Zelda game on Wii U any day now.

I think they're one of the few species that eats jellyfish. It's free exp if you can get it.

I know they're atrocious at project management. And that would be understandable for a year or two. But the question is HOW IN THE FUCK have they managed to be atrocious at project management for close to 20 years in a multi million dollar company? Any other company would have been fully gutted 10 times over, yet somehow, upper management at square just seems to shrug and say, yeap, go ahead and waste our money, no biggie.

Because they make a fuckton of money regardless of how long the next main FF will take. SE actually shits games out regularly, and works a lot as publisher, and feeds on merchandise too. FF and KH main titles are a minimal part of this, and they still make good money anyway.

That's the power of the Final Fantasy name, along with Kingdom Hearts. The children who grew up with the series are now adults. The nostalgia is enough to let them overlook any fault SE has. It's not all that different from Pokemon fans' mindless acceptance for the minimal effort garbage GameFreak keeps pumping out.

Wasn't the PS3 "version" of the FF7 remake just a tech demo showing the intro, though?

Because believe it or not they weren't actually working on the game for all that time.

no wonder these fuckers die constantly trying to eat plastic bags and shit
faggots evolved practically to never be able to let go of shit they grab
how is that my problem exactly
faggot turtle shouldn't have evolved down the gibsmedat tree

Because they're cute and you're killing cute things.
Stop it.

Attached: ENOUGH.gif (500x277, 1.38M)

Except they don't. Stock value is down by almost %50 percent over the last three years and profits are down by %30 this year alone and that's a continuing trend. The idea that square makes bank isn't accurate. With the overhead they have they barely scrape by.

Yes.

youtube.com/watch?v=cv8cYrGG220

Yes SE said at the time it was only a tech demo and they had no plans to remake the game at that time.