He's next isn't he?

He's next isn't he?

Attached: 1520584253814.png (1366x1536, 1.39M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NvX2aTKzGaw
pcgamer.com/doom-composer-mick-gordon-recruits-heavy-metal-choir-for-next-soundtrack/
ssbwiki.com/List_of_SSB4_trophies_(Bayonetta_series)
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How's the Snoy Gaym system doing for you?

Don't give him (you)s. That's just what he wants.

What we do know
>Hines said Nintendo and Bethesda talked about Smash
>Sakurai said Nintendo chose the DLC with him calling the final shots if he could make them work as a fighter
>Joker got in because of Sakurai approaching Atlus according to Atlus
What we don't know
>Was Hine's conversation with Nintendo serious or small talk
>Nintendo wants Smash to go after newer audiences
>When Nintendo made the list, did they approach the companies first or did they make it first and then see if the companies were on board
Don't get too hyped up in thinking the momentum of reveals will keep up
Isabelle came after K Rool and Simon remember?
And Phil Spencer confirmed there was no CEO-CEO discussion regarding Banjo in Smash

Attached: otis-robot-chicken-4.83.jpg (210x240, 11K)

I see where you're getting at but each day it's getting scarily more and more likely.

Even after today's direct with the hero and banjo, I have a pretty good feeling doomguy will probably be the next one revealed. The last one idk but if doomguy gets in then I don't really care who that last one is.

Don't get too hyped up
Doomguy does fit in that he can sell on his own solidly (though Smash fans eat anything) but is honestly not the kind of character that'd lead to people buying the entire pass right away with one last character not being known

I’m never going to say something’s sure, but I’d still like him in, he’s a classic.

>this is the epitome of Yea Forums OC post 2016

7 and he’s in
5 and he’s deconfirmed

Attached: GOTTA RIP FAST.jpg (5000x5000, 1.06M)

I actually kinda want a "I've never seen a vagina" shirt.

RIP AND FUCKING TEAR

Witnessed.

Attached: 1559937635572.png (411x475, 188K)

screenshot for the future

Lol y’all are so delusion. Come evo Heihachi will be revealed and you’ll all be left with one last character.

>EVO reveal
I honestly legit doubt it
Banjo's out in the Fall remember?

Attached: 1549991345145.jpg (1066x1200, 405K)

Wasn't he deconfirmed?

IM READY

based

That was back in Smash 4 when he struggled with finding a way for his movement
Sakurai can change

they'd want to get the big sellers (joker for zoomer weebs, banjo for western boomers, the hero for japanese boomers) out of the way first. if you haven't already bought the pass by the time you get to the fifth character, a good fifth character is just going to convince you to buy the fifth character standalone

Tbh heihachi probably will get revealed. At evo idk because of banjo being released in fall. But it would make sense and who knows maybe he’ll be released day of after his reveal.

No, not really.

Attached: 1546462358759.png (1000x1250, 649K)

Attached: NCYSMV.png (1565x1777, 344K)

You do know they're all third-party reps right.

Heihachi is one of the Pac-Man taunts. Not happening.

>Crash
>Doomguy
>Leon/Jill
>First party character added as the last one because of what pointed out
Those are your viable picks I guess

getting hype for Keanu Reeves smash character reveal

I swear to god if the first thing I see in the next Smash reveal is a random rabbit sitting on grass and it just flees after seeing dark red clouds in the sky, I'm out. That's it. Nintendo won everything forever.

Thinking a taunt means a character is deconfirmed LOL

You are given the choice between Doom Slayer and the Master Chief. The one you choose is the final DLC, the other is never allowed to join the Smash.

Who do you pick and why?

Do we really need Doom in smash though?
I'm a boomer, love doom, daggerfall, captain comic, you name it.
I just don't understand how Doom fits in smash, doomguy is a lot more edgier in apparent ways than any other smash character.

Geno is owned by Square

REMINDER that there are no rules when it comes to Smash inclusions.

Remember to laugh at rulefags.

Bruh he's a mario character. Not third party.

Doom Slayer; Chief can be a gunner outfit. We already have a Microsoft character now.

Whatever you did, you confirmed it.

he is literally owned by a third party, not Nintendo

reimu and doomguy

Doom, of course

If you actually think doom guy is being put into smash you are mentally retarded like this guy

Attached: super-retard.jpg (400x301, 28K)

Yes, but why even add Doomguy?

The Unchained Predator. The Hellwalker. The Doom Slayer

Attached: 213048336d750badf797aba1aae5d459.jpg (564x782, 69K)

Because he's just as important to gaming history as Erdrck. And Sakurai himself knows that.

naw, HE'S next

Attached: p r a i s e.jpg (512x512, 161K)

Also Chosen Undead

But Smash isn't
>shit that is important to gaming battle royale
In that case we would have shit like Ultima avatar, Final Fantasy characters, Thrall from Warcraft or some shit, hell even CJ from GTA.
I mean "important to gaming" is too broad of a term, and there are characters in smash who are not important to gaming by any margin.

I mean that he's a gaming icon just like Mario, Erdrick, Link, DK, etc. Doom is literally what popularized the FPS genre.

here's something we know

>Sakurai has brought up John Carmack 7 different times in his Famitsu article and clearly looks up to him

yeah

im thinking hes in

Also Doom's 25th anniversary....im thinking Doomcon is when he'll be revealed

Oh god you might be right.

Makes me wonder if Microsoft and Nintendo are planning to co-release some kind of cloud game platform distribution partnership with each other.

to shill Doom Eternal

Sure, but how is Cloud not a gaming icon? Or I don't know, Lich King or something.
I would argue that both of them are far more popular than Erdrick.

More than Bayonetta? idk about that my man, I say they are at least Equal, if not Bayonetta more because of the sexualization plus the same level of brutalization.

Attached: fsg.png (1116x878, 148K)

Quakecon you mean
Also, that wouldn't make sense
Hero is out in the Summer
Banjo's out in Fall
Quakecon/Doomcon happens in July
Why announce a character for Smash in July who'd likely be out in late Fall or early Winter?
They wouldn't rush an announcement
We all know how angry people got when Joker showed up months after his reveal

>7 times
>7
List each one, I only know 1
Sakurai praising something doesn't mean its in
Stevefags learned that the hard way

Attached: Unimpressed Otis.jpg (905x807, 31K)

>When Nintendo made the list, did they approach the companies first or did they make it first, got Sakurai's approval, and then see if the companies were on board
Fixed that for clarification

>We all know how angry people got when Joker showed up months after his reveal
Correction, I meant how angry they got WAITING for Joker

This thread gives me hope. This is all i want in smash

Attached: 1552362201517.jpg (905x1024, 75K)

bring the boy to the battlefield.

Attached: D5_ymDrXkAE4LEg.jpg (680x482, 117K)

Before banjo was announced I thought the 5chan leak was real and was celebrating until i saw banjo. Don't get me wrong, its a great addition and happy for banjobros but it made me uneasy at the same time and had thoughts of doubt for Doomguy.

I still believe doombros

Attached: 1560291540416.png (400x334, 98K)

If you want vidya all-stars, he’s there to be the granddad of FPS. His game also has legendary status.

Hayabusa

The first two from pic related are the next and last one to appear
Its seems like you left someone out of your list

Attached: ee595d495ef8c33fe0661061b00c4fd8.jpg (2592x2592, 260K)

I want Doomguy more than any other character at this point but I just fucking know it's going to be the Dragonborn. I just fucking know it is.

Who?

Blessed thread

Attached: 1qyg2qcvkr331.png (640x375, 285K)

>Dragonborn
What fucking retarded logic is this, why would anyone think a "Bethesda" mascot in Smash would be anything other than Doomguy?

Doomguy because Master Chief will always be a lame, sterile knockoff. I legit do not understand the appeal at all.

Skyrim is like THE normalfag game user. Todd will always be shilling it more than anything else.

And by what logic would Nintendo ever accept it? I think you're overestimating the amount of influence Todd would have in the decision process with Nintendo.

I would want nothing more than Doomguy in Smash. He could be the lowest low tier and I'll still play him all day everyday.

>Daisuke Gōri and Unshō Ishizuka are dead
Hold me

could it be an Elder Scrolls character perhaps

>Nintendo wants Smash to go after newer audiences
belongs to What We Do Know
I fucked up

True but people side with Doomguy because of Eternal coming out (granted Banjo broke the relevancy argument hard) though unless Todd himself was involved, Bethesda may be gunning for Doomguy for promotional purposes contrary to Phil wanting Banjo in because he himself wants it

Doomguy has a good chance now
Chief is unfortunately deconfirmed since it's basically 1 IP per company, but with Banjo nostalgia winning out, Doomguy and dare I fucking say it Geralt have probably the best odds of winning the last 2 smash bowls.
I'd prefer travis touchdown but Sakurai and Suda have a banter game going and unless travis is a surprise special 6th free character I don't see it

What is wrong with Otis? He looks malnourished

I mean it's technically possible, but it's going out on a limb there. I would have to imagine if there is any character that Bethesda owns that would go into Smash, it would be Doomguy for his memorableness and his association with Nintendo products.
And again, while Todd is butt buddies with Pete, he is not the end-all be-all of what goes at Bethesda, and I don't understand why people keep conflating his importance as if he would be the deciding factor in any deal made with Nintendo. He's not in any position where he would have an impact unless, by some really long stretch, Nintendo decided to use the Dragonborn or whatever for God knows what reason.

Not joking, pls no bully, but who the fuck is this Geralt guy people keep mentioning? Only heard the name like twice before today.

Attached: 1559346401397.jpg (1019x616, 64K)

Witcher series main character.
>Geralt
I don't really see what evidence there is for this, a Switch port doesn't mean anything.

youtube.com/watch?v=NvX2aTKzGaw

Skyrim's much more popular than doom

How would that impact anything? Less popular franchises have been represented in Smash.

Because there's more japanese fans

Geralt is a book character
Add him and the Gokufags have hope
DO NOT GIVE THE GOKUFAGS HOPE

Technically, Doomguy's the mascot for id software, not Bethesda as a whole

I want to habeeb that the next two characters will be another "one is a western character, one is an eastern character". For the Western one I'd want no one more than Doomguy. The eastern one I'd like to be Dante, as he's cool and in my limited experience of his DMC would have a based moveset.

His Doom 64 suit fits Smash perfectly. His nu-doom suits look a bit edgy for smash

Attached: 94A15F20-E18E-46B5-B59A-6BE23AB0DB93.png (1920x1080, 1.8M)

>those thick as fuck arms
God I love how he's portrayed in Quake Champs.

And Doom is also popular in Japan
I really don't understand what you're getting at here, I don't see any scenario in which an Elder Scrolls character would be chosen. Microsoft went with Banjo instead of Master Chief, despite Banjo being a dead franchise and Halo still going strong. The same could be said likewise for Doom vs. Elder Scrolls, except Doom isn't a dead franchise and is still very much relevant, especially for Nintendo.
I am well aware of that, but seeing as Zenimax owns id and Bethesda is the one publishing the Doom franchise currently, it's in some sense "Bethesda." Like how Banjo is technically Rare, but Microsoft owns Rare, and thus Banjo somewhat represents "Microsoft."

Who the fuck said Cloud was not an icon, he is THE PS1 era icon alongside Solid Snake and THE Final Fantasy main character, Sakurai chose him because of that despite Square Enix trying to convince him to add someone more recent (they basically hoped him to pick Lighting)

>also popular
Its a niche following at best
I'm a Doomguy supporter but Skyrim was GOTY to numerous devs in a Famitsu magazine IIRC
A western game getting that much praise is rare

If it were roughly this design but with the color of doom 4 and 5 I'd take it, but 5 is essentially just a straight upgrade to this outfit in the first place. It's the happy medium between gritty and goofy.

Elder Scrolls is Bethesda's baby
Fallout is the abused adopted child
id Software IPs are the adopted children who don't get abused (because they don't really interact with Bethesda themselves)
And everything else is that weird foreign relative

i was pretty skeptical about doom's popularity but seeing how the internet fucking exploded over eternal the other day like no other game at E3 besides FF7 solidified doom as a real contender for me.

Except when you compare Skyrim (which is the only significant Bethesda-developed Elder Scrolls title on Switch other than the upcoming mobileshitter game) and the Doom franchise, id/Doom has done more for Nintendo than Skyrim ever has, and regardless of sale numbers on the Switch, Skyrim has essentially boiled down to a mediocre RPG that ages worse with time on consoles without any form of modding while the PC modding community is what keeps it relevant in any real sense. Not to mention how some see it as the hallmark of the decline of Western RPGs, and its design philosophy has shown in Fallout 4 and Fallout 76.
Compare that to Doom which, while synonymous with PC, has also had a long history with Nintendo from the very start, kickstarted the FPS genre in full, and has the same level of nostalgia that some of the other characters on the roster inspire.
Again, this is like comparing Banjo and Master Chief. While Master Chief is iconic in his own right, Banjo's history with Nintendo and synonymous imagery with the systems it was on, as well as the influence those games had on future games, while also being a part of nostalgia, were why Banjo was more likely a candidate over the long run.
Not to mention that while there are definitely louder communities than Doombros, I've seen very little requests for Dragonborn or some other homebrewed Bethesda mascot compared to id's Doomguy.
The entire crux of your argument lies squarely on "well Skyrim sold well" and nothing else, and even that doesn't factor that Skyrim has sold well everywhere in general, as opposed to just the Switch. There are many more reasons why it would be Doomguy than it would be the Dragonborn.

I mean I see people raising the issue that Bethesda would push an Elder Scrolls or Fallout mascot, but I don't see what that would get them, Nintendo and Sakurai could have every right to say no and just go to another Japanese company to get a rep in. The Western reps in Smash are already rare (literally), and I don't see any reason Nintendo would waste a slot with anything not Doomguy from Bethesda.

>I don't see any reason Nintendo would waste a slot with anything not Doomguy from Bethesda.
Depends if Nintendo sees Doomguy more viable for hype than Dovahkiin
Now I know what you're thinking but here me out, if every executive was smart and knew what fans wanted and had the desire to not fuck them over, Yea Forums wouldn't exist
Not everyone is a Phil Spencer

*hear me out
Fuck it I'm going to bed
It was nice having this conversation

I mean I don't even think it would be a decision left to Bethesda's whim, it would ultimately be a ZeniMax decision.

mick gordon is rumored to work on a project he wasn't allowed to give much detail about

To paraphrase Kermitposter
NOT EVERYTHING IS FUCKING SMASH
Remember Cristina Vee's tweets about her "secret project"

This is the year of the Doom, according to Bethesda. He better be fucking in.

source?

>ZeniMax execs
That's even worse

pcgamer.com/doom-composer-mick-gordon-recruits-heavy-metal-choir-for-next-soundtrack/
>In the recruitment video, above, he simply says it's for "a video game"
Why he doesn't just outright say it was for Eternal, I don't know. Pesonally I think it's just DEternal (you can hear new choir bits in the e3 trailer and gameplay), but it would be fucking awesome to have Gordon himself smashify some songs for Doomguy if he's in

Remember to hype reasonably
We might be due for an Isabelle tier announcement now that they wasted their heavy hitters to entice people to buy the full pass now

That time Mick said he needed a metal choir he was working on a ”game”
Which might just be Eternal, but I don’t think he’d have to be silent as to which game he was working on if so.

Prepping myself for this. It would even be a perfect mirror of that situation.
>leaked character reveal first thing seen
>ends with reveal of a highly requested Rare character featuring DK and has a fake-out fake-in gimmick
>next announcement is underwhelming

There are only two slots left, right? I doubt they aren't going to be huge.

So would his stage be Mars or Hell?

Probably a stage that transitions between one of the facilities and Hell.

so when is the last 2 fighters reveal so the smash threads finally die?

...Would Nintendo allow the word "Hell" in Smash?

>Doomguy reunited with his pet bunny Daisy
>Then sky turns dark/red
>Samus appears running against the enemies
>Doomguy comes to save/help her (putting Daisy in a safe place first), then he runs fucking fast
>Samus almost defeated gives her last attack
>chainsaw_noises_increasing.mp4
>massacre occurs, Samus between surprised and shocked
>“Doomguy, Razes his Hell!!”
>final scenes are Samus with her “baby” and Doomguy with his bunny, both are petting their pets

Attached: 456B24AE-E534-4A6C-B46D-56D1CEF5015A.jpg (635x795, 73K)

Classic skin or no buy.

I would be thoroughly surprised if it isn't already there.

Very suspicious.

You're autistic.

>This shady figure owns the Gates of Hell bar and runs a side business in mysterious objects and powerful weaponry made from the souls of demons. He's known for being a talented gunsmith and counts Bayonetta as a loyal customer, but it's said that if any human uses his wares, they'll suffer a terrible fate...

ssbwiki.com/List_of_SSB4_trophies_(Bayonetta_series)

You're overthinking this

im sorry man, but you live in a cardboard box. i recommend signing up for medicaid so you can get medicine that can help treat your case of delusion holy shit lol

I don't know what they'd want more, since Leon and Doomguy are both pretty big contenders and they could only do one gun guy. I feel like Leon has a better fleshed out hand-to-hand moveset, but Doomguy's futuristic look would fit into the roster better than Leon's very colorless outfits.

How much metal would we get in the OST if he got in?

How did we get to a point where the guy from Doom is the next most likely addition to smash?

All of it Ok like 7 songs max

With no disrespect to Doom, Smash is honestly running out of iconic video game characters.

They're definitely out of Nintendo ones, but shit like Monster Hunter and Dark Souls is still ripe for the picking.

Dark Souls would be alright.

Attached: image0.jpg (961x542, 89K)

Microsoft only gets one rep.

Enjoy your mii costume

Yup
I wonder who will be the final one now

Chief because we don’t have THE definitive MS rep and because Chief would please more people.

>and because Chief would please more people.
Maybe during the Brawl days but Halo doesn't have as much popularity thanks to 343 studios.

What weapons should he have in his moveset?

Chief has even more support now than even then due to MS and Nintendo's relationship.

Neutral B could a weapon wheel, would work like Monado Arts. You could go pistol, shotgun, or super shotgun. Side B could be the primary fire and Down B the alt fire.

>At Doom's Gate
>Rip and Tear
>BFG Division
>Ultimate Doom retro medley (new remix)
>Running from Evil
>Intermission from Doom

Support from who? It’s been 2 soon 3 fan fiction games. No one besides 343 support it.

I was talking about support for Smash.

How would you incorporate the chainsaw? I can see it as a smash attack.

Would work. If he had different skins, would the Eternal version use the crucible?

I hope not, as cool as the Crucible is. If he uses a melee weapon in an amimation it should always be the chainsaw.
Now I'm imagining a Ganondorf clone Doomguy with the Crucible as his doriyah stick.

So far Bethesda has more support user.

Don’t hold your breath on Microsoft support beyond colorful indie games. Looking at their E3 lineup should give you a clue.

Do you think they’d include the new weapon attachments to his moveset? Adds a few bonuses to the plasma gun so it isn’t just a non-hitscan spray.

Attached: rayman_for_super_smash_bros_ultimate_by_elemental_aura_dce6hgs-pre.jpg (979x816, 81K)

God I hope so, but the only leak he was in got BTFO.

y'all niggas delusional

Attached: hes_in.jpg (1192x670, 245K)

I think weapon attachments would be sick. If he's in, I'd really want him to have a weapon wheel like the Monado Arts, and each gun has an alt fire based on one of their attachments and modifications in nuDoom.
If I can't have that, at least give him a tether grab sideb using the Super Shotgun meathook.