Jedi Fallen Order

Is anyone actually hyped for this game? I know its being developed by Respawn but these guys have never made a third person action game before at all, its being published by EA and it looks dated both graphically and gameplay wise. Where is the excitement for this? Or in this game for that matter?

I watched the E3 reveal gameplay and nothing about it looks interesting. Is it the worst shit ever? No but it seems out of date, bland, uninspired, conventional, and so on. And onto the gameplay mechanics:

>no one gives a shit about WALL RUNNING in a fucking Star Wars game
>why is there slow mo force power shit?
>why is every regular enemy killed with one hit
>why is the combat and animations so clunky?
>why for a supposedly "open world" game did they focus on a gameplay video with a level that's entirely liner, filled with corridors and singular path progression?
>why is the saber combat so bad?
>why the dark souls style targeting?

This game legitimately looks mediocre.

Attached: JFO gameplay 6.webm (900x506, 2.91M)

No, I'm not hyped for this game

I don't know what you're bitching so much about. It looks good and like a great new Jedi game for the new generation. Titanfall 1 and 2 are great games so I don't doubt this will be cool.

>It looks good and like a great new Jedi game for the new generation.
Ayyy

Attached: Jedi Fallen Order gameplay 2.webm (900x506, 1.81M)

nope, looks like some off-brand assassin's creed knockoff

JUST REMAKE JKA FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

Just block the fire with the lightsaber

>itt zoomers don't know star wars games have always been pretty good ripoffs of other games

Attached: 1455003035532.png (898x692, 761K)

Its that mixed with really shit uncharted cinematic "gameplay" and bad one hit kill combat with a glowing bat. I don't think they even looked at TFU II's improvements over TFU I. This looks completely watered down from the TFU series for onions-eating Nu-Wars fans.

>Jedi slaughtering stormtroopers
I don't see the problem. Some of the combat animations in the demo for example with the staff wielding enemy were cool too.

Tell me what Jedi Knight, Jedi Outcast, and Jedi Academy or RoTS game were rip-offs from. There are Star Wars vidya games from 10+ years ago that have better gameplay then this steaming pile of shit.

>one hit kills
>clunky and slow as fuck animation and action
>"cinematic" kills
Okay Mr. EA.

There's something off with the movement. For the relatively small size of the environments it seems like the player character moves too slow. Also it's EA shit and I don't want to give them any cash whatsoever. And the lightsaber colour is too light. Cyan is reserved for good star wars games only. They should've stuck to dark blue/green.

>I don't see the problem
probably cause you have shill cock in your eyes

The animations are definitely problematic but the core gameplay seems really bad as well. A mini-boss was done in basically three hits.

Attached: JFO gameplay 4.webm (900x506, 2.77M)

>one hit kills
No shit. He's using a lightsaber.

>durrr this one part of the trailer where the guy played like ass means the game is bad
Okay you hipster goon.

He probably gets faster and more experienced as time goes on. The story said the reason he came back is because he wants to finish his Jedi training and it's already confirmed he goes from Padawan to Jedi. Even though, that sort of implies a lot of stuff like he found a master.

>tfw the player force pulled the guy into him twice and gets staff swiped
Kek, got me every single time. Like dude just stop doing that. Although combat is probably really difficult, so it makes sense to take a breather with force pull.

He is more like a higher tier enemy than a mini boss.

> A mini-boss was done in basically three hits.
Because he posture broke him and dealt critical damage, Sekiro operates on the same principal, most bosses in that game can be killed in 2 hits.

>No shit
Its boring from a gameplay perspective, you mongoloid.
>He's using a lightsaber.
So what?
>played like ass
How does the dev playing like shit have to do with the animations and gameplay being bad? The overt focus on cinematic "gameplay" or the fact even the action is slowed down to dilute it to more people to make more money? The blaster shots go at the speed of slow.

Attached: JFO gameplay 7.webm (900x506, 2.9M)

looks identical to god of war i.e. boring. hard pass from me.

>posture broke him
I don't play souls shit so I have no idea what this means

Their supposed to be bosses. Not like the Shadowguards in the Force Unleashed games who are elite enemies, these Inquisitor dude are supposed to be actual bosses.

if you hit someone with a lightsaber they are supposed to die
just like in the old games

For being made by the same guys who made Titanfall the movement sure looks like shit.

>you can wallrun but only on these walls we've made very obvious you can interact with
>same for climbing
>oh force jump? no fuck that hang on to this scripted ass rope

What a fucking letdown holy shit

>Its boring from a gameplay
Only if easy to kill stormtroopers are the only threats in the game. Otherwise, no, I want to slaughter some cannon fodder with my saber.

>So what?
Have you watched a Star Wars movie? Do you realize what a lightsaber is?

I don't see how it plays bad and I don't see what's wrong with having nice visuals and maybe a slower paced combat system.

it looks like a really bad forced unleashed
as in worse than force unleashed 2

>I'm retarded and have no idea what I'm talking about
Out EA cuck, you have been outted.

The bar at the top is his health, the bar at the bottom is his posture/stamina, by wailing on him repeatedly he drains the enemy's stamina, eventually opening him up to a critical attack for massive damage when the stamina is completely gone.

However (in sekiro) you risk getting parried and countered by the enemy if you keep beating down on them, but if you stop their stamina quickly regens, so you need to carefully manage your level of aggression to dispatch foes efficiently.

Yeah, Jedi Knight and academy were so boring with those one hit lightsabers kills, too. Probably the worst star wars games.
Fuck off.

But TFU II at least had good gamepaly, this has none of that.
Oh yeah cause fighting Jerec or Maw or Seriss were one hit kills in JK right?

Wow you totally don't have an agenda or anything. What a shit thread.

>first level is scripted
Color me surprised.

obviously bosses will take more hits

>agenda
>EA marketing shill accusing anyone of this
Ironic.

Right because that happens with KoTOR I, II, TFU, and so on right?

The gameplay demo bored me to tears. Looked like a slower, clunkier version of Force Unleashed.

The enemy's health bar went down the same time as his stamina did, not after it was drained though. How is that posture breaking?

Yeah no. If free movement was possible they would have showed it.

>It's about 3 hours in
Get the fuck out faggot

well yeah that's why I said worse
TFU 2 was downgraded in variation from the first game but kept the fluidity at least, just was way too short and underwhelming
one hits being good or not depends on the game
also half the grunts type enemies in TFU could be one hit, pretty sure somethings would be downed in one hit in the KoTOR games as well, haven't played them in a while

>bug dies in two hits or three hits as well
>and it was supposed to be a mini boss
lmao

I don't normally notice this shit, but damn these animation transitions are ass

>no shit he's using a lightsaber
Sith boss fights should be fun

Attached: .png (240x240, 23K)

TFU II mechanically and gameplay wise was a big improvement over its predecessor because the big change with the sequel was how bad and boring the lightsaber/melee combat in the first game was. TFU II added a ton of dynamic combos and dismemberment to the game.

Game would be alot better if there was more dismemberment at least on humanoid characters.

The lightsaber leaves marks that look like it should completely dismember this guy, same with the stormtroopers.
Looks pretty fucking bad without them actually losing limbs

But in Force Unleashed II, they added even more "grunt" type enemies who could only be one-shotted with Force powers instantly or super combo attacks. The troopers with staffs, the Jettroopers, the EVO/Hazmat style Stormtroopers, the Purge Troopers, the game had tons of regular enemies who off-set or countered different powers to make it more difficult.

So far we have seen nothing of that. The elite mook guy just resists Force pushes and still is liable to dying in a handful of hits, while the only other enemies were giant spiders on the wookiee planet and scout troopers who die in one hit if their guard is overcome and regular troopers who just instantly die if simply tapped by the player.

The game does not look fun. Stormtroopers are going to be boring when they shoot very slow and a single reflected shot kills them.

It's not obvious to these retards that there will be much harder fights than the limited showing revealed.

(You) are dumb user.

The first level of The Force Unleashed looks far more entertaining than about a 1/3rd of the way through this

No, watch the miniboss webm again, it only goes down after the posture break, you even see the healthbar do a special flashing animation indicating a critical attack.

>Stormtroopers are going to be boring when they shoot very slow and a single reflected shot kills them.
But user, Stormtroopers are basically Nazi foot-soldiers and as Wolfenstein showed us, killing Nazi filth (fucking hate Nazis, fucking god dammit I want to kill every single one those scum) is as American as Tacos!

Yeah its really painfully bad. Also why is the dude's lightsaber such a weird color? And what's up with the hilt being so big?

The color is fine, it's that it way too fucking wide. It's like they don't know how to properly make the lightsaber's light fade. It's just a solid instead of being translucent

>Also why is the dude's lightsaber such a weird color?
Apparently in new Disney lore blade colors start at yellow or whatever the neutral is and than change color based on users personality.

Being a on gigantic space station/weapons factory while tons of stormtroopers and rebels are fighting and shit is blowing up around you with the bonus of a few different environmental kills like tking a window to watch people get sucked into space or a tie fighter falling on a squad of stormies has that advantage.

I don't disagree with you on the new jedi game or whatever it's supposed to be. I hope they aren't raping the jedi knight ip with this thing secretly, fuck off EA.
I still prefer combat in TFU 1 because I remembered it having a lot more combos, I was annoyed by the having to unlock combos rather than learn them from in game but whatever...

>color is fine
Nope, its a weird shade of off-blue and also there's no white-light in the inside of the blade like standard lightsabers have.

Go replay that game then. There will be people who will appreciate this one's more cinematic, Souls-inspired formula.

>Excuses
I'm not talking about it's explosiveness, I'm talking pure fucking variety

Yes? TFU I and II's first levels both have that on this as well. What's your point? They started this game on Kashykk because their monkeying and copying TFU I which also had its start on Kashykk as well.

>I'm not talking about it's explosiveness, I'm talking pure fucking variety
But they'd still win comparison? The space station level in TFU I didn't exist solely as corridors as far as environmental design goes and level layout. You had closed off and open areas, environmental puzzles, and stuff like that with several sub-boss fights. My point was that enviromental destruction and kills was an added bonus in every stage/level of the Force Unleashed games; sending a guy flying off a ledge, or into a super charged wire or energy, or vaporzing them against a shield, or pulling down a wall on them or whatever.

but it's a system they cannot afford to lose

System?

droid attack

>The animations are definitely problematic

Even the paid shills are shitting on this game.

Attached: 1515712621118.jpg (384x384, 17K)

Are they really against this game too?

Because Kylo did it in TFA

>no character creation
toss it in the fucking trash

I have a hard time believing an adult could look at the gameplay they showed and believe this game is going to be good. It looks super mediocre. It does absolutely nothing interesting as far as I can see.

Shilling destroys the soul, they know SW is dead, it probably hurts them on a visceral level

If this succeeds though, then EA will be proven wrong about their whole 'nobody is interested in a single player story driven game anymore' shtick

Attached: sheevface.png (655x971, 660K)

I'm interested because of Stig + Respawn. There's also apparently a lot more to the game than the demo let on. It's not a strictly linear game, it's more like a Metroidvania.

I hope they show more soon and actually bring up the map.

EA dont care, they just want money

Saving wookies
So this is the power of EA writing
Very compelling, I cannot wit to do this for the hundredth time in Star Wars history. Saving wookies is iconic!

God it really does look bland as all hell.

Attached: Jedi Fallen Order gameplay.webm (900x506, 2.87M)

All the criticism of this game reminds me of Sekiro pre-release.

>Press [X] for doubt

>problematic

Attached: 1448726390955.jpg (456x456, 34K)

You know its a nice way of saying the game is shit.

i'm pretty sure he just stopped the shot and not time itself. also
>strong enough to stop a blaster mid shot
>not strong enough to beat literally anyone in a fight
lol

By that logic you should be able to beat anyone with Force Push.
Obviously Jedi can resist that shit.

They can't. Fights would just be considerably shorter if they used their abilities properly.

>game fails because it sucks
>EA takes this to mean people don't want single player games

Nah. The stormtrooper is literally basically frozen in the spot like everything around him except for the player, its baically a bullet-time mode for the player.

You're a moron

Even the traversal looks really boring. And most of the game seems to be traversal.

In combat, you lock on and strafe like a shooter. It looks really awkward. There's not much weight to the attacks. Lightsaber attacks look like Battlefront.

Absolutely

it's so fucking unoriginal, I really don't get how people could get excited about playing the same game for the billionth time but with a star wars skin this time

I can't put my finger on as to why but the lightsaber blade in this game looks like one of those shitty plastic lightsaber toys that light up with batteries that you can buy at walmart.

Attached: 4955489.jpg (602x615, 44K)

Pretty much this. The traversal combat looks weightless and has no gravitas or power to it, the animations (both movement and combat wise) look stiff, very clunky, the enemy AI seems bad, the cinematic/stylized kills and exploring is just ugh, seems like they really want Uncharted fans to go after this too. Its like if they took the worst ideas that didn't make it past the drawing board for Force Unleashed and recycled that for this game.

But the thing that bothers me the most besides how easy mode this game looks to be, is the droid sidekick that rides the player's back, just like they had with the mini-probe droid from BF EA 2 with Iden and is just there to be the cute robot mascot.

They didn't make the center of the blade white/translucent, so it looks like glowing bat/pipe instead. Also, the hilt being ungainly long relative to the character's hand and general size doesn't help things.

That's force stasis. Really powerful ones like the Jedi in KoTOR 2 can freeze people with it. In the recent garbage films, the vader wanna-be can freeze laser beams.

>why is every regular enemy killed with one hit
That's how sabers work but I think they demoed the game on the easiest setting.

>why is the combat and animations so clunky?
>why the dark souls style targeting?
They want the Dark Souls audience.

>why for a supposedly "open world" game did they focus on a gameplay video with a level that's entirely liner, filled with corridors and singular path progression?
It's probably what's currently polished enough for public consumption.

>why is the saber combat so bad?
Because it's not Jedi Knight.

>This game legitimately looks mediocre.
Yeah, but If it's open-world with lots of enemies to stab and there's dismemberment then I'll probably give it a try. I'm kinda tired of playing Jedi Knight Ladder Mods.

Attached: bottle smash.gif (438x250, 1.22M)

So far as I can the only thing this game has going for it is the same writer behind KOTOR 2, but can't guarantee the story will be as good based on that alone.

Is Avellone writing this? Because the only reason that game was even remembered was because of him.

i'm reposnding to the user that said kylo stopped time in TFA, which he didn't. he just stopped the blaster shot
force push has never killed anyone, and there are numerous instances where jedi and sith use them in fight to create an opening, which is what they're actually for. but like said, they barely ever use their powers in fights to begin with

This, it's so obvious they glossed over TFU and dismissed it as too gamey

>off-brand assassin's creed knockoff
the force unleashed was released years ago

You’re not even transparent. You glow in the fucking dark.