This looks like the worst animal crossing yet

this looks like the worst animal crossing yet

Attached: uploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F999929%2Fa6417497-a4fc-485b-86d0-88450eaebf40.png%2F950x534__filters%3Aqual (950x534, 571K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WUwtchWkzVc
youtube.com/watch?v=j3Jm5POCAj8
ign.com/articles/2019/06/12/is-isabelle-in-animal-crossing-new-horizons-yes-e3-2019
youtu.be/kbN1wh5slnA
youtu.be/q06dgZQt6_g
youtube.com/watch?v=dG_En_T9AnA
youtu.be/iY5CUm27_ws
youtube.com/watch?v=Uwimf72h5qA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Someone didn't play Happy Home Designer

I think you mean best

Attached: Switch_AnimalCrossingNH_E3_screen_09.jpg (1920x1080, 1.12M)

going to have to disagree

guarantee you that the villager dialogue will be the worst in the series

are we forgetting the ultra soulless city life

People hype up the Game Cube version but it literally was empty and slow. Nostalgia Blinds a lot with it, sure it was cozy but you could only do 1/50th or what this and other AC games offer

please i hope not youtube.com/watch?v=WUwtchWkzVc

I have my reservations about the island and setting and the crafting but as far as actual looks, it looks great.

I hope to god that they have decent villager conversations

>New Horizons
>youtube.com/watch?v=j3Jm5POCAj8
>...
NEW HORIIIIIIZONS

this

Reminder that this game bombed so hard you can literally buy this edition of the game for like 3 dollars from shops that still have stock of it left

user are you in the right thread?

sorry im from the future

Do i get a gf in the future????

city folk is soul city compared to this flat washed out plastic shit in New Horizon

Attached: 1560309004261.png (1017x1210, 322K)

C o m f y

for the love of serena just make villager dialogue good again

i wish i was baiting but new leaf looked better

BASED NEW HORIZONS POSTER

Attached: 1560026271582.gif (350x335, 1.17M)

never played an ac but always wanted to start, if I was to ever get a switch i'd get this
what makes it disappointing?

Agree

>crafting
Absolutely disgusting

it's pretty different from past installments, so feelings are mixed but generally positive. it would almost definitely be a good buy for someone less entrenched in the series like yourself.

>new game
>"This looks like the worst ______ yet."
every time

But my girl Fuchsia looks cute as hell!

Attached: 758A5997-FEA4-4DF8-A9F6-4DD8CFC53167.jpg (1920x1080, 167K)

explain in brief what issues you have with crafting as a concept

>it's pretty different from past installments
i think the real complaint is that it's the same shit it's always been

No, go fuck yourself faggot.

far from it

yup, another crybaby destroyed. :)

And let them interact with the god damn environment. Let them do more than normal. I don't care if you have to cut down the count of villagers, just MAKE THEM DO SOMETHING!make nights more exciting! SOMETHING TO DO! Fuck fishing.

i'm warming up to it

Attached: Animal Crossing_ New Horizons Gameplay - Nintendo Treehouse_ Live _ E3 2019 [720p].webm (1280x720, 1.79M)

>like what if, instead of buying an axe, you MAKE an axe!
10/10 would buy again

did they ever explain what nook miles are used for?

You become a gf in the future

onions

not at all
everyone that is complaining is upset because it isn't a combination of New Leaf and the Mk8 track

But user, don't you like wacky FOOD conversations???

kids are gonna love this

If that's a problem you're going to be pretty upset about the durability

it's charming, everyone will

There is a reason they delayed it to next year

>a combination of New Leaf and the Mk8 track
which would be way different from what we got. what we got was just the same as wild world but without a museum and town hall

Spaghetti
Mac'N'Cheese

Not him but crafting adds a significant amount of bloat that makes storing and collecting items a pain. I'm mixed on it but they confirmed that you can still buy stuff so it's not the worst it could be.

yeah it looks good

Aint nobody really complaining, especially we haven't even seen all that much.

Pavement is nice, but it's still looking like New Leaf HD. I hope there's more under the surface.

explain how new horizons is "wild world but without a museum and town hall"

That all depends on how they handle it and there's just not much to do in AC games so I don't see it as a negative yet.

Why does it look so pastel?

>just the same as wild world
possibly the worst take yet

>first ac game
Woah look at all these buildings theres even a dump.

>new jew
Lol guess i gotta build a few things but thats part of being the mayor

>new horizon
i must rebuild civilization with my smartphone and the help of my corporate overload tom nook.

IDK how I feel about this. The crafting is to make the daily grind more engaging, but for god knows what reason I enjoyed the grind. I like hunting for bugs and shit to give the Blathers and I like the town and wished they expanded it. I wanted more to do with the city and the other animals, so this is kinda a step backwards. It'll be weird without the able sisters, and other shops.

because it is
part of nintendo's current bloom aesthetic
go complain to them on twitter

BASED NEW HORIZONS POSTER

Attached: file.png (474x656, 435K)

probably because it's sunny out

Did you not see the female game designers for the game? Females are attracted to pastel colors as it is more relaxing.

Fuck you.
Tom Nook is very cute over there and I am glad there is a new game will release in less than a year.

Attached: nook and villager.png (1068x575, 835K)

>bloom aesthetic
You have no idea what bloom is apparently.

it's a kids game, user

Fuck you. Fuck all of you naysayers and people who shit on the crafting and overall theme of building your own town literally from the ground up. NH is shaping up to be one of the best and most customizable Animal Crossing games of the series. There is nothing wrong with the game and you can bet there's going to be even more to do and discover. Anyone who's crying is mad that they actually have to play the game now. And man, fuck GC AC. Fuck that loading zone chunk mess. Yeah I miss the NES games too, faggot. But that shit aged like fucking milk in a bag.

Attached: 0fb91ce5610e78ccfa0002709c9354ec.gif (477x456, 194K)

known female game director Hisashi Nogami

> it's still looking like New Leaf HD.
I think that's what they're going for, but instead of becoming the mayor of a pre-existing, well-established town due to some contrived bureaucratic bullshit, you're the leader of an island that you have to build up from scratch. I suppose it makes more sense to build a town that is truly "yours" on a plot of land you actually own, rather than to inheret one and enrich it as a derpy stranger who just moved in.

The reason all the screenshots look so br8ght is just time of day. For whatever reason they chose to only show screenshots from the afternoon in a bright sunny day. If I had to guess I'd say they haven't perfected other times of day and weather yet, since the game is still 10 months from release.

From the trailer and treehouse stream, it seems like we’re gonna be building our own town from fucking scratch. On a deserted island. Honestly was hoping for a more city oriented AC with an expanded “Main St” or whatever in NL

looks like a maximum comfy game. I never played any animal crossing so this will be my first one.

the shops and museum and whatnot are things you build

My only complaint is the rolling log world still being a thing, the minecraft stuff just refreshes the animal crossing formula

>It'll be weird without the able sisters, and other shops.
The other buildings and facilities get built as you pay off the debt and expand your house. Nook brings those other characters to the island.
ign.com/articles/2019/06/12/is-isabelle-in-animal-crossing-new-horizons-yes-e3-2019

oh my god it all makes sense now
the sunfags just moved from Cyberpunk to AC

I get it! Damn near everybody and their mother has a fucking smartphone. Why does every piece of media have to rub it in my face. Why must they oppress humble dumbphone owners like me at every possible opportunity? I demand proper representation.

>most customizable Animal Crossing game
This is the whole fucking issue. You're not supposed to be in charge of everything you new leaf zoomer. You're completely missing the point of the series.

All of the shops and the museum will still be in the game you will jus t have to buy them, probably with the nook mileage points you get from doing missions. It's to create more progression and to spread the content over a longer period of time.

>The reason all the screenshots look so br8ght is just time of day.
user e3 is inside i dont think the sun is effecting the brightness.

>have to build up
get to

Being able to dig paths and shit looks like a huge step up for my OCD.

Prepare for kino

Where the fuck are they all going to fit on this tiny-ass island?

>most customizable
The entire idea behind crafting is to make a specific progression. Every town is going to start out the exact same-y way and progress the same way every time, unlike other AC games where you have to deal with the RNG furniture you've been dealt as you carve out an aesthetic with whatever you can get your hands on.

zoom zoom

Well then that's fine. Maybe they'll let you expand the island. I noticed there was an airport at the bottom in the Treehouse.

based basement dwelling oldfag

this

This

inbred retard

Not him, but I've been playing since GC. This is a great change. It sounds to me like you just want to go back and play population growing. There's not much they can add in that respect, so it makes sense that they'd go in a different direction with this one, and thank god they are. Wanting games to stay stagnant is how you get shit like Pokemon.

Attached: D8bDYC3UcAEGouV.jpg (1411x1080, 98K)

The furniture still looks to be RNG. The crafting stuff is just tools and outdoor decor.

>You're completely missing the point of the series.
No, you apprently just want more of the same but on the Switch, what is the point of that. If all you want to do is catch fish and sell them to Nook, then just play the older games. Nothing stops you from doing that. There is almost nothing you could possibly add to AC other than customization, and now they are finally going all out.

I love fact 2 people can play on one console.

>Wanting games to stay stagnant is how you get shit like Pokemon.
this im glad there atleast trying to mix it up, the GC version is still a thing and i can just go back to that if i want.

When Pokemon tries to change, everyone throws a fit. See: Gen 5, and this stupid national dex thing

I think it looks good and I'm a boomer.
Never played the other games though.

instead of making you do unique activities you can spend the bulk of the game hoarding trash so you can craft other junk

Is this bait? I feel like it is.

I will be fine if it is just that. But I really prefer the RNG aspect of how the town turns out too. Really makes it feel like yours. The new system will have to win me over.

>that RNG won't heavily factor into which recipes you have access to
>there's literally a shop for recipes
You tried.

Not at all. Wild World was bad. I hated that with a passion. It really lacked the charm of characters writing personal letters and giving you motivation to keep going and on top of that it just did not have any soul. New Leaf gave me more hope that there is a fresh start to the franchise and this gives me even more hope that they want to at least try something new for once than the same formula.

People love gen 5 now, they've realized their mistake. Also I can't even say the national dex thing is change. It's just regression.

Addressing some confusion/misconceptions
>Did they remove all of the shops and other buildings?
No, you will just have to unlock them, probably by getting points from doing missions.
>Is the village much smaller now
No, overall it is the largest village but because it has more water the amount of land is the same as new leaf.
>Crafting is going to ruin everything
You don't even have to craft, everything you can craft can also be bought
>Why does everything look so bright and simple
All of the screenshots are taken at the same time of day with no weather effects/clouds. Most likely they are still not ready to show other times and weather patterns because they're still in development.
>Are npcs like Isabelle and blathers gone?
No, they will show up when you unlock their buildings, like the mayor's office and the museum.

>he thinks a joke is bait
god you people are such fucking retards

what was wrong with city life?

It absolutely does not look worse than City Folk.

odds of a limited edition switch bundle?

Possibly you can expand the island? Or just buy a bridge to a nearby island. They've confermed in an interview that all 8 players that you can have on a single save will live on the same island, which would get cramped fast.

They are taking the (revolutionary (and successful)) breath of the wild approach and designing the game with freedom and new beginnings as the theme. Truly cool how Nintendo is doing this with all of their franchises.

The last few Animal crossings have been basically the same on newer hardware, if you haven’t noticed. Which was kind of the point, since they nailed it with the first game. But a new direction is welcome in my book, gamers.

Obviously, crafting is not meant to replace buying stuff othern than tools and a few unique items. What exactly is the problem then?

>you get to build a town from LITERALLY NOTHING
>things you gather are no longer just to be sold or collected, they can be crafted into new things
>New animal citizens
From the short trailer, it looks like the game will retain its comfy vibes while expanding into new rewarding gameplay loop systems,if they get online features right, the game might just end up being the best in the series
there's one small detail tho....WHERE'S ISABELLE?

Attached: pablo-munoz-vasquez-wooloo1.gif (800x553, 256K)

NL was fucking awful though, but MK8's visuals would have been cool

10/10

i hope puzzle league and DIE come back and are built in, i don't wanna buy any amiibo bullshit.

Attached: 1294129188275.jpg (800x800, 48K)

I think there has to be some kind of expansion mechanic. There were other islands in the background in the trailer, and I bet there are plenty of mechanics we still haven't seen

Wasn't City Folk at least somewhat better than the GameCube version and Wild World.

Isabelle will obviously show up when you buy the mayor's office just like resetti shows up when you buy the reset center in new leaf.

I love it when an original DS game has more soul than a switch game

Attached: 3406DE66-3A3D-4964-B9B9-DBF7D8E6200A.jpg (256x192, 22K)

>Other fun fact
The buildings and special NPCs you can bring to your town depend on your playstyle, according to Nogami. For example, if you never upgrade your house and spend more time decorating the outdoors than your tend, you're not gonna get a 7-11 to come down to your island.
Tom Nook is the one who handles these kind of upgrades

>there's one small detail tho....WHERE'S ISABELLE?
I am going to bet you in a Nintendo direct near the release she will be there.

Literally the only change city folk made from new leaf was the addition of the city which added nothing of value.

the more primitive game is always going to have more soul to people like you

It has nothing (necessarily) to do with female designers. The series has always had those. But the series itself has a MASSIVE female demographic in Japan, and probably the rest of the world, so it appears to the audience

I definitely prefer new poop to eat rather than the same old steak.

Based Nook

Buy NFC cards and pirate Amiibos

I'm really trying to get used to the visuals of this one but I'm really finding it difficult.
Animal Crossing to me means saturated and high contrast colours, crude outdated graphics and 60fps. The appeal to me has always been that it feels like a child made it.
In New Horizon, everything looks so washed out and sterile. It doesn't have any charm to it, it just kind of 'exists'.

Attached: animal-12.jpg (832x456, 58K)

In an interview the team said she can potentially be invited to your town depending on a number of factors.

>food analogy

City folk was before new leaf.

That is an awesome idea. I like the concept of playstyles effecting your overall village look. I just hope it's actually true and not the typical lies we get in certain games were it only changes 3 things and that is it.

Sounds like this time, the game is going to be much more dynamic and personal. I like it, finally some new features that make sense.

Imagine being as retarded as OP.

Attached: 1558586223130.gif (500x522, 1.78M)

Except the same old steak still exists. ACGC isn't going anywhere. You can have that steak whenever you want.

New leaf was pretty washed out when it was first being showed off too, don't forget.

Well minus the other stuff we don't know if it WON'T run at 60 FPS. You can't honestly expect them to keep with the "crude graphics" now that they're on a system with something actually vaguely resembling powerful hardware.

You can tell the marketing shills are here. You can always spot them by their passive aggressive demeanor and praise of systems that previously the majority of people complained about. They are experts at pushing an opinion.

You're so fucking stupid.

did they confirm marriage? its literally the only thing it needs to be good

Fuck you, nigger. I'm probably older than you are. I'll come over there and make both you and your mother call me daddy. And what point of the series? Do what you want? Live your little virtual life in your furry town? It's the same fucking shit. Sorry your Lego set doesn't come pre-built, JR. Just put a little elbow grease into it and it'll shine in no time.

Attached: 66075-Animal_Crossing-2.jpg (640x920, 158K)

The villagers had soul
Also NES games

I think you are correct. Females have an attraction to pastel colors and it does make sense they want more female audiences to play Animal Crossing in the West. But I remember Nintendo talking about how their entire team on Animal Crossing is mostly female.

wait til you see the flat screen tvs you can put in your village home, instead of the old fashion box ones.

All games look like this nowadays, we have to get used to it until a new trend starts. It's like 2005-2007 when all games looked dark and brown, trying to be "realistic".

I had a really bad reaction to it on reveal but honestly, depending on the depth put into your actual ability to build/place new buildings and structures, this could end up one of the best in the series.

Bruh tom nook is getting FATTER

True, but the same concept applies to anything. New garbage does not beat the same old stuff for simply being new. It needs to be a genuine upgrade. Many people who are actual fans of the series typically like the standard core of the games. And believe me, Animal crossing is lightyears away from the stagnation of pokemon.

People defending crafting are the same people who are deriding "well you were just going to fish at the ocean/catch beetles at the island to grind bells so this is an improvement" are completely missing the motive behind that: it was the optimal way to grind money. This is because people will naturally find the path of least resistance, they'll optimize the fun out of anything. What this means for this new crafting bullshit is that people are going to monkey up the landscape with tons of trees to more effectively farm them. Once the game comes out, you'll see that people will optimize their island to give them the most amount of crafting materials with the least amount of effort. They try to argue since you have to hit a variety of these crafting component factories it gives you a variety of things to do, but you're just walking up to a resource machine and pressing the on button. After you do that, you have to tediously walk around and pick up each and every little piece of crafting crap. There are different tiers for different resource types, so you're going to have three different types of wood, three different kinds of rocks, etc. for each component. It's just in-between bullshit that adds nothing but tediousness to gathering furniture. People are also arguing "but you can CHOOSE what you get instead of getting RNG shops" but you're going to go through as much RNG bullshit from accumulating DIY Recipes. All this crafting shit is doing is adding a layer of bureaucratic busywork to collecting furniture.

Attached: 1542409576625.png (1000x750, 554K)

This island is not that small. There was some lazy quick maths done in a previous thread. Even if the math is off a bit, the island still seems to be in between the sizes of City Folk and gamecube.

Attached: acnh_islandsize_nooks.png (1580x1112, 1.16M)

The changes made to this game are an upgrade.

good to hear,since new leaf i just can't imagine playing animal crossing without that LITERAL bitch

Attached: DnFevf5XsAAJqie.jpg (489x591, 25K)

>People want a new game, but don't like any changes

Just play the old games they are meant to be played for years.

Attached: original.jpg (500x425, 119K)

>Animal Crossing to me means saturated and high contrast colours, crude outdated graphics and 60fps.
I would agree on the saturation and high contrast. This would be so good for HDR as a feature to the series due to it having a high color gamut and contrast ratios. I would argue more that it's the interactions and the letters your animal friends send you.

What was present in new leaf
>fishing/catching bugs
>fossils
>buying furniture
>villager interactions
>shopping
>decorating your house
>dressing up your character
What will be present in New Horizons
>fishing/catching bugs
>fossils
>buying furniture
>villager interactions
>shopping
>decorating your house
>dressing up your character
>decorating outside
>Crafting items
>building your village
>local multiplayer
>other new stuff we haven't seen yet
Wow what a massive fucking downgrade. They cut out nothing, nothing and nothing and added a bunch of shit. How will ac fans ever recover.

New Leaf would be the definitive game if they just didn't fuck that up.

The thing that worries me most, and I don't think people noticed, is that they didn't cut down a single tree...and we didn't get to see how big the actual map is.

Dumb zoomer

weird that this is applying to animalcrossing of all fucking things nowadays

Attached: 1289539158711.jpg (377x4900, 429K)

youtu.be/kbN1wh5slnA
Cat Dance.

Yeah the island isn't smaller, it just appears smaller at first glance because it doesn't have the weird giant cliffs the other games have.

Most zoomers have been playing since either GC or WW. Unless you're talking about people being born in mid 2000s.

We can guess the map size from the acres. It's similar to the other games. It just feels smaller because there's no giant cliffs separating the top and bottom.

I fucking hate the tropical island theme.

Attached: 1498687121032.png (680x704, 419K)

as someone who has never played an AC game but am interested in picking this up, AC fans sound terribly autistic and petty. Another thread there were people bitching about how the grass didn't have the repetitive triangle pattern covering the entire ground. Bitch what how do you think that looks better. Seems to be the complaint is the grass looks different and thus worse.

That and the fact that a good chunk of it is beach. You can build your house on the beach but it's currently unknown if villagers and shops can set up on them.

This, I’m excited to see all the things they haven’t even showed.
This is gonna be a perfect game to just chill with your gf and relax

You sure are angry. Go play Pocket Camp to calm down.

>Seems to be the complaint is the _____ looks different and thus worse.
Welcome to Yea Forums

It's about the writing, bro. I'll trade every little minigame and side activity in the new ones if it means we get that quality again.

it can be a temperate island.

Can you marry the fox?

It's reddit speak to pretend you can read the emotions of others based on a couple statements you happened to not agree with. I don't even know what that game is.

that's a wolf
no

youtu.be/q06dgZQt6_g
I fucking hate Bruce Faulconer music.

They dug up a tree, which was weird.
Also, I'd guess you cut them down if you keep going. Notice only the first 3 chops gave wood.
I guess they didn't want to make you plant a dedicated tree farm to constantly replant just to get wood.

I hope we can still swim

Is it just me o did Tom Nook look really fat?

shit I thought you were replying to me ( ) somehow. You're right that guy sounds like a fag.

Based and boomerpilled

>what is city folk

Jup, he got the belly

This should apply to Pokemon fans more so than the Animal Crossing fans.

Don't they know you should never build your house on the sandy land?

She is in a committed same-sex marriage in Pocket Camp. (Not a troll - the new wedding items show her marrying another female villager and it's canon, sorry.)

ocean on 3 sides of the map is not comfy, don't like the island idea

I'm so worried about the good items being locked behind extra tedious crafting to get you to buy miles with real money, fucking jews

this was supposed to be their big reveal and we were shown nothing but a bare bones demo, I'm so worried about everything, we need news on the museam, brewster, redd, and abel sisters........

will nooks tent upgrade to a proper shop?
we will ONLY have a souless crafting menu? really hope the menu is along of a proper shop......

adds another layer of chores/grinding to what's suppsoed to be a relaxing game
>did you like spending hours on end catching beetles on the island in order to buy that PWP? now you need to cut down and then replant 20 trees a day for a week in order to get the wood needed to make this shit along with bells

proof

Does anyone think that there will be New character episodes for the special npcs? Because I think they have a lot of explaining to do.

Why is
City Folk hated?
New Leaf hated?
I already know villager interactions is one of the big ones but anything else?

I will be really weirded out if there's no walls at the top of the map and you can see the horizon over the ocean.

Since when is New Leaf hated?

>AC fans sound terribly autistic and petty.
They literally are. They clamor for years to get a new game and when they finally get one, they bitch about it because "IT'S NOT LIKE THE PREVIOUS ONES WHERE YOU'RE IN A TOWN".

The idea of your own personal island sounds fucking awesome and the fact that you can place down furniture literally anywhere outside shows that they're going all out with more decoration options. I can't wait to see what creative things people do with the game.

Just give me better dialogue and more character episodes and it’ll be perfect.

I doubt episodes will return considering they had a lot to do with each character's history with the ESTABLISHED town.

City Folk is literally just Wild Wold, theres like barely any differences.

I just can't understand the people complaining at all. As someone who absolutely loved the GameCube game this looks awesome. I really love how customizable everything is. Not only can I customize my own home I can now customize the village. I can even put furniture outside. There's two things I'm immediately gonna do. First I'm gonna stick a couple lawn chairs on the beach, making it super comfy. Next I'm gonna set up a spot in the woodland put down a bonfire surrounded by 4 benches making a camp fire spot. Can you imagine how comfy it will be to watch the fireworks around a campfire? This ga air gonna be so immersive.

New Leaf if I remembered back here in the old days was disliked because people felt it was deviating from the GameCube version and was trying to change the formula too much. But honestly it was overblown. City Folk was disliked by people for it being like the Gamecube version but just having a city and that being the only expansion in the game.

city folk is disliked because it was essentially a port of WW (which was good), with a city plaza tacked on, in addition to grass wear that was way too severe

>first playthrough of city folk with no memory card
>get a bed 3 hours in
>start over with memory card
>no bed in over 80 hours of gameplay
what the fuck mang

>WHERE'S ISABELLE?
Still running the town you abandoned years ago.
I heard the crime rate was rising harshly and there was an anarchy movement trying to take over the town.
Could be that she got killed or kidnapped, but who knows?

Attached: 1543146005723.jpg (448x478, 31K)

This was one of the biggest things I'd been looking forward to E3 for and I'm disappointed. I don't understand how since my standards were incredibly low, I'd been fine buying a complete lazy rehash of ACNL.

How does Nintendo do it? They've always hated change and now they shit out this radically different-looking game that's clearly a turn for the worse. It looks like a cash-grab mobile game, the assets, models, color choices, HUD and all.

Why would they show such a shitty trailer? We've only seen the graphics, which are shit, and the release date, which was also a letdown. Where the fuck are the new gameplay features? I hope the shitty crafting and collecting they showed weren't a selling point, somehow they managed to make even that look more pointless and boring than in the previous titles.

How the fuck am I disappointed in an Animal Crossing title for a glorified tablet, I was expecting nothing.

>bloom
>vignette
>depth of field
why must every game have these effects? and since it's nintendo there will be no option to disable them. shocked there's no chromatic aberration.

I have never played the GC version, do you guys have pictures of those superior dialogues?

I fucking hate smartphones

This better have as much gardening as Happy Home had. I loved gardening in New Leaf as well.

Also, are multiple people in a household able to start characters on the same island?

I agree on the customization the only thing I am worried about is dialogue and essentially being able to write letters and chat with villagers. To me that is what kept me going including finding the ghost on Saturdays and figuring out mystery's of the island.

city folk jammed alot of the special stuff like the psychic and red into the city which made them less special seeing as you could go there whenever u wanted to.

New Leaf is peak comfy for me. It got me back into the series after I rented the Gamecube game and had no idea what I was in for. And honestly, There's something about New Horizons that just isn't doing it for me. I think I'll just stick with New Leaf.

>Where the fuck are the new gameplay features?
Building the town
Crafting
Missions
2 player co-op
8 players in one village
Furniture outside

go to bed

What about Isabelle, can you marry her?

Attached: Oh well.png (1400x1000, 996K)

They are not.

Only a poser retard would say something this stupid. City Folk was the last real AC game.

youtube.com/watch?v=dG_En_T9AnA

I'm cautiously excited.

yes, up to 4
yes they are

This

I don't mind crafting, I just want the villagers to have their souls reinserted into their bodies.

hows your grass faggot.

youtu.be/iY5CUm27_ws
This video is made for people like you.

>literally remixed WW music

City Folk is just a slightly worse wild world weathered to a TV.
New Leaf gets the bland villager dialogue, arguably at it's worse here, Isabelle which has been shilled to the point that some can't stand the bitch, and the idea that you have too much control over the town as the mayor, but not in the ways people wanted.

notice how no matter how much they chopped the trees in the demonstration, they were never cut down? you'll only have to cut trees down if you want to remove them.

Grass was a literal non issue for me when I learned to just press the run button for half a second to skip through areas to go faster. Grass never died. I also never went the same route twice in a day.

>Being concerned about the crafting
It literally makes no difference to you as the player whether you're spending an hour collecting crafting materials to build the building/furniture/tool you want, or collecting beetles for the same amount of time to sell for money to buy the thing. If anything the former is more interesting gameplay wise, because you'll still be in your town and not in the small Tortimer island like New Leaf.
And before you say
>Dude, just flip turnips for money instead
Yeah, play the game even less. That's a better method, huh?

People really just want the same game on the console that is currently plugged in to their TV.

I still play my city folk town. Had it for 9 years now.

>plastic shit in New Horizon
It's meant to look like clay.

>All these games trying to emulate Minecraft while not understanding that the big draw of Minecraft is getting enough resources to build redstone machines to automate the boring grind so you can focus on being more creative.

Guess I'm gonna keep playing New Leaf...

Adding things is not always good, and adding things CAN lead to a game being worse

Please take a picture of the save data and timestamp. I would like to see this.

or just straight pick them up with a shovel.... that was in the trailer.

I hear a racoon has been forcing her to bribe him with intercourse for his silence, I wonder what that's all about, supposedly she goes home bruised every day, just to cry her self to sleep while holding the mayor's picture. But ah well, she's just a dog, no one cares.

Attached: 3236659507.jpg (2000x1000, 124K)

Sorry to get in the way of your self-congratulatory circlejerk for being accepted to the fandom and you properly absorbing all the marketing buzz.

>the big draw of Minecraft is getting enough resources to build redstone machines to automate
you are laughably out of touch

is switch a ps3
are nintendo devolepers hacks
or are nintendos customers retards
why else do look 99 % of the games like ps3 games?

This, I could give a fuck if the game is set in a goddamn zombie apocalypse with a hunger stamina and sleep meter, if the villagers ain't shit the game ain't shit, plain and simple.

Attached: 1483758982083.jpg (406x364, 118K)

Wake me up when you can marry villagers and pop out little villagelettes.

Plus cliffs.

>no shape grass
>no stylized textures
>no heavy shading
>weird realistic reflections on player model's hair
>crafting
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Attached: 1554087875844.jpg (500x376, 11K)

I just want them to explain why Nook is doing this, it seems to be a pretty drastic change for him, and for everyone else.

pretty based

>the same old steak
New leaf wasn't any where near a fucking steak dick face.

>cry her self to sleep while holding the mayor's picture
>mayor's picture
Is that mayor Bill Trinen?

fuck that dumb bitch lol
ever since that human dude is gone she has done nothing for the real estate industry.
and about that raccoon thing, I'm pretty sure that's bullshit, I know raccoons and they are pretty based.
But even if she got raped, that bitch deserved it

Attached: tom.jpg (800x450, 111K)

jew funny haha

I do agree with both of you but I do think it's highly likely we will get a return to form with this game than we did back in New Leaf.

NL was better than GC with the exceptions of visuals, villager dialogue, and music.

we're really just gonna go through the buildup to New Leaf again, huh?

new leaf added too many features without making the game any better. city folk was just wild world on wii but not as good.

>animals wear different clothing depending on the season
>different skin tone options so i can keep my tan without having to actually sit there for an hour each day
>HHA's furniture movement systems
it's the little things that will make this the best yet. all i wanted was the HHA stuff honestly, but if they can give us a mailing system to other players, i'll never need to play any other game ever again.

>Animal Crossing to me means saturated and high contrast colours, crude outdated graphics and 60fps.
That's because we've been playing on fucking under-powered handhelds since WW, I started on WW and the game looks damn good so far.

I never defended New Leaf.

>Finally some private time with Tom Nook on deserted island
Yes please

Attached: 1515780253769.jpg (600x800, 236K)

>bloom
(ONE!) NOTHING WRONG WITH ME
>depth of field
(TWO!) NOTHING WRONG WITH ME
>boring text box
(THREE!) NOTHING WRONG WITH ME
>boring and awkward text font
(FOUR!) NOTHING WRONG WITH ME

>cell phones
(ONE!) SOMETHING'S GOT TO GIVE
>recipes
(TWO!) SOMETHING'S GOT TO GIVE
>matte textures
(THREE!) SOMETHING'S GOT TO GIVE
>soulless
NNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOO

Attached: 1554087875855.jpg (500x376, 14K)

>Gameplay is the only thing that matters on Consoles not graphics
>New console comes out
>Oh look at the new graphics and performance
>We will beat PC's this time guise.
Fuck off Sony Pony.

B-BUT ITS SO SMALL

kek boomers btfo

People never explain why it isn't good though. Was it because it could replace your nostalgic time with WW? Was the grass that big of a deal to you?

honestly this also some of the events in GCN were better. new leaf just goes with the fishing or bug tornement thing anytime its been to long since a real holiday happend the gcn one made up some events like i think there was a sports one or something.

How's the dirt hut treating you greentop?

>consolewarfagging
RETARD CANT EVEN RESPOND AAAAAAAAAAAA FUCK OFFFFFFFFF

Also trailer showed new tools like the pole vault for crossing rivers.

How many hours of fun do Animal Crossing games give before it becomes boring shit with nothing to do?

Attached: 552535212.jpg (480x470, 30K)

This is why I hated New Leaf and in the least buzzword way possible, I do seriously believe it was soulless. They just tacked on some new collectibles (with scuba diving, for example), but I heard like all villager dialogues within a week. What's the point of even talking to villagers anymore once you've heard the entire script multiple times so soon after the game comes out?

i hope thoughs are trips of truth, honestly though i think it will be better then new leaf but not as good as the GCN one.

FAT on taxes

LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR

Attached: 1560046406470.jpg (237x238, 25K)

I don't know what you're talking about

Attached: 1553689109195.png (640x359, 290K)

Time to get bent you toddler.

it didnt for me, but i did stop at some point. funnily enough i was checking my 3ds for the first time in two years and it turns out i have 988 hours in New Leaf.
how much time did you guys get out of it in the end?

plus 19.99 a year for online plus 299.99 plus tax plus tip for the switch itself plus your electric bill plus the hospital bill for your birth and the costs for food and other things you need to live. People actually pay for this shit?

post build

Attached: 2019-02-18_16.12.54.png (1600x848, 1.9M)

I still pick up my new leaf game every once and a while, infinite comfy

>literally the Pokemon let's go stuff
>Retards still like it

Attached: phones.jpg (739x415, 15K)

This. Even if the game turns out shit, this was the ONE fucking thing that's desperately been needed since since CF

A lot of it depends on you and how deep you get into customizing. For a normal person probably 150-200 hours but if you get deep into the customizing you can run thousands easily. Especially with this new game because it added a lot more customizing options.

This game looks like the comfiest Animal Crossing yet and it's the best reason Nintendo gave me to buy a Switch.

>almost 1 year of waiting
Looks like I won't be buying one anytime soon though.

Attached: 1536195371723.jpg (180x192, 16K)

>implying the WW music wasn't fucking kino

youtube.com/watch?v=Uwimf72h5qA

I think most people who came from WW were disappointed in the lack of new music and new things to do. CF was my first AC game (gone back and played them all now) and I think I understand the distaste. It's just bland.

i'm the sorta player that themes my town heavily with ground patterns. being able to actually place furniture is going to increase the quality tenfold, but i can't settle on what sort of idea yet.

yeah but that isn't a selling point of CF

Do you insert it in your ass as well for maximum comfy?

I hate her cause her accidental screwups at the beginning and the time I bought the game made and played it without time travelling lead to the final day where I was able to do some meaningful shit ending up being a holiday, so I couldn't do much by then and just ragequit

IM 26 EAT MY FUCKING ASS

>Zoomer
City Folk and Wild World are both a decade old you projecting minecraft kids.

Attached: tintin.png (166x211, 10K)

LMAO.

Do you want them back? Should they do something different this time? Will ninty reprint old series so ankha's card isn't a million dollars on eBay?

Attached: 81epxoiHdRL._SY879_PIbundle-6,TopRight,0,0_SX534SY879SH20_.jpg (534x879, 93K)

He mistook New Leaf for Wild World, but he's correct. CF was a non meme example of the word rehash. Probably the laziest thing Nintendo has ever done, worse than the NSMB series

Why even play animal crossing if you don't like customizing? The social/life simulation stuff is a nice little bit of added flavor but it has never had much depth, even in the GameCube game. The depth has always been in decorating and designing where there are infinite possibilities.

Kill yourself underaged faggot.
Fucking hell, everybody defending this game is a retarded piece of shit.

Did the island look really small to anyone else? Is that really all we get?

Dude, you really don't have a smartphone? Get with the times

Attached: cool kid.jpg (427x559, 178K)

it'll be fine guys dont worry they'll definitely change stuff if we all yell at them enough right? :)

Attached: 1560141508985.jpg (359x312, 69K)

even if you don't get into the heavy stuff, it's relaxing and fun to just walk around and fish with your friends

It only looks small, we've done the math, it's potentially the second largest after GC

post grass

I already collected all of them so I hope there's a new set
please reprint the sanrio cards though

>KILL YOURSELF
>FUCK YOU FAGGOT
>EVERYONE IS FUCKING RETARDED WHEN THEY DON'T AGREE WITH ME AAAAAAAAAAH

Who's underaged here again?

>items no longer on display in the shop
This better be a limitation of the early build.

Attached: 1556123525356.png (629x1173, 131K)

honestly they have shown so little i dont know what to feel besids i guess the graphics look ok.

I mean
9 months worth of yelling is a fuckton

see

>time traveling
kill yourself, zoomer

Attached: A0twXSO.jpg (920x960, 62K)

This is the one thing I don't like so far, but everything else I'm cool with

Freya is mine fuck you FUCK YOU

What's with the hate?
The game looks fine, and dare I say it...fun.

you haven't seen the actual shop

Old b games great New games bad.

Describes New Leaf perfectly

City Folk was the one I didn't actually play, did you really need a memory card for it?
I thought most Wii games just saved to the internal storage.

This game is like Sims for kids which is funny cause Sims is for kids

>without time travelling

autists are just adjusting to change, and shitposters are b8ing, it's no big

nah
all of the new things added were positive.
they took away something good with the dialogue.

Did they actually say you can spend real money for shit, or is this absolutely baseless paranoia? Just because Pocket Camp exists doesn't mean they'll shove microtransactions into it. Did Fire Emblem have microtransactuons after Heroes? No. Neither did a Mario game after Mario Run

The minimap must not be doing it justice then.

Time travelling...the original cardinal Sin of all AC players...well, that and nutting to Isabelle cartoons.

never trust someone that uses that many ellipses (.........)

So do I, but I doubt it.

Animal Crossing has had paid DLC since the Gamecube game anyway. Remember the e-cards?

yep
it's not 1:1

LET THE BODIES HIT THE
FLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR

Attached: the pre-NL fan's eternal rage.png (700x900, 464K)

Yo Animal Crossing fans, is Stardew Valley worth getting? It seems close to this

Attached: 346364.jpg (1200x800, 103K)

He's came back from retirement and is fucking loaded and wants to give something back to the community, while also making even more money. He is a greedy boy, hence his gargantuan beer belly.
The man is just looking out for his nephews financial security in the future, after all.

SV is a very different game but it is still very comfy to play. It's relaxing, like New Leaf. New Leaf is still comfy as fuck and I would recommend it to any players looking to try out out for the first time.

what is that thing that shoot water out of the sand?

it is but you have more daily tasks than in AC

Shut your fuck up you brainless contrarian

It's a clam, you dig them up like mole crickets.

could be some kind of animal, like a bivalve you capture with the shovel
good eye

no, play story of seasons or an older harvest moon instead.

there's something about this game that feels like pocket camp but I can't describe why

I think that was to be expected.

That texture work on Fuchsia's fur looks terrible.

Baseless paranoia from a man who never played new leaf after meow coupons were added

Don't listen to this fag
SV is better than HV in nearly every way. And I say this as someone who enjoys HV. Just mod the game so the waifus don't look like shit and you're golden.

If the comfiness is what you like about Animal Crossing then definitely. Both are super comfy games. Stardew Valley is a bit stricter because you have to commit to watering every crop you plant every day, but watering doesn't take too much time. I'd definitely recommend it

WW was my first, and I played it just about every day for 6 months. CF and NL I played for only about a month before I put them down. I need to learn to pace myself, instead of catching all the bugs and fish day 1, etc.

I thought that was some good fur work on the edges of her body and face, but then I realize it was all just bloom and blur.

>being this much of a pleb

>making this little of an argument

why are people even liking this ? just play harvest moon or stardew valley

This E3 just makes me want to build a new PC.
>Xbone games on PC
>Switch games all rehashes of better games which I can emulate at 4K and all Switch games will be emulated in time
>Sony doesnt show up, their existing exclusives are all gonna get ported to PC eventually
>Third parties happily port all of their shit to PC, GOG solves the multi launcher issue.

not the same.

Was btfo by Dragon Quest Builders 2

I like it.

you're right, wild world was better.
but enjoy your instagram simulator

Good.
I want to create an exclusively yuri island, a yuritopia

Attached: 1559930105031[1].png (680x693, 770K)

lol

They dig one up in the treehouse stream.

Attached: acnh_treehouse_recipe get.png (1920x1080, 1.81M)

Do we have confirmation of control over residents?
you really could become a proper isle of lesbos if that's the case

cute
but we'll have to see what bait does

Damn what a cute dress

>Golly gee willikers!

Attached: mouse.jpg (400x400, 19K)

this. the animal crossing dev team (now 80% comprised of 30 year old japanese women) has been releasing absolute bare bones trash since new leaf came out.
happy home designer was a joke
amiibo party was a joke.

both games look like they were made in 3 weeks. by the looks of it executives at nintendo played what they had finalized in new horizons and realized "People are going to be mad this is barebones as fuck compared to new leaf and this is supposed to be the most important game coming out on the switch".
so it got delayed to add more stuff. hopefully they do something good with the time they are given but right now the fact the game is missing fossils and all the little things that made older animal crossings amazing is really telling.

this feels like a shallow spinoff right now

Attached: 1431967141545.jpg (1776x2588, 922K)

>literally the Pokemon let's go stuff
Unironically, what did you mean by this

Bros, quick question, can i shit on the beach like the Indians do?

Attached: OHHHHOHOHOH.jpg (662x367, 47K)

>making it about the gender of the developers when that has literally fuck all to do with it

where the fuck is new leaf in that picture? was it left out cause it had better ratings than any of the games made under the man? nice cherrypicking faggot

You incels' obsession with making everything about muh wymyn is about on par with SJWs trying to make everything about race.

Attached: 1560222528281.png (804x874, 435K)

the left cat is an insufferable asshole

Problem is they hardly showed anything for the time that was spent on it. I get that Nogami's trying to hide suprises for now but it looks so barebones not because it is nessesarally but because the whole "build the town from scratch" gimmick means you have very little to begin with. What we really need is a late game treehouse live segment to show what can become of your town and hioefully alleviate some of those fears.
Also it's pretty shitty of you to put fucking amiibo festival in the after section instead of new leaf while pretending Nogami isn't still the man running the show.

eguici must be rolling right about now
>you made it set WHERE

I was wondering what felt really off about this game and it's the floor textures, they're combining realistic ground textures and matte water with stylized trees and it's bugging the hell out of me

You realise the Japanese version dialogue was always like the right example? The SOUL demonstrated in the Gamecube game was entirely that of the treehouse of the time, whereas the new games are now accurate translations.

This, blame the lazy as fuck Treehouse localisers, it's THEIR fault it's shit. The OG Treehouse team did such a good job it got re-translated into Japanese for an updated rerelease.

Nogami-san is producing and after Splatoon 2 I trust him with anything

Attached: squid research new horizons.png (1272x664, 1.15M)

It's interesting that this seems to be a similar case to the whole Japanifornia thing the AA games got in their localisation that the fans of the series fucking adore. I can't attest to whether or not they've attempted to transition away from it in recent games like AC has since I've only played up to AJ.

You are a ridiculously obvious troll to say something like that. There's no way anyone holds this opinion while Happy Home Designer or that mobile game exist.

Bill was the one that translated and localized the OG Animal Crossing, he wrote that entire game, he's the only reason we even have AC now as NoJ considered it a massive failure.

He's the hero we need right now.

why are you lying

did new leaf not have local multiplayer?

>rolling log world is back
I hate it.

Attached: 1558585595931.jpg (564x564, 69K)

there's a fine line in localization, there's the DBZ style and then there's the Dragon Maid style, both from funimation two vastly different qualities.

Then there's direct translations like Xenoverse which suck, non localized almost always sucks.

What are the chances this one will let you chat with others visiting? Especially now that the switch has keyboard support.

Why are you so distrusting?

Attached: Screen_Shot_20190611_at_9.53.09_PM.png (1039x478, 386K)

such a wrong opinion

He did seem kinda bored though, I'm worried he's rushing this so he can go back to splatoon.

this is my concern as well

more like deepwater horizon, got eem

t.sony fag who hasnt played an AC in 15 years

Reminder that you are not arguing with intelligent and well informed people, but with retards, redditors, underage kids or a combination of the three.

i think it would be cool if she was just a villager you could have in your town

He's producing not directing

The more I look at this style the more I dislike it. Everything is so bright and washed out.

I've just watched the gameplay footage and the Jap girl's voice is absolute torture, it's like a squeaky door mating nails on a chalkboard

>being happy about mental loops designed to release dopamine
yikes

so you don't play video games then

I don't see the problem. Villagers getting pissed off at you or acting snobbish made them more dynamic and enjoyable. Now all they do is act polite and talk about their favorite flavor of ice cream.

You should call it Yuri Nation.

Literally every form of entertainment exists to make your brain release dopamine. That's what entertainment is - the release of dopamine in your brain.

its just more content, isnt this what ac is about? collecting? just adds more things to do. ac has hardly any content as is. just a bunch of arthoes showing off their towns on tumblr after buying 1000 cards with items. i do not understand how ac fans can be upset about more gameplay goals and features

do strangers treat you like shit where you live? most of my neighbors at least try to be polite. And it's not like there aren't assholes and a diversity of personalities in new leaf

>Yeah I miss the NES games too, faggot. But that shit aged like fucking milk in a bag.
They thought those games have no value, until they discovered they were driving AC sales. So, of course they chopped them and sold them separately to drive GBA, Wii and mini consoles sales.

What do you guys hate rolling log world for? Are you flat-earthers?

He's been involved with animal crossing since the beginning, no idea why would he get bored of it now, especially when they're really renewing stuff of all things.

Happy Home Designer would be better if it were Happy Building Designer instead. Designing an office or a restaurant is fun. Designing some random fuckhead's house isn't.

It looks stupid but it's a pretty minor issue

i'm saying the way he worded it is outlandish
>yay it looks like they have mental reward loops set up!
as opposed to a non schizo reply
>wow this game looks cute and fun! it seems like there is a lot to do!
see above

It forces the camera to be one singular angle, and all the houses and buildings have to be facing that one angle just because of that.

>someone acting snarky after you tell them they can't sit in an empty seat
>treat you like shit
Do you ever leave your house?

he probably lives in a rich area

But he didn't word it that way you absolute mong, he said that the game looks fun because of its features.
You were the only one to bring up reward loops.

Looks like the best Animal Crossing yet

Wild World literally turned me off because of how much less soul it had compared to the GC one

>I kinda want to live on a beach
>Maybe I can get that retard Player 1 to fund it?
You don't know Nook very well.

>looks like the game will retain its comfy vibes while expanding into new rewarding gameplay loop

ok retard

not gonna like I like the lighting and shading here

Spinoff title.

*lie

Never been to an AC thread on Yea Forums? These days it's all the rage to shit on New Leaf even though the threads were pretty decent when it first came out. Biggest complaints are "soulless", rolling log, and apparently the most lackluster dialogue in the series. I've played all of the ones we got in the US and to me it just feels like people being contrarians. Like, when people post dialogue comparisons between GC and NL, I see what they're talking about, but it's not something I actually notice in game.

>boot up a new AC village
>go farm beetles
>skip time to days when shop is open for stuff
>farm more beetles
>skip time
>farm more beetles
>now you literally have nothing left that will fulfill you
I wanted to play New Leaf more, but it's too broken. I just can't be motivated when I can make millions of bells a day and have a fully built house within hours.

>game about friendship, relaxation and comfiness
>fanbase are the most autistic, seething manbabies on the planet
I think the game looks fun, the crafting looks super cool and being able to make actual paths is literally my #1 most wanted feature of the whole series.

stopped reading at the first time skip
kill yourself

He's busy plowing that stupid dog

Why grind out apples and fossils when you can have millions in an hour of beetle farming?
Why wait three days when you can just change the clock?

>a stranger
>acting snarky
the complete opposite. I'm Puerto Rican. If you make sassy or snarky remarks to a complete stranger here you might be told to fuck off or get shot, depending on the area

I didn't timeskip much, but i did feel enormously compelled to farm bugs when the right time was up.
It ended up feeling like a job in-game.

why play a game when you can just use console commands to max your level?

>as NoJ considered it a massive failure.
cite your sources

Yea Forums hates City Folk for dumb reasons. Calling it worse Wild World even though it's bigger and has improved graphics just because they cannot play it on the go.
I hated New Leaf because
>elongated bodies and pants
>you are mayor, defeating the series's original purpose
>shill dog

oh, and the music felt like a downgrade from City Folk as well.

>, I see what they're talking about, but it's not something I actually notice in game.
>If I don't notice it it does not exist.

look it up yourself faggot

>>If I don't notice it it does not exist.
he never said that

I wonder how stuff like the museum will work.

They should make Animal Crossing more exploit proof. Because when you know it's pointless grinding out fish and fossils you lose all interest.
And when you grind beetles and can buy anything you want you lose interest.

I think they have done that already.

As someone who first played new leaf. What was so different about the villagers?

Why not make it so you can only change the time once a day?

>Dōbutsu no Mori+ cost 7,140 yen and sold 92,568 copies during its first week of sale in Japan.
Doesn't sound like a massive failure to me

Attached: billface.jpg (5000x5727, 2.7M)

Yes.
Get rid of the catalogue

They were fucking assholes, sometimes they'd force you to give them an item in your pocket. They're much nicer in later games and some see that as making them bland.

That's a huge misrepresentation of 99% of all interactions with them

Attached: latest[1].jpg (400x264, 20K)

absolute kino

takes me back to my days as a dumb 13 year old in 2008

Attached: 1560140581042.png (399x403, 8K)

around 1000 (one thousand)