Contra Collection

$20
Came out today, is it worth it bros?

Attached: th.jpg (300x170, 14K)

No just emulate them for free retard

If you want to support the franchise, it's an easy purchase for Contra 1, Contra 3, Super C and Contra Hard Corps alone.

What games in the contra series are worth emulating then

>can't change controls
Only on PC but you might as well emulate it.

stop buying rom packs
actually just stop buying from konami and make them sell their ip

I'll get the nsp whenever it gets uploaded

it's on switch too.

3 and the ps2 one.

I meant it's only worth it on PC.

Super C
Hard Corps

Then play
Rebirth
Shattered Soldier
Neo Contra
Hard Corps Uprising

why

Super C is honestly the only "good" one and it's not great. The series is vastly overrated.

>support the franchise
>Konami
Yeah, you do that.

They should've at least included Hard Corps Uprising, the collection is too lacking as is.

I mean, with Switch there's at least the portability aspect, but on PC you may as well just emulate. Unless you're one of those shitheads that relied on emuparadise to download roms kek.

And Rebirth, and 4.

Contra games are fucking impossible man. You'll pay money for it and then never gonna go past the 2nd or 3rd levels.

contra (nes), super C (nes), contra 3 (snes), hard cops (genesis), 4 (DS), rebirth (wiiware)

ignore rest they're shit

Git gud

>4

impossible unless it's on 3ds

I noticed they included different versions of the same game.

like contra japan and contra US

what's the biggest differences?

>japan
it has proper intro/story/cut-scenes, an map between levels. Levels/backgrounds has some animation to them. It has level select and music test cheats/codes. The game itself is the same.
>euro
sprite swaps, humans are changed to robots because Germany. Its also called Probotector for some reason. Its same otherwise, they didn't even bother to optimize the game to run properly at 50hz(not sure if they fixed that in the collection).

Oh yeah and hard crops is easier in japanese version, it has health system and I think you start with more lives.

>Hard Corps uprising is STILL exclusive to dead gay consoles

You can get it on Xbone. But HCU and Harmony of Despair still not being on Steam is fucking ridiculous.

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!
THEY FUCKED THE REGIONAL PRICING!
The game costs as much as AAA games here.

Attached: 13559128_1728455047395402_1839327855597814121_o.jpg (2048x1536, 235K)

These collections are only worthwhile of they include games that arent easily emulated (and usually with superior emulation at that)

Guess what they didn't do

They're not, the first two are easy as fuck compared to other games at the time, the rest vary in difficulty but none of them are particularly hard you just have to spend some time learning the levels and bosses.
Nigger. Neo Contra, Shattered Soldier and Hard Corps Uprising are all good. Operation C is basically Super C monochrome edition, pretty fun.

Just play Hard Corps Uprising, it's the best one.

Why no Contra Force? Could have been the first time non emulated that this game could be playable without the lag

You can emulate it fine now

lol move to a real country achmed. I hear germany is letting anyone in

Shattered soldier is good too