We live in a timeline where it’s possible that Steve, Edrick Doomguy, and Banjo all get in

>we live in a timeline where it’s possible that Steve, Edrick Doomguy, and Banjo all get in
Who here /everyone wins/?

Attached: 8D4B3D0F-4DAF-4E6A-B93C-DFC3EED8E86A.jpg (1024x541, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.ca/amp/s/www.shacknews.com/article/112375/banjo-kazooie-for-switch-appears-on-amazon-germany?amphtml=1
youtu.be/-wePMpw1XuI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Doomguy & Steve are literal who’s, Banjo is getting a new game which is why he’s being added. That’s what Retro has been working on for the past 4 years

Banjo new game?

fpbp

both Bethesda and Nintendo would choose Dragonborn before Doomguy

>Doomguy & Steve are literal who’s
Is this what being a Banjotard is like? A new Doom and Minecraft game are coming out. It’s like you only watched E3 just so you can sperg out when your bing bing wahoo fighter got in Smash

Amazon leaked it shortly after the direct
> google.ca/amp/s/www.shacknews.com/article/112375/banjo-kazooie-for-switch-appears-on-amazon-germany?amphtml=1

I don't win because none of these characters appeal to me. But I guess since I haven't bought the pass anyway it doesn't really matter to me. I'll just continue to enjoy the base game.

At this point anyone could get in, but also who fucking cares now? They literally just exhausted all the biggest requests. I'm hoping the last two guys are unexpected picks like Joker.

Doomguy would be SICK, but I don't know how'd they implement him when he uses so many realistic weapons. Joker's gun is iconic so it's in there, but Doomguy's super shotgun seems tricky.

Yes they are factually literal who’s, if you asked a regular gamer who Doomguy & Steve were they would have no idea who your talking about. Every Nintendo fan has heard about Banjo Kazooie & Dragon Quest

Those are such shit tier picks (along with Ridley and K.rool) that they basically ruined the game with their presence. It's shit now.

Attached: 1560288804201.png (1200x1200, 699K)

It's probably the amiibo, sites have done more stupid shit than this.

>We live in a timeline where it's very likely Undertale will get a rep in Smash

Attached: 1541127349319.gif (189x189, 84K)

Attached: 22AF8B90-6FC1-491A-A9AC-00D1E505836B.jpg (385x299, 12K)

>70 EU for an amiibo
probably not

Test

>microsoft making a switch exclusive game

fat chance

>Joker
Most surprising reveal and thus the best reveal, not to mention I fucking love P5.
>Hero
I expected a bigger Square Enix rep. Underwhelming for me, another anime swordsman (Joker is at least a sword-melee hybrid) but at least it isn't Fire Emblem.
>Banjo-Kazooie
An okay pick. I always rented their games in at Blockbuster, but never completed them. I think I got further in 2 than in 1. Would have much preferred Conker honestly, but I know BK is the bigger Rare mascot.
>expectations for the last two
I just want no fucking Fag Emblem shits and one really surprising pick. If there really are two more characters then I hope they aren't both Echoes. It would be nice if Rex got in.

>Yes they are factually literal who’s, if you asked a regular gamer who Doomguy & Steve were they would have no idea who your talking about. Every Nintendo fan has heard about Banjo Kazooie & Dragon Quest
>regular gamer
you mean mobile gamers?

>steve
Try again steveposter, he is never getting in.

1 publisher 1 character. steve is out he'll be a mii costume, geno is out he'll be a mii costume, etc.

>fat chance

Attached: survive together.jpg (1000x523, 42K)

How are the japs reacting to Banjo being in?

>a bigger square rep than their most successful IP
Who the hell did you even want?

>Doomguy is the star of one of the most popular video games of all time and the literal father of fps
>Minecraft is a part of normie culture it got so big, and is still a prominent brand

This is such obvious bait. Enjoy the (You)

Attached: dream dlc 3.0.png (850x447, 681K)

>steve
no
Doomguy and Chosen Undead

Attached: tayo.gif (1045x771, 85K)

shovel knight is back on the menu boys

Attached: 1560217686414.jpg (1877x2107, 337K)

Far too young of a game to get a rep in Smash. I'd rather have a character from the franchise that directly inspired Undertale, and massively influenced the growth of indies in early 2000s.

Attached: 1549590019916.jpg (560x750, 249K)

This but unironically, these should have been the only 3rd party games with Smash Reps
> Final Fantasy VI (1st in Sales)
> Chrono Trigger (1st in Critical Acclaim)
> Final Fantasy VII (1st in Sales)
> Street Fighter (2nd in Sales)
> Mega Man (4th in Sales)
> Monster Hunter (3rd in Sales)
> Resident Evil (1st in Sales)
> Metal Gear Solid (1st in Sales)
> Castlevania (2nd in Sales)
> Pac-Man (1st in Revenue)
> Bayonetta (2nd party Nintendo)
> Sonic The Hedgehog (1st in Sales)
> Puyo Puyo (2nd in Sales)
> Dead Or Alive (1st in Sales)
> Ninja Gaiden (2nd in Sales)
This way the highest selling franchises for each respective company would be the only ones with reps, outside Bayonetta & Chrono

Terrible bait man

> Doomguy popular
Nice cope there you absolute faggot
> Official Doom Series Sales Numbers (8.5 Million)

Seething, take a look at this picture & tell me your literal who meme character is popular

Attached: 86F04ABE-8D4C-405F-BCE3-F2C1C15AA6A9.jpg (640x813, 144K)

I fucking hate the smash fanbase. Literally a game about cross overs between Nintendo franchises and every faggot here wants some third party. It's not like there aren't a ton of Nintendo characters that deserve to be.

>MUH SALES
Absolutely soulless. I'm glad Sakurai is making the decisions, and not a rosterfag like you

>STEVE
The meme is dead already been so for a while actually
you are beating a dead horse thats been dead since it was shat out the womb

Attached: 1533878484230.png (500x375, 188K)

He said Switch Exclusive

Vergechad is still clamoring about Minecraft content from his most trusted source. He has never ruled the possibility of Steve being a fighter plus he mentioned the Ender Dragon from his main source so that reads like a stage.

Seething, typical doomfag crying about his irrelevance

>muh sales
stay mad

Attached: they're home.png (1342x754, 1.79M)

All who's left to add from Nintendo's first parties are minor bottom-of-the-barrel characters. No one gives a fuck about them.

All the dudes who want a 1st party like me either gave up or aren't bothering to talk because it's bleak

>Far too young of a game to get a rep in Smash.
Bayo had only existed for 6 years before being added to Smash. Nothing is "too young"

>MUH IRRELEVANCE
Fucking cope, my dude. Banjo is in.

Attached: 1481928012729.png (177x177, 38K)

Banjo is getting a new game & is more popular than Doomguy. Fucking cope more

Bill and Lance can be in now that Contra got revived and that Konami are friendly with Nintendo.
as the last character...it must be one to end everything with a bang, probably announced at the games award.
No ideas who could he be, but someone as surprising as Banjo and Joker.

Attached: Bill and Lance.png (649x369, 518K)

>It's not like there aren't a ton of Nintendo characters that deserve to be.

Like fucking who? They'd have to really scrape the bottom of the barrel for characters nobody would even want or care about anyways. Smash has ascended from being a mere Nintendo crossover game to a crossover game for video game franchises from all across the industry. Get over, faggot.

Do you have actual piss instead of a brain? You fucking retard? There should be a rule to having an IQ higher than the speed limit of a fucking school zone to post here

Absolutely seething Doombabby

Attached: 1541826750895.jpg (171x218, 14K)

DQ is THE RPG series in Japan, but not in the rest of the world. Would have liked seeing Chrono, Sora, or if it were to be another FF character, I would have liked Kain. My pipe-dream would have been 2B.

Only 5 years after Sm4sh and I'm the only one left who believes in our boys... It hurts to have come so far and been left on the cutting room floor. Fuck Chrom for ascending to playable and leaving us behind

Attached: dcouley-1afe040c-f2a6-495f-ba04-3bddbb2ff732.jpg (370x305, 73K)

>my friend wants Scorpion or Sub-Zero in because "Muh SF vs MK"
>try to convince him Doomguy is way fucking cooler
>doesn't believe me because he hasn't played Doom

Attached: 1501635354504.gif (200x200, 2.89M)

Doom is a generic shit tier arcade game that people flock to and love solely because it feels different from other generic shit tier shooters

Or even just a character whose series has meaning and value after 1995 to anyone who isn't a Japanese salary man trying to infantalize himself away from his shitty life.

KILL YOUR SELF STEVENIGGER

tfw the wii remote safety guy will never be in smash

Attached: images.jpg (495x619, 45K)

>minecraft is literally the best selling game of all time
>doom was installed more than windows at its peak and popularized the fps

Attached: WHAT.jpg (356x367, 18K)

How the fuck is doom irrelevant when this just got put up in LA?

Attached: 8453F7D5-0713-4715-9054-B1E8D0614E47.jpg (3024x4032, 1.82M)

>Hates shooters because he probably has granny tier reflexes and gets easily shit on while playing them.

Nobody cares, weeb faggot. Go back to your turn-based, shitty Japanese "RPGS".

This is actually possible, Japan for some reason REALLY likes undertale

>Underwhelming for me, another anime swordsman
>It would be nice if Rex got in.

make up your godamn mind

> MUH INFLUENCE
Means absolutely nothing, even COD is more relevant & iconic than Doom. Nobody gives a single fuck about Doom in the modern era & it hasn’t been relevant since 1993. 90% of console gamers grew up having never knowing what “Doom” is

Attached: EFDECB1E-C19C-4CB9-A3CF-D9C6B3FA30E6.png (1630x1734, 233K)

/dontcareaslongassteveloses/ reporting.

listfag has no rhyme or reason to his shitposting

'New' Super Lucky's tail was confirmed only for Switch.

Shooters are literally just aim at an enemy and click the mouse until they die. The only skill involved is moving the mouse faster and clicking faster. Enjoy your games that a well trained chimp could play

the minecraft content is most likely mii costumes that you get when you download banjo like it happened with the tails and knuckles costumes when you downloaded joker. use your fucking brain.

Seething, Call me when Doom makes 30 million in lifetime sales. Your game is so fucking shit that it has a review score of 81, despite its supposed influence on the FPS genre. Even Quake managed to get a 94

a 2hu in smash would be mind-blowing to me

though I was already astounded when pac-man got into sm4sh

>Japan for some reason REALLY likes undertale
It's a game that appeals to all their sensibilities.

It's no real surprise they dig it.

HAHAHAHAHA, I HAD YOU COMPLETELY FIGURED OUT! Too easy.

If you suck at shooters I guess that means you're dumber than a fucking chimp, huh?

> Implying Doomfags who endlessly spam & cry about their literal who meme character aren’t the most autistic faggots.
Yea Forums is literally full of NPC’s who continually circlejerk Yea Forums approved garbage in hopes of fitting in & you faggots immediately cry whenever some remotely doesn’t agree with the hivemind. This doesn’t happen on any other board

Undertale is a eartbound/yume nikki clone with touhou elements and Cavestory/pokemon style, is literally tailored following a japanese guide.

how can you be surprised Pac man of all characters got in

I give a fuck about them so you are wrong on that.

There are almost 800+ nintendo character stickers + multiple assist trophies that could be changed to characters. You are telling me you couldn't find one popular character out of this bunch that could be a good character?

If Smash is so much better being "about the industry" shouldn't they remove the remaining Nintendo characters? The only ones that are "industry" level might be what, Mario, Link and Samus?

How many people knew what Mr Game & Watch or ROB was?

why are you such a faggot?

I just want a Spirit...

Attached: Travis_Touchdown.jpg (1000x870, 97K)

Even as a Doom fan I don't want Doomguy

Rex's blade is unique, like the Monado. Hero has a generic sword and shield. Again, that is primarily why 2B was my pipe dream character: imagine her using her sword, naginata, spear, bracers, and the Pod.
Also, is anyone else worried that every new DLC character will have some sort of gimmick to make them standout from the rest of the cast. We saw Hero has his magic, and so far it seems like BK got something with Golden Feathers.

I thought Snake was the wildest outsider they would ever put in. If you asked me whether Pac man could be in a smash game I would have told you that you might as well ask if tetris blocks could be playable characters.

>There are almost 800+ nintendo character stickers + multiple assist trophies that could be changed to characters. You are telling me you couldn't find one popular character out of this bunch that could be a good character?
No, stupid. Do you honestly think someone would be hyped for Impa? That one NPC that had some dialogue with you? Fuck that.

>Removing characters
Now I know you're really retarded.

I used to like them, but when I realised every shooter is a reskin of each other and are catered to be playable by 6 year old children who's parents don't want to look after then I decided to play some real games. I encourage you to do the same. You might even come to find that you like playing big boy games.

>you're an NPC if you don't circlejerk sales numbers and Japanese characters
who do you want in user
hard mode: don't use sales or popularity as a reason, just a character that you personally want to see in the game

Attached: pant.gif (981x1152, 43K)

Game & Watch sold at least 40 million copies which is more than the entire Doom franchise.
Why are you such a brainless NPC that’s incapable of thinking for himself & can only spam the same Yea Forums approved garbage?

>gimmick to make them standout from the rest of the cast.
You are worried characters are unique?

WHERE'S PYRA NINTENDO?

>Expecting 3 fucking western characters as the DLC
And here I thought that your rosterfags would shut up after Banjo got in.
Mods just need to straight up have a containment board for you retarded fucks.
inb4 “RULEFAG BTFO BY BANJO”
Having 1 western character was a realistic expectation. Having 3, with only one of them even being demanded, would be idiotic.

forgetting something are we

Attached: tf2 logo.jpg (293x628, 25K)

Chun-Li but she’s already deconfirmed, so I don’t want anyone now except Japanese characters that will make Yea Forums eternally asshurt

Seething rulesfag.

>mad over his waifu not getting in
yeesh

This, Mods should outright ban rosterfagging & limit Smash discussions for when there’s a official Nintendo announcement

is this bait?

Where is this from?

You literally just proved his point, you NPC’s are so fucking retarded that you can only spam the same buzzwords whenever someone doesn’t blindly agree with your incoherent bullshit. You redditors are so use to spamming downvotes at whoever disagrees. It’s no wonder that mods had to come out tell everyone that the average age of Yea Forums is 20 years old

There was a literal fucking official Nintendo announcement you collosal faggot. Kill yourself

We have a sticky, all other threads should be banned immediately since the Sticky is the containment thread for Smash autism

I just don't see why we can't stick to traditional Smash stuff. Like, I would have liked Joker's moveset more if Arsene/Personas were bound to moves, instead of it being a ticking time-bomb. Hero, again, has his magic menu shit, which I am guess is probably his neutral B and you move the stick up and down to cast a spell. Banjo has golden feathers, I think. I dunno, they feel extraneous to Smash; why can't they just have unique movesets without a gimmick?

We need at least one girl, otherwise it's a sausagefest.

it's time

Attached: DxsRKZVWkAAT0mn.jpg (2014x2338, 418K)

Yes

Cope

My picks are Reimu and Doomguy

Reimu, for being the premier indie icon in Japan. Touhou has a massive history and influence, and has some banging music

Doomguy for being the grandfather of the FPS genre, and also for having banging music

I'm still hoping for Crash to be one of the last 2 dlc. Also, does Japan like Doom? Sorry if that's a dumb question.

Every
Body
Wins

Attached: DLC.png (1167x277, 251K)

Who could be the next Sega rep? No I don't count Fatlus as Sega.

Attached: 1547452756379.jpg (1200x1031, 152K)

>Cons
>-Kids might try this at home
heh.

Claire Redfield/Jill Valentine

Attached: 1560080460741.jpg (1920x1080, 591K)

dilate.

based

No, they hate it & Famitsu could only get 300 people to vote on their survey of best FPS games

>c-cope...
NEXT

Dr.Eggman
Nights
Tails
Metal Sonic as an Echo
Axel Stone
Alex Kidd
Aiai
Just to name a few.

>No I don't count Fatlus as Sega
That's a shame. Expect nothing.

No one is going to admit that you were all shit posting about how Banjo and Erdrick were eternally btfo bandwagon meme picks?
Okay.

Attached: BTFO_Fags.png (829x649, 132K)

Arguably, given that Cloud is already in, DQ Hero was actually the biggest Square IP (Enix, actually) they could've gotten in. Banjo is actually the literal who pick as it's an icon from a niche, dead franchize from an even deader genre.

With Cloud, DQ Hero and Joker we now have a rep from each of the biggest JRPG franchizes to ever exist: Megami Tensei, Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest.

Dear lord I would do the bidden of a darklord if Kiryu got in smash. He has so many move list potential.

Well, sorry to inform you this but the smash bros game is japanese. Like it or not, Dragon Quest has a lot more revenue and impact than Kingdom Fujo or some even greater literal who like Chrono. The last new Chrono game released is older than the best smash bros ultimate player in the world.

Even if Sora would've been on the table Dragon Quest has the newest game coming to the Switch in a special enhanced edition and Kingdom Hearts has avoided the nintendo consoles like the plague after Dream Drop Distance.

while i dont like namefags, i agree.
>3 or 4 different styles he can switch through kind of like shulk but permanent
>each changes his fighting style
>brawler obviously being more of a straightforward fighting style
>rush being more focused on speed and dodges
>beast being more of a grappler and throwing style
>dragon style if added could have a counter. Yes I know, I don’t want more either, but it would actually fit that style if they added it
>heat mechanic with each style having different variations of his heat moves to make them more unique, like beast whipping out a bike

Attached: kiryu smash.png (960x540, 452K)

Just close the deal with Phoenix and Layton

>Only other person in this thread who recognizes one of the most popular gaming icons after everyone who's already in
Where are Yea Forums's priorities? We NEED Crash in Smash.

Attached: 098.jpg (600x764, 98K)

Careful that redpill is a little too big for those anons

>no one is rooting for Jibanyan in Smash with Robonyan as a echo fighter
What is with all the shit taste in here?

Attached: Timeskiprussell.jpg (1228x1125, 687K)

Wasn’t Steve already announced?

What am I missing here? Why does everybody act like he wasn’t officially announced.

I was at work today. How did the catalog look when Banjo got revealed?

They made a good-looking WAD

Attached: 320px-Jpcp-tittle-screen.png (320x240, 139K)

Funnily enough it was filled with “banjoke” posters getting their threads zombied “btfo”

Imagine the reveal trailer, a Monster Hunter and Jibanyan showing their backs are walking to duke out but suddenly:

"OBJECTION!" and "This reminds me of a puzzle" are heard and the combatants turn around but were just Mii with costumes

Phoenix Wright takes the case!: "The defense is ready your honor!"

Professor Layton puzzles the battlefield!: "A gentleman never forgets to fight fairly"

not even much of a fan of either, but you'd have to be delusional to think that either of them are literal whos
especially fucking minecraft of all things

Touhou has seniority over Undertale, so it would be weird having an Undertale rep over Touhou. It's like if Master Chief got in over Doomguy.

CoD wouldn't exist without Doom, keep seething. No one cares about your top 10 lists.

Because he hasn't been and won't be announced

Eggman

Already 15 million going off of the shareware release, and that was in the 90s.

youtu.be/-wePMpw1XuI

Isn’t this an announcement?

You know what. Never mind...
I never looked at the desc of the video, I’ve assumed this was legit for months.

Some of you are alright with me. Although it's still not fair Mega Man doesn't get Dr. Wawee as his Dr. bad guy.

Attached: 1496629514657.gif (337x355, 1.48M)

Attached: KazooieTooie1.png (816x941, 557K)

>Banjo-Kazooie got in
>so clearly the next choice is Classic Sonic and Classic Tails duo

Attached: 7 Emerald Post.jpg (424x600, 43K)

I was Steveposting like a fucker because I find the arrogance and the 3D renders of Steve beating up other characters funny but I'm actually glad Banjo got in. I did feel some emotion seeing Spiral Mountain, Banjo was my childhood. Maybe I will go back and finish it.

It's certainly possible, but "very likely" is a bit much.

>Comparing Touhu to Undertale
2hu? More like 2 obscure for everyone that isn't a pillow fucking neckbeard. Gottem.

imagine being this butthurt

>people think it is realistic for "doomguy" to be a character in a children's party game
kek

>not knowing how big of a 2hufag Toby is
>not knowing how big of an influence 2hu is on Undertale
The comparison is justified.

Attached: TobyTwitter.png (622x554, 62K)

Bayonetta is in, so Doomguy is fair game.

bayonetta isn't a violent ass game with a bunch of guts and gore

>still making up rules on who can and cannot be in smash

hurr lets have mortal kombat characters in it with fatality super smashes XD

they wouldn't have fatalities you dumbass. holy shit are you fucking 12?

>muh gore
Bayonetta

>Or even just a character whose series has meaning and value after 1995
This is Super Smash Bros. A big chunk of the characters have been irrelevant for far longer than that.

Hayabusa, please. They are working on Nintendos Marvel game, throw them a bone.

Attached: ryu.jpg (1024x445, 138K)

Please tell me what you call "big boy games", user

Attached: aroused_pepe.png (235x215, 6K)

Better than fucking Gatornigger

Nostaliga faggots should KYS asap. No one gives two shits or knows about some faggot gator from 1935 when your parents weren't divorced.

Literally should have never got in smash. Bayonetta got in because she was relevant and a recent game release, not some literal who green shit.

>inb4 muh rob muh pacman muh duck hunt
Icon characters of different eras or mascot characters. No one gives two shits about literal who the gator

Attached: 1541092863288.png (1500x1500, 2.24M)

you guys are fucking dumb if you think nintendo is going to add a character from a cero Z game in their children's game

>No one gives two shits about literal who the gator
I do so you're proven wrong :)

Looks more like the Mario Strikers ball with Mario characters walking, which would make sense when you consider the developers are the same

Ryu Hayabusa seems like a brain dead choice to be in Smash but some reason isn’t.

I mean, shit, Nintendo and KT has a really good relationship going on with KT developing multiple Nintendo titles, Ninja Gaiden started out as a Nintendo game and Ryu Hayabusa is probably one of the more popular hack & slash protagonist.

>Seething Steevefags
>Seething Erdickfags
>Seething banjofags
>anti-banjo btfo
>Goku finally in Smash
>Squidward.jpg ATTENTION, EVERYONE, ROSTERFAGS ARE TAKING ALL OVER THE BOARD
>OUR BOARD

Retarded to the core. You do realize that Persona 5 sold less than based doom and still got in right?

No one that matters does

stale pasta

it's the truth

>Ryu
But he already is?

I hope you're all ready for
>"This is why I hate portals"
>Geralt slays the competition!
>*ALALALALALALALALA*

Attached: Switch_TheWitcher3WildHunt_E3_screen_09.png (1280x720, 1.26M)

Erdrick was BTFO into alt status

I was originally campaigning for Jill, but DQ Hero has me thinking much bigger. This would be a dream come true.

Attached: residentevilsmash.png (677x710, 653K)

Nobody's gonna point out that Retro is making MP4? ok

Attached: andyesevenyou...banjo.png (816x614, 278K)