Digipill

I want to get into Digimon with this game. Should I play the whole Digimon Story series from the start on the DS? Or just do cyber sleuth into hacker memory?

Attached: Digimon_Story_Cyber_Sleuth_(NTSC-J).jpg (233x299, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-qUkl4leUTw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_media_franchises
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The latter is fine, just know that a lot of them are way different between one another. This one is really story driven, the tone is a bit different from other games in the series, at least in my perception.

Attached: Bearmon2.jpg (320x320, 61K)

Is Digimon World DS to Super Xros Wars worth playing at all?

I havent played xros wars but the other ds ones are pretty okay

ds and dusk/dawn are disgaea-tier grindfests. if you like that kind of autism, you'll probably love those games.
lost evolution and super xros haven't been translated yet and i'm a filthy eop, so i can't comment on those.

>lost evolution and super xros
damn I hadn't realised, guess I'll start with cyber sleuth
how is the digimon world series?

Weird. It's like a Tamagotchi if it were a video game. I had fun with it, but it's definitely not for everyone

digimon world 1 is saga-level obtuse with poorly explained mechanics, but it's also a totally unique gaming experience. re:digitize and next order are easier for newcomers to get into.

the last time Yea Forums fooled me, it's a great game if you are the kind of retard that also enjoys pokemon mistery dungeon games, no offense, a genuine suggestion

CS games make the DS games look like an absolute joke. I can't believe the same team made them. CS is legitimately a better game than Pokemon has ever had and we know live in some bizarro world where Digimon games are better than Pokemon games and Pokemon anime is better than Digimon anime

Anyway, if you don't like grinding, get yourself some PlatinumNumemon's as quickly as possible and look up how to get Tactitican USBs. It'll save you all kinds of time

>Pokemon anime is better than Digimon anime
yeah, no. as atrocious as tri was, it's still better than the absolute state of the ashnime.

Attached: 1546653857122.png (1116x838, 999K)

I have no sony systems and no desire to play the ds games. how many decades will I have to wait before the vita, PS3 and PS4 games show up on pc or switch? I really don’t want to buy a PS4 until end of life so I can crack it open with honebrew

Attached: FEDA3A55-C971-498E-96D5-987305A7E0F3.gif (311x283, 542K)

I didn't really like cyber sleuth. not a bad game but the difficulty was messed up. too easy in random encounters and then too hard on boss fights, at least on normal. thinking of getting hacker's memory since I heard somewhere it's a bit better in that regard.

i'm pretty sure you can get a vita TV for a song and CFW it without any effort

Get a vita man, you can crack any firmware now and they just are great emulation machines

Attached: 1558661260604.png (675x750, 50K)

I could in theory get my younger brother’s vita for myself since he’s sitting on the damn thing without playing anything. If I manage to do that, what’s all that hubbub about using SD cards on the system? Do I need some third party adapter or is it just a matter of popping an SD inside it and running some software?
As for the emulation thing my switch is already a bloody insane emulation powerhouse so I’m not really looking for that.

Cyber Sleuth was absolutely fucked in terms of balancing, especially in lategame, where Piercing skills were almost mandatory. Hacker's Memory really improved by letting you run with almost any party. As a plus, Piercing moves were somewhat nerfed, though you'll still probably use them in the end.

I have no idea what this game is but it must be good if Terriermon's in it

I didn't feel like the CS bosses were hard. Some did require a specific setup to beat, and yeah, that's kinda lame, but the game does give you 11 party member slots, presumably for that reason.

Unfortunately, I don't really remember the HM bosses. I need to give that game a try again, I finished it before Apocalymon was patched in

They have adapters to put microSD card into the memory card slot now, what I have is an SD adapter that goes in the game card slot, either work

Only thing i recc is downgrading your firmware to 3.65 afterwards since sony might fix the exploit

Attached: 1532753027324.jpg (530x1345, 363K)

Watching Adventure right now and I just wanna say Joe best chosen, Piyomon best partner
don't waste your time refuting this

Attached: [RyRo]_Digimon_Adventure_25_(h264)_[D13C0C43].mkv_snapshot_11.40_[2019.06.02_09.48.54].jpg (640x480, 31K)

Just play cyber sleuths. It's one if my favourite games of all time and I dont even like digimon.

One tip I'd give is to fill one farm with builders and search with 10000 ten to get a tactician USB.
These increase exp you receive.

masaru >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> anyone in adventure

Attached: 1551376249136.gif (500x281, 1.09M)

>80 huehue bucks for sd2vita
I can live with that, I guess. will try to find better prices. any other good vita games I should keep an eye out for?

How would you implement this into a main Story game?

Attached: Shoutmon_x4k_toei.jpg (540x540, 186K)

Using Chadsaru is cheating

Grab some Vita exclusives, like P4G and Freedom Wars. Haven't tried Soul Sacrifice Delta yet, but it's apparently a must-have.

it's hard without literally copy pasting the plot of xros wars where you have a bunch of digimon party members with their own personalities and identities.

If you just want the x4k then you can have it as an alternate mode for a perfect level shoutmon evo.

yeah, he just towers over adventure in general.

Attached: masaru.jpg (1280x720, 82K)

>THREE VenomVandemon

jesus fucking christ

It's really hard to think of something that captures the spirit of Xros Wars. You obviously can't have it function like a normal Jogress because the whole point in Digi Xros is that it's a temporary thing for specific situations. Or at least, that's what it started out as, anyway

I already thought the way they handled the Frontier Digimon in HM was retarded since they left out the Hybrid Forms instead of making the human and beast forms jogress into them

I need a translation for this.

Who preordered Ver20th here? I have a JP version but I'm buying one of each color of the english release.

Attached: digimonvpet1_april17_2019.jpg (1000x627, 97K)

holy shit imagine getting into the GoBots of Pokemon.

get a life

Jimiken wants to know your location.

Wasnt there a "big digimon announcement" promised?

be glad they even put frontier digimon in HM.

I'm ok with no double spirit forms cause 70% of the canon ones are utter shit and if they by a miracle decide to add the rest of the spirits i'm ok with just human, beast and maybe legendary warriors.

Also a xross wars style game could work if it's treated like a normal JRPG but your party members are all digimon.

Digimon Survive release date fucking when?!
They did that dev blog, which was really nice and all. But there's been fuck all news about it otherwise.

We know they're doing Survive and we know that there's supposed to be a Story game in the works, If they were doing anything else, they'd probably be stretched too thin

Yeah but i remeber that they stated it in a way that there would be big way in a magazine or sth.

>how can we devalue literally every cool threatening digimon the hero encounters?
>HOW ABOUT HE JUST PUNCHES THEM IN THE FACE
it's shit

When you devolve certain digimon (ie. the xrosmons) you get digicores. You grind for the cores you for the requirement for Xros

I just want them to show off what Digimon they're using. Survive having the kind of gameplay it does will allow them to have some pretty unique choices that we haven't seen any indication that they'll use. It could finally be time for us to see Xros Wars and Frontier in video game form again, and maybe some of the offbeat Armor levels as well

Next Order is pretty great too

>80 huehue bucks
I got mine for like 10 USD i think, as for games I only recently been playing hist on my vita and have to recommend the vanillaware games and then the big games like soul sacrifice and P4

Attached: 1532749739964.jpg (417x838, 152K)

HOLY SHIT FUCK OFF WITH YOUR SHITTY RETARDED SOULLESS FRANCHISE ALREADY, DIGISHIT IS, WAS AND WILL NEVER BE GOOD AND WILL NEVER BEAT POKEMON IN ANY CAPACITY

>Shitty retarded soulless franchise
But we aren't talking about pokemon?

he also punched two belialvandemons so hard that they exploded into each other. what a chad.

Attached: eB_Vfk.gif (400x225, 3.86M)

I remember a lot of anons saying it was mediocre/bad for a World title.

I don't really know since the only other World game I played was Re: Digitize, but Next 0rder seemed like a step up from that game. More Digimon, more things to do and a fair amount of QoL improvements. I had fun with it.

you just don't appreciate kino.
youtube.com/watch?v=-qUkl4leUTw

Attached: disdainforplebs.jpg (322x326, 27K)

Those people are retarded nostalgiafags who thought World 1 was amazing. They're on the same level of idiocy as DMC 3fags, just ignore them

this reminds me how cyber sleuth story feels like a mishmash of a bunch of digimon anime plots, but in a good way.

i think they did the RK better in CS than in Savers.

Where can you preorder?

Survive is gonna release on PC so there's a good chance the rest might be ported as well.

I unironically think the CS has a better plot than any of the anime. And it was kinda hard for it not to do the RKs better when Savers only had time to focus on like half of them (mostly the ones it introduced), and Gankoomon and Jesmon didn't even exist when it was made

Gankoomon vs Masaru would have been one hell of a throwdown though

I still believe the theory that masaru was so fucking hardcore, that when he stayed in the digital world he eventually became gankoomon.

I don't understand the people who own this license they are f****** stupid. we can all tell that Digimon is f****** failing miserably financially there is no way it's lost a Pokemon it's been dead ever since and it's literally become a niche product at this point why the fuk when they think it's a good idea to release these games on Steam it's literally free money

>we can all tell that Digimon is f****** failing miserably financially
meanwhile in the real world, it's a multi-billion-dollar franchise that's bigger than minecraft, game of thrones, fast & furious, candy crush, and many others.
>when they think it's a good idea to release these games on Steam it's literally free money
oh, so you're just port begging, then. never mind.

>Digimon is bigger than minecraft, candy crush and game of thrones

th digimon franchis comes with a lot of things appart from their games.
special designed psvitas/psp's etc.
i think its one of the reasons they dont want to port them.
yes, it is.

read it and weep:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_media_franchises

t. Hasn't played Digimonstory or any Mystery Dungeon games

Well I'll be damned

>Evangelion only being on the list at all because of pachinko sales
I read this every time I see this list, and every time it makes me smile.

I'll admit that I haven't played a single Digimon game until I played Cybersleuth, and I had a blast with it.

Granted, I stopped right towards the end of the game (A really bad habit of mine). I put tons of time into getting every Digimon I could. The evolution tree & farms were a blast to play with, and I never care about heavy UI shit like that in games.

I've been tempted to buy Hacker's Memory ever since I stopped playing, but never got around to it.

Anyone know if there are enough new/different digimon in Hacker's Memory compared to CS?

Attached: photo_2019-06-04_10-39-52.jpg (471x537, 26K)

Imagine playing Sword and Sheild instead of an objectively better game.

There's about 70 or so new Digimon in HM, IIRC
And to be fair, the game does kinda go out of its way to really show off all the new ones by giving them to plot critical characters and such. The new areas mostly feature the new Digimon as well. You have to go back to the areas from the first game to get most of the older ones, and the game rarely gives you any reason to go to them

That actually sounds like a pretty decent way to handle it, I didn't really consider that.

I haven't gone back to CS in over a month or two now, and I suppose now is a good time to finish it up! I appreciate it.

Yeah, and HM does have some balance changes and QoL improvements as well the multiplayer is more than just assholes running teams of 3 Ulforces or Lilithmons. Pierce moves got nerfed, some abilities got changed, it gave you a hack to make you run faster in the digital world, royal knights are no longer locked behind sidequests (though there are a few Digimon you need to be in the post game to use). It's a better designed game overall. I don't like the story as much though

If you do get Hacker's Memory, finish Cyber Sleuth. Having a completed file in CS gives you some extra shit in HM, including giving you some items, getting a cosmetic for one of your Digimon, your Digimedal progress, and keeping old data for Digivolutions you got in the past so you can figure out which ones are new. I also just find HM's overall gameplay structure to be better, even if they did nerf Platinumnumemon's INT stat hard (though he gets 999 DEF to start with). Just more missions and not as many cutscenes to worry about.

Honestly, the only ones that need to be post game to unlock are story spoiler related ones anyways. Even though I was upset that my bro Arcadiamon could only be used afterwards.

Next Order is in my to play list after I finish HM, which has been solid so far.

I mean, one of those post-game unlocks is literally on the cover of the game, so it can't have been for spoiler reasons. They probably just wanted those characters to stand out a little as compared to you on your first playthough. The Digimon have a bit of a different identity when you can't use them