Will this lead into Banjo Threeie?

Will this lead into Banjo Threeie?

Attached: Banjo.jpg (337x388, 96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.de/dp/B07SZX1165/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_awdo_9ScaDb43KW2CH
nichegamer.com/2018/05/28/rare-is-open-to-other-studios-making-new-games-based-on-their-ips/)
streamable.com/z2dql
nintendolife.com/news/2019/06/original_banjo-kazooie_team_pleased_about_duos_return_but_unsure_a_new_game_would_sell
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No.

Most likely. The fan reception has been wild. If fucking Battletoads got a new game im certain Banjo will

Banjo lookin like a turtle lipped old fart

I'd like a release/remaster of 1 and 2 on the Switch pls.

I hope not. It will absolutely suck. The only way to make banjo threeie good would be to go back in time and have rare work on it directly after tooie. The spirit of BK and BT cannot be recreated, I’m positive.

too soon to say but the overwhelming love to their reveal should not be ignored.

Attached: D8y3gtnWkAA4tuN.jpg (989x697, 174K)

This

Yooka Laylee got millions because people desperately wanted another Banjo game

He stole the show of a pretty good Direct at an E3 where most had given up

Microsoft is launching a new console

It's such a fucking layup I can't imagine they'd squander it

Didn't it literally get leaked today?

I hope not. It will absolutely suck. The only way to make banjo threeie good would be to go back in time and have rare work on it directly after tooie. The spirit of BK and BT cannot be recreated, I’m positive. I can’t even stand how he looks in NaB/Smash but maybe I’m being autistic

You tell me
Leaked today: amazon.de/dp/B07SZX1165/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_awdo_9ScaDb43KW2CH

yep

Samurai was once quoted as saying that he only wants to include characters that aren’t from dead series’.
Then he added duck hunt

Why wouldn’t they announce that at the direct? Seems fishy to me.

Fpbp

overpriced port.

An actual new Banjo game would need refreshed identity. New devs with new ideas. YL proved just putting Banjo mechanics in a giant worldspace isn't adequate.

It could be a direct Nuts and Bolts sequel (that actively shits on that piece of crap) where Grunty has made a bunch of "games" that serve as the levels you go through.

Can I get some JP reactions to this?

Yooka laylees reception was lukewarm and that game is almost literally banjo. Even has grant doing the music. So it's 50/50 because the brand recognition could easily carry them especially if it's a launch title

>port
think again.
Why didn't they announce the leaked 2.5 D Metroid? Ninty has their reasons.

Man, I don't like Ultimate but it felt great to see Banjo and Kazooie again. A Threeie wouldn't be as good as the original two, but I guess it wouldn't be so bad if they let a good team handle it.

Probably not

:(

>An actual new Banjo game would need refreshed identity. New devs with new ideas. YL proved just putting Banjo mechanics in a giant worldspace isn't adequate.
Rare already said that they're comfortable letting other devs work with their IPs.
(nichegamer.com/2018/05/28/rare-is-open-to-other-studios-making-new-games-based-on-their-ips/)

And guess who's been notably absent and has been working on projects since 2014's Donkey Kong Country Freeze?
Retro studios.

>It's such a fucking layup I can't imagine they'd squander it
They've absued their best IPS for a VERY long time. I will not put it past Microsoft to count this as a win and leave it at that.

However your right, the time is right to make a new game and it will surely sell VERY well. I just dont think Microsoft will bite, and i dont trust Rare because they already have no interest in making it so they would half ass it. Most i see Microsoft doing is being jews and making remakes to board the Crash/Spyro train.

Only place Banjo is going is back in my ass

Attached: 1540873542302.png (661x454, 223K)

>think again.
If it was any bigger it would have been announced at either of conferences.

They're clearly not ready yet, If it was the Rare Replay they would have announced it already.

no they only included them because you smash babies booed your eyes out
be happy its not another anime sword fighter

S-suddenly i dont feel so good. Typing that last insult just didnt seem to do anything....w-whats happening bros...im melting ....h...help...banjo isnt in haha see? EhgGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: 1559854124797.jpg (1024x901, 39K)

Xbox needs its sales idiot. even a cg trailer would suffice.

this. banjo is in smash but the franchise itself is still going to be left to rot in microsoft's dungeon. banjo is going to get a hot minute of popularity in a party fighter and then go back to being obscure when the next dlc fighter gets revealed. if anything this announcement only further digs banjo into the ground, microsoft is probably thinking this is more than enough for banjo

Attached: 1558467637538.jpg (437x431, 21K)

>Xbox needs its sales idiot.
Xbox isn't a box anymore moron, Xbox is a digital platform.
Didn't you notice all of their exclusives are being supported on Windows 10?
Mircrosoft isn't losing sales by making their games non-exclusives.
Look at Lucky's Tale and Cuphead, published on the Switch.

Wasnt there that rumor that Retro was working on something new, when Regie posted a pic of that painting and it was covering up a robotic figure and retro replied to it?

Apparently Grant Kirkhope teared up at the news? I thought he would get sick of people asking him about BK, didn't know he was still a superfan.

>microsoft is probably thinking this is more than enough for banjo
>Microsoft is probably thinking there's no point making money off their IPs

The worst part is you're not inaccurate

Microsoft could be putting out Fable games, Rare games, and all kinds of top shelf shit but they instead put out Gears and Halo and Gears and Halo and Gears and Halo

Probably, next E3 is a pretty safe bet for a reveal, maybe with a release in 2021.

cuphead doesn't belong to xbox. and they clearly still care about console sales because they're making another one.

>I thought he would get sick of people asking him about BK

In the same way you'd get sick of people asking about your kid on life support.

Then one day he wakes up and smiles

No. Rare says they don't want to do it, former Rare employees say that Rare isn't interested. If it happens at all it'll be Microsoft using a different studio.

Every Banjofag said they wanted Banjo in Smash to "get closure" on the franchise and yet, of course, the moment he's revealed everyone starts saying that this means we have to get Banjo Threeie. This is why they should have just let them stay dead, because now we're in for another 20 years of futile sequel begging.

Tell you what. Althought its obvious he was under an NDA. He acted like a bit of a dick when it came to BjK. When people asked him he told them to forget about it and get over it and that it was never happening. The most he could of done was play a fool instead of such an asshole.

I would actually like to see zoomers dabbing on boomers and pushing Steve until he gets into smash.

I feel like a big problem with that is that Banjo's design is outdated and kind of ugly. I think many people who haven't played a Banjo game would reject it just from looking at the cover.
Collectathons are a much less popular genre now too.

>and they clearly still care about console sales because they're making another one.
They're still going to offer a place to play their games yes.
But they're completely supporting multiplatform markets now.

>get closure
the only way to do that is close the story for real. banjo has to die.

>Every Banjofag said they wanted Banjo in Smash to "get closure" on the franchise and yet, of course, the moment he's revealed everyone starts saying that this means we have to get Banjo Threeie.

I actually could of cared less if he got in smash and instead got a new game. Alot of of banjo supporters reasoning for wanting him in Smash, (or atleast mine), is because it can open up a doorway to show MS that Banjo is wanted. They could of annouced Banjo and a mew game, and then Nintendo could of an hour later said they are pulling Banjo iff the DLC list and id be fine. It was never to get him in smash for me, it was think a step ahead in hoping this would push MS to make the new game.

>But they're completely supporting multiplatform markets now.
you means windows.

All he has said is that he doesn't think a new BK game will ever happen because Rare isn't interested and people shouldn't get their hopes up. He's never commented on Banjo in Smash and even if he had, he didn't even know it was happening until February of this year. Before then he would have been perfectly justified in saying publicly that he didn't think they were likely.

I hope it leads to kazooie getting an actual kazoo

Yes, multiple platforms. Correct.

Who gives a shit about nuRare? They've not made an actual video game since Nuts and Bolts.

There's plenty of studios that could make a fantastic 3D platformer.

And I'm sure they'll ruin Double Fine just like they did with Rare

If Amazon Germany is any evidence, yes.

That doesn't mean they're not trying to sale xbox consoles.

Man you people are gluttons for punishment.

Every single person I asked said that if it came down to a choice between Banjo in Smash or a new BK game (excluding the other option forever), they'd pick Banjo in Smash. Using smash for your ulterior agenda of trying to revive your childhood series is pathetic. Banjofags reveal their true colours the second they get what they want.

Most likely. Mega Man getting into Smash got us the Legacy Collections and 11, and Castlevania seems to be testing the waters for a similar revival.

I never said they were going to stop selling xbox consoles you dunce.
I'm saying that microsoft now sees the monetary gains of expanding their market to other platforms as well.
This is from them, not me.

That doesn't explain no fucking announcement. They would want to promote it.

Double Fine ruined themselves with their shitty flash games, e-begging, abandonware, and failed experimental crap.

he uh, doesn't really look great outside his 64 graphics. looks right blocky, now he just feels way goofier.

streamable.com/z2dql

Attached: 1552411519008.png (1200x1080, 1.02M)

this desu

It'd need new devs though, Yooka was kinda shit even with the old team and nuRare is shit.

nintendolife.com/news/2019/06/original_banjo-kazooie_team_pleased_about_duos_return_but_unsure_a_new_game_would_sell
Rare doesn't believe it'll do well at all so probably not. Unless Banjo really is secretly Retro's new game.

>That doesn't explain no fucking announcement. They would want to promote it.
Do you understand how leaks work? This wasn't planned, it was leaked before an announcement.

one miracle at a time OP one miracle at a time...

No. And if it did it would end up with some monkey's paw shit like having Borderlands writers and being voiced by the Rick and Morty cast.

ga

have no idea if this guy is laughing, crying, or trying to survive a stab wound to the abdomen

>streamable.com/z2dql
Is the man in this 400 pounds are guzzling like 4 cocks?

It would be risky, sure it might end up being as good as a hat in time but it's just as likely it'll be like yooka laylee.
Microsoft can't take any risks on bad PR, they are clawing our trust back with putting games on steam and buying studios right now.

Honestly Nintendo should just buy Banjo-Kazooie back from Rare at this point. Give the IP to Retro, they did DKC right so I'm sure they would do Banjo justice

>Do you understand how leaks work? This wasn't planned, it was leaked before an announcement.
banjo kazooie game wasn't leaked.

>voiced by the Rick and Morty cast

There's nothing wrong with the voice actors from Rick and Morty.

In fact the only things wrong with Rick and Morty are Dan Harmon and the autistic fans that probably all moved on to their next epic meme after R&M went out of vogue.

t.Someone who liked the first season but dropped off

She has one in the game's opening.

Well if this doesn't push Microsoft to make a new game, maybe it'll encourage Nintendo to maybe pursue buying the IP back? They're a huge company, I'm sure they could work something out with MS. Who knows.

After the Banjo-Kazooie Retuned Duologie, yes

Attached: 1560282275424.jpg (1664x1000, 243K)

>Nintendo should buy a platformer IP so they can compete with themselves

Why?

Again, who cares about nuRare? That's like caring about nuValve making another Half Life. They're basically not a video game developer anymore.

Because IP concentration is good.

It'll start with a N-Sane style remaster of the first two.

A Crash trilogy-esque remake seems like a no-brainer.

Cheap to make and easy to sell.

>>Nintendo should buy a platformer IP so they can compete with themselves

Damn you're right, I guess they should cancel DKC, Yoshi and Kirby so they don't compete with Mario!

Moron.

What fucking idiots, Crash and Spyro remasters have sold extremely well

>upvote

Keep in mind E3 was meant to be focused on this year's stuff. The only real 2020 announcement we got was Animal Crossing but I don't think that should count since it was a 2019 game to our knowledge up until this morning. Given that Amazon says "working title" it's likely a next year thing. I say it makes an appearance at the fall 2019 or winter 2020 quarterly direct.

yeah bro, they remembered them so surely a new game will be right around the corn-

Attached: falcon.jpg (800x1215, 128K)

Kirby is kind of a hybrid sidescrolling platformer beat-em-up. Yoshi is targeted at very young children. Country is a nostalgiafag precision platformer sidescroller. They all have niches.

Nintendo Banjo would be directly competing with 3D Mario.

Maybe but don’t count it being on the Switch

If only Mario Kart didn't fucking kill F-Zero

If it was a big sprawling adventure like Banjo-Tooie or Conker then that would differentiate it from the 3D Marios, which are more self contained separate levels

IN THIS WORLD YOU'VE GOT TO BE STRONG

>Battletoads has a ton of random hints
>Battletoads had crossover appearances in Shovel Knight & Killer Instinct
>Battletoads got a new game
>Banjo is getting a ton of hints (oddly in all GamePass marketing) & random ass merch
>Currently in a 3D platformer revival boom
>Banjo is in Smash

I’m thinking it’s happening.

Attached: C21372A5-7D8A-42A1-87A4-B9C970D6BD65.jpg (800x500, 93K)

Mario Kart didn't kill F-Zero. Miyamoto's insistence that every game has to have a new gimmick killed F-Zero.