Hmmmmmmmm

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Attached: hmmm.jpg (1920x1920, 749K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2BWSo3Hwjco
youtu.be/858bJn1zEZI
ign.com/articles/2019/06/12/is-isabelle-in-animal-crossing-new-horizons-yes-e3-2019
youtube.com/watch?v=v0wqz3s4V80
ign.com/articles/2019/06/12/nintendo-confirms-new-details-about-multiplayer-in-animal-crossing-new-horizons-e3-2019
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

looks comfy

Attached: Switch_AnimalCrossingNH_E3_screen_09.jpg (1920x1080, 1.12M)

If you seriously think the top looks better you're fucking brain dead. That's a 15 minute menu thing they made for Wii U.

This is a video game that's been developed for a long fucking time.

I just wish things looked a little more soft, or like blended?

Soft or blended?

How the fuck else should it be "soft and blended"

Attached: soft or blended.jpg (2560x1440, 392K)

the top has harder shading varieties

The top looks plastic and empty and hollow. It's noticeably aged. New Horizons looks bright, cheery, welcoming.

I just think they could put a bit more effort into the atmosphere

if you play the new animal crossing you won't be bothered by the lack of NPCs
you are the NPC

>harder shading varieties
It looks messier, more dirty and rough.

New Horizons is clean and smooth.

You've seen a few shots on a bright sunny summer day.

Wait until you get a dark stormy night.

I love how the new game looks. Just needs more prominent shapes in the grass but other than that it's gorgeous.

Idk why but the new game looks empty. The visual style reminds me of Unreal Engine fangames.

Attached: Switch_AnimalCrossingNH_E3_screen_10.jpg (1920x1080, 364K)

hopefully thatll be addressed with the delay

that's why it looks better it feels more complicated
and in some ways human

This looks like a piece of shit. Look at the actual video and not screenshots.

youtube.com/watch?v=2BWSo3Hwjco

Its a basic island with nothing on it. You need to build stuff.

>deserted island is empty

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Game is about making the island into a populated village genius

I haven't touched or cared about AC since the gamecube, god damn does AC switch look good.

It's just me, or everything looks like plastic figurines?

It's almost like...... almost like................... like the point of the game is to build a village or something...................................whoa.........

this it's so colorful it's uncomfortable to look at they should lower the visual brightness and increase contrast

I think it looks like ANIMAL FUCKING CROSSING and that's all that matters. I don't know why you people literally /always/ have to find shit to complain about.

Attached: Animal Crossing.jpg (2560x1440, 536K)

For real I didn't know that. They showed the trailer and I was like "ok this is the beta that's why it looks empty". They didn't make it clear in the trailer.

it is 10 months from release and graphical improvements are generally some of the last things that go into games, so i wouldnt be worried unless it still looks like this by next year

Attached: no93zcw94rlz.jpg (1604x1738, 299K)

>we can create paths now without resorting to design patterns

Fucking finally my island is gonna look so nice

Don't get me wrong I love AC, I just found the visual reminder me of unreal engine games a bit.

The triangular grass texture that's become famous in Animal Crossing is barely present on the grass in New Horizons, which is a little disappointing

Waiting for someone's island to look like a gridded monstrosity

Attached: Barcelona_from_the_air_1.jpg (962x638, 443K)

Man I can't wait to play this!

Yeah this new paving system is nice.

Attached: Switch_AnimalCrossingNH_E3_screen_07.jpg (1920x1080, 570K)

Have you never played a fucking animal crossing game ever?

why does Nintendo do this shit? how haven't they been sued for false advertisement?

hold me bros
how and why did they make it look so good

Because they tell you that the game is still in development and subject to change.

I kind of hope that you can make paint to paint your house in a similar manner instead of hoping they have your color of roof in the store

It's everywhere. There are patches of it everywhere.

>monstrosity
Fuck you, the Eixample is amazing, the blocks are lush and easily navigable.
t. lived in Barcelona

i wish they hadn't decided to make the colors so desaturated

"Product is not final and subject to change"
Dumbass.

because the visuals actually improved?

that room looks so good

Is she inviting me for hot coffee?

Why is KK Slider so damn cool?

Attached: 125661515.jpg (1800x1800, 112K)

The top is also literally a single small area of about 100feet in area and that's the entire thing

>that one stripe of grass texture
what's the deal here guys? I want that everywhere, think you have to put it down?
Or maybe you mow it or something to make the flat grass

>rolling world
>equipment still takes up inventory space
Paving system is nice, and the drop in drop out multiplayer could be used for pack mules, making inventory space less of a premium. Still disappointed.

Who the fuck would sue them for IMPROVING the graphics?

That picture shows in improvement in the release version though. Better textures and shadows. You missed the point of that post.

I'll still fucking buy it.

I don't know what it is, but the text box really rubs me the wrong way. New Leaf's had so much character, with a better font and less plain background.

The textures are patchy. We've only seen the southern part of the island, the northern part looks like it may be elevated or unique based on the grid map.

Attached: grass.jpg (2560x1440, 570K)

>handsome (them brows)
>chill, confident, yet humble demeanor
>talented
He's got it all

>Top
SOUL
>Bottom
SOULLESS

>zones are better because ???

I can never get a straight answer from you faggots besides "w-well the original had it, it just FEELS better"
being able to see where you're going is absolutely a superior system

I've never played an Animal Crossing game but have recently bought a switch. Can I physically remove undesirables be they player characters or NPCs?

I unironically don't blame you. I think that trailer was pretty bad and gives a terrible impression of the game, the Treehouse stream helped a little but I still have no idea what they're doing.
Still, I'm still confidently hyped for this game. I think the game has a shit ton if features they haven't even glossed over.

I hope there are multiple varieties of path and not just the dirt. Give me some brick or cobblestones.

Ah I see, hmm
could use some ground clutter, I'd love to have bushes like in PG and the round dirt patches

The floor and wallpaper looks fucking beautiful in this image. Holy shit look at the wood.

There is realistically no inventory issues because who the fuck runs around with more than three tools tops? fishing/bug net for rare spawns, and then slingshot for gifts. Beginning of the day you might bring out the shovel to get all the fossils or w/e, and you might bring out the axe when you're landscaping. But you're not really just jogging around town with the watering can and the shovel and the axe and a fishing rod etc.

IT'S LITERALLY FUCKING POCKET CAMP AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1559938610763.jpg (463x472, 118K)

this, but reverse

This. Especially because the borders between the zones are totally fucky, especially when there are trees just off the edge of the screen which is obnoxious.

It looks nothing like pocket camp.

he plays in the nude

What game is the top? The mii artstyle is disgusting when mixed with the AC style. Holy shit he looks like a freak alien.

Attached: 1524507310024.gif (640x360, 926K)

The empty look is literally because they don't have triangles on the grass.

>You
FAGGOT

This. The colors needs more contrast.

Attached: 1538027695287.jpg (1920x1080, 1.33M)

hope they have multiple pavement styles

this is what the grass is supposed to look like.

Attached: grass.png (960x832, 1.39M)

>yfw since isabelle is in smash she won't be in the new animal crossing

Attached: goku-death.png (1024x576, 1.12M)

During the Treehouse stream they were walking around and there were a ton of different plants and weeds. I wish we have the bushes back though.

I'm getting claustrophobia from looking at this image

top looks retarded compared to the comfy game on the bottom

>could use some ground clutter

Got you covered.

Attached: Fall Ground Clutter.jpg (2560x1440, 604K)

>no timers
>gameplay isn't just fetch quests
>you have a whole island, which becomes a town
The only things it has in common with Pocket Camp are crafting and outside furniture.

why is it so square though lol

who's gonna move in Yea Forums town with me?

this really is a big improvement, how can we voice our concern?
Need grass texture too

the whole curvature thing where you can actually see how tiny the world is or whatever the effect is...is stupid as fuck.
Somehow it entirely destroys any feeling of getting lost in a virtual world is completely obliterates any desire I have to play this. Its a very weird choice for a sandbox game. It creates a sort of artifice that is always there when playing a sandbox game but it somehow makes it feel thrown in your face.

I don't know how to describe it better.

Yeah, everything is the same volume. It's going to look blaring on a TV.

t. filthy communist. not surprised since spaniards are commie cocksuckers

it's grid based
probably the 2nd best image from the trailer after the winter one

Grid system probably in place for placing items and whatnot. It's a good sacrifice.

LOOK AT THE RAIN ON THE WATER

Attached: Rain on water.jpg (2560x1440, 355K)

This game looks fucking amazing. I think it takes the eye of a game designer to see the how well made it all is. It's not that easy to make a game like this, that's why no one has ever done it.

Bottom looks better though

Because it still uses a tile system

>All that detail in New Horizon

Holy shit, can we get more direct screens?

lmao at the cope, of course a sonyqueer would sue nintendo for improving graphics, they make sony look bad

>hurr durr it not have mobile game mechanics
NO SHIT YOU FUCK, BUT IT LOOKS JUST AS BAD AND EMPTY AS POCKET CAMP
>hurr u have to fill in the town urself
GREAT WHY DON'T I MAKE THE CHARACTER DIALOGUES TOO??? WHY DON'T I JUST CODE THE FUCKING GAME AS WELL
YOU FUCKS WILL EAT SHIT IF IT HAS THE ANIMAL CROSSING LOGO ON IT

Attached: 1540516650520.jpg (3000x1687, 1.54M)

they aren't commieblocks you fucking retard

Attached: top-5-best-streets-to-see-in-barcelona-1-e1496650053124.jpg (650x488, 66K)

Fuck. The MK8 map looked fucking great how could they fuck this up so bad?

Now you have to deal with all the tiers of crafting materials though, inventory will fill fast as you go around gathering stuff.

Attached: acnh_treehouse_inven.png (1280x720, 1.13M)

Spam Nintendo's twitter telling them to. increase the contrast and to add more of

Attached: 1544072069974.jpg (2560x1440, 570K)

its about time, i hated putting patterns down for a nice path

and it's been that way since the second english released game so can you please leave the thread

looks like your greasy neet skin

>clean and smooth
More like sanitized and cartoony. Fuck you.

>getting this mad over having choices to what your village looks like
lol

What are you talking about, this looks like the most well designed game I have ever seen

Calm down user. What is it? You can tell me.

go play minecraft nigger

Attached: 1550103259360.jpg (2560x1440, 628K)

The new Animal Crossing is a fucking creating game?

Attached: 1558845074193.jpg (540x540, 58K)

It'll be available on Android/iOS too?

Except crafting is totally optional and should be taken slowly since this game works in real time.

>buzzwords
ugh...

No
it's still animal crossing
you can just also make things

It already is user!

Can't wait to explore this new Animal Crossing game with bright colors and aesthetic, god it looks so comfy and warm, I'm glad it doesn't look like this soulless fan game here. Hey by the way those mk8 AC tracks were pretty neat

>People unironically calling minimalistic, simple, undetailed textures an improvement

Attached: 4325235.jpg (500x555, 45K)

I never said I wanted the Zelda style screen transitions back. The rolling log serves no purpose other than obscuring everything in the distance, which could easily be accomplished by other means.

Except you're going to be carrying more tools now for the crafting shit.

>You want things like a city, dates with villagers, jobs, more house customization options, a non-retarded ways to buy stuff?
>Fuck you, you are building everything from scratch lmao

>MUH MINECRAFT
Seething

ahahahahahah this nigga gonna play a sandbox thinking it's animal crossdressing

>NEW GAME SOULLESS

You missed the treehouse stream?
youtu.be/858bJn1zEZI

Attached: acnh_treehouse_craft.png (1920x1080, 1.26M)

but couldn't they make is so that it'd be a little spread out many other games make is so that if two tiles are next to each other they change to fit something more natural

Luigi mansion 3 also looks drastically better now than they initially showed

The last three major AC releases have literally been about building the town up from nothing.

well you like BUILDING in an EMPTY ISLAND, don't you? then why the fuck wait???????????

>early game tools have durability
>wasting rod durability every time you catch a sea bass
can I cook and eat the bastards this time

Attached: 1522726093663.jpg (829x710, 47K)

Animal Crossing never looked complex and realistic, you fucking retard.

I tried making the image comfier in gimp

Attached: edit.jpg (1920x1080, 2.23M)

That's because you have shit taste.

inb4 theres an object limit you can place on the island, otherwise im going to go full retard and cover the island in beds

every animal crossing from the beginning has been a sandbox

it's the eyebrows

Try to rephrase that, ESL-kun.

Lads, I cannot WAIT to play this new AC game with all these colors and warm aesthetic, perfect for a brand new AC game on the Nintendo Switch. I'm so glad it isn't like this soulless fan made unity game here with blandness and that white filter all switch games have.

btw have any of you played mk8 dlc tracks of AC? if these -TRACKS- look so good, imagine what the OFFICIAL game will look like

Attached: MarioKart8-AnimalCrossing.png (763x421, 679K)

Isn’t all Animal Crossing literally the same thing over and over again? I got New Leaf out of curiosity and got bored pretty fast. What’s the hook?

i wanna barf

NINTENDO

Nice piss filter

My only issue is the fucking bloom filter that most switch games have reeeeeeeeeee

It looked good in MK8 and the OP.

thank fuck shes gone

Attached: AC_Isabelle_7XU6aGu.17345b1513ac044897cfc243542899dce541e8dc.9afde10b.png (800x779, 103K)

they could change the models to be more natural looking within the square by using different one's depending on what surround it

I don't like how zoomed in it is, hopefully that's changed.

>those trees
>better looking than the ones in New Horizon
Nobody can be this blind.

Considering it seems like you only craft at the bench that's in your house I don't really see an issue. It's not different from going fishing with the rod in your hand and bringing back 20 fish. Now I'll go chopping with an axe in my hand and bring back 20 stacks of wood.

furries will play anything with anthro animals

Please define the buzzwords that were used or accept that you are a dumb poltardredditreseteradilatehavesexboy

its the guitar

nigga find a clearer shot, those are just paper thin textured layered on top of each other

Also finding new items sometimes gets you new recipes, and villagers can give you recipes too.

Attached: acnh_treehouse_recipe get.png (1920x1080, 1.81M)

I never said it looked bad.

Attached: 1495749839625.jpg (611x548, 69K)

None of you play or go look at MK8 AC tracks, you will cry how much better they look than what we're getting. It is fucking unreal. This better look better by launch

Attached: MK8_Animal_Crossing_DLC-1.jpg (5120x2048, 1.89M)

replanting trees is an amazing feature

Do you mean they could change the grass models to fit a more circular or natural form? Yeah, I guess. I don't think it's a big deal either way. Still looks nice.

can i build a concentration camp in it? thats all that matters

The only "new tool" we've even seen was that silly water jumping pole.

I never said it did. There's a difference between "stylized" and "minimalistic", it's not black and white between realism and minimalism.

>That one Nintendo employee who is obsessed with Hawaii and forces it into every game he can

Attached: Nintendo obsessed with Hawaii.png (437x725, 570K)

delete this right fucking now, I'm already coping about this, THIS HAS TO BE THE PERFECT AC GAME. Please delete this.

Attached: WiiU_MK8DLC2_040115_Scrn171.jpg (5120x2880, 2.53M)

*jingles behind you*

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-11 at 9.53.09 PM.png (1039x478, 386K)

My mum will enjoy this.

It's just Japan in general whose obsessed with Hawaii.

Some Nintendo fans will literally eat anything Nintendo throws at them.
Pokemon fans, Zelda fans and Animal Crossing fans are some of those fanbases.

Literally soul. Why couldn't Animal Crossing for the Switch look like this?

>japs love america
>hawaii is the closest part of america to japan
>japs love hawaii

>tfw dreamed the AC game on switch would look like these
>turns out soulless as all hell

How did they turn AC soulless, it's almost an impossible fucking feat, it's the most pure series in gaming

Attached: 10991121-18.jpg (800x450, 542K)

It looks extremely comfy. I can't believe I'm going to finally buy a switch for animal crossing. Well, that and BoTW2

Just imagine all the cool areas you can create now that furniture can be anywhere... And I'm sure there will be more than just the island as an option, it's called New Horizons, emphasis on the S.

Attached: fall.jpg (736x1005, 172K)

Bruh japan has a 3 mile long INDOOR beach. They fucking love hawaii.

Hawaii is Japan's home away from home.

>he considers one of the worst MK8 tracks to be soul
cringe

here's one without the eidos filter

Attached: round 2.jpg (1920x1080, 1.93M)

Oh my god this just made it so clear what's wrong with the visuals
It's the color depth
Everything is so desaturated and low-contrast, there aren't darker and lighter patches of grass or even really any shading on buildings

why the fuck does this even work?

Attached: e5eefed57806d98a91c9751539e83a66.png (570x611, 633K)

...Ok, admittedly, seeing them side by side like this does show some of the flaws in New Horizons. Hopefully it changes by launch a little.

If you can choose to not have her this is a 10/10 game.

How much you enjoy animal crossing is proportional to how much your hate your life. It's escapism.

>top
>actually gameplay
no, there's never that many villagers in a given area. Most of the time it's like 3-4 villagers outside, and others are in their bug/fish/shirt filled houses.

there needs to be an iq requirement for posting on this website

There very clearly are different color patches of grass though?

looks like shit

Attached: ECH.png (633x545, 514K)

The game is still in development till next year breys

hey lads remember mk8 ac? yeah just thought I'd drop this here, don't worry about it

This new official game will look much better, I'm sure, right? I mean, there is no way in HELL a silly dlc racing track game will get the tone of AC better than the official game

hmmmmmmmmm

Attached: DaZgLYOW4AALg-J.jpg (1200x675, 145K)

No opossum
No buy

Attached: 1546633825834.jpg (563x422, 45K)

No. It's perfect.

Brain damage

reminds me of BotW, someone at Nintendo needs a slapping for it.

why does this look so good

Faggot

That was just one MK track.
Nintendo won't ever do something that carefully crafted for a full game again.
Seriously they don't need to. The fanbase eat everything they are given no matter the quality.

Looks great but it's not AC.

>tfw nintendo hired that man

Attached: [molesting stops].gif (227x221, 967K)

Well they could use alpha blending so texture transitions aren't so harsh.

Attached: 2v3nd3a.jpg (1024x640, 80K)

This is how I feel. I started to see the potential after watching the trailer again, especially in the second half.

Who here HYPED for the new official AC game?

I don't know why people keep posting this weird fan made version it's gonna look like this, right?

Attached: dmow3plhj4kuzwmbpci0.gif (636x358, 2.13M)

if you really care, spam their twitter with these MK8 images, instead of spamming them here

>You want things like a city
No, ac is about comfy countryside towns

>dates with villagers
Absolutely not, that sounds ridiculous

ALRIGHT user, we get it, fucking hell. It doesn't look as good as the MK8 tracks.

>harsh

okay. that's not how AC looks.

Animal Crossing is the one series that really illustrates all the reasons Nintendo has sucked so much ass since the Gamecube. It has so much potential but what they've been doing is essentially remaking the same game over and over again for different systems.

>He doesn't want a city with actual things to do.
I bet you don't even want the NES games back, faggot.

for the same reason you can fit a dresser in your pockets

>remaking the same game over and over again for different systems

Name one game that isn't just an iteration of a past game.

AC has undergone incremental improvements throughout its history.

>still going with the dumb rotated world gimmick

Attached: donut.jpg (500x353, 22K)

Is grass wear gone because HOLY FUCK who thought that was a good idea

the NES games are never coming back.

Seriously? It was made pretty obvious and even mentioned at the start of the trailer.

hope that every furniture is'nt tied to the crafting shit

knowing their lazyness a good chunk of content is gonna be cut

Wild world, city folk and new leaf

Sadly.

Never played Animal Crossing before. Looks kinda cute.

seems like it, given you can make paths manually
there were examples of uncraftable furniture in the treehouse segment

except in writing.
The NoA TLs for the first game were too good, when the literal TLs finally won over it was all downhill.

Considering that you can make your own paths, probably. Either that or we're getting another nuclear wasteland like city folk

I agree there.

just look at this seething faggot

This is going to be my first Animal Crossing game. I never owned Nintendy consoles before.

Attached: 1559633655551.gif (840x488, 511K)

i actually like the games art style but the snow looks like shit here. that said, the colors are fine, i've never been a fan of high contrast aesthetics.

You really have to start from scratch in this game? I've never played AC before but it seemed cool how there was already a town when you started out.

Dont like crafting systems.
Do like some form of progression that isnt just collecting things.
Do like more customizable building.

I'm not a huge fan of animal crossing but I'll probably get this, at least after more info is revealed.

>You've seen a few shots on a bright sunny summer day.
>Wait until you get a dark stormy night.
It's like we're really in a Cyberpunk thread

IF someone designed a high fantasy area that was like this, someone would call it unrealistic I guarantee it.

It's called fucking Animal Forest in Japan, fuck off with your cities please.

I wanted an animal crossing game with no rolling log world, and buildings that could actually face more than one direction. This fucking sucks.

Attached: 1544519531815.png (629x758, 715K)

Hey, thanks for this.

(You)

you'll love it, i'm sure of it!

I would have liked a change from the log too but it isn't a dealbreaker for me.

Boo hoo.

GOOD!

Did you watch the trailer? The timelapse shot near the river looked fantastic.

New Leaf was already insanely soulless

People are saying this, but a lot of emphasis is being put on the whole "deserted island" thing. Even the logo has the island.

Attached: 1541734417166.png (773x943, 624K)

And yet every single time people panic and start talking shit because things look different and they don't like it

Something just feels missing or empty when I look at this. It's too blended, so the empty space looks uninteresting.

the sky is literally fucking overcast you moron

if anything it would be darker

You've still got quite a while. Try emulating an older one.

I like the idea of Founding a town but the game makes it seem more like just an island resort that you rented.
I don't like that.

comfy

could use a bridge to the right, a beach chair and umbrella, and some shells scattered about. Maybe a sandcastle. All of which I imagine are possible.

>the game makes it seem more like just an island resort that you rented
how so?

>delayed
Good. Only good developers delay games in the current cashgrab ecosystem.

The intro trailer. Says you just purchased a resort package from Tom Nook.

>Nintendo won't ever do something that carefully crafted for a full game again
People have been saying shit like that for years, way before MK8 (or its DLC) were even a thing yet. Relax. This is the equivalent of "Nintendo will turn bankrupt/third party any year now!" There are plenty of soulless things they pump out, so not everything is perfect, but there are still plenty of carefully crafted things they make

The map is also tiny as fuck.
It's smaller than a New Leaf town.

>That slight hint of fur
Oh my fucking GOD, this game is gonna be so cute.

how do you know? That would kind of suck, I mean the only way to make it not feel like an island resort would be to make it have a big map. Though I haven't seen the treehouse I probably wouldn't think they would use a full map for that unless they showed a tiny map and said "this is the full size map"

That's objectively not true. This map is 6x6 acres. The outer tiles are mostly water sure, but that still leaves a 5x5 acre map at least. For reference, City Folk was 5x5, New Leaf was 4x5, WW was 4x4, and the original game for the N64/GC was a whopping 5x6. IF you were to count water acrest, it's bigger than Pouplation Growing.

Attached: 1560285260718.png (775x593, 697K)

Water grandpa is gonna be so thrilled.
Too bad we won't know since Miiverse is ded.

Just from watching the treehouse.
The island map shown is incredibly small, and they reinforce that you're just there to help build an island resort.
It's just a playground like Pocket Camp. Not a legitimate town.
What an awful setting.

I am so going to live in those highlands, and cover everything in trees

proofs
give me the times in the stream

like I said, they might not be using a full map in order to demo the game more effectively. Unless they outright state it the map might be bigger than it is now.

inb4 isabelle shows up in a one piece swimsuit when she reads about how lovely your island has become

I feel like there's still a lot more to this game that we haven't been told yet. It seems too early to write off the game just yet based on what we've seen.

Literally the first section when Tom Nook is talking and after that.

link the "It is not a real town" part

Beaches aren't aesthetically pleasing to have houses on (makes no sense putting a house in sand) so for me it's more like 4x4

:33

They’ll probably change it like they did with New Leaf

>all these obnoxious faggots spamming instead of just discussing stuff you'd fix, add, like, and dislike
When did Animal Crossing threads become this infested? What did it to do deserve that?

user just look at your picture, tom nook's place almost cover an acre

It literally got announced today, things will normalize.

I think it's pretty obvious that what we're shown isn't everything the game has, there's no shops. Clearly there'll be some means of major renovation, along with the terraforming that was mentioned.

>Chore Simulator 2020 is going to be GOTY

OH NO NO NO NO NO

It's also empty if you watched the gameplay. Implying that it will eventually be filled with somehting, probably shops when you unlock them.

Has anyone done some comparisons based on the gameplay footage from E3? Might be able to come up with a more accurate ratio. I'd like to see how moving from point A to point B is reflected on the map.

>Actually arguing over AC graphics
May as well make a thread about Farmville

He's a klansman

You mean the NES that was in the version without a city?

I'm slowly warming up to the game a little the more I think about it, but holy fucking shit I hope that Nook Miles don't end up being MTX and that the shop menus aren't a permanant thing.

What's with all the hate towards resource gathering?
If anything, it adds a lot more to the game since the economy is now more complex than "just catch bugs to buy everything".

>Freya up top
Sexy wolf SPOTTED

fuck could I get a screenshot of that I can't watch rn

where?

The miles are obviously just a means of rewarding "achievements" like the CAT points. There is absolutely zero chance that there will be microtransactions, even Nintendo isn't dumb enough to think that would fly.

user... Your dick is so lovely~

Attached: tumblr_ou1ch0W3Dk1ta3s3bo1_400.png (400x521, 124K)

I'm feeling nice today. Yeah, it's just a message board in the corner and Nook's tent in the other corner, likely something goes down in the center.

Attached: thereyougo.png (1920x1080, 2.05M)

I love animal crossing so much and will buy the game day one but I get indie unity game feels from it. Like my time at Portia, it’s a good game but the big soulless world and cell shading is just meh

When are they going to announce the wild kinky sex you can have with the villagers?

Don't get in the way of Nintendautism

That's pretty expansive. Thanks for helping me out user, I really do appreciate it.

Attached: large_waifu2x_art_noise0_scale_tta_1_waifu2x_art_noise0_scale_tta_1.png (2000x1356, 3.4M)

Tbh I wouldn’t mind micro transactions, building massive golden thrones to lord over the free to play peasants.

Yeah its all good. It looks to be the size of town square, so I imagine important events will happen there too? Who knows.

they should have shown a more developed town, they only showed little clips which besides it looking nice so far in dev i hardly know anything about this game for certain.

I want him to play outside again.

LET ME DATE THE ANIMALS AAAAAA

>that still leaves a 5x5 acre map at least
user. look at the map. only 4x4 is fully land. the border acres are at least half water, sometimes 3/4 water. You forgot to subtract one from *each* side.

this is 4.5x4.5 at best. It's small.

not happening outside of chilling at their houses.

Did they talk about the interactions at all? Can we date the villagers yet?

well we saw that the full size of that Nook square is smaller than the screen, so extrapolating from that my professional verdict is that the map is FUCKING TINY

>terraforming that was mentioned

uhh source?

Honestly this could be the best AC game or the worst, the concept could be golden if done correctly but will drag down everything people loved about the series if they don't. I trust Nogami but he is playing his cards way to damn close to his chest for this game, hopefully there'll be more info in the next two days of streams.

Imagine being this much of a beta that you want to pay extra money in a $60 game to taunt people who aren't retards.

Attached: 345352353.gif (675x227, 73K)

>Tilt shift that isn't completely ridiculous
That's pretty nice.

I wonder what having a bunch of lloids across the island singing along with a song would be like

Attached: 1458349300013.jpg (299x276, 10K)

I see what you mean man, but even 4x4 isn't the end of the fucking world. Wild World is regarded as one of the better AC games and that is 4x4 and fucking flat. And who knows if expansion exists, there could be terraforming options in the late game.

he's talking out his ass. probably got the pathmaking feature mixed up somehow.

The villagers and that sweater have a slight fuzziness to them that looks nice. Almost like yoshi's crafted world but not as pronounced, more detailed than the previous games.

Attached: Switch_AnimalCrossingNH_E3_screen_04.jpg (1920x1080, 366K)

meant for

this

I still don't like the taller player character. Loses it's charm

The english font does look kind off compared to the jp font though.

Attached: 00001619_10.jpg (820x461, 90K)

>Recruiter
So basically Tom Nook plays the role of Isabelle, at least in regards to the public works. Get him to recruit a special NPC to set up shop on your island. That's actually an important feature we didn't know about till now, Isabelle or not.

Why is it that this game does the desaturated, low-contrast style well, but botw and the new luigi's mansion look muddy and flat as fuck?

Yeah, they've got almost a full year to add/change things.
As it seems like the basics of the game are in a good spot. Assuming that was all actually live footage in the treehouse.

That has been a thing since New Leaf.

>i hardly know anything about this game for certain.

That's kinda the point for all these trailers. Show just enough and then let fans go wild with speculation and hyping themselves up.

>inb4 half of Yea Forums makes the main road on the minimap look like a giant swastika

Because it doesn't, even remotely.

I'd rather have Tom Nook fill that role than Isabelle, I like Isabelle and all but Tom Nook is the better character and honestly would be a better mascot

this really shows that they should have shown some more developed towns, they literally showed us the start of the game and thats it so all i walked away with is ok lol i guess theres crafting and i guess it looks nice.

>half of Yea Forums makes their roads into swastikas
>the other half makes them into dicks

Post yfw she's 100% optional

Attached: basedvillager.png (370x370, 16K)

Yea Forums 2013:
>god i fucking hate depth of field!
Yea Forums 2019:
>why did they get rid of depth of field? fucking nintendo!

I think that's just DOF

It bugged the shit out of me when she did that wrong. If you are going to put in the effort to dig the hole you might as well dig both of them.
0/10 worst E3 gameplay moment.

THOT STATUS: PATROLLED

Attached: 1517982924160.jpg (377x567, 19K)

It's the lack of textures. The grass only has the iconic triangle pattern in small patches.

I hope they fill out textures and make it maximum cozy by launch

Opossums are literal niggers who won’t stop trying to sneak into my garage.
If I never saw one living before I’d probably think they were cute, but IRL they’re fucking annoying and nasty fuckers.

wait this is from new horizon?? Looks comfy as fuck. Why is everyone complaining? You get to make it as comfy as you want it.

Can't wait to play this with some warm hot cocoa, wrapped in a blanket on a cold snowy Winter's day.

Oh shit, I just noticed that she has actual hooves. We movie art style now.

>toolbox
I hope neighbors can change their furniture ans layout in this game.

Mostly because they only showed the bare-ass flat green blank slate of the start of the game. Hopefully they show some slightly later-game stuff at the next two Treehouse showcases.

I feel like it's a "cart before the horse" situation. The other games establish the setting first and then the features from the setting, but in this case it seems the entire game is based on the feature of town-building without establishing the setting.

I wouldn’t even be surprised

This. The original theme of AC was about being a normal person moving in to an established community. They've completely stomped on this vision since NL.

I looked at the video and found that the nook area is about 8x9 tiles. With some paint skills, I have found that the map is about 81x72 tiles large

Attached: nook X nook.png (772x593, 271K)

I absolutely agree with you, and I think this setting CAN work but I feel that the delayed development is because they were thinking too hard about what features they wanted instead of developing linearly, so they have to keep going back and fixing this.

Fucking disgusting. I hope she gets some shitty minor role so we never have to use her

>traps you on an isle he secretly owns and makes you pay out the ass for each tile

>No Isabelle
>Not one mention of amiibo or Pocket Camp
This game has surpassed my expectations already.

This doubly so because of the build ur own fucking town mentality, i mean showing someone a fresh start in new leaf would be boring to this looks even worse though because the game wants u too build it up.

Attached: tumblr_psytgmo8871u1y91co1_1280.png (1017x1210, 322K)

>rolling log comes back
>people complain about it
Are you actually trying to find things to complain about? Do you have nothing else to do?

It's just going to be there so you can have more access to crafting.

I dislike that building is forced now. I tolerated the option in New Leaf because it was optional and a lot of players enjoyed it, but making it obligatory from the word go unless you want a barren shithole kind of sucks.

reminder the game's still 9 months until it's out, they'll give a deeper look in another direct

They're most likely going to show us the endgame potential when we're closer to release, but I feel like they flubbed up the initial announcement by focusing on how empty the base town looks.

It's mostly a matter of lighting and textures. I'm not sure if developers will improve on the game to actually match the MK8 track, but it's certainly doable with what we've seen so far.

And the Japanese title, "atsumare doubutsu no mori" has a little palm tree in the logo.
It's over, senpaitachi.

Attached: doubutsu.png (320x115, 26K)

Wtf the rolling world is charming

I was referring to the neighbors toolbox. I'm hoping it implicates that they can change their decor as well (within limits of their house's theme).

Are those the standard clothes for those villagers or am I seeing them actually change their outfit according to weather?

lol

I found this with my google-fu:

Wild World: 4096 tiles
New Leaf: 5120 tiles
City Folk: 6400 tiles
N64 and Gamecube games:7680 tiles

so if your estimate is close, we're at ~5,832 tiles for New Horizons. Underwhelming given the hardware capability. I feel like GCN sized town would have been reasonable.

>Only slightly bigger than NL

Are you fucking serious? That sucks.

>Minecraft invented resources
>every game with crafting is minecraft
Play some other games you fucking casuals.

That's because the Japanese title of the series is Animal Forest. The tree is thematic.

Are people just in on a doomposting meme or some shit? The new AC looked fine, especially considering it's still got another 10 months till it's out.

this also illustrates something that has been irritating me all day: what's up with the god damn river? It splits - river bifurcation is not typical at all. Where it does it come from? Rivers never flow ocean to ocean.

They're cute and misunderstood

Attached: 1554956162130.jpg (1080x810, 150K)

>NPCs
Yes
>PCs
Players can only come into your village usually if you allow them to in the first time.

Yes, and palm trees are tropical island trees.
Because the game takes place entirely on an island.
There will be no choice of location.

I can kind of understand the need for a smaller island if you can place an object on each and every square. But it is still disappointing.

What would you do if you were in that situation, Yea Forums?

Damn. I would say to bitch at Ninty for bigger islands (it worked for Mario Maker 2 online with friends), but the majority of people don't seem to care.

top = soul
bottom = soulless

I would fuck the SHIT out of that fluorescent deer

Stick around, enjoy some coffee and pleasant conversation, and see where things went from there.

it feels like every single animal crossing game gets more and more bright and colorful, it's getting a tad hard to even look at because it is SO bright.

Fuck crafting

Why

agreed. crafting games are for zoomzooms

Attached: guesswho.jpg (328x450, 23K)

Is that width right?

Attached: acnh_treehouse_na3.png (1920x1080, 1.99M)

they're eating the ticks in your yard and are incapable of getting rabies, least you could fucking do is give them a place to rest you shit

Now I understand the reply chain. Yes, there's no doubt it's nothing but a deserted island, but we'll no doubt be able to connect to another island or something. Interconnectedness seems to be a key theme here, and allowing 8 players on a relatively small island would be silly if you couldn't travel between them freely.

I would hang around for a bit, probably ask her to play a bit, then fuck her senseless

Rolling log is disappointing but it looks neat otherwise. I hope they make villager dialogue not ass like it was in New Leaf.

>Animal Crossing comes out with a delay and some questionable aspects
>Luigi's Mansion 3 turns out to be fucking great
I honestly didn't expect it.

I am counting 11 wide.

>I would fuck the SHIT out of that fluorescent deer
that's about the response i think everyone was expecting.

>Obtaining items is more complex than "catch island bugs ad infinitum"
>This is a bad thing
I honestly don't get the hate for the crafting system aside from "Games I don't like have crafting so that means crafting is universally bad as a concept".

I would ask on how many humans she's seen before, as they seem to be rare in this universe

You can do it with just one hole but you've got to line it up perfectly, she got greedy and impatient. Was definitely poor form.

Blessed image.

thats because the core mechincs of luigis mansion are solid and there not changing them there just adding on to it, animal crossing has gotten to the point where they need to change the formula up but dont quite know how to do it while still maintaining the same feel.

Generally grinding for resources is irritating and time consuming, especially when they're season locked, and that's not something people enjoy in a laid-back game like Animal Crossing. People are also spooked about crafting from how shit the mobile game is, too.

using these two pictures and my autism as a guide, I have produced a rough real-size width of the island

Attached: 9nookswide.jpg (5760x360, 556K)

i should pre face that i know so little about this game like luigis mansions trailer actually explained the game well, animal crossings kinda struggled to and the tree house gameplay was slightly worse at it.

It looks shit compared to pic related

Attached: C259D1B0-59F5-4182-8F24-8D72D673E909.png (900x900, 1.53M)

Exact opposite is needed. It had zero detail. The triangle textures have it soul

God the art direction in this game is fucking kino. New Leaf can't compare at all.

it didn't help that the translator said UMMM between every word during the animal crossing segment

god damn it
>tfw no AC:PG texture/music pack for every AC game

honestly the gamecube one still has the most soul, i mean i like the 3ds one just because of how portable it is. Seriously though the music had the most soul in the gamecube one.

>Generally grinding for resources is irritating and time consuming
Resource gathering was already a thing in Animal Crossing though, that's how you get bells. The only people I can see being irritated by this are people who cheat their money in.
>especially when they're season locked
I'm doubtful many items will have season locked resources, aside from maybe the standard season locked event items.
>People are also spooked about crafting from how shit the mobile game is
This is fair, because Pocket Camp's crafting system is absolute cancer, but given there's no timer and no word of a timer it's immediately far better. The only downside is if future items end up having Pocket Camp's absurd resource requirements like 500 wood to make a table, but I'm doubtful that this will be the case.

Basically I think people are adjusting to the fact that there hasn't been a proper AC game at anything higher than 480p max on the Wii. This is just as populated as New Leaf, but since it's much more zoomed out you're seeing the gaps that were always there.

This is of course assuming that you cannot expand in any way. If you can buy access to a just one more island of even half the size it'll blow every other game out of the water.
I'm hoping that's the case.

9PM is my favorite
I have a browser plugin that plays the song for the current hour when I turn it on

Attached: ANIMAL1.webm (1280x720, 2.91M)

I'm nervous about the soundtrack. The music in the trailer was decent, but the horn will be grating if it's in the majority of the hour tunes.

and I hope to god they don't fuck up on the level that yoshi's crappy world did

I'll never understand why they just kept the rolling pin. It's not like it saves resources compared to a static top-down view. The view in the Gamecube version is just flat-out better.

Or just a fucking free camera, for the love of god.

Attached: Squid.webm (1280x720, 2.22M)

is that the shadow of a cloud on the right there? That's pretty soulful
Trees are shaking a bit fast but I like the sentiment

I suppose they kind of count as "resources", but I meant ones from cutting down trees and rocks and things being potentially limited. But it's as you say, it might not be so bad, as things like fruit have always been limited too. They just have to balance it properly, which is what I'm worried about.

I'd tolerate the NL soundtrack again even if it wasn't anywhere near as good as WW/CF and I'd prefer that one. I feel like the old soundtrack fits the tropic island better. I hope they don't fuck it up.

Are we not gonna talk about how realistic this squid looks?

Attached: IMG_20190611_203417.jpg (1920x1080, 202K)

Attached: Fire.webm (1280x720, 2.7M)

>cloud shadows are soulful
Now you're just being a shill.

You can place furniture anywhere now at least, if you want themed islands do it yourself.
I named my NL town Moonside so I guess I'm onligated to do that as best I can now, huh?

do not bully me for the things that I feel user

Honestly, watching Nogami demo the game, it was clear as fuck he'd rather be working on Splatoon 3. I think it's about time they formed a brand new team for Animal Crossing and let Nogami's crew stick with Splatoon. The guy just doesn't seem interested in anything else at the moment.

Attached: 1543710126982.jpg (1024x1024, 93K)

Does anyone else think the walk animation looks janky? The stop-start is really awkward.

I'm not sure if anyone else caught it on the Treehouse stream, but it seems we're back to limited amounts of emotions again.

Imagine these but with a first person camera option
FUCK

Attached: 1473228124428.gif (436x376, 2.22M)

Another comparison. Seems about 11. Adjusting that calculation makes it more like the other games in size.

Attached: acnh_nookwidth.png (1920x1080, 2M)

It's because there is no walking. There's running and there's sprinting, so the speed and animation transitions look way off since you can start and stop on a dime.

question about weather, do any of the animal crossing games have thunderstorms?

definitely looks bigger than 8 or 9

Bottom looks better. There's not a large tree to cast neat shadows, but bottom doesn't use the triangles for grass and wallpaper printed dirt, and the models have clearly less to them in the top where they almost look paper mache with how low poly they are in this hi res world.

yes
I think they all do

I'm fairly sure they all do, along with lightning.

What is the top edge? Some kind of rocky cliff face?
Would've been better to have a beach all around so you could at least watch the sunset

I hope we can plenty of villagers on the island and that they have a system to keep them from moving away.

>sun setting in the north

Attached: b7d.png (200x200, 13K)

Who gives a shit about graphics on an Animal Crossing game. They all look and play the same.

Who said thats the north? And who said this game takes place on Earth?

just checking, got woken up by a storm at 9 am and am currently playing new leaf where it's only been cloudy at worst hate living in florida

BUT THEY ADDED PHONES!

Pretty sure the AC sun sets at the top of the screen

The Wii U screen just had a shadow map under the tree and a depth of field effect in the background. The models are all taken from New Leaf minus their 3DS-specific shaders so they look flat. They’re also low poly. Texture resolution is low.

Switch version looks objectively and noticeably better

>phones are the biggest change user can think of

All this is well and good, but are they going to bring back the absolute SOUL from the original that was the sound of rain pattering on an umbrella if you have one up?

>mfw hearing it for the first time in PG

>north is always "up"

Miis are playable? I'm definitely getting this shit then

North being up is cartography 101

Rivers flow from mountains, so it had to be done for realism

Assuming the height is still 8 tiles... we're looking at around 6,480 or 7,128 tiles. (10x wide and 11x wide respectively)

Not as bad as initially thought. Do you have the autism to create a graphic with this info? Would be nice to have to post whenever.

I can't imagine there being too few resources, they seemed to be pretty much infinite, with the limitation being that the tools you start with are finite.

The top image looks way better. It looks way more faithful and it has better shading. Bottom image looks like a generic mobile game.

So which is a more irritating mistake, the map not having north as up, or the sun rising in the North and setting in the South?

But that in itself would be a problem, considering that incremental progression is a big charm for AC and essentially the core of its gameplay. Like I said, needs to be very well balanced to be a "daily" game rather than a "binge for 6 months and finish" game

Kinda an unfair comparison since the top picture isn't gameplay footage

Exactly. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

If someone had posted the bottom image alone I would have assumed it was a mobile game.

>even Animal Crossing is coming out
>no news of a new Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons for switch

feels bad hmbros

My current theory is that there'll be some endgame equivalents which give you larger amounts of items, or possibly rarer items (maybe a pickaxe which makes rocks more likely to drop ores). I'd be surprised if there weren't some rarer materials as well, which could be more likely to drop with later-game tools.

aNUmal crossing
fucking unity engine shit

Height does seem to be 8.

Attached: acnh_nookheight.png (1920x1080, 1.81M)

I would spit in her eye and denounce her for acting as if she is anything more than a filthy animal, and then i'd fuck her

For people who are worried about Retail/Museum, check out this article

ign.com/articles/2019/06/12/is-isabelle-in-animal-crossing-new-horizons-yes-e3-2019

This pretty much confirms that as you upgrade your house, Nook will scout out new facilities to add to the island.

>no news of a new Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons for switch
There is. I guess it's not quite what you want though.
youtube.com/watch?v=v0wqz3s4V80

>shape grass only in small clusters
Hmmmmmmmmm nope don't like that

>Museum not immediately available
That's just retarded

I-it doesn't count user

but seriously why would they do this BEFORE a mainline

>game forces you to unlock the best character

Attached: sable2.png (275x275, 126K)

It’s a fair compromise at least

Attached: 0EFB37CE-2338-48B3-96CA-EF77949A0F23.png (697x600, 407K)

>object limit you can place on the island
Oh fuck. Given the switche's shit capabilities that's a very real possibility

HOLY FUCK NO
NO
IF I WANTED TO PLAY MINECRAFT I'D FUCKING PLAY MINECRAFT

ign.com/articles/2019/06/12/nintendo-confirms-new-details-about-multiplayer-in-animal-crossing-new-horizons-e3-2019
>8 player houses
>island shared across 8 accounts on one system
>can't make multiple islands

>every game where you make things from stuff you find IS LITERALLY MINECRAFT

Attached: 1556127251638.jpg (329x256, 18K)

All of the objects in these shots have so much detail, it looks nice.

what's described here is a little more reassuring. cautiously optimistic about the game despite my hatred for crafting mechanics.

where the fug do they expect us to put everything?

>read up on it
>HM with an actual main story by a developer who liked Back to Nature

....mite b cool....

I love Nogami

So you're creating your own island / town from scratch? That means there's actually a goal to playing other than paying that jew Nook off.

>it's another "LITERALLY NO FUCKING SPACE FOR ANYTHING" game despite making things being its main appeal

thanks

fornite graphics lmao

Yea Forums used to love Isabelle and now she's become too popular so you guys have to shit in her. Smash has poisoned AC and you're all sick.

Also, why is there no split-screen mode for multiplayer? At least as an option you can enable? The "host" thing is dumb.

Good thing i don't have 8 friends. Or any fr that matter so this isn't a problem for me

Attached: Goodbye.png (645x1260, 440K)

>can't make multiple islands
damn, that's a shame. especially with the other article describing how you can choose to not upgrade for a different vibe. Like have one outdoorsy camping island and one very developed town/city island. That would have been cool.

I wonder if there will be a feature similar to sell your town where you can island hop to a new island permanently and start over with some bells and recipes in your pocket

I'll play with you, user!

Guys I literally cannot cope with how fucking horrible this looks.

No you won't; let me lament my loneliness

Don't be a debbie downer!

go to bed user

crafting aside, I'm moderately excited, it looks top comfy
i want to to relive the days I spent playing AC on the Cube again

Attached: 1516304415446.png (636x900, 1000K)

I never liked that shill dog and Smash has only made me hate her more

Attached: 1556572574022.png (848x736, 1.26M)

>Wah not enough triangles in my grass
>wahh textures too smooth
>SOULLESS SOULLESS!!!
It looks fine you fucking cunt.

Have they disconfirmed romance yet? Furries need to be gassed.

is this gonna be the sticker star of animal crossing

Multiple islands as in multiple save files. Can't make completely separate villages. Within the game we don't yet know if you can upgrade the island size or visit some other type of island/city.

Why didn't you like her? She's cute yellow dog who's always nice to you, what's not to like?

looks like ugly low budget unity shit hacked together by Digipen grads for facebook. Animal Crossing used to actually look good for it's generation. Sad to see nintendo ruining their own legacy.

As a furry that doesn't want romance I resent that

Nu AC fanbase has taken over after NL and will buy anything with the AC brand so if it is, sadly no

No during the treehouse gameplaythey said that intimacy was a big request for many fans and want to implement some kind of system for that

>looks like ugly low budget unity shit hacked together by Digipen grads for facebook
it literally doesn't

I’ve always loved her but I do think her representation is a bit much desu
I’m glad Tom Nook is back at the center of this one

Attached: D3852DB2-EEA2-4BA3-B855-2FCC866D7327.gif (320x240, 72K)

Isabelle sucks because you can basically reduce AC to 'muh isabelle' and you'd be 100% correct, ignoring all the villager and home building aspects of the game

>As a furry

Attached: bren.jpg (1288x725, 54K)

Well tell your friends to stop shitting up the way people look at you fags.

I have more guns than you

There's a reason i don't have friends.

I can't wait for max comfy summer nights on the beach by the bonfire with my best villager bros. I hope I get Drake or Sally or Agent S in my village. I want to look out at the ocean sunset and get totally immersed and pretend like I have the life that I never got to experience growing up.

it's actually got a lot of detail to it and looks nice.

let's be honest, it's cute but it also looks kinda cheap

it will be a reputation grinding system where you farm shit to give to villagers you like till it fills a meter.

I want actual questlines with actual characters thanks. The villagers aren't randomly generated, they all have premade names so they should theoretically have personalities and histories as well.

Then off yourself with one.

why don't you come try something user

They fucked up with the E3 Direct in only showing the start of the game. You eventually build out the whole town, and you can also place furniture outside now I think. The Direct made it seem like your just alone dicking around on an island.

I still expect the villagers to be bland nothing characters and pale in comparison to the GCN one.

It's painted on detail, i want actual texture thanks.

They did mention a gift system but they implied that doing activities with them is will be more important in getting affinity related dialogue and character specific flavour text

what are we expecting max villager count to be? I'm hoping at least 10.

Okay then I will bitch. I've killed 100s of men during sandstorm and was a one man army. My emotions get out of control and i can't be stopped until my bloodlust is met.

Still wanna mess with me?