Fucking

Fucking

FINALLY

Attached: Saga-Scarlet-Grace-Feature-Image.jpg (640x360, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1V2HD_pjU3w
youtube.com/watch?v=PROK8erkwrk&t=10m5s
youtube.com/watch?v=ieocBLkSasw
youtube.com/watch?v=NJ6J3qvV0cE
youtube.com/watch?v=0zPAO1rb6mQ&list=PLF5455663AF4F78FD&index=36
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Even though it didn't need to be said, RS3 got an official announcement as well.

Attached: SaGa-Project_06-10-19.jpg (600x337, 83K)

If I know nothing about SaGa games so far (apart maybe from playing Last Remnant), can I jump in with Scarlet Grace?

Sure, Scarlet is pretty newbie friendly.
You'll probably like all those TLR weapons too.

The Last Remnant is markedly different from standard SaGa titles, but if you were able to grasp the various nuances of that game, you should be able to handle Scarlet Grace, or any SaGa game really. Aside from Unlimited that is.

Well it's not that different, despite the linearity and union system it uses most of the core mechanics and SaGa games tend to be wildly different from one another, especially since Unlimited.
Scarlet uses quite a bit of TLR mechanics designs, like Morale, a more limited equipment loadout and so on, it's one of the better entries for somebody who got into the series with TLR, at least battle wise.

>RS3 gets a Vita release
>SG:A doesn't

Attached: 14949780353878.jpg (782x513, 93K)

Thank Squenix for cockblocking Kawazu.
He did push for an update initially but nothing came out of it, the execs probably didn't give the green light because they wanted people to buy the game another time.
It was a real bad move too, lot of people rightfully bitched at Squenix for that last year.

Attached: 1523345161437.jpg (640x480, 38K)

Thanks, sounds promising enough to give it a whirl. I still want a sequel to TLR, with some of its kinks ironed out, but chances of that happening are 0.

>I still want a sequel to TLR
Not gonna happen, Kawazu hates sequels and the series is made of stand alone entries which focus on proprietary mechanics or design choices that you won't find elsewhere, it's why all games are still worth playing today too.
Besides, you probably don't know about it but the entire Union system is actually an elaboration (kind of) of the optional Commander Mode in Romancing SaGa 3, so if you want more of that you're in luck given the recent remaster.

Talking about TLR, I wonder how much the Switch port will sell given how it's the remaster instead of the original, people are going to bitch quite a bit about it.
I hope it has decent performance too, though the PS4 version being so embarassingly bad doesn't make the Switch port look that promising.

There's always the rest of the series you can check out as well if you liked TLR. With Scarlet Grace and RS3 getting announced, that means every SaGa title has gotten an official English release in some form or another. Now we just need to wait for the SaGa Frontier 1 and 2, and Unlimited remakes.

>given how it's the remaster instead of the original, people are going to bitch quite a bit about it.

Didn't the remaster fuck with all the tweaks they made to the PC release?

>SaGa series is revived
Ok, not it's time for some portbegging.
>please, give us Frontier 1 and 2

I hope at least one of them comes out this year.

Unlimited doesn't need remakes, just retexture the 3D backgrounds and upscale it, it already looks great on PCSX2.
Just rebalance some stuff a bit, add some more quests, a bit more freedom of exploration and you got the perfect game.
Yeah, seems like they went backwards on some things like making BR scale on the 360's version, they probably wanted to get rid of the worm exploit
Both are confirmed for 2019, probably an autumn or early winter release.

Attached: Laura_desert.webm (640x480, 1.9M)

more like FUCK THEM Graces should have been released on Vita YEARS ago.

Hey, as long as it comes out.
At least you won't have to buy it twice, like me.

Finally another UnlimitedChad like me. Unlimited was a gem of a underappreciated board game.

>Both are confirmed for 2019

Took'em long enough, but at least they're not waiting till 2020.

Attached: 1532581322570.gif (540x304, 1.19M)

youtu.be/1V2HD_pjU3w

Perfection.

Which album should I listen to celebrate this?

Attached: New0000.png (398x279, 9K)

Yeah, real shame that it never caught on, it's such a great system, with a few fixes and expansion to the formula it could be the perfect virtual tabletop too.
A GM mode where you could create your campaigns and map would be absolutely godly.
2020 is probably going to be big for other reasons, by the end of the year we'll have the 30th anniversary, if it's even a fraction as massive as the 25th, you can bet we're gonna get Frontier Remake or a proper, non castrated mainline.
And if we do get a new mainline I hope Kawazu keeps on working on the tabletop paradigm he started with Unlimited, Scarlet is fun but lets go of too many things for the sake of its original portability to truly compete, a new mainline with AA budget and fusing both system designs would be a bomb.

Attached: Silver combo.webm (560x420, 2.87M)

Legend of Music is great, you're missing Hamauzu's SF2 piano arrange though, how come?

>Yeah, real shame that it never caught on
Better clearer translation and a more thorough manual would have helped it tremendously

I don't like Saga Frontier 2 the first one is great but the second is just not for me.

Oh, good to hear.

It's just not finished and the fucking director said not being able to beat Blues ending and dying mid boss is intentional

All SaGa games have shitty translations, unfortunately, that's the way it is.
As for the manual, I don't think it would have helped much either, most people bitch about how "there's no exploration" and how it's not a JRPG because "there's no cities" etc.
I mean, yeah, it would have made the game a tiny bit more accessible, but it wouldn't have changed much, at least, that's how I see it.

Which SaGa games are open world? I've played the first four games, but RS1 is the only one that really stuck with me due to all the ways you can progress through the game.

Hell this is your friend the Minstrel. You may now say something nice about my compositions and how much you love me.

Attached: Minstrel.png (465x695, 633K)

RS2 and RS3 follow the same sort of "YOU CAN DO ANYTHING" formula as RS1

All of the Romancing games are open-ended and free roam

Is there at least one SaGa game that is 100% finished as intended by the devs? I don't think so.

None of them, most of them have a free roam structure that allows you to explore and progress nonlinearly though.
The ones that allow free roam are
>Romancing SaGa 1
>RS2
>RS3
>SaGa Frontier
>Unlimited(in some campaigns)
>Minstrel Song
>Scarlet Grace

SaGa Frontier 2 is a bit of a weird example since while the game is technically linear it allows a chronologically nonlinear progression, since it's structured in self contained scenarios spanning multiple generations of characters, on NG+ you can also access any and all scenarios from the get go, making it even more nonlinear.

TLR is mostly linear as the main quest is pretty lengthy in there but there's some degree of sequence breaking you can do nonetheless.

The GB games are all linear, including the remakes.
Fuck you Elore

Thanks
>None of them, most of them have a free roam structure that allows you to explore and progress nonlinearly though.
Did I use the wrong term? I thought that's what open world was. What you described is what I enjoyed about RS1, though.

Is it silly that this is the game that'll probably push me to get a Switch? I know it'll be on other systems, but I really want to be able to play it not tied to a tv or monitor at all times. I'll probably double dip on the Steam version anyway.

SaGa Frontier 2 was the first JRPG I ever played. I should replay it, I still have the copy lying around and a PS2.

I've been a big SaGa fan after finding out legends was SaGa but what's this about last remnant? Is it an unusual SaGa title and I never knew?

Last Remnant is basically a SaGa game that doesn't use the SaGa title, and by extension Baby's First SaGa Game

Fuck me. I've only played half the series anyway honestly but must be fate I got it on a whim.

>but must be fate I got it on a whim.

Not any stranger than me getting the game because it reminded me of FFXII, and from there I got into the SaGa series proper.

Most people mistake open world for free roam and viceversa, the term has been misused in the later years.
Technically, open world games are seamless and have no screen transitions, but they do not necessarily allow meaningful nonlinearity.
Free roaming games are games that allow you to explore and progress nonlinearly, but they're not necessarily open world.
SaGa games have lots of transitions between maps, so while they are free roaming games, technically they're not open world.
It was originally meant to be the third Frontier entry, but it was changed during development due to "a change of plans" which roughly meant "Wada would never, ever give us budget if we tell him this is a SaGa game so let's pretend it's a new IP".
This lead to the The Last Remnant name, rest assured, outside of lacking lightbulbs it's a purebred SaGa game, with the same systems, techs, spells and tons of references to the other games in the series.
Scarlet Grace and Re:UniverSe also have various TLR weapons as cameos so it's pretty much the unofficial Frontier 3 game.

Attached: 2017-03-24-002435.jpg (960x544, 91K)

>Not any stranger than me getting the game because it reminded me of FFXII
Another funny twist of fate since Kawazu was the one that ended up saving FFXII from development hell.

How is Scarlet Grace, all I know about it is that I saw it on the Japanese Google Play store for $60

Sagabros, which of these is the better pick up to try it out and see if I like the series before I get the other?

Ok anons. I have Romancing SaGa 2 and I might start it soon. Anything I should know?

>psvita
What the fuck.

Graces should be more modern and easier to get into. Anyway SaGa is full of cryptic shit so you'll get used to it.

pick of Romancing SaGa 2 right now to see if you'll like the series at all

Can I have a Saga Frontier remake that fixes/finishes the game, please?

It doesn’t even have to be 3D or anything, just give me HD sprites...

>Most people mistake open world for free roam and viceversa, the term has been misused in the later years.
Well, at least I'm not alone then. Thanks for clearing that up.

>Fuck you Elore
Rude

find out how to grind the right way so you don't fuck yourself over

What do you mean by that, user?

It's pretty good, but it's very different from the rest of the series up to now, it's a real change of pace and philosophy, it's hard to tell if you'd like it, it also has its problems and I doubt most people who don't play it on a handheld will appreciate it as much since it's designed for short, burst sessions instead of more relaxed and longer progression.
Still, it's very good and I can say that it does some things extremely well despite the limitations, for some things I might even say it's the very best in the series.
RS3 is extremely easy to get into and will ease you into the more standard formula.
Scarlet is also good but as I've said, it's very different from the rest of the series up to now, and all games tend to be their own thing already.
You can also try the DS remake if you feel intimidated by the difficulty or nonlinearity of the other entries, they're good, short games that will teach you all the very basics well enough.

Soon, fren.
Soon.

I like the ones renamed Final Fantasy Legend 2 and 3, especially the DS remakes. Have played absolutely nothing else though.

bosses get considerably stronger after a certain point, and if you don't have a decent number of skills unlocked, you'll get bodied

>Grinding in SaGa
>Grinding in RS2

Attached: 1557871231041.png (500x281, 108K)

Oooh. I thought it would be like The Last Remnant, where the game punishes you if you fight too much. Ok then, thx.

RS3 is a lot more on rails than RS2 because of how hard it is to get around certain fights and the absurd HP requirements to trigger a lot of midgame/later events.

look m8 I've gotten my shit wrecked by Wagnas enough, thanks

If you liked the DS remakes chances are you'll enjoy the rest too, as long as you can deal with a lot more variables, mechanics and micromanaging.
Then there's Unlimited but Unlimited is offlimits for most people.
It is, that's why that user told you to learn out to grind THE RIGHT WAY.
RS2 is a lot more punishing than TLR when it comes to that too, because unlike TLR where things get flat bonuses, in RS2 you'll find completely different stuff, down to the main quest bosses, and there's also permadeath in RS2.
You have to learn how to develop your party correctly in SaGa games, RS2 is no exception and the bosses in that particular entry are legendary for just how fucking brutal they are.

>If you liked the DS remakes chances are you'll enjoy the rest too, as long as you can deal with a lot more variables, mechanics and micromanaging.
I can normally, I play a lot of strategy games and text RPGs and the like so it's not that I'm foreign to more detailed stuff (though obviously it's a different kind of detail.) Mainly my only source of concern for playing the other games is that I could not get into Last Remnant at all, which is meant to be similar to some of them.

>I could not get into Last Remnant at all
How come? What didn't you like about it?

Probably the retarded, on first glance battle system

He probably couldn't handle David's Gay Bulge.

Dave's Gay Bulge is only for Irina

Well, it is hard to handle when you are on the receiving end with Cyclops.
Nonsense, David won the Rushbowl.

>Coming to iOS and Android
Getting on Android. Works perfectly.

youtube.com/watch?v=PROK8erkwrk&t=10m5s

Attached: Saga-Scarlet-Grace-Switch_03-08-18.jpg (600x337, 46K)

Dave was clearly transferring his RushLust onto Irina because he knew he couldn't actually waifu Rush since he was a lord and expected to produce an heir. Rush even gets jealous, it's hilarious.

I played the first couple hours and just felt really, really bored so I could never bring myself to pick it up again.

praise kawazu

but god damn I need release dates

Attached: 27d.png (300x300, 47K)

They better have a physical version of Graces or I'm gonna start a lynch mob

Well, that's surprising given how you like SaGa 2/3, which are a lot slower and much less bombastic.
Still, all SaGa games are pretty unique, and TLR is for quite a few things an outlier in the formula, especially on the narrative, I can only tell you to give the rest of the games a chance if you're interested, also because they have very different battle systems.
Outside of the PS4 release, don't count on it.

Attached: Midare Setsugekka.webm (700x392, 2.65M)

>Outside of the PS4 release, don't count on it.
I precisely want a PS4 box to long have I waited for the vita version. I won't be denied my shiny piece of plastic to put next to Minstrel's Song and Unlimited SaGa

>the leaker was right

I will say this against TLR, the opening hours of the game are really rough, considering the battle system is made for using around 25 units spread over multiple unions, and the game dripfeeds you for what feels like too long.

In that case I'd say there's a good chance you'll get a physical release, not the special box for the JP version with all the goodies, but still better than nothing.
What a clown world we live in that we'd truly see not one but two SaGa games at E3, eh?

There was a leaker for SaGa info?

Attached: Vageena_with_Mug8.jpg (450x338, 19K)

Anyone got Last Remnant on Switch? How's the performance?

It was kind of a shit decision, along with many others like rare hunts being tied to guild quests (which also get locked by superbosses), magazines, recruits locked behind high BR and the general linearity of the entire game.

A shame since for everything else it's a very solid entry with a good level of challenge and depth, oh and Rush, Rush is absolutely the worst protagonist in the entire series and mars what could have been an otherwise amazing cast, they really shouldn't have scrapped the Conqueror's campaign.

yeah, don't have the image capped but pretty much everything was correct.

the world gets more absurd by every passing day

Don't have a Switch but I suppose it's like the PS4 version but at lower resolution, so something like 720p at 30FPS.

Is baccarat the best song in any saga game?

Why is Square Enix suddenly bringing a bunch of games/franchises back to life?
Is it desperation?
Will I get another Valkyrie Profile?

It's Gachi approved so probably.
youtube.com/watch?v=ieocBLkSasw

Attached: Triple Thrust Aniki.jpg (854x420, 36K)

>VP
Enjoy your shitty gacha.

you just gotta embrace Rush's cheesiness

The SaGa bunch is one of the last groups at S-E that actually care about pushing their games.

LET'S KICK SOME A

If you had told me I'd be seeing SaGa, Contra, and Battletoads at E3 I'd assume I had traveled a couple decades into the past.
Shame the latter two aren't looking so hot, but it's the thought that counts.

EVERYBODY'S GETTING HYPED

relevant!

It's not the cheesiness, it's that he's a retard and barely even a character.
I'd rather have the Conqueror with Rush and Irina appealing to his good side as supporting cast, trying to convince him to not genocide everything, would have made for a more interesting cast really, that would also have made the seven more relevant.

You forgot
>Battletoads gets a new game
>Gamestop is going under as we speak
It's almost scary.

Attached: 1522080013434.jpg (600x500, 36K)

after seeing how soulful the trials of mana remake looks, i actually have high hopes for a frontier remake now.

>coming soon
Is this just code for "we finished the game but since it's digital only and low budget we have to wait for Sony/Nintendo to approve it"?

Pretty sure a Frontier remake will be made with UE4, I don't see them working on Unity after Scarlet and they already worked with UE before with TLR.
There's a very good change it will look good enough, the team has already made a more or less faithful conversion of Tomomi's style with Scarlet Grace's models, with some actual budget I'm sure they'll be able to pull some nice visuals as they always do.
Although I would personally like a remake with Unlimited's visual style and high detail 2D sprites in high detail 3D environments.

Attached: Angry Slav.jpg (1200x1000, 157K)

Is that a remaster of RS3 or a straight port

FINALLY>

Attached: rrrrr.jpg (587x348, 96K)

We don't know.
Scarlet has already been out in Japan since last year, so they're probably finishing the localization.
RS3 might be waiting for approvals.
Remaster in the same vein of RS2.
youtube.com/watch?v=NJ6J3qvV0cE

youtube.com/watch?v=0zPAO1rb6mQ&list=PLF5455663AF4F78FD&index=36

Attached: Boston running to trim some bitches.png (200x200, 2K)

Did anyone try out the TLR remaster switch port? is it as horrible as I'm thinking that it should be?

the other platforms were fucking dogshit, so I wouldn't be surprised if the Switch version is too