Yeah, that's a no from me

Yeah, that's a no from me

Attached: Capture.png (918x902, 961K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gematsu.com/2019/06/square-enix-uncertain-how-many-games-will-span-the-final-fantasy-vii-remake-project
youtube.com/watch?v=B7uwtFpC4iI
gamerant.com/best-selling-games-2019/
youtube.com/watch?v=thsnDqQu0mQ
youtu.be/3CgBtEF6rNU
gameinformer.com/e3-2019/2019/06/11/development-of-further-final-fantasy-vii-games-wont-be-much-faster
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm sorry, what?

Attached: file.png (800x450, 265K)

>another five years for episode two

Is this the new FF13?

>Square Enix PR sent a follow-up email clarifying and somewhat contradicting the statement in the room. In the email, a representative stated "While the development team finishes the first game of the project, they are also planning the volume of content for the second. Due to the work already done on the first game, we anticipate that the development of the second game will be more efficient. However, for now we would like to focus on the development of the first game."

Attached: sephiroth.jpg (768x960, 91K)

Gona have to wait 15 years for full game , at theat point it will be outdated and nobody will care anymore.

Attached: images.jpg (255x197, 5K)

Guess they'll have to start on the remake of the remake then

Square Enix is one of the worst devs out there

All 7 episodes will be made 4-5 years apart. Each will have cash shops and season passes.

They could take a shit on a plate and name it "Final Fantasy VII" and it will fucking print money.

They already did

Its impossible to make full fledged JRPG in 2019 i suppose. With all the content, because graphics are too complex and require lots of time and effort.

yikes.

Attached: FFXXVII.jpg (800x450, 45K)

We’re through the looking glass now anons.

>Due to the work already done on the first game, we anticipate that the development of the second game will be more efficient.
Makes sense to me. All the main character and monster assets are already pretty much finished. Same for the sound design. It's just a matter of creating more locations and monster varieties.

Source?

But Dirge of Cerberus FF7 didn't print money.

of course not because you know they didn't do anything beyond Midgar at this point. Unless it sells well they never will or they'll rush it as some cheap shit that will still take 4-5 years or more between each episode. fuck square at this point, most long time original fans will be dead by the time this shit gets released

is someone paying you to make baseless asumptions and to make people hate the remake?

>SE
>More efficient

yeah fucking right

More efficient at milking amirite

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS COMPANY

Attached: 1551494974587.jpg (318x313, 11K)

Wait, the FF7 remake isn't being released in one chunk??

lmao. I'm going to be like 50 by the time the last episode comes out.

nope

why didn't they just spruce up the graphics? they are making an entirely different game for no reason

more like

>company plans on making episodic game
>doesn't actually plan beyond the very first episode

Nah man. A minimum of 3 parts. At 60 fucking burgers a part

>remake the game that put your company on the map on a global scale
>can't be assed to actually do it in earnest

Attached: 1238358238373.jpg (509x377, 26K)

They'd finish the whole thing if they stuck to the original design instead of fleshing out throwaway characters and bloating Midgard

FF7R production was moved from CyberConnect2 to SE internal in 2017. Reportedly, SE also discarded most of CC2's work. That would mean a 3 year gap between releases at best, right?

Why do you faggots keep saying "Midgard?"

you think its all worth 60 dollars? v is out of touch with the game dev industry

JUST BUY THE SUMMON DLC AND STFU

These guys would have finished it in 3 years max

Attached: Bluepoint-Games.jpg (640x360, 11K)

Because they wanted to make an entirely different game. They want playing FF7 to feel like playing Advent Children's combat scenes, it's what they've been trying to do with the FF series since at least FFXIII.

It's gonna be funny seeing the public finding this out on launch day

yeah, if all you want is the original with better models and backgrounds. which already exists, on pc, with mods.

See your comment is exactly what i am expecting to be a huge issue and a valid one as well, people are retarded (I recall when Fallout 76 came out there were several reviews on Amazon shitting on the game because they legit thought it was a single player sequel to Fallout 4, not an online game).

Square Enix is basically yelling "FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAAAAAAAAAAKE" and barely whispering "ItsJustPartOneOfAnUnknownAmmount" on top, hell just look at the title of the game, it's not "Final Fantasy VII Part 1" or "Final Fantasy VII-I" It's just "Final Fantasy VII". I can guarantee there will be a LOT of people buying this and when they find out the game is just Midgar, they are going to be pissed

because they never played the game
in fact, no one here likes ff7, they are just shitposting so people hate the remake for whatever reason

the solution is simple. ignore the remake, play the original. it's obvious it's not for the vets but for normalfags.

Why is nobody concerned about how char levels/items/materia carries between games, if at all.

How hard is it to make a game that's already been made?

hopefully they remove levels. rpgs are gay

Snoyggers can have this shallow timed exclusive game and have to pay more for the episodes DLCs. PC gamers will get the 'flesh out' game at one price.

And with that, I'm getting off this ride. I'll check back in if it ever gets completed, assuming I'm even still alive at that point.

that cost extra

I'm sure they're not that incompetent.

the exact same article in the OP

game is completely different now

FF13 was completed and the sequels came out shortly after

this, however the tech used in development will also advance enormously in that time. AI is going to change everything in that time, and a lot of current bottlenecks in game dev (eg. art) are going to fall.

ff13 and it's sequels were also trash

Old games just had too much content for modern standards.

It's either a save file transfer or they increase the XP gain hugely in the next part so you catch up quickly

??? We’ll all be dead by the time the last one releases

This is such a scam.

I don't quite understand what's going on. So the game being released in March is just the Midgar portion, right?

This is Square Enix we are talking about user

How young are you to not know that save file transfers are a thing?

yeah and that's probably it for the next 8 years

Correct, and not even the director knows how many parts the rest of the remake will be

I guess this explains the PS4 exclusivity.

Hmmm... (((who))) might it be, I wonder?

Yes.

Basically, SE hasn't planned at all beyond the very first episode of their episodic FF7R series.

No one was asking you to begin with

Not him but the fact we are left in the dark about that is worrying, save transfers are a thing, but there is countless of situation where said save file could be lost somehow, what if one of the parts comes out for the fucking PS6 and i am not interested in the catalogue for said console and instead i'll wait for a PC port? can i start anew? will that mean any progress i make on previous installments won't matter?

There is a TON of questions that need to be answered, because me and i am sure a ton more people have the "i will buy it once it's complete" mindset, and that could lose Square a lot of money.

He honestly probably meant the development timeline from when they kind of restarted after the first announcement.

And thank fuck they did. Things look great now.

Welcome to the reality of creating huge detailed worlds with 4K-level visuals. Every time you whine about games not having nice enough graphics you perpetuate this.

don't worry about it you'll probably be dead by the time episode 2 comes out

i see your point but in my opinion those kinds of people are so stupid that if squeenix doesn't trick them, somebody else will. they're doomed to a life of stumbling blind through a world they can't understand because of a genetic dice roll. feels bad but what can you do. low IQ who can't be bothered doing 5 seconds of research before making a 90 dollar purchase will be low IQ

>tfw you replayed FF7 so many times that you are good for life on ever wanting to play it again

Only things appealing about this remake are Tifa, the redone soundtrack and the locations with today's graphics.

I hope it gets ported to PC so we can get those delicious SFM with Tifa taking a dog's knot

Straight up why didn't they hold off and use this game to push the PS5? Who knows maybe they could have even condensed it in to fewer releases that way too. It's going to be so fucking strange picking up the first game on PS4 and then have to buy a PS5 to continue the same story.

They announced it in 2015. People expected it on PS4 and they probably are contracted to release it on the console.

They also have no idea how many games it will take to finish the story
gematsu.com/2019/06/square-enix-uncertain-how-many-games-will-span-the-final-fantasy-vii-remake-project

I see you have your priorities straight

Where is Kitase's PR handler? Chist.

I guess that makes sense. And the fact that this late in the console life cycles guarantees you're going to have a massive pool of people to sell to. But still, it's a Sony exclusive, I would expect that they'd change whatever arrangements they had previously once the dev time went comatose and shot to make it a release title. That shit would force sales like no game has before.

Jesus Christ, are they tryin to beat their record? Are we gonna end up with 6 discs or what?

Attached: ff7 discs.png (643x1043, 385K)

Are they simultaneously working on the tech to digitize Kitase's brain so he can continue work after his body dies over the coming decades working on this shitshow?

I feel like subsequent volumes should be easier though. Most of the later environments after Midgar are really a lot less complicated and difficult than Midgar would be. If anything, Midgar's probably the most complicated environment in FF7 by a landslide.

Are we going to get 7 episodes?

And asset flips because FF14 was such a massive failure that they basically shitcanned the Crystalis universe in it's entirety, and were desperately trying to save money while YoshiP saved the company with A Realm Reborn.

Square's actually fucking fascinating in the last decade, I've never seen a company in control of so many iconic characters and beloved IPs unable to properly generate revenue.

It seems to be a common thing in the industry where they release a trailer of an upcoming game even though it's not even in development yet. I'm sure you can think of a developer right now that did it.

That 2 Bluray disc shit is just for headlines. No way it's RDR2 level of size.

The only company to release an "episodic game" and not piss everyone off was CyberConnect 2 with the .hack// series because they kept a tight schedule and the developers weren't incompetent fools.

Attached: my wife alkaid.jpg (1920x1080, 320K)

There's no talent left.

Depends on how detailed they're planning to go with the overworld. If they want to replicate it to scale it'll certainly take some time, plus they'll have to fill a lot of the empty space to make the pacing work better. If you were to fully realize FF7's world map in a modern way it'd be fucking enormous and pretty empty.

If they are stretching the Midgar events to a whole game and give all the involved characters proper screen time and development, I just realized that means we're probably getting Biggs Wedge and Jessie as actual playable party members this time around.

I suspect they are saving this as one of the big surprises until later on, just to see if people will actually see it coming. Pretty cool if you ask me.

Think about it - if they really intend to add storylines to the Midgar arc, they can't avoid involving these three more.

There's a lot of missing space just begging to be developed :

>What Barret and Tifa were up to while Cloud was busy falling to the Church and staying at Aeristh's house for a while, all the way to the Corneo arc

>What Avalanche did leading up to the fall of the plate, in the original game once you get on the scene as Cloud & co, a lot has happened already and Avalanche are lying almost dead while Barret is fighting alone at the top of the tower

I can't understand people thinking there's nothing more they could do with the Midgar events that wasn't already in the original game.
There's a lot of possibilities as there's so much space left untouched during the Midgar arc, I feel SE is probably going to expand on these first before even thinking about padding the existing bits.

Thinking about you could definitely see how it would end up being worth a whole game.

Attached: 33333.jpg (1280x720, 149K)

The stage demo showed Cloud leveling up after the Boss fight.

>100GB storage space required at the very least

Fuck this shit. It's not content that's bloating the space here.

>the developers weren't incompetent fools.
But .hack games were garbage tier weeb shit.

yeah, whatever

FFXVI by Yoshida when?

>all this bitching
>99% of the faggots in these threads will buy it anyway

>once the last part comes out the first part is gonna be so dated it needs to be remade again

Attached: 1557766450698.gif (241x225, 1.16M)

no boobs no buy

Because they shovel all work on Nomura and then yank him off to another game while whatever team is left on the previous game has to pick up the pieces.

>already damage controlling

Yoshida doesn't work for SE anymore

These games also had bland as fuck maps with virtually no curated level design. I fucking adore the .hack series but they were not very intensive even for their time.

Midgar is easier because you have a city full of things to potentially do and see. What the fuck do you do outside of midgar? Going from location to location mostly. And what's there to do on the way? Not much but battle and story for the original game, right?

>Calling anything weebshit in a final fantasy thread.
wut

Never. FFXV was the last one.

Retarded question but would crisis core be a good game from a lore perspective if they ever got gackt/Genesis involved or would the game require a massive rewrite because if the angeal shit!

or they'll get to a point that they release on a newer system but fuck up importing saves

If they're competent, why were they dropped?

lmao no

the only things i'll be buying from SE is DQXIS and Trials of Mana since they actually look good

Reminder they'll have to start over when the PS5 hits.
Can't have a PS5 game have PS4 graphics right?

>No way it's RDR2 level of size.
Could be with just bloating the texture files to uncompressed shit, an old ass game like Ressonance of Fate (early PS3/360 title) got a 4K remaster re-release, the game is 80GB on PC, about 65GB is just the 4K files.

>we're probably getting Biggs Wedge and Jessie as actual playable party members this time around.
Nah, they'll be AI only support characters at best.

The .Hack games were irredeemable garbage though.

I'm going to be disappointed either way no matter how much they subvert our expectations. You know why? Because they can't resist showing glimpses of Sephiroth where he doesn't belong to tease him. There is no reason for him to appear in Midgar because Cloud doesn't remember until they leave the city.

*Never

keep that gackt fag away from this.

Nintendo did it not that long ago with Xenoblade Chronicles 2.
SquareEnix even just managed it with Dragon Quest 11.

Square Enix did this to themselves with a pointless redesign of the gameplay, millions on character art changes, clothes designs and a general over emphasis on 'realistic' visuals.

I look forward to Final Fantasy 7 2 Part 3

>we're probably getting Biggs Wedge and Jessie as actual playable party members this time around.
I wouldn't get your hopes up. also didn't they already say they changed the Don Corneo part?

I wouldn't expect a proper overworld anyway. You can't really do a normal overworld with the way this game's designed. I'd expect a more condensed version of what FFXV did.

I'm all about Midgar getting it's own personal installment, I think I'm more worried about what comes after. If they are going to make Midgar a massive spectacle and full length game it's gonna really fuck with the pacing if the second title takes you all the way to- say- the end of the original disc 1. It's to early to speculate for sure, I'm just worried about how they will segment things out going forward.

Is gonna be like the Star Wars sequels.

First game does amazingly well because nostalgia and wanting to see old characters again.
Second game does fine but pisses off the fans with horrible than compilation changes.
Third game no one cares by the time it releases.

which goys are going to buy the first class edition for $329 kek

They could put Crisis Core in smaller scale at the mansion flashback

Enjoy the next 30 years of remakes of a game that was already made over 20 years ago

Attached: 1552671449631.png (1280x720, 355K)

No, if anything they said they would keep it intact. It's actually one of the first things they said after the announcement, if you remember right

weeeeeeeeeeeeb shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Attached: index.jpg (231x218, 5K)

It is possible.

The Final Fantasy franchise has been cursed ever since Sakaguchi left.

I actually am not entirely against the concept, but hole shit Squenix love to drag it, dont they?

Hitman 2016 and 2018 did essentially the same thing. Each game was a "season" with 6 different, VERY detailed levels, and the story isnt complete yet. Both seasons so far are 120GB, which is in file size, the largest game i ever seen.
Im a fan of the series, so im kinda okay with it. A sizable bunch of brand new content every 2-3 years for 60 bucks. Kinda think its a "super large" 3 part game worth 200 bucks over ~6 years. (Also the first games is heavily discounted today)

FF7R is shaping to be the same, but MUCH SLOWER. Knowing Squenix first party, we are going to get an episode every 4-5 year, for 3 or 4 parts

It's not that. It's that Square Enix got too big as a company and the publishing wing calls the shots and neuters every good decision the developers try to make.

Most of the original FFVII staff is working on this Remake, but unfortunately they have men in suits appeasing shareholders they have to answer to, people who don't ask "Will this be good?" but rather "Will this sell millions of copies?"

I was thinking that but it would make the scale feel all wrong. You make Midgar this massive thing that can encompass and entire game and then what- you leave and Calm is 2 blocks away? It would feel all sorts of fuckey.

3-4 years.

Attached: FFXVI.png (1245x921, 1.4M)

Taro is going to make the next FF, but dont expect it before 2029

More info from Kotaku and gameinformer

"The best way to describe the Final Fantasy VII remake is “fleshed out.” It’s like the PS1 version of Final Fantasy VII was an outline and this is the final paper. Whereas in the original game you’d see a few dialogue exchanges that were meant to broadly convey feelings—Jessie being flirty, Barret trying to convince Cloud that the environment is worth saving—here there are fleshed-out conversations, genuine personality, and dialogue with a surprising amount of warmth. "
"Jessie, a member of Barret’s Avalanche eco-terrorist group, has more dialogue in the 30 minutes of footage I saw today than she does in all of Final Fantasy VII on PS1. Wedge and Biggs have more personality. There are cut-scenes around every corner. It feels like a completely new game."

"This isn’t a side-project; the team at Square Enix views this game as the next full numbered entry in the Final Fantasy series."
"The team feels that Midgar represents Final Fantasy VII better than any other location."

"Treasure chests are scattered around, and you open them with the triangle button. You can’t open them if you are engaged in battle."
"The screen takes on a static-like visual and audio distortion when people mention things about Cloud’s past, like his relationship with Tifa, or his time in SOLDIER.
During one of these distortions, Cloud sees a single black feather falling."

Pic related, it's actual dialogue from the game.

Attached: 4jSgOFPaSSOEQxJ6PV9I8A.png (505x206, 36K)

Japs love their lossless 300+MB per 1 minute song audio.

Your post sums up everything wrong with the gaming community.
No matter what they do (or any company for that matter), everyone will complain.
Spend money on fidelity = MUH GAMEPLAY
Spend money on Gameplay = MUH GRAPHICS
Spend money on Story = MUH WALKING SIMULATOR
Spend Money on Characters = MUH DUMB ANIME WAIFUS/HUSBANDOS
Make Budget Remaster/Remake = I HOPE X COMPANY BURNS TO THE GROUND.

Y'all are a bunch of under-aged, privileged faggots!

Yup, it'll just be a lot of uncompressed garbage, and be like 8 hours long in actual gameplay length. Calling it now.

Cloud remembers Sephiroth during the first boming mission at the very beginning of the game, right before you fight Guard Scorpion.

>but pisses off the fans with horrible than compilation changes
What the fuck are you trying to say?

Hitman is Eidos' baby and they came out with the always online DRM and season content. That's why when they bought themselves out of Square Enix and got picked up by Warner Bros they continued with that same shit.

>what if we let some pretentious faggot make FF7

>I wouldn't expect a proper overworld anyway.
SOMEONE SHOW ME A GOOD EXAMPLE OF AN 'OVERWORLD' FROM A MODERN GAME

I'M WAITING

This game won't even be the size of GTAV. The 2 bluray thing is a sham.

>Most of the original FFVII staff is working on this Remake

There's just no way that's true. Maybe you mean the important guys.

Well the problem really is just the gameplay. The battle system in particular is an issue, since a massive open overworld doesn't really work with what they're doing. On top of that, given all their design decision, I'd assume that they'd be extremely reluctant to just have a massive landmass with Cloud in the middle walking everywhere across all the roads and trees and shit.

>Get help.

I chuckled.

>everyone is the same person with the same wants and needs
I'll give you a (you), sure

I mean the same thing happened with KH3 a bunch of the team that worked in shit like 2FM aren't even there anymore or got shuffled away to different ala 7r and whatever other division. I kept warning people that KH3 won't be as good due to this

It doesn't take 15 years to make a remake. What is wrong with them?

>FFVII Remake Remastered will come out before the whole game is finished

Attached: F9141C93-17CE-4E4F-AACC-0F77C495CBD5.jpg (670x478, 46K)

Every 4-5 years is stretching it, I think it'll be more like 2-3 years since they have their gameplay, engine, assets, etc figured out now.

yeah this all but confirms this shit is going to be multiplat

Dont get me wrong, i strongly hate the Online only bullshit. It already cost me perfect runs of lvl5 escalation / Professional mode because their servers simply die for 30 minutes at the middle of night.

But i still play it because i love hitman.

taro isn't capable of big projects

So 2041 part 2?

I know this is a shitpost, but it's sadly accurate.

>"Treasure chests are scattered around, and you open them with the triangle button. You can’t open them if you are engaged in battle."

This line. It's so awkward.

It seems they got the attitude of Cloud down at least.

That's fair. You know I'd almost be cool with like a Kingmaker world map- display travel lines between land marks with a few branching paths and chances for random encounters as you go. You're right that a total open map would feel really strange given their how current systems are presented.

>because Cloud doesn't remember until they leave the city.
completely wrong considering he mentions sephiroth in sector 7 reactor, during sector 5 reactor, after sector 7 destruction and in shinra building

they were vague though, but still.

So then it's like Kingdom Hearts 1.

I don't know what video game developer you like who releases games in 2-3 year cycles with MASSIVE changes between the games.

>Pic related, it's actual dialogue from the game.
Nice, looks like Cloud keeps the sass from the original at least at the beginning.
>"The screen takes on a static-like visual and audio distortion when people mention things about Cloud’s past, like his relationship with Tifa, or his time in SOLDIER.
During one of these distortions, Cloud sees a single black feather falling."

This is fucking retarded instead, subtle as a baobab.

>Cloud: You really hear that?
>Barret: Damn straight i do
>Cloud: [after a pause] Have sex.

BASED NOMURA

Attached: 1542191755398.jpg (403x395, 19K)

>I wouldn't expect a proper overworld anyway.

What was the last game that even had an actual overworld map like that, where you could run around freely? Final Fantasy Type-0? That's the last one I'm aware of.

>SOMEONE SHOW ME A GOOD EXAMPLE OF AN 'OVERWORLD' FROM A MODERN GAME
Ni no Kuni 2 had a classic JRPG overworld.

>rewatch the gameplay trailer again
>See the combat
>This is literally what they showed when the revealed the trailer for XIII
Can someone explain why we didn't get that in XIII despite them showing that it could work?

THE RESIDENT EVIL 2 TEAM DID IN 2. WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS!

>biggs, wedge & jessie get a lot of attention
>secret to save some/all of them is added in
>get to visit with them again later on at cosmo canyon
>eventually hire them to staff the highwind
I'd love it but I won't hold my breath

Feels weird having your concerns both alleviated and confirmed at the same time. Nomura seems to stop at nothing to prove what an insufferable hack he is. The man needs someone to keep him in check when he starts going all devientart.

Remember the last multi-part "episodic" game from Square Enix?
The one where they sold the franchise to someone else instead of making the season 2 they promised?
High hopes

>This is literally what they showed when the revealed the trailer for XIII
youtube.com/watch?v=B7uwtFpC4iI
I dunno, user. I'm pretty sure the FFXIII reveal trailer looks like a lot of bullshot garbage ctuscenes with a fake HUD thrown on top of it.

>directed by tetsuya nomura
I hope you guys are ready to shell out 80 bucks for Final Fantasy 7.5 Re:Coded Final Mix a few years down the line.

Attached: 1560238846940.jpg (820x722, 194K)

>Pic related, it's actual dialogue from the game.
Yes? You dumbasses forgot how sassy and dismissal Cloud was of Barret's ideals in the begining of the game? He literally didn't give a fuck about Avalanche's goals, Cloud just wanted his money.

Attached: 1379787344022.gif (362x332, 62K)

Yeah, for a game that you can beat in less than an hour...

Because they took it from Nomura and handed the game over to Tabata.

I'm not even kidding. The reason FFXV's combat ended up the way it did was because Tabata wanted it that way. There was an interview where he literally said something along the lines of "rapidly pressing buttons makes me hands hurt now, so that's why we're going to have a system where you hold one button to defend and then hold another to spam attacks"

bros

>people don't read
>spend $330 thinking they're buying the full game
>get Chapter 1
There's going to be some crying.

But Yoshida is working on mobile shit with SE

Wow, that really was nothing like XIII. I still really like that song

you retards desired this game so much they are pulling back new entries in the franchise years behind

>There are cut-scenes around every corner.
great just what I thought the whole fucking game will be cut scenes with a few QTE's and barely any actual game

Well shit. in still fucking mad after all these years

The point is, given what Nomura did to the FF7 story and lore post original release, it was highly likely that he'd completely miss-characterize everyone and make it edgy and childish as fuck. It's a bit reassuring to see that he was kept in line in some regards here.

Uhh no I don't remember. Is it Hitman you're talking about?

Attached: 1332211211748.png (471x354, 231K)

Man I fucking hate Tabata.

Where does SE keep getting these fucktards who ruin FF games

imagine paying 329.99 for the collectors edition of a game that isnt even finished

Attached: nez237ixqm331.jpg (1200x628, 126K)

The combat in FFXIII is actually exactly like that. All that changed was the HUD/menu layout and you have two AI controlled partners.

No, that battle literally happens in the game and it looks just like that.

YOU'RE MAD? I'M WANT VERSUS XIII STILL

yes

You didn't beat the game in less than an hour, user...don't lie.

>What is Kickstarter

I hope they make story changes then, because waiting years to experience what I've already experienced is a big no from me.

>pc download 200gb
>only 30 of it is actual game

>No, that battle literally happens in the game and it looks just like that.

Attached: 1560133769470.gif (414x396, 2.5M)

I didn't "desire" this game at all. Only thing I'm excited about is Tifa but even she was compromised.

ITS FUCKING OVER

250 of that price tag is just the figure, too. Like how the fuck?

LMAO

they need that money to develop the rest because they haven't done shit beyond Midgar

kek

It was a smart move in the end. Hitman 2 didn't sell as much as the devs hoped but they got their freedom.

knowing how cheap square has become it probably also runs a crypto miner on your PC

Not that it means much but the only good things about XIII was hamauzu's music and Porn of lightning+Vanille

I thought it was all coming out in one chunk
I'm dumb

yeah so if someone get's every collectors Edition for all 3 Parts they nearly Pay 1000$ for 1 game.
Square Enix is taking microtransactions to the next level

Holy fuck don't remind me about that shit. I only paid 20$ for the game day one and I still regret it

What the fuck is a season pass for in a singleplayer game that takes years between continuation of the story?

>porn of lighning
I'll give you vanille because she's hot as fuck but lightning is hideous even in r34

This game needs to fail. This model of business must not be allowed to succeed.

There is absolutely no reason to be excited for this piece of shit. The moment people heard "episodic" is the moment everyone should have lost faith, hype and respect for SE and stopped caring about this remake. And if people didnt act like drooling retards things might have been different but now we have a shitty on rails """"rpg"""" that will take a decade or 15 years to finish and will feel completely half baked and cinematic. It could not be more painfully obvious that Square enix is just trying to recuperate loses from games like FF15 and KH3 that were stuck in development hell. This company would have been better off going bankrupt then ever surviving there blunder after blunder. Then again I should be suprised when hyper autist exist that played FFXIV 1.0 defended it to there dying fucking breath (and the games dying breath to)

Pic related is SE fans.

Attached: 1560160329917.webm (584x620, 1.45M)

yikes

WEEBS RISE UP

Season Pass like all the recent single player games today, taking missions, outfits and items to place them behind a payall most likely

Impossible. Why do you think they did it with this game in the first place?

Attached: 1355043274979.jpg (244x238, 6K)

+1

Hitman 2 was a full priced season 2. It wasn't good for the consumers or the franchise realistically.

I want to see Scarlet

Attached: 1559330885281.jpg (620x877, 139K)

If all else fails at least we still have SaGa

Attached: 1560218298921.png (646x365, 492K)

What are the chances this is a on-the-rail interactive game like The Bouncer?

Story cutscene..."lets fight" GAMPLAY....cutscene etc etc etc

Oh boy, Nomura's going to be pulling out his mid 00's DeviantArt shit. Can't fucking wait.

Fuck you right, they are not communicating this in a good way. Im shitposting about videogames all the time and i just realized its an episodic release.

FF7 and failing got joke. This games was Baby's first RPG i saw people wanting to buy a PS4 who didin't played games in the last 10 years to play this game because of nostalgia. They gonna get A LOT OF MONEY with this remake

>spending these many resources on a game that came out like 20 years ago

Only square enix is this retarded

hitman 2 also had performance problems out the ass while somehow looking worse than the original. no wonder it sold like shit.

Why didn't they mention it was episodic?

What's even the point of buying this on PS4? You know damn well a PS5 version is being released later that year and probably along side the PC/Xbox/whatever version.

I'm okay with the screen and audio glitch because it could be fun, but the feather is really stupid

Yea Forums would go mental

when you focus on the destination you stop looking where you're going. A fall is inevitable.

I just want to know if the first volume is just straight midgar, because disc 1 definitely kept going after they escaped Midgar.

they've mentioned it several times already

I still don't understand how any of you could be excited for Final Fantasy VIIR. The company has famously gone on record saying it'll be a sad day when they have to put this project on their docket, and that they must not be doing very well financially if they try and do this.

They did when it was first revealed four years ago. They were purposefully trying to skirt around it.

>"The screen takes on a static-like visual and audio distortion when people mention things about Cloud’s past, like his relationship with Tifa, or his time in SOLDIER.
Depicting the world as being 'off' from Cloud's perspective seeing as he's completely insane at this point in the story has a lot of neat possibilities. Being Nomura he appears to be going about it the gayest way possible.

Maybe with the first episode, but what about the second? Can they keep the hype up with butchered character designs, fights, cut-scene bosses, and censored content?

I mean why would Jew not say he's going to Jew you

I'm just glad you can play FF7 with fixed HD background mods now. That's really all I ever wanted.

>35 years for the entire remake to be finished
all of us who played the original when it was released will legitimately be dead before they finish disc two. we will never get to see the remade cloud and tifa sex scene.

>millions on character art changes, clothes designs and a general over emphasis on 'realistic' visuals.
This. If they hadn't been massive retards, they could have pushed out a complete game. But instead of that, they went for next gen graphics complete with peach fuzz (albeit cute).

The recent excitement over the rather lackluster FFVIII remake proves that they could have easily remade FFVII to much lower graphic qualities (think polished PS2 levels complete with high resolution textures all over the place, or better, static but redesigned backgrounds).

Guess I'm not buying the games then. I'm not buying an incomplete trilogy.

Attached: 1529451351175.png (838x630, 527K)

>not just remaster it

WHY!

They call it multipart; "episodic" is a naughty word and Square-Enix is trying to push the narrative that each episode is a full game, so they are distancing themselves from the word episodic which implies one small part of a game.

There are tons of RPG's that come out every year. Stop making excuses for Square.

Attached: 1253781376417.jpg (381x400, 37K)

So 4 years for 1/10th a game means the whole game will be out in 36 more years. Nice!

That's the prblem with Japan and why they will never ever be on par with the West.

They take for fucking ever to make games to the point that they become dated when they release and rarely are they even comparable to the quality of Western games that release in 3/4th the time.

They haven't developed the assets outside of Midgar, user. Try to follow the thread.

Attached: 1338237257803.jpg (150x200, 12K)

They want to keep it on the down low

Not exactly, Square-Enix is calling every other word with similar meaning other than call it outright episodic, it's a marketing scheme to make it sound each part is a one full game. Only news headlines have called it episodic.

naw I was 11 so I'll be the equivalent of a disgruntled boomer by the time it's released

I mean denuvo on all of their fucking PC ports - even the fucking decade old Final Fantasy's. $60 for a port of that Traveling Octopus game. Come the fuck on.

Maybe People are were fucking hyped about KH3 and it's the most selling game in 2019:
gamerant.com/best-selling-games-2019/

Now think what FF7 R will do. People wanna see their childhood in Amazing graphics so they will wait if they have to.

Based and redpilled.

>FF7remake is ps4 exclusive! Sony wins again!
>Is episodic
>Is censored
>Each part will have two discs minimum and take up a massive size of storage space
>Have to wait half a dozen years for each part

Attached: 1528662353743.png (633x900, 140K)

What in the fuck is wrong with this company, why can't they make a fucking proper video game anymore

Full-sized Midgar was a mistake. Who asked for this shit?

Yes but KH3 turned into a disappointment and the saga is over. Several factors played into it selling that much. I promise you KH4 won't sell as much.

>sex scene was too risque then
>way too risque now that Tifa's Tifas had to be toned down

It's like poetry. Every stanza kinda rhymes with the next one.

It's not exclusive though.

Because they know how to get the maximum money without pissing the most people off.

>trilogy
Once people realize its episodic they will break it from 3 to 6 or 5 games for the sake of speed and then the games will be shorter at that.

As if western Sony games didn't take forever too
At this point it's gonna be 6 discs instead of 3, Wutai sidequest will probably be obligatory and last a fuck ton to pad the game.

I'm looking at it, but I don't see what says it's not exclusive.

This. One of the best parts of FF7 was getting the fuck out of that shithole for the first time. Instead they expand it to insufferable proportions.

With how much money they're wasting on this trash fire there's no way anything will be optional.

why does SE puts itself into so many miserable situations like this?
>Spirits Within
>FFXII problematic development
>FFXIII and Toriyama's retardation
>FF4.0
>FFXV's decade long dev cycle
>KH3's ultimately being mediocre
>closing down recently opened, fully equipped studio
>now this god knows how many parts FF7R
Why can't they get their shit together and what kind of black magic keeps them afloat through so many fuck ups?

Attached: 1515998840942.webm (480x480, 444K)

Wutai will be sold separately.

This game is being developed partially by their team, most likely the reason why they announced it as an episodic deal. But considering we are talking about remaking Final Fantasy 7 into an action format and not getting to cut corners as they did in .Hack with the word system dungeon crawling who knows how long it will take to get the rest of the game out.

>What in the fuck is wrong with this company, why can't they make a fucking proper video game anymore

Attached: 1504333138906.jpg (581x769, 133K)

>Chocobo breeding is going to be it's own full priced $60 episodic disc

What in the fuck are we even gonna do in Midgar for 2 discs worth? That will just fuck up pacing. I can see the filler now. There's only so much character development you can have and you know they're just gonna waste the Avalanche trio anyway.

>Efficient
>Not Faster
Prepare for 5 discs for part 2

>standalone Midgar
So are you gonna get Red XIII like two hours before the game ends?

>10 years to remake half of the first disc

Oh boy I can't wait to see what the Gold Saucer looks like in 2030

>implying they won't cut him

Mobile game, you mean.

Probably because the .hack "games" were literally just one game split into 4 parts sold at full price each.

How many fucking parts will it be?
And at 60 bucks a pop?

Don't Japanese cucks work 24/7 all year round? Why does it take Square 15 years to pump out JRPGs now??

Attached: 1559403104401.png (393x446, 162K)

FF7 remake was first announced to be an end of life PS2 game.

On one hand this is true, on the other if you have the reading comprehension of a burger and can't figure out it's only Midgar from a quick Google you deserve to be disappointed

Not in sales and not in Japan. A lot of people loved KH3. They loved it so much that Sora is still one of the most requested characters for Smash. And the sales show this. The critics for the game were just as good the other KH games (1 and 2) so there is no worst or better.
KH4 will also sell good.

Best fucking choice my dude.

>That fucking feel when she comes back

if you take out all the running around on the overworld it won't fuck up the pacing at all

fuck square enix,cant wait for ff16 in 2025

Attached: otkk36gf1n331.png (493x766, 439K)

At e3 too
youtube.com/watch?v=thsnDqQu0mQ

>half
Midgar is 25% of Disc 1 at most

Holy Jesus. I'm beginning to wonder if the devs just gossip among each other over fashion and their hair like women do.

Yoshi-P and yoko taro are the only competent directors in that studio

I'll be dead by then...why bother?

In the time since they announced it episodic became an even more toxic buzzword then it already was

>There are cut-scenes around every corner. It feels like a completely new game."

REMINDER NOMURA HAD 10 HOURS OF CUTSCENES IN KH3 youtu.be/3CgBtEF6rNU

Guy cant tell a fucking story trough gameplay. I knew something was wrong when the first boss fight had several cutscenes to slow down the pacing of the fight. As oppose to thaving the thing jump on the wall real time better use cutscenes.. fuck nomura

The only thing I'm looking forward to now is Tifa's model being ripped, given her hooters back, and then made to fuck dogs.

You're just jealous you are an overweight, balding sack of shit.
KYS.

Akitoshi Kawazu is pretty competent too

>I can't wait to see what the Gold Saucer looks like

Attached: final_fantasy_xiv___flying_in_gold_saucer_by_molly_kunare_d8mr1gv-pre.jpg (1192x670, 160K)

>A fucking tech demo from 2006 looks better and runs at 60fps than a remake 13 years later

Attached: 1557950789625.jpg (1059x1059, 124K)

>Why can't they get their shit together
Incompetence. Most talents left the company already.

>what kind of black magic keeps them afloat through so many fuck ups?
Dragon Quest.

b&rp

>25% of disc one

user

disc one doesn't end until the death of aeris

midgar is like

less than 10% of disc one

>trilogy
oh you poor deluded fool

>they will actually charge microtransactions for the arcades there

Wow such innovation! It's like I'm really at the Gold Saucer!

I wonder how they're going to pad it out
I doubt the they'll have the final boss be Motorball

i've never played a final fantasy game before and don't know much about it but the trailer yesterday has me interested. what does this mean?

It was a fucking tech demo, it was never announced as anything else on the PS2, the PS3 also had a tech demo too.

at least his testosterone level is probably over 500

>WHERE'S SEPHIROTH?!
>WHY IS THIS TRANSFORMER THE FINAL BOSS?!

>FF7 Remake will never be finished
>Aeris will never die

Attached: file.png (976x823, 664K)

>Akitoshi Kawazu
yeah but his last game was years ago. We have to see how he is today and then we can judge him.

>what kind of black magic keeps them afloat through so many fuck ups?
shitty DS ports of old games that sell like fucking hotcakes mostly in Japan or low quality remasters

Woah there! Did I hit a nerve?

That you think Tifa's boobs are fine.

>Gil to GP exchange rate is lowered
>option to buy GP with real money

B-Based Square Enix

How much of the game is completed?

Sqaure is a fucking joke. Versus 13 vids also looked better than the final product

and now it won't even be fully released before many of us reach end of life

>FF7 remake was supposed to be Square's ace in the hole guaranteed to print money
>they fuck it up
Incredible. It's absurd how incompetent this company is.

>yoko taro
Without Toobie's ass, N:A would've been just another garbage tier weeb game.

Can't wait to hear:
xbox, jim carrey, steal a bear run and pee Sephiroth

They will fuck up

95% of the first 8 hours of disc 1

PS5 will probably be halfway through it's life cycle before the entire game comes out. Fucking ridiculous. You think they would have learned their lesson with XV. This is games as a service bullshit.

it's made all the more hilarious as all they had to do was make an exact copy with updated graphics and they could have broke the bank with it. instead they do what no one asked for and remake all sorts of shit and change the entire game

And they are both put on ffxiv duty.... for fuck sake yoko taro did nothing for 2 years and is going to spend his next 2 years on the xiv story dungeon.

Yoko Taro can only write bizarre stuff that can be endearing, his games were pretty bad before they partnered with Platinum to make NieR Automata, nobody says "Whoa, Drakengard is pretty damn cool to play", they instead say "Whoa, Drakengard has some crazy story elements".

Attached: 1389738157096.gif (320x287, 982K)

So are we placing bets on if Cloud will try to sell us on delicious Nissin Ramen noodles?

he was smart enough to include it and it most likely pushed the sales so that shows that he is a competent director and knows what people want.
Just look how much Yea Forums bitches at square because of tifa. Yoko Taro did something at least and people loved him because of that

>It has been 3 years since Scarlet Grace came out
Damn

HOLY FUCK AT THIS RATE KONAMI IS MORE COMPETENT WITH THEIR GAMES.

This is stupid. If your initial assumption is that the game is sold complete in one piece then you're not going to Google "is [game] sold in parts" to make sure that it is. It's only if you hear information that would indicate the contrary that you would think to Google it for confirmation.

a lot of people love the original NieR

50/50

Kitase interview says they are still wrapping up midgard section and they have no idea how long t he rest will take, he only says "I do not expect it to be dramatically shorter," he said."
gameinformer.com/e3-2019/2019/06/11/development-of-further-final-fantasy-vii-games-wont-be-much-faster enjoy 2025 for it to wrap up

Yeah it'll be in that restaurant in the slum where you get the dress. You know the one.

>HE MADE MY DICK HAPPY LOVE BUTTS TARO GREAT

fake and gay

this

Not him but kh4 is going to bomb really fucking hard
I don't have a single friend who actually liked the game and i had more than 7 friends who bougth that piece of shit included myself
The series died with kh3 for a lot of people

The gameplay? Nope, all NieR discussions were around "Papa Nier or Brother Nier?", "IT NEVER STOPS", "Kaine with a dick is the best Kaine, fags!"

Man, I haven't been this demotivated for playing a game since Mass Effect 3

you're funny user

FUCK I NEVER GOT THE FF13 I WAS PROMISED

IVE WATCHED THAT TRAILER OVER TWICE A YEAR SINCE 2006 AAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1541157552759.jpg (1024x427, 21K)

>Scarlet Grace
Came only out in Japan doesn't really count if we want to compare him to the other two

it really doesnt.

>midgard
it's midgar you underage

>director does something his public wants
>they like him for it
How can this be?!

He knows how People work

FIVE YEARS PER EPISODE

I'm literally done

true

>tfw no Sephirot bf

Attached: 1456213604793.png (800x795, 62K)

let's hope so because they have to learn how get better in game development not worse. But i don't think it will happen Japan loves KH3 and Square makes games mostly for Japan only

this japanese woman has the nastiest smile fucking hell its 90% gums

>have the gameplay pretty much done
>have the look and feel of the locations already since they are just making in HD 4K HDR 3D VR something that was already figured out
>don't even have to make a story, just adapt it and add some more to it
What would take so long? The cutscenes? the scale?

if only all game director's would think that

>Not him but kh4 is going to bomb really fucking hard
lol no.

>the scale?
They have to make the world map next and all the different towns and locations

No, they dont know how many episodes this will be...and im not joking, its the actual response that kitase gave to that answer.

FF7: EP 15

Attached: 1560146155634.jpg (514x623, 117K)

Well in the meantime, I've never played 8 which they're now putting on PS4. so at least there's that to cope with while I wait for part 1/30 for FF7

>at theat point it will be outdated
Not only that, but the game wil be split across 3 gen, making it look not like a single game at all.

What were they thinking

This is gonna be the same shit as xenosaga. They say it will be big epic sprawling however many games then they'll realize they're idiots and shit out something half finished so they can say the project is done.

>more ff7 is a bad thing
Stay mad. I'm gonna be happy.

>CONSUME CONSUME CONSUME

They'll set up a cloud service through Sony that you have to pay $10 extra a month to use, so Cloud can be on Cloud.

this is a final fantasy game, user

>only Steam and PS5

This, will totally enjoy playing with modded Tifa on my pirated copy

because of people like you Square continues this shit

Imagine if it were moddable. As far as I know it's being made on Unreal Engine and unless they released the decryption keys you won't be able to mod shit.

I actually expect the PS5 Enhanced(tm) version to be released along PC one.

What do you expect from typical snoyggers, which are the absolutely cucks?

Square Enix knew how cuck snoyggers are.

>summon materia DLC
Jesus they just couldn't resist

Absolute shit take, its really fucking simple, just prioritize the following;
>Art direction
>Gameplay
>Character Design
>Soundtrack
>Story
In that order.
If a studio starts creaming over Graphics quality and other meaningless shit like redesigning your characters every three months it's obvious people are going to complain, and rightfully so.

>disc one doesn't end until the death of aeris
you're fucking retarded. Disc 1 ends with Cloud giving the black materia to the real Sephiroth and the Weapons being activated

>Pic related is SE fans.
topkek

Attached: your average sonygger.webm (640x360, 2.99M)

No, he's right. You're thinking of Disc II. Disc I ends with Aeris dying and a part of the area previously blocked off with a "we have to find Aeris" message now accessible

There's what, 3-4 hours of content in Midgar? What's taking them so long and why will it be just one game?

sure thing bud go back to your ningoydo

I MUST CONSUME EVERYTHING

They're padding it out. It'll probably be an open world game.

oh no no no

>Squeenix will go bankrupt from mismanagement before we get the gothloli game

Attached: [Asenshi] Little Witch Academia - 01 [6A9D1E5C].mkv_snapshot_03.38_[2017.01.10_15.26.17].jpg (292x363, 26K)

So it's genuinely a money grabbing move and not a legitimate excuse

HD towns are hard to make.

it was but it wasnt. theyve always used FF7 remake to keep people interested in their brand. Now that 12, 13, and 15 have been social flops they actually have to make it instead of endless teasing.

Don't care. I'm a filthy squareaboo.

pt2 in 2035
pt 3 in 2050
final act 2065

Oh wow, Barret caring for the planet while Cloud acts cocky and above it all? That's SO new and incredibly fleshed out, it's like a whole new story

Attached: tmp_6294wtaw34f24t2t1249002232.jpg (560x622, 65K)

Why the fuck has Square been such a blunder for the past decade?
Where the hell did it all go wrong?

>half of Yea Forums will be dead by the time it's done

Attached: 1553688190538.jpg (500x552, 83K)

It all went downhill after the merge, compare their output on the second half of the 90s to nu-Square

I bet that tech demo is running on PC.

>gothloli game
?

Bingo. Remake will flesh out all the locations and characters. This is something I've always wanted as FF7 fan. Other than having to wait a long time for the entire series to finish, I feel this is going to be the best FF related thing Square will have done in two decades.

>ff16
It would be another sausage fest.

Attached: 1399931171442.png (295x311, 28K)

Attached: Spirits Within.jpg (1000x1500, 182K)

What year can we realistically expect Northern Cave and the final Sephiroth fight?

Attached: 1499892815803.jpg (540x960, 92K)

It would be funny if the disc 2 is completed at the end of PS5.

This guy are sick

>This is something I've always wanted as FF7 fan

Attached: have fun.jpg (300x240, 17K)

An episode for each gen

Attached: Hank Hill.gif (400x300, 903K)

Just like FF Versus XIII. SE fans continue to get played like a damn fiddle.

2035 minimum

Shinra is also now a fat white blonde old guy whose tanned orange

Use your eyes user.

I'm not defending SE here exactly, but to place them among the worst devs in the business today is hilariously wrong.

I'm just concerned about all the guy that are sick on this board

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 177K)

This is probably going to be what actually happens isn't it?
Why the fuck does it take Square ages to get anything done now

Attached: 1502219763284.jpg (551x367, 38K)

But what if people bitch about the graphics if square prioritized on the gameplay

What the flying fuck they do to take all this development time?

Attached: 1559344872527.jpg (200x200, 19K)

It's not going to happen because they'll just give it up eventually, either by interrupting the series completely or by condensing the episodes and scrapping all the planned "exciting additions"

They need to make hundreds of advertisement deals with companies like Cup Noodles

Yeah they haven’t even started on anything after Midgar yet.

This shit just feels like the corporate AAA equivalent of a Kickstarter campaign.

kek they literally spend 3 years ironing out noodle deals and 1 year developing

We can only hope.

I wouldn't say that but they are easily the most incompetent devs out there.

that's exactly what it is. honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they tried preselling the rest of the episodes around the time the first one releases. cash now is better than cash later and square has become full on shekel masters

There's zero reason it should take this long. The hardest part was done for them 23 years ago

I think Sony is to blame honestly. They probably wanted the graphics to be on par with the rest of their games. Problem is that FF7 is fucking huge compared to something like Uncharted which is just a bunch of hallways and is only an 8 hour game.

Can't wait to see what corners get cut in order to meet deadlines. I'm thinking Vincent and Yuffie won't get a fleshed out backstory.

>Monolith soft can make a huge RPG with lunch money and without 90% of staff.
>Squeenix can't finish a game for shit with near infinite money and development time.

I'm not sure if they are stupid to pull a FF7 remake card that soon or desperate.

Attached: 1537242245733.png (298x377, 236K)

Vincent barely had one in the original so there's not exactly much to cut there. And surely they wouldn't cut Wutai out of the game.

>huge RPG
That aren't good

I'm betting they just released un remastered version for everything past the first episode kek

That's not the point

Episodes.

Vincent actually had a decent one if you go back to the mansion with him it explains a lot more about him

>not the point
If they're not good then why bring it up? They also don't even sell close to the numbers FF games do

Almost guaranteed. There won’t be a word map. Part 2 will likely open with some gay voiceover by Cloud recapping their journey, and then you’ll play the Kalm flashback for the full episode. But hey, this time they’ll let you control Sephiroth!

>Vincent barely had one in the original
He had a lot. All of it was optional and out of the way to find.

Kind of. How are they going to put a whole explorable planet into the game? I just can't see it. It's too much. You can't just remake an old jrpg with realistic graphics and proportions. They would bloat to massive size. This may very well end up being vaporware.

What sales have to do with argument.

Even the shittiest FF sold like over 2m easy.

>They also don't even sell close to the numbers FF games do
Which makes the situation with SE even more embarrassing

But what if you didn't buy the first part, and want to play the second part?

You can make a new save file like in Mass Effect.

I will make Midgar great again.

Then you start a new files and your party is set to default levels balanced for the beginning of the second part with a standard set of equipment.
.hack did this shit 15+ years ago.

Why can't mother fuckers just go back to making good games that don't take a million fucking days to render the shiny polygons? I'm about ready to pick up reading because of the sorry ass state of the industry.

That was inner Cloud talking to Cloud.

What the hell did you want? The shitty lifeless Advent Children versions of the characters?

He's saying that the article pretending that this original FF7 didn't have moments like this is dumb

I'll get it when both games are packaged into the complete edition for $20 on steam.

I played FF7 when I was 5 and Im going to be fucking 40 before this entire game is released

>Carbuncle is exclusive to this it seems

My level of anger is reaching new heights.

>people are actually mad we're getting a full Midgar game that's 2 discs long

Attached: abe.png (779x675, 830K)

I'm containing my anger until we learn whether it's just starting you with materia that is otherwise obtainable in the game, or locking the materia behind the editions altogether.

I'm not mad at that, but I don't want to wait a decade to play the whole game.

Yeah because games with filesize bloat are full of content amirte?

Attached: 1543288428887.png (678x846, 920K)

They have to store those 4K FMVs somehow.

prove it's bloat and not cynicism

They can't do that here at least, age limit is 18

the original FF7 suffered from it too it's a reference

Because ton of FF games are stuffed with FMVs that bloat the size.

For the fucks sake FF XIII is 100gb+ due movies.

kek

This is Square Enix we're talking about, why is ANYONE assuming the two discs is some intentional choice? It's filesize bloat and rushed code, I can't wait to laugh when the game comes out and it's unironically five hours long.

Why is it so hard for them to make this game?

Pure incompetency.

nips are lazy as fuck

Why those retards have a obsession of trying reinvent the wheel every single fucking FF when it's been proven more than once that people can be perfectly fine with turn based games.

Attached: 1553179187721.png (282x300, 76K)

Attached: Genius.png (640x853, 1.22M)

So we are gonna have to wait 15 years for the full game. Yeah, fuck that.

SE's management is a fucking disaster, just remember Versus XIII/XV.

It's just a leftover from early FF development. They always strove to be different than Dragon Quest, to keep changing things up radically because Dragon Quest is more conservative. And they just never gave up their rule of throwing away everything that works and starting over the next game. I don't think there's any harm in trying new systems, even the DQ developers were going to with DQ IX before the fanbase showed signs of going nuclear.

japan, you are too fucking slow nowadays at everything

Didn't they completely restart production like, a year and a half ago?
Two years isn't that bad.

The issue is those changes are never done right or bogs down the game even further.

If they didn't had a history of not fucking up hard everyone would be not complaining now.

They moved production in house but there's nothing about them scrapping everything.

There's probably like, ten people on the dev team.

you may wonder why Samsung dominates in the electronic area. Sony is just focusing on the console. Chink bought Sharp.

Nip tech is just a meme

It's been so long since reveal that people probably don't even realize it's not the full game releasing.

2024-2026

There won't be more than three episodes.
Remember. Midgar is the biggest, most detailed city on the whole damn planet. The next most impressive thing is Juno, followed by Gold Saucer.

Everything else is just tiny little who fucking cares towns, villages, hovels, and isolated reactors.
Even something as grand as Cosmo Canyon is just a house on top of a plateau and a bunch of eco-friendly huts, tents, and cave dwellings.
90% of everything outside of the three big impressive places is bullshit nothing as far as the eye can see. Which is obviously going to be a lot less time to make. Midgar is the thing they need to nail. And they'll likely reuse it in future episodes too. Much more than they did in the past.

Although imagine it.
Imagine outrunning a fucking Midgar Zolem in real time, with that giant fucking 4k textured snake slithering through the marsh as your party struggles to make through even on chocobo back.
And then imagine making it to the end and seeing an equally impressive one in full 3D impaled on a fucking tree by Jenova.

Is this something that a lot of people might buy the game without even knowing?

I'm confused why is this game being released in "parts" how long was the fucking PS1 version?

FF sell on brand alone.

Just look at XIII and XV.

They had come along pretty far back in 2015.
But Nomura was too busy with his Disney baby game to pay it any mind, and then about two and a half years later when he finally did look at it, he scrapped everything that had been done and more or less started over from scratch because someone else was making that thing he was taking forever to get to.

I haven't played FFVII, but isn't Midgar like, the first 10% of the game? If ep 1 is just that, it'll need 10 episodes to finish.

Things have become just a bit more complicated since 1997 user

The excuse is that FF VII has too much content for a single modern video game when throwing in modern visuals.The orginal game was, I don't know, 50-60 hours for a casual playthrough. Midgar was maybe 6-7 if you weren't rushing, and Midgar is all part one of the remake is because they're adding stuff/bloating it.

If you were talking about any other dev I would agree with you.

But Squeenix have a really bad track record on their back.

The real goal is probably just to stuff Midgar with as much content as possible. Even if it only makes up the first little bit of the game, and then some other stuff towards the end, it's among the most iconic bits of the game and fleshing out that entire massive city

Realistically you're looking at 3 parts.
A very, very hyper extended Midgar that's dozens of hours long and ends with everyone ready to leave Midgar after rescuing Aerith from Shinra.
Part II is everything from that point up until Aerith bites it.
And then part III is the last half of the game where Cloud is a retarded vegetable, and a good half of the game is spent playing with Tifa as the main character and expanding on her a great deal while searching for Cloud, because Nomura loves his waifu, before turning the game back over to Cloud.

>It's impossible for Square Enix to make full fledged JRPGs in 2019
FTFY.

Bravely Default felt like an accident. Its soundtrack specifically felt way too good for modern square

It's fucking final fantasy, i'm sure they could sell a hundred thousand coffee mugs if they put the right character on it Tifa, duh

Attached: tifa3.jpg (1200x675, 59K)

Then they get ignored as they will buy the game anyway. No one actually cares about graphics in the end unless they look really, REALLY fucking ugly.

>Fired nearly everyone for second game and gave them less budget on top of demoting the franchise to mobile shovelware.

Yep too good to let it loose. Only reason that they can't fuck with DQ is because Japan will riot.

Attached: 1541730088759.jpg (210x240, 9K)

>I can guarantee there will be a LOT of people buying this and when they find out the game is just Midgar, they are going to be pissed
This is a good thing. SE will probably get utterly fucked for that. Can't wait to see the fallout of that shit at least.

Wait what the fuck, is the ff7 remake coming out next year not the full game?

I was hopeful for Square Enix because I thought they were finally able to move forward without other baggages (FFXV and KH3 finally released) but now FF7R is dragging them down again.

Square Enix needs a new generation of developers now and move away from Kitase/Nomura/Nojima team. They need something fresh.

Slowest for sure

I can't wait to play them on PS6 in 2030.

>first game is 2 hours long
>leave midgar, wait 5 years for game 2
>second game picks up at nibelheim with an extended flashback of what happened since you left midgar
>make it to the crater
>wait another 5 years for game 3
>game starts with you waking up in junon and weapon attacking
>game 4 is just a 2 hour movie and the final boss

Imagine how fucking disappointing it would be if they didn't scale all of that up accordingly, though?

no, it only goes til the end of midgar, with a bunch of things that never happened added to pad out the story

wtf...... how many games are there?

>that fuckin' treasure trail

Attached: Ryo did nothing wrong.png (210x310, 59K)

This. I hope they remove materia as well. It's way too complicated for me.

Nobody knows. Spooky, huh?

Remember when Nomura said KH3 was so huge it barely fit on the disk and then it came out and wasn't that big and only 30 hours long? Yeah, same thing will happen here. Nomura is a dirty fucking liar, the japanese Todd Howard. Fuck him.

Mate, they won't even reach Shinra HQ.

>[those chosen by the planet intensifies]

I forgot how good that song was.