BotW 2 Wishlist

Post what you'd like to see in the BotW sequel

Attached: Ganondorf.png (776x654, 324K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HlNFaaW3sB0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Filled out world

play as zelda

a surreal as fuck Majora's Mask-like remake. but that's not happening.

More enemies, more variety, more puzzles and actual dungeons, more unique areas in that shitty empty overworld, and for the plot to take even more of a backseat than it did before.

Decent story like majorai skipped botw

no Ganon
pls just make it a new villain, and don't have him be ganonjacked at the very end (fucking Zant and Vaati)

Sekiro Link and the beta guardians. Come on Nintendo please.

Attached: 1560287028446.jpg (1000x750, 129K)

Was ganondorf /ourguy/ all along?

Attached: 444.jpg (1039x992, 129K)

>new enemies, and a lot of them, lack of enemies was probably the biggest problem with the first game
>darker enemies, stuff like the giant monsters shown in botw's concept art
>ditch the shrines in favor of large scale dungeons, hyrule castle was a lot more fun than any of the shrines
>ditch the brown/cyan colorscheme that everything had in botw 1, it really looked bad and wore me out by the end of the game
>more sidon
>more towns with actual stuff to do

Attached: BOTW Monster Concepts.png (516x484, 357K)

better world, more enclosed areas like the castle
actual progression instead of BotW's "you got more hearts/stamina and you also got better equipment that will fucking break"
don't give out all the puzzle solving gear at once or maybe add a lot more that you need to earn, things that aren't as bad as all the Champion powers that weren't Gale

I've got a couple
>Dungeons
>Better durability system or some sort of forging that lets me make weapons unbreakable
>More story driven gameplay chunks

Attached: Master_Sword_in_the_Lost_Woods.png (1024x768, 1013K)

>They're bringing back unused concepts like the floating island and Link's weird arm
Holy fuck we might actually get all of the spooky shit

darknuts

Uh that’s not how that shit works. Whoever tweeted that must’ve never played a single Zelda game in their entire lives. Ganon and Gannondorf are the same fucking character/existence/entity.

Honestly this is kind of what I hope for the most,
I really like spooky shit and BotW's pristine world really made the main quest feel like it wasn't even that important

Why the fuck are Zelda players all so fucking god damn retarded?

Attached: 1559013627940.gif (283x239, 3.03M)

>Characters I like that aren't fucking posthumous.
>Actual dungeons
>Actual items which allow for gatekeeping and meaningful progression, rather than getting all the needed tools at the beginning
>Midna

I'm probably not getting any of that.

>a darker, more serious tone
That's not to say it can't have lighthearted moments, but I'd like for Ganon to actually feel like a threat in this one
>more focus on story elements
I'd like to feel as though there was some gravitas to the story, or some kind of urgency driving the quest. BotW was great, but it never felt like I was on an adventure, rather I was just sightseeing until I decided to take on Ganon
>unique, themed dungeons
The shrine aesthetic got pretty old. I'd love to see themed dungeons again. In a perfect world they'd be Hyrule Castle tier, but that seems like too much work for EACH dungeon. I'd like to see the climbing mechanics be used to come up with neat dungeon puzzles
>Link's magic arm to morph into items/weapons
That shit is always cool
>Zelda/Link co-op adventure
Not necessarily like two player co-op, but I'd like if Zelda and Link supported each other through the game in combat and puzzles, and it'd be a nice chance to flesh out their relationship through gameplay as opposed to cutscenes. There's a lot of potential for that LoZ charm to work itself in here

>Dungeons
>Major Boss fights more interesting than the last one
>More enemies, if we go dark ReDead, Poe, Wolfos all should be there as well as some new designs

If they keep the BoTW map
>Expanded or new areas
>Major alteration of the overworks (Corrupted or Sacred Realm version would be interesting)

Combat that's actually fun to play and side quests that aren't all just fetch quests.

weapons that dont' fucking break what fuckign nightmarishly stupid mechanic

What if they change it? Who else could the guy from 10,000 years ago be?

DUNGEONS
D U N G E O N S

>more linear/more structure
>way more traditional grand dungeons
>no more weapon durability meme
>more fishpussy

Yeah basically those four.

Attached: 749190.jpg (640x480, 36K)

Fast way to move uphill, like a hookshot. With only shieldsurfing and gliding, it feels like they have HALF of a fluid entertaining movement system.

It could have been a fine mechanic if weapons weren't so plentiful. Having all of your good weapons break and being in a position where you have to fight your way past strong enemies with whatever weak shit you had left led to some of the most fun moments in the first game, and it's a shame they were so rare outside of the Great Plateau and the Trial of the Sword.

This is going to be easy
>Same world, just a year later
>More settlements, monster attacks dying down, so people are trying to rebuild
>More traditional dungeons unearthed because people are exploring
>Link's new arm allowing for some crazy grapple stuff, making vertical movement a little easier, but not to the point where climbing is trivalized
>Zelda to not be captured, either you can go to her and unlock more secrets of the arm, or she has her own sections as she travels with Link, so she gets to do science stuff to help out, like she wanted to in the last game.

That's pretty much it. I think this would make for a perfect sequel. Now to just wait two years before we get even the first real info.

Maybe just a male Gerudo? The Hero's Spirit isn't exclusive to Hylians. Maybe it reincarnated as a Gerudo that time.

make it possible to enjoy it without importing and consuming somali cum first

>The Hero's Spirit isn't exclusive to Hylians.
Since when? Link's always been Hylian.

Diving
Caves
Fast traveling removed
Sheikah iPad style menus removed
Cloth maps
Compass
Darker themes

Bring in the tiny lads.

Attached: tiny-people-botw.jpg (1280x582, 578K)

What Demise says. He specifically mentions he'd follow Zelda's "bloodline" and Link's "spirit of the hero".

New element interaction possibilities and simulations.
New races, not just do-overs of past ones.
More weather conditions and environment hazards that won't end up getting trivialized by late game gear.
More enemy variation and not just enemies who can wield swords and clubs, etc.
A new villain that's not Ganon.
More fleshed out guests to stumble into as you explore.
Reworked dungeons/shrines.
Same tone overall but with even more dark undertones here and there.
More quality of life features like a Korok seed finder or being able to quickly equip your favourite armor sets.

>dungeons
>dungeon items
>lots of dungeons
>lots of dungeon items
>fun dungeons
>fun dungeon items
>content in the world that requires dungeon items or certain combinations of dungeon items

thats already in the game, you can see links hand getting the blue jizz and sasving zelda with it

For it to not be made?

>>Midna
Keep good female Zelda characters out of Fujibayashi's grasp.

We would have to go to underworld or something for this. I'm down

Rebuilt/expanded settlements, actual dungeons or caverns if not that, more armor/weapon variety, forging weapons and specialized items for puzzles traversal etc

Nerf weapon degradation and make it limited to reckless, improper, or inefficient use.
>hitting enemy shields/hard objects
>extended submersion in water
>throwing
>shield surfing on hard surfaces
>holding a bow at full draw for extended periods or firing several volleys in succession

WHAT IS THE SONG USED IN THE TRAILER
I KNOW IT'S REVERSED BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS
FUCK

ALSO, LIKE-LIKES

Attached: 1477271897961.jpg (329x348, 45K)

Where is botw on the zelda timeline? Fuck, does the timeline even matter?

Link's past life. Obviously.

CAVES

Actual fucking dungeons and not those mini dungeon shrine shit.

Less collectibles or at the very least make it worth collecting them

Yeah and it just so happens the spirit of the hero belonged to a hylian.

A couple steps back into old Zelda conventions. I want to have to do "X" dungeon to obtain a particular tool that will allow me to unlock "Y" dungeon. I don't want to start with Batman's utility belt giving me an array of superpowers. I want to feel like I'm all on my own hiking through treacherous sprawling landscapes that conceal wonderful temples and foreboding dungeons.

The timeline has always been retarded. That said, the official word is BotW is a convergence of all the timelines at the very end of it all.
So a timeline reboot, if you will.

>imagine there are dungeons with no rewards at the end
>bosses killed long ago
>just some random enemies who found a new home inside

But he's right.

>Focus on dungeons
Looks like it's happening
>Story
Looks like it's happening
>Playable Zelda
Might happen

I want weird and wonderful environments courtesy of Monolith.

Attached: sylvalum.jpg (1280x720, 82K)

Based suggestions, but don't let Yea Forums know about these.

For Koizumi to direct it.

So this is Turn A Zelda

It looking like adult timeline. Because ganondorf being under the castle.
Get fucked mat pat

I just want the game to run at 60 frames per second.

Fuck Nintendo and their underpowered hardware, fuck portabilty, and fuck battery life. Just make a Pro console for us NEETs already

-Bring Poes, stalfos, redead, deku babas and other monsters back.
-Keep the shrines and the heart/stamina system attached to them but tone down the numbers to favour a few traditional dungeons.
-Bosses be in the overworld or at the end of dungeons
-Zelda is useful somehow and it's not kidnapped in 1488 miliseconds
-Keep the open world formula

Where was that said? Do you have a source?

more korok seeds
and maybe shrines!

BotW is at the end of the timeline. So everything happened before this.
>does the timeline even matter
not really, except if you care about seeing things in a current game that reference back (or forward) to other games.

So it's Turn A Zelda, there's even a trap section

>Unbreakable weapons
Git gud you fucking scrub
>T. Has 15 Lynel Weapons in his back pocket

Well the trailer already ruins it, but no Ganon and no Hyrule.

People hyping this up as a similar game to Majoras Mask seem to forget that a huge part of what made that game great was that it had nothing to do with Ganon, Hyrule, or even Zelda (with the exception of one short flashback). A lot of people really get defensive about the trio formula, but fucking hell it works so goddamn well when they DONT USE IT

Attached: 1558889865185.png (680x687, 424K)

Just bring back Pieces of Heart. They were perfect exploration rewards, I have no idea why they were dropped for BotW.

>tfw hoped Link and Zelda moved and lived comfortably in the house Link built up
>instead they're going dungeon diving and unleash an even bigger threat

it's not fair

Attached: 1515760072376.png (1280x720, 274K)

>Liner
Nigger

Nah dude they need to double down on the portability aspect and remove the ability to hook the thing up to a TV.

to be honest. Sheika Slate retooled to become more like the traditional items in previous zeldas.Weapon Durability to be there but not be a hassle when handling weapons. A weapon crafting system that doesn't feel like a goddamn afterthought which was my biggest complaint about this zelda and the dungeons.
Traditional or hell mega dungeons like the Castle was

These are all solid wants.

Eh it all depends on what they do with it. Personally I like the idea of them realizing Calamity Ganon was only the tip of the iceberg when they accidentally unleash Ganondorf back into the world

I didnt like majoras mask so everything you said doesnt apply to me.

Go see your good friend the sun you fat fuck

Attached: 6F0293F7-FFC3-4BC5-915A-117BF68E9106.jpg (1024x733, 99K)

They were dropped so you would have a reason to chase shrines.

I almost forgot.
improve the combat and AI of the enemies

>>tfw hoped Link and Zelda moved and lived comfortably in the house Link built up
Link and Zelda make a shitty pairing faggot.

Unificated Timeline, there´s 3 Ganons now.

>Actual Dungeons
>More enemy types
>If durability stays in the game, show how much it has left
>Add in special attacks like in Twilight Princess
>Cookbook that shows all recipes you have discovered
>Less Korok Seeds Why the fuck were there like 800 of them?
>Less Shrines but better designed
There is probably more, but I can't think of it right now.

More enemy variety. Off the top of my head Darknuts with different armor that is weak to different elements would be cool as heck. Iron armor that conducts electricity and can be yanked around with magnesis. Wood armor that can be burned by fire or chopped up by axes. Stone armor that needs to get blown up or crushed by blunt weapons. Once out of armor they do some teleports behind you type shit.
Redeads that move a bit faster than you jog, but slower than you sprint. Their scream depletes your stamina, but they can only move in darkness.
I'd also like to see the hookshot return. It is such an iconic Zelda item and it seems like it could be fun with all the climbable surfaces and getting to move up faster.
Being able to put more animals in stables for you to ride and fit out in armor.
Make cooking actual dishes matter. The "Hearty" bonus should not fill up all your regular hearts, that level of full heal should only be for proper dishes.

Attached: ura_wizzrobe_darknut1.png (1728x864, 710K)

Give me dungeons on the level of the Oracle games that made me hate myself and feel like a retard

Swimming and underwater content.

I unironically like breakable weapons. It forces you to use different shit.

BOTW was fucking empty as hell though. Fun to play the first time but after you've explored everything and realize there's almost nothing it isn't worth playing again. Get rid of trials and just bring back real dungeons, but keep the physics based puzzles, those are fun

LET US FISH

More towns.
More storage options besides one house.

If they reuse the overworld then I'm hoping they take the opportunity to fill it out and change up some stuff. Show hyrule rebuilding itself as well.

I'm also hoping that the area under the castle where you find ganondorf is going to turn out to be an expansive dungeon, hopefully one that may take several trips to explore as you progress the story and open more areas.

I want caves.
Also underwater caves.

>Dive deep into Lake Hylia
>Undersea creatures like MM eels and horrific octorok variants

>Shrines replaced with less but more detailed/environmentally varied mini dungeons
>Main classic dungeons
>Zelda companion or interchangeable companions between the friends from the first game. Maybe the ability to play as and customize Zelda.
>New tools and abilities to find throughout the game (actual fishing rod, hookshot, etc.). Only necessary for their specific dungeon, serve as optional tools everywhere else which can provide alternate gameplay methods (if they still go the direction where you pick what do do first)
>Some sort of playable instrument/music tools
>New twilight/dark/mask like ability related to the green arm
>Tame/interact with more animals. Not just normal horses.
>Wolf link companion for any dog/wolf you find
>More enemy variety (Skullatas, Dekus sprouts, etc.)
>Weapon durability stays, but now with the ability to discover unique indestructible weapons and the ability to reinforce weapons
>Smaller weapon inventory, make the player think about which weapons to bring now that durability is less of a problem (Horse can carry more weapons for you)
>Healing inventory smaller (Horse can carry more)
>More combat techniques for each weapon, each with their own specific weaknesses and strengths.
>Hardcore mode which limits hearts, prevents healing in battle, no fast travel
>Option Dark link invader mode
What I got for now

Attached: botw link.jpg (736x520, 53K)

>Zelda has literally one job
>Somehow forgets Ganondorf's fucking corpse

Attached: 1518203839859.png (596x437, 765K)

Ganon and Ganondorf are, yes. But i don't think Malice is. I think Malice is a separate entity, so perhaps Ganondorf was chosen to stop Malice.

It's at the end of every timeline.
That is the canon.
It's so far ahead it could fit anywhere.

A nerf to Flurry Rush
Dungeons
More enemies now that they already have a few set down
More combat moves
Real time item use
New runes
Runes that remove the fluff from the inventory (torch and deku leaves)

>Dungeons that follow Hyrule Castles design philosophy
>SPOOKY SHIT BECAUSE GANONCORPSE

Attached: 1560275167658.jpg (662x610, 66K)

the main villain to have nothing to do with ganon/ganondorf. I'm tired of shitendo's stale storylines, give me a new villain or bring Majora back and explain where the crazy bastard came from

I hated them. They never felt satisfying

Zelda playable (highly hinted in the trailer)
A new map , of course
Much, much more secret areas
More variety in shrine (or equivalent) themes. Instead of just one, have five or six (or more !)

>>Zelda companion or interchangeable companions between the friends from the first game. Maybe the ability to play as and customize Zelda.
Take this out and then it's good.

DARK WORLD

Attached: 1531191759962.png (1440x1080, 1.71M)

>and explain where the crazy bastard came from

The MM Manga explained that, canonically

>t.mipha

>forgets
If anything it looks like they're going searching for the corpse shortly after the end of BotW.

>sasving zelda with it
the green hand was grabbing link's arm

Midna

Sort of. It sort of explained that. In a really vague, nebulous way. Majora was a god. That's about all you get. Same for Fierce Deity.

I think its near the end.
I can only guess from the reappearance of the ruined lon lon n shit.
Honestly, the idea of a recurring evil always being banished by the hero is kinda depressing when you think about it.
Just an unending circle of pain and hardship, or people straight up getting murdered.

Mipha was just as trash as Zelda. Riju was the ONLY good girl in BotW.

>That said, the official word is BotW is a convergence of all the timelines
The official word is that is takes place after all other events, and they specificially left out any mentions of the actual timelines.
The convergence crap is not official.

>You just can't wait for me to DIE, can you?!?

Attached: tumblr_psyaj37jiW1rusl4xo1_400.png (400x400, 114K)

At the end, my theory is that it’s a loop, ganon becomes calamity then becomes demise, then
Ganon etc

Well based off of the trailer it looks like the white hand is extracting something from Ganondorf's corpse.
Look here.
While the hand is extracting it from the mummy Ganondorf, you can see the normal Ganondorf in agony in the shadow.

Attached: handd.png (1141x639, 907K)

This sounds really cool!

It always seemed to me there was more pointing towards the adult timeline anyway

>all these people who want to get rid of shrines for dungeons.
Is it too much to to ask for both dungeons and shrines?
I love puzzles so much

get out of here you little rascal

Do you think the game will take place mostly underground?

More enemies.
Less damage sponges.
Improved weapon system. (I'm not entirely against weapon breaking, but it needs rebalancing or something.)
Better cooking system. (extra hearts / stamina makes everything else pointless)
No shrines.
Proper dungeons. (don't bring back the whole dungeon map, compass, boss key format though)
Unique items. (I don't care if the quest line has to be linear)
Sidequests and minigames with heart container rewards.

Kek

I just want the puzzles integrated into the dungeons so it feels more integrated with the story rather than having a shitload of one-off puzzleboxes scattered around the map for no reason.

Attached: Zelda.jpg (500x375, 48K)

And fuck, how could I forget, new weapons like daggers and the chain ball. As well as the older zelda outfits/weapons no longer being amiibo locked.

Attached: botw art.jpg (640x347, 77K)

>Ganondorf will probably have full voice acting

Attached: 1550281724479.png (259x258, 123K)

>hand is from the new puppet of Majora
>hand is from the happy mask salesman, who is actually an eldritch horror shapeshifter

All they had was koroks for collectibles though...

i don't think they ever even knew he was a person and not a force of nature. they never once refer to "calamity ganon" as a he.

Ganon from WW becomes Demise.
Ganom from Fallen hero timeline becomes Calamity Ganon.
This is the Ganon from the child timeline, they exist at the same time due Timeline unification.

Urbosa did.

10/10

> game begins in the underworld, sprawling caves and deep chasms underneath hyrule
>the footage we saw is from the opening minutes of the game, Zelda and Link are trying to do magical macguffin
>the weird monster/priest/redead we see is ganondorf's mortal body, barely sustained by the last remaining traces of the demise ev
>when it wakes up in the trailer we saw, it TEARS OPEN A PORTAL IN TIME AND FLINGS THEM BOTH INTO THE FUTURE, WHERE GANON'S EVIL IS LAE. NOW THE FOOLS SEEK TO RETURN TO THE PAST AND UNDO THE EVIL THAT IS GANONDORF

Attached: aku_by_mystic_forces.jpg (900x1165, 216K)

>Ah sand, sweet sweet sand...I ALWAYS HATED IT!

>Diving/underwater exploration
Very based suggestion, hope it happens

Just more interesting locations and dungeons. Shrines need replacing with underground areas you can climb down into, not just load screen elevators.

playable zelda
playable Midna

I don't want a BOTW sequel, I want a Zelda sequel.

Sure, but Calamity Ganon came from somewhere. And if BoTW truly is at the end of EVERY timeline it's not like they wouldn't know the history of their own fucking kingdom. They would know how Ganondorf was.

I think something like that is how they're going to get around having the map be basically the same as the first game.

>Himekawa Mangas ever being canon
Can't believe Ghanti was the one who actually killed Ganon in A Link to the Past. Amazing how Link raised baby Volvagia when it was established it was an ancient dragon even by Ocarina of Time.

Attached: Ghanti.png (400x500, 378K)

No more weapon durability

>Ganon from WW becomes Demise
Demise is canonically pre-Ganon. His cruse became Ganondorf

Kass' penis

They should at least give us 1 unbreakable weapon that's sorta on the weak side that also doesnt have to recharge after a certain amount hits with it.

This makes sense. It always bugged me that the chosen hero from 10,000 years ago was red haired.

I dont know shrines stopped dungeons from having there own personal gimmick.

A
FUCKING
TREE

I just thought it was a cool suggestion I saw other anons saying, could make for interesting puzzles having to control two characters at times

>Bio-baba

Attached: 1560129029178.jpg (456x386, 98K)

they didn't know shit about history in ww. it's very possible they didn't know anything about ganondorf in botw. more likely than not they find his corpse while exploring underneath the castle and accidentally unseal it.

Ganon time travels and becomes Demise/himself.

Why not just do the thing in Skyward Sword with the shield where you can upgrade them to the point they're no longer breakable?

Also don't make the master sword suck ass this time. 30 damage on any non-guardian? The fuck out of here.

Spirit Orbs, weapons, clothes, rupees, food, bugs, monster parts, horses. All of those are technically collectibles, at least as much as koroks are.

If they're not gonna remove weapon durability at least let the weapons last longer.

More outfits, more enemies, lots of side quests. Less shrines and more natural mini-dungeons like caves or wooded areas.

Unrelated, but do you think that's supposed to be Ganondorf's corpse, or did he mummify himself like the sages did?

Attached: Zelda BotW Link 2.jpg (810x1166, 122K)

second world not based on hyrule and real dungeons

That's fucking dumb.

Shrines sucked donkey dick. Just put puzzles in the overworld, it would fix several major issues with the first game in one fell swoop.

spelunking, tons of new enemies and bosses, dungeons, return to old item like combat and puzzle solving, winder waker like boat which you can use to go to diffrent islands, underwater levels

Why do people think the game is going to have the same underworld? All the footage looks to be underground

I am home alone and this in combination with the (you) you gave to the other user actually made me laugh my ass off.

I never realized we had a meme so accurate for Ganon.

Take your (you) and GTFO

Jesus Christ, please.
We need to have most of the fucking concept art back.
Yes, even the alien invasion

he's probably not dead. possible that the green hand thing is keeping him sealed there. my theory is that all the purple energy that makes up "calamity ganon" is just his energy leaking out.

Give me more dungeons, some more puzzle heavy, some more enemy heavy
A better power progression that doesn't rely on just getting stronger weapons off monsters or having more health
No food usage in battle, only potions with a limited carry amount

Redeads, and
hopefully a questline exploring the dark deeds of the sheikha

Attached: The+redeads+actually+scared+me+the+most+i+remember+once+_2e3ab4344127b797ccfdc638f0d91b5a.jpg (700x650, 192K)

Nah, either deliberate time travel to the past to try and get the guardians to work 100 years ago (and inadvertently cause them to malfunction, ensuring that BOTW isn't paradoxical), or Zelda and Link are flung far into the future where Ganon's evil is law WATCHA

Attached: how-to-draw-aku-from-samurai-jack_1_000000001334_5.jpg (1000x881, 69K)

I dont want the overworld to look like a block puzzle but every where user.

Another picture of mummydorf.
The way his head is thrown back kind of reminds me of ganondorf's death in Windwaker. And people have speculated that the BotW world is post-Windwaker. Might be nothing though.

Attached: ganondorf.jpg (1123x624, 67K)

Attached: 8F620BA7-E796-4B7C-ABE0-C7C521F5013B.jpg (600x600, 49K)

Better combat, pieces of heart and an actual loot system. No amiibo shit pls. An actual writter.

How about a fucking soundtrack

>Zelda and Link are flung far into the future where Ganon's evil is law
that's literally dark world you retard

>same underworld
There was literally zero underworld in BOTW.

Attached: I HATE YOU.jpg (1280x720, 37K)

I would like dungeons a bit more fleshed out. Shrines were fun little puzzles but things only got "kino" in Champions Ballad.

Really liking all the talk of an explorable underground. Also give Link a hookshot hand if the trailer was leabt towards something happening to his arm.

>redeads
>dark deeeds of the sheikha
what?

They can be living together in the house and just doing dungeon stuff for fun

Remove all guardians and replace them with Darknuts.

Attached: Darknut_(Twilight_Princess).png (751x903, 493K)

>ctrl+f
>only once Fishing appears in this thread about features in the next Zelda
Fuck you, guys. Fishing is always top comfy shit in Zelda

Attached: 1550776847913.png (363x296, 136K)

Loftwings return and you can tame them similar to horses, harder to find and more dangerous tame. Traits vary based on environment (Fire, Ice, regular, etc.), used for quickly traversing hyrule as well as accessing some specific areas.

Attached: zelda loftwing.png (491x645, 448K)

Play as Zelda. More dungeons. That's really it

Attached: 1e2f721aa86e28cc313332686f336ab4.jpg (734x938, 93K)

Just give me fucking Ganon.
Actual god damn wizpig, giant-sized ganon.
Give me the feeling of the Zelda 1/LttP climax again.

>Nintendo-horror
You know what I am talking about. It's hard to define but we all know what it is.

He meant overworld retard.

Honest reviews. I won't be baited into buying a BotW again. The first one was mediocre garbage but with a lot of potential. I hope they can realize that potential in the sequel, but I won't hold my breath.

I've always thought BotW was the Turn A of Zelda—so far in the future it doesn't even matter anymore.

Getting pretty confident that's Ganondorf, but who is hand?

non playable zelda to piss off trans faggots and other cucks

A good theory brought up was that they were trying to keep him alive to prevent him from reincarnating.

That's probably a seal since he literally can't die. My theory is that after the events of BOTW Zelda and link try to find the source of Malice because it is still affecting life in Hyrule and end up there. Malice is actually the way Ganodorf found to escape the hand's binding and obviously Zelda and Link fuck up and release him.

I know of what you speak.
>dead hand
>mario piano

Something like Clocktower for the SNES?
That wouldn't work in a Zelda game

I'd like something like this plus being able to keep non-horse mounts like deer.

Maybe make things like the stalhorses and the lord of the mountain harder to tame, much harder in the latter case, but we also get to keep them.

The cutesy on the outside, frightening on the inside, dread-inducing yet not really gory atmospheric horror in an otherwise non-horror game? Yeah, I know it, and I miss it. This is my biggest want for BotW.

Attached: Link_vs._Dead_Hand.png (1920x1080, 1.32M)

Based. Fuck fags and waifuucks

>Direct sequel to an incomplete game
Oh boy, I can't wait to play TWO-HUNDRED AND FORTY SHRINES
or maybe it'll be Majora's Mask 2.0, and finally do something fucking original for once in the last twenty years. Maybe.
Shame the gameplay and assets are still going to be hot boiled garbage.

Attached: 66FD60BC-76E6-4A63-A5EF-901EEC10E7EF.jpg (400x240, 28K)

Just halve the number of shrines or less and give them more uniqueness/personal flavour.
I mean look at the sublevels in Mario Odyssey as example, they were really similar to shrines in concept. Some had a "generic" design while others were designed to fit into the world they were in.

This is the best design. I hope botw2 is like twilight princess. It’s still the best in terms of atmosphere and world building and music.

I agree user, fishing in BotW would be perfect.

I came here expecting someone to post Mystery of the Druids.

It would appear my faith was ill placed on you newfriends.

Dark world is a corrupted version of the Sacred Realm, not a future Hyrule. It's more like an alternate reality or sub-dimension or mirror world.
The Aku suggestion IS literally Ocarina of Time, except it could be interesting if it was much longer than 7 years.

Something like this

Attached: images.jpg (275x183, 9K)

>Implying Nintendo has ever been capable of making new final bosses

We have stablished that he shall be referred as Ghoulnondorf

Attached: you.webm (240x200, 137K)

You mean spooky imagery you saw when you were eight?
Yeah, I though redeads were scary too, and then I grew up and took the final redpill psychological horror of the mundane is far more frightening

Ganondorf's return was what I wanted the most. It's been nearly 13 fucking years since Twilight Princess. Besides that, the return of regular dungeons and good variety of enemies.

Attached: ganondorf trident.jpg (2880x3189, 1.14M)

Wait a minute, that Robe....

Attached: preddy meer.png (682x589, 42K)

thanks, bruv

ganon wins, everyone dies, and the series ends

So you guys think this is a 2020 release. I want to say yes because reused assets, but we really don't know how much their going to add, such as a whole new world. Also the game doesn't even have a title yet.

If it is 2020 though, that years is going to be absolutely stacked with good games.

Fuck, sensible expectations and suggestions! You must not be from around here.

>Got so fed up with reincarnations and redoing everything that he decided to mummify himself
The absolute madlad

no zelda, no hyrule, no ganon.

More actual dungeons and less of the trial bullshit. Weapons that don't break so I can feel rewarded when a chest has a weapon in it instead of a temporary stick that will break in one or two encounters. Co-op.

The ability for Link to have an inch long floppy foreskin. That is all.

A good game

I hope Ganondorf isn't the main villain, I hope they have dungeons, dungeon items, more enemies, especially more enemies like lynels, a darker atmosphere, a better story, and new places to explore other than Hyrule

>Link's weird arm
explain

Actual dungeons that are as seemless as Hyrule Castle, more enemys, more items I.E. Hookshots, spells, etc. and a rework of the weapon condition system. Would honestly be the perfect adventure game if so. To me at least.

>wanted to say we get it next year
>realize 2020 is actually next year
fuck I'm getting old

This. And I would love for them to explore dark themes.

Noooo! I don't want to go back to left-handed Link.

Attached: r01 (3).jpg (600x600, 333K)

>Have to play (and pay for) two games just to get the sense of adventure and heroism that usually comes with one
I'll just replay Dragon's Dogma. At least climbing has a practical use other than shortening the arbitrary distance between two puzzles that are more entry level than fucking Zoombinis.

Theres going to be some twist about Ganon being separated from Ganondorf.

Maybe 2021. Think about how long botw took but also account for the fact that they have everything they need this time but it could take some time.

they definitely knew about ganon
their entire thing they were doing was preparation
they just didnt know who/what ganon was or where he was

This. I want it to be more focused instead of spread out thin.

Weapons in this game are the new Phoenix downs/potions. Basically you collect them and never use the good ones. It is stupid there should be some sort of permanancy with weapons so when you open a chest you get hyped instead of "whooo" another potion.

That's not being good at the game, that's farming the game.

It's going to be holiday 2021. We'll hear about it a bit in 2019 December for the Game Awards, get a juicy story trailer for E3 2020, and then a bunch of gameplay trailers scattered around various Directs until E3 2021 gives us the hands-on.
Then it'll be delayed until 2022.
Screencap this.

>caves already confirmed
That was my main want, lmao. I hope the game is as cave focused as this trailer, and they are implemented in such a way as to provide more constraints and some linear sections, ie Zora's domain approach, when you get to small tunnels on the edge of the cave system. Now it just needs to not fuck up.
>paraglider nerf to encourage shield surfing for vertical traversal and walking/unconvential strategies, ie cutting down trees to cross the ravine in the Preat Plateau's birch forest for horizontal traversal
>New overworld/Hyrule only appears in the beginning
Hyrule as the actual overworld again is only acceptable, if the underworld is enormous and Hyrule is fleshed out AND rebuilt.
>no co-op or escort quest
>60fps
The one guaranteed fuck up, albeit with the exception of the Switch Pro launching alongside the game

Anyone claiming it might not be ganondorf is being silly.
It's a dried up body sealed under hyrule castle oozing the same darkness as calamity ganon.
Also it has the same forehead thing ganondorf always has.

The hand is probably some ancient sheikah magic based on the design. The magic writing in the air that spirals around is also part of the hand. They probably sealed ganondorf which is why he ended up shedding his physical form and became calamity ganon.

In the video there's a brief flash where the magic seems to be connected to Link's hand. As if maybe Link was trying to strengthen the seal or something but he fucked up and ended up releasing ganondorf.

Attached: twilight princess ganondorf.jpg (960x540, 66K)

>Concept art Punished Link has a mechanical arm that can transform into shit like a hookshot
>BotW2 trailer Link has a glowing blue arm

Doesn't even work like that in their continuity given their alternate ending to OoT they were too cheap to reintroduce in the slapdash "remake".
The cycle always returns, because reasons.

I never understood people that want linear progression and dungeon items. I don't remember a single Zelda where all dungeon items were useful. In fact it's one of the most frustrating things in Zelda games for me. Get macguffin, solve stupid puzzle, beat easy boss. It's the fucking Zelda formula.

It's more frustrating than breakable weapons.at least on hard mode I had to analyze battlea a bit and everything I had felt usefull to some degree.

Ganondorf on a floating piece of land happened, and Link losing his arm/an arm as a weapon is already very likely. A lot of the concept art for Botw is coming true, Link got a motorcycle in the DLC. Are we getting aliens??

Attached: ganondorf botw.jpg (1000x499, 146K)

>huge part of what made that game great was that it had nothing to do with Ganon, Hyrule, or even Zelda
WRONG. What made the game great was all the different masks which added a lot of unique gameplay and the feeling of futility.

Winter 2020- early 2021 title, if we're being optimistic

Given that the corpse has the gerudo symbol on it and seems to be male and the story shows a redheaded knight we might be heading into a "ganon is not ganondorf anymore" scenario And that not-ganon dorf would probably have banged that zelda

Been here for years, just know how to temper my expectations, but they really don't have to do much to make this good. The heavy lifting was already done by the first game. All they need to do is expand shit. I guess I should have also said a few more enemy types. I doubt they will update the old enemies that much, while they can then add in some of the other enemies the series has been known for. Babas, Skultulas, Pol's Voice. If Zelda will have to deal with any enemies, should she be playable, then they will need more types that can be treated like puzzles.

There is only ONE thing that I'd like to see...

Attached: midna.jpg (800x1097, 250K)

Then the pacing and entire structure is fucked because there'd be nothing stopping you from steamrolling everything with an unbreakable, high-level weapon. Do you want everything to scale to the weapon you're using? Because that's the only way it would ever work.

Link wielding the glowy hand energy.

Attached: glowy hand.jpg (1125x626, 89K)

>play as Zelda
what would this even be like?

Soooo, MGSV?

My assumption is that the hand is a seal and the green strands are the hand, originally being larger/attached to something else, falling apart due to the passage of time.

Sadly this is probably 100% accurate.

The overworld did have puzzles though, they mostly unlocked or lead to shrines.

>don't give out all the puzzle solving gear at once or maybe add a lot more that you need to earn
They did that so wherever you go you have the tools to do the puzzles and complete the shrine, otherwise you would visit shrines and not be able to do anything. Not saying I preferred this method, but that's why the did it.

>>Unbreakable weapons
>Git gud you fucking scrub
You would have a point if the durability was tied to something skill-based. In Skyward Sword, shields only deteriorated if you mistimed a shield bash. I would have loved to see a similar thing in BotW, where weapons only deteriorate if you hit them into walls or enemy shields or if an enemy parries you. Then preserving weapons COULD be based in skill.

If it's JUST starting development, then hell know. Majora's Mask took only a year, but it was extremely rushed and it shows in some areas. Even with asset flipping, they will still have to create new things and that can take a while. Deciding how to change the map of hyrule, which civilizations have expanded and things like that. I'm expecting 2021 at the earliest, 2023 at the latest. Not nearly as long as it took for BotW to get made, but still a good bit.

Not that I have any evidence, but it would be cool to give her detective/archaeology sequences like the Arkham games.

>halfway through the game we reunite TP Link and Midna

Is there any man on Earth capable of giving Ganon full VA?

Not to mention the end of the trailer showing the green magic swirling around petering out, signifying that whatever was keeping Ganondorf in check down there is now gone.
>Zelda spent 100 years containing Calamity Ganon, never knowing the true evil that was kept in place by a much more powerful force

Is that a fucking flying Death mountain?

Can only use one handed swords and wands and bows, but has access to unique runes which require reagents to cast.

You never should run out of weapons even in master mode. The problem was how fast they would break and you had to open the menu so much.

>legendary figure had inexplicably flowing long red hair in the mural

WHAT THE FUCK

>instead they're going dungeon diving and unleash an even bigger threat
What else are they supposed to do for money? They need to eat.

It's quite possible he loses his hand from this. Maybe his hand becomes the glowy hand and that gives you some special powers in the game.
Notable is that it's his dominant hand (botw link isn't left handed) so he would hold a sword in that same hand.

They're not separate?
I mean I know Dorfmaster can turn into a pig or whatever, but I assumed he was just a normal sandbabby. Well, normal within reason, given the 1,000 year male drought or whatever.
I always assumed Ganon was some gay evil entity (I.E. Demise) and the two were bound by fate (Hylia or the GG's, those gay faggots), but not necessarily one creation.
I don't know, I never paid attention to this shit.
I was still hoping that BotW Link was actually going to be Punished "Venom" Ganondorf, and the game would end in his being consumed by Calamity/Malice.
Maybe then a sequel would make sense.

The gem in the forehead was broken in Wind waker, so we already know witch ganon he isn´t.

>古代文明に
>とり込まれてしまった男
So I guess Link is losing his hand and getting it replaced by ancient technology. Probably going to be some mental struggle bullshit about the technology trying to take him over

Make weapons only lose durability when your attacks are blocked or parried. Weapons would break if you're not careful, but a skilled player could hold onto them much longer. Skyward Sword did this with shields; they only lost durability if you did a regular block, but not when you did a properly-timed shield bash. If you got good enough that your defense was entirely dodging and shield bashing, you'd never have to replace your shield.

More Enemy variety, more abilities, returning characters from the first game, entirely new map, playable Zelda or Zelda party member, new outfits, and more dungeons

I know, and the overworld puzzles were among the best parts of the game. Make them all like that.

yyyyyyyyessssssssssss dungeons 10x better

After seeing the trailer, I'd really like some sort of underworld with more fantastical landscapes. I love conceptual, fantasy underground ecosystems like those in Hollow Knight, Subnautica, and select Metroid games that had them. I think with BotW's art direction, it can be pretty breathtaking. Plus it would take the development team away from doing more plain natural environments which may get stale in a sequel if they're not thoughtful about it.

Otherwise, I'd like
>More useful home/base.
>Weapons items that can be upgraded into being unbreakable.
>Hookshots for speedy travel.
>More unique items in general.
>Better swimming
>A more robust library of spells.
>Zelda as the co-op companion for the obligatory Joycon sharing gimmick. Ability to alternate between the two in single player

Attached: serveimage.png (1920x1080, 1.86M)

Be better than current item system. I am sure there is a happy middle ground. Like item levels not existing and using sidegrades instead of upgrades. A weapon with better range does less damage or is slow. Elemental weapons like they had to make certain encounters easier.

Orrrrr just do what they have done in the past and make melee unbreakable but other skills/items not. I don't know the gimmick to me became stale after awhile. I was sick of never using my best weapons and the game is not as hard as people make it out to be. Keep the breakable thing but let me repair for rupees and other materials in shops.

Zelda kinda forgot about Ganondorf's corpse.

I hope the Switch emulator will be good enough in two years

dungeons
a new continent to explore
darker themes akin to Majora's Mask

Attached: 1508947863791.png (585x585, 141K)

Who would be the single best choice of voice actor for Ganondorf?

>linear progression
No one said anything about linear
>I don't remember a single Zelda where all dungeon items were useful
Then design them to be useful?

We need more of those, actually.

the game without that weird blurry white fog over everything

I'm betting the hand is corrupted and disappears, making Link think that he's lost it completely leading to Zelda learning to wield the Master Sword only for the magical arm to pop out and suddenly become a weapon or item when he's in danger

ganondorf contains demise

>the blue hand is actually a Twili reaching through from the Twilight Realm to keep Ganondorf's corpse sealed
>Midna had kept her Mirror of Twilight intact all along

Your weapon is permanent and you find sequential upgrades to it no mater where you explore.
So doing content that rewards a weapon will always give you a +1 better weapon than what you were using, for one of the weapon types.
Explorations is still encourage because you want to find all the upgrade locations, and since the reward depends on what you already have, you can't just skip to the end and instantly become overpowered.

>Not having Ganondorf as the villain
>dungeons that don't just use the Tower of Gods aestetic
>more interesting side quests
>classic enemies, Re deads, poes etc
>Dungeon bosses that arent just phantom Ghiblannon re skins

Kelsey Grammer

>More useful home/base.

One prominent thing in the trailer is what looks like some kind of pack animal. It’s a huge thing, too.

I want a Zelda game where Link becomes the great Aryan King and is the final boss of a game where Ganondorf is instead the main hero. Its a alternate dimension (not like the link between worlds, something unique). Make it happen nintendo. I want to DORIYA my way through a "Zelda" game.

What if Dead Hand screamed like Orphan of Kos?

Attached: deadhand.png (1233x1069, 2.43M)

>Midna had kept her Mirror of Twilight intact all along
What? How? The thing literally exploded at the end of TP

gyro controlled combat

like Skyward Sword's motion controls, but better

Let me punch dudes with my fists

This was almost exactly what I was going to say. Emphasis on
>new enemies, and a lot of them
having like 10 in the entire game was just lame, especially since the map was huge

I have some questions. Do you think Link will start will all his gadgets from BOTW? Do you think Master Sword will be available for use from the start or will it be lost/damaged?

She could be a defensive magic user. Her magic would be used to move things, stop enemies, protect herself, etc, but she would have no direct attacks. Enemies would become obstacles and there would be environmental traps and things you could use to kill them sometimes, but mostly they'd be something you need to avoid. It would be the Captain Toad Treasure Tracker of Zelda games.

Dungeons with themes
Weapons that don't break and feel significant to find, with upgrade options and dye options similar to the armor system in BotW.
Spooky stuff, poes, redeads, wallmasters, gibdos, something new along those lines.
NPC sidequests that I actually give a shit about.
And more importantly, the option to get rid of the CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT job they did to Zelda's fucking long hair. Stop doing this you fucking chinks. Just make the character have short hair in the first place if she's gonna have short hair, stop getting rid of long haired girls. I'll fuck you.

Attached: 1463200836043.png (399x333, 238K)

left handed swordsman is cool and different than every other hero being brown haired right handed man

Actual sequel, I fear this gonna taste like addon.

Have master mode be in the base game and have it be actually more than a number boost

But the "PRESS X TO ADVANCE MOVIE" detective mode sequences were the worst part of the Arkham games.

>wanting simon says combat over the superior TP combat

Officially, its at the furthest end of one of the timelines. They won't say which, or don't know which, so some believe that its a unification of all timelines.

Having a backsack full of unique items is strangely satisfying, and they usually come into play one way or another in the puzzle designs of the dungeons to come later.
Obviously the ideal solution would be to bring a sizable inventory of practical tools in a unique sandbox with BotW dungeons that were originally promised (I.E. Hyrule Castle).
The formula was fine, it just needed to be improved tenfold for the lack of innovation outside of gimmickshit. Instead they threw out everything in favor of popular gimmicks from the last twenty odd years, and executed them mediocrely.
I'll never not be salty that you can't climb INTO the Divine Beasts, and that they're all but entirely separate from the overworld. What a wasted fucking opportunity for some actual gameplay, all in the name of a stupid ass open world.

>BOTW-inspired Twilit redesign
what is it like?

What the fuck were they thinking?

Attached: 344px-Redead_WW.png (344x598, 161K)

Weren't the previous games retconed as being only fairytales and old bedtime stories?

Unironically Tay Zonday

I definitely want darknuts, but keep guardians in. More enemy variety is always better.
And guardians really spice up a fight. In trial of the sword I accidentally aggro'd a guardian and a lynel at the same time and it was the best fight I ever had in that game.

In the trailer he was wielding the master sword

Actual dungeons
Good bosses
A world that doesn't feel empty

This except the last part

If they don't give us dungeons, at least make the shrines less samey and make them organically placed in the world, rather than sticking out like a sore thumb. Just give us interlocking caves and underground segments.

I actually hope they don't go back to more challenging dungeons because divine beasts of botw were already difficult enough for me.
I prefer more puzzle variety like shrines.

500 shrines, 5000 korok seeds, 50 divine beasts

>Twilit redesign
Well that depends, do you mean the inhabitants of the Twilight including monsters and people or just the world?

>Are we getting aliens??
Maybe not actual aliens, but I expect something similar conceptually. Freaky Sheikah ghosts would be my guess based on the hand in the trailer.

link would wield it in his off hand and then when he gets his old hand back he'll dual wield

Well Ganondorf is a sandy boy. Give it to the guy who voiced Bayek in Origins. He does a good sandy voice. Just tell him to be an asshole and you're set.

> Maybe
> Maybe
> Not happening

Yes but it will probably be lost or damaged

She broke the one in Hyrule. If Hyrule has a Twilight Mirror, then there ought to be a Light Mirror in the Twilight Realm. Oriental philosophy is all about duality, balance, yin & yang, etc

>BOTW is the absolute end of all timelines
Then how is it possible to have a sequel?

Attached: thinking.gif (256x256, 663K)

But that wouldve been better and conveyed a sense of progression. Getting a new item would also become exciting cause you'd think back and remember that you could use it to explore a previously inaccessible area.

In other words, fuck casuls.

Valentine Dyall

People keep saying they don't want ganondorf but we haven't seen him in a mainline game in like a decade. What's wrong with having him back in some way shape or form?

There's nothing to stop you from just not fighting enemies.
What's your point? That the open world structure in a game that isn't about high-octane action (and I use that term unironically) is for retards?
Didn't work for MGSV
Didn't work for TW3
Doesn't work for BotW
Open-world is a cancer, Sandbox is a legitimate game design. BotW is just a castrated Zelda game in a shitty, generic overworld.

Oh right, THESE fuckers. No wonder the Betweenlands Peat Mummy fills me with such horror.

Magic stuff?

First, let me break down BotW's weapon system:
>Weapons can't be bought or sold.
>You get weapons from shrines and chests in the overworld, meaning you'll get more weapons whether you engage in combat or not.
>This means weapons have no value, whereas monster drops and treasures from enemy camps always have at least a monetary value.
>This means hoarding weapons gives you no advantage at all, and will cause perfectly good weapons to go to waste when you have to throw them away to make room for more.
>Constantly expending weapons is the optimal way to play. Running out of weapons is never an issue as long as you keep exploring, which is what the entire game is designed to incentivize.
>Because of this, players who choose to hoard weapons are punished with a worse experience, as they're not able to use weapons with as much frequency or variety as they could otherwise.
>Massive amounts of players call this a bad thing, and would prefer if hoarding weapons was less disincentivized. They suggest things like weapon crafting, repairing, forging, reinforcing, buying, and other mechanics which would break the above systems by ACTUALLY incentivizing players to use their weapons less by giving weapons monetary value or the possibility of being kept for a longer period of time if the player doesn't use them.
tl;dr: BotW's weapon durability works entirely as intended.
But because the literal babies who have trouble with the system complain about it SO FREQUENTLY, it will most likely be dropped or changed for the worse in the next game. My hope for BotW 2 is that this doesn't happen. I do want traditional dungeons back, but I want to see how they can be made with weapon durability system in mind, not without it.

Attached: 1533606752628.jpg (500x750, 64K)

>YEEEEEAAAARGHH
>YEEEEOOOOW
I'd laugh.

This would be amazing

Breakable weapons have no place in Zelda, except for the wooden shield.

> Loses the Shiekah Slate since the Wii U references are dated allong with his arm
>Get's a Shiekah Prosthetic that covers the Runes from the Tablet.

Mite b cool.

Attached: 1557888679844.jpg (560x396, 131K)

Remove the voice acting please. It was god awful anime style voice acting in BOTW1. Hated it. Make them talk normally or don't have voice acting at all.

Fun theory, and it could make sense considering the 10,000 year gap. Denise's hatred (malice) could have taken a disembodied form similar to beast ganon before deciding to latch on to Ganondorf and handle things with more plotting and trickery. The question then becomes was there an original Ganondorf under the castle this whole time while a second (and more, depending on timeline) Ganondorf was born and chosen by malice again? Why keep going after the gerudo king? And why do they keep essentially naming their king Hitler?

A different Zelda voice actress

Attached: 1396077153692.jpg (998x810, 100K)

No he doesn't, he sounds like your stereotypical Nigerian fuck, not a fantasy Arab.

>except for the wooden shield.
Shields aren't weapons anyway.

End as in it took place after every other game at the time. The new one will obviously take place after BOTW.

Really, I don’t remember them like that. I didn’t mind the break from action, and the evidence you picked up was pretty intuitive.

>returning characters
what characters?

Wait I just thought of something. What if the trailer is the very beginning of the game, Link and Zelda get trapped, and the floating castle takes them to some sort of sky land or something? Is that possible?

Are you retarded or something?

>Watch a town and it's residents live through impeding doom and despair as a constirpated moon inches closer them over the course of three days
>and again
>and again
>and again
>AND AGAIN
>There's also death everywhere
Impressive how 10 years didn't give a shit about that.

Idris Elba

I don't want ANY other weapons apart from Master Sword. I hate using other weapons and hate weapon degradation and crafting and loot and equipment. I want it to be like OOT and MM.

Ride moblin and bokoblin dick
Tease link with your ass, but never actually fuck him
Get raped to death by a lionel when you take your play a bit too far

>Sheikah Arm is his right arm
>he must use his sword with his left hand to make use of the Sheikah Arm
>Link is restored to his former glory as one of the few left-handed swordsmen in vidya

>find strong weapon
>"nice, finally something better than these stupid fucking bobokin clubs"
>use it
>"excellent the enemies are actually dying now"
>it breaks after 3 dead enemies
>back to using the shitty clubs again
fuck off

this

Zelda as waifu should know her place and be a princess to be rescued

I want actual power progression outside of the amount of health you have.
In BotW you get all your tools right away and the only real power you gain is more health and more armor that is basically just more health. To be honest I wouldn't mind seeing some type of a skill tree

Definitely a possibility

Attached: 1329100212632.png (136x144, 4K)

That's true, but I think it's heavily implied that the old time line is irrelevant now

Give it to any scruffy voice actor from the dark souls games. All of them are great.

Then go play OOT and MM.
BotW formula was a groundbreaking success and is here to stay.

Real life peat mummies are fucking horrifying all on their own. I saw one in a museum once and I couldn't bare to look at it more than once.

Not gonna lie have a few of these things and it'd be cool

Shit I want that alien invasion thing so bad. It looked amazing in the concept art.

Let this be to BotW what Majora's Mask was to OoT

This trailer already gave me a lot of what I wanted

>Darker tone
>Story isn't just flashbacks
>At least a significant portion of the game is underground/dungeons
>Zelda is your companion, possibly controllable
>Link loses his fucking arm and becomes Sekiro

The only thing that I want that we don't have confirmation on is better English voicing and a better healing system

He's boring because Nintendo never does anything narratively different.
At least shit like MM and Link's Awakening tease the idea of a different storyline, even if they eventually devolve into the same gay shit.

That's be a completely retarded design choice for the type of game BotW is.

Based
Boring
>Doesn't save good weapons for hard enemies, and shitty weapons for easy ones
Retarded

A story

Attached: 84065A21-7389-40E5-A927-38B4F9E667DE.jpg (1024x1024, 50K)

not him, but Kass and maybe one minor village NPC would be cool

Pitched-down Willam Dafoe.

Makes sense. Weird how the vil monsters is green while the hero is Blue with red hair.

Attached: Theory.png (1355x989, 1.7M)

uhhh bro I thought I wasn't supposed to save weapons for later I'm just supposed to use them as I see them, which is it?

John Goodman

I just dislike having the Batman belt full of usless things. But I do agree about the sacred beasts, my hopes would be to add them like in shadow of the colosus, it will use the climbing mechanic and feel satisfying.

Looks like we're already getting some of that darkness that BotW desperately lacked. Ganondorf looked like an actual desiccated corpse it's great

Will Link keep the glider thing and the bombs and other gadgets?

>spooky shit
I'm fucking glad to see Zelda get spooky again. Hopefully this shit makes it into the actual game

>Link you motherfucke, nobody gives a fuck about a 40 degree day

Trailer is almost certainly the very beginning of the game, because it's the only bit the devs will have worked out yet:
>begin at the beginning

Where the fuck are we going to go so that we don't just do Hyrule again?

Dark World?

Termina??

>castle going to space
Time for kino

Attached: majora.gif (500x246, 499K)

So basically you want them to go back to the old formula ? Fuck off that shit was a dead horse.

Attached: gibdodad.gif (500x300, 2.22M)

Whomever it may be, it'll ne'er be able to top this casting and script

Attached: 3994C43B-D1CB-48B2-B0AC-792EC8DA368C.jpg (1280x720, 93K)

Or just have weapons like in any fucking JRPG. You can buy some decent quality weapons as you go along, but truly cool weapons are rewards for exploration or going through challenging shit. Give them special skills to encourage using different weapons, and give them the same upgrade system armor has so you can use your favorite weapon in end game. It it's not broke, don't fix it.

Attached: 1412443824858.png (243x296, 35K)

>But because the literal babies who have >trouble with the system complain about it SO FREQUENTLY, it will most likely be dropped or changed for the worse in the next game
This makes me sad. They're probably just going to make it only Master Sword at worst, and at best it'll be "OH LOOK YOU GOT THE BIG BONGO SWORD OF HUGE DAMAGE, LOOKS LIKE YOU'LL NEVER HAVE TO USE A DIFFERENT WEAPON AGAIN"

I like when things are the same as when I was a kid. I hate new things.

>>At least a significant portion of the game is underground/dungeons
They literally only showed one underground area and they woke up what is probably the last boss of the game there. There's no promise here that there would be more
>>Zelda is your companion, possibly controllable
There were plenty of cutscenes with Zelda doing things with Link in BotW

An enemy who can really kick your shit in. Something that can maintain the your first fight against a lynel feeling throughout the entire playthrough.

Attached: BotW_Lynel_Model.png (817x1091, 583K)

There are two moments in the trailer where it looks like someone falls and a hand grabs them.
On the left is Link catching Zelda. (you can tell from the sleeves, and there's also a scene where the ground collapses beneath Zelda)
On the right is the glowy hand catching Link.
So it looks like maybe Zelda falls, Link catches her, Link falls, and the hand saves them both.

Attached: catch.jpg (1166x668, 78K)

Seismic activity + dark magic = Hyrule's geography fucked beyond all recognition, basically turns into a dark world.

Dungeons and more towns/NPCs

Attached: 630e8e064185f15817bdadaf0ea4d854.gif (600x600, 574K)

I'm actually disappointing that botw is getting a sequel instead of them just making a new game, I hated the weapon and armor system and shrines got old fast, I just want a more traditional LoZ experience

Attached: 1540533581457.png (796x712, 282K)

I wouldn't mind magical weapons that deal different types of damage or have special effects, like ice weapons slowing/freezing enemies.

I'm assuming a lot of it is underground and they're limiting how much of the original map you can go to

Still even with just a little bit of time after BotW they can do a lot to show how Hyrule has changed with Calamity Ganon no longer hanging over people's heads and the federal government returning

NOT TAKE MIRROR!

You never use the "copper sword" or the "mythril sword" in any JRPG past the second dungeon, its a constant power creep where you just buy the next tier of armory after every boss.

>it's the only bit the devs will have worked out yet
That's not always the case and we also have no idea how much of the game is completed.

>Use them as you see them
Who told you this? I thought it was pretty simple that you use weapons dropped from shitty enemies against them and weapons dropped by big enemies against big enemies. Did you play the game using the royal sword or whatever it was called against early game mobs?

So obviously higher David Lodge to do it then.

do we have any more information apart from the teaser?

meaningful rewards, more enemy variety , better dungeons,optional dungeons that you can find randomly while exploring which when completed make exploring/combat better

damn. Ganondorf has gotten rekt before but this time he got absolutely fucked.

What's wrong with the armors?

Go back to you NTR pit

>There were plenty of cutscenes with Zelda doing things with Link in BotW

Except for the literal ending those were flashbacks from a hundred years in the past, this is the present

I'm not saying it's impossible that they won't just put her on a bus like 15 minutes in but having a companion would be a pretty obvious way to change this game up from BotW

Here's another interesting shot with a shadow of ganondorf after the hand has somehow disconnected from him.

Attached: shadow.jpg (1212x672, 126K)

A more traditional gameplay progression that allows for actual dungeons and difficulty curves. I want more non-linear flashbacks but I want them to actually do something with them. Fuck weapon durability. Keep a lot of the freedom but actually give some direction and have the game be less of an afterthought in the sandbox.

Dear Nintendo, please implement Darknuts, Iron Knuckles, and Fokkas.

Attached: Fokka.png (406x398, 153K)

>ne'er
Nigga it isn't 1500, just say never.

Attached: 1547172948371.gif (240x266, 1.83M)

It won't be out until 2021 at the earliest, if it was 2020 they would have said it's coming in 2020

the DS zelda's were actually pretty good in that regard. none of the villains in those games have any ties to Ganondorf/Ganon at all. other than that, I can't think of anything recently besides Demise (who is still just canonically supposed to be OG Ganon).

3 Goddesses reappearing from their long vacation.

Aliens, lots and lots of aliens, since Breath of the Wild's original concept seemed to involve Aliens and Space.

Yeah and you never use the bokoblin club once the dragonbone ones start dropping. It works like that in BotW too. I'd prefer to have the weapons function like Dark Souls where you actually can use any weapon until end game if you just upgrade it.

>man literally too angry to die

>Ganondorf looked like an actual desiccated corpse it's great
I agree, it really was surprising.

Is this the Zelda game being made entirely by Monolith Soft that got leaked a little back?

Go to bed David Lynch.

Is the hand disconnected, or is that the instance of the hand being put on him to begin with? The shadow for Ganondorf looks like it isn't a withered husk, so I think that was just a flashback showing what happened.

Dating Options.

The ability to romance NPCs in the game.

I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm just saying it's not really something you can assume one way or another from just one cinematic

Fokkas? Fokka you

Attached: images (7).jpg (300x168, 9K)

Give me a crazy looking overworld

I don't know about entirely by Monolith Soft, but the trailer gave me massive Monolith vibes so they probably have a bigger role on the dev team this time.

A more expansive underground. The shines are suppose to be WAY down, they can fit an entire cave system above the shines. Imagine going into a cave, exploring around and then finding an exit. Now you are in an entirely different section of the map. Now imagine that this is the main method of 'fast travel' because after Ganon's defeat, all of the Towers and Shines deactivated.

So you can have the hyrule overworld, which is mostly the same, few changes and stuff. But then you have the underground, a completely new place, filled with even more dangerous monsters, types that haven't been seen in a while. If you explore it enough, you can find good weapons, Heart pieces and Stamina fragments, as well as stashes of Rupees and maybe even a few free armors. Then certain places on the overworld would also have entrances to dungeons. Some of them in familiar places, such as on the great Plateau and others in some of the less explored places from last game, like Akala.

My only hope for the game is that Ganondorf isnt a zombie the entire thing and gets fully restored.

We still don't know how much they've done. They likely started shortly after BotW and it looks like the same engine and possibly the same world. A studio like that can knock out a hell of a lot in this timeframe and under those conditions.

You spend the first few hours of the game getting one shot by everything until you get the materials to upgrade them which often involves killing the things that are one shotting you and making you get the upgrade in the first place, it just felt like an incredibly counter intuitive system

>All of the Kingdom will be yours to explore
>Even the Blood Moon

Gerudo King Route for Link

youtu.be/HlNFaaW3sB0

the music is a large part if it.

Just put fucking skateboards in the game

>ctrl+f Riju
>now only 2 hits
disgraceful

I know who that spooky hand bringing Ganon back to life is

Attached: agahnim.png (1839x1449, 969K)

No you moron. That's Link and Zelda.

Thank fuck Miyamoto didn't pull this faggotry.

Is aught amiss? Be ye vexed?

Dual audio is pretty much guaranteed day one so it won't matter for me

It'll just feel like a ripoff, and like I mentioned Nintendo can't write the dialogue to be worth it anyway, and Grigori's dialogued aren't even really that unique, just composed and delivered fantastically and in a great context.
What's Dorf's most famous line? Some nonsense about the wind, in a retarded context that ends in a scene with some fat fucking ghost teleporting behind him?
They can't even do combat better than Itsuno

I think you're right. Whether it's a withered husk or not is hard to tell from the shadow, but more importantly it looks like the shadow is wearing clothes. The withered husk has a few rags hanging off him but not clothes like this.

So this is probably the sealing of Ganondorf.

*sits on your Master Sword*
Now what?

Attached: zldd.jpg (1000x1196, 402K)

This makes sense

Definitely hoping for darknuts/iron knuckles to make a return. They were pretty much the only enemies in previous 3D Zeldas that could pose a good challenge. I always thought they would have been perfect for BotW.

Attached: MM_IronKnuckle.png (567x505, 182K)

Did someone already note that we need more strongholds to storm? Hyrule Castle was outstanding and we need more of that.

>helping ganon

Looks more like it's keeping ol' Dorf sealed there.

This shot makes me think that we're going to deal with a vilain other than ganon this time around. Maybe the reason why there's a calamity ganon in the first place, that hand looks like it's coming from some sort of evil wizard.

aliens would be cool if they are rare and obscure
>Dark night in the game, harder to see
>Fog weather
>Strange music starts playing
>Bizarre alien encounters, start with UFO's and gradually become more strange

Some weapons should not break at all like Master Sword.

Farming simulator

More clothing options.

More house options.

The haircut was a good idea

>caves/underground tunnel systems
>Death Mountain being explorable
>hard to find, optional overworld bosses
>more enemy variation, bring back Deku sprouts, Darknuts, Skulltulas, etc
>traditional dungeons for story as well as optional dungeons hidden throughout the overworld
>underwater exploration
>don't make combat so cheesable, remove Flurry Rush as well
>more fishpussy

Attached: 1501488595252.jpg (1100x2465, 775K)

Why not those labyrinths they had for a couple shrines. More of this would be nice. Nog a fan of traditional dungeons

I GOT IT GUYS

When the castle rises up Hyrule is mostly fucked all over again. This time we don't have an open overworld: Link and Zelda must venture the open UNDERworld of Hyrule. Heavy dungeon crawling, original dungeons with themes (like and underwater dungeon, a forest/root dungeon, volcanic one, ice...)We will have a few points in the humongous underworld where we will be able to access the surface, but it would work like "islands" surrounded by a deadly fog or something.

Attached: 1365554058390.png (900x1260, 616K)

That sounds like most games with armor trees.

I M A G I N E

Attached: 4554335453435.jpg (2800x2800, 841K)

He's bringing him back to life in human form

Zelda should be pregnant 24/7 to be honest.

>Cool weapon bro lemme cop

Attached: LikeLikeOrigin.png (287x332, 102K)

I'm sure they are well on their way but it's nowhere near finished if they can't even say 2020 as the release year. That cinematic is probably the opening just from what happens in it and the fact the story is probably not fleshed out all the way yet

The hand is almost certainly a magic sheikah seal. Ganondorf circumvented the seal by shedding his body and becoming calamity ganon.

>soulless eyes like a dolls eyes

I don't think having sex in a dank cave filled with malice rats and a rotting corpse is a good idea

Finding and exploring dungeons will probably be a bigger part of Brap of the Wind 2.

Attached: 687786768768768.jpg (1280x1707, 372K)

This was the one thing BOTW really lacked. The only really cool areas that stood out were Lanayru Peak, Akalala Citadel, and Satori Mountain.

It is creepy looking, but it seems like it merges with Link and this event is what wakes Ganondorf up. I would expect that much like many previous Zelda, this hand will be our new guide, like Zelda, the King and Impa were for BotW. Hopefully it won't be someone that constantly interrupts us with things we already know.

I'd prefer if they reused some of the overworld but also focused on underground exploration areas as well. I don't want to wait five years and have the story/dungeons take a backseat because they want to do the largest cave systems in vidya.

I'm going to say Holiday 2020-Spring 2021, I really can't see them stretching this game out for 2 more E3s with what they've shown us so far

Real dungeons spread out throughout the game
Items like the old zelda games (Roc's feather/cape, hookshot, other gadgets, etc.)
Way more enemy variety that isn't just recolors

They aren't taking the Overworld away at any time soon. I'm for the Big Underground dungeons or any kind of real dungeon but there's no chance they will take away from their glorified tech demo land.

user, I...
You'd have to design enemies who have a varied, unpredictable movesets that aren't telegraphed for five seconds.
Also you'd have to design enemies to not just be worth fighting, but mandatory, and with consequences.
You know, like a vidya game. Nintendo isn't into video games anymore, despite their insecurity on the subject.

Attached: F7CD6EFB-EABF-4E5F-97D2-3AB5DE979F0E.jpg (1024x504, 94K)

>This was the one thing BOTW really lacked.
That and interesting characters.

I'd take Roc's Cape over the paraglider.

Attached: 435445334534.jpg (1336x738, 72K)

Whoever made that image is drooling idiot. Goddess-blood princess is Zelda (Hylia) and fearless knight is Link. It's reoccurring theme in Zelda games that Link and Zelda beat Ganon in different ages.

I'd be fine with them keeping tech demo land if they just dropped bunch of shit on top of it honestly

You can help female Gerudo hook up with other people.

You can't hook up with a Gerudo, yourself.

Fucking bullshit.

Not really very few games take a literal one shot approach, you get off the plateau in botw and then proceed to spend the next few hours dying to a single arrow or sword hit, forcing you to play perfect and then having it suddenly become irrelevant once you've killed enough stuff is just bad design

Concerned with that shot of Hyrule, I really don't want it to be in the exact same world. Hopefully Link and Zelda come across some portal down there leading them into another giant open world.

It looks like poor man's atmospheric scattering.

Attached: Battlefield 3.jpg (954x2693, 461K)

That's why they're in a forest

Absolutely

Playable Zelda.
Twilight leaking into Hyrule.
Magic.
I also expect the corpse in the teaser to be the 8th Heroine and not Ganondorf.
Zelda is falling into a hole as the ground crumbles, separating her from Link, who is getting trapped in magical shenanigans.

Zelda marriage

ADOL CONFIRMED FOR BOTW 2

I want Deku Scrubs back. Octoroks on land didn't cut it. Also the Babas. Why have the Deku Tree in BOTW and nothing else Deku?

Attached: 200px-MM_MadScrub.png?version=2176318eb460b2cb752da4ebd8afe55b.png (200x219, 51K)

All I know is that chopping down a tree to make a bridge, or using those pulleys and scaffolding in Gerudo to ascend the cliff face were a lot more fun and engaging than just brainlessly climbing everything. I hope they make traversal a bit more engaging

How did The Duke of Dorks know?

Looks like the forgotten temple.

a hearty fuck you to anyone who wants BOTW2 to be more linear and gated
part of the fun of BOTW1 was that if you find something in the overworld, you can do it. you dont need to come back to it in the huge fucking map 20 hours later when you have the shitty item you need

Which is why it appeared from under Hyrule Castle. Calamity Ganon never broke out of the seals that the previous Princess placed on him with the sacred power. It was always reborn out of Ganondorf. This was probably the compromise. They couldn't kill Ganon or seal his physical body in the sacred realm, he would just continue to return, as per the curse. But if they kept him alive and immobile, through the same process they used to create the monks in the shrines, then he couldn't do much. At least, until he figured out how to shed bits of his spirit to act on it's own, possessing things. This was fine though, because being only in spirit form meant that he could be purified after the Hero weakened him. With the knowledge of the cycle of his rebirth, future generations would be able to prepare for him. Instead of being surprised by the man, they would fight a beast.

>Creepy and helpful companion hand
I think I figured out link's next buddy guys
It's his time to shine!

Attached: paperplease.png (628x351, 234K)

>darker sequel
>We're gonna get visually darker bosses like: Bongo Bongo, Death Sword, and a scarier version of Gomess
>scarier enemies like fans wanted: Redeads, Poes, and Wallmasters
>spookier music like : Shadow Temple Theme, Ikana Valley theme, and Minish Cap's Royal Crypt

I'm hype.

Can't use it right away due to his corrupted hand, once he blesses it or whatever, he will be able to use it again. At any point you could equip it, but it will drain your health rapidly.

Oh god this.

It's definitely Ganondorf, but as others have suggested in this thread, he may have actually been a hero at one point.

Uhh, if you went straight into Gerudo Desert I could see why you would think that, but every other direction should just lead you into a bunch of normal bokoblins. Most players go toward Kakariko, like the game nudges them to. I can't think of any other reason why you'd think the earlygame one-shots you all the time.

>Link, Is you taking notes... on a motherfucking prophecy!?

He's been in a ton of games too and is exactly what I first thought of when I saw the hand. No one wants to comment on if the hand is attached to a whole person or not either.

I got a big rock with your name on it, 10 year lease

Fuck you, it made everything piss easy and braindead. It turned exploration from an actual adventure into a sightseeing tour where everything is encountered and then forgotten five seconds later.

Zora's Domain was good. It was probably the most creative area in the game aesthetically.

>implying that butt isn't made for BRAAPPPP

and then it has to be reforged in the dark world

A new map

In my game Link makes mad dosh killing every Talus in the game once a blood moon and selling all the ore to the Gerudo in Goron city. It's a lot safer than traveling to the cursed pit that apparently holds Ganondorf's mummified corpse

Then why does the hero have red hair and style like the corpse?

Part of the fun of previous zeldas was coming across a gated thing (like a big rock over a fairy fountain) and coming back to unlock it once you acquired bombs.

Remove the reason I never wanted to buy the first one: the fucking weapon durability.

They're actually making BOTW concept art into a sequel. That's cool.

Attached: yqF7O9F.jpg (4032x3024, 761K)

>DMC: Breath of the Wild
ALL OF THESE VOICES INSIDE MY HEAD

Yes, structure is bad. 5-10 minute dungeons good. Open world with literally nothing to do except inconsequential fetchquests and killing trash mobs in impractical ways with the source engine physics good.

Hey, that's pretty good.

Attached: 1529535655354.png (462x362, 249K)

It's every region, I'm not sure why you're acting like it's not, you follow the quests and once you've seen Impa no matter which divine beast or memory you decide to go for you will get instantly killed unless you decide to cheese around everything or stealth, if you like it that's fine but I want an actual LoZ game

Pregnant Zelda running around barefoot

BotW is the perfect example of Lynchian
the entire screentime of the plot and characters consists of Link following Zelda across Hyrule doing nothing of particular note so that they can potentially defeat an ancient evil that the citizens of Hyrule have grown so accustomed to that once the evil is upon them they are not just resigned to its fate, but actively ignoring it and living with it. A game so mundane that even Ganon's minions get bored with the calamity and eventually just tease the villagers with a passing bump on the noggin. An entire reality so casually obsessed with the tediousness of a square routine that the moon itself constantly resets the world so that it and the inhabitants can begin again, setting out to do? Nothing in particular.

Attached: B2944E6E-A5AC-4692-B758-1098D32F4D56.gif (720x404, 3.89M)

Why does Ganondorf look like Eddie from Iron Maiden?

Attached: Iron-Maiden-debut-album.png (807x807, 1012K)

They will probably just re-use the oveworld and the last boss is going to be sitting in a floating castle

Why does Zelda have red face? It's a fucking art style.