Is anyone else disappointed with the Reddit approach they've taken with this game...

Is anyone else disappointed with the Reddit approach they've taken with this game? Le doom slayer universe le edgy interdimensional travel le ancient alien heaven civilization le doomguy spaceship across epic planets and solar system le dimensional platforming and boosting le grappling hook and climbing le bullshit tryhard over-designed weapons and epic wrist blades.

It shouldn't even be called Doom at this point.

I count Doom 2016 as one of my favorite games of all time and that actually feels like Doom, it was quite focused and didn't have too much bullshit - Mars base overrun by demons and then a journey into hell. I wasn't a huge fan of the comedic direction they took the UAC and the ancient doom slayer locked away and all that argent d'nur sentinel shit, but that was fine. Now look at Doom Eternal. In the words of Doomguy, what the hell is this? It's not Doom, it's something else now.

And don't get me started on the multiplayer. I loved the Doom 2016 MP and was looking forward to see a maybe more Quake-like approach in the sequel, but no, what did they do? They made some garbage meme play-a-couple-of-matches-and-drop-it asymmetric multiplayer instead. Why do people have to shit on perfectly serviceable multiplayer modes? All it accomplishes is the sequel either has no multiplayer at all or has some garbage faux-innovative multiplayer that belongs in the trash. See Far Cry 4 for the exact same shit. "HURR LE MULTIPLAYER BORING LE SINGLE PLAYER SOOOOO GOOD I DIDN'T KNOW THERE EVEN WAS A MULTIPLAYER MODE I PLAY SINGLE PLAYER!!!" And then the next game's multiplayer is a fucking abomination, instead of something that isn't really groundbreaking but is still really fun to play.

Attached: doometernal.jpg (1202x1500, 389K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Doom/comments/byrul5/doom_eternal_official_e3_story_trailer/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just because you add le to everything doesn't mean that it has become reddit. Something like Borderlands is pretty reddit, though, at least humor-wise.

>this game is not the real doom
>unlike the one with the more identity crushing art direction and a two weapon limit mp
because the real sonic the hedgehog has blue arms and dante is meant to be an edgy half angel half demon

>EVERYTHING I DON'T LIKE IS REDDIT
No, fuck off. This game looks fucking great and it's clearly just a more fleshed out and LONGER iteration on the previous game. Doom 4 already had lore shit and it was great, the game handles itself like Metroid Prime in that regard and it works well, why do you think for even a second that this game won't do it the same exact way?

>Reddit approach
stopped reading right there.

Remove le and my point still stands. It's like fucking Avengers or some shit, total garbage, Doom is about a grunt on a Mars tech base fighting demons and then going into hell. That's it. Not whatever this is

You never played the original doom you retarded zoomer, fuck off back where you came from

yeah, Doom 2016 was a shitty painkiller/serious sam clone, with some God-awful lore tacked on about an evil robot and satan energy and some ridiculous shit like that.
Also the LE RIP AND TEAR xD brewtal dewm glory kills turned me off, it's reddit incarnate.
I dropped it immediately, even 3 is better in hindsight.

Attached: bf0z4.jpg (620x454, 29K)

>I loved the Doom 2016
>In the words of Doomguy

Attached: 1560251203970.jpg (439x700, 44K)

>Reddit approach
What is it even mean?

Attached: gg.jpg (534x389, 90K)

>identity crushing art direction

What the fuck are you talking about? Doom 2016 is the best job they could have done with bringing the old Doom games into 2016. Doom Eternal is completely unrecognizable - ask someone what the game is and they wouldn't even be able to identify it as a Doom game. Just because they changed some of the enemies to be more like the originals doesn't change that fact

they're both CoD-lite for normies m8.

The end text of episode 1 where he finds himself on the Deimos base, you fucking idiot

>reddit approach

Attached: 1422912969708.jpg (640x480, 67K)

You cant be real

This is bait. It literally draws the designs of the original into the game, like 2016 didn't do.

>reddit speak

back to your hellhole you fuck.

>reddit approach
Fuck you underage and fuck your shitty thread and meaningless rhetoric.

Attached: 1506031848679.png (466x905, 863K)

I too missed when Doomguy was just a pissed off marine fucking up demon faggots.

But realistically how would they ever continue with this story or flesh anything out without adding some sci fi element too it.

>Doom 2016
>actually feels like Doom

Attached: 1537990909495.jpg (206x228, 25K)

REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT PLEASR FUCKE IN THE ASS REDDIT OMG IM SO OBSESSED WITJ REDDIT PLSS ARRGHH NOOO MY IDENTITY AS A 4CHANER ITS ROTTING OMG NOO DONT TAKE IT AWAY NONO NO REDDIT PLS FUCK MEEE

>caring about lore, story and setting more than gameplay
your own reddit is showing breh

>Le doom slayer universe le edgy interdimensional travel le ancient alien heaven civilization le doomguy spaceship across epic planets and solar system le dimensional platforming and boosting le grappling hook and climbing le bullshit tryhard over-designed weapons and epic wrist blades.

The fuck am I even reading here? OP you legit need help your brain is rotting here.

The approach they've taken with Eternal is one that really appeals to Reddit users. There were elements of that in the original with the lore about ancient Doom slayer and etc, but not so overbearing. In case you've forgotten, Reddit is the website where the majority of the userbase shits themselves over Marvel and Star Wars. It's hard to put into exact words, but you can see this sort of cheesy change in tone with Doom Eternal.

well just look at that paragraph formatting
>"DAE disappointed with the Reddit approach

nice failed reddit post faggot

Attached: 1423403563705.png (498x323, 16K)

Reddit is (you)

>The approach they've taken with Eternal is one that really appeals to Reddit users.

Which reddit users, the ones on r/thedonald, the ones on r/picturesofdeadkids or the ones on r/holdthemoan?

how old are you kid is this your first forray here since its summer vacation for you
what grade you goin' in next year eh? 7th?
with the way you phrase your "concerns" makes me feel like I'm reading a GameFAQs post from 15 years ago from other like minded prepubescent little fuck stains

What I mean is:

>The whole "Doom universe" thing they're talking about. They're taking a series with a simple plot about a grunt fighting demons on Mars and in hell and doing the "extended universe" garbage superhero movies thing
>Travelling across numerous colorful wacky dimensions
>The "ancient alien civilization" with some weird heaven thing and aliens roaming around
>Doomguy flying a spaceship around like in the E3 trailer
>The overbearing platforming and boosting and the grappling hook shit flying around shit

The rest of it it self-explanatory.

Doom has always been nothing more than a game series in which you run around a level with big guns killing all the demons with over-the-top gore and then moving onto the next floor. Anything they add on top of that is fine as long as the core remains intact.

Doom 2016
Big guns: Check
Levels full of demons: Check
Over-the-top gore: Check

Doom Eternal
Big guns: Check
Levels full of demons: Check
Over-the-top gore: Check

Them adding a narrative is just background noise to give the power fantasy you're experiencing a bit of context. Them adding an optional Multiplayer mode is so you have more replayability.
Theres literally no issue. You adding "le" infront of everything as if it furthers your point only hinders you because it clues everyone in to the fact you're a retard.

>le le le
>reddit reddit reddit
edgy summer kid trying way too hard to fit in

>DOOM HAS TO BE THE SAME EXACT THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND NEVER ADVANCE OR EXPLORE NEW THINGS.

God, shut the fuck up you humongous faggot.

What the fuck are any of those, nigger reddits is the same

Attached: 1557546118170.png (325x300, 87K)

No one cares about what you think, consumer.

>le faggot OP

why can't reddit stop talking about itself here

It's more of a mix between painkiller/quake/doom at this point than a pure doom game. I'm excited for it but that's because it seems like the only decent AAA shooter that's going to be released.

dont play it then bucko
save your summer lawn mowin money for Pokemon or some shit FFS

kill yourself

I never said that. There are better advancements and new things they could than what they're doing with Eternal.

Well... go on... What kinds of ideas do you have for where Doom could go beyond demons and religious imagery in space?

So you're complaining because a sequel is adding new things? The fuck did you expect dude? If you wanna play the first Doom then just play the first Doom.

Like what? You want it to go back to classic doom of running around a mars base as a grunt?
It already exists, it's called Doom

>Doom is about a grunt on a Mars tech base fighting demons and then going into hell
So Doom 2 isn't Doom because you're fighting demons in Earth?

>count Doom 2016 as one of my favorite games of all time and that actually feels like Doom
yeah, fuck off kid.
(You) are the cancerous Ieddit faggot here, thinking that nuDuum shit to be ANYTHING like DooM.

Literally KYS, and take as many of your kin with you if possible.

The first third of Doom 2 takes place in the UAC

>doom with swords and axes
Disgusting zoomer taste.

Attached: 1546546539090.png (658x543, 606K)

I don't like the UI, plus seems like they're going overboard with the extra shit like the shoulder cannon.

My point is that reddit has like a hundred thousand different boards and that to say something "appeals to reddit" is a moot point.

>Doom has always been nothing more than a game series in which you run around a level with big guns killing all the demons with over-the-top gore and then moving onto the next floor
Hush, Todd.

>Anything they add on top of that is fine as long as the core remains intact.
No. For starters, that shit ruins the core, like they already did with 2016

What the FUCK is reddit and why are you obsessed with it?

You literally just want the plot of Doom 1 to be redone over and over until you're unimaginative. Thank god you're not working on the next game or else we'd just get another game where Doomguy fights demons on Mars for the fourth fucking time.

Bullshit. Fringe communities on Reddit don't change the fact that the majority of the site is left-wing, very into the mainstream, etc. Go on the general Reddit homepage and the posts on there affirm what kind of people the majority of Reddit users are.

You don't know where the first third of Doom Eternal takes place

Hey I'd rather have that than epic Avengers space wars and ancient aliens

As if you don't know. And I'm not obsessed with Reddit, I'm just saying that that's what they're trying to appeal to

>Everything grand is Avengers and that's bad because it's a popular franchise and I'm a huge contrarian teenager who thinks everything should be the same rehashed shit over and over and over.

You are such a boring retard.

I don't mind the new direction Doom is taking, at least it fills the void Halo left behind.

There is no pvp multi??? FUCK. I honestly enjoy the hell out of doom 2016 multi. Been playing not long ago even

>this fucking thread
I know the obvious reason why we're getting remakes and rehashes but which group is more responsible: the devs or the nostalgiafags? Why can't we have different shit while keeping the base formula the same albeit with a few tweaks in series now? Have there been too many failures or is nostalgia milking still pretty lucrative

>fucking Gaylo-fags literally hijacked the most anti-Gaylo shooter there was
It all makes sense now... and it makes me furious.

seething boomer

Yeah, I didn't think of that comparison. They're trying to make this like fucking Halo

what makes somerhing reddit though? I never went there.

user just stop, you're just using Reddit as a boogeyman for things you don't like, just like Reddit used Yea Forums as a boogeyman for things it doesn't like. It's just not good criticism for a game, surely you can articulate why you don't like something without shouting REDDIT REDDIT LE REDDIT IS LE FAGGOTS like this is 2009 when that was still a meme.

Reddit as a descriptor is utterly meaningless now. It's basically shorthand for "thing I don't like" for people who aren't smart enough to adequately articulate why they dislike something.

>the devs or the nostalgiafags?
The devs, obviously.
They are BAITING nostalgiafags, all while creating easy hype and buzz with the classic IPs they're raping, making the press and thus also the total new-fags intrigued.
In reality though, they're making yet another modern console trash like dozens of others in the past few years, further twisting the legacy of the IPs they're exploiting. Original fans are left insulted, while nufags dance on the games' grave.

YO HOW DO I PLAY CLASSIC DOOM ON WIN?

Someone post that old guide I need it/.

>most anti-Gaylo shooter there was
Crazy how anti-halo id were 8 years before halo came out

>They're trying to make this like fucking Halo
They're no longer "trying".
They already DID that back in 2016.

Literally get the OG .WAD files from ANYWHERE, and slap them into a source-port of your choice.
For very vanilla ride, use Chocolate.
For eye-cancer and tons of mega mods, use GZDoom.

>thinking cyberdemons fighting cyber angels isn't Doom with a capital D
>getting pissed off that they're adding more movement mechanics to a famously movement-based shooter

Looks great, can't wait

I suggest you take that stick out of your ass and reevaluate your life if you're just going to staple "le" and "Reddit" to everything you don't like, you meme-gargling oxygen thief.

Attached: 1547586088384.png (1925x1487, 317K)

>THING REDDIT BECAUSE ME NO LIKE THING
Retard

I dislike Reddits format with the upvotes and whatnot and as such I do not use it, but the memeing is retarded and should have been dropped long ago. The idea of a homogenous user base is obviously stupid due to sheer size and variety of the fucking place.

>reddit le le le epic le le le over-designed epic
Way to shoot your post in the foot before getting out the gate.

Attached: 1371297158357.gif (400x225, 2.67M)

For someone who doesn't use Reddit you sure seem to know a lot about it.

>Le doom slayer universe le edgy interdimensional travel le ancient alien heaven civilization le doomguy spaceship across epic planets and solar system le dimensional platforming and boosting le grappling hook and climbing le bullshit tryhard over-designed weapons and epic wrist blades.
Just the idea that you spent time thinking about where to put the le's in this is worse than the fact you posted it

Attached: 1503040675206.jpg (5000x5000, 1.15M)

I don't know, OP seems to the expert here with his detailed knowledge on the collective tastes of one of the most visited sites in the entire world, while knowing the basic idea and the variety of subs is kind of unavoidable precisely because of the size.

Latching on to the le reddit thing just shows that none of you can actually rebut my points about the garbage direction they're taking the series

you need to go back

You really need to get your life in order if you're having this much cognitive dissonance over browsing reddit and Yea Forums at the same time. Also no one's impressed by your contrarianism. Doom Eternal looks fun and is the better game shown at E3 no matter how you put it.

>I count Doom 2016 as one of my favorite games of all time
ouchie that's a big fat cringe

Attached: 1469147098394.png (511x328, 246K)

OP, please leave your house every now and then

>In the words of Doomguy

Attached: 1517152415670.jpg (1153x823, 577K)

>Is anyone else disappointed with the Reddit approach they've taken with this game? Le doom slayer universe le edgy interdimensional travel le ancient alien heaven civilization le doomguy spaceship across epic planets and solar system le dimensional platforming and boosting le grappling hook and climbing le bullshit tryhard over-designed weapons and epic wrist blades.

It shouldn't even be called Doom at this point.

I count Doom 2016 as one of my favorite games of all time and that actually feels like Doom, it was quite focused and didn't have too much bullshit - Mars base overrun by demons and then a journey into hell. I wasn't a huge fan of the comedic direction they took the UAC and the ancient doom slayer locked away and all that argent d'nur sentinel shit, but that was fine. Now look at Doom Eternal. In the words of Doomguy, what the hell is this? It's not Doom, it's something else now.

And don't get me started on the multiplayer. I loved the Doom 2016 MP and was looking forward to see a maybe more Quake-like approach in the sequel, but no, what did they do? They made some garbage meme play-a-couple-of-matches-and-drop-it asymmetric multiplayer instead. Why do people have to shit on perfectly serviceable multiplayer modes? All it accomplishes is the sequel either has no multiplayer at all or has some garbage faux-innovative multiplayer that belongs in the trash. See Far Cry 4 for the exact same shit. "HURR LE MULTIPLAYER BORING LE SINGLE PLAYER SOOOOO GOOD I DIDN'T KNOW THERE EVEN WAS A MULTIPLAYER MODE I PLAY SINGLE PLAYER!!!" And then the next game's multiplayer is a fucking abomination, instead of something that isn't really groundbreaking but is still really fun to play.
cope

Your points aren't worth engaging because you come off as a brain damaged contrarian.

Attached: reddit.png (544x496, 75K)

trying way too hard to fit in, dumb summerkiddie

rent free

>I don't like it
>It's reddit
Shove a grenade up your rectum you piece of sub human trash.

Nah. It's actually "I don't like it BECAUSE it's Reddit."

Big difference.

Did I stutter? Cut your fucking throat you piece of waste. Sub human filth like you isn't welcome on this board.

Rent free

Attached: 1436236519456.jpg (640x640, 52K)

>I loved the Doom 2016 MP
As if we needed anymore proof that you're mentally challenged.

Reddit wants it toned down if anything

Attached: 76872EA9-1807-40DC-A858-FEE808685C1F.png (1334x750, 239K)

>I love the DOOM 2016 MP.
Holy fuck you really are fucking stupid. Piece of waste.

Agreed UI is garbage compared to quakecon and stadia gameplay UI. Predator cannon looks weird, but I like having a flamethrower.

>LE LEDDIT

Attached: funky.jpg (845x828, 50K)

wasn't aware the_donald was left-wing

Hey... You just blew in from stupid town?

But. You are reddit.
Now for something else.
Everyone who doesn't use pc to play shouldn't have the right to use Yea Forums.

Now this is cringe. Go outside dork.

Attached: 090411lesko.jpg (518x477, 82K)

This is pretty fucking dumb, did you honestly expect them to make the exact same game again?

Nice blog fagtron. Where do I subscribe?

Hey guys, to prove my point, look at what Reddit is saying about this game

reddit.com/r/Doom/comments/byrul5/doom_eternal_official_e3_story_trailer/

I'm also sure that the anti-Christian elements in the game were added for Reddit too, look how crazy they're going for the idea of "kicking Heaven's ass"

Doom 2016 was a very unfaithful entry and eternal will return the game to its roots.

None of those things are specifically reddit.

>le boosting le grappling hook

How the fuck is a grappling hook reddit?

>linking reddit
Why do you care so much about the game pandering to reddit when you're a fucking redditor

I just went on there to see what they're saying

Attached: 1502236680788.jpg (540x374, 74K)

Tell me what's "faithful" about Doom Eternal other than some of the monster re-designs

tell me again how you are very much not obsessed with reddit

>Reddit
You do realize the game went full 14/88?
The phrase "Earth is the melting pot of the universe" is based off the phrase "America is the melting pot of the world".
They said "Earth is the melting pot of the universe" and then zoomed over to show a literal hell on earth. I mean, do they have to beat you over the head with their message?
Imagine saying "America is the melting of the world" and then showing a broken down dystopian future with Mexicans and Arabs everywhere. That's basically what they did. Even Fox News won't go as far as to just flat-out say "multiculturalism is bad". This was clearly their way of apologizing for the Wolfenstein fiasco.

Horrible Tit Expander

have sex

He's right about the hud and that weird jingle that plays every time you do a glory kill, although I don't really plan doing glory kills so that last part doesn't bother me as much.

The new hud sucks. There was nothing wrong with the hud they used in the quakecon footage, so it's a shame they've ditched it.

HURRRRRRRRRRRRDRUURUDURRDRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRPADDUUUURURRRRRRRRRRRR
RERRREEEEEEEREEEEEEEREEEEEEEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MAD WENT
POOPY

>doom 1.5

I already played this game. No reason to be hype about anything. This could have been an expansion or mod.

News flash, reddit is a buzzword. It has less meaning than the words "fun" and "soul". The only functioning uses for it are as bait for zoomers/retards who feel like they belong to this site.

Attached: 1557850198754.gif (360x238, 1.43M)

while i'm here, it's 25% off on gmg if you use the code 'e3'

>"I count Doom 2016 as one of my favorite games of all time and that actually feels like Doom"
>"...actually feels like doom"

fucking stopped reading. doom 2016 is serious sam but with mandatory repetitive glory kill cutscenes every kill

thanks

>Anti-Christian elements
>When the Doom Slayer was blessed by a Seraphim and lead a knightly order that looked like Sci-Fi Templers.
>Implying Samuel Hayden doesn't set up himself up as the demiurge.
I know your retarded, but at least play the game you're talking about.

Attached: 1560187609674.png (950x764, 255K)

I meant in terms of the tone and atmosphere, not gameplay

Anyone got that picture of an alternate box art with the SMT logo instead of DOOM?

Hoes mad x24

>not gameplay
then watch a movie faggot

>Long Ass and Knuckles.

Literally 3 of the most popular subreddits are kotaku in action, the_donald, and cringe anarchy you fucking retard

>Demiurge.
Samael, its literally his name.
Samael.

Brutal Doom is much better than NuDoom (not to mention it's free and basically has infinite content thanks to all the wad map packs available online).

doom 2016 was like a high budget fangame, eternal looks way better

>Brutal Doom

Attached: 1489459007483.gif (457x283, 1.55M)

Point a BFG at your fucking head and pull the trigger.

I wasn't too fond of fond of 2016, but let's see
>far better levels design
>much more movement and combat depth
>more aggressive enemies, so much you need lives
>no/less iframes during glory kills makes them more dangerous to abuse
>that punch
>you can just ignore the """lore""" but you can dig into it too

>terrible as fuck HUD holy shit kill it with fire

Yeah nah I'm hyped.

Attached: 1554555541045.jpg (554x393, 77K)

>much faster
>much more challenging
>much more weapons to choose from
>much more maps to choose from (to put it extremely lightly)
>has Glory Kills but are optional and not forced like in NuDoom
>doesn't have a shitty MOBA/MMO UI
>continues the classic Doom legacy and improves upon it in every way with QOL features (mouselook, jumping, etc.) without modern AAA bullshit like unskippable cutscenes and RPG upgrade mechanics
>doesn't have Redditor bait in it
>it's free

So yes, Brutal Doom indeed. Better than NuDoom in every way possible.

Attached: 1557168825402.jpg (232x322, 13K)

>Redditor bait
Rent free

>doesn't have Redditor bait in it
I swear nobody even knows what this is supposed to mean anymore

>Reddit approach
Rent free. Jesus christ get over it already

It's a new game that's not the old game. It may as well be Reddit: The Game.

I get what op is saying. Doom was always a bit campy but now it’s just gone way overboard. It’s like what happened from saints row 2 all the way to gat out of hell...

Op needs to have sex
Pic related

Attached: 1560286782572m.jpg (723x1024, 142K)

>bit campy

>continues the classic Doom legacy and improves upon it in every way with QOL features (mouselook, jumping, etc.) without modern AAA bullshit like unskippable cutscenes and RPG upgrade mechanics
Brutal Doom doesn't add mouselook and jumping you moron, those features are added by the sourceport Brutal Doom needs to run.

Jesus, BD really is baby's first Doom mod.

Attached: 1551640980794.gif (240x266, 3.86M)

I have loved every single doom game released, each for its own merits.

Attached: 1559825610728m.jpg (1024x576, 38K)

no thanks

Attached: Screenshot_20190611-175133_Chrome.jpg (240x233, 18K)

>That one autist that has to autistically get mad at videogames

Attached: 1558565502906.png (209x241, 8K)

get this tryhard faggot out of here

>are added by the sourceport Brutal Doom needs to run.
Nobody would care about it though, if it weren't for Brutal Doom. They might have created it, but BD essentially owns it in the minds of people.

>"HURR LE MULTIPLAYER BORING LE SINGLE PLAYER SOOOOO GOOD I DIDN'T KNOW THERE EVEN WAS A MULTIPLAYER MODE I PLAY SINGLE PLAYER!!!"

Someone doesn't remember when it was hugely controversial that Wolfenstein TNO didn't have any multiplayer.

Wow this is the gayest post I've read all year lmao

Attached: rrr (3).png (609x612, 515K)

>Nobody would care about it though, if it weren't for Brutal Doom.
What the fuck does that matter? The sourceport is made by Doom fans for other Doom fans. Who cares if the general public knows nothing about it.

Attached: 1541801659164.jpg (582x591, 48K)

The HUD looks much worse than 2016 but that's about it

>Two weapon limit
Thanks for exposing yourself as a retard that didn't play Doom 2016

It may as well have, it's not like the weapons mattered

(You)ing so you can't hide when you delete your post

>I loved the Doom 2016 MP

No you didn't

Attached: 1558508722747.png (645x731, 216K)

don't bother having an opinion if you can't express it without using "le" or "muh"

Main thing I don't like is the new ugly green UI. Hope we can change it, or mod it.