BUT THEY HAVE TO ANIMATE +800 POK-

>BUT THEY HAVE TO ANIMATE +800 POK-

Oh.

Attached: ezgif-2-4eba5915a918.gif (800x450, 3.41M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Vpd47lTOjW0
youtube.com/watch?v=A9cruvlP2No
youtube.com/watch?v=0MJys1WXIrw&
serebii.net/swordshield/galarpokedex.shtml
youtu.be/Vpd47lTOjW0
youtu.be/W0nVFxziArI?t=1555
youtube.com/watch?v=WO9WwR5Ng3I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

wow that is extremely lazy

Scorbunny sure is a pretty girl isn't she

>super effective marks next to moves are back
>group xp share is back

Attached: 1543620208360.jpg (424x394, 12K)

> Special atk.
> Physical atk
> Self attack
> Damage taken
> Death

That's at least 4000 animations plus move specific animations, I get it they do some bad ones, but c'mon he is one of the starters.

Please stop posting about Pokemon
My despair is growing too heavy

Attached: 1493304547180.png (210x230, 7K)

Still not learning? The pokémon are there. The 800+ models were on Let's Go Pikachu, too. And so the walking animations. But Gamefreak blocked them because they're ABSOLUTE FUCKING RETARDED.

>actual animations are just gone entirely
Dropped

I put the game to skip the move animations anyways

You also get EXP for just catching pokemon, like in Lets Go

You've gotten exp for catching pokemon since XY

>super effective marks next to moves are back
>group xp share is back

Who cares? No ones is forcing you to use xp share and you already know how to play you know the type chart.

Are you dumb?

Surely animations don't take massive amounts of time? And you don't need an animation for attacking yourself in confusion.

>Even Stadium, Colosseum, Gale and Battle Revolution had animations for the moves
How disappointing

>I get it they do some bad ones
they only do bad ones. fucking stadium on the 64 puts them to shame. there is no excuse with the resources they have now.

Alright can you blame me, i havent played Pokemon since X/Y

>Omit pokemon because you want to make the rest of them "More expressive"
>This
I just DON'T
FUCKING
UNDERSTAND

With self moves I mean self boosts or moves that don't necessarily affect the opponent (def. curl, rain dance, taunt, invigorate, shit like that)

Masuda:So in previous games that work with the Pokemon Bank service, you were able to, for example with Sun and Moon, bring over any Pokemon, even if they weren't in the Alola Pokedex.
But with the transition to the Nintendo Switch hardware, it's much more powerful allowing us to be much more expressive with each of the individual Pokemon.
And now we're well over 800 Pokemon species in the games. (This was worded weirdly)
And at Game Freak, we really spent a long amount of time thinking about what the best way to move forward was, really preserving the quality of all the different Pokemon, while also taking into account the battle balance, having so many Pokemon available, all within a limited development time, so we don't keep fans waiting too long for every new entry into the series.
And after a lot of discussion we decided to come to a kind of new direction.
And what that means for Pokemon Sword and Shield is that players will be able to transfer their Pokemon from Pokemon Home only if they appear in the Galar region Pokedex.
So we were very careful, we spent a lot of time thinking what the best selection of Pokemon to match the setting of the adventure would be.
So I'll talk more about the details in future opportunities such as media and reviews but I wanted to let you know today.
And I know there are a lot of users of the Pokemon Bank service that are looking forward to Pokemon Home so I wanted to let them know what the change would be well in advance.
>But of course, as someone who's been hunting for a lot of shiny Pokemon, in Pokemon Lets Go, any of those Pokemon that do appear in Pokemon Sword and Shield, I'll still be able to transfer from Pokemon Lets Go into Pokemon Sword and Shield, through Pokemon Home, correct?
Yeah that's right, so as long as they're in the Galar region Pokedex, you can transfer them from Home.
>That's great.

Attached: 2038940912_1ec33fe8aa_o.0.jpg (1200x675, 74K)

You’ll buy it anyway, cuck.

And every one of those games were dealing with hundreds less pokemon on top of not having a full-fledged RPG behind it all.

HE DOESNT EVEN MOVE

Is this real
What the fucking fuck is this shit

Why do you retards still meme with Double Kick

Sure thing dude

Attached: animation is hard.webm (1280x720, 2.91M)

>cherrypicking
I guess op is too but fuck

>we have better hardware than ever before
>therefore, we shall have less content than ever before
what the fuck is going on at game freak holy shit
i swear it's like they're actively trying to kill pokemon but it just won't work

Dude stop posting Pokemon animations or this server is gonna crush,

I imagine there will be expansions with new Dynamax raids.

I think they ran out of cart space, they are that incompetent

Now I'm sad

NO NO NOOOOOOOO
PFF HAHAHAHA

Someone post their embarassingly incompetent programming in S&M

youtube.com/watch?v=Vpd47lTOjW0
Reminder
>but it's only 151 (251 in Stadium 2) and not 800
We had LGPE as an opportunity to catch up on the original set but they didn't

So what you mean to say is that after all these years, Pokemon is STILL the same low effort garbage

>hundred less pokemon
They stopped with the Platinum ones, were unable to make a new one with the newer ones
>not having a RPG behind
They tried with a story in Colo/Gale
>Sure thing dude
Better than current animation there is of that move

Game freak has so much money surely they could make a decent looking game. They clearly don't give a shit enough to do that.

Nah, BW2 was the last game I paid for. Didn't even pirate gen 7

GF has no money
The pokemon company has all the money

>your bro might get cut
oh no

Attached: 1536457612022.png (230x240, 3K)

How about Stadium Double Kick though. You never post that.

No fucking shit it is. But memeing with the same fucking thing for years instead of getting new material is retarded.

Miss me yet?

Attached: pokémon-super-mystery-dungeon.jpg (521x293, 121K)

what the fuck did they do to spurdo

Pokemon Battle Revolution had no problem with detailed animations for 493 in a one-off Wii game.
They should be able to a
scale and double that work for the mainline games without any issue.

>How about Stadium Double Kick though.
I don't think there's a video compiling Stadium Double Kick but I would assume they use the same animation as Mega Kick.
Did find this though.
youtube.com/watch?v=A9cruvlP2No

If they arent putting the effort in on the pokemon then why the fuck does everything else look like such shit?

At least allocate your resources

it's clear Yea Forums doesn't know anything about game development

go install Unity/Unreal and try to cobble something together one weekend, it's free education as to how retarded you sound

IT'S A MONSTER HOUSE

Hired

yeah because one amateur should be expected to do better work than a multi billion dollar company

There are much larger games being released with much more polish than this, user.
Game Freak is not an indie studio as much as they'd like you to believe. They understaff their dev teams and put them on ridiculously tight schedules, but that's because they're jews, not because "game development is hard." Game development IS hard but that's why you hire more people and don't put your games on a yearly release schedule.
Of course, hiring more people and spending more time on your games cuts into your profit margins, so they don't do it.

It's a kids game. Get over it.

This is why changing from sprites was and always will be a mistake.

but they've said that only regional pokemon are in this game and can't be transferred from the bank
unless Galar's regional dex is 600+ pokemon, then it's going to be a fucking mess

Whoa, Gamefreak are being incompetent and lazy yet again, who could have that one coming

>yeah because one amateur should be expected to do better work than a multi billion dollar company
they don´t even earn that much
>b-but wkipedia said
It´s the money they made since 1996 now they are not making billions retard. Also they are essentially 150 people first time hd and making this game in 2-3 years. Find me a dev with that stats doing a better job.

You really think a UI element and not having to grind every Pokemon are the biggest issues with Pokemon's combat? Yikes.

>fire fighting again

Attached: 1548801055494.jpg (308x309, 9K)

Even an amateur animator knows the scope of retarded requests like yours. The point is to show you how imbecilic you sound

Pokemon is shit for a variety of mechanical/story reasons, not the fact that they don't want to do 75 (or however many abilities a Pokemon can learn, HM and TM included) unique animations for 600 monsters each

3DS (USUM) can have all 800 pokemon. Z move animation were made on top of that, and every gen gets better graphics so there's that too. Upgrade to switch and suddenly "oh no maku gamuu izzu veddy haddu! preassu undahhstandu!! youu cannu stirru ussu chalizado desu!".

The difference is that game freak should have professionals working for them. Animating rigged 3d models is fucking piss easy to make if actual competent workers are on it.

>There are much larger games being released with much more polish than this, user.
There is literally no game on the market that has 600 potential unique animated skeletons with each skeleton potentially having 50-75 abilities, which all translate into unique animations on those unique skeletons. Not even Red Dead or Skyrim or any other open world game du jour.

This is why you're retarded and no one should listen to you. Take my advice and go make something like 600x75 animations and stop being a mouthbreather. Oh, and make sure you don't cause any clipping.

here your new pokemon bro

Attached: t4.png (528x664, 64K)

They've had game after game after game of opportunity to make animation sets for each pokemon

Huh uh.

youtube.com/watch?v=0MJys1WXIrw&

>looks even worse and lazy in 2D games
oh no no no

Attached: espurr kick.gif (540x280, 1.82M)

I honestly dont care that much because the competitive scene needs a reset

>Kicking Espurr

What the fuck is wrong with them

>each skeleton potentially having 50-75 abilities, which all translate into unique animations on those unique skeletons
You can reuse animations between moves, user. You only need like half a dozen at minimum for most Pokémon
>generic physical attack
>generic special attack
>taking damage (I don't need a unique self-damage animation personally)
>fainting
>idle animation
>several unique move animations for Pokémon that have unique ways of attacking; e.g. Blastoise needs to have an animation where he shoots water out of his cannons, but also needs one where he shoots particles from his mouth because using a move like Ice Beam through the cannons would be weird (Stadium, Colloseum/XD, and PBR all have separate animations for this example)
That is still a large amount of work, I do acknowledge that, but keep in mind that
1) the majority of the work has been done because the current 807 all have models and existing animations, albeit some are weak and should be redone like the idle animations for all the Pokémon butchered by Sky Battles, and
2) Game Freak is a BILLION DOLLAR COMPANY and can hire as much manpower as is necessary.

Maybe instead of introducing hundreds of new pokemon every time interest dies down they could use those development resources to actually improve the game. Then they'd have fewer pokemon to animate and would have started the process long ago.

Knowing Gamefreak, they will add the Dog genie of the healthy meta to the Galar Dex.

ITT: Snoyboys who can't appreciate art style and obsess over movie effects and MUH GRAPHICS

The simplistic fighting is charming and a callback to classic turn-based RPGs and this will look better than your Kojima meme game in another 10 years.

Attached: file.png (1050x587, 802K)

Nah I dont expect any legendaries to come back outside mewtwo

>and should be redone like the idle animations for all the Pokémon butchered by Sky Battles
....so you want them to stay immobile like they were in previous 3D games?

>2) Game Freak is a BILLION DOLLAR COMPANY and can hire as much manpower as is necessary.

Literally just hire 800 people and have them each work on exactly one Pokemon and then go back to normal staffing.

Reminder that Gamefreak has been using the "We stopped having many pokemon in our games to make room for graphics and animation" excuse since 2013.

Reminder that Gamefreak has always sucked at programming and RBY/GSC were only released because Iwata had to fix them.

Reminder that Gamefreak is so bad at programming that they don't know how to repawn/despawn NPC models in their overworlds, so there are always about a dozen models of the same important characters around a region. Seriously, look up the datamines of Sun and Moon.

Attached: 1505684629205.png (1200x1200, 218K)

>implying you don't turn animations off first thing
Yikes.

>immobile
You mean grounded. Skarmory and Salamence looked good in past 3D games while on the ground.
Xatu should actually be immobile when it's not attacking or being attacked though, since that's its whole shtick.

user, 90% of all Pokémon models date from gen 6 and haven't been significantly changed since. All they have to do is model the 50 or so new Pokémon every gen and that's about it.

Largest videogame franchise in the world

I don’t even care how it looks
I don’t want any casualfag shit like LGP/LGE, stats fucking matter
I want to play an actual rpg

How many animations have you made in your life?

It's so inefficient at everything that it's mindboggling. How are they so bad?

imagine being over 12 and still playing pokemon games

Leak that called out pretty much everything about the Direct days before it aired said the Scorbunny evo will be pure Fire type but learn Fighting moves.

>over 4 years to model
>just give up

Man, that looks absolutely dreadful.

Gamefreak confirmed it wont have all 800+ Pokemon in it.
You can only transfer Pokemon that are from the Galar Pokedex over.

But there are so MANY models, do you have any idea how much time and effort it would take to make those things? Don't be so greed! Game Freak is a small, humble indie developer. Cut them some slack.

>Iwata had to fix them.
It's actually more pathetic than that. Iwata has done some amazing programming work to save games like Earthbound and Stadium, and you can't downplay his accomplishments, but he didn't actually directly touch GSC. Iwata gave them a compression format tool created by HAL... in 1995, for Kirby's Dream Land 2. Game Freak was just so bad at optimization that using a three-year-old compression tool freed up so much space that they could add Kanto, and there is actually plenty of free space in the ROM after that (parts of Kanto are just missing because of time constraints, not space constraints).

the compression tool was used for the pokemon sprites I believe

Shouldn't gamefreak have competent programmers now that there's been decades of hires? Or are the people who would know what they're doing ignored by management that doesn't want anything to change, even on the back-end?

God I wish that was me

Attached: 1552189378392.jpg (960x685, 31K)

of course you understand, you've always known but never quite wanted to accept it

GF are fundamentally lazy and, as proven with time, will do anything they can to have excuses to be more lazy with each new game so they can put in as little effort as possible while making the same big amounts of money

you guys would probably holy scorbunny's legs down to stop it using fighting moves for fear it'll evolve into a fighting type like how some parents used to stop their children writing with their left hand.

somebody show the seagulls things hovering mid-air

Official regional dex is out. Check to see what made it.

serebii.net/swordshield/galarpokedex.shtml

Attached: 1512228649816.png (480x360, 123K)

There are still walk cycles for Pokémon in the wild zones as well as their reactions to whistling and probably other stuff. Making 800+ sets of animation is ridiculous

$60 plus tip for a handheld game.

Attached: pokemon then pokemon now.webm (640x360, 2.48M)

>3 generations in a row where people will just use Hawlucha

If you're not playing Pokemon to experience the journey of catching the Pokemans you love and making them gud, then you aren't even playing Pokemon right. No one gives a fuck about the mechanics and shit anymore, stop complaining. The soul died with Black/White 2, we all know this. I just enjoy the new Pokemon and catching them/training them properly.

>Game Freak apologists using this argument still
There's no reason to ever listen to this argument since it's been shown time and time again that they're lazy as fuck. But they're also lazy because their fans eat up no matter what they put out. LGPE just proved that, so why put the extra effort into something a dedicated fanbase will buy anyways?

Attached: phil lil sand.png (642x479, 511K)

Modern AAA games have to do way more work than that since their animation actually need to interact with the environment.

All of those animations have been in the game since Sun/Moon though. The walking animations went unused (for the most part- you can still see them in the rotom picture feature) and the reacting animations are from Amie/Refresh.

There's no excuse as to why they couldn't just move the ones from the gens 1-7 mons onto the Switch.

They just want you to buy another full priced game next year that has all of the pokemon

even a procedurally animated game would do a better job than this

it's like gamefreak regressed to game boy era limitations in design

>it's like gamefreak regressed to game boy era limitations in design
If Gen 1 hadn't shown your Pokemon from behind, they would have switched to first-person battles so they wouldn't need to render two Pokemon at a time. And you'd still have people defending it ("Who cares if you see your pokemon's back?").

you can easily learn the model rig paint and texture in one day. Spend the next day making the shit you want and then using the rest of your time to animate. If you're weak of will though you'll kill yourself before you get three keys into animation though.

>If you're not playing Pokemon to experience the journey of catching the Pokemans you love and making them gud, then you aren't even playing Pokemon right. No one gives a fuck about the mechanics and shit anymore, stop complaining. The soul died with Black/White 2, we all know this. I just enjoy the new Pokemon and catching them/training them properly.

cool, then just move the series to phone and keep it there

no need for consoles anymore, you're wasting all that hardware

SO FUCKING LAZY HOLY FUCKING SHIT

>cool, then just move the series to phone and keep it there
it already is there.

>no need for consoles anymore, you're wasting all that hardware
they aren't wasting anything. they are creating a game for switch.

BIGGEST FUCKING FRANCHISE IN THE FUCKING WORLD

Unity and UE4 let you share armature animations between models and since everything pokemon is typically in the 2/4 legs or snake group it really wouldn't be hard to port and tweak animations

If nintendo's legal department wasn't rabid as fuck we would have a fan pokemon game that's better than the actual pokemon games already. They sue even people making free fangames.

>Not being able to catch'em all in a POKEMON game
The fuck? Is this true?

Will there be at least a hard mode?

Attached: Screen_Shot_2019-06-05_at_8.05.17_AM[1].jpg (1000x625, 96K)

Just because you're a retard doesn't mean the professional artists that the largest video game company in the world could hire are
I work in blender daily and shitting out a few dozen animations for each pokemon would be easy, especially for such a cartoony artstyle

>haven't played since XY
>still shitpost like a retard
Yup you're a Yea Forumsirgin alright.

no. if you want a hard mode go play something that has one. pokemon doesn't cater to you fuckhead. enjoy raising a sheep or fuck off

Not having out of region pokemon for the main game isn't necessarily bad, I really liked when they did that in BW.

GF aren't even the ones that have to do the animating, are they? I read that another company does it. So why are they still so bad if that's true? It's not like GF is juggling working on the game and working on the models. A lot of care could go into the models.

He right you know? Many people around the world will buy it and play for like year?

>REMINDER
Pokémon was onced based.
youtu.be/Vpd47lTOjW0

why does the game run at 30FPS for the low quality graphics it shows? it should be running at 60FPS minimum.

It's annoying that a series that is so renown and that has so much money pumped into it continues to produce such mediocre games

Most franchises IMPROVE when you put lots of money into them (unless there's corruption involved).

I don't mind the super effective marks, there are too many types and type combos to remember unless you buy the games every generation. Gen 2 introducing Dark and Steel was bad but there weren't that many exotic type combos to remember so it was still doable.
Now there's fucking Fairy type though which has the most random strengths and weaknesses. They also changed random stuff like Steel no longer resisting Ghost.

Too fast for you to see.

Attached: speed.png (472x874, 81K)

pokman :DDDDD

>espurr just wants a hug
>gets its shit kicked in because of it
I'm not even paying attention to what's in your post, that gif upsets me more than anything.

YOU KNOW IT BABY! GAMEFREAK DOES IT AGAIN! HOW DO THEY KEEP WINNING?
youtu.be/W0nVFxziArI?t=1555
God I knew the moment I saw those two fucks sitting on the set that this was going to be bad news.

They also had a fraction of the budget so maybe go fuck yourself.

>Make team of 5 animators
>Have them work on one pokemon a day
>should be able to at least get a few animations from each animator
>takes 80-150 days depending on how many there are

So when do they explain that, please?

H-he's fast

what is great about snapping away all our bros?

Even if animating the models "isn't that bad" as everyone seems to think, the fact remains that you're still looking down the barrel of 800 mons with the ability to use up to 70 different moves, not to mention walking cycles, status effects, or item usage. Sure, if you had like, 1000 animators slapping at 1000 computers day in and day out, you could probably get it all done and playing nice in like 6 months. How many animators DO they have?

He starts talking about it at about 25:55

> One pokemon a day

Unless they have 14-hour days, no time off, skip lunch, and also have a time-loop they can abuse to stretch those 14 hours into 30-40, that's fucking absurd. You should feel stupid for even suggesting it.

LIterally soul vs souless. Even the background had 10x more soul, what the fuck. Someone send this to nintendo. Repost it endlessly until they see this and put voices and animations in Sword and Shield 2

>that gif

What the actual fuck. Is this from a movie? I want to kill that bitch

Thanks.

You don't have to individually model/animate every single attack, we're in the era of 3D modeling software. You just assign traits and joints to every model so everyone who can learn a punch attack for example makes a jabbing motion with their arm.

As an art graduate, rigging models is probably the easiest job you can have when it comes to the game industry.

Pokemon Generations

Same and agree. I prefer texturing and modeling non-organics, but rigging is a piece of fucking cake.

Then go apply and go fix their game in the next 150 days, since you're apparently a genius of an art student that understands the logistics of the stupid shit he's spouting.

i'm gonna say this again, no argument that has anything to do with labor or cost has any relevance in discussion to pokemon. the pokemon franchise has made over 100 BILLION DOLLARS, they literally could afford to hire one person for every pokemon in the dex to make animations and still make profit.

Why does he look like a forgotten Gen 1 pokemon?

Attached: stoutland[1].jpg (900x651, 91K)

>panda pokemon in a europe-based region
what

Pokemon generations.

Attached: brendan.webm (1190x664, 2.82M)

How many animations is reasonable in a day for a team of 5 if they focus on a specific pokemon?

one person can't fix it, that's the point, they are understaffed and won't hire more, probably because retards keep buying these games and they have no reason to try harder.

Gamefreak is probably the only developer in the world (next to Bethesda) that's incredibly incompetent but only successful because they get to work on a big name brand IP.

>doom eternal launches
>enemies are static and barely animate while walking or attacking
>"we've added 800 enemies so it would be too much work animating them all!"

Uhhh those moves don't have animations, only some squiggly effect overlay.

There is no excuse at all.
Creatures INC does all the modelling and animating, it's a separate developer to Game Freak who's primary focus now is 3d modelling pokemon.
They have the team, they have the resources, they have had all the time.

>ORAS Brendan
TRASH

Aside from fighting and dragon interactions all of fairy types interactions make sense with what is commonly associated with fey creatures. Dragon was just for ingame balancing, so whatever.
Fuck them for introducing Aegislash in the generation they increased the number of steel weaknesses though.

Getting unpolished animations out for approval at a quality better than what is currently in recent pokemon games is something you could do in two weeks.Refinement in a month.

Rigging such simplistic characters is not hard, even ones with lots of moving parts, because most of them move in absolute terms (e.g. a spinning ring) and that's easy as fuck to weight.

People who say it couldn't be animated better should look at all the indie games out there with small teams that have models with more animation than pokemon and maybe if you look at enough of them it'll click in that tiny brain of yours.

no way that's true, when you factor in things like health insurance for every employee, background checks and drug exams, HR people to manage the interview and hiring process, building/office space for all of them, a computer for all of them to animate in, access to the game for all of them, NDAs for all of them, etc.

GF is the only company that makes their games feel like outdated unfinished pieces of garbage

John Romero could pull 20 other people together and make a better Pokemon game for less money.

the n64 pokemon stadium games had way more animations than the modern nintendo switch pokemon games and they were able to do all of this on a 64mb cartridge.

>People who say it couldn't be animated better should look at all the indie games out there with small teams that have models with more animation than pokemon
there is a reason why none of them has more 200 different models.

Even persona 5 whcih had like a 6 years development time only managed 200 demns which are way less animated.

It's all so tiresome.

Japan doesn't hire gaijin, especially GF. This is also the same country that let Clover studio die and where Konami dropped Kojima to make pachinko games. They're not really great at innovating.

>You mean grounded.
Yes, immobile then. Nice "idle".

they are reusing the meshes and animations made for XY, all they need to do is the new pokemon and retexture the previous ones
Besides you can save time asigning joints, why do you think nearly every move animates properly with almsot every pokemon, even those that don't actually learn it?

best boy's game will never be outdone

Attached: wes.jpg (480x360, 20K)

yeah right

OH NO NO NO NO
youtube.com/watch?v=WO9WwR5Ng3I

Attached: 1552621044609.png (805x767, 507K)

user, the vast majority of Pokémon are on the ground.

I don't give a shit about attack animations, I'm turning that shit off anyways.
I just want the models themselves to look good and I don't want the game to chug when there's more than one pokemon on screen. At no point should Pokemon ever have noticible framerate drops, yet it does, even with animations off. I don't care about seeing a blurry ass view of my opponent standing there occasionally pointing forwards, I don't care about big epik things like giant pokemon, which get ready for that shit, GF can't even program doubles right without the framerate dying.
The reason why I care so much about this is because it's sloppy. It actively takes me out of the game if I'm constantly experiencing GF's quality programing at work, be it in battle or in the overworld.

Attached: 1516615902513 2.gif (370x307, 1.99M)

Most pokemon models are incredibly simplified and typically don't use normal maps because they're not derived from sculpting but rather built polygon by polygon for maximum optimization.

This is not hard to replicate, look at sketchfab and see for yourself.

Oh no no no what? The bat keeps repeating the same animation over and over, nice game.

No wonder Youkai Watch is gaining ground in Japan and Europe over Pokemon. They improve with every gme and don't offer that artificial stasis GameFreak is so fond of.

>>group xp share is back
I hate this shit, because it makes it almost impossible to effectively balance or adjust the levels of your party.
If I have a newly caught pokemon and want it to get up to speed, I can't just level my entire damn party.

Yes, and ground based Pokemon have idle animations. While grounded-flying ones do fuck all in every game with them.

the sliding movement on that 3 headed monster and some of the yokai is really sloppy but the rest of the trailer looks better than anything pokemon has ever done.

is the quanitty the problem i told you even with the atlus one.

Then level it up?

>those feet

Attached: pika4.png (350x350, 215K)

>No wonder Youkai Watch is gaining ground in Japan and Europe
in 2012 maybe.
that series died years ago out of nowhere, not sure what happened to it

reminder that if you use EXP share its the fucking same as picking "easy" in any other game and the blame is 100% on you, you fucking idiot

Attached: contempt.png (390x285, 91K)

Yeah they improved so much they just threw 3 games worth of trouble in the trash.

Of course, but it was much easier when you could do it with the help of the exp share. Fuck the group share shit, it ruins all micro management.

It's not a problem. Any competent studio could make a better Pokemon game, and they would if they had the rights to do so.

Even fans could eventually make a better game, if not for fear of constant C&D lawsuits from NoA's hyper-aggressive legal team, who recently even cracked down on a furry porn patreon.

Attached: 664.jpg (558x614, 18K)

So basically you don't want to actually play the game, but complain when the game doesn't want you to play it.

>where Konami dropped Kojima to make pachinko games
it worked out because konami posted record profits afterwards and they don't even need pachinko machines they survive purely from being the owner of the yugioh tcg, anime, and video games.

BADDY BAD IT IS HARD TO MAKE THE GAME WE SMOL INDI COMPANY PREASE UNDERSTAN BUY THE GAME GAIJIN

Attached: 1551665669971.gif (672x368, 1003K)

>it's fine if gen 1 through 5 do this

>spend thousands of hours animating every pokemon to interact with every other pokemon
>game sells millions

>dont do that
>game sells millions

really makes me think

> Any competent studio could make a better Pokemon game
there is a reason no one try to even copy the genre, is too much work quantity wise.

>gen 1 through 5 didn't do this

because gen 5 was the last pokemon game to have soul

>The name of the franchise is that big that we don't need any effort since we are going to receive millions anyways

>So basically you don't want to actually play the game, but complain when
What? I want to play the game, but the exp share used to be really useful when you actually had some control over it. The group share shit might as well be useless to me since i've got no control over it so now I just play without it. But I still really miss the old exp share.

shhhh that goes against the narrative of neededing multi million dollar AAA to stay profitable

yes exactly

dont reward it if you want it to stop

not everyone is smart enough to do Rain World user. those guys were wizards

>I want to play the game, but the exp share used to be really useful when you actually had some control over it
You don't want to train a Pokemon. To me that doesn't look like you want to play the game.

And gens 1 through 6 weren't, incel?

exactly, forget about the jump, 1 through 5 cut had no animation period.

It's not too much work. Nobody competes because the fans don't tolerate entry. It's why Yokai Watch struggles to get the same amount of market share despite being a better game.

This might finally shift with the dex incompatibility and finally the trance GF has over its fans is broken and they might actually play different fucking monster games.

Maybe even Digimon will get popular again.

>shhhh that goes against the narrative of neededing multi million dollar AAA to stay profitable
who said that
mobile games make billions
nintendo games made with shoestring budgets make billions

you only use a lot of money if you want to make a good game, not because you want to make profit

>Making 800+ sets of animation is ridiculous
Man, its almost like this is something they should have started doing in Let's Go so they could do animations generation by generation.

>You don't want to train a Pokemon.
But that's exactly what I want to do.

Where does the money go though? Is Japan secretly planning another real estate takeover and using cheaply made pokemon games to fund it?

its not hard at all and 3d models, rigs, and animations can be reused

they could easily just pill the models from the previous game

>throw item on Pokemon
>never use it and it levels up automatically without fighting
That's not playing a game.

And reminder that it started as Exp.All and not exp.share. Besides, the case mentioned is never going to happen unless you backtrack. Wild mons are always near your team's level when you reach new zones.

paying back shareholders, recouping R&D costs of making new improved Switch models in the future, development of first party projects (zelda botw2, metroid prime 4, etc)

Pokemon has been ugly since ruby sappahrie

The more abstracted something is, the more you can get away with. If you want a perfect example of things looking horrible when you keep the same standards of a Game Boy game for a modern, fully-3D game, look at Final Fantasy Adventure and its iOS/Vita remake, Adventures of Mana. FFA was a Game Boy game from 1990, almost everything in the game has two-frame sprite animations, the partner AI is really bad and they just wander in random directions, it's a good game that holds up surprisingly well despite its limitations and flaws. Adventures of Mana, a fully 3D, 720p game, has single-loop animations that directly copy the two-frame sprite animations of the Game Boy game, and it looks HORRIBLE. In addition, the partner AI was kept "authentic" and still wanders in random directions. It's a perfect example of soul v. soulless; one game was doing everything it could at the time, while one was trying to get by on the very limited things its predecessor did because "it was acceptable then, it should be fine now." It's NOT fine. Put some fucking effort into your product, make it look good. You can have a simplified artstyle but that doesn't mean it's fine to look stiff and lifeless. You can have simple animations that are still full of charm, but it requires actually trying, something GF hasn't done since the 3DS launched.

AHAHAHAHAHHAHA

I've been telling all of you that you've been getting cucked the last 2 gens, but finally you realize it with this move. "Catch them all" is DEAD. Ignorance and blind following has lead to Masuda getting away with absolutely everything.

You fools have been fucking played and they know you'll buy absolutely any shit they give you. Now they're taking away all of the hard work you've invested into, all of your favorites and all of your first 1-3 gen BROS.

ARE YOU GOING TO WAKE UP? ARE YOU GOING TO /ACTUALLY/ SPEAK WITH YOUR MONEY? Don't give them fucking anything. If you want the new pokemon game, just get a used copy. You fucking morons.

Time to rise up and fight for good pokemon games again, otherwise this will become the norm. Enough is enough.

>enemies t-pose and you hear a stone moving sound like in Gmod videos
would be fun

When will Nintendo put its foot down and throw Gamefreak's top brass to the curb?

Nice post, but it doesn't change the fact that the past games didn't do it either. Either attack all or none, don't single out one. That they still don't put effort has no place in this conversation, they never did and never will.

I would actually be fine if DOOM5 had limited animations and simplified models as long as it meant we had the big brawls of classic DOOM maps instead of "the human eye can't see more than 12 demons at once."

I skipped Let's go Eevee/Pikachu because of the dumb shit like not being able to battle wild pokemon and the pokemon go cancer catching mechanic. This one seems fine.

Never. They make lots of money.

>Time to rise up and fight for good pokemon games again, otherwise this will become the norm. Enough is enough.

the better thing would be to buy other games

if GF sees everyone buying some other monster franchise there's at least a chance they will copy their efforts

This looks like fucking trash. RIP Pokemon, moving to console was the final mistake.

The animations aren't made by hand that's not how it works.
Have you ever seen a Smash Bros mod where it replaces a character? That's how they do Pokemon animations, they have one animation and they apply it to all the Pokemon unless it doesn't fit.
ALSO THIS IS LITERALLY JUST A MODIFIED VERSION OF SUN AND MOON THE ANIMATIONS HAVE BEEN FINISHED SINCE X AND Y.

I love this Pokemon it's was so cute and strong mine was named Heather she had a diverse movepool

>Time to rise up and fight for good pokemon games again, otherwise this will become the norm. Enough is enough.
How do you rise up and fight "again" for something that was never there? As shown in videos in this thread, this has always been the norm.

People that cry about exp share are the dumbest idiots. There is literally zero challenge or difficulty in running around in grass battling wild pokemon to level your team, exp share just makes that incredibly tedious and boring process faster. If you're stupid enough to let it overlevel your team, that's ENTIRELY on you because you didn't turn it off. Like said, there are actual issues with Pokemon and if you think exp share is one of them then you're a moron.

I told you fags it was all gonna go to shit when they went 3D

Attached: i warned ya.png (642x424, 16K)

Can you really blame them? When you get mountains of cash for doing the bare minimum, wouldn't you do the same?

Thats impossible user. Now they have to develop 2 GAMES! 2! Thats as many as two fingers and its hard for Matsuda san.

I hate that bug and steel is no longer the superman of Pokemon types with fire beings it's only krytonite I miss Escavlier being useful

it would be okay if it was $40 like every other pokemon game on gb, gba, ds, 3ds. but now it's $60 for this shit.

>Either attack all or none, don't single out one.
Don't lump fucking RBY in with Sword and Shield, user. The Game Boy had a limited amount of VRAM, and you can only have so many graphics loaded at once. Later GB(C) games would dynamically load some sprites making it possible to do super-situational animations like that, but that both wasn't a common technique at the time and probably not something GF could have done anyway considering how incompetent the programming in Gen 1 is.
The further you get away from Gen 1, the less acceptable this kind of thing slowly becomes. The more abstract a game's graphics are, the more your imagination fills in the blanks, and the more advanced a game's graphics get, the less room there is to fill in those blanks and the more devs have to actively put in the detail that should be there. Gen 4 and 5 definitely had the means to have a unique Cut animation, and Gen 3 probably could have easily had one too. But we've gone even further than that, and now have 3D models instead of sprites, which have to be animated in a completely different style than sprites (unless you're ArcSys and are willing to put immense amounts of time into stylizing your model poses to mimic sprites).

Also can we just bring up that the Cut tree in that cutscene literally wasn't there in RBY or FRLG? They added that in and then drew attention to it, only to put no effort into making the cutscene look passable. Sometimes I feel like Game Freak is trying to kill Pokémon and put it out of its misery but the masses keep buying it and everyone has to continue suffering.

WHAT THE FUCK

Attached: 1553003938567.jpg (451x451, 109K)

This. Pokemon was only good with pixel art.

>pokemon game
>you can't catch them all
go fuck yourself GF

you took clear hyperbole and parsed it in the most literal way imaginable. Autistic retards like you deserve the rope

That evil bitch I will shoot her ass

Attached: 1559573658193m.jpg (1024x576, 122K)

Imagine playing pokemon games in 2019 when they’ve just been regurgitating the same designs for two decades.

>complain about a game
>haven't played the game in years
>on Yea Forums
checks out

I just finished replaying Pokemon Colloseum and it had way better animation than this. A game made in 2003. GF should have asked for Genius Sonority's help rofl.

Attached: 1559757010873.jpg (634x1032, 42K)

Reminder that the Pokemon franchise LITERALLY makes more revenue than
>Star Wars
>Mario
>The entire Marvel Cinematic Universe
>Spiderman
>Batman
>Superman
>Harry Potter/The Wizarding World
>Mickey Mouse
>Disney Princesses
>Dragon Ball

GOTTA PATCH EM ALL
GOTTA PATCH EM ALL
GOTTA PATCH EM ALL
GOTTA PATCH EM ALL
POKEMON

cute bunnies

Except that GF waited for Battle Revolution to flop just to send them down

yeah it's fine cause those are 2D Gameboy/DS games if you still do that with fully 3D then it looks like complete lazy vomit inducing shit

I still remember the Yea Forums and /vp/ threads shitting on the game and heralding the death of the series for having Vanilluxe (LITERAL ICE CREAM CONE LMAO) and Garbodor (LITERAL ACTUAL GARBAGE LMAO).

Attached: file.png (818x818, 432K)

>it's fine if a game is bad because it's old haha despite every other game not looking that shit regardless of system haha

>Who cares? No ones is forcing you to use xp share
It's an objective improvement to use it, you shouldn't have to invent rules for yourself to have fun with a game

When will we get a journalist brave enough to directly confront Masuda about how lazy he is?

>why dont they just hire more x
>every where in the entire fucking planet is undercutting staff, increasing work load to max stress levels to make deadlines that are unreachable so the top end of the pecking order can live in a mansion

tell me that bitch got the death penalty

Attached: s0KWRiqjEORV.jpg (582x360, 29K)

are you willingly ignoring what he actually says?

No, but he's ignoring me by claiming he wants to play the game while using an item that doesn't make him play the game.

So like... what has Game Freak done with all the money they made developing the biggest franchise in the world or whatever? This game looks "fine" at its core but it's just so uninspired and boring, and the graphics aren't on the same level as other big-budget Switch games and it can't all be blamed on Pokemon variety or whatever dynamic weather bullshit you can think of. It just looks bad because there's no polish anywhere. It's literally what everyone feared, an up scaled 3DS game.

What's worse? Gen 9 you'll get the free camera the whole game, and good graphics. Then everyone will praise Game Freak again. Just like in Gen 4 to Gen 5, and Gen 6 to Gen 7,

What I'm saying is this game is intentionally shitty looking so they can cash in before having to budget toward actual development needed to bring Pokemon to a big budget franchise level.

Attached: 1502510479369.png (238x296, 96K)

Are you telling me to use Unreal engine in any way I can?

They technically share the money with two other companies, yeah?
Doesn't excuse them at all, they're still dirty fucking jews, but it's not like they got all the billions.

wut? I've never thrown a touchdown in my life but I know blaine gabbert is a shit quarterback. why defend this shit?

I do know. I've seen my best friend and roommate toil away hundreds of hours working as a contractor animator. His art was better. Plenty of much smaller studios with a much smaller budget make better looking animations and art.

This. People don't understand that there are business people when you run businesses. Business people do not know how long it takes to make a good and polish game, they are only interested in numbers and meeting deadlines.

They did what they could to push the game out to earn money to polish on the next games.

Christ that looks bad. It's the same as LetsGo, right? You'd think for the first "proper" Switch Pokemon they would try to make it as good as possible, yet fucking Stadium animations look better.

Attached: Sad yellow hamster.gif (500x283, 614K)

Pokemon Battle Revolution did it.

I already gave up caring after XY, this just par for the course now.

OH NONONONO

I just want Skarmory.

Attached: 1481720398763.gif (320x240, 1.39M)

This is the reality of having to maintain such a ridiculously enormous roster of monsters.

Attached: karen.png (493x1280, 427K)

retard

It's also why going 3D was a stupid idea if they didn't want to commit the necessary resources

Wow, what a fucking shock, its almost as if a corp with an undying loyal fanbase who will eat whatever pokemon flavoured shit they throw at em is easy as heck to please and profitable as fuck.

Its almost as if there is a strong economical strength and demand behind pokemon to the point where the higher ups and investors at nintendo wouldnt ever permit true polish and care for the game and instead want it to be as rushed as posible in order to cash in on an entire legion of new shitty players who will rim the neo-gens asshole pristine clean even when it has glaring flaws.

Its almost as if Pokemon is not actually a good franchise that is made with love and instead was always made for the sake of fucking money and that people have been blinded to nostalgia for so fucking long because despite Pokemon being one of the worst fucking RPGs to ever exist, it was also one of the few fucking decent games in the GB/GBA so they became atached to it.

Its fucking almost as if its a overated series thats run its course atleast 2 gens ago and has progressively become worse, only to be impulsed by normalfags, autismos who spend hundreds of hours on the most pathetic excuse of a competitive imaginable and that people to this day fucking fall for the grindy and useless shit of "catch em all", designed only to waste time like fuck.

Almost. But what the fuck am I saying, Pokemon did no wrong, praise GameFreak.

Attached: 1554319073824.png (252x323, 127K)

try 2.
3 if you want to be gentle

Rent free

>dont reward it if you want it to stop

This isn't an argument. It doesn't matter whether you buy it or not because you're literally one guy. There's always gonna be a gorillion schmucks who will pick up your slack.

Game Freak strikes me as a company that is fucking sick of making Pokemon games and they are only put in charge of making these main line games simply because they were the ones who started doing them. Look at how little effort they are putting into newer games, fuck, the last game didn't even have a god damn National Pokedex. They couldn't even copy and paste old entries like they have in previous games.

Attached: big think.jpg (1200x1085, 64K)

>no scrafty
damn, guess i'll wait until the third version or the sequel gets released

>naruto running
Really?

This post is so pathetic that I'm actually crying. Thank you, user.

Can you still ride your pokemon?

Attached: D8z2NigU0AAwh3R.jpg (680x383, 54K)

>they don't know who the evolutions of the 3 starters are
>But SOMEHOW they know who all the pokemon in the region are

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Gameboy had no animations whatsoever.

Probably not
Leak said there's no following pokemon either

No, that was a gimmick people liked so GF deliberately removed it so that previous game maintains it's own unique charm that can't be found in the others.

That is GF's official statement on why they pull this shit. It's maddening.

>Don't use any thing that the game throws to you, and you see it'll be good

Horrible design

Attached: honkSad.jpg (780x750, 95K)

YOU NOT ENTITRED TO GOOD THINGS GAIJIN, JUST CONSUME PRODUCT AND MAYBE IN A COUPRE YEAR WE PUT FEATURE BACK WHEN WE HAVE RUN OUT OF IDEAS

These games will presumably have the same amount of Pokemon Colosseum and Gale of Darkness has (as in catchable. As both had every single Pokemon at the time), and yet still have vastly better aninations

And they're still allowed to get away with it.
Following Pokemon was only a thing in Yellow, HGSS, and Lego. A small feature that makes the game even a bit more charming, will very rarely see the light of day again.
Not even mentioning things like Emerald's Battle Frontier vanishing entirely for the god awful garbage that is the Battle Maison, that just keeps coming back regardless.

Can someone explain how can Digimon which is not 1/10 as big as Pokemon is capable of animate tons of attacks while GF cant?

Couldn't they just reuse animations from the SM?

>Local animation studios here in Vancouver like Bardel have targets of 45 seconds per week per 3D animator
>Complex scenes that need to be cut up 400-600 frames between storyboards
>Pokemon can't do more than a loop and a jump for their attacks
It's not just games, Japan is so behind on 3D tech and workflows.
>It's an anime fight scene
>Suddenly the camera rolls, tilts and dashes everywhere
>The actual animated characters do really do all that much but the shaky cam masks it with vfx

hard mode won't be a thing, it's the reason that BW and BW2 sold poorly and not because they were released when the DS was on it's deathbed or that BW tried to refresh the series by not having kanto mons
difficulty modes are what killed gen 5, please understand

Attached: 1546827346502.gif (540x304, 2.79M)

>people still buy and play regular pokemon games

Attached: 1552544642412.gif (382x287, 2M)

Thanks for reminding me that the only good thing that could possibly come out of the whole not having every pokemon in the game is that cancerous fucking genie might not be included

Because they're not 1/10 as big as Pokemon

>BW
>sold poorly
It sold better than every game that came after.

t. someone who has never animated before,

>lv41 mewtwo

Attached: 1545453827304.png (750x650, 64K)

niche small games have to actually put some effort into their games and they also get the time to because people with a passion tend to work on them. Not exactly the case with a giant such as modern pokemon I'd bet.

POKEMON IS THE WORLDS BIGGEST FRANCHISE, THEY CAN AFFORD TO HIRE ENOUGH PEOPLE TO ANIMATE THEM ALL

>Surely animations don't take massive amounts of time?
lmao retard

see that's the thing, people don't like the battle maison
because they don't like it it keeps coming back. if people start to suddenly like it then they'll either replace it with another alternative or just remove any and all endgame battle facilities

Modern anime production has one of the most broken and incompetent workflows known to man. The fact that they overwork their staff to death and can still only churn out trashy 3-frame loops and long panning still images with no animation aside from a mouth flap for 80% of a show's run is pathetic.

Why does he fucking reset his facing after the first kick

He wasn't sure if wanted to do that second kick or not. shitty programming

>It's bad to have good things in the game
>the devs should force me to grind for hours to level my shitmon

They dont retard. They have 2, one for physical and one for special. They did this in XY through SM

that's the best part, the AI is still going to be completely retarded

They'd unironically have a much better output if they eased up on the production right even slightly and didn't overwork them. The more you work, the more diminishing returns you get for each extra hour of work. That's part of why employers accepted the eight hour work day, it benefits them as much as the employees.

Why is Brendan's hair brown?