When does it get good?

When does it get good?

Attached: 71696_LB_231x326_en_US_^_2014-11-05-12-46-43_e8d3b5b7729867e03e11066c6b56256fe762cfaf[1].jpg (231x326, 26K)

For me it got good at this part.

Attached: women.jpg (1920x1080, 290K)

When you reach game 3

When you start being a consolebaby.

Why were the controls such dogshit in the first two games? People bitch the combat was bad in 3 but in 1 I couldn't figure out what the fuck I was doing

Attached: 1554427781342.png (489x475, 330K)

never. this entire series is trash.

3 is even worse than 1 lmao

for me it looked normal coming from games like NWN

still haven't played 2-3 though

A drawner mmmh gotta be

Keyboard+mouse > controller
Finished 1. Started 2 and 3 but got bored after some hours

>*whistles for magic horse*
>autoruns on road to quest marker
>*toucan sam vision activates*
>"Mhmm....giant slash marks all over the victim....a Drowner™, gotta be"
>"Come on, Roach"
>*follows nose*
>guys in Drowner™ costumes appear
>"OY BLOODY 'ELL FUCKING CUNT SHIT FUCK CUNT, IT'S A FUCKIN' WITCHER IT IS! GET "EM"
>"Shit you stink" ALALALALALALALALA *sets guys on fire and they stumble and recover immediately, does a cinematic slash and cuts guys in half"
>"Mhmm....Bandits™ pretending to be Drowners™......better tell the village head about this"
>"Come on, Roach"
>*autoruns on road back to village*
>"OY BLOODY FUCK CUNT WITCHAH, WOT ABOUT DA CONTRACT WESE PAIDS YA FOR YA BLOODY FUCKING CUNT?"
>"Just some bastards posing as Drowners™, here's proof *shows flipper*"
>"OY KURWA, HERE'S YA REWARD DA WHOLE VILLAGE CHIPPED IN"
>"Drowning in Danger" Complete AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>10 crowns received

When you launch the game. Seriously the cinematic before the main menu is awesome.

When you stop being a casual

As soon as you get to chapter 1. And the best part is Soulsborne fags will seethe eternally about their inferior franchise getting cucked by the Chad Polack.

Attached: 1547246900311.jpg (469x437, 13K)

almost right at the start

and then you'll spend the rest of the game in swamps, and when you think you're finally free, another swamp will come

At Witcher 3.

>best race
>never mentioned again
Still sad

Attached: Bestiary_Vodyanoi_Warrior.png (256x256, 64K)

Wrong game bucko

Chapter 4 is the highlight of the game. You even get to bang a goddess.

it doesn't. the first game is fucking awful, just like mass effect 1. it gets better in 2.

I like chapter 2 and 4.

chapter 2 onwards

chapter 1 has an interesting story part but it's just not done very well, i think this is universal among all witcher 1 fans

fucking hell, I'll never not laugh at this pasta

Attached: 1545662938761.jpg (480x640, 12K)

After the dog it gets good. After the town it gets amazing. The last few levels are pure Bliss.

What now you piece of filth.

It's ok to be retarded user.

When does chapter 2 start? Once I adapted to the controls, and was able to kill that early dog battle when you leave that cave, I started enjoying the game.

is what you keep telling yourself to cope, but sadly it will never be true

The lake village
That's when it gets real good, and even kind of charming
I also liked how npcs take cover under the houses when it's raining, small detail but i can't remember any other game that does that.

It's unironically true but I don't see anything wrong with that.

The Witcher is pretty boring, unfortunately. I wanted to like it because I like GOG but it's just not fun.

Which part of that is gameplay?

if you don't care for anything but raw gameplay, you probably shouldn't play RPGs

About halfway through. The start is really really shitty and boring and I won't blame anyone who just quits the game right there, however it gets decent if you get past that wall.

Its not that the combat is dogshit.
Its that you don't start with any of the mechanics to make combat fun. Combat is basically cancer until you unlock Charge attack or get access to any of the mechanics that generate Knockdown.

Even Chapter 2 isn't that great.
So in chapter 1-2 you nudge in and grind to get potions, beast decapitation, and all that.
In Chapter 2-3 you finally get to the point where you can get real stuff that isn't complete dogshit from the skilltree, and actually cool upgrades.
In Chapter 3-4 the game starts going bonkers on the story, and how it unfolds.
So somewhere in chapter 3 every mechanic is suddenly unlocked enough that it synergies with what you do, and what Geralt's profession is. and then it escalates in such a amazing way that its hard to put words on how good it is.
Its seriously worth playing for every single wacky sheenigan you get into after Chapter 3, since the game just keeps on giving, without any form of moderation.
And the ending is literally pure bliss

Attached: Witcher_1_Plot_Arcs.jpg (1418x893, 218K)

chapter 2 starts when you get to vizima and wrap up the witch shit from the outskirts

juicy absolutely juicy

was he /ourguy/ ?

kek nice summary

>Angry mob lead by dillusional cleric
>Accusses Witch for crimes she didn't commit
>But she is guilty of almost the exact crimes she is accused of
Of well
You got to give the priest free points for ALMOST catching her redhanded

Attached: witcher.EXE_2015-05-24-20-38-17-151.jpg (1920x1080, 626K)

It's always good and the only good game in the series too

It gets better when you reach the city.
That's about it, it does not get any better.