Okay Yea Forums real talk...

Okay Yea Forums real talk. There's a fucking shitstorm brewing and once again it all started because of one tiny mod that blew up. Forget PUBG vs. Fortnite, the new war the industry is going to witness will revolve around a Slot Machine Mahjong PvP TD game.

>Riot announced League TFT showing up on their client
>Valve has a standalone Underlords game for both PC and Mobile
>the original modders - Drodo - who are now working on their standalone Autochess game as well has gotten an exclusivity deal for the EGS
That's already three major player but there's going to be more shit coming in and it's going to be AAA devs trying to get a piece of that pie.
clips.twitch.tv/StrongGeniusQuailHotPokket

Once Nintendo announced Pokemon autochess shit is going to go ballistic.

Attached: autochess.jpg (1460x956, 191K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkey_selfie_copyright_dispute
clips.twitch.tv/StrongGeniusQuailHotPokket
youtube.com/watch?v=D4DP-9oMfm4
streamable.com/mz4tu
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Pokemon autochess would be great. Do it Nintendo!

I played Dota Auto Chess for about 15 hours and it was fun, but once you've won and tried out all the pieces it becomes boring
The game is built on RNG, who gets the best pieces first

riot was always idea stealing fucks, but i don't understand how anyone can defend valve.
the only games that valve created were half lifes. all the other stuff they hired the original modders and creators to make the games and funded them. now they are just stealing stuff from the modders and people still say they are the good guys?
nintendo autochess would be amazing.

Why is the chink mobile Auto Chess so shit? Its so fucking boring compared to Dota Auto Chess, but they're the same game! idk why

nobody plays this shit but insectoid chinks

China has neet population that's half that of the entire fucking United States.

All you need for a game to be successful is insectoid chinks.

>riot was always idea stealing fucks
also in the same post
>nintendo autochess would be amazing.

Attached: 1549111826115.jpg (218x293, 16K)

Who cares when this shit is already saturated day 1?
And beside auto chess fell off pretty already hard after the initial big hit already, anyway.

Wheres the lie?

in not actually criticizing anyone for doing a clone. if it came out like that, i'm sorry. i'm just calling riot fucks, because they are fucks.

yeah but they dont count as a full human, maybe 1/4th at best

>supporting Modders is bad
They have made a load of modders a fuck tonne of money, I fail to see how its a bad thing.

i said they were the good guys. they weren't for a long time and everyone is just ignoring that

>the only offending thing that can exist in a statement is a lie

That's fine, glad you clear that up.

It’s not your humanity that matters, it’s your money.

Hopefully Valve treats the autochess people better than Blizzard treated the frosty toad.

>Slot Machine Mahjong PvP TD game.

sounds gay. then again i thought mobas and battle royales sounded gay and they make billions

>dota, LoL, HoN, that abort by blizzard
>ASSFAGGOTS

>autochess, riotchess,pokechess, dota underlords, whatever abort blizzard comes up with
>??????

can we find an appropiate acronym?

Apparently they didn't treat them well enough because they wanted to make a standalone autochess game with the original modders couldn't come to terms with each other. Could be that Tencent & Epic deal was too lucrative to pass or that Valve were greedy bastards like always.

Name any other developer that has given as much money back to the community as Valve has with stuff like TF2 hats and Dota hats/music/announcers. Some people have made a living thanks to the systems Valve has put in place while when other games, when they use your models/music/art you can consider yourself lucky when see your name mentioned somewhere once.
And I don't know what you mean by "now they are stealing". They are helping them migrate their game off steam with stats and rewards earned by players intact. They even gave them the Game Pass for auto chess, supporting the original DAC even more.

Chess
Heroes
In
New
Killing
Situation

I like this one.

Multiplayer
Chess
Arena

Wait was Pokechess confirmed? That'd be fucking lit.

Almost like the dota models have soul while those abominations in the drodo version are soulless

Valve would have won this war ages ago if they just acted like chinks.

>mod blows up in your game
>oh hey that's pretty cool
>fly the chink devs that made the custom game to your office
>strike a deal but at the end of the day separated in supposedly amicable terms
>so you just ask for their permission if you can expand on their custom game and they give you their blessing
>in a massive cuck move you even help them out with their eventual transition into their own game
>even introduce a cosmetic to the custom game that people can buy to support the devs
>and now these very same devs are in bed with Epic
Gaben literally played too fucking nice here. If from month one they immediately went cut throat and just yoinked it from the devs then they wouldn't be in the situation they're in now.

Reminder Yea Forums. This is why China is winning across the world.
If Valve was a chink company they would have immediately capitalized on this shit instead of paying attention to the modder's feeling.

>Pokemon autochess
Why not Smash Bros Autochess

>Name any other developer that has given as much money back to the community as Valve has with stuff like TF2 hats and Dota hats/music/announcers.
they were not doing that out of goodness of their hearts. they just found a hole in the market and made billions out of doing zero work. sure a creator got some chump change, while gabe got money for nothing.
those hats were also what killed tf2 and stopped development on all their games, because why would they make anything new when they don't have to

Fictional
Automated
Generic
Chess
Heroes
In
New
Killing
Situation
Distributed
In
Eight
Sides

Nah, just Chinks being greedy insects like they always are

Actually sounds like a really nice idea.
Just make their moves similar to Mystery Dungeon

unironically this desu

They have too much faith in people and the industry in general.
They got burned to hard on VR, too. First giving a ton of R&D to oculus for free only to have them sell out to face kike and then getting fucked over from partnering with HTC as well.

The index is pretty much the result of them no longer wanting to rely on partners to do anything right.

They just didn't want to do any work, like always.

Actually in usual chink fashion, despite Gaben flying the creator out and striking a deal with him, even selling cosmetics for the game to support Autochess the motherfucker just turned around and took an EGS exclusivity deal. Guess Gaben shoulda read pic related.

Attached: SteelAnon gets Riced.png (1400x5552, 946K)

Can you BE any more of a Gabe bootlicker?

>fat man bad

Attached: 11554989.png (1416x1600, 606K)

Feel free to prove any of that wrong or does did your Yea Forums kool aid not come with arguments?

when will you eat that bow of rice bugman wannabe

How am I wrong? I don't give a fuck if Valve is good or not, I'm just laying out the truth here.

And the truth is that the chinks are winning because they know how to play the game. Far better than the jews even.

Thats literally what happened, the timeline is accurate. What don't you like about it?

Autochess was actually a rip-off of a Pokemon-based mod for Warcraft III in the first place.

>give the chinks a bad deal
>they refuse
>we were trying just to be the good guys i swear!!!

Retarded gaben cock suckers actually believe that.

Why does it feel like half of valve is pure greed (microtransactions and stuff like artifact) while the other half is trying to just make high end experiences regardless of costs (index with it's extremely high build quality and end game specs, their games being cancelled for not living up to expectations)

I guess the first half is necessary to keep the second alive since I doubt those projects make much profit if at all. Just wish they could actually release more stuff instead of cancelling shit

what is autochess?

This, knowing valve they wanted the chink to do ALL the work and give them a tiny % just like they do with skin creators.

The new chink hype
It's basically a multiplayer tower defense with elements of chess.
Most of the game plays itself and it's mostly rng so no wonder the chinks love it

They are already better than any other UGC platform by not stripping you of all rights to everything you create on their game's workshop.
Nothing will ever come out of SC2 or wc3 ever again after blizzard locked that shit down to prevent another DotA.

the point is, you are trying to paint gabe as 'too nice' and that's why it didn't work.
it's business. he wanted to impress them and show how cool he is, then integrate them in his own company and make them print money for him again. they chose a better deal and wanted to stay independent.
you think tim didn't fly them to his office and tried to impress them?

If they are leaving if wasn't that good in the first place.

>their games being cancelled for not living up to expectations
? like what games?

>the reason chinks like autochess is because of it's gacha rng elements
YIKES

>t. brainlet that doesn't know about the share pool

>in a massive cuck move you even help them out with their eventual transition into their own game
>even introduce a cosmetic to the custom game that people can buy to support the devs

That's unironically too nice.

The problem is Valve still sees themselves as the biggest player in the market while people are more powerful and aggressive since their absence

Hell this is the company investing a lot into VR just because they want to and can and not because people asked for it from them

Attached: 1515869009358.jpg (602x709, 94K)

they do it, because they see value in it. they desperately need to save that good guy valve image to keep the religion of steam still going.
'see guys, we're so good, we're even helping the poor' while it obviously doesn't cost them anything.

Everybody stealing Overwatch's color scheme for quick impulse buys still humors me.

Attached: icons.png (789x522, 108K)

who will win the chess wars?

Attached: 8923022.jpg (645x960, 70K)

I would unironically love Pokemon Autochess

As with everything in the last decade, oversaturation will kill it and sidelines will fill up with shit until a new idea comes up, if ever

Yeah, no shit making the game stand-alone with a cash shop is better than just selling keys for cosmetics currency for their Dota 2 arcade custom map.

Why would you want to pay for this when you can just play the mod for free?

but you won't pay
it's f2p and i'm pretty sure all the clones will be f2p too

this is incorrect. most of the games will fail, sure, but there will be a clear winner with games being a flavour of the month. same with battle royale games

Make it all automated, preventing them from cheating. It's probably the first time they've experienced fair play.

What the fuck even is autochess

>leaked video of dota Underlords
>assblasted hlcuck comments gameplay
can't wait for ti9 SEETHING

I think Epic shot the bullet too early with Drodo desu.

Mobile I can understand but what's the point of getting the PC version if Autochess players will flock to their respective game's Autochess?

I'm just waiting for Cygame's version of Autochess, with boobs, tits and dragongirl tails.

Still don't know wtf is Auto Chess

Supposedly the NEXT BIG THING

It is a game that is fun at first until you realize how unfun it is to play with people of your same level and get stomped by rng.

Attached: D4F259D34A1B46428F5AE69F973BA2A7.jpg (540x405, 28K)

This

What the fuck is Auto Chess? How do you play it? I hear its about heroes, but in a chess board? and its real-time? And PvP? How does that work?
Someone explain it to this brainlet

You can't steal from chinks, as established in the case of Naruto et al v. David Slater, non-human animals cannot own copyright.
Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkey_selfie_copyright_dispute

And anyway, Auto-chess was stolen by the chinks from an old Warcraft 3 map in the first place, so it's not like they have any claim to it in any case.

We've boiled RTS down to the point that you don't even need more than 10 APM anymore to do play it.
When is the trend going to loop around and we go back to RTS being the big thing again?

holy shit I remember that map and auto chess definitely ripped it off

Autochess is fucking shit. It requires constant attention but at the exact same time its 60% just fucking waiting and doing nothing. Look away for 30 seconds though? You missed your turn and fucked yourself. Who thought this was a good fucking game?

I can't have fun with this, its the most boring shit ever. Tried it once, the game fucking plays its self, the word auto is right there.

It makes me so fucking mad this shit takes off, BR games take off, the most boring shit in the world takes off each and every time while fun games are just forgotten. FUCK auto chess, fuck battle royale, and fuck phone games

Attached: 1537670838576.jpg (680x1098, 121K)

You pick from a list of random hero's and they fight for you and you watch them win or lose and go yay if they win.

that's honestly fucking it

So you have as little control as possible? I suppose there's fun in making team comps, but honestly that sounds it gets boring and lame real fast

The game is played on a chess board.
Every turn you get a certain amount of automatic income (Determined by the round number) and get access to 5 random pieces to buy that can cost from $1 to $5, your chances of getting units of a given cost is determined by your level so on the first round when you only have $1 only $1 pieces will be offered to buy.

The game itself is automatic, with you positioning your pieces between rounds and the units then automatically moving, attacking and using abilities to try and defeat your opponent's pieces.

As the game proceeds you get more money from winning rounds, from interest based on the amount of money you have banked and through win or loss streaks. You use this money to buy piecess and to level up, granting you access to more powerful and expensive pieces. Your level also determines the number of pieces you can field, up to a max of 10.

A big aspect of the game is synergies between pieces, with each piece having a race and a class such as Elf/Assassin (Some units have more than than one of these, like Lycan who is a Human/Beast/Warrior) you gain synergies by having certain numbers of a particular race or class of units, Elves for instance gain a chance to evade the attacks of enemy pieces if you have 3, 6 or 9 seperate elf units, the same unit does count twice so if you have 2 Windrunners they will only count as 1 elf.
You combine units by having 3 of the same units, leveling them up to be more powerful, this is obviously harder with the rarer, more expensive units.

That's about it I think, if there's anything you're unsure about I'd recommend just watching a match on Youtube or something.

You buy heres and place them on the board. Then you wait and see if you won or not. All combat is automated and you have no say in it outside of placement. Additionally outside of very few instances placement means literally nothing as every hero just teleports to each other. Then you buy more hero's and place them on the field. Heros you can buy is completely random and you can get RNGed HARD even if you invest your money into better high level hero chances instead of buying heros that round.

It feels like its a game to have up and playing in a second window while you do other things but at the same time missing even one set up phase can lose you the game since you get more money if you win a round. So you can not look away and once your set up its just waiting until the next set up.

as little control as possible yes, and there is no fun in making team comps, the game clearly tell's you what teams would be the best and if your not lucky enough to get them fucks to be you.

Here let me boil it down to you fags.

It's GemTD with simpler combinations.
Except instead of towers they're units.
And instead of AI you're against other players.

Story of dota repeats: dota@wc3, lol, hon, and dota2 again. There were also slowpoke version from blizzard, how was it called?

Attached: 1560254215423.jpg (320x473, 33K)

> Gaben literally played too fucking nice here
Gabe is just slow retard. Once epic version with mobile crossplay (and then with consoles) will come out, they are done.

Attached: 1560254408112.gif (500x500, 562K)

So it's like Progress Quest, but with gachashit?

I'm not so sure about the drodo version mate.
Epic might be overestimating the fact that they got the og devs.

Epic and mobile version (made with help from epic btw) are both developed by Drodo.

That's my point. I think League is going to come out on top out of everybody here.

The sleezy chink was probably in bed with epic way before valve approached him

That sounds boring as shit

Exactly

>people honestly think Epic is giving Valve competition with this
It's 1:30pm for me, and I'm drunk already, but let me take the time to explain to you why you're so fucking stupid if you genuinely believe that Valve is in trouble here.

>Valve reaches out to modders
>says "hey we'll cut you a deal for a standalone game"
>greedy chinks say no because they're asian jews
>Valve says ok fine we'll still get to make the game because Dota's our IP we just saved money lol
>Epic hires modders and creates whole new cast of stock characters
>wasted a fuckton more money than just taking Valve's deal
>Dota mod won't even need updates because Valve's standalone version will be the go to

Anyone who honestly believes Valve is in trouble probably watches that dumb fuck Tyler and his VNN videos. He's been so desperate for Valve to fall after getting cucked by another CSGO youtuber that his logic is clouded. Valve has immense layers of "fuck you money" and this won't change anything, All Valve did was save some money that would have gone to the chinks.

Attached: D69MiWXWsAAe1Df.jpg (450x337, 16K)

Pokemon autochess would be great. Do it Nintendo!

>Dota mod won't even need updates because Valve's standalone version will be the go to
like artifact became the go-to tcg
like csgo became the go-to br
like dota 2 became the go-to moba

>Valve has immense layers of "fuck you money" and this won't change anything
I mean, in terms of "Fuck you money" Valve can't even hope to compete with Epic, aka. Tencent.

Valve is in trouble because they're complete retards that can't make games to save their lives.
They went on the moba bandwagon 3 years after HoN and LoL came out, if Dota2 came out earlier they could have beaten LoL but they'll always be second fiddle now.
They went on the card bandwagon 4 years after hearthstone came out and we all know how that panned out.
And Riot is literally coming out with their autochess THIS month. You really think Valve is going to beat anyone? No way.

I don't really like Drodo's version because of their characters. No history behind them whatsoever.

So what "AAA" companies have rosters that can supplement an autochess game?
Blizzard
Nintendo

dota 2 is basically the undisputed winner of the moba genre nowadays. the only evidence supporting the idea that league is more popular is "no we're def more popular, just trust us" comments from riot

>all these retarded arguments
artifact was never the go-to tcg because tcg was never popular to begin with after people realized hearthstone sucked dick. cs-go doesn't need to be the go-to br because it's the go-to competitive fps already. dota 2 is the go-to moba you're just too fucking casual to comprehend the game.

Valve can't compete with China in terms of finances, no, but look at how the PC gaming show alone went.
>devs saying "don't we love steam?" despite it being Epic's show
>twitch chat full of tiananmen memes the entire fucking time

>release the most expensive VR headset to date
>sold out immediately
yeah Valve's really hurting when it comes to market shares, not to mention it's not entirely out of the question the company's funds have been invested into other hardware developers like AMD, which would only increase their revenue. I don't like their inaction when it comes to making games, but they honestly survived after the shitshow that was Artifact. They don't have to do a fucking thing to survive because every single thing Epic does is considered a shot in the foot.

Attached: LizardWizard.jpg (600x402, 57K)

Cygames zero fucking doubt in my mind.

See I'm ok with a lot of clones because I feel like the format has potential and eventually somebody will do something really good with it.

the only thing valve had going for them in terms of game development was hiring modders and their ideas. you can look how the only project they did on their own went with atifact

Capcom

Megaman and the assorted Robot Masters with actual unique abilities

Whoah settle down buddy. I like to shitpost here and call people drones just as bait but you're sounding like a genuine drone there.

Forgive me for playing devil's advocate here, but it's almost like Valve's goal the entire time is to take something, make it better, monetize it, and then move on.

>go to BR
Nigger, CS 5v5 comp is the main thing. DZ is just some shit to pass time with while you wait for your mates.

>actually valve is great and perfect and when they fuck up it doesn't matter because they're just so perfect
china money is coming and it won't be merciful while gabe sits on his ass acting like it's not a problem.

Fuck I would give anything for a dragon quest themed autochess. You already have the races and classes down.

>handing out reality checks to epic shills is being a drone

Attached: 1559973956807.png (681x496, 344K)

>artifact was never the go-to tcg because tcg was never popular to begin with after people realized hearthstone sucked dick. cs-go doesn't need to be the go-to br because it's the go-to competitive fps already. dota 2 is the go-to moba you're just too fucking casual to comprehend the game.

>it is like this because i said so
ok, you convinced me

They have so many Megaman titles and spinoffs to choose from
It would take them years before they run out

Don't try to understand the complex mind of a valve cuck.

>this thing is popular, i want my own version of this thing and i want it to run exclusively on my platform.
It's the same MO as Artifact. Gabe thinks purely in terms of money now.

>load of modders
You mean with paid mods?

>I would give anything for a [...] autochess
Alright, I'm taking your life
*slits your throat*

I'm sorry real life is too hard for you to acknowledge mr chinaman sir.

You must be 18 or older to post here.

close. their whole thing since half life 2 was: see something promising -> acquire it -> profit without doing anything
nothing wrong with that, sure. i just don't understand how it started a religion

its actually mahjong rng which is why it's so popular

Anyone who thinks dota2 is the go-to moba is just delusional, you need to come back to reality.

>guys Valve is dead for real this time also nothing happened on that street and there were never tanks shut up

Attached: 1559979297403.jpg (512x307, 27K)

That's why the international gets more viewers than whatever the fuck league has lol
>t. heroes of the storm player

The fact that you believe that valve actualy help them (or even working) is hilarious and kinda sad at the same time. And the "help them out with their eventual transition into their own game" is just pure comedy gold. Because, yes, Valve actually put effort (jesus... please stop, my sides need a rest) in something and, of course, the devs are the bad guys because they are now working with another company.

>the original modders - Drodo - who are now working on their standalone Autochess game as well has gotten an exclusivity deal for the EGS
So that's why the mod has been fucked for the past few days, what kikes.

>clips.twitch.tv/StrongGeniusQuailHotPokket
>3-5 more big name autochess games coming

Any bets Yea Forums?

>123 is actually a good number for a card game

they didn't really make artifact either when it comes down to it. the thing they do is they provide the resources for other people to design and make their games for them, and they trust these people to deliver without interfering with the dev process too much. this worked out well with l4d, dota, cs and so on. however, with artifact, they had richard garfield designing the game, and they just failed to notice that the around 90% of the shit richard garfield makes is half-assed flops. so as it turns out, richard garfield produced another flop like he usually does, and valve ends up looking like morons. valve was too arrogant to listen to playtesters and too naive to have so much faith in garfield, and garfield is too much of a washed up boomer to design a fun game anymore.

valve no longer seems to have those headstrong devs who are willing to take responsibility for their projects, just a lot of wishy washy employees looking out for themselves. like, who even took the blame for artifact being a failure over at valve? who oversaw the project? did they cast all the blame on richard garfield? are they so naive that would let a foreign advisor completely oversee a project for them?

i wonder why the biggest once in a year tournament that people not interested in the mobas watch gets more viewers than a tournament that happens whole year

what happened with the mod

They didn't get an exclusivity deal for the EGS. Valve made deal with them that Valve can use their idea for their own game and they can make their standalone game, but they can't compete with the Valve on the Steam so they had to go for the EGS.

Is the result of a match determined completely by the starting positions and the heroes chosen, or is there some sort of randomness involved?

>people seriously thinking that the chink DIDN'T get forced at gunpoint to have his baby under epic
it's not just about money, it's about your continued survival in a country that kills and erases your history for less than a potential moneymaker/propaganda spread machine

no, custom games all over the board were fucked, it's valves fault

t. retard who has no idea how Dota Pro Circuit works.

>Valve reaches out to modders
>says "hey we'll cut you a deal for a standalone game"
You missed the "you work in everything, we will get all the profits from cosmetics (and game price). Here is your hamburger bonus and a ticket for a diet coke. What? You were expecting money?" in the deal part.

Do you seriously think Valve would have let them release their game on Steam when Valve was making their own game for the Steam?

>already blaming the devs instead of valve despite valve history of broken every custom game with a new patch

i don't give a shit how it works. your post was about international and why does it have such numbers.
nobody cares about other tournaments.
but, yeah lol is dead and nobody cares about it even tho it's literally on tv channels constantly

what do you think happens with the dota mod now? is it abandoned? do people even still play it?

I already hate this genre

From what I understand the devs will still support in the near feature probably at least until their actual game releases on EGS.

Which game did Autochess start on? Which game has the more recognizable characters?

Attached: 129791361360.png (396x400, 26K)

LoL is promoting itself lately as a game that doesn't need deep strategies/team composition and that everything can work
youtube.com/watch?v=D4DP-9oMfm4

Probably supported for a couple of months. Until Valve breaks something again and drodo does a valve and stop caring.

Can't speak for the future but there are 170k people playing it right now.

So all it give is a good feel of gambling? They better have waifus because if that is all i don't know how else this game will fly.

>characters designed specifically to be indistinguishable from the original warcraft 3 models when seen from far away
>recognizable

>who cares?
>neither
Any more questions?

here's your autochess clone
streamable.com/mz4tu

im legit scared at this point. I work at a vidya company, who only does f2p and we have a team doing an autochess. We cant be the only ones either, if you give it a few years the market is gonna be saturated as fuck

>IMFUCKINGPLYING valve isn't already in bed with china

Look at New Bloom. Look at fucking TI9. I stopped playing when 7.00 came out, came back for the new battle pass, and my fucking lord have I never seen so many chinks on US East in my life. The game is gaining stupid amounts of traction in China, and this is most importantly without them being under Tencent's heel.

Attached: 1533500611003.jpg (307x309, 18K)

>people mentioning pokemon
lmao you retards

knowing nintendo they'll sleep on this shit for at least 4 years before releasing a game that's broken as fuck but people will still eat it up because nintendofags are just that dumb

Nah m8 ur just shit

Nobody cares about about dota characters. There is even almost no porn of them and that's the only good metric of characters popularity.
If this is your main point, then any other autochess clone coming is going to destroy them: Lol, blizzard, etc.

lmao at your life

Of course the fucking snoytard comes in and makes it about consolewars.
Sod off buddy. Sony didn't even win E3.

>NEXT BIG THING
It's just a twitch streamer thing, purely RNG so you don't think/do much and can conversely pay attention to twitch chat and interact with said chat.

Where is the faggot that made lawbreakers and radical shits autochess?

It'll happen like it did to mobas, BRs and other game genres in the past - the ones who started the trend will remain at the top while the new ones will survive only if the other ones will remain irrelevant unless they add an interesting feature. Good luck with yours, mate.

cope

nah, mate. your game is going to be cancelled for sure. just look at br's flavour of the month released constantly and the game dies before it's even fully released.

You can shitpost about the quality of nintendo games all you want but they release the most polished games.

>Heros you can buy is completely random
They've added a blacklist feature and i'm not sure exactly how it works as i'm still new but what other players have affects what you can get so it's not completely random.

tell your boss to stop chasing trends you f2p-cuck
seriously, it's not healthy to always be the ones to chase dreams

>porn is what drives a game's popularity and quality

dotachads have much better things to do than beat their meat to pixel titties, user

Attached: 1416552319355.png (800x600, 12K)

>what other players have affects what you can get
which is still completely random

Cliffy B does fuck all these days but shitpost on twitter, his last couple games were such flops his whole company went under bankrupt and he announced he was stepping away from games.

They have a Chinese audience but they're not in bed with the government like Tencent has been confirmed to be.

>a few years
>riot autochess is coming out this month

it's more like: dota is only popular in russia and china and both of them have no creativity and talent for drawing

holy shit
3 pieces make the mon evolve
nintendo hire this man

>dotachads have much better things to do than beat their meat to pixel titties, user
What other things? Like being hateful racist pieces of shit that all loathe humanity?

I won't argue with yall but anyone saying this'll blow up is delusional. Unless the LOL version is ultra casual catered it will not blow up. This actually needs thinking for strategies, economy, and proper unit position on the field relative to your enemies and not "press two buttons" to win.

i hate the chinese so god damn much

>Like being hateful racist pieces of shit that all loathe humanity?

wtf i love dota now

no there is a set limited number of each piece and the level of pieces you get depends on your level, you can see how many of each piece are on peoples boards, its simple math you brainlet

There's an element of determinism in that, not completely random.

This.

The success of Riot's Autochess is crucial for the fate of the genre as a whole. They have the biggest reach currently especially since directly tied to their client. League's Autochess, whether it's good or not, WILL open lots of normalfags and casuals' eyes to autochess as a genre. It'll bring in a lot of potential people into the market.

And depending on the results of that a few weeks from now, that's when the wave of clones start coming in.

Whoever will make mobile version first will probably win that race. Autochess is a mobile game aka trash.

>This actually needs thinking for strategies, economy, and proper unit position on the field relative to your enemies and not "press two buttons" to win.
yeah, it needs skill, just like the BR games right?

Attached: 1559686201973.jpg (330x373, 42K)

>ultra casual
They obviously want the Chink and Asia audience who don't care if its casual or not. Cities in China built statues for League characters they love it so much.

seems like a pretty big 180 from banning players for not following the meta

FGO AUTOCHESS

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST

some chink mobile automatic-battle game that has nothing to do with chess

Yeah, just because they're games with chance components doesn't mean skill doesn't factor into it. You think professional poker players are just really "lucky"?

Hey Yea Forums. Get this.
Fucking get this lads.
Listen here.
Come closer.
What if --- you still with me?
Lend me your ear.
What if...
Oh you're going to love this.
What if.
What if Auto Chess but with actual Chess pieces?

If this actually happens,we're gonna get more buyer's remorse threads

Patently wrong. And the only reason the /vg/ thread isn't plastered with it is because some gay furry ruined everything by anthropomorphizing all the male characters.
Not defending mobas, just correcting an incorrect record.

Attached: 1560254198747.jpg (1280x1679, 368K)

>They have the biggest reach currently especially since directly tied to their client

i think you might be overestimating how big league of legends is nowadays. i don't think normies play league anymore, i think it's just league fans who do, and we don't know how many of those exist anymore because they don't release numbers anymore.

I wouldn't bet on any PC-first devs. So RIOT, Valve, Epic etc. are out of question. Supercell will dominate autochess genre.

Exactly. Thankfully the og studio who made the mod partnered with Epic Games, fortnite makers, who will probably go all in on marketing but still, the skill curve will be the barrier.

Apples and oranges.

Drodo Studio has been very responsive with their english audience as well, they care.

As long as it kills the BR meme I'm all for it

As long as it is team fights it will be fine, because they will be able to blame other players for their losses.

>nintendo autochess
>Ralts 1 star
>Kirlia 2 star
>Gardevoir 3 star
>Summoner of units: young Sabrina who turns to HGSS Sabrina with 5 wins and then turns into the OG Sabrina with whip

MUH

well auto chess is basically a card game since you "draw" random shit, so you can always blame RNG when you lose

you'll notice that a fuckton of popular games either have a team element (so you can blame your team, like you noticed) or an RNG element so you can blame randomness. any game without RNG or team-based gameplay is bound to have minimal normie appeal, like fighting games or real chess.

that's not to say RNG is bad. in the long term, learning how to manage RNG is a skill like any other and a game without RNG will typically be less complex to play than a game with it. example of this being something like XCOM, where the risk management and planning for a multitude of different outcomes from a single randomized roll is what forms the basis of gameplay

I'm willing to give Valve the benefit of the doubt because they'll most likely announce their game during TI9 in August.

And you know where TI9 is? Smack dab the middle of fucking Shanghai. Fucking chinks.

Dota mutts fear the League of Legends chad, stay coping with your dying video game. And thanks for the gamemode idea nerds, see ya later.

it's gonna suck when tencent asks for some favors and those valve employees presenting the game end up getting their visas revoked

>i-it's okay when valve works with the chinks!
lmao steamdrones are seething right now

but it's still fucking random who gets which first

>
>What is looking at other players' fields to determine which to get first and be the only one vying for it
>What is this thing called plan B if plan A gets foiled
>Also winning in autochess is being in top 3
I'm sorry but you are too literal of a brainlet to insult user.

Autochess is just TD with RNG and PVP

i'd rather play fucking mahjong than this at least mahjong have real strategy and weight in the pieces and doesn't pretend it's not goddamn random

The very first unit each player gets determines virtually nothing about the course of the game.

Pretty much this. Let the different developers innovate and balance their own way. The winner will be the auto chess fans who get the best product.

>consumers
>winners, ever

Attached: 1548266034154.jpg (704x396, 37K)

>Valve forces you to play Dota 2
>Riot forces you to play LOL
>Epic Games forces you to play in their shitty client and probably Fortnite as well

Not touching any of that.

Unlike what Yea Forums would like you to think, Riot has never done that. They ban people for trolling and some of them go "b-but my off-meta" and gain traction but they were just trolling.

>forcing
How? Avoiding shitty games should be easier than shitposting on Yea Forums.

For
>Progress
and
>Rewards
What they'll do instead of having a paywall only is to have both a paywall and "play our game for reward!!"

Time for you to leave then

I swear to fucking god these fads are just getting worse and worse.