Why does everybody pretend that they have played this game?

Why does everybody pretend that they have played this game?

Attached: 51tkmb93AiL._SX342_.jpg (342x327, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fJsiJt_h_g4
youtu.be/r3hbPWyI-UQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There are two types of people in this world, user
Those who actually play/watch/read
And those who go "I WANT TO FUCK PUSSY"

Because im old enough to have bought it on release date and completed it at least a dozen times.

I've played it. FF7 remake is going to be more enjoyable gameplay wise. As far as story goes I can't say the same thing. Stay butt mad Yea Forumsirgins.

I can't think of anything more pathetic than pretending to play a game. Only thing that comes to mind is being a discord tranny. That is pretty pathetic. Cloud and Sephiroth are clones from Zack, that means they are not real. Vincent was the only right answer, as the best character and Square has ruined the remake with all the changes and planning on milking you fags for money making you pay 3 times full price to get 1 game. The real reason the game is ruined is because of the tiddy debacle.

i know i played some shitty ff ps1 game on my ps2 in 2000-03. who knows if it was that one. it may might have even been a different jrpg. they're all the same

Are there actually people here who haven't played it? It was pretty damn popular

I have played that game.

well the only people screaming and getting excited at the remake were all zoomers born after 2000

Why does everyone pretend like most of us aren't 24-28 and likely grew up with it because it was really fucking popular to the point the kid on the block with the 100% memory card was considered God

>pretend to play the one who's entry into JRPGs for most people is
Does not compute. Only zoomers or people unlucky to not be able to play PS and N64 as a kid would fake having played it.

Heck, I remember buying the PC version in a Rite Aid and it came with like 4 different install discs IIRC.

Played it.

IX was better.

>pretend
What? Just because you didn't play it, doesn't mean it wasn't the most popular game when it came out and basically everyone who likes RPGs played it.

can you guys just start to unironically slit your throat?
this board is nothing but "tranny, have sex, based, cringe cope yikes, sjw" anymore.

VIII was the superior FF from the PSX era

i played it and i wasn't even born when it first came out in japan. lots of people come into contact with it,it is usually mentioned when people talk about the best games ever. that doesn't mean it is,but i'm sure many tried it after reading stuff like that.

and let's not forget the fact that it's part of the final fantasy franchise. my first ff was X,and i tried out the others because i enjoyed myself and VII and IX were the next ones i went for after X.

the next generation then got influenced by spinoffs like crisis core or dissidia. imagine how cool the "emo" cloud from the newer games looked to kids then. kingdom hearts probably also played a part.

Don't procrastinate.
DIlate.

I played like 12 hours back in the day but hated the combat since I wasnt used to jrpgs
Actually I hated every other FF I tried

The game sold 11 million on the psx alone. That's more than Ocarina of Time a game which everyone played.

Why is Yea Forums filled with 00's kids these days?

fuck off, i gonna start to join resettera and support whatever they do just to piss you retards off, bye.

Haven't played it yet. FFIX was my childhood.

What's the version to go for these days?

Attached: 1528928755220.png (288x356, 78K)

Do they? Anyone i have met who has never played it is quite honest about the fact. I didn't play it in 1997 either, didn't get around to it until like 2001?

Attached: C26E5C36-6479-4564-A4D8-A5EC87D92D61.jpg (434x1154, 54K)

The original, don't get the updated version from square, it's permanently glitched and you can't save Aerith from perma death.

PC version is fine though though I think any version will do, especially since they fixed the field music looping after every battle with a patch.

Switch or PS Vita / PSP for maximum comfy (though Switch gives you the option to speed up battles and has the up to date textures from PC compared to PS Vita and PSP which run the old PS1 image IIRC).

lmao

This. But unironically.

I played it for about 4 hours some time in 1998.
Seemed okay...but never been compelled enough to go back and give it a proper go.

A remake is only valuable to those who played it as kids when it first came out.

party member ranking

cid > aerith > barrett > yuffie > tifa > red xiii > vincent > cait sith

>want my gf to experience FF7 because she never played an FF game
>playing FF7 today seems like it would be hard for her to get into
>hope the remake will serve its purpose as a surrogate FF7 that plays like the original
>"expanded storyline" with new characters and dialogue and shit

My disappointment is immeasurable, and my day is ruined

I played it without knowing what a big deal it actually was.

PC version is not fine, it has fucked up music

They didn't patch that version (Steam that is, not the vanilla one obviously)?

It's ok bro... She doesn't know what she's missing.

The music quality in the original release depended wholly on how good was your midi device

I hear you. Battle royales, though. I CANT GET ENOUGH! Mooom, give me your credit card, I ran out of vbucks again!

Oh you.

Switch will be probably my go to version then since pc version seems to have SE account requirement and I'm allergic to bullshit. Cheers.

Attached: ClBS3OYUgAAlI56.jpg (611x611, 41K)

You can't patch the music in as the original was dependent on the sound chip of the psx to mix the samples.

yeah point being it can't sound like it was intended to in any configuration.

ALL old games should ALWAYS be played on the original platform

yeh true. But part of my desire to have her play it is she watched her brother play FFX so that's her idea of final fantasy :|

What about the steam port? Should it not be fine for that one?

Vincent > Red XIII because of his limit breaks, the rest is correct.

How many people in this thread have -not- played it? OP it's basically babbies' first JRPG. People stumbled upon this all the time when it came out. It was obnoxiously popular. I had friends in school telling me about how to resurrect Aeris for fucks sake. I know cowadoody bros that have at the very least tried it. You have to be just about 18 (or underage, in that case just get the fuck out) to have never tried this if you ever had a slight interest in JRPGs.

>Prefers the cuck of the universe to a based doggo
I am not suprised, just disapointed.

I don't know but if they didn't implement some kind of psx emulation in it there is zero possibility of it having the original sampled music which was replaced by midi tracks in the original PC release.

No. Emulate the game on a playstation emulator it isnt remotely hard to do

Ok I checked on youtube it seams they implemented the original music back into the steam port.

make her play FF XIV then LOL

I played it around 2005. My PS1 had finally shit out and I played it on PS2 backpat.

I'd like to Replay it before the remake, but I dread facing Safer Sephiroth again. I pretty much made it out by luck. Any tips for that fight?

because their actually is quite a number of 30+ permavirgins on Yea Forums

Just be though and believe in yourself

That's what every morning cartoon and JRPG always told me and it always worked

......level up?

theres nothing remotely challenging about ff7 man

I last played FFVII on a PSP back in 2014. It looked pretty fucking nice on that small screen I tell you. Anyways, I actually didn't finish it. I spent a lot of time doing stupid shit and grinding for AP. I still have the save somewhere.

I have to ask, should I just start a new save? Maybe the PC version with that New Threat mod?

I'm a 30yo boomer that played it at 9

I didn't have a ps1 and I really didn't feel the need to play any final fantasy

Attached: 1548583981710.jpg (1280x720, 50K)

Safer Sephiroth level scales, or so I heard.

played it in 2012, kinda forgot the details though

played it till disc2, but never completed it.

what the fuck are you on about it's literally the most famous jrpg of all time. why would square be doing a massive blockbuster remake of a game that most people haven't played? I'm just going to assume you're some kind of retarded zoomer born in 1999

Yea Forums is like 14 dude.

grew up with a n64, played ff7 2 years ago and was surprised by how good it was, it deserves its legendary status

Most people born between 1980 and 1992 have played it. Except Yea Forums because it's Nintendo central and they didn't have a PS1

He's saying most people on Yea Forums haven't played it which is absolutely true.

>I pretty much made it out by luck. Any tips for that fight?
Mastering Double Cut materia (so you get a 2nd copy that can be developed into x4 too) makes that fight trivial. Not even going into quadra magic or KotR.

coulda fooled me was as easy as the rest of the game

So they now lock summon behind paywall?
Good, i know i won't be buying this at release.
I will just wait for the definitive version on PS5/PC 15 years later.

I bet less than 10% of Yea Forums was born before 92.

Bizarro and Safer Sephiroth both scale based on different conditions including how fast you defeat Jenova Synthesis and whether or not you use KotR in that battle.

Only his health. He really is super easy the ONLY thing that may kill you is fallen angel, this assuming he uses an AoE attack next turn which I bet if you looked up the script; he probably does has a parse like if characer HP below>

Ruby Weapon was the only hard thing about ff7 and I beat him when I was 8. Sure it was through mime scumming but ay

Attached: when you.jpg (1280x720, 121K)

you're implying i'm 13 or something when i'm almost 24

Alright thanks.

Think I'm gonna do it. Might as well use the same PS2.

Despite actually having the game during the ps1 lifespan it wasn't untill recently that I took dive into actually finishing the game for the first time. And the reason people have been ask for remake is not only nostalgia but the original game has aged horribly. really going back to it is rough. The graphics severely dated, (yes I know early 3D title I get it.) especially the pre rendered backgrounds lets just say there's a reason we abandoned them when we got better hardware. It makes navigation a nightmare even with the red arrows, fixed camera in locations that often don't make sense. Battle system weak is compared to other entries in the series. Materia that actually open up combat can't really be obtained until 2/3 through the game. Story and characters are great that's the reason its remembered so foundly. but gameplay... well doesn't hold up. So honestly completely changing it was probably the best thing they could have done.

So you were 8yo last year? You know the rules here

i played it, just stopped it at disc 2 because it was boring.
i prefer star ocan and ff8 (mentioned them because they are the same generation, theres obivously tons of more jrpgs better then ff7)

It must physically hurt to develop such shit taste.

>tfw never played Final Fantsy

Attached: 1534240118244.png (427x426, 325K)

I never played the chinese boot either called Final Fantsy

the ironic thing is that everyone i know irl saying that ff7 was the best ff owns an original copy of 6,8 and 9 but doesnt even own 7.
guess that doesnt speak for everyone, but kind of retarded if you think about it

Please stop acting like FFVII isn't the most casual fucking game in existence.

I played it in 2007

Why are people on Yea Forums so unironically mad about the remake?

Zoomers who pretended to play the original hating on the remake for being a remake

It's quite something. Aeris is called Aerith in it.

ff7 fags are 40%"i pretend to like the cause it makes me feel like im everyone else in a community", 50% nostalgiafags that are just looking for reasons to blame their dislike on, and about 10% who actually think it was a great game.
obivously they hate on the remake, even though its obivously multiple tims better then the original

Because it's hip to be retro "born in wrong generation" these days.

>24-28
Fucking underaged nufags.
T. 32yo

Reminder that 5, 6, and 7 are the best FF games.

Should i pirate it and 8 on the vita?

>im not 17, im 18
you propably heard that line often enough in your 32 years, huh?

I watched someone play it. But was too poor for a ps1 and my paper round only paid £1.50 a day

I have a release day copy and played the shit out of it when I was a kid.
I still play through it every couple of years.

I dropped it when I got to the final dungeon, football started up and I didn't like it as much as FF2 and 3 (IV and VI) and knew what was gonna happen anyway since, y'know, I had played the NES/SNES games. I didn't like jrpgs on the PSX because the loading times infuriated me. I stopped playing games almost entirely during that era, but then I rediscovered PC gaming and had a grand old time. I skipped all those consoles and only got an XBox when I went off to college because I was gonna have "high speed internet" and could play multiplayer shit on it.

I have since gone back, now that games of that era can be sped up on emulators, and played a lot of those games. They're pretty great. FFVII I still feel is weak, but IX is good. Suikoden is the best on PSX, but there's a ton of great ones on it like Brigadine and whatnot. Saturn also has some good ones, including the HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN. I haven't gotten around to and Dreamcast jrpgs, though. I have one on the shelf, I need to mod it.

I'm part of the 10%, but that's after having played it since the original Tobal No.1 demo and not liking the game for well over a decade before giving it another shot as a proper adult.

>loading times
That's an odd complaint, FF7's load times were barely noticeable

agreed, god bless emulators and their customizeable framerate.

>Tobal no 1
I adored that game so much. I wonder if I still have it from back then, let me check.
youtube.com/watch?v=fJsiJt_h_g4

>FFVII's load times were barely noticeable
If the PSX was your first console, maybe. I grew up with NES and SNES/Gensis, the load times were horrendous.

I went to Toys R Us and got it the first day. I was there even before they opened.

Casuals think it's a necessary part of being a "gamer" hence why they're hyped for the 7 remake.

I've played the original, I've played the psp version, and I'm gonna play the remake, I don't know what the point of this question, how this has to do with anything at all

Attached: 1557441467764.png (371x353, 148K)

My first console was a NES and it really didn't bother me very much. But different things bug different people I suppose.

Back in the day, you were not a gamer unless you beat Final Fantasy 7 and Ocarina of Time

Considering I have a M2 drive on my PC, I do hate long loading times more than the average person.

I don't even had an SSD yet. I just used to keep a book or something nearby or just be alone with my thoughts for a few seconds.

Yeah if people actually played it they would know Tifa is a dime a dozen whore and waifu for degenerates.

How ironic

You haven't played it.

You forgot the worst of the buzzwords, "incel". I don't know why there aren't wordfilters in place already. This shit is far worse than soi ever was

Is Yea Forums really this young? Even on Yea Forums people will shit on Goldeneye for being overrated and just nostalgia because, "everyone grew up playing the game". Seems like the same thing is true here about OoT. Those were both out at the same time as FF7. I didn't actually own a Playstation, but I played it a bunch at friends' houses, and even borrowed it a number of times.

I never had the chance to play it growing up but I'll for sure be getting the remastered version coming out this year

Man, I just hate that they made a 2 disc game about the first 5 hours of the game. It'll be what, 2030 when we get to Sephiroth in the end?

Attached: IMG_9982.png (235x252, 158K)

I've played FFVII at least a dozen times. I still consider it one of my favorite games of all times. I can answer nearly any question about it. I am completely hyped for the remake.

Attached: 15b69e2108fd64d49dbccc3e9c239cde.jpg (550x531, 185K)

I never claimed to have played it.
Remake looks fun though, shame about the censorship, wonder if the crossdressing will be censored as well.

Have you accepted that Jenova was in control all the time into your heart yet?

No. You are wrong. You have always been wrong. You state this only to agitate me, I know.
But I am agitated all the same.

Attached: 1452746204820.jpg (1300x1800, 856K)

you are a virgin,right?

Where do you think you are?

Attached: 1451732646057.jpg (600x709, 257K)

Yea Forums is normie board

I'd been emulating it for a while. Got a few hours in and just never came back to it. I'll probably need to start a new file if I ever decide to coem back to it

Kind of random but I just finished this game a few weeks ago for the first time and it's miles better than Ocarina of Time. I'm a Zelda guy, but I was blown away by FF7's characters and story and fun combat

I played the PC version that I pirated from some site which come prepackaged with some mods I think many years ago. Didn't finish there though I finished the original on my PSP Go like 6 years ago. Now I learned that a retranslated version of PS1 release exists so I am playing that on my Vita. Shit's cash OP, play it too.

One thing that really bothered me in yesterday's demo was how much talking each character had in combat. Wasn't a second of silence

>Guys just shut up and let me concentrate, I need complete silence on the battlefield

>pretend
if you havent played FFVII there is something legitimately wrong with you
thats like saying you havent seen The Matrix or something

You're right. Being real, Yea Forums is not my hometown to begin with, I'm a /jp/sie. I'm only here because FF is my lifeblood and this is a FFVII day.

Attached: 1447854930634.jpg (800x960, 356K)

The average age of Yea Forums is probably like 17.

why would anyone pretend to play any game? people either have played a game or they haven't. there is one other game that people always say that everyone just pretend to play it but no one haven't. called street fighter iii 3rd strike.
what drives people to think that the other guy haven't played a game and just pretending to know about it. what would they even get from pretending to have played a certain game on a Taiwanese embroidery chatroom

Have sex

Zack is a clone of Sephiroth

Yeah I don't understand either. when it first came out no in my school even fucking heard of it. fast forward to early 2000's it became a classic that every swinging dick online use sephiroth or cloud as part of their usernames. people only remember aerith, crossdressing cloud, and one winged angel as only the highlights to the game. you could ask them about hojo, lucrecia, zack's death, reunion and they couldn't tell you about them.

>Cloud and Sephiroth are clones from Zack
>Zack is a clone of Sephiroth
can you guys stop pretending to be retarded?

>Why does Yea Forums pretend they play video games?

i played it when i was a kid and i dind't understand anything about the game, also because it was totally in english (i'm from italy) and i am like 8 yo, but i have the striongest feels about this game and i don't know why.

I filmed people without asking and got kicked in the shin..by a girl

youtu.be/r3hbPWyI-UQ

Attached: image.jpg (1536x874, 248K)

Everyone has played it you stupid newfag(s).

Hey, fuck you, I just got around to playing it before all of the news started dropping. With the game fresh in my mind, I can safely say I'm worried.

Because most people who browse this site grew up with either ps1 (europoors and 3rd worlders) or n64 (burgers, other anglos and western europeans), so FFVII and OOT were two of the most iconic games of the generation.

I don't think it was the game as much as it was the console. Playstation's would need to be flipped on their sides after some time just so it could continue reading games. I remember almost giving up during the transition from disc 2 to 3 because it just wouldn't load. Finally just left the house for a while and came back later to see it finally went through.

nu-Yea Forums is 16-20 aka zoomers. Most millennial anons have moved on with their life, it's mostly the losers and weirdos that still post here.

I didn't play it when it came out because I thought it looked like shit. And I was pc (and snes) masterrace.
I played it rather recently to find out what the fuzz is about. I actually liked the material system and the midgard section but got less interested as the game got on. Especially Cait Sith I found completely obnoxious and confusing, I wish he wouldn't be in the game at all.
Managed to get to Aeriths death and was completely underwhelmed, because prior to that she was missing for hours and I found the relationship with her underdeveloped. So I turned it off and never played to the end because I didn't see the point.
FFIX is by far my favourite from the PS1 era.

you're just making up shit now. fuck off

That happened on early models and fixed later. Yours must be near lauch model and if it wasn't but still had insane loading times the lazer lens must be faulty.

would OP be happy if everyone who hasn't played the original always mentioned it whenever discussing the remake?

Based.

Played it when it was available to get on PS3. Cool story and characters. Materia system is cool. The game has a lot of cinematic action sequences in it, too; I legit think this is a precursor to like all that stuff you see in AAAs today with crazy setpieces. But the random battles + turn based battles thing got old after a while.

>epic zoomer post be like: no one has actually played a Zelda game wtf old heads
Can't wait to see more and more of this

Fucking this

current average Yea Forumsedditor is born after 2000 and their first game was unironically some mobile shit

On an emulator I bet. On PS1 hardware the game was a slog to play and ruined the entire experience

>The game has a lot of cinematic action sequences in it, too;
>But the random battles + turn based battles thing got old after a while.
>hurr durr i like the bad things and don't like the good things
Leave, you don't belong here.
Bad news for you buddy, remake will still have random battles, and it's still turn based for anything that actually matters unless you think you're gonna be able to hold square to win like 15 lol

Is this shitposting? Turn based combat is the worst part of FF7.

Most my age played it. I'm not sure about people under 30 without an older sibling

I agree; FF7 is absolutely the game that said "let's just have a bunch of crazy shit in our game to demo the tech."

ITT: zoom zooms.

absolute 9 bro