FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE NEW VOICE ACTORS

So why did they recast the entire Final Fantasy 7 cast? I mean I’m not complaining because the new voices actually sound really good but it’s just weird. Steve Burton has literally been the voice of Cloud since 2002 (Kingdom Hearts 1) and we heard Steve Burton way back in 2015.

Attached: 97180D32-6916-491A-A3A7-8D7B5F70AA9C.png (687x737, 133K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eVjwc1H7r74
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I know exactly one of those names.

>ThunderCats Roar
Really didn’t need to be reminded that that’s still a thing.

Steve Burton was worthless, Rachel was good as Tifa as was Andrea as Aeris. Not sure why those changed.

Attached: cloud ponder.png (176x192, 26K)

>Dub
OH NONONONONONO
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Whos gonna voice up Red XVIII? I mean he is in the remake right?!

I guess they just wanted a fresh start and wiped the slate clean.

Attached: ey.gif (420x240, 386K)

I know that Cloud's VA had some dispute with Square Enix that caused him not not voice Cloud in Smash Bros. I think they probably just recast everyone so that they could sign them on for 3 games at a rate SE wanted to pay.

what about the japanese cast?

Didn't they already list the previous VAs as returning? What exactly is going on?

Barret sounds perfect. Like that is 10/10 casting. I love Beau but this new guy nailed Barret. New Cloud actually has emotion. Not to shit on Burton but he was hit or miss majority of the time and I will never forgive him for butchering Cloud’s scream at the end of Crisis Core

Attached: C5A5874A-D5AF-4533-A545-5610341E1101.jpg (1920x1080, 257K)

>no more Steve Blum as Vincent
This one will hurt the most. And George Newbern no longer being Sephiroth will hurt too but new guy sounds identical to Newbern

I’m guessing a union dispute?

Sounds the same to me honestly . Well Cloud at least sounds the same in Japanese

Probably because of all the Voice Actor Union wubwub, the old VAs would probably cost a lot more than what they are actually worth.

>Dubfags
Oh no no no no no no
Pfffhahahahaha

>Cloud NOT being voiced by /ourguy/
I wasn't interested because I was one of the few people that didn't want a remake, but now I am even LESS interested

Attached: Johnny_Yong_Bosch.png (640x640, 293K)

>No English cloud voice for Smash
>They were gonna replace him anyways
What the fuck Square

Attached: 1515584273398.gif (257x181, 104K)

>No Kirbofag or Rinachunk
Thank you Square

Wasn't Barrett supposed to be voiced by Jet from Cowboy Bebop?

Hopefully the up Tifa's tit size. The game looks good otherwise

Wait a minute, I thought Cloud wasn't dubbed in smash bros because only Steve Burdon was allowed to do his voice and only in official square enix games? If they tossed his ass out then could smash update 4.0 actually add in a dub voice for him?

Holy fuck JYB is asian?

>dubshitters
>voice consistency

ahhahaha

Wow I was so sure that Cloud was voiced by Steve Burton and he just got better at emoting. He sounds exactly the same. Maybe the differences will become more obvious without all the sound effects and trailer music.

How come Aephiroth is not voiced by that fag that does his voice in the KH games? Thought he was the voice for Seph now.

Barret's VA was the gay guy from Tiger and Bunny and he was the best character, so all's good so far. I was hoping that you'd be able to save Jesse and Biggs this time around but considering their actors are the only ones with real works to their names, they might be getting their moneys worth out of them and tossing them.

They replaced Tifa dissidia voice? But she was perfect for it. Cloud was also good.

Wait, didnt Steve Burton voice Cloud in NT dissidia? That was like last year.

I doubt it. All the new VAs are almost certainly SAG members, seeing as they're live-action actors.

Japan doesnt replace voice actors ever

Sephirot sounds exactly the same which is nice, the guy makes a good sephirot.

How fucking old are you? Didn't you watch Power Rangers as a kid?

>tyler hoechlin
What is is with SE casting Superman actors for Sephiroth?

Attached: more-photos-tyler-hoechlin-as-superman-696x464.jpg (1090x550, 111K)

I wonder how they'll handle this when it comes.

Lassie, shut yer gob

Attached: Cait_Sith_Portrait.jpg (758x635, 125K)

Saint seiya says hi

Because they want the dub to sound similar with the sub, except for Barret I guess

Based on the little we've heard, the new actors seem to be an improvement. I really enjoy the new Sephiroth voice. Though, I'll still probably play is subbed.

I am actually legit mad.

I seriously can’t fucking believe the first game is Midgar only.

>Not even getting Red XIII as a playable character this game.

They are gonna piecemeal it and nix the world map. I hate it. Who the fuck really thinks being in Midgar for 30 hours is a good idea?

>>Not even getting Red XIII as a playable character this game.
confirmed for zoomer who never actually played the game

Something tells me they'll just ditch the Mog. It hasn't been in any of the expanded material ever.

Is that actually confirmed? I thought they scrapped the whole episode thing, not like I care since Midgar is the only good part
>Not even getting Red XIII
Wasn't he right before the arc ends?

I don't agree with oh no hahahaha posting but I do agree dubs are bad.
I played the undub of Crisis Core and imported the Chinese release of FFXIII with JP audio and English subs. I'm hoping we get dual audio for this.

Yes it's confirmed. They're saying it'll probably need two blu ray discs but it'll be all Midgar.

>Wedge was Badger all along

Didn't he say he wasn't in the FF7 remake back in 2015?

They don't do union games. They tend to do low to mid budget non union stuff.

>voice actor not listed for Red XIII
>Red joins for ONE battle at the end of the Shinra tower (Near the end of the Remake).

Yeah, I’m a fucking zoomer - okay.

I’ve been in forums since 2001 talking about wanting a remake of this fucking game.

YOU ARE A KEK. YOU ARENT EVEN GETTING FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE.

YOU ARE GETTING A REIMAGINING OF THE FIRST TWO HOURS OF THE GAME FOR $70

DO YOU LIKE GETTING FUCKED IN THE ASS?

THANK GOD Square recasted the fat one. His original voice was beyond retarded
>You’re doing this for the planet same as us right?
God that delivery was awful and he sound like he need an inhaler

Attached: EC3CC0F4-0346-45DC-BCC9-6F0CFFE820F8.jpg (2048x1152, 293K)

>Yeah, I’m a fucking zoomer - okay.

Attached: 1329878614408.jpg (250x272, 15K)

youtube.com/watch?v=eVjwc1H7r74

>Playing with inferior English dub instead of world class Japanese voices with Takahiro Sakurai and Maaya Sakamoto

TOP KEK

>Teen wolf guy voices cloud
Wtf bros...

In what world is Midgar 2 hours?

Japanese cast is the same it has been for more than 10 years now, and that's what counts.

All of you salty over the cast changes for the English dub had it coming the moment you decided to commit to something that's not the original dub.

Not even a weeb. I would never enjoy an American game (or movie) in a language other than English, but the same goes for Japanese games, which this one is. Or any other language, really.

It's just about having the mindset of experiencing it the way the creators made it. The JP voice cast for the FF7 characters was hand picked by the guy who literally created these characters as far back as AC, and it has never changed since because he would not have it any other way.

Meanwhile, the English cast is just whatever the people at localization want it to be at a given time, they don't give a rat's ass about the original vision. That's why you end up with the current changes.

Always stick to the original version and you'll never be sorry.

Yes and to be honest , I like new Barret more. He captures the spirit of original Barret more than his original VA

I just played through and it’s 4 - and I spoke to all the side characters and leveled a bit. I’ve been playing the game since it was released.

2 hours was an exaggeration but really not far from the truth.

So cope, faggot. Enjoy Final Fantasty VII: Reimagining of the prologue for $70

>mouths match the different languages
neat

Did I miss something about Smash? Was Steve Burton in some sort of dispute which is why Cloud isn’t dubbed in Smash?

Attached: 1DF1319F-36ED-45A6-88ED-22BD0147502B.jpg (749x738, 90K)

I'm pretty sure it's still the same guy.

Dammit Barret and Marlene are fucking cute

They replaced ALL the VAs. Steve Burton has been the voice of Cloud for almost 20 years . George Newbern has voiced Sephiroth since Advent Children back in 2005. It’s strange that Square recasted them. I thought for sure they would voice them forever especially since both reprised their roles in Dissidia NT

Attached: 74395D9F-82CE-4A33-B0EE-D21026050166.jpg (1920x1080, 163K)

Well to be fair Cloud’s original VA is a daytime soap opera star

Attached: 6035EB91-026A-48DA-BE50-680DE9E93EC3.jpg (480x720, 38K)

Wasn't newbern in a few movies too?

>he plays in english

Not him, but iirc, Steve had a contract with Square to be the only dubbed voice Cloud could have, but then he became a union VA, which is why Smash couldn't bring him.

Dunno if FFVIIR is a non-union project tho.

He was and I think still is a soap opera guy though, he should have been in the actors guild from the start.