Fuck yeah...

Fuck yeah. All those people who kept saying "They're not remastering FF8 because it's a bad game" have officially been backed the fuck off. Turns out they were just saving the best for last.

Feels good that Square knows who the real king is.

Attached: final fantasy viii.jpg (850x510, 318K)

I feel like I got into the series with a bad first impression but I still fondly regard FF8 in spite of that.

It's difficult to play "correctly", though, thanks to leveling being mostly meaningless.

Yeah, man... yeah.

wasnt the issue that the prerender background were lost so couldnt be recover or something like that?

gonna buy it day1, though its kind of sad that all we got out of se pk was just remake, remaster etc.
nothing really new

Anyone saying that was a dumbass.
It had to do with the original source code.

I'm so happy though. Finally.

>backed the fuck off
Is this what newfags think btfo means?

>that face when he doesn't know
Shooting my helmet.

And they also lost the original Kingdom Hearts but that didn't stop 1.5

Lots of remasters of games I never played so I don't mind so much.

>my feel when user posts that face when without a face

>All those people who kept saying "They're not remastering FF8 because it's a bad game" have officially been backed the fuck off.
Of the 10 original FF games, FFVIII is 2nd to last to be remade.
It's so bad, it's an afterthought

But it's already on PC and PSstore. And it looks exactly the same. What is fucking remastered about it?

It's so good, they saved the best for last.

Wait what

Is this real

That only means FF9 is the worst of all by your logic.

i really doubt that especially when the most iconic fuckbois of the FF series are cloud, sephiroth and squall

Huh

Do you HAVE to play Triple Triad?

Wait, if this counts as a remake than the version of FFIX that's already on PC/Switch/Xbox/PS4 does too. They just didn't put Remaster in the title for some reason.

So I'm not sure what game he means. Every game other than VIII all the way up to XII has had some form of remake. Even XI.

Re-doing the pre-render backgrounds would not be hard at all. They can be done at much better quality and much quicker with today's technology. No more grainy jpegs.

It's re-doing 3D model stuff that is hard.

>do you HAVE to play the greatest mini-game of all time that's arguably better than the main game
No you faggot with irredeemably shit taste, you technically don't have to.

Bros, I'm so glad the series is complete on modern platforms. I'm still waiting for proper ports of the SNES games, but at least FF7-15 are available with fix mods on Steam in the near future.

I kind of doubt Square's going to go back and redo 3-6. It would be like admitting they made a mistake, and I've never known them for doing that. Surprised by no PC ports of 1 and 2 though.

>leveling
Grind with any character but Squall and the game will be fucking easy.

By that logic the port of FF8 on steam and PSstore is also a remaster and looks exactly the same as the one shown in the presentation. Seriously, what is the fucking point?

Here we talking about FF7 only as you can see.

Attached: f63.jpg (600x579, 39K)

I presume they're adding something new but I couldn't tell you what it is.

>ESL

Attached: out.jpg (488x488, 93K)

Some fan you turned out to be.

Attached: Qcfmr5dW.png (512x512, 362K)

It's entirely optional unless you want to get Squall's ultimate weapon on the first disk, in which case you're going to have to spend hours grinding a specific guy hoping for good RNG.

remaster quistis' tiddies 3.5x as big thanks

"Bad impressions"

HUGE understatement. Drawing system is tiresome and boring.

Oh, is the game only scaled to his level? I didn't realize that. I thought it was based on an average of your whole party.

When I first played this game as a kid I didn't realize that you were supposed to draw the question mark stuff so I missed an absolute fuckton of shit and eventually got stuck on some fight with Fujin and Raijin. But, apparently the game was easy enough that even a stupid kid could make it that far by just spamming the three starter GFs in every battle.

>redrop Asuka
Get the fuck off my website you fucking ironic weeb.

Take your AIDS and go elsewhere faggot, this place is not for you.

Attached: flyingfag.gif (250x140, 989K)

I thought the reason they kept skiping this remake was because they lost the files or something, not because the games was bad.
This was one of the things I hoped for the conference, but never expected to actually happen. I'm legit surprised.
But one thing. If they are going to redo all the in game models, obviously redo the pre rendered BGs they lost, why keep it 4:3?

is that the reason ff8 wasn't announced with ff7, 9, X and X-2?

Make me, bitch.

it's gonna be on the xbone finally

Because the in-game backgrounds are naturally 4:3. The models can be made to fit any background, but for financial reasons they are forced to make the backgrounds a different scale than the models- for trailer reasons.

Yeah I get the original BGs were 4:3, but I thought they lost the originals. So if they had to remake them all anyway, why not remake the new ones 16:9?

Oh no.

Do I STILL have to download that stupid squeemix launcher to play it? Do i get it at a discount if i own the one on steam already?