They kept the soul intact

They kept the soul intact.

Attached: FF7 remake characters.png (2191x1424, 2.24M)

After reflecting on it and seeing more designs from the trailer, I'm confident in the character designs for this remake.

We're going home, Tifabros

Attached: 1558392272655.png (750x1000, 1.05M)

Side chars' designs don't really "work" as hyper-realism. They aren't designed to look proper in that style.

>Cloud will have his Advent Children "dour jerkass" personality
>Aeris will have her Kingdom Hearts "innocent personified" personality
>Tifa won't call Barret a retard
>Cid won't be abusive to Shera
>Barret won't dress up like a Popeye sailor
>Red XIII won't dress up like a Shinra soldier
>Yuffie won't have unbuttoned short shorts
>More focus on the Turks
>Rufus won't die
>Palmer won't randomly get hit by a truck when you beat him
>Scarlet won't name the world's most powerful weapon the Sister Ray
>Don Corneo won't try to rape a 16 year-old
>Crisis Core people will show up in Cloud's flashbacks
>Hojo won't try to breed Red XIII and Aeris
>Dio won't be a muscular guy in a speedo
>No Barret date, probably no Yuffie date
>No Tifa/Scarlet girly slapfight
>No gay sauna scene
>Fewer wacky enemies
>Increased emphasis on Zack, his parents are no longer missable

Attached: download (1).jpg (820x620, 423K)

>FF7R
>Realism
It's still anime as hell though but instead of hyper cartoony design, Nomura went full seinen with this one.

Jessie is just some dipshits girlfriend face scanned now

OP's pic isn't anime.

THIS is anime

Attached: xenoblade 2.jpg (1280x720, 86K)

Holy shit Jessie and Biggs
Also Heidegger looks great

OP you should add Sephiroth to this, SE released his key art.

Why is wedge so handsome?

>>Crisis Core people will show up in Cloud's flashbacks

Attached: _sorrow1372348195168.jpg (840x700, 96K)

ok zoomer

Attached: 6434454.png (1434x680, 635K)

Kino.

Attached: ff7r.jpg (1280x720, 241K)

Biggs was a dude? I thought Biggs was a turbo dyke this whole time

Cloud looks really cute and that's all that matters desu

>some dipshits girlfriend face
you mean the character designer's wife's face?
you damn misinformed secondaries

I'd prefer gameplay footage, but okay.

Attached: FF7 remake characters.png (1826x1528, 1.87M)

You forgot
>Cloud won't crossdress and be deemed cuter than the heroines

I would kiss Biggs in the mouth, no homo

RIP all color in Heidegger's outfit.

Bet we'll see him in 3 hours.

Love this images set, especislly Yuffie looking in horror while the other two get gang fucked

It's the lighting, his jacket is still green and red with gold accents.

>Their ams are horrendous abominations
DROPPED

Side characters never having CG or anything larger than field models was more of a technical constraint than anything rather than a stylistic choice. It just wasn't feasible from a time or budget standpoint to make detailed or full size models for them especially with CGs which at the time took a lot of time and resources to create.

Also Jessie in particular actually had a more detailed model used for a single scene but I don't think it was ever seen from the back. Just looking at that model her remake design is extremely faithful to the original.

Attached: Jessie-ffvii-highres.png (221x326, 28K)

>I can't back any of this up because it's baseless speculation and I just want another Tortanic
Have fun

There's not one type of anime.

>but I don't think it was ever seen from the back
Meant to say from the front pretty sure you only see this model from behind.

No.

Damn Biggs looks like THAT

Attached: 1557777817243.jpg (892x910, 64K)

Yeah it's used in the train scene when she watches the Midgar model thing with Cloud

Nice!
Thanks OP.

>Aeris will have her Kingdom Hearts "innocent personified" personality
The part in the trailer where she is afraid and surrounded by ghosts and asks for Clouds help pretty much confirmed this.

>New Jessie is super cute
>Know she's going to die very early on
IT'S NOT FAIR

Attached: 1542766351793.gif (416x307, 2.58M)

This man i right.

>Increased emphasis on Zack, his parents are no longer missable
Not an issue.
>Rufus won't die
Only interesting twist to come out of AC.
You're right about everything else though.

It's faithful but the designs weren't meant for high detail, they were designed with the SD style in mind so it's rather jarring and bizarre to see the designs scaled up to higher detail rather than say going with a FF9 style "SD" design. That said of course Square Enix would never go that route for FF7R

Anyone else starting a new play through of the original? Just installed on my Vita; haven't played it since the original PC release in 97.

fuck

never played a single ff, but why is hot shots charlie sheen in the game?

>hyper-realism

It ruins my day when I realize there are people with brain activity this low

I did a bit ago, but I've played it a fuckload of times. Played it a little over a year ago too.

Color is light. If the lighting sucks so will the colors.

I'm not wrong

Attached: MV5BY2VkZGJiYWEtZDEyMy00MjJmLTljMGEtNjIwOGRkZGUzYTZmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjMxMDgyNzU@._V1_.jpg (1280x720, 73K)

>Rufus won't die
Of course he won't, he appears in Advent Children

why haven't they shown tifa yet?
i'm 10000% sure it's because they've gotten rid of her glorious tits and are trying to pull a bait and switch without letting the hype die this early on.
there's no other reason why they would show every other early game character and leave out tifa. her character design is going to be god awful SJW pandering horse shit.

I don't think you know what hyperrealism is either.

>why haven't they shown tifa yet?

Because they're saving her for E3. It doesn't take a lot of mental prowess to realize that.

I swear, for the last 20 years I thought Biggs was just an 80's action chick, like that latina from aliens

I like the Charlie Sheen looking dude.

she's going to look like a fucking stick like yuffie i just know it bros hold me i can't take the shallow but persistent pangs of disappointment after all these years

>the scene when you help jessie when her foot gets stuck
>romance is teased in the subway
>know what's gonna happen
>with that model

Attached: 1493648542293.jpg (236x214, 16K)

>whitewashed Barrett

um no sweetie

Probably just so Biggs has something to make him memorable.

>Every other character, even the guards and enemies, have faithful designs with some little changes that don't change much.
>Tifa is known to be super fucking popular even after 22 year

Even SE and Sony aren't going to be dumb enough to shoot themselves in the foot. She'll probably have slight changes in her design like many of the other characters, but you're going to get your big-titted martial artist in a tank-top.

he's the most japanese looking black man i've ever seen, it's pretty funny actually

Why does Sephiroth look like a literal Advent Children?

Heidegger is so fucking based.

>Be incompetent buffoon henchman
>Die when your own giant mech explodes
So based.

Attached: 1541649009292.jpg (626x726, 398K)

They all look like like have some Japanese blood. Which is fine. It's a Japanese game.

Sounds like a super weenie game, user.

>WHERE'S SEPHIROTH'S THEME SONG???? WILL THEY PLAY THE ONE WINGED ANGEL THEME??

Attached: uravrgcnsmr.png (644x800, 15K)

Chad vs virgin

>the most interesting part to flesh out would be Shinra shit, Corel, Wutai, Cosmo Canyon
>they are going to flesh out all the homoerotic non-canon cutscenes in Crisis Core

Attached: 1560113710871.jpg (399x400, 13K)

this. but unironically

Attached: 56805780546.jpg (400x400, 19K)

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for that. But they'll fan service it by playing it every time he shows up

>made cloud look like a twink fuckboy
>m-muh soul...
fucking kek you faggots will eat up anything square shits in your mouth

Attached: top kekeekeke.jpg (583x438, 49K)

the most interesting part to flesh out would be Costa Del Sol beach

Wasn't he, though? Apparently he looked really cute in a dress and makeup.

Brainlets don't understand he isn't going to be some beefcake if he passed enough to look like a pretty girl.

That soldier's forearm is uncanny

WARNING: SOUL OVERLOAD

Attached: ut6ptrgspg331.png (546x618, 355K)

Yes

>hating on crisis core
the ending of crisis core is the most kino thing SE has ever done

>In the original it's a guy who gets caught unawares and killed by a couple of guys. That's what happens in life.
>In Crisis Core he has an anime fight with a hundred soldiers and kills them all, but still has time for some last words before succumbing to his injuries

>The second one is better

Weeaboos were a mistake.

>The combat is literally KH3 except jumping is a fucking automated context attack for airborne enemies

Holy shit how could they fuck up so bad?

Attached: XDedede2.png (380x350, 295K)

Will we see hell house tonight?

>that's what happens in life
>story about supersoldiers genetically modified by alien DNA to be unkillable demigods
>reddit spacing
makes sense. it's not just that. it's that the battle system starts to break down as you get closer and closer to death. it was a fantastic addition to further emphasize how hopeless it all is

Attached: here.png (926x1300, 1.1M)

EH, Barret's and redesign are pointles, and Aerith's gook idol look is terrible.
Otherwise, yeah, aesthetically the game it's pretty faithful and looks great.
My biggest dissapointment is how terribly the scenes and dialogues are being directed and animated, a common problem in 3D JRPGs and anime. For all the money SE got they could get actual narrative directors, not like they need it seeing how people are OK with Advent Children and Crisis Core (or FFX and even XIII), though, but still if you do an AAA remake for such a beloved game, you must put all the effort possible.

>reddit spacing

I've used the internet for a long time, you're not gonna get me with that one. The other two things work better to support your argument, but I still don't think there's anything wrong with adding a bit of life to fantasy.

*And Heidegger's redesign*

>Being so mad at facts that you can't come up with a retort
That's how they described the game. How could you defend such trash?

Explain to me how you think the battle system works so I can get a good laugh.

It's fascinating because Square games have had instances of good directing, like the FMVs for VIII and IX or the in-engine cutscenes for XII.

>(You) for something that's factually true
Of course a redditor like you just assumes it's a downvote

life in fantasy is fine within context of something that actually supports it, but you're talking about a series that is known for being as bombastic and unrealistic as possible. even when you consider ff7 as something as a step to realism in comparison to older final fantasies, the story is still fucking outrageous. it's fine because it's ultimately an opinion, but i think it's silly to add realistic results to a world that has magic rocks capable of summoning gods, living biomechanical weapons that defend the planet, and a final boss that literally turns into an angel that casts a spell that results in the destruction of a solar system. it just feels jarring, but i can see other people who might find that characteristic something to appreciate.

HOW WILL THEY IMPLEMENT THE ICONIC RANDOM BATTLE WITH EVERY OTHER STEP

They turned Biggs into a total Chad. I bet he pounds Jessie's ass every night.

I don't think you understand me. I'm not trying to call FF VII realistic. I'm just saying that I like the older version better because a bit of realism can be nice. Though it was likely done because of technical limitations, they probably would've done anime bullshit at the time if they could've.

It adds unnecessary crap to the story.

>T-That's not how the combat works!!
Lmao. Remember everything I post was directly stated by Square Enix after the concert
>Square and triangle are your light and heavy attacks. They have slow pre-made combos for you to mash. You cannot mix them akin to traditional action game combo systems
>Attacking builds limit, but barely anything for damage
>Your goal is to spam attacks to build limit because that's the only way to do any real damage
>You cannot jump. You just auto-jump and attack when you press square or triangle near an airborne foe
Like seriously it's yet another shallow ass attempt at "sort of action game but still kinda turn based" trash that the series has been doing for a decade

Attached: XD.png (1309x738, 1.1M)

I'd say XII has the best scenes of their games yeah, but suffered from A LOT of sighing, seriously almost every single scene has several characters looking tired at nothing and sighing, it's terrible.
The british dub REALLY helped, though, it was great.
I can't understand why SE didn't continue using english drama actors, FFXIII and XV dub is much worse in comparison, and sure as hell I'm not playing VIIR with the embarrassing american dub they've shown in the trailers either.
I guess theater actors are much more expensive.

>Love this images set, especislly Yuffie looking in horror while the other two get gang fucked
Go on...

Remember when Cloud wasn't an edgelord and he had character?

>that "LE SIGH...... I HATE MY LIFE" Cloud design
>soul
I've literally only played about an hour of FF7 and I still know enough to know that it isn't soul.

we already played ff7, who gives a fuck, they should definitely add something

Hopefully they show Professor Chadjo in all his glory. But this time with six girls hanging off him.

hasn't played enough to comment on clouds personality still comments

cloud basically hated his life and was emo as fuck

Will we finally have a new definitive Tifa?

Attached: 897c2b27ac5fa8b4ca933d7fb3654d9e.jpg (310x465, 23K)

Wow I can't believe Mr. Square Enix told you all this personally. You must be a really important avatarfag.

Ok that's why I've seen an astounding number of people say for years now that Advent Children made a complete flanderization of his character

But no no user you're the one who is right, i'm sure.

Cloud didn't hate his life.

>Hojo won't try to breed Red XIII and Aeris

Attached: tumblr_mjnrq0fPyQ1qizbpto1_1280.jpg (1000x1377, 561K)

I know they wanted to show that Hojo was insane but come on. Did he really think that Red XIII could impregnate a Cetra?

lol, this reads like some poor attempt at "hello my fellow teenagers", said by some Square employee that knows the game is fucked.

I hope they keep in all of the weird shit.

Attached: 1518718254141.jpg (800x652, 352K)

The soul...

Attached: 1492273343924.png (2102x1116, 2.51M)

FUCKING WHEN

Attached: 53448565_p5.png (1086x869, 430K)

Soon

Attached: __yuffie_kisaragi_final_fantasy_vii_and_etc_drawn_by_shinji85__d274c7e69e693f2491e8966b429ca4ac.jpg (2044x2044, 594K)

They won't show off Yuffie this trailer, they need to save something for later.

Attached: 1459830532153.png (606x1200, 314K)

Would it still be about corporations being scum and environmentalism?

I don't want to wait, though...

Attached: __yuffie_kisaragi_final_fantasy_vii_and_etc_drawn_by_sin__6d084883e8b9962298976c230ed763d8.jpg (1000x1415, 1.25M)

I can't even lie, they look pretty good as far as race-swapping goes
faithful to the original attitudes and body shapes and hairstyles and stuff
and white barret looks cool and is a nice touch
7/10 would play nig fantasy 7

Have to save the best til last.

all I can see is the smelly hair that they'll never wash. sorry. white barret is cool, at least

You're posting this to be funny, but it's kinda rad.

when

Attached: Scarlet-ffvii-field.png (89x264, 16K)

>Not calling it "Final Niggasy 7"

HEY IS THAT FAT KEVIN

Attached: fat kevin.png (600x600, 58K)

So, Cid?

Attached: 1517900883845.jpg (1000x953, 129K)

Why do the soldiers were a three eyed helmet?

You're !@#$%&+? right.

Why does Sam Fisher have three eyed goggles?

Attached: 5683358-splinter_cell_sam_fisher_by_designer356-d7g8ij2.jpg (743x1075, 217K)

They really fucked my boy Wedge. Goes from cringe voice-cracking to dropping his balls seconds later in the trailer.

Damn, Yuffie looks surprisingly great in Tifa's clothes.

>gameplay
shame they didn't kept the gameplay intact.

or so you thought

>square tries to put in cross dressing scene
>sony censors it
ladies and gentlemen, i would like to announce that we are IN FACT in the WORST timeline

Wedge was always a fat pratt though. Whats changed is Biggs being a goddamn chad like holy fuck, i'm not even gay and I wanna suck that guys dick

Yes

Attached: 1524328047067.jpg (713x900, 104K)

>No Tifa/Scarlet girly slapfight
That was always dumb, it should've started as a slapfight and ended with Tifa beating the absolute living shit out of Scarlett, just planting her boot in her stomach over and over

That's the fucking joke.

Attached: 1482512232752.jpg (500x354, 88K)

Attached: __tifa_lockhart_and_yuffie_kisaragi_final_fantasy_vii_and_etc_drawn_by_kuzumin__9d2798ca61514083e570 (1200x1600, 124K)

kekked. I thought the exact same thing. why do they all smell, bros?

Yuffie always looks great.

Thought the exact same thing.

It's not even fair. How is Tifa supposed to compete with this?

this is definitely a Will/Jaden Smith joint

I SEE NIPPLE

She can't.

Attached: __yuffie_kisaragi_final_fantasy_and_final_fantasy_vii_drawn_by_774_no_p__3e2ffc08938760823e6e93afc6a (640x960, 116K)