Why are they pushing "game streaming"?

Why are they pushing "game streaming"?

Attached: The future.png (700x872, 522K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7WwiMU2l9j8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

to save you money.

It's the future.

because it's more profitable and a larger market. you don't actually own anything, and they make money whether you play or not.

Money

People pay a lot more for subscription services than other types of media. It also makes revenue incredibly consistent, because the customer pays regardless of the quality or volume of product each subscription period.

because investors love that shit

It's more profitable in that they are able to stealth-charge you full price for old games. Plus, it gets you to spend far more on games without realizing it (since monthly payments are incremental).

There's too fucking many subscription services.

Imagine what shits gonna be like in 5 to 10 years.

Just another way to eliminate all control consumers have over anything.

To stop pirating probably

(((they))) want to abolish ownership for consumers, that's why they push for SaaS and streaming so much

Didn't people already go back to pirating movies becasue they don't want 6 movie subscriptions?

It's much cheaper and easier for them to sell games.
Not that you actually own what you buy from them.

this
/thread

What's the difference between these the Steam one, and PS4 remote play?

Someone should really make a chart

>Pay for your superfast fibre broadband so you can stream
>Pay for your Stadia Pro so you can get decent looking streams
>Pay for your UPlay+ so you can have some games
A fucking PC would be cheaper within a few months.

so you cant own the game, you rely on them. monthly fee just to keep your library, no ability for 2nd hand sales, gee yay

>subscription services with preorder bonuses and microtransactions with a season pass

Attached: 1282366764398.jpg (248x252, 11K)

>the steam one
What?

They're greedy

they’re pushing everything streaming
get used to not owning anything

I think he's classing the Steam Link, Remote Play and the Wii U Tablet as "streaming".

Steam in home streaming, and also Steam Link

you don't own shit, that's one of the biggest reason i can think about , they can take your games away in a blink of an eye without a reason. also:
>you can't mode them
>if you say NIGGER they can take your games away
>you don't own them
>if the license is gone, the game can also be gone from the store
>you can't keep them
>always online
>you rely on them
etc

Attached: ann1lr3L_700w_0.jpg (700x697, 48K)

Because Google is trying to invade and kill off consoles. Thus, all the console makers and devs respond with their own product that is far superior.

To fully encompass the consumer in a games as a service environment where you actually never own your media and have no digital consumer rights. You just rent access. Things like Stadia Base while claiming free 1080p are going to come with a real world cost like ads and other inescapable stuff. I don't want the botnet in my home.

Streaming is the future. Discs are for retards.

Movies AND TV shows. Watching-media piracy is at an all time high.

And they wonder why piracy is on the rise again.

Because there's a fuckton of money there

After seeing Stadia, they decided to do the same for easy money. Though they'll just die in a few years after everyone sees how shit the services are.

Which is it?

in the future no one owns anything. u just keep paying subscription fees forever to breath oxygen

Game Streaming is the next counter to piracy.

You can't pirate the game if you don't actually play the game from your computer.

They will start making it too expensive to buy a graphics card so that you'll never even having a sense of owning your games.

Stadia is filling the hole that killing flash games left behind but even better.

Games that are only available for streaming would be nearly impossible to pirate outside someone leaking the game.

Doesn't matter. It won't catch on.

Save themselves money . Consoles are expensive

Attached: 1555358827528.png (1024x1024, 737K)

These are all accurate.

Attached: IsekaiQuartet-Episode1-1.jpg (1280x720, 491K)

Corporations want to eliminate the concept of private ownership. Publishers and game companies will make more money in the long run if people pay subscription fees as opposed to individual purchases for games.

I like that you can stream directly from your console with xcloud. Cool feature. The next step would be to let your PC do the same over the internet without cheesing it like you can now with chrome remote desktop or Steam in home streaming + vpn

Because gaming is dead.

This is.. unironically CUTE.
Petite queen.

Literally "MUH PIRACY". Corporate dimwits think that making everything online can deter the pirate boogeyman.

A 60$ rental service with 10$monthly subscription. Just think of the billions.

It circumvents piracy...for now

It's pretty depressing, everything is digital, you own nothing. I'll stick to actually buying games myself you corporate kike scumbags

>being able to play games in a browser won't catch on
>being able to go from watching a trailer/letsplay to playing the game in 10sec won't catch on

Attached: 1549715098662.gif (272x480, 2.53M)

This is unironically the future of video games.
What scares me most is that the Hulu model of ads will probably win out, and that these dev-specific services will probably start making exclusive content for their services.
Want to play AssCreed 2025? Well, you can, for only $20 a month. Want to play it without ads interrupting gameplay every ten minutes? Only $35 a month!

I sure hope so, I'm starting to get worried. With only Google STD, I could comfortably write it off but now with each console shit, comes with streaming shit too. There's gonna be enough console retards who go "yeah, i'll give it a go" who end up pretending to like it enough to not stop using it.

this plus the added benefit that it kills any need for expensive DRM

they don't want you to own the product or to play it in any other way other than what they want you to

>or to play it in any other way other than what they want you to
Bethesda will have the last laugh with paid mods.

Wouldn't this just increase piracy? Why would you pay to play a game and not own a copy of it digitally or physically?

you really think it won't catch on when the average person is a complete fucking retard? everyone here can agree that mobile gaming is a fucking farce, but the average person eats that shit up like candy

Because actually transferring ownership when you sell is a product is so 20th century. Not to mention all those pesky regulations and consumer rights attached to such a transaction.

Attached: you dont own.jpg (500x500, 45K)

because GAMES AS A SERVICE IS FRAUD
youtube.com/watch?v=7WwiMU2l9j8

Attached: angryreacjoinsthebattle.png (876x960, 810K)

This, people who are bullish on Nvidia are idiots its going to die unless it can get on some streaming servers people want.

holy fuck that is disturbing

By that time I hope we've got a ROM dump for every old system known to man

No one would have access to the game files in order to write a crack for it. Someone would have to internally leak the game, and you can bet your ass those publishers are going to unleash the blood hounds until they lynch the leaker.

When I first saw the stadia thing I thought there was no way it would catch on, it felt like a high tier scam.

Will normalfags really fall for this?

you cant pirate anything if you dont give the pirates any data to work with

this. Why sell something once and let the consumer own it when you can sell it to them infinitely and not let them own it?

Most revenue comes from MTX and software sales, not hardware sales
So you want to expand the number of people who have access to the hardware so they can buy the software and MTX
This to.
If you look at peak concurrent player base in any region, it’s out paced by a wide margin by the number of systems sold in that region.
So why not just cut out the middle man, have 50% more available systems for streaming than there are ever concurrent players and save billions in the long run

When it's pushed on them by everyone and when streaming services in other media already made the familiar with the concept? Oh it's coming baby and it won't just be normalfags.

>won't catch on
>will kill piracy
>subscriptions
>bourgeois conceptions of "ownership"
you lot are retarded
the only meaningful question about Stadia is how terrifying the games for girls are going to be in photorealistic 4k

Attached: 1511691764720.png (1080x1920, 1.38M)

So you don't own anything, but still pay.

>will normalfags fall for obvious scams
you know the answer

they will
you can make people fall for anything with enough marketing

Because they can make more money from you in the long game.

What's weird is that companies look at the number of subscribers to Netflix but don't notice that Netflix is billions of dollars in debt

Attached: DtcZEKHUUAAkM2l.jpg (577x675, 32K)

They are going to have movie tie-in games where you literally play a portion of the movie as a game

Data speeds will never catch up to proper local controller speeds. I know people who don't mind playing smash online with a half a second delay. So yes, I'm sure there are some retards who would love this. However, a core gamer wouldn't want this, which is a long term investment. Core gamers stick around. This shit is a fad.

HAHA PENIESSSSSSSS
PPEEEEEEPEEPEEEEEEE
PEEEEPEPEPEPEPEPEPEEPE
PEENEIEIEEISSSSSISISSSSS
I LOVE PEEEPPEEEPEPEPEPEe
PEEEPEEEP ON WOMMAMAMA
MAAMAMAAMAMAAMA
PEEPENPEEISNISSISISSSS

Attached: toofar.jpg (558x614, 15K)

Well the games aren’t part of the subscription plan, you purchase them separately like any other platform, and even if you want to stop paying $10 a month, you still get to play your games at 1080p 60FPS for free. The games aren’t the service the platform is.

Your average normalfag won't have a dedicated ISP at home. Guaranteed they will drop it when they see their phone bills go through the roof trying to stream through their iphones.

to make PC the cheapest of the gaming platforms

Less production cost, cheaper system manufacture price.

It's all to save money.

Not until there's a Netflix for games model. The current Stadia is literally just a storefront minus a PC.

This

>saves them money because you're simply streaming shit
>larger market because play anywhere
>you don't own anything because nothing is installed (which means lol goodbye emulation, goodbye mods that they don't want)
>they make money via subscriptions
AND
>they get much control over your ass, nigga! (no more sex and loli mods for you, incel!)

To bring a new Video game crash.

>video game companies
>having any sort of long-term thinking at all
lol

They want to kill games

Attached: SnjD5MY_d.jpg (640x360, 13K)

They want you to rent games rather then own them.
That's it.
It's not cheaper on your end because you're paying extra for everything and you can't buy a depreciating product.
It's all money for them because someone who would have never bought the game otherwise is a permanent stream of revenue and will pay MORE then they would if they had just gotten it second or third hand.

It's the soft version of what Microsoft and Sony tried to do during the beginning of the generation.
End the ability for people to share and rent and trade games.
To completely take true ownership away from people who purchase a product.

Which is in every way 100% illegal and can be fought in court. There is a youtube video that talks about this. but I'll be damned if I can remember the name of it or the maker of said video.

1) most games dont require precision inputs.
2) this is fucking google. they've probably already made AI brain clones of each and every one of us so that it can predict our inputs before we even make them.

So you wont own anything

Alternatively, since this is google, it'll be abandoned in two years, tops. They've gone through 3 or 4 videoconferencing programs in the past 5 years.

>most games dont require precision inputs.
Except they fucking do, you fuck.

Attached: 1520253807734.png (245x212, 44K)

montly services > one time purchases
pay up goyim your gaming bill is due

Attached: 1560147811708.gif (176x172, 1.86M)

games that require precision inputs: 80s platformers, 90s shooters.
and that's it.

I bet these faggots will start deleting your save games possibly even the whole account stored in the "cloud" when you stop paying your sub after a certain time lets say 24 months of inactivity to "free up resources"

Enjoy never replaying any older games released on these cancer streaming platforms

Normies have permanently destroyed video games.

>will retards really do retarded shit?
Hmmmm.

So they can charge you 9.99 a month and you never really own any games and then over the years increase the costs so that by 2030 charging gamers 50 a month for indie low budget shit is the norm, and they can add premium games that you buy to stream that are not included in the streaming subscription costs.

Plus games with any sort of timed license like music/cars/planes are already being removed from virtual storefronts after the license expires and your only option is to buy used/pirate

That practically kills all these older games when we go full streaming

SWIM does that with videogames too now that there are like 10 storefronts, instead of just buying them on steam/gog

that is true... but sadly there are already enough good games on the market to hold gamers' attention for 50 more years. Just think about the following: there are still old fags that play heroes 3 and sc1. If new age games suck dick, they will only get the normie market.

>There will be a generation of gamers that have never played on lag-free CRT displays
>There will be a generation of gamers that have never had an offline console
>There will be a generation of gamers that have never owned physical media
You are here.
>There will be a generation of gamers that have never owned a game
>There will be a generation of gamers that have never played a game without in-game native advertisement

Attached: 1555739952758.jpg (400x400, 55K)

To kill the used game market.

Exactly and it's not even cheaper, I don't see why normies are falling for this.
A PS4's rrp is $300 while the STD is $10 a month. After 30 months you at least still own the PS4 and Sony's not going to take it away from you.

we both know that when this shit goes out, rettards that try it will whine that it is shit and thy have to play money to play what they own.

Am I the only one who sees this as being worse then it seems? If this shit becomes popular, imagine other forms of software following suit - for example, not actually having an operating system installed on a hard drive, but streamed to you from the companies servers. Everything gets moved to the cloud, and your hard drive just becomes a place to store temporary files and saved settings.

You only have a phone in the future anyways.
And when internet connection dies like it always does you cant even boot up your phone.

>imagine other forms of software following suit
I don't think they have a reason to do it. The game industry can save lots of money. The only reason I can think of is too stop piracy but piracy has been dying out.

Profit and power. There's lower overhead in streaming because there's fewer physical items to produce and ship. It's also the most effective DRM, if the game data is just held on a company server and never released to the public, it would be pretty hard to pirate it. It is also something the user has no control over and the company has total control over. When you buy a physical game or download a game, as long as it still works and it's not tied a central server, you can play it forever. With streaming and games tied to a central server, the company has power over what you play, they can abruptly decide you can't play certain games. Major corporations and elites love having power over everybody else.

Just wait until they plant that chip in your head user.

This.

And then your conscioueness will be streamed into your brain!

only terrorists and perverts need offline non cloud storage.

More than likely this.

They'll be able avoid time constraints altogether and have a reason to constantly keep games in development hell without actually having to finish them.

We're in the Endgame now.

this.

(((they))) dont want you to own anything.

Yes, look at Adobe, Office365, Netflix etc.

Famous last words.
People have replicated entire MMOs back-ends.
People have made clone-games plenty of times.

This WILL be a lot harder since it'll be purely based off visuals, but it could be done.
That's if it is purely visuals, I haven't looked in to whether they do or don't do some game calculations on the client-end and only do the heavy lifting on server-side like what was planned for Xbone. Anyone know for sure?
If it IS purely visual streaming, you can bet a fuckload of tools will be developed to rip game content from said visuals.
Machine learning is already massively improving each year. It's at a level where it can replicate scenes pretty well. It can't understand them, but it can damn well replicate them if trained properly.

To shill 5G and give you cancer

Ross of the Game Dungeon tried to warn us...

BUT WE DIDN'T LISTEN!!

Sorry but in what fucking circumstance would you be playing a game like this?

Reduce costs, keep prices

CRTs were too lowres grainy and hot, dont miss em.

consoles? don't miss em.

physical media... sure as fuck don't miss that expensive scratched up bullshit.

"""owned""" your library of physical media does not entitle you to ownership in the capitalist state.

lol grandpa chill out, this aint like your tv channels.... we block ads now and forever into eternity. i dont miss ads at all.

you all niggas don't remember OnLive because you fucks weren't even born then you faggots

Stadya= personal twitch stream for a game
steam = game saved on your system and being able to config / mod it

TACHYONS

Streaming is the VR of next generation and will die with a whimper.

>you don't actually own anything
I wonder what is the psychology behind this.
Maybe when you don't own anything you are more likely to spend more? Is it simply the physical aspect that the things you buy no longer take up space?

you cant mod, you cant own, you cant do anything. fuck it, do not buy into it

It doesn't matter how much they push, because they can't get over the hurdle of input lag. Game streaming is impossible. Literally can't be done properly.

>>There will be a generation of gamers that have never owned a game
You don't own software, you never did.

Yes we did you stupid cockgobbler, but even Adobe is now trying to criminalize people who use older version of their programs claiming that is illegal. Not like you know better you brainless underage.

Attached: 1498852738022.jpg (472x536, 37K)

they want you to subscribe for a more steady (and higher) financial income on their part

they want to lure you in their own environment, just like the separate launchers

they think it's the inevitable future and the biggest baddest first real service will be home homebase for most users just lioe steam was the first major pioneer with launchers, the other companies don't want to come in second again in this 'new market'.

and finally you don't own shit so no piracy, loaning copies, mods.

Post the fucking EULA of the game you are claiming you own.

>I don't think they have a reason to do it
The government would LOVE being able to look at all your files if it's stored on some companies server instead of your hard drive (effectively making it their property, not yours, so a lot easier to access). The company themselves would love having you store all of your files on their servers, because it makes it easier to sell your personal data to other companies, make sure your not committing any wrongthink, have less retards complaining about losing files from dying hard drives or an unexpected power surge, make sure people aren't reverse engineering any of their software, etc. Really only free software wouldn't be streamed but really only because it's cheaper to not have to stream everything from a server.

>There will come a time where offline reliable software becomes an heirloom

Attached: 91jJl98suGL.jpg (1665x2560, 687K)

we've been told it's the future for years

shit or get off the pot

Not him and I'm not one of those physical-only fags, but there is literally nothing a company can do to stop me from playing my physical copies of games.

More control from big companies ,makes people think they have more while in reality they dont own nothing,basically jews on it again.
And they are going to win again.

Based 5GCancer poster

But xbox is letting you use your console as a server

They want complete DRM forever, and signing up with them will also get you hot jarred as part of the deal so they can use your data to streamline and pinpoint target their micro payment prompts and ads

>Game releases on GOG
>lmao it's 2019 do you seriously expect me to not just pirate?
>Game has some shape of DRM
>Wtf this goes against my gamer right, I WILL RISE UP

Chill, just admit you're a spic instead of making up stories.

>why does a company want to extract $15 from you every month for life and not have to provide you with anything

Gee user i just don't know.

Attached: 2005.jpg (200x200, 15K)

I smell a lot of defeatist shills in this thread.

It will work as a alternative to owning a console, but due to the fact input lag and the compression tends to be a bit of a deal breaker, I doubt it will replace digital downloads.

can't pirate the games I guess

HIlariously the whole 5g cancer scare thing is basically null and void for "5g", aka not 5g at all, just some souped up 4g.
Proper 5g isn't feasible without either a metric FUCKLOAD of recievers for it or stupid levels of live-environment testing, which wastes bandwidth and increases radio interference.
Pre-tested 5g beamforming isn't even remotely possible since there is no such thing as a uniform city. Not even New York.
Then you are dealing with averages, and averages are very wasteful.
Beamforming is a pipe dream at the moment.

However, whenever it does come, it can and will increase health issues.
EM doesn't need to be ionizing to cause a reaction.
See IR heaters. Put your hand in front of a theatre light and see how long you can hold it there. Hell, put your hand immediately below an incandescent light and see how long you can keep it there.
Heat transfer isn't as dangerous as ionizing radiation, but it can still interfere.
5g beamforming is just at the energy densities where it can become an issue if multples overlay.
In places like cities where they would need to be fucking everywhere, this is a very real scenario.
Peoples hands can get burned by putting them in front of comms satellite dishes and the like.
Shits no joke.
How varying chronic increases in heat will affect the brain long term is up in the air.
Temperature gradients in the body have been known to cause strokes, but those gradients also need to be pretty wide as well, as in freezing conditions and retarded enough to put your hands towards a fire and gaining yourself a nice little blood clot heading to your brain.
It will very likely not be that high unless you lived right next to a repeater.

because you don't own anything, you have 0 control over updates, it makes modding or any sort of file tampering impossible. eventually they'll start releasing cloud/stream-only titles that are completely unpiratable because the end user never sees the actual game files so there's no executable to reverse engineer, no assets to rip, plus it removes the barrier to entry that is having to own a gaming pc or console.

Well, good thing other platforms still exist. No one would be stupid enough to make their games exclusive to this, right?

Why not pay $15 whenever you want to play a new game then cancel your plan? I mean, you can finish any new game within a month. That saves you on buying a new console, paying for online play on consoles, and buying a new game.

So basically gaming for everyone but games for no one?

The time is already now; non-brainlets are hoarding their adobe creative suites.

Attached: raf,750x1000,075,t,101010_01c5ca27c6.u2.jpg (750x1000, 239K)

its the (((future))) or at least they want it to be

>you dont own your games
>they data mine you
>no modding
>no piracy

It's as Orwell wrote:

>"He who controls the game streaming, controls the gamers. He who controls the gamers controls the society, the one we live in".

What

Attached: 712xN2x.gif (270x217, 1.98M)

daily reminder that it is your duty and moral obligation as a chinese manicure afficionado to boycott this bullshit trend and never EVER let them see a single cent of your money

Have any of these people even addressed input lag? Seems unsolvable to me unless this starlink internet works and really offers 20-30ms across the globe.

This, it's literally Steam 2.0 and retards will eat it up just like they did with Steam.

They don't want you to own anything. Why do you think entertainment corporations are acting like communism is hip?

Attached: 1556316042287.png (1167x1312, 1.44M)

>SWIM

Haven't seen that in a while.

Because they know Xbone Scarlett and PS5 will be bottlenecked right out of the gate, just like last time.

time to use the neutrinos than.

>Zoomers never experienced their parents sharing their old consoles and having a bonding experience cause their parents only rented or streamed
>The Zoomers will do the same to their kids
>Zoomers will spend their later years beating themselves up for not buying physical so they can relive their memories

Attached: 1552703347612.gif (834x870, 327K)

>He doesn't visit seedy underground drug forums

All they want is the normalfag market

You have to go back, faggots.
You don't own the gold masters or the source code, but you own a copy of the product sold. It's not that fucking difficult to understand, and even these corporations understand that their EULAs don't hold weight in the courts.

Truly we live in a society.

I do occasionally to read about LSD. Seems like a fun drug, but I'll never find 12 hours I can have to myself.

Given that I posses a saved copy of the cracked game that there is no realistic way to remove from my possession I do effectively own it you moron.

the majority of people who play video games are so bad at them that the input lag doesn't matter at all
that's their target audience

Gonna be honest, I’m glad physical media will be out the door soon. I haven’t bought a physical game in 5 years.

"the next Netflix"

Just think, someone actually took the time to make this image

tl;dr some super spergo will meticulously replicate an entire game purely from video if it comes to it.
And / or use software to help them.

either this streaming shit dies immediately and is dropped by normgroids and the stadia becomes the next ouya or the next crash is going to happen.
you thought it couldn't possibly get worse. from microtrannies and lootboxes to season passes and day one DLC, every game being a moba or BR, niggers and trannies being pushed in every game, mobile shit and literal movies with zero gameplay.
hopefully western games die before the FANG judeocorporations can turn it into another medium for creating a consumerist slave class.

Force you to spend more money on faster internet
FUCK COMCAST

Have you ever replayed a game released over 7 years ago? You better not have.

Modern man would sell his own family for convenience and security. You all should be ashamed. Swindled again like the goyim you are. Disappointing, but I guess you have to fork over shekels for a new battle royal, moba game, fps, whatever the new trend is. Consumerism is an awful thing

No mods, no piracy, no being occupied with old games, less competition, keep code and control of product from consumer as much as possible

Don't worry user soon you'll be able to give them the finger and give your connection fee to Elon Musk to make cool rockets desu.

Attached: Seethe.jpg (1508x835, 59K)

>CRTs were too lowres grainy and hot, dont miss em.

jesus how poor where you?
My last CRT was a FW900 which had a max resolution of 2304 x 1440 @ 80Hz and was released in 2002.

Nice triples

Attached: 1560201909282.png (840x700, 708K)

Can't wait user, fuck my ISP.

Thanks fren

Attached: 1560186688488.jpg (1036x1536, 145K)

Is Orion a service? I thought it was something like netcode specific for streaming.

People buy consoles every year just to play annual sports games. Over the year a console+1 game is still cheaper than renting via streaming.

>$180 to rent-a-life
>used xbone $100-160 + game
>no latency
>no online required
>you own it

Attached: 1371225655994.png (1000x1000, 298K)

but this is already happening, there is no hope

Attached: 1553990927048.png (635x661, 222K)

>no latency
you should have written no streaming latency, since you always have latency that is determined by your hardware.

Streaming services just make it worse, as there is local (hardware latency) + the latency you have from the internet connection.

Thats the reason why gaming streaming service never will work, unless they have a data center right next to you where you have a ping with sub 10ms.

Same reason Spotify and Netflix are a thing. People would rather pay a low amount of money a month for lots of content rather than a one time (often pricey) payment for one thing.

>nobody is in danger
What about the ripple effect?

It's cheaper

It guarantees always online for every game, removes your ability to mod the games, severely hinders the ability for games to be pirated or reverse engineered, allows them to update the game at their leisure regardless of the user's preference, makes it way easier to study your habits and sell your info to advertisers, allows them to better optmize the drip feed of hyperconsumerist slop presented to you for the maximum amount of money you'll be willing to pay compared to the lowest amount of effort you'll pay for and trailing offffff finto an endless rant of pain and angerrrrrrr

Steam games actually install on your computer and can be played offline.

Yep.
Prepare your booties anons, because this shit is gonna kill consoles.

Why does everything have to keep getting worse and worse?

Attached: xcc.png (700x819, 318K)

Collect more Data

imagine knowing every single thing someone does in game, even single player games

They can predict behavior off it + huge database of info for AI

And you know what is the worst?
They will take your most precious thing, your constitutional right, the right of SAYING THE N-WORD

>user has no idea how data is collected
see name

People are also forgetting that the games are not included with Stadias $10 subsciption fee. So people would still have to spend the 60 odd $'s in addition to $10 a month.

>cannot resell or share games so all purchases have to go to the distributor for every instance of a game
>impossible to pirate games as all games are locked away on their servers and you only get video feeds
>end user cannot modify or extract contents from the game in any way and all content is completely controlled by the developers
>the lifespan of games can be explicitly controlled so they can discontinue games and force people to play new versions or sequels
>updates and distribution is much easier as adding content or updating a game only has to go to the distributors instead of every individual who owns the game
This is very appealing to companies and terrible for consumers. While there are a few advantages, this means that sharing and preservation will be impossible for any stream service exclusives; games will be gone forever when they feel like it, cannot be played whenever there is server downtime or if the service dies, you cannot create or use any mods, and if a game is butchered or ruined by mass updates it will be impossible for anyone to go back to older versions or host servers for them (see World of Warcraft and how pissed Blizzard was that fans preferred the far better older versions and hosted their own servers for them, and you get an idea of why companies are all over this streaming shit like flies on horse asses).

Attached: 1759324.jpg (500x338, 70K)

Iktf bro

Time to die

Attached: STADIA TRUE COST.png (1554x729, 86K)

People are getting stupider and stupider, and more complacent than ever. Until the majority people start give a shit about things (never), it'll just keep getting worse.

99% of retards don't even know what that is and probably won't fucking notice it.

Entropy.

you're still paying money regardless if you're playing the games or not
you don't actually own the games

Attached: 1537010967723.png (452x565, 241K)

>make money whether you play or not.
explain

Do you have Netflix?

Imagine having a Netflix account but you dont actually watch anything all month long. Guess what? You still paid for it whether you watched something or not.

>y-you don't actually own any of your games!
I shit all over your EULA and reverse engineer your software. Your move, virgin cuck.

Enjoy reverse engineering a video feed

>reverse engineering a stream
galactic overlord iq post

seethe more amerimutts, the future is already here

Attached: poor3rdWorlders.png (836x568, 48K)

Same reason why you can't own a property/house. (((They))) don't want people to have roots and to be self-suficient. (((They))) want to force you to drink up from their disgusting teats to survive.

Attached: columbine hillary.jpg (480x480, 25K)

It also lets them tout their games as massive hits with millions of players even though average play time might be like 5 minutes.

Every publisher will probably have their own monthly subscription service.

monopolies want to leech rent off literally every industry

Diablo 3 stream just some game logic and assets and is still not reverse engineered.

>anyone else know what an ethernet cable is? haha i'm SUCH a boomer lol!

Attached: usboomersamirite.png (1701x1464, 1.04M)

Because not everyone can afford a $2000 gaming PC, and I want to play non Nintendo Vidya without buying another console

It's true though. America's current ISP business model is not compatible with the future of the internet and people's demands to what their internet service should offer.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens when 1TB monthly data caps are suddenly not enough for the common american household.

>Kids these days don't want to own games they dropped $60+ on in the first place

It's worse than I could have ever imagined...

>can't afford pc gaming
>have subscriptions that exceeds it in a year or two

dumbasses

So you don't have physical access to the game.
You can't pirate it, you can't re sell it, you can't refund it, you can't mod or hack it, you can't save it for posterity, and you have to buy the remastered when it comes out of you want to continue playing

>Jew vs jew
Maybe you'll finally get some change now, burgerfriends.

because it will make them a lot more money if people rent games as a service instead of ownng their games

itll happen in 10 years

next question

This
Its all about money and having control over you.

I heared you said "nigger" while playing online. That will be your entire game collection gone for you, Nazi! #privatebusiness #antifa

to make money

Lag will never be defeated though.

it's the future

To take agency away from the customer and have the power to deny you something you paid for for whatever reason they desire.

Attached: 1374562426331.jpg (445x385, 56K)

Aren't those the same people who lose interest in games super fast though?