What went fucking wrong?

What went fucking wrong?

Attached: file.png (900x506, 498K)

Attached: Screen_Shot_2019-02-27_at_2.52.06_PM.jpg (800x450, 27K)

Xbox set the bar too high

pandering to the worst

AAA titles have 25-year development cycles these days

It's not even funny any more. It used to be at least an entertaining disaster but now it's just miserable.

> imagine pandering to game journos

>What went fucking wrong?
Nintendo hasn't started yet

AA games are nearly extinct

based thanos
based thanos

No Sony to balance out all the shit

I had more fun watching Jerma reacting to the entire event than I did watching it by myself.

Attached: 1542200746173.png (720x715, 472K)

Pre generation e3 but with less games because of cost. All the confrences are basically just previewing 2020.

whats her insta

Attached: who.png (207x311, 184K)

Little to zero gameplay

I went in expecting too much.
>Vergil DLC
>XCom 3
>Actual gameplay from things
Why did I even watch the PC Gaming show.

Everyone wants to act like games are a big fucking serious artform instead of trying to make FUN. The only games I've had any interest in so far are boat game, deer game, "reverse horror" game, and My Friend Pedro. Those were all smaller studios. Imagine getting the budget of an AAA game and doing fucking nother interesting with it

>shit games
>e-celebrities
>Actual celebrities
This E3 has been a damn joke

Attached: 1501724186217.jpg (428x456, 54K)

>streamers
>monthly subscriptions
> mobile games
>muh diversity

No one just makes good wholesome fun games anymore. They are all just trying to sell you excitement and addiction but nothing actually fun.

At least I've got Nintendo to look forward too.

Nintendo saves the day like every year

Everyhing surrounding videogames have always been shit. The community, the devs, the games, everything is covered in shit. You're just being more aware of it now.

Smartphones
Movie-games
Streaming
E-Celebs
SJWs

I think I counted a total of 3 new games revealed that we didn't already know about

The rest were already announced last E3, this time they got trailers but no gameplay, next year at E3 2020 we'll finally get gameplay trailers and release dates, maybe by E3 2021 there will be some new games announced.

bros this has been the worst e3 by far

Every year it's always the same threads.

Just face it guys, you like the idea of videogames. You just don't actually like videogames.

Nintendo is our last hope at this point.

I guess thats why people were saying that xbox was going to blow it out of the water. It did, but slightly less shit is still shit

Tokyo Game Show and Gamescom has been better in the past few years anyway

We like video games, they just haven't been making good ones for years.

i don't know, everything goes to shit, at least was cringe before and i had a good laugh, now is just trash. Also now everybody is going into that garbage streaming, i think i will wait to see if Sony/Nintendo jump on this shit streaming and i will quit gaming.

Attached: 421235345645.png (700x933, 878K)

>it’s another Nintendo wins by default

Attached: 454340B9-BB1C-4FB1-AAAF-61305D6822AD.gif (265x257, 1.78M)

Sony won just by not showing up.

At this point Square Enix will have the best conference.

Reminder: never tilt your head back when trying to blow your brains out
you'll just blow your face off instead and REALLY want to die after that

le wacky post apoc zombie survival crafting
le inclusivity

I'm ok with people that want to think this. It doesn't change the fact that they are purely entertainment and that the corporations that make this shit are trying to emotionally appeal to people. Clever marketing I guess or you can just believe that people are too stupid to notice/care

Console fags have been sucking monthly sub fee dicks for so long that devs actually think people want to pay for streaming shit

Everyone just shows fucking trailers.

Western developers are just out to make money they aren't even trying to make games fun anymore only profitable. It seems Japanese developers are the only ones actually trying to make games fun and not just for money.

>niggers
>niggers
>even more niggers
>female niggers
Yep, I'm out.

No Sony

bethesda is now PC fagland
ubisoft is a roasted pink pig
xbox is still microshaft
sony is out
CDRed is bigger than e3
Kojima too
Shooters are just shooters
New demon's souls-esque game is meh anyway
fuck all, fuck all

Attached: roasted.png (784x691, 161K)

Mobile games are getting too big of a selling point for a conference about consoles. Make their own fucking day if they have to, it's like Sony advertising Pokemon for the Switch, nobody plays those on consoles. Unless that's the next gen selling point, Mobile Games ON consoles.

the wrong side won ww2

Attached: apu maths.jpg (741x568, 73K)

>Sony decides not to show up because E3 is dead
>HAHA SONY HAS NOTHING TO SHOW
>Their YouTube channel has been posting shit for more than a week
>Its actually a better E3 showcase than the ones actually being put on

I wonder why Sony didnt just do a show, but I guess it comes back to the first point that they know E3 is dead.

the target audience has changed

so far my goty is a fucking dating sim.
There where a few neat looking games from Xbawx at least.

Attached: Hunter did you just.jpg (1375x645, 230K)

Which is pointless because the first 2 years after a console launch are always hot shit.

No Sony

7th gen killed video games, you've been living a dream for 15 years. Time to wake up, user.

Videogames take 3-5 years to make these days so it's hard to drum up excitement yearly.

Attached: 1560144895797.png (688x587, 626K)

Year before new consoles so no one is making anything big.

current gen is winding down so everything sucks. Maybe Nintendo will save it; they're kinda on their own cycle here

seems like pre-crash conditions

help us sony

Why haven't you taken the freeware and piracy pill yet?

Pretty much this.

what did they show on youtube retard? i only see shit we already know about or some indie garbage..Is not like if Sony was at E3 they will show us some games, they don't have any . Kojima movies is coming soon, and the lesbians of us in 2020. Until God of war 5, Spiderman 2, HZD 2 wait another 3 years.

Attached: 521521.jpg (1344x840, 258K)

So far I'm looking forward to Tokyo Twilight, Tales of Arise, Elden Ring, Baldur's Gate 3, and PSO2. So far it's what I've expected. Fuck Betheda for what they did to Commander Keen though.

Again: name a business that didn't go super global mainstream and didn't die a horrific death.
Everything that gets too popular becomes too bland, boring and dies.

You're absolutely right, the state of the industry is absurdly comical. Consume product, wait for the next product.
Aside from Japanese studios, nobody with a considerable budget is trying to push the medium to a new length.

Attached: ActualContent.png (825x996, 131K)

We can only hope - the cost to make games for these new higher powered consoles from Sony and Microsoft is going to cripple software companies if they don't do well, or they'll have to microtransaction the fuck out of them to cover the costs of those bleeding edge graphics...

...book industry?

You fags complain about E3 every fucking year. Not that you're wrong desu, it's just that it's been shit for ages and yet you faggots still get hyped up.

the food industry. but as a serious answer, board games.

The most entertaining thing this whole E3 was the pre pre show

It truly feels like the end of an era.

Less conferences.
Less and less AAA titles.
More and more games as a service, subscriptions.
New game announcements replaced by expansions, new “seasons” and even new skins/content reveals.
Xbox had lots of games but most were mid to low budget.
Xbox avoided revealing the new console with a teaser SAME as last year. They know that selling a home console will be hard and are still trying to figure out a way to market it as a "cloud hub".
Retail is dying, just a couple of big special editions come to my head (Cyberpunk and Doom).
Corporations are SCARED, they all know that a new era begins with the true dawn of streaming.
There’s a lot of nice games announced, but most are indie.