Doom Eternal Thread

Attached: Doom Eternal Cover.jpg (1902x2160, 1.77M)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/18144054
youtu.be/bWGcvxM6XmY
youtube.com/watch?v=9XYZXqOiNoM
steveonsteins.com/why-the-lids-real-reason/
twitter.com/Mick_Gordon/status/1137911163256074240
youtu.be/IkiM48_7FAc
youtube.com/watch?v=OYlDgwo52tI
youtu.be/ietb4JwaaXA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

can i finally kill god like in my anime games?

new cyberdemon is better

Question I thought I read somewhere that there were 2 versions of hell in doom. The one we've seen so far, and the biblical far more powerful version...can anyone confirm?

Shit how could I forget.

CYBERDEMON VS CYBERDEMON

strawpoll.me/18144054
strawpoll.me/18144054
strawpoll.me/18144054

Attached: cyberdemon 2016 Eternal.jpg (1694x900, 697K)

YES HOW COULD YOU
it is literally the only one I know by name though

Attached: TENDIES.png (190x109, 52K)

wrong. there is no biblical hell (nor heaven) its all different dimensions

I hope doomguy assblasts hell so hard that heaven steps in, forcing him to continue to assblast supernatural beings other than demons. Im down for that.

youtu.be/bWGcvxM6XmY
youtu.be/bWGcvxM6XmY
youtu.be/bWGcvxM6XmY

NEW GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE

Attached: image_doom_eternal-40436-4097_0002.jpg (1920x1080, 867K)

That voice is fucking annoying holy shit
Also what the hell happened to the HUD?

Attached: 1560172425968.webm (640x360, 2.97M)

Attached: 1558267544869.jpg (724x540, 136K)

given the poor reception of the UI, I bet they'll change it for the final game.

New one is better, and it looks more like the original.

new cyberdemon SOUL
2016 cyberdemon SOULLESS

Attached: cyberdemon.jpg (1440x1530, 607K)

this. 2016 looks like a generic alien hulk

I've been curious for a while, what is everyone's favorite gun to use in 16, and what will be their favorite in Etermal? I liked using the Micro-Missile Rifle, it was super slick to use fully upgraded. The triple Shotgun shot really sucked, but I can see myself enjoying the Gatling Shotgun, because I like fast close combat.

i barely even remember the weapons in d44m anymore. the minigun with 3 barrels was fun as fuck

Who wins Dood...

Attached: Doom eternal box art.jpg (800x1295, 192K)

Attached: Daisy.jpg (1054x908, 143K)

Ignore that one

Attached: Dood_fixed.jpg (800x1295, 372K)

Or MooM?

Attached: moom.jpg (800x1295, 319K)

W-what happened to Doomguy...?

he put all his points in agility

I hope they let you fight a Balgaar demon which fights like a much weaker and non-cybernetic version of the one from 2016

too many tendies.

dat ass

Have you ever been so angry that you fired yourself at light speed toward your enemies just so you could grab those stupid shits?

Dex vs. str

Left looks like a deformed pig/bull/man hybrid. Definitely looks like a demon but if I had a complain I would say his skin is far too clean and pinkish for something with half his belly gone.

Right is obviously more hyper but it's a boss so it's alright. I think the four eyes and mandibles are a bit too much on the alien side but it's still very good. Great presentation too.

All that matters i that left looks like a Cyberdemon, right does not.

all that matters is my DICK in your ASS

Attached: Boned.gif (469x324, 877K)

Super shotgun was the best regular weapon in the game. So I liked it the most

Doomguy goes to heaven to bring back Daisy.

Attached: bunbun.jpg (806x992, 176K)

so hayden some angel wizard now?

also what do you guys think of the revamped hud? honestly looks like shit

hope the movement is faster than 2016

>also what do you guys think of the revamped hud?
it is pure shit and looks like a bad mod

>Final boss is a revived demonfied Daisy.

Turret minigun with that bullshit OP rune that gave you unlimited ammo with enough armor. Just plop it down and mow through demons.

dont be hyperbolic, ive never seen a hud mod that bad

DAISY LIVES

I just personally dislike it and the glowy colors and weird choice of green just make it worse for me

I hope this happens
Or at least some reference to Daisy up there

Attached: AE21EE8F858948F7A833D809CECEF831.jpg (750x416, 47K)

>Collector's Edition is only Bethesda's launcher on PC

I put in a preorder just in case but I think I'll probably cancel it before all's said and done. What a dumb issue to have to cancel over.

Attached: 3545140-doometernal_promo.jpg (1920x1080, 572K)

>Fully upgraded Super Shotty
>Two shots before reload
>Finding a room with a quad damage or haste powerup

Attached: 1559256245204.jpg (620x758, 145K)

please

DAISY LIVES

>different dimensions
No it's not you autist. Hell is Hell and not your 1000+ iq but it's actually aliens retardation.

literally says so in the game multiple times

DAISY LIVES

Attached: doomguy rabbits.jpg (640x295, 65K)

It's so good. I also love that they took what worked in the 2016 DOOM (Hell Knights, Imps) while redesigning the enemies that looked wrong (Cyberdemon, Mancubus.)

Mancubus in particular is fantastic looking to me.

Attached: xXeCLHY5tREez9AiS7MaoC.jpg (1280x720, 228K)

The gauss cannon, mainly because it just sounds/feels so powerful but on top of that it has so much kickback that you can fly around or do triple-jumps with it if you fire in the air, which is fun as hell by the way. The only "bad" thing about that gun is how grossly overpowered the siege mode thing is, so I just go with the scope instead.

heh

Attached: doot.jpg (1920x1080, 397K)

Best track coming through.

youtube.com/watch?v=9XYZXqOiNoM

I mean, they do call it a different dimension within the game and even did so during the conference.

Realistically, accessing the biblical heaven or hell would have to fall into the definition of "another dimension" if it happened in our reality. The dimension may still be mystical in nature but it's being accessed and harnessed through science so there has to be some give and take with terminology and concepts.

See: Event Horizon.

monetized memes jack...

>wearable helmet

Attached: 15114644141.jpg (262x489, 31K)

Someone spoon feed me the bun meme.

how about you play doom 1

>That voice is fucking annoying holy shit
"Good voice work" is something these "gaming channels" seem to have forgotten about. It's almost as if they strive to find the most nasal, whiny, irritating girlish voices with the thickest "sophisticated british" accent they can.

mancubus is the one enemy which shouldve been redesigned rather than copied from doom 2. it doesnt look good

What is the purpose of putting a lid on the beer mugs?

I'm kind of blown away by how good the game looks. The change in art direction towards a more colorful embrace of corny 90s type designs is absolutely up my alley. I love Doom 2016, but it looked a little too edgy for its own good at times, this game just looks like it embraces the fun of things.

I just couldn't be happier with how this looks, to be honest. The only thing I feel hesitant about is the wall climbing and the bad hud.

Attached: image_doom_eternal-40436-4097_0004.jpg (3840x2160, 3.6M)

i wouldve preordered if it wasnt for the deluxe edition giving you more shit for more money. im just gonna torrent it

Destructible demons is also another good change. Actually seeing chunks of your enemy fly off when you shotgun them is always satisfying.

Literally play Doom 1 to completion.

You were gonna torrent it anyway you poorfag nigger, don't even bother to justify your peasantry.

No idea, but this article seems to imply it was for convenience
steveonsteins.com/why-the-lids-real-reason/

>yfw he's the other marine from the original boxart

Attached: Kz2221I.png (1920x1080, 2.56M)

Wait what? You'd have pre-ordered it if...there wasn't the option to buy more content for more money?

So like, if the game released and that content got announced later, you'd be fine, or if it was announced but wasn't sold as a bundle, but the fact that they're bundling the content is a problem.?

whatever you say burger

looks like overdesigned shit

zenimax shills out in full force

Yeah, you can not only watch their flesh fall apart, but you can destroy their weaponry, pretty fucking cool.
The new environments are great as well.

Attached: image_doom_eternal-40436-4097_0005.jpg (3840x2160, 3.85M)

I actually think he is the betrayer, the one that led the Argent D'nur and the wraiths to be absorbed into hell.

>People genuinely excited about an upcoming game are inherently shills

Why are you like this?

No it says that Hell itself is it's own dimension at ALL dimensions connect to so there's only 1 hell. That's why doomguy is from a different Earth then the one in 2016

oh fuck off. doom 4 was a great game and i have no reason to suspect that doom 5 wont be good too.

Teenagers act like contrarians to get attention.
Don't reply.

Soundtrack preview for those who haven't heard it:
twitter.com/Mick_Gordon/status/1137911163256074240

>people liking a good game are shills
I would expect something like that for Fallout 76 or Anthem

I love that there are so much fanservice in this game but I'm not sold about the hud.

Attached: doom2.png (1277x674, 1.67M)

Don't they refer to the dead son he sold the order out for as being reborn as akin to them or something, in one of the demon lore tablets? It's probably him.

I see the Doomhunter from the concept art and what appears to be the Icon of Sin back there, I'm guessing those are all bosses? mite b cool having a bunch of champions of Hell trying their luck against Doomguy. The priest looking dudes look boring, probably just generic acolytes that summon waves of demons.

I'm looking forward to the soundtrack almost as much as the game itself

I thought the same thing, I fucking love how "gamey" everything is in the world, floating icons all over the fucking map to remind you you're playing a fucking video game.
I'm with you on the hud though, needs to be reworked.

Hope they give us an option for a more muted HUD. It's an odd decision after the perfectly functional one they had last year.

Also, what is it about this font that says "neo-Greece" to me?

Attached: Screenshot_20190610-151158.png (1920x1080, 2.4M)

I must be one of the only people that didn't enjoy Doom 4's soundtrack.
At least this sounds like more metal and less industrial.

Remember, he's Doom Slayer now.

>muh Heaven is ebil cliche
This is gonna be the wet dream of every fedora in the West.

stay mad christcuck

1000 IQ response right here

God/Heaven would have to be either actively evil or apathetic to the point of being considered passively evil for the world to exist as it does.

I really wanna know what the demonic corruption thing is.

Attached: demonic corruption.jpg (369x105, 18K)

music is one of the weaker parts of nudoom

Don't care.
He'll always be Doomguy to me.

Attached: hell_on_earth__it_s_not_a_problem__by_ardathlilitu-davhacp.jpg (786x1017, 132K)

Why? Because people refuse to get sentenced for the shit they do in life?

Doom is anti demon, not anti religion.
I really hope god steps in and fights along side you.

combat rating reskinned

just bought 2016 after upgrading from a toaster. any options i should absolutely just turn off?

fuck me

once the bar is complete you enter a berserk rage mode for extra damage punches and gore until the bar goes empty, very video gamey!

Earth is bad because it is without God. We seperated ourselves from God when Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit.

This place is transitory, a place for our souls to prove themselves.

Imagine being this much of a fag, that you think that sounds cool.

>being a bdsm cultist
>yes holy father please punish me for the crime of living!!

Your religion is shit just deal with it

Any that tank you below steady 60fps. It's Doom, you kill demons and don't afraid of anything.

something tells me depending on this meter it will spawn different enemies.
the higher the meter the more difficult the enemies are and if it reaches max you'll get invaded by other players.

All the monsters are better. They ditched the over-designed mess and updated the classic monsters. If I had any gripes, they are long gone after the newest trailer.

still better than asspulling Heaven out of nowhere in a game about killing demons because it appeals to some fucking neckbeard autists.

>Lives and 1ups

Why? Actually why?

I love how all modern "Christians" come up with nonsense like this to try to justify their stupidity. No kid, that's not the official position of any church currently in existence. You'd be burned at the stake as a heretic if you said that dumb shit 200 years ago. Religion is bad and dumb, grow the fuck up.

I'll pray for you :)

Talk about the game faggots

Attached: 1557943891703m.jpg (589x1024, 71K)

>pain grunts
>can see his face
based

>NuDoom shit
Imagine paying for Doom and getting Painkiller

ignoring the fact that this is literally how its always been
how else would you punish the player for dying

Looks boring and slower than 2016

oh okay. what about depth of field? i haven't touched a shooter in a month, aside from shit like cs:go.
so for this game its going to take a bit of adjusting.

i skipped out on this game sadly because i refused to play with a controller.

>still better than asspulling Heaven out of nowhere in a game about killing demons because it appeals to some fucking neckbeard autists.

No, it isn't. God showing up and doing anything would be the ultimate in faggotry. I do agree that Heaven/Angels/God etc shouldn't even be present in the game in any form.

That graph is shopped

Don´t forget to tip your fedora and take that upvote!

>evangelic niggers

Uhh.... Restart the level or a checkpoint?

Like... You know.... DOOM?

Nope, confirmed that it goes up as you kill. So if anything it seems like it's warning about the Slayers own demonic corruption. They did say that the suit absorbs demons powers as he kills them. Perhaps the Slayer has gone too far and he needs to burn off the corruption with an extreme power up every so often. Maybe this is why heaven has abandoned him now, he is too steeped in the powers of hell.

Not going to happen. Its much more likely that doomguy will wage war on heaven for their indifference to this massive clusterfuck. Or they might be portrayed as more lawful neutral type, which would be more interesting.

I dunno man, ask Job about that.

Depends on whether or not they pull it off, really.

Famine, disease, natural disasters. Punishing subsequent generations for the choices of others. Creating a world where failure to follow the faith is punished by eternal damnation when all evidence points to the contrary, all so you can allow free will to exist in order to have those people tested in their love for you.

You're an immaculate and all powerful being capable of creating a universe where all beings are eternally happy and content and choose instead to test those beings for your own satisfaction. Moreover, as you're omniscient, the "choices" people make in their free will are in fact illusions as you've known the choice they would make since before they existed, yet created the universe in a way that allowed that choice to happen in the first place.

The problem of evil will always plague dogma because the being they say must have created in is either incapable of changing the universe to suit a better experience for its subjects or is capable but chooses not to.

>posting shopped statistics
sounds on point with you liars.

>"year one pass"
>"includes campaign dlc 1 + 2"
What.

You mean the one character from a book you never even read, from the obvious shitpost, much less tried to understand?

Probably super shotgun, but i be been teaching myself to get good at weapon switching, so you end up using every single fire gun to kill a single demon. Least favourite is easily the plasma rifle. Didn't feel good to use, automatic, and only had one occasionally useful feature (freeze ball thing)

>modern
lmao this has been a line of thinking since Christianities earliest days. Look up Arianism

No one cares about your religion. No one. Not a single soul. We dont want to hear about. Im going to be polite and not give you shit for it, but its a little cringe inducing.

They're only for invasions if I remember correctly.

>know religion is completely fabricated
>it is factual that a religious life is happier and healthier
Thats just how it is on this bitch of an earth.

If you don't care about it why do you attack it so much?

If you want to watch a movie, enable PP effects. If you want to kill demons, play any resolution, and graphic settings, at 60fps or higher. Doom is a game that lends itself to proper game design in terms of enemy identification at at glance. Sure it might look amazing at 4k ultra settings @144fps, but if you can't enjoy the pure carnage at just 720p, do you even like video games?

>implying humanity did not deserve worse for what it did to itself and what it did to the planet it inhabits
Stop the virtue-signaling, bro. It makes you look bad.

Two story DLC that will come out at a later date. Why they announce it now is kind of strange, but whatever.

>tfw nuPlutonia and Evilution

Wow, new ones look so much better

Because, in this instance, Yea Forums is a board about video games. Take your autism to /x/ or /pol/ or whatever. Or youtube, go debate with neckbeards on hitchens videos.

No, they are for auto res where you stand if you happen to die. If you don't have any, you go to the checkpoint, like last game. Higher difficulties will have less 1-ups and Nightmare will have none and Ultra Nightmare will be like before.

Things could be infinitely worse, so much so I couldn't quantify its horrorific implications. God has done a pretty great job so far.

Attached: tie me to a missile.jpg (960x540, 40K)

Not him, but when did this board ever talk about vidya without shitposting in any way,shape or form?

>another thread

Someone was criticising the game for using a cliche "God is evil" trope, then people started attacking christianity.

The origin of the off topic trail stemmed from the anti-Christian posters

there's that one thread from 2004 where they're talking about the Nintendo DS

This.
Even the small changes they made to the imps have made them look a ton better than in 2016, such small changes that change the whole attitude of the thing, goes from a grimdark thing to something with attitude that looks fun.
What remains to be seen are the in-game models of the angelic enemies, but judging by the concept art they embrace the same type of cheese that the demonic ones do.

Attached: Untitled.png (516x656, 543K)

God is ultimately responsible for their fate and the fate of everyone that followed. He created a tree of forbidden knowledge to tempt them, knowing in his omniscience that they would fail and how that would affect the rest of humanity.

If God is testing us, it's only for his own satisfaction. If he is all powerful, he was capable of creating a world where all beings are happy and where suffering doesn't exist. He tests us to prove our love and faith in him and if we fail that test, we're punished for eternity when we weren't given all of the information to begin with. Moreover, because he is omniscient, out fates were sealed from the moment of creation -- we had no real choice because the universe he created would always ultimately lead to that outcome.

edit when?

Im more concerned with the ability of religitards and neck beards to derail anything. Its like ancaps and commies going at it. We could start with "Why the sky is blue" and end with "Why libertarians are actually fascists". Which, you know, is fine and all, be have other boards for that.

There will be two DLC released within the first year. Likely, we'll see additional DLC after the first year.

Not sure what's confusing.

This post is, in short:
>my big brain understands why a deity would do X
>here is an oversimplified, reddit tier explanation on why it is bad

No. He gave us the gift of life. He wants to see us prosper and live good, fulfilling lives. If we do so, we are deemed worthy of eternal life and join him in heaven.

If you live an awful life in this world, yet hold true to the commandments laid out in the bible, you are rewarded with everlasting paradise.

What's 100 years (max) compared to an eternity?

But you understand that, if God were real, those struggles wouldn't be necessary. He created humanity with those flaws, he created a world with finite resources, he created a planet with an ecosystem which is limited in the strain it can take, etc. He is an all powerful, all knowing being and yet made a world that we would inevitably destroy because he knew that would happen when he created it.

Everything that has happened or will happen is on his head, of he's real. I agree that we as a species has fucked up but in religious dogma, that's on God, not us.

And yet they are as they are and children still get cancer, war still exists, etc. Every awful thing that happens is on God's conscience, such as it is. If it's a test, I don't see how that isn't cosmically cruel.

Attached: 1543797245285.png (310x325, 169K)

DAISY LIVES

Is this daisy hidden in the new image? I can't see it.

Atheists be like "waaaaaah i cant get sex, there is no god"
Have sex incels.

So what's the purpose of this life? Why not create us in paradise to live with him in happiness for eternity? If that's the outcome he wants, he has the power to make it so for every person.

And again, our choices aren't our own. He's omniscient, meaning he knew the choices we'd make before we existed. We never really had a choice. An omniscient God necessitates a deterministic universe.

And why they wouldn´t? Suffering and love are both sides of the same coin. Those who never truly suffered will never truly know what it means to love. It is not what those Hollywood autists promote it is. Beautiful, yes, but nothing like that.

The reason he gave humanity what he gave is simple: to remind them of their limits and to be thankful for everything they have, both to each other and to him. God never told the English to rape and pillage Africa, nor did he tell the medieval Europeans to wage wars in his name. That is the fault of few humans who got greedy for power and decided to use a convenient scapegoat.

Would you guys be happy if Nintendies reveal Doomguy for Smash?

Attached: DE13F726-79B4-4E52-9E04-AAE463A285D5.jpg (640x893, 84K)

>Why not create us in paradise to live with him in happiness for eternity?

Because we need to earn it.

>our choices aren't our own. He's omniscient, meaning he knew the choices we'd make before we existed

okay so you have literally no idea what you're talking about. We're done here.

If he is all powerful and all knowing then he knows if someone will fail his test before that person exists
For what reason would he subject someone to this test then condemn them for failing a task they had absolutely zero chance of overcoming?

Only if they let him keep his guns.

Please explain to me how Him being all knowing does not mean that He knows all
If you wish for me to be educated on the subject then please help me to be so

Wrong. You always have a choice. There is no such thing as fate, but there is cause and effect. It´s like choosing a road, with someone knowing exactly what that road contains. You can choose between this life and everything it offers, which you cannot bring with yourself in the grave, or you can choose the way to the other life.

my rabbit passed away this year and ive still been sad about it. so seeing daisy being mentioned again is kinda nice in a way. but its also a bit of a reminder that she too is gone just like daisy was in doom 1. hug me plz

Attached: hug me.jpg (764x512, 60K)

>see teaser
>thought they might go for a more classic look
disappointed but at least they revamped the demon design

Attached: doometernal-1.jpg (830x535, 281K)

fuck off frognigger

So you're out of arguments, I accept your concession.

He'd probably keep the rocket launcher, chaingun and use the BFG as a final smash attack. Doomguy has been on every nintendo console. He deserves to be in Smash.

>zero chance of overcoming
That is true only if you are weak willed or unfaithful. God always offers a way to break free from evil, but it is up to the individual to choose it.

>classic look of most the enemies
>classic look of pick ups
>same with weapons
user...

Honestly I think it's guaranteed that he's in at this point. Sakurai gives no fucks now and Nintendo seems to know that kids and boomers love violence.

Come here shithead. Bring it all in.

If there is no such thing as fate then this means that God does not know all
If God does not know all then he cannot be referred to as an omnipotent perfect being
If he's not an omnipotent perfect being, that just means he's some asshole and why should I care what he thinks of my life?

youre a nigger too

If a teacher knows for certain a child is going to fail a test, do they stop them from taking it?

so was the dead rabbit

I'm specifically referring to Doomguy

But it's a meaningless gesture if the outcome is already preordained by his omniscience

but youre a bigger nigger

at least I'm alive, nigger

she's on the right behind the arachnotron

Attached: doometernalboxwide.jpg (2047x1079, 547K)

If a teacher knows 100% with complete certainty it's a test they will fail, they are an asshole if they give the test and punish them for failing

>my ebin maymay philosophical trap xd
Who even says that fate=omniscience? What does fate even have to do with omniscience? What is even fate? What brainlet linked them together in the first place?

even when they've given that pupil all the support and scholarship and educational materials required in order for them to pass it?

Oh! Sorry!

Attached: 1560171862231.png (2048x1152, 3.65M)

They sorta did
He looks less like a bootleg Captain King now, at least.

I'm actually really interested in the story. I think the voice at the beginning always meant to be a warning to Hayden as he tried to re open the well

No it isn´t. The point is placed on the individual, not God. Everything you do, you must also take responsibility for it.

Have sex.

what about handholding?

It would be nice if we could talk about doom, instead of religious feelings hurt by a video game

Since when is this phrase a thing?

>Shadman

Attached: 1532384366554.jpg (272x280, 55K)

>The virgin overdesigned nu-trash 2016 "cyber" demon
vs
>The chad original but now in HD quality, true cyberdemon

I think it started last summer. You fags keep replying so it stuck.

>liking nuDoom
No thanks. Doom 2 all the way.

I absolutely reject the notion that you have to suffer in order to appreciate love/happiness and, even if it were the case, that's still a limitation Good himself made. A test, a crucible to forge your soul, whatever your reason, the responsibility ultimately lands on God. Even if we were the grant everything you said, there's no reason that there should be a "win/fail" condition that results in ETERNAL TORTURE.

Not even taking into account the absolute minimum of just not believing, even the most extreme, heinous acts are both a result of God's choices when he created the universe and are not deserving of an eternal punishment. Those souls should still find tranquility in death if the purpose of life is to prepare you for happiness. The fact that people are sent to hell for failing at a rigged test is horrifying.

We only need to earn it because he says so. I do t see how you don't understand why that's a problem.

i dont know but i pushed it really hard last fall because i thought it was funny how mad people got

But God doesn't
From the word go a person is judged on their every action, many are doomed to die without ever knowing about God, being unable to praise Him and being condemned to forever burn
God creates us with the knowledge of how our life will go and choices that we will make. He creates many with the explicit knowledge that they have no chance of succeeding his nebulous trial but creates them anyway so that they will be forced into damnation. The deck will be forever stacked however God wants it to be

Because if God doesn't know what's going to happen he cannot be said to know all. For something to be omniscient it is an absolute necessity that there be a perfectly specific path of events that the universe will undergo

about the time the incel hype started
youtu.be/IkiM48_7FAc

He knows 100% without a shadow of a doubt that will fail, he knew that way before he handed those books, he knew that thousands of years before he was born. He just gave him the illusion of free will and then punished him for following the script.

God created the universe knowing what you would do from the moment it was formed. You never had a real choice, that's the whole point.

Unless you do not believe God is omniscient.

The only thing I don't like about the new cyberdemon is the eyes placement. It looks like it can't see straight in front of itself.

>tfw chad Agnostic

Attached: 14985736257384.jpg (1080x1331, 97K)

Attached: 1558656660670.gif (420x420, 1.61M)

Whatever makes you feel better about yourself, bro. But don´t bitch about how you want to get educated only to sperg stubbornly when someone points out another POV. You can either reflect on it or don´t, the choice is yours. However, do keep in mind that you will also have to keep responsibility for your actions, whether you like it or not. As for God, well. If you want to understand his reasoning, why don´t you ask him?

And how is that exactly fate? Under what standards can that be considered fate?

I do not believe in God because it's irrational to do so -- there's no evidence for God and you inherently must take it on faith that he exists. I can't force myself to believe in something that I rationally can't accept, however if I fail to do so, I'll burn forever in a firey pit.

And to your mind, I've been given all the tools necessary to succeed. More importantly, God knew this would be my fate, the way my mind works and the choices I would make long before I was born. I never had a chance because my choices were made for me.

because if god knows what's going to happen in the future, it's predetermined, and literally fate

You guys like him?

Attached: doomslayer.jpg (1395x1080, 306K)

Attached: 7z4v0OsXok0.jpg (800x783, 179K)

Cringe and bluepilled.

If someone asks to be educated and you respond with something that doesn't make any sense they have the right to tell you your explanation is complete bollocks
>Ask God
I have, but since I heard nothing I was told I just have to have faith he exists

>God created the universe
>From the word go, God knew everything that would happen
>As a result, any choice I make was predetermined thousands or billions (depending on who you ask) of years before I was born
>This is somehow not fate

>Every event to ever happen or ever will happen in the universe is by necessity predetermined
>How's this fate?
Are you legitimately retarded

>Gang ang Bang
still gets me

I think that is a pretty roundabout way of saying: "I do not want to believe because I am big brained, high IQ individual, so whatever happens to me I can easily push the blame on someone else and be done with it."

>not being an virgin wizard Gnostic

Total plebeian
May your soul rest in the pleroma

Attached: 1560149940971.jpg (688x418, 441K)

I preferred a more opaque visor, honestly. I think his face looks good but I wish it were more of a silhouette than something you could clearly see all the time.

is it based off his QC face?

You heard nothing because you refuse to hear anything. Even now you are doing it.

>so whatever happens to me I can easily push the blame on someone else and be done with it.
>Not believing in a nebulous entity controlling your life means you have someone to blame for your own mistakes
Nigga what

No, I don't believe in God so I'm inherently taking responsibility for my actions, that's the whole point. If God exists, he is responsible for my actions. If he does not, I am. I am advocating he doesn't exist thus I'm responsible for what I do.

>new doom game.
>one little line about "heaven's wrath"
>atheists go into a seething shoot.

Attached: 1545606204092.jpg (250x250, 41K)

Evil must exist for any higher tier creature, as it is a necessary element of free will. If you are always good, or always evil, there is no good or evil, and we would be like dogs. There must be a balance between the two. Natural disasters also aren't evil in any sense, they are simply elements of nature. Evil is something which can only be carried out by a sentient being, choosing to do wrong.

You could argue there is no free will, but if you are discussing whether or not God is bad or not, but such a conversation generally has the concept of free will as a baseline element. There is absolutely no point in arguing about good and evil if you don't want to consider free will.

And in general, free will is a concept which is still heavily debated and has no 'scientific answers'. It brings up major questions such as why the human mind even has a sense of self and perception, the hard problem of consciousness, etc. As for the possibility of God and the supernatural, it is a baseline for the Universe, as the Universe is either Infinite in some form or fashion, which is impossible, or it spawned from nothing, which is equally impossible. Such a 'supernatural' origin to our universe leaves a very real possibility for the existence of God from an argument perspective.

Doom was created by metalheads, fuck off christfaggot. Religion doctrine is the most obnoxious gayest shit

you refuse to say anything, other than your vague accusations

New Cyberdemon's face looks autistic. 2016 looks more built and badass. Meanwhile 2019 can't even see straight. You guys realize that's an evolutionary trait in prey - to be able to see almost a 360 view while predators only see shit in front of them.

God could not create a universe without evil? We lack the ability to do many things, why do we have the ability to do evil?

>New Cyberdemon's face looks autistic
A little closer together and he'd look like a Downie.

As I said, whatever makes you feel better about yourself. I´m going to bed since it´s one in the morning here in Europe. Good night and God bless.

>cyberdemons are predators
ha

Attached: 1530143391539.png (1122x964, 1.24M)

He's cool.

Attached: doom slayer.jpg (1098x810, 274K)

this looks way better than

2016 looks like a generic alien, a bit less grungy and it'd be a capeshit monster

That would be cute

Attached: 1560176320887.jpg (800x525, 87K)

So I can literally reject God's voice by my own free will? Am I really that powerful? I thought he was omnipotent, he could force his voice in but chooses not to do so well knowing I will not believe him unless he does, thus dooming my soul forever.

reddit hates this

>Hayden's old chasis is found
>He has taken the form of an angel due to his savior complex.
I bet he's the one with the giant yellow wings. An upgraded form to better rule the world with.

If we were created without the ability to do evil, we would have no free will, as it is a matter of decision, not simply a matter of function such as flying or swimming. It is a burden of any creature with a high level of sentience.

And now you attempt to push the existence of something which created the universe to prove that God as you know it is real
There are infinite things which may have spawned existence that we have no idea of and can't even imagine, this doesn't mean we should just throw up our hands and say some dude in the clouds who want us to burn when we masturbate did it. The answer should be seeked, not assumed

What I'm saying is that if God is as described in the Bible -- all powerful, all knowing, timeless -- then free will necessarily doesn't exist.

You keep saying things "must" be a certain way, but that all comes back to God. The universe is as he envisioned it, so if certain parameters are necessary, it's by his design.

And, again, if we were to grant free will (thus negating God's omniscience) then the only logical purpose for free will is as a test for the love of God, for which failure means eternal punishment and about which we aren't given nearly enough information to succeed.

And that again doesn't touch things like cancer, children dying, natural disasters, parasites, why suffering isn't spread evenly among people, etc. These would all come down to either a "test" or a "contrast" so you can better appreciate happiness. But God could create you as perfectly happy and content, never knowing pain but understanding it and appreciating that you've never experienced it. He's omnipotent.

Unless you think this is beyond his power.

>no arch vile in the gameplay trailer
please tell he's hasnt been promoted to boss status

Attached: 1549332743978.jpg (1200x1158, 187K)

The new HUD is AIDS. Hopefully you can specifically disable the compass, low health/ammo warnings, and the directional damage indicators. Everything else is tolerable, even though I dislike it, but that shit just clogs up the screen to an unacceptable degree.

dude why isn't this fictional game following my headcanon of a real life religion, now i can't enjoy it

>THEY ARE NO LONGER YOUR PEOPLE TO SAVE

Did God just say "fuck it" and decide that he's just gonna reboot Earth after witnessing how fucked everything's gotten?

They should have kept it 1st person for the entire time, 3rd person ruins immersion

who upgraded his suit?

that bad looking one is from the multiplayer mode, so likely a lower poly and simpler model.

>1:1 hexen fighter hand
>turn it into doom
pleb

>Shadman

Attached: 1522687283250.jpg (596x400, 57K)

Love how "video-gamey" this game looks. can't wait

Every fucking thread you christfags come in and just fucking shit on everything. Fuck off already you fucking cunt.

Heaven probably doesn't like how Hell is nearly wiped out, and I'm sure they believe in balance of some sort. Gotta kill Doomguy to get everything back to normal.

we devilman now

his face looks hulkish

Attached: doomslayer2.jpg (1020x1080, 292K)

Why not give us only the ability to do good things? There are plenty of good choices to make freely. Our will is already restricted by knowledge, emotion, and desire, it is not wholly free anyway

You could disable the compass in the last game. Not the rest.

I'm arguing against God. Are you confused or do you just mean people having religious discussion at all?

I think they were trying to channel some of the original face

Attached: 1560131725432.png (475x428, 295K)

Them Blazkowicz genes make any man look even manlier.

I'm going to play the 2016 doom for the first time, what am I in for boys?

I'm confused. I didn't sleep good last night. Sorry mang.

i want that damn steelbook

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-06-06-21h30m00s018-1440x810.png (1440x810, 1.53M)

You would think Christians would love DOOM because you go to Hell and kill demons.

Attached: 046.jpg (2811x3600, 1.32M)

fun

play on the hardest mode, not the perma death mode though

>Got infinite ammo upgrade in Doom 2016.
Never have I felt more powerful in a game.

I am stealing this one

I'm still suprised how they managed to make the skin look so realistic, it's kind of creepy in a good way.

That burden is place there by God for the express purpose of giving us the option to fail.

Based on everything you're saying, you don't actually believe God is omniscient, which I'm cool with. It doesn't jive with the Bible but if you think our choices aren't predetermined then that at least removes the problem of God deciding our fates.

The fact that there's still suffering, a test at all, the punishment for failure is eternal damnation, etc. are all still problems. God shouldn't require a leap of faith to reach the conclusion that he exists. He's inherently creating a failure condotion that some people are incapable of overcoming and their reward is eternal damnation.

He's still channeling those PTSD eyes somehow.

Attached: big_1474001146_image.jpg (546x615, 138K)

Yeah, I just checked it. Hopefully you can this time around. 2016 was tolerable because it was mostly transparent. For some reason they've decided to put fuck hueg boxes around everything now, which blocks most of the screen.

I was actually able to pre-order the collector's edition before gamestop ran out. The Revenant statue was really nice so I'm hoping they don't 76 this helmet.

Delicious sub-surface scattering. Hopefully it's there in-game and not just cutscenes, ala DMC5.

yeah ackshually, I was GOING to buy seven copies and purchase the collector's edition but then I learned the collector's edition contains ecksshcluive content.
I can't do this on principle. it is EXPLOITATION, I am a gamer and I won't shtand for it. SORRY id, but Doom is getting PIRATED by me. Let this be a lesson to you!
*goes back to playing the one repetitive game he's played every day since 2011*

Attached: Ek6jgeF.jpg (600x315, 12K)

2016 Cyberdemon looks more fuckable

On the whole the game looks gorgeous, They kicked it out of the park with this game.

This is the first monster from Doom that makes me feel genuine fear.

This game is being designed with phone and Switch screens in mind.

have sex

Attached: 1560188186719.jpg (2687x2671, 559K)

At least they explained why 2016 looked so different than the original. Being an Archdemon and all that. Still had a really cool design.

I never said that. I am discussing:
1. The topic of good and evil in relation to free will
2: The possibility of a God existing from an argument standpoint
Two different things, sorry if I made it seem like they were in the same grouping. I acknowledge that the argument for the existence of a God is not for a specific religion.
Free will would still exist I believe, it would be the ability to make decisions in whatever world God had created. If it is ultimately a test for how righteous and loving we are, I wouldn't really have a problem with that.

As for why these things are the way they are, I admit, I cannot answer such a question and I don't think anyone can. I am simply trying to analyze how the world we know works as we know it.

Standard shotty with grenade launcher is all I need.

That's what I don't get, though, all this shit clogging up the screen is going to be more of a pain on a switch.

It would be cool if they brought back the demon the 2016 Cyberdemon is based on. It looks like it would make for a cool boss version of the Baron.

big todd

I imagine we'll meet at least one. Probably a sibling of the one Doomguy fucked up.

The HUD isn't that big, it's just distracting. Things like the different colors for each ammo type is meant to help on smaller screens.

>Free will would still exist I believe
It is necessary that free will does not exist if you are to believe God is omniscient and all powerful (again if you don't believe this is the case then your argument makes more sense)
If this is so then he would know every decision we would make, and again many would simply exist to fail

I kinda liked the new one, it should return as a different kind of enemy instead of the Cyberdemon.

Hell isn't eternal damnation you numpty, hell only lasts until judgement day where the final battle between god and the devil ends in the destruction of death and the final judgement of the damned souls to either be forgiven or permanently destroyed on a case by case basis.

Abrahamic religions are weird.

>can see Doomguy's arms and face
>those grunts
>imps have spikes jutting out of their shoulders
>mancubi look more like fat dudes than cyclops ayy lmaos
>BASED classic cyberdemon
Bros...Doom is back

Attached: 1454195009747.png (557x605, 194K)

DAISY LIVES!

How can Master Chief even complete?

It's not the thousands of different overdesigned spikes, bones and eyes are what makes the monsters scary, but their simple, yet abnormal and creepy design.
Pale skin, weird eyes, nose, weird shape (tall but thin) makes the monster look much more abnormal and much more scary. A blob of weird glowing teeth and spikes won't cause as much fear as a simple, tall and pale figurine that still somehow resembles a human.

Plasma rifle at the start. Heat wave destroys groups of soldiers and imps without needing it filled, and landing multiple shots felt great. Loved the smooth, sleek design too. Stun is overrated, but I know why everyone prefers the machine gun. If only the plasma gun & heat wave dealt double damage to the shield and armored enemies along with the missle mod having a lower area of effect damage to prevent people from killing shield fucks would people see the use in the plasma rifle. Luckily it's good in pvp.

DAISY LIVES

I mean, I know I do.

Attached: 1463494120431.png (1024x768, 1.2M)

>some people hate these because it's different from 2016
I don't know who's "old game good new game bad"ing who anymore

Yah I'll agree that 2016 looks a bit generic but 2019 doesn't look scary or intimidating, just a demon version of Sloth from the goonies.

Yeah, people praise it but it felt way to slow. I think the IDKFA fan album was miles more faithful while still sounding distinct.
Mick Gordon is good, but I feel like the ost is too slow and it's hard to actually hear the music

Fully upgraded super shotgun is just the best. Really makes you feel like Doomslayer.

Seeing these angry Christcucks make me wish SMT never becomes mainstream.
That said fighting heaven as doomguy sounds fucking radical.

Attached: HOY.png (299x392, 93K)

>a top-down bullet hell DOOM spin-off
I would play it

Attached: 1504107690763.jpg (1200x675, 111K)

>shadman
fuck :D

This game might be the first week 1 buy I make since Halo 2. Everything about it looks amazing, even better than D44M which I loved. And s00ince D44M had good Linux support I'm not too worried on that aspect. But if there are DLC campaigns, I might hold off...

Rocket launcher with the double blast upgrade was amazing. Most weapons were well balanced overall so I found myself using a variety.

Attached: mpv-shot0003.jpg (1920x1080, 245K)

In 16? Gauss cannon, followed by Super shotgun.
In eternal it will most likely still be super shotgun and most likely plasma rifle, I like the new design of it.

Wouldn't it be possible to still have free will and carry out our own decisions, with God still ultimately knowing the outcome, with God being a timeless and all knowing being? Of course this would pose the question of why we need to carry out life on earth in the first place, which is the big question from my viewpoint.

As a side,in the Bible anyway, even God himself comes down and constantly suffers, so there would still certainly be value in what is carried out on the present earth from a Biblical perspective. But yeah, looking at things outside of a Biblical perspective, a greatly powerful yet not capable of everything God would be easier to argue.

I always saw it as more of an x-com dealio

Attached: When the Superhuman kicks in.png (1504x1051, 90K)

Doom 2016 feel almost too easy, i play the original Doom since 1993 and it still manages to challenge me. Also the sound of the weapons fire in Doom 2016 is too weak, and the music not metal enough. Hope this one fix those issues.

I think they've nailed his expression. He looks furious, but also annoyed, like he can't believe these stupid demons are still coming after him.

I don't think I could decide. Least used is rocket launcher followed by minigun. Felt kinda unsatisfying in comparison to others.

>RPS
not giving those faggots ad revenue

>see the cannon reloading
>think I'd be amazing if he shot himself through the canon even if that sounds absolutely ridiculous
>it's exactly what happens
I don't want to like Bethesda

Nobody cares about your weeb game
>le what if good guys, bad!
It's a boring and overdone trope
Falling from orbit seems pretty impressive user

The 2016 Mancubus should return in one mission as a nod or Easter egg, perhaps a variant.

I just love how much fanservice eternal Mancubus gives us, it's literally perfect.

Minigun with Infinite ammo rune makes the turret mode satisfying to play with.

2016 is better, don't @ me

@465724956
You're gay

Then of course, one could argue if God is Omnipotent, wouldn't everything ultimately be 'Right' regardless of our input on the matter?

plasma for 2016 and probably rotary shotgun for eternal

Never noticed you can actually see his face here.

that art is fucking fantastic

Attached: german.png (423x309, 41K)

2019(1993?) shits on 2016 also he better become a regular enemy in some stages instead being just a boss

i hope that theory from an earlier thread that the angels are against doomguy because they're jealous of his sheer effectiveness is true.

Guess I gotta give it a try when I replay someday.

this, and remove the grunting when you get hit

nah the silent shit in 2016 was silly

If anything, I'm getting Black Lagoon vibes from him now just from the eyes. He has the eyes of a true ruthless killer. The eyes of a PTSD veteran. The eyes of a man who has seen things no sane being were meant to see.

Attached: eyes of a veteran.png (1358x756, 422K)

I think its going to end up being just fallen angels. I mean a seraphim is the one to give doomguy his powers in the first place in the last game, it wouldn't make sense for them to create a superweapon only to turn on superweapon for doing the job they gave him.

*ahem*
A toast to mankind!
FUCK DEMONS
FUCK ANGELS
FUCK LUCIFER
AND FUCK YHVH!

Attached: 1546378718843.png (256x256, 48K)

>steel book is amazing
>everything else is fucking garbage

Why

>not playing ultra nightmare after completing nightmare
I've been having fun doing this for the past month.

Fuck that's cute

Do you guys think Doom 2016l will get cheaper in the summer sale or should i get it now at 25% off?

Attached: 231231.jpg (306x306, 24K)

The eyes of a man who lost his beloved pet.

The son became the icon of sin

make sure to play on at least ultra violence. it's fun that way, it's way too easy otherwise. hurt me plenty is a joke.

Helmet looks good too

Hold up, is that the icon of sin on the right?

The son is all but directly said to be the Icon of Sin. They made an innocent soul into their most powerful demon.

usually drops to 50%

No, it's the gladiator demon dude's shield.

Attached: Doomguy IRL.jpg (640x434, 20K)

holy shit give me this game already

Attached: 7E155F3C-F31F-4F2D-B493-B3C1316822E8.gif (477x456, 194K)

I hope it means you can 100% areas of the game by killing all of the demons in the area including all secrets and items.

Attached: daisy.png (262x252, 77K)

so i never really stopped to consider the canon of the doomguy. is the doomslayer the same guy? he appears to be, but all the lore from 2016 seems to dispute it. was classic doomguy's story just retconned or something?

DAMMIT, thanks user I see it now

Not just his rabbit. His family. His home. his planet. Fucking everything.

DOOM is the Megas XLR of FPS games.

>Over the top
>Doesn't take itself seriously
>Awesome Music

Doomslayer and Doomguy were the same guy since day one. Not sure why you thought otherwise.

why?

but I thought doomguy was a disgraced space marine who got stationed on mars while doomslayer is some sort of higher being who had angels create armor for him to kill demons since they tricked him. or was he just the same dude and got the doomslayer's armor or soemthing?

>CHICKS DIG HUGE GUTS

After the first 2 Doom games, Doomguy traveled to Hell itself to fuck every demon up. There he met and became captain of the Night Sentinels due to being that badass. It is here that he becomes the Doom Slayer.

If this doesn't prove to Yea Forums that they're the same guy. I don't know what will.

Attached: D8swD4aV4AEJutx.jpg (184x190, 8K)

because it's different from 2016

HOLY SHIT

I still prefer where you can barely see his face. There's enough there to make out but plays on your imagination. I'm concerned about scenes playing out in 3rd person, the characterisation of him in the last game worked so well because it was in first person.

Attached: Doomguy.jpg (1024x751, 131K)

>remove the grunting when you get hit
This

It's just the same dude (doomguy) who killed demons so good, someone decided to give him cooler armor so he can kill harder, and then the demons were all afraid of him so they give him some campy cheesy name (Doom Slayer).

i still can't believe they threw daisy in there.

I often wonder if they almost used BJ Blazkowicz's face model for the hell of it before making a new one.

Where?

>most of the concept art has actually come very close to the final product
>This might actually be a level we explore
Holy shit.

Attached: Eternal.jpg (3827x2100, 2.47M)

Fuck off, Doomguy has never been completely mute before D44M and clearly it was a bad decision to change that.

thats fucking metal

Nah that Master Chief mystery hat shit is gay, Doomguy should have a face.

Based BBW imp. Also
>Shadman
KEK

yeah i feel like they're trying too hard to personalize him. they did a perfect job in the first game with just his hand movements. we don't need to see more of his face or have third person zoom-outs

>Doomguy walking down the path
>"Killed that one, that one, killed that one with a butter knife."

I haven't followed nu-nu-Doom. Why is everyone saying he's fighting angels now? Is it just cause of the cover art? Was there actual gameplay footage of angel combat? Going by the cover art, I'd assume that it's false angels, and it either IS the robot guy, or has something to do with him.

I’m worried about the third person scenes too. 2016 wasn’t ALWAYS one long first person take (there was zoom on bosses and new enemies when you first met them) but it still felt like a very personal experience of going through hell and being all alone, for better or for worse. With the third person it kinda feels more removed from that.

holy fucking based

Look real hard by the Arachnotron. You'll see what looks like a Rabbit running away.

It's pretty close to canon to be honest. Animal sacrifices were made in the OT to take on sin in your place. When Jesus was crucified, he took on all of humanity's sin upon himself, absolving the need for any future sacrifices. Loaded with all that sin, he obviously couldn't go to heaven, and went to hell. 3 days later, he breaks out and is perfectly fine- what do you honestly think happened in the mean time?

Attached: 360703.jpg (490x497, 34K)

You go to heaven.

We don't really know yet.

kek, thanks user. i'm fucking blind but i had a hearty chuckle

Nah, it sounds like shit.

what about all that stuff about him losing his shit because they turned his son into the icon of sin? he killed the icon of sin in 2 before any of this could have happened.

someone give me a quick rundown on nu-doom lore. A friend tried to tell me that "Doom Slayer" isn't the original Doomguy, but just his body being possessed by another being, but that doesn't seem right.

theres some kinda Thor dude talking at you like you're ruining some divine plan. honestly i don't care that much. i think id is trying a LITTLE too hard to give doom a real plot.

>what about all that stuff about him losing his shit because they turned his son into the icon of sin?
I don't recall, are you sure that is Doom slayer/guy's sone?

You sound like shit.

Attached: 1504314459936.jpg (500x375, 36K)

>MILF in with the demons
We're reaching redpilled levels that shouldn't even be possible.

I'm going to have fun with this game and Yea Forums can't stop me!

wait, nevermind, I looked it up. the son was the son of one of the night sentinels, not doomguy himself. it all fits.

Just don't get hit nigger, I do wish it had the HEAVY BREATHING sound though.

Attached: 1552620644459.png (1000x779, 582K)

hes the doomguy after 1 2 and 64 but had to be quarantined after being unkillable

>muh immersion

It's a step in the right direction

Attached: facesprites.png (1366x768, 1.16M)

>Falling from orbit seems pretty impressive user
twice

Companies need to start making middle ground editions, between standard and $500 collectors editions. I would gladly pay $90 or so just for the the case and lore books, but don't really care about things like helmets or statues. Indie games seem to be doing good at this

Attached: file.png (741x469, 504K)

One again great game limited by shit engine. Saw like max 4 enemies on screen. Would be far more better if hordes of demons would attack you and you had to defend yourself for solid hour in nerve wrecking fight which slowly increases in difficulty by adding bigger demons. Maybe that will be the final fight

>Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might break the power of him who holds the power of death — that is, the devil. He freed those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death.

>For surely it is not angels he helps, but Abraham’s descendants.

Attached: 2976257-4d3b02886e7ffcf2eb4bb339bfc9727a.jpg (960x540, 227K)

Doomguy was originally from Earth who joined the UAC's military. He got into a fight with his superior because he was told to attack innocent civilians, he was punished by being stationed on Phobos. Meanwhile, shit goes down and demons invade Phobos & Deimos. Doomguy fights them, eventually makes his way to Hell and fights the demons there. Eventually he returns to Earth where the Demons invaded and murdered his family, friends and his pet rabbit. He wrecks shit on Earth and goes back to Hell to fuck the demons up more. Eventually he decides to remain in hell to make them pay for killing his rabbit and fights them through time and space.

HERE IS WHERE THE NU DOOM KICKS HIM.

During one of his battles, he comes across the Night Sentinels and becomes their leader. Then some asshole betrays the Night Sentinels and Argent D'Nur is lost. Doomguy goes back to rampaging demons and gets eventually trapped. Samuel Hayden finds him and he wakes up to fuck the demons up some more.

not confirmed fag

>they're selling those Reaper miniatures again
Neat.

Attached: DOOM-REAPER-MINIS.Grid_600x900.jpg (600x900, 74K)

There's skins, you'll get the classic color scheme very least

Gauss cannon. As for Eternal, I'm excited to give the Plasma Rifle another shot. 4's felt like I was spraying them with a garden hose, way too weak.

Long ago in a distant land
DOOM
DOOM 2
DOOM 64
Doomguy is in hell killing things
He legitimately kills so much shit that the population of the hell dimension significantly decreases
He comes across some other non-demons, they’re from another dimension and are fighting back hell themselves
They like doomguy’s gusto so they welcome him on, he quickly rises the ranks as alpha chad and leads a faction called the night sentinals
He kills a big fucking Titan and hell is so afraid a hellsmith forges him new armor, they start calling him ‘Doomslayer’ and he rolls with it
One of the night sentinel’s children gets killed, and the guy in grief agrees to let the demons sneak in the back door to the place where the night sentinels draw their power
Demons corrupt the things that the sentinels draw power from, night sentinel homeworld quickly falls
Doomguy shrugs and keeps killing demons, but they trick him and drop a huge fucking temple on him and seal him in a runed up sarcophagus so he can’t get out
Doomguy is left to stew in fucking impotent rage for a thousand years (he’s immortal now roll with it an angel blessed him)
Another dimension with another version of earth gets into hell, are using it for energy, but find doomguy’s sarcophagus
When the whole operation goes to shit, Samuel Hayden unlocks the sarcophagus, and 1000 years of Doomguy rage is unleashed

>doomguy goes through Doom 1, 2, and 64
>decides to stay in hell to fuck demons up at the end of 64
>goes through a nearly infinite number of iterations of killing demons (no seriously all the fanmade .wads over the years are technically canon now)
>group of badass ethereal warriors meet him, are impressed, allow him to join them, give him a suit of armor to help him be a badass
>at some point the forces of hell trap and quarantine him in a sarcophagus because it's the best they can do because they can't kill him
>scientists unearth said sarcophagus sometime after the same scientists are overrun by demons
>doomguy wakes up, extremely pissed off, events of Doom 2016 unfold

New enemy

Attached: 90B9F31A-0C76-4D1D-B871-1C5EB03A457B.jpg (1969x1118, 329K)

>$200
ehhhh

When did hell get strogg tech?

>ignoring the fact that this is literally how its always been
Nigger what fucking doom game uses 1ups?

Attached: 044CFB4D-C0E0-42D0-8D2B-9CE274BEC85C.png (640x360, 370K)

Mankind chose to sin, God's just letting us have what we want. You'd be pissy if he micromanaged everything in your life too.

>damaged

Hefty, sure, but buying them individually on ebay and whatnot is far more expensive. I've wanted these things since Doom 3 came out so I went ahead and did it.

New crab guy cyborg.

Attached: 83068053-53B2-4B7F-A299-D8BFDF936032.png (640x360, 394K)

>snake enemy
This better be a mod on day 1.

Attached: Viper%402x.png (700x893, 568K)

That guy is full-blown Strogg.

Attached: Central Officer Bradford.png (487x333, 356K)

Christian Iconography, theology, and art is unironically based and you'd have to be an uneducated fedora tipping faggot to think otherwise.

Not before this.

Attached: Heretic-Ophidian.png (640x400, 64K)

it's the "turn into a demon" powerup from 2016 multiplayer

I’m at like 65% certainty Doom eternal is gonna have a Quake tie-in

Will the switch have a Collector’s Edition?

>When you find out today that the super shotgun exists in Real life.
>you wouldn't be able to fire it even if you tried.

youtube.com/watch?v=OYlDgwo52tI

Attached: jerry.jpg (800x450, 62K)

Honestly, I see it. They even had a slipgate in one of the trailers.

>After the first 2 Doom games
64 isn't canon. also it's trash

It is canon and it's the second best Doom game.

youtu.be/ietb4JwaaXA

Here's how to PLAY SOME FUCKING DOOM while you wait for Eternal

I hope that we will eventually get a Doom eternal mod like D4D/D4T and QC:DE

>final stage of the game, you're up against the Archangel
>despite your best efforts, the angel is wrecking Doomguy's shit, slamming you against bulkheads and blasting you with arcane energy
>Epic blast blows Doomguy's helmet off, his HUD goes with it
>Doomguy's manly locks flow down, he's revealed to have luscious hair straight out of Norse myth
>He locks eyes with the Archangel, a grin spreads across his face
>Fade to first-person view
>Blood splatter on Doomguy's now visible rounded breastplate on the bottom of his vision reflects his menacing expression a la the original games as you fight

Attached: 12-1-e1534876966395.jpg (1436x2157, 322K)

I figure Hayden has gone full I am God now and has used his position and influence to create his own technologically ascendant heaven, leaving the insufficiently loyal or useful behind as part of some Faustian bargain. You fight Hayden's Argent Angels as well as Hell ascendant.

>Cunny
>bad
>Femdom
>bad
Doomguy has goodtaste but it can be expanded upon.

It's all connected in QC, but I guess they'll add more connections in this game too

no and no.
doom 1>>final doom >>>Doom 2>fuck you john Romero SIGIL>>doom 64=doom 3=doom 4

That is literally the worst track on the OST. It's the angry washing machine song. Pure shit

Nay Satan, Tomboys and Childhood friends are the true path for salvation.

it's all canon user. so are all the fan wads. including hdoom.

>toys bad
At last I truly see

since doom 1?

I love the HUD for the exact reasons you just described. 2000s nostalgia.

Just noticed that the 2016 (2003) Hell Knights have eyes. Never liked how they don't have eyes so its pretty neat

Cyberdemon/Spider mastermind's tech looks different to how the Strogg made their tech. That motherfucker is a fucking demon strogg.

>calls me Satan while being one digit away from Satan trips

Attached: 1486149286430.jpg (400x400, 23K)

>thought Doom 1 was boring overall and that Knee-Deep in the Dead was one of the most overrated things I've ever played
>loved 2016
Exactly how much of a pleb am I?

>posting someone who in new lore literally made a deal with the devil for powers
I'm so sorry, BL writers need to have their fingers broken to save the setting

They what now?

Attached: Dude.gif (488x519, 415K)

And this time, soulless is a good thing!

Play Doom games with auto-aim on free-aim off. Play Doom 2 and enjoy super shotgun.

Nah, killing demons is cool. Because they're easy to personify, design, and defeat. Angels are supposed to be personified virtue, and also impossible to design. Killing angels is faggot edgy kid shit.
killing god is super cool and thematic though because it represents the idea of killing the unknowable. Something so powerful that it is completely out of the realm of possibility to understand let alone kill

The entirety of 40k lore is fucked now.
Still a cool setting, but Necrons not having FTL? Nu-marines? Abby dindu? Eldar BFFs with Imperials and Necrons? Who the fuck thought any of this was a good idea?

Attached: Necron wat.png (564x450, 12K)

where is the Arch-vile

Black Library was a horrid mistake.
The Siege of Terra will be a non-stop shitstorm on /tg/, on par with GOT's ending for grace and clarity, probably the only saving grace from this mess will be the funposting.

Here comes flame boi

Attached: Archville.jpg (3024x4032, 1.12M)

Yes and yes.
1 > 64 > 4 > 2 > Final > 3

Haven't played Sigil yet.

Wrong on both counts. 64 generally has better level design than Doom 2.

Attached: 1553625516245.jpg (500x566, 189K)

Doom 64 looks scarier than any other doom before

If you've played literally any Japanese game involving deities, fighting God is as fresh as two freshmen fucking and dying in a horror flick.

DAISY LIVES

You're pure shit, fucking faggot.

BL writers who've drunk from the same subversion means it's good swill.
But if everyone is trying to subvert and retcon prior lore, then nothing is subverted.

Daisy Lives!

Give her a gun!

Attached: 20180925_193351.jpg (2244x1262, 609K)

christians werent really good guys though, are you amercan?

Stella Glow did a good job with its "angels" they weren't purely related to Christianity but they did serve the pure role of messengers really well.

The few first time you saw them shit hits the fan in an spectacular fashion.

Attached: 13938.png (148x125, 27K)

You don't have to like Bethesda, this is made by ID software, and Bethesda's involvement so far seems to be pretty minimal.

>this fucker getting added
>pain elementals getting added

FUCK FUCK FUCK

Attached: 300px-Quakeconpainelemental.jpg (300x239, 14K)

64's level design is truly great. I believe it actually has the most consistently good level design in the entire series. Like how 1 is very front loaded and tapers off through episodes 2 - 4, 64 starts strong and then gets even better once you reach Hell.

DAISY LIVES

Prepare your ass for Lost Souls to be shoved up in there.

Attached: Swiggity swooty.gif (480x337, 2.84M)

You don't go immediately to hell just for not believing unless you adopt the black and white views of hardline evangelicals, the orthodox believe that you have to want to be in hell with your entire being to be there. You land in some in between space if there's even a small piece of hope in goodness left in your soul

Femdom should be cheating but otherwise amazing pic

I never understood the level design hate of Doom 2. What made people like Doom 1's level design more than Doom 2?
t.guy who does not understand level design

I played Doom 1 & 2 after playing D44M, and now that I think about it, the lost souls were way more annoying in the originals. I wonder if they will get buffed because they were kinda trivial in 2016, whereas in the old games if there's a pain elemental I would focus that fucker down as fast as possible before he totally fucks me and makes me spend all my bullets killing the souls.

Doomguy's bunny got dead

t. pic related

Attached: 1558070020464.jpg (205x175, 9K)

forgot pic

Attached: 3545140-doometernal_promo.jpg (1280x720, 109K)

>no Doom game where you can play as Daisy escaping from hell

Does anybody feel like they jumped the shark in this one? Everything about the game feels much less subtle compared to 2016. And I'm not a fan of going full classic style, it was a product of its time and nowadays doesn't look as good as it used to be, IMHO.

Also, UI is just a fucking disaster, I hope it was just an arcade mode. But I distinctly remember seeing hyuge +1 pickups during story mission showcase, so I guess they think full wacko is a direction to take.

It honestly feels like Wolfenstein: The New Order vs The New Colossus, where devs similarly missed what made TNW decent and went full retard in next one.

Monster closets, Chaingunners and Archviles in weird positions, too much maze like design and backtracking and one of the biggest sins that any level designer can commit: Gimmick levels. Barrels of Fun being the biggest offender.

>And I'm not a fan of going full classic style, it was a product of its time and nowadays doesn't look as good as it used to be

Attached: 1558574517821.png (662x633, 743K)

Why is Carmack a smug motherfucker?

Attached: r1zr3jm86ba11.jpg (550x543, 83K)

Hmmmmmm

>they gave hell knights visible eyes
Eh, I actually liked that they were eyeless before. The Doom 3 design for hell knights were the best in the game, imo, and I was glad to see it again in 2016. Made their appearance more surrealistic and unique compared to now where they just look like grey, hornless versions of 2016's hell barons.

I also think it would have been neat to bring back 2016's cyber mancubus as a regular enemy alongside the classic-looking one. I like it when games have different "tiers" of the same kind of enemy, each with their own attack styles.

Attached: 1533581251243.png (891x773, 1.21M)

Ah yeah, I get what you mean. I've recently beaten Plutonium myself and actually enjoyed some bits and hated some like that level with a chaingunner behind your spawn. Was thinking of starting T.N.T but no idea if it's a good WAD or not. Are the Master Levels worth it too?

Aren't those dots his eyes? Similar to the Cyberdemon eyes it looks, black dots or so

He’s (Doom)Slayer now

>It's an odd decision after the perfectly functional one they had last year.
I feel like the different huds will be tied into the game's narrative. The older, more subtle hud will be used before Doomguy gets his suit upgraded, with the newer hud being used after.

I don't really like the new hud, though. I prefer more subtle, immersive huds and the quakecon hud was perfectly serviceable in that regard.

There's a man with a gun taking names
Everyone will be treated all the same
even based shota

Those are just indentions in the skin, not eye holes.

It looks like he just spawns a few when woken up, then throws them like fireballs.

Soul/soulless

>it should return as a different kind of enemy instead of the Cyberdemon
This would be the best outcome, imo. 2016's cyberdemon was UAC made anyway, so having non-cyber versions of that demon-type running around would make sense. The orignal cyberdemon was created by hell, iirc, so having multiples of those also running around wouldn't be an issue either.

he looks alright honestly. not great, but better than I expected. I'm glad his head is still elongated.

Eternal's Cyberdemon with 2016's robot arm (and matching legs), glowing chestpiece and mouth would've been absolutely perfect.

hate to bring smash into this but

Doomguy's looking likely, just saying

Doesn't make it better.
too bad its ugly as sin with those shit clay model sprites

That's the opposite of a bad thing. :D