Forced walking

>Forced walking

When will this meme game design finally die?

Attached: How-To-Increase-Camp-Supplies-In-Red-Dead-Redemption-2.jpg (900x506, 154K)

Tell Rockstar to stop bullying their employees long enough to implement better mechanics into the game.

what's wrong with it?

The controls in general just feel like ass

Honestly it doesn't happen enough. Running just means you want to go through the experience as quickly as possible and puts it akin to a chore. Being forced to walk and consider the surroundings is something else. Its not for every game though. A forced run means you don't have to put a lot of detail in your game as nobody is gonna sit there for any amount of time. Leaves a lot of wiggle room when you're being lazy on design.

Attached: 1438066362904.png (1000x1144, 213K)

if I feel like walking I'll walk

Don't play the game then and go back to games where you're at a constant sprint, fuckbag.

>forced run
all games have a walk option
you're literally shilling to make games worse

Attached: 1508258713340.jpg (1068x720, 88K)

Ah yes I love to walk at turtle pace when going through the same place for the 30th time. Really brings out all the fun of the game.

>have to tap x to control the horse
When will this meme die.

You do know why analog sticks exist right?

Never played RDR2. Is Rockstar really still doing this stupid shit?

Oh don't worry faggot, I already returned the game and ps4 pro months ago.
Got a full refund in cash. :^)

If I am immersed enough I will walk in my own

Oh come on, we all know you didn't do that :^)

I'm not shilling for worse games but better detail and level design. Walking is a novelty and its assumed everybody will run to clear the next objective or quest. Walking is where you can really tell if they put effort in the design and world building or not. I have yet to see a game that rewards you for walking rather than sprinting.

Attached: 1421898056025.gif (500x450, 25K)

Vanquish has forced walking sections but no walk option during gameplay

COPE

Yeah, it’s bad. Worse even than it’s been

Rockstar apparently doesn’t understand why analog sticks exist

You really expect us to walk in camp dutch? after what we just did?

Attached: 2019-05-13_11-58-19_PM-wv4vpbjt.jpg (3840x2160, 734K)

You don't need to hang around the camp if you don't want to. It's so dense that you never need to run all that much around there anyway. Leave the always unlocked arcade controls to the bland ubishit.

Even in games like Witcher and Skyrim you speed changes based on how you tilt the analog. Rockstar is just archaic as fuck. Making you hold another button to not walk is ridiculous

seething

Casuals love that stupid cinematic shit so the answer to your question is never.

this
>walking by default
>tap to sprint
fuck this shit so much

>be excited to watch arthur's story unfold and how the gang gets through tough times
>remember that shitty wanted system and the chore of a gameplay
>play something else

I went to an interview on wednesday and they said they'd call back, and they did. However, they called early in the morning of this past saturday while I was sleeping

Infamous 1 basically had no walking, I remember being annoyed by that

JUST ONE MORE WALK, user
WE'LL BE ON OUR WAY TO MANGO LAND AFTER THAT
YOU JUST NEED TO HAVE
SOME GOD
DAMN
F A I T H

>>be excited to watch arthur's story unfold and how the gang gets through tough times
>how the gang gets through tough times

yea, about that.

Attached: 8192870192940.png (1920x1080, 1.86M)

Rockstar even makes you hold to jog.

Are you fucking stupid? It's not archaic, it's a design choice to make the game more immersive. The button pressing simulates the limitations and effort of running. A lot of people are too dumb to appreciate choices like this.

Who else walks everywhere in games? I like to take my time, smell the roses.

Attached: 1540761081959.jpg (1242x1421, 124K)

i mean yeah i can assume they will get fucked many times through the story and the end will result in dissolution of the gang itself, but the writing and characters are good enough to warrant a see through yourself, but idk if i'd ever play it to completion. its just not fun

>all games have a walk option
false

>finish game
>finally get access to entirety of map
>you now roam a big empty world as mr. ratface familyguy

>immersive
>the wanted system
anytime rockstarfags bring up muhh immersion meme. The wanted system in the game is the single most unrealistic and unimmersive feature.

i thought it was a lot of fun, but mostly because it wasn't the only game i was playing at the time. no reason to binge on it, just play it as it strikes you. it took me months to finish it, but it was really worth it. probably never gonna run through the whole game again, but it was fucking great

The tilting of the analog for speed control is more immersive dipshit

if you think this, you are retarded

i know the entire reason the first game's map exists in this game is for online but it still pisses me off they barred it off for 95% of the missions

Sekiro is almost pure gameplay, but even there I was annoyed with such a minor thing as sheathing of the katana and being restricted from sprinting when entering dilapidated temple and the other few such places.
I have no understanding for how people can play games like RDR2 and not feel constant annoyance.

Attached: cat confused.png (382x417, 325K)

You are the fucking retard, having to tap a button to jog is not more logical or immersive to the action of movement than tilting the analog further. It’s actually quite unimmersive how ever at fully tilt analog, Arthur walks really slow.

In the future we will walk at a snail's pace in our video games

Precisely what I'll do. i am playing dmc5 and hollow knight currently as well so I'll probably switch between those 3. The wanted system is straight up broken though and a pain in the ass everytime i get a bounty for no reason

F

Attached: Red Dead Redemption 2_20190603070616.png (1920x1080, 2.42M)

also playing the game with free-aim was extremely frustrating so i went back to auto aim and shoot-outs are a snoozefest as well.

>gets shot in the head or dick 6 times
>shrugs and walks away before dying
he based

The constant button pressing in this game, IMO, goes against the more slow paced atmosphere the game is trying to establish. It’s hard to appreciate just riding my horse around the world and looking around because you have to constantly tap the button, and even if you want to trot it makes you hold X and up at the same time, making camera steering feel really awkward. These weird control decisions go against the idea of being immersed in the world and being able to appreciate its beauty when it feels like you are dealing with awkward controls. Instead of being more immersive it just ends up being distracting and reminding you of the controller in your hand

auto aim took all the fun out of the game for me, turning it off gave the game its only semblance of difficulty. i agree the bounty/wanted system is retarded, though; you really just have to be a good boy or have tons of cash to pay it off. i usually had a 500 dollar bounty on me wherever i went by the end of the game

i was a R* fanboy for YEARS and now i don't give a fuck about them and their games.
the lack of communication with fan base and shit design choices like this trash in OP is just WACK.
CDPR is gonna take their place in the industry really soon and that's a good thing .

Attached: 1558214140368.jpg (700x681, 31K)

CDPR has made 2 good games, witcher 2 and 3, and even then, one can argue how those games are average at best. you CDPRfags need to relax

Honestly the worst part of the game. Fuck that mechanic

euthanize yourself, retard

Cyberpunk is going to get embarrassingly bad quality control and quality of life Crowbcat videos compared to rdr2 when it drops next year

>well I guess I'll just fucking die then

>camp is one of the biggest parts of the game
>totally eliminate it in post game
They really fucked up.

If I wanna walk, I will walk. If I don't want to, I won't.

the south-west and armadillo is breathtaking

Attached: Red Dead Redemption 2_20190606110937.png (1920x1080, 3.24M)

>you CDPRfags need to relax
i'm not a CDPRfag but i can see that one of the two puts fun gameplay above B tier hollywood story telling.
After the disaster that was GTA 5 and RDR2 (to some extend) i'm sure that R* is gonna continue with this shitty game design approach (forcing player to walk slowly becouse "LOOK AT THOSE ANIMATIONS AND DIALOG THAT WE CREATED FOR (YOU)!!!11!!"/on rails missions with ZERO(0) creative freedom because a fucking cutscene must be triggered at a specific place etc.)
You can't make the same fucking game for 20 years and keep your fans with you. If you can't see it, then I'm really sorry for (You)

Attached: 1550134952627.jpg (938x935, 151K)

the house?

>B tier hollywood story telling
>CDPR literally putting Hollywood actors I their games
>Shilling celebs everywhere

Ironic

Attached: 20180705_101325.jpg (1075x1124, 155K)

>moving goalposts so hard

not even with a (You)

Which has hardly any of the camp features. You should have been able to bring Abigail meat that she could make stews with

you're fucking retarded, this is how stories work. If you're looking for barebones open world game with little to no cutscenery and whatever nonsensical bullshit you're bitching about then I've got a fucknig bridge to sell you, you stupid ass faggot bitch.
TWC3 is easily game of the generation, and despite you trumpeting CDPR as being R*'s antagonist, it did everything you mentioned in TWC3. The only thing that R* failed to include in RDR2 is mission creativity.

You're a dumb stupid bitch. Please actually sort out your gripes and confront yourself about what you dislike before spitting it out to other people.

Attached: 20190530074621_1.jpg (2560x1440, 849K)

I mean i love witcher 3 for its interesting quests, good characters and a decent narrative even though it falls apart in the final third with the most uninteresting and underused final villain. Gameplay in witcher 3 was mediocre at best and garbage at worst. Combat was trash and so was movement, and there were a low walk slowly missions as well and other shit that you just mentioned for RDR2.

>horse crashes into shit when auto pathing
Why was BotW the only game that had horses that could avoid shit