FF7 question

At the beginning of FF7, there was a reactor explosion. Isn't that dangerous? The lifestream looks like friendly light, but manufactured mako should be radioactive.
Shouldn't Midgar be evacuated?

Attached: reactor explosion.jpg (1200x800, 49K)

Mako reactors don't explode.

Nah it was only 3.7 roentgens

It's not dangerous

I was in the toilet.

Spreading disinformation at a time like this, user.

>evacuate
I'm told it's the equivalent of a chest x-ray

Dropping plates on people is a very soviet maneuver when you think about it.

Attached: 1559666962024.png (1156x1728, 2.31M)

Someone take OP to the infirmary

The mako core is exposed, Anonkov

They shouldn't have used cheaper control rods.

Is there a good reason this show is getting memed so hard or is it just Yea Forums turbo autismo?

Attached: 1558638385149.jpg (410x750, 44K)

It's pretty good.

You haven't seen materia on the roof, because there isn't any.

Attached: 17112017.jpg (600x338, 42K)

It's good.

Attached: MoreGraphitePosting.jpg (960x960, 93K)

Two things I will never understand to my dying day: nuclear physics/how reactors work and people's love for Basketball over Soccer (football)

Attached: 1550962285917.jpg (1024x573, 58K)

Go lick the core to check

>.7
Nice.

What's the biggest number you can think of?

It's very slow, plodding, and doesn't have a lot of things actually "happen in it." But it is an interesting show nonetheless. Only five episodes so it thankfully doesn't wear out its welcome. Only problem is, the show assumes you're already a nuclear physicist because it doesn't explain shit, especially in the first episode. It also assumes you looked up the incident on wikipedia beforehand.

Quadrillion

>nuclear physics/how reactors work

uranium is a hot rock
lots of hot rock at once boils water into steam
steam turns a big fan to make power

okay but why is a core impossible to explode? Why are people so incredulous about the idea? Seems like it's easily explodable. And the stuff about control rods, jesus christ.

It's good if you don't know shit about Chernobyl. Otherwise it's so fucking cringe worthy. They got so many things wrong it's fucking infuriating.

It's pretty great, I just finished it actually. Pretty kino, and definitely great material for memes

Attached: IMG_4478.gif (452x306, 1.39M)

>nuclear physics/how reactors work

Raditation can be seen as a turbo-microwave.
You start a fissile reaction which produces radiation. You put that into water so it gets heated up like it does in the microwave.
Heated water then does your typical steam machine shit to produce electricity.

It's not hard to understand or comprehend. The difficult part is keeping the microwave going, stopping it at will and making sure it doesn't "microwave" anything other than said water.

Does Uranium produce naturally on Earth? I thought that was synthetically created. Or was that plutonium. Fuck, I don' even know the difference

>muh manga was better

>this much of a brainlet
Germany is currently mostly powered by nuclear energy. Accidents happen and they can be extreme, but it’s cleaner than any other energy source that can output that much power. Unless you’re a complete climate denying burger faggot, you might see why people would suggest people learn how it work so we can live a bit longer

More like it assumes you barely know anything about Chernobyl or nuclear power and are willing to believe the absolute bullshit they make up in the show.
In reality, Chernobyl, the greatest nuclear disaster we have ever had, caused maybe 80 deaths over a decade. It's actually a story about how nuclear power is extremely safe. Funnily enough, it's statistically safer than wind power.

I love how Dyatlov doesn't even try to reason or explain why the core didn't explode, he simply yells
>IT DIDNT
>THERE IS NO GRAPHITE ON THE ROOF
>YOU'RE WRONG

How much of the show is just Russia bashing barely concealed DRUMPF PLANT “subtle” politics? Or is it just old fashioned communist bashing instead?

>Chernobyl caused 80 deaths
Very good, comrade.

Have you heard of google, user? Uranium occurs naturally, decays very slowly. A specific rare isotope, Uranium-235, is used in nuclear power plants

sure that seems like a level headed response to asking scientific questions to gain better understanding of the very thing you're lecturing me on about to learn more of.

Attached: 1552795933657.gif (634x462, 2.69M)

>Drumf
Good God, user, not everything's out to get you or your politics
To answer your question, there is no modern day politics in it, beyond philosophy about lies that could apply to anything. The show is bashes the Soviet Union Government pretty hard

t. burger
There’s plenty of nuclear engineers today who are pushing for nuclear energy as the only legitimate solution to climate change who are being honest now that the Cold War is over and admitting that it wasn’t like a nuclear bomb went off. Three-Mile Island and Fukushima had low death counts, too, but you’re only honest about them because they’re non-communist examples

Whatever Vlad

>another nuclear fanboy who thinks everyone is out to get them

Creator of the show literally said on his twitter that he believes in nuclear energy to be the only way to fix climate change. Get a grip.

Depends, though a number of things seem to note it's not.

>no warning on touching materia
>when tifa guides them through the mountains, sephiroth gives a bit of a lesson on natural forming materia where there's no word on it being dangerous as such
>you go through a number of reactors and don't require any equipment even when going into the heart of one
>cloud and tifa swallowed up by mako and don't even wash themselves off afterwards
>lifestream via holy used to stop meteor yet no major deaths reported due to this event it seems

At most given the lore and suggestion, it just might not be good to be around mako fumes from a reactor or explosion for too long; as Gongaga is the only thing to note there's an 'effect' from such a thing. Given the odd number of monsters in the area, but I doubt they put too much thought into that.

Attached: 1521048048066.gif (350x280, 2.59M)

You know what I'll never understand? That stupid ass bird.

Attached: 1559516987029.jpg (900x600, 86K)

The show isn't pushing that Nuclear Energy is bad, it's just showing how gross incompetence and denial can destroy people's lives.

What he said on Twitter and what he did with the show are at odds then. The show sensationalizes the disaster to a ridiculous degree and treats radiation poisoning like an infectious disease.