Linux Gaming

Any news expected about things coming to linux?

Attached: Steam-Linux-625x350.jpg (625x350, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/linux
makeuseof.com/tag/risks-dual-booting-windows-linux-operating-systems/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just about everything comes to Linux either straight away (in case of OGL and Vulkan compatible titles), or soon after (through Proton).

Well not Epic Game store's shit because they won't support linux :(

>caring of Epic Fail store's shit

Microsoft is using a Linux distro called SphereOS to run it's Azure instances.
I wonder if games runnin in Xcloud will be actually running on Linux
Google already confirmed that Stadia is Linux

Also, will PC Gaming show acknowledge Linux as a valid OS?

Linux, the vegan OS.

Nah, vegetarian at best. To be truly vegan you have to use Arch.

Not since EGS sabotaged it for no reason.

By not letting its 5 exclusives go to linux?

Depends on what distro. Vegan is prob more the people that go total FSF.

Linux is not and will never be used for gaming. Stop being manchildren you fucking smelly arch users.
Grow up!

Maybe there will be proton/steam/valve news on this front?

It already fucking is starting to be.
store.steampowered.com/linux
Oh wow, look at that, games, lots of games. And those are just the natives, proton's been adding more non native.

are you from the past?
Linux is already used for gaming. Mostly on mobile and in "cloud", a bit even on desktops.
Your argument is invalid.

># wine 'Epic Poofter Shit.exe'
Solved, innit?

What? No?
They bought the rights to Easy Anti-Cheat just so they could prevent old games that used it from coming to Linux.

Hackers at Valve should be able to find a solution in about half a year.

So that's, uh, Paladins I guess? Honestly haven't seen EAC in many other places.

Quite a few "AA" games use it.

Hopefully there aren't too many epic exclusives at the PC show. Epic basically killed the linux port of the outer worlds, as most of obsidian's previous games were on linux.

>>N
t. posted from a Windows 10 machine

I'm using xubuntu , nice try.

t. assblasted arch nerd
have sex

>Heh, I actually run linux on my powerful gaming PC
>Desktop? Oh, I use that basic bitch one meant for 1366x768 laptops

Good, I will stay away from Arch then

Attached: 1513972529705.jpg (314x438, 57K)

I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it because it looks just like the Linux kernel, at least. If there is anything that's truly new, it's this — it would be a complete departure from the Linux kernel; there was no fork, no reboot or rearchitecture, just an unaltered core with exactly the same core attributes. It's just the same basic operating system you've grown to love, but it runs on a different architecture that is different and doesn't have as diverse a platform to base it off of.

On the Linux side, there's actually very little that would be fundamentally different at all. Windows is, of course, quite the opposite! But Linux has very little in the way of operating systems, and I'm sure any Linux geek out there could put together an operating system that feels like Windows, but is, at its core, the GNU/Linux operating system and is very different in structure.

It would be amazing if the current Linux ecosystem could ever be ported over to other distributions — perhaps OpenBSD or FreeBSD or OpenZFS and things out there — but the sheer volume of available platforms, both open source and proprietary, means this is not as realistic as it could possibly be.

Less demanding = more power towards the games.

>why can't my stupid ricer OS not play geimu
I wonder

>these latent bait threads

what type of person doesn't have linux and windows installed at the same time so they can still play games?

Attached: 1559756780398.jpg (532x396, 37K)

>implying implications

KDE and Gnome score best in game benchmarks despite being typically the heaviest on CPU.

I don't understand. Seems like people pretend you can't use both - linux for everything + games that work well being native or steam play/wine, and windows for whatever you need there

Someone who doesn't want to deal with that windows 10 cancer

makeuseof.com/tag/risks-dual-booting-windows-linux-operating-systems/

Windows 10 has been known to fuck with linux installs.