*dabs on Obsidian*

*dabs on Obsidian*.
*dabs on Bioware*.
*dabs on Beamdog*.
*dabs on RPGcodex*

Attached: Larian_Studios_Logo_2012.png (250x387, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/Here's a comprehensive list of facts you cannot dispute/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

BASED

you do realize that Yea Forums will started to shit on them since they are getting more and more publicity with bg3

Yea Forums already hates them since DOS2

too hard for Yea Forums

Attached: larian.jpg (800x447, 48K)

Obisidian is dabbing on everyone else with Outer Worlds though

The war has begun. HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

Attached: ww.png (991x651, 370K)

>please don't make it silly and light hearted
>please no muscle bound retards carrying around a hamster
>please no comically evil red wizards turning into women who plot using their newfound sexuality to take over the world
>please no gnomish turnip salesmen telling stories about his crazy extended family
>please no tsundere dark elf priestess calling you baka but she wants the D

(You)

>dabs on RPGcodex
But the Codex showered praise on DoS2 though, didn't they declare it GOTY when it came out?

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY
DABS ON MOTHERFUCKING CD PROJEKT SHIT

Attached: 1532282344150.gif (416x307, 2.58M)

God I fucking love Baldur's Gate.

Codex also declared DA:O GOTY when it came out. But as always a few months after they went back to shitting on it, same case

OH MY GOD THERE'S CTHULHU IN NEW BALDURS GATE GUYS

Attached: soyboy-2.png (210x240, 6K)

>Every squid-like creature is Cthulhu
Die.

>dabs
Eat shit you useless zoomer

>hey guys remember new vegas?
>please buy our game
Obsidian isn't going to dab on anyone with retarded writers like Patel, Starks and Kirsch. Especially Kirsch who is an IRL cuck that gets off on it.

seething biodrones lmao

I thought the Codex like dos1

>>RPGcodex

Attached: a6m0ulubzwi21.jpg (500x490, 53K)

Obsidian's last good game was Stick of Truth. Pillars of Eternity was so fucking boring and generic that it makes Neverwinter Nights 2 look like the pinnacle of experimental narrative and character writing

Bioware's last good game was agreed to be Mass Effect 2 though I'll personally say KOTOR. Given how they can't even make games that their modern fanbase likes e.g. Mass Effect Andromeda and Anthem. How the fuck could I trust them with the sequel to BG2?

Beamdog molests the games they "remaster" by adding garbage, if they could without backlash they would have made The Nameless One a genderqueer pansexual that has sex with everything all whilst waving rainbow flags around.

Larian is better than those studios

You're about 44 years too fucking late given that mindflayers first appeared in D&D in 1975.

what about numenera and pillars? Everybody think they're shit

Except they have a point. Look at the retards on Yea Forums that complain about Pillars of Eternity 1.
>reeeeeee this game has too much dialogue, I just skip it
>what the fuck is happening with the story, I don't understand anything, what the fuck is an eothas and what the fuck is an animancer and what the fuck is a watcher

>Hebrew
ogosh

can u send me a qt jewish gf

fucking BASED AND REDPILLED

Attached: 1435207685068.jpg (1920x1080, 120K)

Stranger Things is more relevant than Boomers & Dragons now grandpa

There's nothing hard about your baby tier rpg.

Game looks like shit

Sup Josh

A game set in the Dungeons & Dragons multiverse features a monster that has been in the Dungeons & Dragons multiverse ever since 1975. You fucking zoomers are idiots

based studio, taking the genre to new heights

>tfw enjoyed Deadfire a lot more when I told half the cast to fuck off and refuse to recruit them, plus Blood Pool'd Pallegina in the history creator

Yeah retards on Yea Forums are more like

>I don’t care about the story
>Any writing more than one line at a time is purple prose
>Everything must be presented to me up front

Ok, I'm out of the loop.
I though both of these games were made by the same developer. What gives?

>get the point across
vs
>take eons to describe every fucking pointless little detail like an autist and force the player to shift through a massive bloated wall of text trying to pinpoint the things that actually have any significance

>I though both of these games were made by the same developer.

Nope.

I don't have a horse in this race BUT Larian Studios logo is also super fucking cringe

>not doing a duo fighter playthrough with Broder

You are the equivalent of people defending objective markers on FPS games.

Pillars of eternity was fucking garbage though

Honestly I replayed Pillars 1 recently and the exposition dumps aren't nearly as common as people say they are. The old woman in Chapter 1 sure, but after that I don't remember any other until Chapter 2.

>Hebrew
Imagine being this retarted

Has any of you retards even played Planescape: Torment?

Some npcs particularly innkeepers will lore dump if you ask them to but yes PoE being purple prose is a bad meme.

Oh user, you misunderstand, Eder and Aloth are my niggas, they always come along. The "half" is characters like Tekehu and Maia. My Deadfire team is Eder, Aloth, Ydwin, and unfortunately as much as I want to kick her off the team, Xoti because I need some healing.

Based and DIV:OS2 is better than 1

Attached: 1550089713159.jpg (558x640, 118K)

can't you recruit generic characters in this game anymore?

OS1 is still a good game but is a very different game. OS1 is more of a DnD parody while OS2 is a more straightforward DnD style game.

>"""""""played"""""""
Was there a game somewhere?

>American education

pull up the archieves
I remember tons of Yea Forumstards being stuck on the first island

I tried to play poe at least 5 times and got bored every time within the first 10 hours. I guess the game just isn't for me. I hate the combat system.

Bioware's last good game was dragon age origins and obsidian's last good game was fallout new vegas desu.

Yeah, but Xoti has some exclusive skills to her Harvester of Gaun class. Unless they added that to the character creation.

Ah yes, the rarely discussed and forgotten gem known as Planescape: Torment

Not much, just the best RPG ever made in videogame form.

Pillars 2 actually fixes the combat by adding in AI controls to do the micro for you. If they ever remake 1 using 2's gameplay, give it a try. But yeah, Pillars 1's gameplay is a bit of a slog.

Yes and comparing Obsidian's recent work to PST is an insult because PST's writing is actually interesting despite having even more text than Pillars of Eternity's banal garbage

have sex

Attached: ktdNZQk.jpg (960x635, 146K)

Isn't RPGcodex just a Yea Forums with namefags?

>*dabs on Obsidian*.
>*dabs on Bioware*.
>*dabs on RPGcodex*
That's not hard, really. All you have to do is not to be a total faggot.
>*dabs on Beamdog*
Not really.

Why is no one hype for the new Obsidiware game?

Attached: 1545407863174.jpg (900x900, 1.13M)

this user knows

fuck off retard, they don't even make rpgs

>no romanceable NPCs
How is this a bad thing?
That shit was cringe as fuckin in every single game, culminating on Mass Effect's cringe singularity.

I enjoyed DivOS1 but DivOS2 is a serious upgrade on every front imo
But understand your point.

>people wanting rtwp
fucking why

No romance is good in this case, their romance writer is an IRL cuck that put cuck romances into Deadfire.

the codex does not like dos1 writing, though

>when it came out
You must understand user, before DAO release, crpg genre was pretty much dead.

Ah, in terms of gameplay DoS2 is a massive improvement, yeah, I was looking more at the tone and presentation.

RPGCodex is a much better forum than this meme-infested shity board will ever be.

Divinity OS2 Sucked dick the armor and stats systems were fucking aids

BG3 won't be good either since it's running in babbys first rpg system 5e

because massacring a party of goblins shouldn't be a coordinated tactical cooperation of 6 adventurers

>NO IT'S NEEDS TO BE OVERLY LONG AND BORING THATS HOW REAL GAMES WERE MADE

I have no idea why they pushed the armor system so hard when they couldn't really make it fun and will probably scrap it next game anyway.

Not like there are shitload of crpg releasing nowadays. Also DA:O had competition with 7 games that year IIRC

Why would you post soemthing that makes you look like a retard with no attention spam?

Just mod it out

I liked it, made you use different damage types based on the enemies.
i had two magic armor attackers and two regular armor attackers. the two that weren't optimized for the encounter would just CC and heal/support.

it wont be a total 1 to 1 translation of 5e they said

But shit like that is what makes RTwP so awful sometimes, trash mobs are the worst. What's the point of shitty trash mobs that you auto-attack through? Hell, one of the biggest complains Obsidian got was "please stop with the trash mobs" when they released Pillars.

*dabs on own playerbase with an update but no saves are transferable*

Were you trying to reply to yourself

Because again you're the retard who compares having overblown texts to being a ADHD crackhead who needs fps markers. Learn the rules of writing first before you make stupid posts.

Just give DR for that shit

It's a solution to a problem that has NEVER existed in DND

>doubles down on being a retard
Ok honey.
Next you will say some game has retarded math homework when you see 1+1 in it.

That's even worse. Larian showed they have no idea how to make a functional RPG with divos2 I don't want them altering 5e

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
It's literally just bioshock.

Don't lump futurama in with new age cuck shit you creitn

thats the joke dipshit

This Futurama was good

Even worse because they're going to ruin casting to their MMO style cool down shit

i think they have oversight from wizards so they cant go too crazy. they will just reduce the miss rates and stuff like that

Roll checks are even more aids, I'm glad they changed it.

>Reduce miss rates
>In 5e that has bounded accuracy so it's impossible to miss anyways

its not impossible to miss in 5e are you retarded

>t.Obsidian CEO

Based.

>start to

Attached: popular things on 4chan.jpg (600x1125, 225K)

I agree with the turn based one.
Fuck (((real time)))
It's just a shortcut for not putting real tactics in the game and just making it a grindfest where you have to fight a million enemies to progress one bit.

>what is the point of trash mobs
Flavor? Resource Taxing before a big fight?

Compared to other editions the hit rate in 5e for point buy characters is stable 60%

In glad you're too retarded to read hyperbole though. 5e is made for chumps Like you.

How is real time Jewish again, friend?

That's even worse than turn-based. I'd gladly take turn-based if it got rid of mindless trash mob fights.

I agree with this, one of BGs problems was its encounter design. SoD actually fixes this somehow

People who say they're fans of the BG series while at the same time complaining about RTWP are not fans at all.

Attached: heretic.jpg (1920x1080, 1.15M)

>flavor is retarded in a story driven rpg
Epic simply epic. Death to OSbabies

>Linux version?

Asking the important questions.

what exactly is based about them? I got divinity 2 ego draconis after seeing some good reviews but a 2h setup btfo's literally everything. Even the final dragon flying segment can easily be done without spending any points on trash dragon shit

>a bunch of random wolves or goblins
>"flavor"
>story"

That's not half bad ... but did they bring back the "L-L-LARIAAAAAN" intro guy?

I like BG games a lot but I wished they were turn based and/or had better encounter design many times. Though if BG3 is turn based or rtwp doesn't matter much to me, I don't dislike rtwp enough to skip the game
If it were something like Witcher however

And you resort strawmanning
I gotta say it took you a bit longer than i expected but still throughly impressed that you can't hold an actual conversation that doesn't devolve into personal insults. You really are a proud member of RPG Codex

imagine being Beamdog right now

Yes user. A wilderness is going to have wolves. Not everything becomes a world ending threat

Epic dragon fights are meaningless if that's all the fights you're going to have with no character progression at all. Where do you even get the xp to level if not from "trash mobs" anyway?

It was a joke about how everything retards dislike is the fault of da jooz somehow

A lot of people played BG for the story and companions though.

>coping this hard
I see you are used to this.

It's still a bad system since it encourages brainless play. I'd gladly take a bunch of turn-based encounters with a proper setting rather than waves and waves of random mooks.

I don't know what to tell you man, you look like a reteard when you see well written text and claim its a wall of text.

Based.

Attached: 1516335056_Sebille.jpg (1458x2000, 313K)

>I was looking more at the tone and presentation.
Yea I'd say 2 is a bit more serious on it's approach.
But they both have some amount of parody.

Even if it was a complete port of 5th or 3.5 rules. The gronards would still be unpleased.

Attached: codex_mob.png (241x148, 34K)

agreed

What game?

Attached: 1559849140162.png (289x463, 114K)

>Torment, Wasteland 3
:)
>HZD, D3
:(

what a rollercoaster

Good portfolio. Cool profile. Is there any concern here?

>people here actually think thrash mobs are good gameplay design

jesus fuck, do they have stockholm syndrome with oldschool games or something?
you can have minor encounters that still provide enough uniqueness to not be thrash mobs, it's what Larian has been doing in OS2

and you have 2 ways of solving the "there's wolves in the forest"
1 is to have the player kill every wolf in existence 3 at a time in a mindless grind
2 is to have a singular encounter with a wolf pack where you are at least somewhat challenged

the second is better gameplay AND better flavor as while the wilderness does have wolves, having more than 1 pack in a 50 mile radius is completely unrealistic

>be David Gaider
>know that your best years are behind you
>know that you’ve burned every bridge in the industry
>try to recapture your former glory by rehashing your oldest work
>form a studio designed to eventually do just that
>try courting WoTC with remastered editions of BG
>it works, they’re now interested in making BG3
>make some actual OC without piggybacking off a superior product
>hated so much that wizards NTR you for Larian

Attached: 4E44E6FC-F647-47DE-B08C-33357B707F40.jpg (300x244, 41K)

i wouldn't change bg but i'd be happy for 3 to be tb

He actually left Beamdog the same year Larian started working on BG3
For all we know, he might be working on it

Unless someone forces him to take that toupee off, I hope not. The more he wears it the worse he gets.
I remember back when he accepted being bald that he worked for free to make the ascension mod, simply because he felt fans deserved more.

Games that seethe grogs are usually good.

*is the same kind of shit game company*
like what kind of boomer fuck pretends any of these studios could shart out a worthwhile game? larian writing is a joke, the world building is a joke, the gameplay is garbage, art style is rubbish. Just let the genre die even that BG cinematic trailer was a dogpile OMG LIZARD PEOPLE never been done before!! lmao, absolute reddit tastes

Attached: 1558868858584.gif (268x268, 1.41M)

I set it to pause after every turn

Inquisitor. It's very monotone though.

>please no gnomish turnip salesmen telling stories about his crazy extended family

Please include this

too infrequent imo, characters will stand around for a second or 2. i like to pause, give orders, unpause and pause instantly, give more orders etc

Here's a comprehensive list of facts you cannot dispute

-Larian can't write worth a shit
-Larian's humor is complete garbage and unfunny "lol so randumb" bullshit
-Larian is an SJW company like the average western company. They promote faggotry of all types, down to the romance choices and the sexualization of the characters of note you can't romance. Note that I'm not saying this is a bad thing, I'm merely stating it's a fact that some people like to conveniently forget.
-Full voice acting is a waste of budget
-The voiced narrator is cringe
-The *do action* shit is cringe and I'm gonna laugh my ass off if they're retarded enough to put that garbage in Baldur's Gate 3
-Larian fans have no reason whatsoever to feel happy for the fact that Larian is making Baldur's Gate 3. They spent all of their time building their own setting with its own lore and universe, and the second they got the chance to go get some higher name notoriety for more Jew bucks, they took it. The average Baldur's Gate boomer grognard is gonna hate this shit due to lack of RTwP, a shittier D&D system, not a true sequel to the previous two games, and many other reasons. Meanwhile, the more entrenched Larian fans are staring at their masters working on the shackles of someone else's license, just like how Obsidian had to do back in the day ("No, no, no, you can't have an ending where you kill this character, that wouldn't fit with our tabletop books"). Larian has been cucked into wasting their development resources for someone else's property and they gladly do this just so they can get more shekels, whereas Obsidian ran away from that shit because it took away their creative liberty
-Pillars of Eternity 1 and 2 were great, if flawed, games and much better than any recent Larianigger shit
-Tyranny was still garbage, though
Thank you for reading.

t. Obsidianchad

Attached: 1560092904850.gif (478x318, 227K)

*obliterated by Owlcat*

Attached: catowl[1].jpg (362x424, 22K)

considering how many ways there are to exploit combat and stealth mechanics with the right party load out this is likely bullshit

At least someone has taste.

based

revisionist, os2 was hard on release for a lot of people. i played the beta and on release i was in a ton of threads helping people who were struggling even on normal difficulty.

In my opinion, Pillars and Divinity are both shit. Pic related might be one of the better crpgs I played in the last 10 years. Kind of sad. Zero faith in Larian. I’m sure most of the dialogue will be cringe comedy.

Attached: 9892971B-4355-41A7-9662-14C779FAA0E4.jpg (220x308, 27K)

Dumb nigger

I loved both PF:KM and DivOS2 but though Pillars was really meh.

Attached: download (1).png (868x612, 1.12M)

ive never played baldurs gate but i have the games, is it worth going through them before 3 drops?

I'm playing through 1 right now and it's pretty meh. 3 isn't going to be directly connected to the story of BG 1-2 so it's not necessary. You should probably give them a try anyway.

Sebille a cute!

Attached: _358_sebille__divinity_original_sin_2__by_cutesexyrobutts_dcncltw.png (1000x1800, 1.83M)

Attached: 1519892976818.png (1226x706, 738K)

The only bad game I can name from them was Dragon Commander, and I feel like that was more of an experiment than anything else.

Is there any fan art that isn't shit

>People actually want turn based
Next you'll tell me the want that fucking disgusting cartoon shit artstyle from Divinity as well.

This gets posted all the time but there's literally nothing wrong with this

Bless this post

*dabs on good writing*
*dabs on good humor*
*dabs on smartly made rule system*

i didnt say there was anything wrong, if anything its right

Attached: 1505892376647.gif (412x304, 2.79M)

>hating on cutesexyrobutts
The butts are cute and sexy user.

boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/Here's a comprehensive list of facts you cannot dispute/

Attached: here's your reply.jpg (400x400, 54K)

are you serious you think that's good? she looks like a bimbo dude stop posting

I don't see a butt in that post. Maybe that would've saved it.

Kingmaker Enhanced Edition is shit, New hybrid classes only add Slayer.

Well she was before she gained 40 lbs for this picture.

basado

>please don't make it silly and lighthearted
Because the original was so grimdark, right
>GO FOR THE EYE BOO, GO FOR THE EYES!
This is you brain on nostalgiagoggles

Seriously when does BG get good, I'm at the Cloakwood Mines about to face Davaeorn and haven't really had any moments that made me care much about the world.

Nostalgia goggles implies these people have actually played it. Like FF7 it’s a game many have absorbed a degree of information via osmosis but never actually got even half way through.

if you don't like it by then you probably could just rush to the end and start 2. i love 1, i find it mega comfy

The main thing people like about bg1 is low level adventure and feel of exploring wilderness. I wouldn't just drop it now though, you might like the city and some of the quests there more
Also Durlag's Tower is one of my fav dungeons in rpgs, even if you chose to rush the main quest, do Durlag's Tower imo

I'll laugh when Obsidian closes down. Fuckers deserve it for Ydwin. Fucking Obsidian cucks.

>hating on big tiddy elves

DOS2 wasn't bad, just kinda boring from a plot standpoint and the armor system was bad, however, It was still fun

DivOS2 was my first crpg.
This game is gonna go in my top 10 of all time I enjoyed it alot

Attached: 1518505862546.jpg (540x540, 56K)

I mean dos2 had trash mobs as well ill play either way but i like not pausing the game to have a 10 minute turn based fight against everything i pull

PoE was my first but DOS2 is way better than that shit gameplay of PoE

Dilate

That's nice. Glad you enjoyed it, user.

no way dude, you carve through a dozen gnolls in 5 seconds with blood chunks spraying everywhere, it was sick and very fast if they were easy mobs

t. Incel
Romances are kino

Pretty much, yeah.
In fact most of the shitposters in J/WRPG threads come from there.
>In my opinion, Pillars and Divinity are both shit.
True
>Pic related might be one of the better crpgs I played in the last 10 years
>RTwP
>D&D based, Pathfinder at that
>Anything but trash
Opinion discarded

OH SHITTT PC SHOW IS ABOUT TO START AND WE MIGHT SEE BALDUR'S GATE 3

Attached: DDe9jmjXYAAaPQ2.jpg (646x595, 42K)

no it's not, there's the vr one for an hour first

Romance is the least interesting form of fiction imaginable.

t. rejected beta orbiter that couldn't click the right options

Same with Tyranny desu

>orbiting women
I thought this was an /r9k/ meme until I saw it IRL.

Poor bait

Happy for you fren

Nice pasta

>Larianbaby cant handle rtwp and real character systems
color me surprised

I'm a little bit excited but also worried because DOS was little more than a test ground for a play mechanic which relied WAY WAY too much on status effects and AOE. It felt like they've been wanting to sell their mechanic for a D&D liense for some years. The games have literally no story worth remembering and the setting is pure fucking shit. PoE at least tried to get some interesting stuff in there, but failed and became a snorefest.

thanks friends

Attached: umadonaweekend.gif (288x216, 426K)

>tfw people are still enjoying their first rpgs despite everything else going to shit

Attached: 4DF30D08-7C70-4151-BB8E-FA5ADCDED787.jpg (304x500, 28K)

>relied WAY WAY too much on status effects and AOE
This is also true for BGs

Perhaps, although DOS built their complete game around it. 5e D&D does not rely on these at all.

Can't they have both? Choice sounds good to me.

The encounter designs are very different. Though with how big BG3 project is Larian might be able to do that

The combo’s are just as important. And the combos’ aren’t just status effects and AOE: Rapture tendons+teleport, decay+reverse healing effects, enrage spell which increases damage for every HP missing+the spell which lets you not dies for a few turns and so on.
You can do plenty of cool shit in this game.

The gameplay footage they have shown was not very good/did not show good parts.

>aren’t just status effects
Ah I meant elemental CC statuses of course.

Tell me that doesnt have VO.

>Eder and Aloth are my niggas

Y'know, that was exactly what I thought as well, even though I couldn't finish PoE because it was too fucking boring.

Those two were best of bros.

>not wanting to hear an old man with a high pitched voice describe fellatio
Look at this faggot.

Should I play baldurs gate?

>please don't make it silly and light hearted

That's a legitimate concern, BG has particular atmosphere to it. I remember the fan-fic tier writing in the beginning of Divinity 2 and desu I think the IP is a bit more than Larian can handle, but then I can't think of anyone else that'd be up to par either.

SEETHING TRRANIIES

Yes
It's a good game

I'm not saying you can't, but it's less about actual tactics and more about combining statuses and aoe effects for fun. D&D 5e is a lot more about positioning and action economy. Also, there's the issue of the story.

Sure. It's a fun game, lots of comfortable low-level questing, some interesting characters, and a few tricky bits to keep you interesting. If you like it, you might play the sequel as well - you can even import your character from the first game.

How does it compare to other RPGs like planescape torment and Arcanum?

Using CHARNAME instead of "Gorion's Ward" is huge faggotry btw

It's not as dialogue or plot-heavy compared to Planescape, and due to being a lower-level game, it doesn't get quite as nuts as either in terms of combat, but it's still pretty enjoyable. There's a lot to do across the Sword Coast.

The first baldurs gate is kind of bad, but its worth going through to get to BG2 which is God-tier and on par with PS:T

Better game mechanics than Planescape (even though they are both 2e. BG feels nicer to play). Less wordy too.

Arcanum is, eh, they are different. Arcanum isn't bad, but is mad jank. BG is less mad jank

Where did Deadfire go wrong? I didn't follow it when it's kickstarter was up.

>>uses CHARNAME
>man
>>uses "Gorion's Ward"
>woman
this is a fact

You faggots argue too much back and forth and overcomplicate stuff - it's easy: if they add modern hip quirk things the game will suck. if not, it will be great. those "quirky" things can be objectively and finite listed so subjective is out of the question and they are not equal to innovation.

Played some Baldur's Gate for the first time today. This RTWP is fucking cancer and I don't understand how you can tolerate it.

How about I innovate my dick up your ass, faggot?

based

Attached: 36970487_1999752753390155_4089474392449351680_n.png (785x757, 106K)

go dilate, abomination

have sex

fucking zoomers

I guess you have to grow up playing RTS to appreciate how great RTwP is. It combines the speed of combat from RTS with the relaxing playstyle of TB. All the advantages and none of the downsides. But contemporary-gen fucking brainlets can't into anything that requires them to keep track of more than one thing right in front of their face at a time.

dilate and stop samefagging

>walk into bar in baldurs gate 2
>detect hidden fires off a wall
>check behind it
>lich insta gibs me
wow that was stupid as fuck, what kinda devs hide a lich in the newb area?

Attached: 1558400284200.jpg (708x404, 83K)

BG3 will be turn based keep seething.

I did grow up with RTS games, but I don't gookclick like you do.

Larian just panders to braindead people, it's not a case their games are loved by people who are new to the genre.

Best part about that encounter is, iirc in the chest near that lich there is a longsword that either
destroys undead on hit while allowing for save
has an ability that does great aoe damage to undead and blinds them
I don't remember which. So if you can just grab that fast you can kill him there easily

cope

>Larian Studdios
>Dabbing on anything
How far Yea Forums has come

/pol/tards get real angry when they see a gay or trans person in games
Also the new game seems kinda janky. Only looks like a slightly better version of New Vegas, Not that I play Obsidian games for the amazing gameplay tho. I still have faith in them.

it's funny because BG2 is way more braindead in gameplay than OS2

Help, help.
I reinstalled Original Sin 2 and I can't decide between playing as Red Prince, Lohse or Fane.

Attached: nicrage.png (282x376, 208K)

The Red Prince or a tanky custom. The protagonist should be a warrior type.

>The protagonist should be a warrior type.
Why?

How much do you lose out on by making your own character?
Is there enough variable content to justify two playthroughs so you try all companions' side stories?

Obsidiots on life support.

you get a generic custom ability if you make your own character. Some of the companion default abilties are pretty nice.

yikes

Far as I know, customs don't have their own side story to pursue. All of the Origin characters have side stories that range from extremely tied to the main quest or absolutely neglible.

Fane and Lohse are the closest tied to the main story.
Ifan is tied pretty heavily to some of the main story in relation to Alexander.
Red Prince, Sebille and Beast are just kind of there.

I was thinking more in the line of story or dialogue.

there is a lot of dialog to pour thru in the side stories if you are also the protagonist.

Attached: 1560107552887.jpg (640x628, 55K)

It's poo runes you cumchugger.

I ain't playing through the game that many times.

This. BG always had a comedic flair.
I hope it's rtwp, though.

*dabs on people who hate rtwp*

It's fun.

>BALDUR'S GATE GAMEPLAY AT PC GAMING SHOW
BALDUR'S GATE GAMEPLAY AT PC GAMING SHOW

Although keep in mind you're also missing out on a lot of character dialog if you're playing as them instead of having them as a companion.

Despite all the infighting between Obsidibots and Larianiggers, most of the games posted here are pretty good - if they weren't then nobody would be arguing. We'd just be taking turns shitting on them. I'm just happy crpgs are making a return.

Comedic elements in a relatively dark setting is what keeps in from being grimdark. That's BG and BG2. Divinity is not that. Divinity is a comedic game with some dark elements to try to keep it from getting stale within 5 minutes, which is failed to do.

Tell me you retards understand the difference.

Attached: ebd3fd6c3b9c4d5f89a230c7bbf3dd18.jpg (480x474, 24K)

>will there be gay chars
Fucking why are faggots so important to have to put them everywhere

>How much do you lose out on by making your own character?
You only lose the personal storyline from one of the premades. It's not that big of a deal, it won't affect the main story.

>humor didn't exist in the dark ages

Attached: 1560183659290.jpg (260x285, 64K)

>Playing the no flavour class
Bards>>>Wizards>rogues>Paladins>Druids>archer>warrior

Is this the tic toc guy or whatever people joke about that Larian should make into an enemy like level 1 obsiadiandrone or something.

I like the armor system for beeing anti CC but magic and physical armor beeing different doesnt work

blatantly untrue.
Balancing spells and how to resist them is an issue in DnD.
"Save or suck" and so on. And alpha striking is notoriously strong in many editions.

>he doesn't know

no, I am from Yea Forums and I like them

dilate

Maybe I'll just go with Dwarf for those big titties.
Red Prince, Lohse/Sebille, Fane for companions?
I'll miss Ifan but he's pretty boring desu.

>being a bard in bg2
>stand around and press 1 button
>run away from melee classes
>die to archers
how useful!

Attached: 1560102479869.jpg (1023x682, 139K)

Goblin Slayer wants to have a word with you.

you lose out on being able to do 4 stories but there are six people you can recruit so you're doing two play throughs either way if you want all the char stories to be done. The fights are all the same throughout the game as long as you do both play throughs on the same difficulty, the real replayability come from the differing classes that you can be and there is MORE than enough for three to four play thoughs imo

They were the DARK ages for a reason dummy

Attached: BIG.png (705x627, 723K)

we complain about SJW text and shitty character design, tranny. Oh yeah, a shit combat.

it's a good visual novel and yes, I have played it.

>I guess you have to grow up playing RTS to appreciate how great RTwP is
I grew up playing RTS and it gave me a deeper understanding of how shitty rtwp is.

Attached: lel.png (775x709, 109K)

they are about to show BG3 bro...........

Attached: 1559079316426.jpg (501x501, 14K)

Attached: baitgelion.png (827x1050, 219K)

Attached: 1556711593696.png (1883x307, 162K)

Dwarf girls with big hair are cute.

>mass effect 2 was good
Those people are wrong

>there are wolves in the forest.
>this means that you will encounter 12 pack of wolves while tracking to a cave
>these 12 packs of wolves will conssit of 10 wolves each and mindlessly attack you and be easily dispatched
>you absolutley will not be stalked by one pack of wolves and ambushed while crossing a river
you are a fucking brainlet.
Its not flavorfull to artificially inflate the ammount of encounters when the same flavor could be better fulfilled by a smaller but more nuanced number of encounters.

Based Deadfire purging Larianiggers

fucking soooooooon fren

If this shit ends up being full turn-based with no RTwP option, I'm gonna laugh at Larianiggers defending this garbage while pretending they're also Baldur's Gate fans and totally care about the franchise.

SEETHING

Attached: raugh.jpg (686x558, 46K)

Nah fuck you I’m unironically wishing for it to beturn-based.

>Actually wanting RTwP with DnD rulesets in fucking 2019

Attached: 354829857293345345.jpg (682x900, 176K)

that's a fire windmill

it's 100% gonna be tb and i can't wait to see the salt

They said it was turn-based, didn't they?

>I-i-i'm s-s-so h-happy that based Larian is working on a new B-B-Baldur's G-Gate, t-that's t-t-totally what I wanted, I've b-been waiting for this f-f-for decades :')
>UGH, REAL TIME WITH PAUSE? CRINGE, WHO WOULD LIKE THAT SHIT? GOD, CAN YOU IMAGINE HAVING TO PLAY A VIDEO GAME LIKE THAT!?
Very believable.

Attached: 1506439015811.png (802x729, 323K)

Cope

rent free

It's so obvious that Larianiggers have no passion whatsoever for Baldur's Gate and are basically just going along with this shit because they have no other choice and Larian is working on nothing else. All their time invested in the Divinity setting and the second they get a chance to work for licensed shit, they take it.

Original Sin 2 sold a bazillion copies and they still shot it in the head and put it in a ditch. You were absolutely cucked out and you have no choice but to pretend you're a big Baldur's Gate fan now to keep up appearances.

>Larian is working on nothing else
They are literally working on Divinity Fallen Heroes though.

I'm hoping Larian surprises us and actually goes for a RTwP mode. Or better, we get a choice! Deadfire pulled it off.

>love bg since the age of 6
>love divinity os1,2
>random online fag tells me how i actually feel
kys

I really should play PoEs sometime. I want to see how they managed this

>love bg since the age of 6
Were you one of these fags?

no, phoneposting so cbf giving proof though

They'll just blame it on zoomers instead of realizing how much of a contrarian shithole this trash ass board is

I agree.
Also how'd they get away with this?

Attached: uhhhhh.png (402x681, 447K)

Did it trigger you that much obsicuck?

Then I believe you. I'm sure you're hoping this turns out to be RTwP. Let's hope they deliver.

i'd be totally happy with either tb or rtwp, why's that so hard to get. both have pros and cons. i trust larian to make a fun game while remaining true to bg fans, i don't envy their job

Well, she was in a shipwreck - it's pretty damn cold in the ocean.

>it HAS to be rwtp because infinity games were
>but infinity games don't have to follow the same combat system as goldbox games

this is me, i don't hope for either, whatever they wanna do is fine. bg will always be there if the new one sucks

A Baldur's Gate 3 that is set 100 years later on a different D&D version that doesn't even do the token gesture of having a similar combat system is pretty kikey. Why even call it for Baldur's Gate 3? It's transparently just an attempt to ride the series' notoriety.

Baldur's Gate is a new series from the Goldbox games. This, on the other hand, is still trying to pretend it's in the same series as the RTwP games. So yeah, it better have RTwP or this is kike shit.

> Implying Futurama also didn't have cuckshit
The later seasons were full of it and anyone who says otherwise is a retard.

The problem with PoE isn't that it has long dialogue. The problem is that it has long, repetitive, monotonous exposition and description and not enough dialogue.

>gender bender
>bender wins male robot bending competition by dressing as a girl
it was based af, i didn't watch past season 5 tho, the movies were shit

>There are people out there that DON'T want a tall lizard gf

Attached: 208220.gif (500x259, 2.77M)

That explains a lot, Futurama's writing went to shit after they got dumped by Fox.

>Why even call it for Baldur's Gate 3?
Because it's features the city of Baldur's Gate and is a sequel to an official module apparently.

custom lizards get that fucking OP defense bubble, i loved it first time tgrough as a lizard lady mage

Was it a sequel or a prequel? I know that there's a new module coming out for 5e where you end up going to Hell, but is it before or after that?

Are they gonna show anything is this E3?

>Prevent Wizards of the Coast intervention (no to political...
Only ever played DND casually with a bunch of friends, so idk anything about the community and WOTC- what is talking about politics?

Apparently the guy that kidnapped Mike Mearls said that there wouldn't be any new information on the game at E3.

This. Larians constant "humour" is weak.

I normally don't care about this shit but WotC has gotten comically bad in the last few years. Like you don't even have to hire diversity officers anymore, they just replaced everyone with ultra-liberals and dissenting opinions get you permabanned and blacklisted.

There was a thing in one of the 5e books that elves with Corellon Larethian's blessing can change their gender. Maybe that's what they're mad about?

>The two best companions in OS2 are unbearably smug
I hope theres less of this in BG3.

It has nothing to do with the D&D department, it's specifically the MtG department that's gotten really bad. It started by banning turbospergs like Jeremy Hambly and most people were okay with that but it's way worse now.

When the fuck did they add more faces and hairs?
Last time I played DE these didn't exist.
Now theres like 3-5 extra faces for each race and gender.

Attached: fsdgdfgd.png (404x693, 446K)

Fairly recently - they added new options for all the races.

Well fuck.
I might roll a qt lizard instead of a big titty dwarf then.
God damnit I didn't need more reasons to be indecisive about every single aspect of the game, Larian.

Attached: autism.png (620x888, 1.13M)

>want to reinstall os2
>35 gb
>steam decide to be slow as fuck

Attached: Dac.jpg (601x601, 106K)

Oh. Well, what the hell does that have to do with anything? If Larian was making a Ravnica game or something, maybe they'd have reason to be upset over something, but they're not even talking to the same people.

At least she has pretty horns.

I wasn't the one who brought it up, but there are legitimate arguments about WotC being fucked. That said, like we both said it doesn't seem to be affecting the D&D side, only the card games.

>there are legitimate arguments about WotC being fucked
Meh, when have they not been cunts before? It'd be just one more layer of shit.

>he uninstalled os2
its like you hate yourself or something user

Attached: 1421986679395.gif (236x177, 1.21M)

He needs space for porn and shitty wojak edits.

Is there a mod for the itemization and scaling?
Also how do you make money in this without playing a murderhobo?

Which game are you even talking about?

OS2

Aragorn has boneitis

Attached: BG3 teaser.webm (960x410, 2.98M)

RPGCodex has an even worse /pol/ infestation, and its empowered by their post tagging system.
I posted something in an abortion thread, and I got 2 people stalking me and rating my posts retarded in unrelated video game threads. Every post I make is "downvoted" immediately by people who barely ever discuss video games to begin with.
And they are even more paranoid about any little thing being SJW and thus cancelling the whole game with its existence.

Its Yea Forums with the bad stuff turned up to 11.

Lizard ladies were quite pretty

Didn't they spend years taking the piss out of the Grimoire guy for all the crazy stuff he's said?

>waah the mean codexer bullied me

fuck off infinitron

Yes, but there are also unironic sincere genuine supporters of his, who will insist urgently that that type of game is the only real RPG and what we here would call classical cRPG in the Infinity Engine is just a cucked RPG. The real RPGs are blobbers.
Lots of weirdos there, and the permanent accounts, as well as the little badges they give each other, make it intolerable.

Predictable post, and obviously not what I wrote. Back to the Codex with you.

It's also full of unaware mongs who started taking Cleve seriously and now unironically believe Grimoire to be a good game because people were sarcastically claiming it'd be the greatest thing ever just to move Cleve.

I bet you have a retarded little badge

I bet you stalk people, and bring up shit from one thread to another, debating the account rather than the post. This is the cancer that all forums share.

Attached: rating_retarded.png (20x20, 1K)

>positioning and action economy
come on.
5E is about wizard make problem go away.
Have you ever played a barbarian in 5E? You hit things, they die. the only time ina fight where you do somehting else but hit thing is when you rage.
>Positioning
only if you play with miniatures which most people dont, and even then, you need to pay huge feat tax for opportuntiy attacks to actually pay off since you only get one otherwise.
Which means that you cannot realy stop a horde of kobolds running past you.
So this realy only works if you are fighting one big enemy, and those tend to have breaht attacks or something of the like.
We are talking 5E here, not 4E.
Meanwhile, in OS2, opportunity attacks are not limited, meaning that battlefield presence is far more important.
Also you gain a bonus to damage and range from high ground, making positioning for ranged characters more important.
TO say that OS2 has no tactics but stacking statuses is downright ridiculous.
SOME of those tactics are about combining status effects.
Others are about positioning such as when you wanna use Rallying Cry which requires to have your dudes close togehter, which of course makes you AoE bait and thus you have to disable the enemy mages first.
Not to mention that almost all spells have friendly fire.

I thought the hosts brain was completely gone and devoured by the parasite. Wouldn't make sense that he's looking at his hand in horror and surprised to be coughing up blood and teeth.

Nigger if the controlls actually played like an RTS then it would be better.
but for some reason all those DnD games were too afraid to implement proper RTS controlls.

Especialy NWN2 had absolutley no fucking excuse to make it work as clunky as it did.

RTWPoopers need to play Rage of Mages and see what an actual skill intensive real time RPG is like.

That sounds fun 2bh

Red Prince or Lohse depending on your style.
Fane should not be your MC in your first playthrough since hes a walking spoiler if you paly as him.

Red Prince and Lohse are probably the two best MC options that "feel right" for the protagonist.
With Lohse you lose a lot of her story if you dont play her.
With Red prince you also lose a lot, but on the flipside hes also bro tier as an NPC.
However, if you play Lohse you lose out on romancing her.

so realy its up to you. I personally think Red Prince is the better pick because you get to call people peasants and he feels right at home at beeing a tank chad who throws shields at people till they die.
Ifan imo is the lamest of the bunch. Beast was boring but got improved aperently.
my go to party is Red Prince, Lohse, Sebille and fane

*dabs on Larianiggers*

Attached: pathfinder.png (1552x873, 1.99M)

>not having multiple Teras for your porn and memes hidden away

Attached: 1425020822173.jpg (540x960, 65K)

Obsidiots and Larianiggers sperging at each other is just to pass the time till we get actual gameplay.

I'm guessing that they figured out a new way to do ceremorphosis, or at least reduce the time between introducing the tadpole and completing the physical transformation. It would explain why they're suddenly invading the surface when they've typically stayed hidden in the Underdark as much as possible - normally, it takes a good long while before a new illithid develops their psionic abilities to a useful point, but if they can raise mature, combat-ready mind flayers so quickly, they really don't have much reason to play it safe anymore.

Oh yeah, dont romance Red Prince unless you are into NTR

that logo is basically the kind of tone you will come to expect from bg3 under larian

>villain will do speech
>character responses:
>"like, WHATEVER, loser"
>"*fart*"
>"quick look there's a monster behind you!"
>"blah blah blah you sure like the sound of your own voice!"

Confirmed stalker, how low. Go downvote people who disagreed with you 5 months ago to get off, pathetic gremiln.

Yeah, RPGCodex is the most /pol/tarded vidya place I know. Even Yea Forums is more anti-/pol/ by comparison.
Their political sub-forum, in particular, is highly embarrassing.

Go dilate tranny

Im 90% sure that its one of those option
>Action Combat System simmilar to dragons dogma
>Turn based or RTWP toggle in the options
ITs gonna be RTWP cause Baldurs gate, but if its RTWP, they might aswell add a turn based option.
but from how sven is talking, im thinking they are going Action combat

I wish there had been a lady lizard Origin.
I hate missing out on an Origin, but I love their armor aesthetic designs. Shits the coolest looking armor in the game by a wide margin.

They said in an interview that this was just for the trailer.
For dramatic effect. Sven refered to it as accelerated ceremorphosis, but i dont think this is going to be a plot point in the game.

I'd be ok with that. That's basically what they wanted when they made it RTwP back in the day anyways. If it's turn-based only, though, Larian is getting my unbridled shitposting for the next couple of years.

Ah. Well, it was a pretty cool trailer, regardless.

RTWP in a nutshell:

98% of content:
>Barely bothered to use buffs or abilities
>Send entire party in to slaughter wave after wave of enemies

2% of content (the hard part):
>Stack an insane amount of buffs
>Pause once or twice to make a spell from your Wizard or cleric, everything else on auto
>Hope that the creatures don't get crits and position themselves properly
>Reload until proper combination of luck and buffs are achieved

Turn based in a nutshell:
>Maps are not littered with trash since they become tedious the moment you cant just steamroll over them with auto attacks
>Now we instead have interesting encounters with different compositions of enemies, ambushes, and other varying scenarios that need to be beat using different tactics
>Actually need to think strategically during most encounters

Attached: 1547443764450.jpg (563x503, 21K)

I don't disagree at all with what you're saying but I enjoy the real time with pause playstyle a lot more

I asked this before and was not met with an answer, this is a legit question albeit perhaps a dumb one: How do you handle XP progression without trash mobs?
Do you just shower the party with 100k XP after each highly tactical encounter?
Do you just gain XP by talking to NPCs?

Also BG2 had bandits and other various random encounters when you traveled on the map. Do you consider this a negative also?

This, I'm playing through BG for the first time and it's amazing how much trash fighting there is. I don't get how people complained so much about Pillars failing the recapture the same feel, because aside from some difference in systems both games are littered with dull trash fights out the ass.

>How do you handle XP progression without trash mobs?
>Do you just shower the party with 100k XP after each highly tactical encounter?
You don't need to have a zillion levels with massive power creep, and lack of trash fights doesn't mean lack of fights in general, just less of the boring filler ones and more carefully crafted fights.

i'm reading the words but they aren't registering. i literally never get bored of chunking hobgoblins and kobolds en masse. os2 needed more fights

>No gameplay
Not interested until they have something to show.

Obviously in a way so the normal player gets enough exp/levels to progress through the game at a smooth pace, the autist gets completely OP and the guy who can't be bothered gets fucked because why bother playing at all if you're not gonna see 90% of the content

>i literally never get bored of chunking hobgoblins and kobolds en masse
I can only deal with so much time spent passively staring at the screen hearing SPARE NO ONE.

Does that image implies 155 IQ is a sign of an intellectual?

it's my happy place. THE RIVERS RUN RED

Forcing turn-based doesn't sound terribly exciting for warriors and other front liners who will generally just be smacking at the nearest thing for all of their turns without regard for "strategy." I guess this explains why I keep hearing wizards are stupidly busted in 5E while martials are neutered? since turn-based caters to the latter while stripping the former of the fantasy of just being a dude mowing trash with his 2h sword.

Unironically true

Divinity solves this by giving both the main story quests and the longer/more hidden side quests a quite large amount of experience.

On harder difficulties, this essentially boils down to you having to scan the map out of as many hidden secrets and hard-to-find quests as possible. Mostly you do this by talking to NPCs and thoroughly scouting the dungeons for quest items and mobs or NPCs.

And like this guy said. I think you finish divinity 2 around level 18-22.

0/10
you're clueless about what you're talking about

>doesn't sound terribly exciting for warriors and other front liners who will generally just be smacking at the nearest thing for all of their turns
It worked fine for DOS even when you just smacked things instead of using man-at-arms skills.

Turn based in a nutshell:
98% of content:
>Barely bothered to use buffs or abilities
>take 10 times as long to finish any fight as you have to manually do basic shit that rtwp does automatically (also somehow makes you think you are being more strategic for some reason)

2% of content (the hard part):
>Stack an insane amount of buffs
>Hope that the creatures don't get crits and position themselves properly
>Reload every time you get crit or you miss as you have been quick saving every turn.

Actually DOS 2 had some serious issues with level up power creep, to the point where you end up going to a merchant to replace obsolete gear every time you level up and it gets really boring. So yeah the lack of leveling is definitely not an issue when leaving rtwp for tb.

"you do realize"
fucking hell, go back to gaydit fag

are they going to re-released the first 2 games now that they own the franchise?

would be nice to see a remastered collection without all the tranny shit beamdog put into it

updated my .txt

waste of time and effort they don't need remasters

this. its a slog to even replay but PS:T actually has a unique and intelligent story that focusses on the weight and consequences of ones actions. it deals with atonement and sin, without being retarded like MOTB's heavy handed aproach to that bit (loved MOTB tho).

Why do Larianiggers want to destroy the CRPG genre so badly?

I hope the engine is moddable so someone ports the first two games to them
Imagine BG1 and BG2 but turnbased

there's no confirmation that bg3 is turn-based
in fact it's unlikely to be turn-based

>no blue checkmark
>no pronouns
>no resist trump
fucking dropped!

Why does the guy on the logo have a plunger on his head

What is your first character going to be

Attached: illithid bard.png (394x500, 150K)

How would I know, before having seen gameplay, or know the plot, or seen the character creator, or know the combat system?

>He hasn't seen it yet

*AHEM* BALDUR'S GATE ENHANCED EDITION, BEAMDOG, SIEGE OF DRAGONSPEAR, MIZHENA.
consider this thread dead thanks.

I can't wait for BG3 EE 15 years from now!

Who cares if it was hard, it's soulless

>check out Wasteland 3 trailer
>it's quirky Rick & Morty style garbage

When will this fad die?