Yea Forums is seething about this years E3

>Yea Forums is seething about this years E3
>Not a single mention of Age of Empires 2 remaster

You fuckers don't deserve good games

youtube.com/watch?v=ZOgBVR21pWg

Attached: age-of-empires-2-definitive-edition.jpg (1920x1080, 946K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XUnimH7WcWU
youtube.com/watch?v=vH3-Gt7mgyM
youtube.com/watch?v=P92guhd7d-8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nobody cares about it, retard. It will only split playerbase. We want 4, not another remaster.

oh great another remake! How cool... not

Nobody asked for this, we want AoE HD and AoE4.

Fix AoM:EE

Units just don't look good. It's been the same problem since the first game got that treatment. Too clean, too smooth.

>we want AoE HD
That already happened.

>remaster
Who cares, just play the original.

it looks ugly and muddy, 2d sprites are a lot less cluttered. Ultra polished 3d models with realistic shadows might work on fps, but strategy games are a whole other deal. The scenery needs to be clean and understandable

Attached: ss_9704223e9ebc77bbe761d5de039a5a4f5f2277c2.1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 1.72M)

i already own it.... twice

show me aoe4 instead

>having to choose between this and age of empires 2 hd
motherfuckers, you ALREADY splintered the multiplayer scene. want to do a second time?

soul
lsouless

How the fuck does this work for console

how do you turn this on

didn't they make aoe2 hd not long ago
what's the fucking point

worked on the ps2

It looks objectively worse than the original. Why can't remakes into artstyle

just plug a mouse and keyboard

By sheer volume HD is superior. They added multiple new campaigns as opposed to a single new one.

If they managed to port AoE II Age of Kings on the PS2, they can do it again.

I was upset that we got a definitive version.

Oh boy just what I want to do, play games I played 20+ years ago

> he never played red alert on ps1

Attached: james ryan.webm (500x272, 160K)

I don't really see any reason to care

Wasn't there an Age of Empire Online? What happened to that

They should have modernized it, made it 3d and improved everything, this is just textures

I know they are milking with the remakes now, but I kind of like the new graphics, and animations for it, as it's the same style for it's AOE1 remake which I personally liked.

Why didn't they just make age of empires II 2

who gives a shit about graphics?

>muh grafix
they don't fucking get why people keep playing this both on Voobly and the mess that is HD to this day, do they?
just play aoe3 at that point, miss me that gay shit

Didn't make enough money I think. Check out Project Celeste they're re remaking it

Why is this not on Steam but on Microsoft Store?

A pleb and a zoomer, wowzie.

It is a remaster of a remaster, if they give a discount for AoE 2 HD buyers I might buy it

Are they gonna unfuck the pathfinding?

Where the fuck is 4? Did relic give up?

if the online is functional this will kill Voobly and AoE2HD and unite the playerbase

in other words, it won't, unfortunately, FUCK__________

>Shit graphics
>"Remastered" audio that will take away all the charm
>More Civs when the game is spent and there's no niches to fill in anymore

Because xboxchads are Chads

We've had Age of Empires II for 20 years.

>people who don't play competitively complaining about the game finally getting a working version with the new content that AoE2HD brought
lol

>Same game released yet again
>Online player base which has kept the game alive for 20 years is split up even further
>Pathing will probably still be shit

It's nice that it's not a Microsoft store exclusive.
Based Microsoft.

I bet you play with the smaller trees mod too you fucking faggot.

>he still doesn't use Patrol

I don't use smaller trees or smaller walls because they look stupid

>remaster

We want a new one

>Online player base which has kept the game alive for 20 years is split up even further
I have no doubt in my mind that the remaster will only steal the players who don't want to get their shit kicked in by autists who've mastered build orders for 20 years straight. The autists might check out the remaster but will inevitably fall back unto what they've familiarized themselves with.

LOL those janky as fuck animations

Bullshit. Starcraft 2 is perferctly fine despite using 3d graphics.

my main problem with the graphic change is that units seem more difficult to tell apart. I really really hope they don't overdo it. Also all the graphics of the world won't be enough for me if the multi works as badly as in HD
5$ discount
it will be on both apparently
>More Civs when the game is spent and there's no niches to fill in anymore
meh, they managed to add some pretty nice ones with the expansions. sure there's going to be some overlap, but they have room to add more interesting unique units and bonuses. Trailer shows a 3 horse chariot that's not in the original game
I do agree with the other two tho, I hope they have a classic mode with the old graphics

SOULLESS

Seriously it was so unnecessary, the HD edition on Steam was good enough.

>game finally getting a working version with the new content that AoE2HD brought
>what is Voobly + WK

>just bump textures a bit
>animations trash
>removed blood
>elephants literally moving 3px back and forth as an attack

ANOTHER MS CASH GRAB

>choppy scrolling
>fucked up menus
>90% of players are AoC only and Random civ only
no thanks

Nothing will ever kill Voobly.

AOE2 is the only good game they've made

all the other AOEs were flavor of the years.

bet scrolling speed is still fucked

But HD already works fine.

Attached: 64341.png (510x346, 209K)

>Wasn't there an Age of Empire Online? What happened to that

Mobile shit. 75% of tech tree was disabled unless you played enuf or paid

Attached: shit sucks.jpg (1280x1237, 128K)

Path finding is worse on HD than in the original version

>like half of the matches freezing for ~20 seconds on startup
>shit netcode
>shit netcode that goes bonkers once the map has over 100~150 units (ironic too because they made the game support up to 500 units over the original)
>save and exit -> resume doesn't work
>caveman spectate functions
>original release of AoK and AoC had all this working fine, which is why Voobly uses it, and they introduced proper spectating

"No!"

will it have crossplay

are the singleplayer campaigns fun

Enough of these remake shits and give AoE4 instead. Relic never made a traditional RTS before, nor anything set before WW2. How bad they'll fuck it up?

>remaster
>units and buildings are still not the proper scale

Fuck your dishonest rts

they made the piece of shit that was dawn of war 3, and company of heroes 2, so I see no point in having any hopes for age of empires 4
reric make bug

> the last khans
So is the new campaign going to be about Tamerlane?

you play as finland against soviet

They better not make DoW or CoH medieval edition.

I might be in to it if it was a remaster of the original game and didn't include all the soulless literal who civs they added in those post-conqueror "expansions"

true, but starcraft sticks to 3 really distinct civs and the upgrades between units are not as many.
>choppy scrolling
>fucked up menus
that's such a fucking nitpick compared to all the shit userpatch and the proper netcode gives, come on now
>90% of players are AoC only
I'll give you that much, even though the influx of players that HC2 gave is changing that.
>and Random civ only
nothing wrong with that in 1v1s, but that's up to tastes I admit. the pretty same argument can be used for random script maps being the norm, yet people play them for the variety

also, in your first post you are assuming MS will actually make a funcioning product. if HD and aoe1DE are something to go by, I'll wait and see

play a 4v4 BF game 10 times and tell me how many of those didn't end with
>massive lag
>out of sync
>player dropping out
even 1v1s are a flipcoin

Looks pretty good, but I would not buy for just looks alone. They need to add a lot of new shit/fixes so I would consider buying.

They shut it down because it didn't save games for windows live, despite reports of it being a pretty good success in reviews, players and revenue. When it hit steam it was the 3rd most played game all the way to it's death.

Only crossplay between the Microsoft Store and Steam edition. No mention of crossplay with older editions

>Are the singleplayer campaigns fun
The original campaigns are fun, Forgotten Empire campaigns are shit. Supposedly the African and Raja campaigns are good, but I haven't tried them since I was so discouraged after the FE campaigns I didn't want to try again

what's wrong with the new civs? they are pretty fun, and some of them have the most interesting bonuses in the entire game

I wanted to see AoE4
They announced it so long ago...

>it will be on both apparently

yea, after some time it will be on Steam. Just like AoEHD

>Another re-release of a re-re-release
We just wanted fucking age of empires 4

I wish they'd stop trying to milk literally everything until it dies

wouldn't be too far off from AoE3

i've already bought this game and its expansions twice
i'm so fucking sick and tired of being told to buy the same fucking game several times over because muh grafix

Attached: 1551910810539.jpg (351x351, 34K)

>Supposedly the African and Raja campaigns are good,
They are, made in classic style instead of the amateurish/overdone shit that was FE.

Probably because it's old news? We knew about it from a year ago.

>Forgotten Empires
are you talking about Forgotten Kingdoms?

>remaster of a remaster

Where THE FUCK is AoE4? They announced it 2 E3s ago and they didn't even acknowledge it exists. If they show AoE3 DE next year without saying anything about AoE4 I'm gonna flip my shit.

they probably realized they can make more money for less effort reselling AoE1 and AoE2 over and over again rather than making a new game from scratch

for those looking for AoE4 info, the release date is AT LEAST 2 years from now unless they want to release something unfinished. they don't have much to go by right now as far as I know
>No mention of crossplay with older editions
there's no way they are making that. if they can't fix HD I don't expect them to make crossplay work between diferent graphic engines AND with some civs being locked out of HD
>supposedly the African and Raja campaigns are good, but I haven't tried them since I was so discouraged after the FE campaigns I didn't want to try again
same shit, I have PTSD from the italian campaign first mission

>RTS
Dead genre

The 'The Forgotten' expansion was originally a mod called Forgotten Empires, hence the name

>bulgarians
>lithuanians
>cumans
>tatars
trash civs

>seething
>(((You))) fuckers

Attached: 1555671016034.jpg (768x635, 158K)

holza?

oh yeah, I think I remember hearing about that at some ponit

They learned from the master.
BUY MY GAME - TODD

Will they include the Rajas?

every civ from HD

My gf is one of those autists, she isn't interested in the "remaster". You are right, this is for nostalgiafags and new players, the old fanbase won't care.

I thought this came out already. There's been an AoE2/3 expansion or announcement every year for the past few years.

>Supposedly the African and Raja campaigns are good
Pretty good actually, i'm nostalgic, i still remember a chilean spamming this shit back in /int/ for an entire day until it became a meme

Attached: african kingdoms.png (746x700, 111K)

>AoE4
Why the fuck do you want them to try to make a WW2 rts? it will suck ass. The base building shit will not carry over well to that time period

youtube.com/watch?v=XUnimH7WcWU
Looking good for me desu, and it's 15 dollars if you have HD already

I'm most interested about the soundtrack.

Ehh...
Sounds..
Meh...
Pffffff

yes

Attached: P31tfAk.jpg (3840x2160, 2.46M)

It got shut down. Fans remade the servers, made the game fully playable offline and are currently working on adding Romans into the game.

fuck me that looks terrible
the bloom, the stiff animations, the graphical garbage that is the building destruction animations
what the fuck are they THINKING

What I hope is that certain civs get unique building styles.

How do you know it's WWII? They never specified the age it's set in.

Looks amazing. Why is Yea Forums bitching?

it reminds me of the ugly 3d stronghold games, though marginally better
i prefer the sprites

>>Not a single mention of Age of Empires 2 remaster
didn't they already do that a few years ago and added a bunch of expansions to that version?

Attached: qjpzrpw2tnhz.jpg (3024x4032, 1.18M)

nostalgia goggles.

Yes but now they are doing it again so they can do it again in a couple of years with the definitive enhanced complete version.

>aoe iv will get the shortest period ever since real life is getting closer to reach the tech of AOE V in the next 30 years.

Attached: 1546701682315.jpg (1710x1900, 258K)

>No funny accents

Attached: 1556947651977.jpg (1756x2200, 755K)

You fucking retard, double god damn dumbass.

ENSEMBLE STUDIOS DOES NOT EXIST.

AoE2 looks great though.
What's the point?
Make it laggy on toasters so the 3rd worlders from russia and africa can no longer play it?

That's an old concept that they never comfirmed. Isn't this like 14 years old at this point? Pretty sure the devs changed too.

Well then it will either be WW2 or the faggots make it now don't understand the series and the fact it's supposed to progress further into the future with every installment

>Buildings get new destroyed animations
>Boats don't

Attached: 1558163225528.jpg (858x660, 124K)

Wait didn't they already remaster it? Can someone give me the quick rundown?

For the billionth fucking time. Read the post-fall interviews with the developers.
The image was nothing more than a black joke aimed at how Microsoft was slave-driving them to make more AoE games even though they had enough already.

Likewise, Ensemble did actually start production on AoE4 and that game became AoE:Online. That doesn't mean Relic has to go with ancient era, but Ensemble has (prior to them all being fired that is).

That was the first game.

Attached: aoe.jpg (914x520, 286K)

>AOE - Roman times
>AOE2 - Medieval times
>AOE3 - Colonial times
Hmmm each game is further and further ahead in the timeline... where should we go next.... I know! Back to medieval times! That's logical!

Does the first game hold up at all?

It's a remaster of a remaster. Last one was in HD and this is in 4k with slightly boosted graphics. Not even joking. Last year AoE got it's definitive edition, this year 2 gets one too and if I had to guess we'll get AoE3 DE next year.

I've played this game so many times -- why would I give a fuck about a remastered? Why should anyone? Anyone who plays these games doesn't play them for their graphics, and we got a remaster not that long ago, relatively speaking.

>b-b-but marginal new content!
Whogivesafuck.mp3v2

Why should we care about a game whose only difference from the HD edition is a new engine and updated graphics? This will only split the playerbase between CD/HD players and DE players. Literally no one asked for this.

unfortunately only the tatars and cumans get the new buildings.the Byzantines finally got the Mediterranean one, which is better that the middle eastern that they have right now, but then the church don't match at all.

Attached: Bo0pjPa.jpg (3840x2160, 1.97M)

Retard

this kind of thing is for one week (at best) type of player. Buy the game, plays for a week and start playing something else. For that kind of player, shiny graphics and effects are everything.

Real talk, how do I git gud
I started out by researching build orders and shit and practiced them against the AI, but when I play online I get attacked early so I'll have to deviate from the core build order in order to defend myself. On the contrary when I try to do some early aggression such as rushing scouts to raid my enemy's outer supplies like wood and gold I end up using all of my food on scouts which puts me behind if the enemy advances to castle age

I think I've played somewhere between 10 and 20 online matches against people with the same rating as me and it felt like only a third of them actually were even matches. In the other ~66% of the games one of us has been noticeably better than the other one resulting in the game being a one sided stomp

Attached: 26611e3.jpg (236x253, 11K)

>Back to medieval times! That's logical!
AoE:O is Bronze Age to Classical Age, mate. Not medieval period.

>for one week (at best) type of player.
aka
Fake gamer friends
Consumers, not gamers

what the fuck did they do to the soundtrack???

Attached: 1552681386516.jpg (1115x1130, 119K)

It's not about being logical, it's about what makes more money. We might as well get thrown into a fantasy land or some sci-fi shit far into the future.

They better have the fucking option to switch the textures back to the HD version these 3d models do not look good at all.

Hurray, I can pay $60 to play what I played as a fucking child.

Intellectual and creative bankruptcy should be supported freely!

Right has got soul

>No LAN

Attached: wish upon a star.jpg (362x322, 25K)

>AOE - Roman times
It's called the ancient era

are you playing on HD? if you are and you are arround the 1600 elo range you will find a bit of everything, it's not consistent at all. Voobly is a bit better on that regard

regarding on how to git gud, if you can mantain vill production nonstop and other basic stuff, I would start learing hotkeys: first the idle vill and TC one so you can multitask your eco, then add the building commands for vills, then the quick access ones for said buildings. also patrol your units instead of attacking with click instead of doing that
how fast can you get to feudal if you are going for scouts and with how many vills? just to get a sense of youe eco

Put a few extra villagers on food before advancing to feudal for an eco boost to afford the scouts, wait as long as you can get away with before researching lure. In the other ages learn to balance your economy and only use 1 person to build unless the building needs to get up as quick as possible.

HD and in the 1600 range, yes

I'm already doing the things you listed except using patrol. Normally I've just clicked on the units I wanted to attack
Don't know about the times, I never paid attention to the ingame timer

>hurrdurr no one likes my irrelevant autism simulator
age of empire fags are delusional neckbeards

okay, most build orders take this into account so I was not going to ask, but let's break food income down then:
-do you find your 8 sheep? if not how many usually?
-do you lure both boars?
-do you mill your berries? how many people do you usually put on them?
-did you ever need farms to get to feudal if not fast castling?
-do you mill the deer (not always needed and/or feasible)?
-when dou you usually research loom?

just for the record, most feudal aggression strats go with about 22 vills+ loom, and you should be up before 11 minutes more o less. scouts in particular may need 2-4 farms to do it confortably, and you have to remember to do your barracks first in order to start constructing fast

It looks nice, but with this being the 2nd year of absolutely no AoE 4 information I'm a little worried that it's been cancelled.

I've already played Age of Empires 2 off and on for the past 20 years, it makes it a little hard to get excited for.

Why should I care about a game I already have 3 copies of? The starwars version was better btw. Faster paced with higher micro and stronger counter units.

Looks like crap wow.

Starcraft 2 doesn't have nearly the unit density that AoE does. AoE II can have up to 500 units for each player, SC2 comes nowhere close to that.

>2019: AoE II DE
>2020: AoE III DE
>2021: AoM DE
>2022: AoE IV

Of course SC2 can do that. Where the fuck did you pull that bullshit from?

>AoE II can have up to 500 units for each player, SC2 comes nowhere close to that.
AoE2 is 200, in one of the hd meme expansions you can edit the cap up to 500.
Sc2 has 200 supply, where there are units that take ½ supply, so up to 400 units.
If you're already talking about editing the cap as in forgotten empires, then sure you can edit the cap in sc2 as well.

does SW battlegrounds have any community left? I never actually played against other person I think, so I'm kinda curious.

AoE IV will be the FALL of the Empires user

TRENCH WARFARE
>youtube.com/watch?v=vH3-Gt7mgyM
>youtube.com/watch?v=P92guhd7d-8

the last Breath of all European Empires, and the final Hours of the Asian and East European Dynasties.

>no unique architecture on every civ
>no semi realistic ground and water to fit with buildable bridges
>no high trees
THEY HAD ONE FUCKING JOB

Byzantine empire really should have it's own style. Shame.

Definitive edition happened not HD like AoE2 HD

They consulted everyone at voobly and HD about it, and they Want 1.1 accurate.

hence why they didnt went over the top with it.

Surprisingly or not, MS keeps a true close eye and communication with the AoE community.
Every single Patch in HD and DE of late ends up as a metabreaker.

>no unique architecture on every civ
Good

It's that so hard?

Attached: Imperial-town.jpg (1021x648, 572K)

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 419K)

One thing that annoys me with aoe2 expansions is how much they push towards the very late of the game eras.
Like even the conquerors was pushing it.

>brainlet.exe

Probably because there's no point to it. The original HD is still looking good and wouldn't fracture the small but dedicated fanbase since you obviously can't play together with that version to this one.

What's wrong with the original? Fuck remasters every time. If you're too dumb to get the old one to run somehow you deserve to pay for the same games every year.

conquerors is what it implies, along with the other xpacs, it ran from the middle ages til 1599

Age III went from the Colonial Age until late 19th century, though it was alternate history

>Surprisingly or not, MS keeps a true close eye and communication with the AoE community.
If only that applied to making HD multi actually work
I don't know, it seems like a good amount of the HD civs get early game bonuses. hell, if we think about absolute lategame powerhouses a good amount of them are from the original game: Persians, Sarracens, Celts, Mongols, Goths
or are you talking about the actual historical ages the civs cover?

Nah, the Mediteranea one really doesn't fit Byzantines. I'd say even the middle-eastern one is better.
This would be best.

Isn't this like the third remake of aoe2?

The remake looks good, but not so good as to be exciting when the HD remaster is only a few years old.

The remake of Age of Empires 1 isn't really that good. They didn't even bother fixing the issues that make the game unplayable today (idle units, no formations, units getting stuck in dumb ways and some other flaws I can't remember as it's been a long time since I played it). I have zero expectations on this.

It would actually make a lot of sense, since they got Relic (the same guys that made COH and Dawn of WAR)

>conquerors is what it implies
???
So?
>or are you talking about the actual historical ages the civs cover?
Yeah that.

you mongoloids thats a m16, its vietnam era most likely

Attached: 1465651103068.png (640x480, 497K)

the CoD-series must seem very confusing to you

>I started out by researching build orders and shit and practiced them against the AI
You have to find out what build orders people use, AI plays differently then humans. Only practice against AI for getting better mechanics and learning to time your builds so you are not wasting time when doing them. Find out timings on common build orders, look at how many villagers people send to different resources and what times they do so you can see what build/strat they are doing. If you think they go eco and turtle then do the same just do it harder than them. If they go for early attack try to get a little better eco then them and then defend the attack and later crush them with your superior economy.