What does Yea Forums think of this game? I never see anybody talk about it

What does Yea Forums think of this game? I never see anybody talk about it.

Attached: large.jpg (818x960, 147K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x47hiDZ7hl4
youtube.com/watch?v=5oyW7Se1tdI&t=19s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's one of my all-time favorite games alongside the original. But you won't find much in the way of meaningful conversation about it here, since anytime it comes up, people just spout memes from that one speedrun.

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

something something santas helper confirmed

Basically Fun as that whole event was, it seems to have permanently ruined Tomba discussion.

Love it, grew with it, one of those weird games that only a small bunch of people talk about it, like Plok.

Tomba is in

Good shit. Cursed Donglin Forest and the ghost pigs gave me nightmares as a kid. Was weird hearing everyone voiced by the same 3 people, even weirder that they had one or two female va who didn't voice the water pig, the only female one and instead have a guy do it, the Jap dub had a female va do the voice.

Tomba 2 was a weird game in a lot of ways, when it comes down to it.

2 was awful. Tomba 1 is a cult classic that deserves a reboot/remake.

Came to see this post.
>I could always wear the pants

what speedrun?

It has an interesting playstyle to it

FAST

Only ever enjoyed the first one 2bh

How do you mean?

PANTS

Can somebody give me a rundown on evil pigs in video games?

thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=x47hiDZ7hl4

One of those rare games that I keep playing again and again every now and then. It's just a joy to play.

Attached: 1541198513150.jpg (680x706, 85K)

It's the result of an industry legend, one of the best videogame designers ever, establishing his own studio just to create his vision, to create the essential VIDEOGAME, and succeeding spectacularly twice in a row. It was only fair that it fails completely, ruins the studio, sends him into hiding for two decades, and remains completely obscure, known only for a dumb internet meme made by and propagated by complete and utter retarded autists.

Attached: tomba.png (1000x350, 187K)

Pretty cool, I like the objective based system. Along with 1 pretty entertaining. Don't dig the stupid fucking meme with that italian looking dude in pajamas and that bitch ass kid.

It's a shame. Tokuro Fujiwara had a hand in a lot of my favorite games. The guy goes out to create his dream games and absolutely nails them, only for it to never pick up traction.

By the way 1 is better than 2 but only because it has better music and no shitty voice acting / sidekick.

This.

Second game was basically an expanded remake of the first one, though. I have no idea how I finished that game when I was younger.

>HA
>HAAA
>HYAAAA

I laughed when I got to the line-flubbing mouse.
youtube.com/watch?v=5oyW7Se1tdI&t=19s

It would have been a little funnier if the pitch on his voice completely changed

Both games are outstanding and basically the same except second one went 2.5D. I don't think anything today comes even close.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 33K)

Both are amazing and are well worth playing

Just play the first one

2 had less stuff than 1 though, how the hell is it expanded.

Tomba 2 is a classic video game about a wild boy fighting through pig armies and gaining sick new abilities to save his girlfriend from the pig demons. The story is absurd yet beautiful, and the music is very memorable. I don't think this game will resonate with a lot of modern gamers. This was a game I played on the playstation when I was in the single digits in age.

Tomba 1 and 2 need a remaster.

The two Tomba games are pretty much perfect video games imo. I love them entirely and am completely incapable of giving consideration to the flaws I'm sure they have. It's just charming pure fun.

If I had one wish and could ask for more of any game series I would wish for more Tomba.

MY NAME IS TOMBA THE MIGHTY.
I HAVE FAST PANTS.
CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

This.

The second one has a great start but a really weak finish that falls completely flat. It's not a bad game, but it definitely pales in comparison to the original.

The 1st game can stay the same forever and be timeless. If anything, Tomba! 2 desperately needs a remaster with some added content.

Attached: 119069iBEAA4AB902EA2AEC.gif (400x458, 309K)

I love this game. It's in my top 5. But no one either knows or talks about it

it's absolute cancer they took a beautiful 2.5d game and turned it into low poly trash. serves whooopi right for going bankrupt for releasing such unredeemable trash

A brilliant game! But very underrated...

Why are there so many seething 1fags in this community? Both games look and play absolutely fantastic. Low poly is soul too.

Attached: 1525103260396.gif (512x384, 2.76M)

There must have been a lot of pressure for them to release it after a certain date. The game loses a tremendous amount of steam after a certain point.

>seething 1 fags

Because the second game is bullshit compared to the first one. It has significantly less meaningful content, it's a shitload easier, the locales are much less interesting, the voice overs are so blatantly fucked that it's pitiful, and the reward for 100%ing the game is absolutely awful.

The first game makes it look like the second one was programmed by a clueless B-Team.

not as tight as the original but i still enjoyed very much

I'd really prefer it if you'd be quiet.

both of them are good in their own ways

Attached: 1540522357275.jpg (125x125, 2K)

Alright then Mr. Gigachad, I would like for you to tell me what Tomba! 2 does better than Tomba! 1.

minigames are better
i also liked the hidden towers
its also slightly longer than the first game which itself is very short (~3 hours if you've played it before)

Attached: 1529745213746.jpg (1473x1061, 280K)

That line was underrated

the quests in 2 were so straightforward

>significantly less meaningful content
By what metric? Not disagreeing with you, I just remember games feeling mostly the same content-wise.

>it's a shitload easier
It has fewer tough platforming sections, true, but that's the result of a bigger focus on the objectives rather than platforming. The quests and their cryptic nature make it plenty challenging in my opinion.

>the locales are much less interesting
I disagree here, the locales are much more varied and well developed. with interesting, albeit inconsistent, themes. And as a result of the bigger focus on the objectives, there's more interesting story parts in every location, as opposed to the pure platforming sections of the first game.

>the voice overs are so blatantly fucked that it's pitiful
True, but I wouldn't judge the game based on its localization.

>the reward for 100%ing the game is absolutely awful
Fair point.

>minigames are better
Eh, I guess. I definitely enjoyed getting good at that mineshaft shit.

>hidden towers
This was a great idea I found out that the rewards were fucking lame. Flying around the map being invincible in Tomba! 2 wasn't nearly as fun as Tomba! for some reason. I say this is because of the lack of meaningful content that Tomba! had present most of the time because of its higher difficulty.

>~3 hours
Definitely was not that short unless you purposefully ignored like 70% of the quests.

1 was delightfully juvenile.
>Yams are great BRRRAP
>the shrooms that fuck you up
>that sidequest in the village of mice where you need to find a kid who got fucked up on wine

The first game was much more rewarding because the quests were a lot more challenging. Tomba! 2 was extremely straightforward which, for a game that relies on puzzles to move you forward, is pretty lame.

You really think the second game had better locales? The first one had that Japanese town in the sky for fuck's sake. They had nothing like that in the second game. Just towns themed off of their respective elements (i.e. fire, ice, ghosts, etc.). Tomba! did the same thing, but at least it mixed things up a bit.

Still, though, Tomba! 2 does have a really comfy setting and a lot of charm. I was really just disappointed by how underwhelming it was compared to the first one. The first one blew me away and the second one was just sort of... meh, I guess.

There's a ton of quests that can't be finished and several empty pages in the log. It's sad as hell.

I always found both Tomba games incredibly overwhelming with all the quests that pop up when you do anything. Still enjoyed them when I rented them even though I think I never got past the halfway point on either.