Who else is being forced to pirate this...

Who else is being forced to pirate this? The Witcher games are one of the very few games I have paid for in years because they are one of the few games that got actual physical releases for PC with the entire game on the discs in years. Witcher 3 is the only major release to get a proper physical release for PC in years. They didn't get proper releases until the physical Complete or Enhanced editions, but at least they got one. Cyberpunk's "physical" release is already confirmed to be a download code so I'm not expecting a proper Complete edition. A download code is not a physical copy

Attached: cyberpunk logo.png (1024x512, 147K)

*being forced to steal

stop being a broke nigger and actual pay for something

This game is gonna break every record possible and there is nothing you can do about it.

>being forced to pirate this?
This is literally the mentality of a nog. Stop it, user.

I'm going to steal this turd solely because I'm an easily influenced faggot and I don't want to be left out of what I'm sure is going to be the only game anyone talks about here for a solid month.

I have literally no expectation that this game will be even vaguely playable. CD Project Red have never put out a game like that before, so I can't see them managing it with an IP like this.

I'm going to rush through whatever mediocre excuse for a story this game has just so I can shit on it without faggots going "b-b-but how do you know it's bad if you didn't play it!". You don't need to play a game to know it sucks dick, and all the zoom zooms excited about Keanu making a 2 minute tutorial cameo prove that.

Can you not read? I bought a physical copy of the Complete or Enhanced edition of each of the Witcher games, I'm just not willing to pay for a download
>b-b-but people don't have optical drives anymore
They could always use flash drive instead though I would prefer blu-ray. I have some physical copies of indie games that they spent the extra money for a specially designed flash drive, CDPR has no excuse. They just know they can get away with it because of all the subhumans such as yourself that are going to give them money for nothing anyways and even get mad at others who don't.
>pay for something
Not really paying for anything when you pay for a download license, it is nothing more than giving them a donation and they don't even have the decency to admit it is a donation.

having physical attachments to things is dumb.

How many games do you own nigger that you have enough place to store boxes? Or do you live in a basement and do nothing but play games? Boxes are a waste of space and just like your access to digital game can be revoked yourdisc can go bad and you lose your game either way.

Let me guess, you're a true JRPG connoisseur who just can't deal with the pathetic "gameplay" design of western (((developers))).

maybe if you stop wasting your money on mad dog and kfc, $60 wouldnt be that much money

Lmao shills get so btfo constantly in these threads that they can't even tell people not to play the game because it's bad, they straight up tell us to pirate for no reason.

You have autism.
Thanks for confirming that shitposters like you have no validity.

What's the problem? Literally just write the install exe to a CD since it has no DRM.

>perfectly copying something with your own resources
>stealing
pick one

>I'm being forced to steal
Yeah I'll take "broke nigger" for $400.
>BUT I BOUGHT WITCHER
Okay? Witcher =/= Cyberpunk
Did you pirate Red Dead Redemption 2 bc you bought GTA 1969?

GOG is completely DRM free. You can copy those files as much as you want, give a spare to a friend, redownload them as needed, whatever you want.

This "but I want to own it" argument is completely null, you could put a copy on a flash drive if you're that worried. Hell, you could even burn yourself a disc if you could find a place that still sells burnable discs.

I already pre-ordered.

No, JRPGs are fucking awful because they have no gameplay.

Cyberpunk 2077 looks like an even worse version of DX:HR, and soulless cookie-cutter FPSRPG gameplay with CD Projekt's awful writing style does not appeal to me in the least. I love the setting, I just hate everyone involved in the production of this game, because I know they've fucked it up.

But hey, I'm talking to a zoom zoom who thought The Witcher 3 was the best RPG ever made or something, and not one of the worst. I can't really expect you to understand video games.

So what's your idea of a good RPG then gigabrain.

He's just going to give you the top 5 list of any Yea Forums's favorites compilation

I'm gonna buy the collectors edition for PS4 then pirate the PC version

Planescape was pretty good. If we have to stick to the FPSRPG genre, the first DX. But yeah, as says, this line of questioning doesn't have much merit.

I guess I could mention that F:NV is a pile of gutter trash that's barely better than the Bethesda abominations, that always gets zoom zooms riled up.

Complaining about JRPG gameplay and then recommending Planescape leads me to believe you never actually played it.

JRPGs are shit because they fail at a fundamental level of being roleplaying games. Gameplay isn't really the determining factor, because most of the best RPGs have absolutely terrible gameplay, like Planescape.

>PC masterrace
>buy £5000 """rig""""
>can't afford to buy games

Why do you think people buy the rigs? So that they don't have to buy the games.

Yeah it's gay. Probably some 3rd world shithole with bad internet will get physical pc editions if you're willing to import.

At least Doom Eternal is getting a full PC collectors edition.

No, I've played it. What I like about Planescape's combat is how easy it is to just run past shit, it's a blemish on an otherwise fantastic game. Turn based combat is tedious at best, and JRPGs are by far the worst because of how often you have to do these boring fights where you mash continue just to level.

In terms of the topic at hand, I've already mentioned that I don't think CD Projekt has anyone who could write a line of dialogue to save their life. Maybe it's a lost in translation issue, but the stories they come up with are appalling, filled with characters that are dull and unlikeable. 99% of "choices" you have are purely illusionary, and having a few different endings really doesn't change that.

He did, it was stealing.

>purchasing video games

They are free on the internet. And I'll never purchase another Bethesda game in my life. Im pirating all of them.

Is making pic related stealing too?

Attached: 1547723617561.png (524x283, 16K)

>poorfag
Stop playing video games and have sex

Attached: IMG_0469.jpg (1024x576, 410K)

Attached: IMG_0470.jpg (210x230, 8K)

The original Famicom had rewritable discs and nobody complained.
Stop complaining OP.

>forced to pirate
Oh yeah, the devs are really holding a gun to your head, you’re literally FORCED to pirate this game

>I need to come up with retarded "principles" to justify stealing
What fucking difference does a physical copy make? It's going to auto-update the entire game off the internet the moment you put in that disc anyway. Besides the game's going to be so large it would take a fucking pile of DVD discs or a Bluray which and who the fuck has a bluray drive in their PC? I built my PC years ago and I didn't even include a DVD drive because I realized I hadn't used a physical disc in a century. And this was four years ago.

Boy I sure miss those times when I had to insert and eject discs and look for them in my bookshelf every time I wanted to play a game and hope none of them ever got scratched. Worst forced nostalgia ever.

>P-Planescape is good because you dont always have to play it
Planescape gameplay is absolutely terrible, much like your opinions. I'm still pretty certain you never played it since unless you are completely cheesing the game with inconsistent decisions combat is a necessity at points. Its entire draw is the dialogue and writing, which is unparalleled in the entire industry that followed.

But, just because CDPR isn't as good of writers doesn't mean they are bad within the greater context of the video game industry at large. They certainly write better stories than you'll find in other video games or even in movies, even if this doesn't say much due to pure saturation of bad writing across both industries. The sheer level of connection that people felt to the characters of the Witcher, from public reaction to Geralts heartfelt goodbye or empathizing with the characters from questlines who were of otherwise questionable moral standing shows that CDPR accomplished their purpose as writers.

You don't have to enjoy it, and that's fine, but your opinion also isn't the metric by which we all must live by.

They canceled that shit within two years, you fucking moron

whoa there user
where did you get that from?
i assume you paid for it and took a picture of your legal epic meme sticker to show me
unless you're saying that it isn't at all the same thing when it comes to electronic data or reproduction?

>They could always use flash drive instead though I would prefer blu-ray. I have some physical copies of indie games that they spent the extra money for a specially designed flash drive, CDPR has no excuse.
GOG has literally no DRM so what's your excuse on not buying the code, downloading the game, copying it on a flash drive and putting that flash drive inside the physical case if you're so fucking obsessed over having a physical copy of the outdated release version without the latest patches and content updates that are bound to come?

>bought TW3
Let me guess, during a huge sale?

>The sheer level of connection that people felt to the characters of the Witcher, from public reaction to Geralts heartfelt goodbye or empathizing with the characters from questlines who were of otherwise questionable moral standing shows that CDPR accomplished their purpose as writers.
This is not a good statement. I'm sure lots of people were moved to tears by fucking Wall-E, that does not make it a good movie.

People were emotional primarily because of the time invested. Honestly, I'm surprised that they could invest this much time across 3 games into these characters and still have them be utterly dull and wooden. A movie only has an hour and a half to establish all this shit, The Witcher had, what, 150+ hours?

Being better than, say, EA at writing is not an accomplishment. Getting zoom zooms to buy your watered down console experience isn't, either. These games are trash, the problem is that the bar for writing in the games industry is an absolute fucking joke, which is why we have so many abortions of stories, ideas that should've been stamped out and killed in a writer's meeting 3 years ago, not put anywhere near the final product. In terms of the games industry, there are absolutely worse companies out there. That doesn't make them good, it's a fallacious argument that only people with no real experience of entertainment can make.

Yeah you should go live in an imaginary house, eat imaginary food, drive an imaginary car, and be an imaginary body.

>imagine justifying stealing
Are you a nigger?

damn, user
i can't believe you're admitting to theft

What's wrong with buying games on sale? I bought the TW3 GOTY for 15€ on sale and had a blast. Because of console limitations games barely get any better looking anyway so might as well play them a year or two after release.

Just wait for a bundle with a video card. Back in the day I got the Witcher 3 free with a GeForce 960.
Probably have to buy a new PC for this game as my is 8 years old.

Attached: the-witcher-3-header.png (717x421, 367K)

This is obviouslya thinly veiled bragging about babby's first successful torrent download: the thread and the entire board not only falls for some 14 year old's bait, but starts frothing at the mouth protecting the fiscal interest of corporate entities as well.
S
M
H

Attached: 1558076435011.jpg (284x276, 21K)

I have a 970 and I've been holding on on updating until 2077 comes out because it's not like I play any other AAA titles so why bother. I'll wait until the GOTY with all the patches is out so I can play the complete definitive best possible version of the game and buy whatever graphics card is best value at that time.

Though idk maybe my 970 will do just fine for this game, time will tell.

>I'm sure lots of people were moved to tears by fucking Wall-E, that does not make it a good movie.
That would make it a good movie to those people, no? I'm sure even you aren't too retarded to see that, I think the lack of ability to see things from others perspective is a symptom of hardcore autism, but I don't think you're that far gone, are you?
>People were emotional primarily because of the time invested
People posted about the Red Baron questline for months and that was within 10 hours of the games beginning. It has often been touted as one of the greatest bits of writing in video gaming. This is probably true.
>Being better than, say, EA at writing is not an accomplishment
They showed themselves as better than everyone else in the industry. Bethesda sank, Ubisoft completely changed their design philosophy as a result of it and has made immensely better games as a result. Odyssey took note, and I appreciated the effort that Ubisoft took.

You don't even have to like Witcher to appreciate that the standards were raised as a result of Witcher 3. Unless you are desperately looking for a reason to be dissatisfied there's no reason to be angry about that fact.

Same. Special Edition too.

poorfag cope

That is also an option. I will do the same with Kingdom Come Royal Edition. Waiting for a discount.

>I spend my money on free entertainment therefore I'm better than others
Bravo.

i will not pirate the game, but i wait for reviews, people opinions, watch 2-3 gameplay on youtube, etc and then buy. I don't want to get burned again like last time with RDR2, people called the game Holy fuckign Grail of video games but was just ok.

Attached: 1560149990292.jpg (850x1074, 289K)

It's a GoG copy and you can dump that shit to wherever. You'd know this if you weren't a smooth brained subhuman tourist. Return to whatever website you came from. I wouldn't be surprised if you're a being paid to astroturf here with this shit.

why the fuck you want to torrent it, fucking kys. die die die die

I also prefer to purchase my food from the supermarket knowing fully I could break into their dumpster after dark to steal all the FREE food that's been thrown out.

>the standards were raised as a result of Witcher 3
Honestly, this might be true. But again, putting out a dumpster fire does not make the contents anything but trash. Improving from a level of "garbage on fire" to "smouldering garbage" isn't really a big leap, and "better" doesn't mean anything unless you quantify it with a known good product.

They might well be the best company currently putting out high budget games with an illusion of choice and "branching" stories. I guess at this point we have to get into the reason why all games made with that kind of design philosophy suck dick, and will suck dick until we have fancy AI generated content that can fill in the massive blanks that story writers just don't think of when they're trying to create a branching narrative.

I would take a linear, well-written experience over a branching mess any day of the week. Planescape has some side-quest stuff, but the experience is ultimately linear, and you're not under any illusions that your choices are having any real impact on the story. That's why the entire point of the game is taking home your own message from it. The Witcher games don't do this, because they try and have their cake and eat it. Meaningless decisions are played up as important, and yet the obvious major characters are never in any danger, and what's worse, you can't even get rid of them. In Planescape, if you meet a companion you don't like, you can just ignore them. The Witcher? Every single fucking character is the Jester from Adventure Call.

>mfw PC scene is so dead in the US even CDPR is giving up on it
Basically, retailers are refusing to stock PC games.

Attached: despair taking over.jpg (267x400, 29K)

A PC case without a disc inside takes just as much inventory space as a PC case with a disc inside.

Can't you just buy it off gog and put it on a portable hard drive?

didnt know people actually pay for singleplayer games, interesting

>putting out a dumpster fire does not make the contents anything but trash
Your analogies are terrible.
Your expectation of Witcher 3 was unrealistic, I don't even know how you expected it to somehow turn into Geralt slaying Ciri on the spot.

My expectation going into it was to wander the countryside doing jobs for a while. I was far from disappointed. The amount of content for me to do just that was more than expected and the quality of it was definitely higher than one might expect for that much density.

>Who else is being forced to pirate this?
What do you mean? Are you normally forced to actually buy games?

Sekiro got a physical PC release, the CE did too but only from FUCKING GAMESTOP

user...Its over the zoomies don't know what you're even talking about...just...let it go

Not surprising since the US is the lowest common denominator on planet earth.

I'm just waiting for the full thing to come out, EE+DLC before I bother, still have too many things to wrap up anyway.

monkeys paw imo

>Your expectation of Witcher 3 was unrealistic
My expectation of the whole series was "unrealistic", because I expected to have some kind of input into Geralt's character if they bill the game as an RPG with "choices".

I got it wrong, my problem isn't branching games, it's linear games that PRETEND they have branches. This kind of manipulation shouldn't work on anyone with an IQ over 5, it's sad that so many people can't see through it.

>the quality of it was definitely higher than one might expect for that much density.
What quality? Geralt's Batman vision leading you to the next trigger so he'll say another line of dialogue, so your quest log will be updated with the next waypoint, so you can enter into some more of the worst real time combat I've ever seen?

>phone notification
>email from steam
>CYBERPUNK 2077 AVAILABLE FOR PRE-PURCHASE
>sensible chuckle
>pirate that shit from fitboy
>spend the $60 on tendies and alcohol instead
>buyfags on Yea Forums call me a nigger
Never spam me about a pre-purchase again.

I just can't see how cdproject could make this game with as much depth as they're claiming. Witcher 3 was a massive fucking game too and even that suffered from having basic gameplay. So how on earth could they make cyberpunk as big and layered when there's a ridiculous amount of detail present every time they show the game? The more they write, the more work they create for themselves, which would add to the development time. And this has been in production for what, 5 years? If the game was linear I wouldn't doubt it, but going for 'muh choices' in an open-world setting I just can't the game having a lot of depth. Definitely gonna wait for reviews before I bite.

Attached: 1556099000626.jpg (750x730, 77K)

>making up excuse to pirate something
what a basedboy

Not everything has to tie into one dramatic storyline. Most of the questlines are isolated unto themselves but have pretty drastically varying outcomes on the region you're in even if it is minimal influence in the main storyline as a whole.
>the game has no value or virtue because muh vision
kay

PC retail is dead in the US, goy. Get that console release.

Digital copy fits the game better

Attached: 1537834691444.png (196x197, 34K)

The textures aren't THAT good. Its dense but its not going to win any awards for graphics, maybe for style but not mind blowing detail. Being a city lets them hide much of the world by not rendering anything past what you see which is very easy when you have skyscrapers every 20 meters. Plus all the good level design and actual visual detail will be in interiors like in last year's demo that was just closed off from the outside.

I really don't see why it can't have plenty of depth. A lot of games already have tons of depth and things to do. TW3 had a lot of depth as well.

t. Communist

Not as popular as GTA

Attached: nog.jpg (750x923, 99K)

No cop no buy

Attached: 1559671539561.png (500x503, 283K)

found the tranny

So you only play games when they are burned, out of date and everything is spoiled?

I'll be forced to pirate it because I like free stuff.

it's more of a generic low-agency mindset, like women and children. where things simply "happen to you" and you're just reacting as opposed to making choices.

>the game is reddit
>the game isn't bladerunnerpunk
>the game is SJW poz
>the game doesn't have enough neon
>the game has too much sun
>CDPR makes shitty games
>CDPR has too many celebs in the game
>the game will suck
>i'm being forced to pirate

Attached: 1558053305751.jpg (797x515, 148K)

>Why yes, I never pirate any games because I like to support developers for the entertainment they provide how could you tell?

Attached: gigachad.jpg (1068x601, 65K)