Battletoads

Bruh... oh my God, whose game is this *looks at dislike ratio*

GUEHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA! AAAHAHAHAH *wheezes* AHHHAAAA HAAAAAAA HAAHAHA OH MY GO-- *deeper wheeze* Oh my Gaaaaa-- AHAHAHHAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: battletoads.png (1266x841, 302K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iNV6AXPeJeU
youtube.com/watch?v=_pFYWGo7BWc
youtu.be/8MHOmw59GQU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why does Microsoft ruin everything they touch?

>all those russian
dendy guy was right about russians and battletoads

>monkey paw

They didn't ruin anything. The game looks fine but gamers always screech about remakes. Once Battle For Bikini Bottom and Destroy all Humans show gameplay, people will freak out about that too. Just like Crash Bandicoot, Majora's Mask, Spyro and Dark Souls.

Why is it so disliked?

>terrible artstyle
>entire dev team composed of stereotypical millennial who are too scared to draw tits on a female

Looks like Johnny Test.

Spyro was incredibly loyal to the ps1 games

Has anyone called Rick yet?

Likey due to the animation style

I'm so fucking pissed off at the artystyle, bros.

>but gamers
stopped reading there you glow in the dark Microshit employee

The game looks fine. The amount of shit on screen in the middle of gameplay looked great.

Art style looks like shit, way too cartoonish
Rash's KI design looks a lot more faithful

Attached: 1532261426763.png (1920x1080, 2.87M)

>almost every character's design (besides Spyro) is completely changed, especially the little idol guys from 2
>dragons in the first game are given quirky costumes and props, adding dumb gags not in the original

I got pumped when I heard the pause music, then the I looked at the art style, one glance at it was enough.

>y-you're just a shill
Typical. See you at the next remake when you have another tantrum

>he does it for free

>original Battletoads was a clear rip on TMNT
>nutoads artstyle is a rip on nuTMNT
Is this, dare I say, kino?

Attached: 1534753396484.jpg (1920x960, 199K)

Fucking faggots probably never played the original

>The game looks fine but gamers always screech about remakes.
kys mindless robo troll. you add literally nothing and can't even put enough effort in to even make it sound like you saw anything yourself.

>slow as fuck
>silky smooth 19fps animations
>ugly designs
good for the 3 player stuff, but they fucked up everything else.
i wouldnt mind if they added a toad chick to make it a 4-player game.

They should've made an M rated game for the adults who actually know who the Battletoads are.

THis looks terrible, i was really disapointed.

bait and switch, it is now a flash game

Fuck boomers and fuck their gay nostalgia. Maybe if you didn't become such disappointing failures yourselves you wouldn't be having a shit fit over not being able to relive your childhood

I think the word you're looking for is poetic

Attached: 1298377588444.jpg (300x300, 6K)

reminder its cuphead reskinned

prove me wrong

You'll never understand how good games we're back in the day you damn zoomer

Attached: 48384361_162200498073420_2515187046729908224_n.jpg (720x729, 56K)

You had to have seen it coming, the only thing they got right this gen was Killer Instinct and Forza Horizon, and it wasn’t even them. They have killed almost everything else they had this gen, it has been pretty impressive.

this. Battletoads sucked, and Microsoft fixed it.

this

from the other thread about this i thought this was going to be unironic GAMERS RISE UP type people having a retard meltdown because they didnt keep the villainness sexy but now that ive actually watched the trailer this is really bad graphically. like i cant tell whats going on on-screen at any given time and the cartoony style doesnt have the attitude id expect from battletoads. looks like shit bros. pretty sad.

I like the Spyro remake, but holy shit they ruined a lot of things from the original, not to mention the game runs poorly on the X. At least this is a new game with a new art style instead of them remaking a classic game with it.

That's the first thing I thought of when I saw the gameplay. If they fix up the animation to be more smooth than I can get behind this.

Nah, the mobile Commander Keen game looks more like Johnny Test with a dash of bootleg Ren & Stimpy. Nu-Battletoads looks like they softened the current TMNT and mixed it with OK Go.

why did they do this

Attached: file.png (1079x584, 640K)

People are saying it looks too much like the new TMNT show
youtube.com/watch?v=iNV6AXPeJeU

Attached: characters_print1.jpg (1200x680, 232K)

Soulless things tend to look alike.

It's a prequel. When Purple Princess hits puberty, watch out world.

Attached: yAjFgqMGG9K7JtcJFOioyTdpM3K.jpg (780x1147, 135K)

This game is peak cartoony soul
>inb4 calarts
calarts is nowhere near this dynamic and expressive

Attached: D8qGN93XsAIqXSK.jpg (1200x675, 224K)

literally reskinned cuphead.
is that a bad thing? no

>battletoads and commander keen both died on the same day
feels weird

>literally

Attached: 1505190642658.png (819x745, 251K)

If cuphead inspired other studios to make their sidescrollers as fluidly animated that's only a good thing

You add even less faggot, cry more about your frog game not being edgy enough

>Dude he's so cool even one of his teeth has sunglasses

Literally a joke for numales

Zippity zoomity. This is why we gate you out of /vr/.

> trannies, feminazi and left cuck ever doubling-don on their decision
That's like admitting they a re wrong. Have you EVER seen they admitting that? EVER, ANYWHERE?

>revive an old IP
>complain about nostalgia
i don't get it

youtube.com/watch?v=_pFYWGo7BWc

Johnny Test is stiff flash, this isn't stuff though the quality should be better in 2019 if they expect more than $20.

dilate

Attached: 1560141936975.png (2048x1280, 951K)

Are you a bot? Because I can't imagine a human sitting down and writing this

Miniforce X, korean animated bootleg Power Rangers show for tiny babies.

Attached: [미니특공대X] 12화 - 할아버지의 과자를 지켜라! (1080p_24fps_H264-128kbit_AAC).mp4_s (1920x1080, 976K)

>April O'Nigger

Attached: 1542825646591.jpg (510x383, 24K)

How many of you have actually beaten the original Battletoads without cheating?

Attached: Terra Tubes.png (1568x2376, 143K)

Those two differ greatly in quality. Oddly enough a kids tv show looks better than a video game

To make her look like a respectable 2019 cartoon villainess rather than a 90s supervillain. Marketing.

>being this blind
Just for animation Cuphead is ten times fucking better lmao

>those scalloped boots
I see some good taste there.

Attached: Time Bokan ep05.flv_snapshot_04.46_[2012.12.01_00.31.13].jpg (640x480, 32K)

>mfw beat it with my friend in early 90s
>we even had VHS tape recorded us beating it

At least we have Streets of Rage

Attached: blaze1.jpg (224x224, 9K)

>Battletoads was a pre-zoomer meme
>even those who only knew the meme and never played the game are in their late 20s or 30s
>make new Battletoads game with aesthetics that would even make zoomers frown at how kiddy it is
Makes you wonder what kind of audience they were hoping to catch with this.

Basically zoomers and culture war fags. The types that REEE'd about she ra being "woke shit"

Attached: 1560059598408m.jpg (494x1024, 47K)

Honestly doesn’t look like a shitty character, but it’s a shitty Dark Queen

REmake 1&2 have gotten nothing but positive receptions.

>The art style is awful. It looks like teen titans go + tmnt reboot + tumblr
>the animations are awful, they look shaky and weird as if they're missing frames, they're not smooth or clean, there's odd speeding up or slowing down
>the character designs are butchered, yet another 90s female character hit with the Anita stick, the toads are fucking stupid looking and their attacks replaced with dumb nonsense
>the devs are fucking snowflake millenial literal who's
Fuck off shill

What did you do about the clinger winger?

>Makes you wonder what kind of audience they were hoping to catch with this.
Zoomers know about BT meme because of boomers.
There was never the plan to remake game for boomers who would be small minority of buyers. Mobile/tablet zoomers is the main audience because they will be 99% fo the sales Thus. game adopted to cater to their modern tastes

You know how money works?

Yeah that's not calarts.

Attached: orig.gif (480x270, 721K)

Will Pepe make an appearance?

Attached: 1550452698165.png (657x527, 32K)

>inb4 another dumb redditnigger wrongly says she was black in the original

I'm not sure what do you mean by that? Screenshot would help it was long time

god bless Dice or whatever the studio that made Wonderboy

>design isn't dark
>design doesn't convey "queen"
It's like, right there on the label and they still fucked it up.

>jpg

Attached: Blaze.webm (1280x720, 2.12M)

MR OBAMA WATCH OUT

Warpless + continue-less. I love Battletoads.
Also, holy shit. This level does not feel that big while playing it.

What the fuck did they do to Dark Queen i'm so mad

Attached: bc3ec26360ae97cd3a35d77db549357abaf163af39a3a7595ec2ec5e7d98f31c.png (962x883, 75K)

Looks like absolute trash.

Zoomers don’t know the BT meme and they won’t spend money on any new game unless it’s an overwatch copy or fortnite.

Pretty much. Hungry for validation for their fears, they turn to a kid friendly indie reboot of a 90s game.

Reminds me of a old ass demo I once played, Battlebeasts I think it was called. It was a fighter where various animals had a cute critter mode and a radicool/edgy battle mode. Mid-90ies release I think.

>Zoomers don’t know the BT
they do though, because it is a meme and they breath memes

They breath vines and dabs

yoshi's craft world looks far better with even better gameplay.
this is a joke. why the fuck have they hyped battletoads last year just to show off this crap?

Maybe, but it doesn't look like Battletoads.

calartoads

BT was before normalfags and zoomers became emotionally dependent on dumb memes.

They fucked up the art style. I can understand wanting to tone it down for a newer generation, but it completely missed the point of the original. They are supposed to be so edgy and cheesy to the point where it becomes funny. The KI models nail it, but this game just looks like a cheap Saturday morning cartoon that Cartoon Network are showing it once a week at 6 am so they can get rid of it as fast as they can.

Attached: 44C90C2F-1800-442A-B686-CF0838C717AA.png (780x840, 2.52M)

Russia has a massive throbbing erection over the edgy 1990's American comic book style. Battletoads is that embodied.

Attached: 1552277305814.jpg (1280x960, 720K)

>muh dynamicism
>muh expression
doesn't mean shit if you can't nail the value structure and everything becomes an unreadable mess

Nah.
It is because of Dendy - ru-version of NES.
Battletoads and BT&Double Dragon was the shit on Dendy

Because the original games had shit tier controls and autists couldn't deny the improvements.

can artstyle be a game killer? yes, see civ vi

Don't shit on something you've never seen. That new TMNT cartoon is one of the better action cartoons of the decade, animation is great for a tv cartoon.

But it's DIFFERENT!

Found a vid if anyone was wondering what I was on about.

youtu.be/8MHOmw59GQU

Got more vibes they were trying to invoke that game then Generic Cal-Arts or BattleTOADS personally.

You know level 11 where you have to outrun the swirling vortex? There's a glitch in the NES version that prevents player 2 from moving, forcing them to lose all their lives until they game over.
Not that I don't believe you though. I'm only curious because I never had any friends willing to play with me past level 4.