I think this is the prime example of a trilogy that got worse with each consecutive game

I think this is the prime example of a trilogy that got worse with each consecutive game.

Attached: Donkey_Kong_Country_Shot_2.png (240x183, 86K)

I only liked DKC 2

DKC2 is the best SNES game of all time

I think this is a prime example of OP being an enormous faggot

Even if you were right, big deal. All three games were fantastic.

I will say that 3 is a pretty big quality drop though.

Apparently it was so good that this ugly green fuck who appeared for 5 seconds in that game belonged in Smash.

Nostaliga faggots should KYS asap. No one gives two shits or knows about some faggot gator from 1935 when your parents weren't divorced.

Literally should have never got in smash. Bayonetta got in because she was relevant and a recent game release, not some literal who green shit.

>inb4 muh rob muh pacman muh duck hunt
Icon characters of different eras or mascot characters. No one gives two shits about literal who the gator

Attached: green cancer.png (1500x1500, 1.64M)

2 > 1 > 3

also you're a faggot

3>2>1

Attached: 201296F3-4FCA-4972-ACAC-A546785B3619.jpg (875x1049, 259K)

I'm biased because I didn't get to fully play 2 until years later but I rather liked 3.

Don;t get me wronfg 2 is still the really good one but I can;t bring myself to hate DKC3.

I lol'd.

Also, the common wisdom that DKC3 is the worst is a meme. It never deserved to be the black sheep.

Attached: Sarazanmai - 02 - Large 11.jpg (1280x720, 300K)

The reason i never completed donkey kong country 3 as a kid was because the retard dumbass kong was there with dixie instead of it being donkey kong and dixie. It made me so autistically angry all the time that I just quit playing through the game. I fucking hate that game.

Donkey kong country 1 and 2 are some of my favorites, though I do think 1 is much better than 2.

Attached: 1554423036636.jpg (736x1043, 154K)

Seethe.

Trying a little too hard there. I dont even buy that you're seething.

Why do you think 1 is a lot better than 2?

DKC2 > DKC

the sequels have their pros and cons.
DKC2 had a huge upgrade in co op / character interaction. The pony tail helicopter and teamthrow really spiced things up.
DKC3 as well had a charming overworld travelling system.

hey guess what faggot he got in the game and there nothing you can do about it and im having lots of fun playing as one of my faverote villians

liking 1 better than 2 means you're gay

are you gay?

I just have a lot of better memories when I played through it. I enjoyed seeing my dad playing as the big ape and me playing as diddy. I remember playing through the game numerous times because my dad loved that game. We would look around the levels trying to find secrets all the time. Upon replaying the game once i became older, the same feelings of fun stayed with me. Seeing the backgrounds, looking at the character animations and hearing the music makes me feel nostalgic and i love it.

DKC 2 doesn't have those magical moments with me I guess. I loved the game playing through it and the difficulty made me angry at times. Upon looking at the game back, i just have those 'oh yea its that level' and its much different from DKC1.

So yea, most of this is an opinion but they are still both great games.

Attached: 1552291144359.gif (220x236, 307K)

Or Jak and Daxter, though I do respect the complete genre shift. That was a pretty bold move

DKC2 was an improvement in almost every way over DKC1. I still to this day don't understand the hate for DKC3 either. It wasn't as good as DKC2 really but 3 had a ton of unique one off mechanics that were only in one stage with a ton of variety. DKC1 was always the weakest in my opinion the level variety is nowhere near as diverse as DKC2/3.

DKC was never good. DKCR was good, so was TF. Fuck the original games.

t. lost 80 lives on snow barrel blast

Those sound like comfy memories. Hope your dad's still alive and well.

>tl;dr I have more nostalgia for DKC1
you could at least try to analyze the games a little from a more objective standpoint.

fuck off zoomer moron

>t. lost 80 lives on snow barrel blast
My first few playthroughs as a kid I always just ended up getting lucky and hitting the shortcut. I'm pretty sure Rare threw it in there so that you would just end up hitting it by chance after enough attempts.

I could write a 10 page essay about why DKC1 is objectively better.

no one wants to read your opinion piece take that to kotaku

Thanks user, the only other game i remember him playing with me a lot was luigis mansion and MK2. Those are some of the only memories i have with him before college since I barely saw him at all. Hope your dad is doing well.

DKC1 has better aesthetics

Attached: 1550120503831.gif (200x200, 70K)

That's not Deus Ex

I got the shortcut. The problem was later in the level when the speed of the barrels changed so much that even the slightest failure meant you may as well have had your dick in your hand. The barrel could have been pointing at another direction entirely and it's your fault for choosing to shoot in the direction which you ostensibly will be shot in. That level proves why this game is terrible. The physics are awful. The jumping is awful. The bosses are awful and awfully easy. Donkey Kong Country is shit. If you disagree, it's because you were between 5 and 10 at the time of its release and thing looking pretty justifies it being a turd.

It's why the later games are actually good. You don't have to guess when the image of a barrel facing a certain direction isn't facing another and mongoloids like you justify it as a design decision rather than a limitation of the time. KYS, if I didn't make that clear.