Could realistic guns in Sonic work if executed right, or was it doomed from the start?

Could realistic guns in Sonic work if executed right, or was it doomed from the start?

Attached: D71WfuWUIAA1ybX.jpg (921x681, 76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wxsZmmxUgkM
youtube.com/watch?v=g3FQ7JL206g
youtube.com/watch?v=I4HNBeWUgQ0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's just not a good idea
Who said that you should be able to do drive-by's on a motorcycle in Sonic

Shadow gay etc.

shadow

fuck off /sthg/

controversial gaming opinion but shadow the hedgehog was a better game than sonic adventure 1 and 2 and sonic heroes. people just didn't like the fact that you play as shadow and use guns. other than that it was a great game

as someone who very recently 100%ed shadow the hedgehog sans all possible ending path combinations (200+ no fucking way) I gotta say shadow was infinitely more consistent in its execution than heroes and was one of the most fun ones for me to complete thus far given its arcade-like structure, but as a regular game for your average joe I think it really missed the mark. was a lot more fun than heroes after the third zone, but I wouldn’t put it above SA1 and SA2

>but I wouldn’t put it above SA1 and SA2
I think those are significantly better than heroes, but honestly the bad aspects of those games are so bad (yeah I'm talking about knuckles/omega/amy/tails(sa2)/eggman/rouge missions) that it makes it hard to enjoy playing them from start to finish

that’s a fair point. personally I would still put at least adventure 1 over it since:
- knuckles’ stages are significantly smaller than SA2’s and have fixed emerald positions on restart
- amy’s story is really short
- big’s story is also very short and easy after you figure its mechanics out
- gamma is just plain fun
but with some mental gymnastics I could maybe put it on top of SA2. until recently it was my least favorite game in the franchise to 100% before I started playing secret rings and don’t get me started on that trainwreck.

Guns were one of the least of the game's problems.

Say what you want about Heroes, but Shadow the Hedgehog has garbage physics, awful voiceacting, terrible mission design; not in a million fucking years will your nostalgia make it better than the Adventures.

Look at this shit
youtube.com/watch?v=wxsZmmxUgkM

a contrarian in its purest form

Why would he need guns if hes hypersonic or faster? He could punch somebody into a cloud of pink mist going at that speed much more efficient than any gun.

>big’s story
holy shit how could I forget about this, it's even worse than everything else I listed
>gamma
Idk why I thought he was called omega and not gamma... but I didn't like those missions

He probably uses them 'cause he thinks it makes him look cool. He's only 15.

>hes hypersonic or faster
he's not
this isn't Sonic X powerlevels

He can easily break the sound barrier. It's said that he's as fast as Sonic, and they've said that Sonic can run at fucking light speed a couple of times. Thinking that Shadow can go at hypersonic speeds isn't a stretch.

At least make sure the characters don't seem like toddlers playing with toy guns. It's just comedical to look at.

Attached: Shadow-the-hedgehog-20050825004605315.jpg (800x600, 120K)

lmao its bigger than him

this is never shown in Adventure so it practically doesn't exist
I don't remember them saying what you claim either

I can't take midgets wielding guns seriously kek

Pic related is the furthest the Sonic series should go with absurdity.
Any more and ~25 year olds harp on Sonic to try and sound funny.

Attached: Silver.png (729x936, 1.23M)

Shadow can boost, which is breaking the sound barrier. It's stated that Sonic can go at light speed in the Guinness book & an Unleashed manual. One of his and Shadow's moves is literally called the "light speed dash"

he's overcompensating

>he pumps the smg grip as his eyes narrow
youtube.com/watch?v=g3FQ7JL206g

youtube.com/watch?v=I4HNBeWUgQ0

>Sonic X
That show looked horrible, but im pretty sure guides and other feats have shown them at hypersonic or higher.

Attached: IMG_0224 (Edited).jpg (332x533, 40K)

It was a Saturday morning cartoon, so you'd have gotten what you'd expected.
Its opening still has more soul than the majority of games' main theme after Adventure 2.