"we aren't going to change the story"

>"we aren't going to change the story"
>Aeries summons ghosts after touching Cloud

Oh ok

Attached: rqwer.jpg (1265x707, 328K)

Except they always said they were adding new stuff in

Wouldn't be surprised if they never leave Midgar in this remake.

>mfw they cut the Midgar Zool out of the game

>Things that we're never said.

They won't. Because this is just the first episode.

They said they were going to change the story and add new things to surprise players of the original.

I don't remember the orignal game being released in pieces. Is this even an RPG?

GHOST AERIS COMFIRMED

It was released in pieces, but due to memory limitations. You still got all the pieces at once though

>I don't remember the orignal game being released in pieces.
It wasn't. SquareEnix is splitting it into pieces to milk the fans even more. Just like they tried to do with FFXV. Unlike FFXV, this one will be guaranteed to sell just on its name.

great, more reason to play it. if it's the same shit from 20 years ago, well I already played that.

Since when could aeris summon ghosts?

>if it's the same shit from 20 years ago, well I already played that.
Problem is that the shit from 20 years ago is better than this shit

That seems like a bad idea though in the long run. Plenty of people will buy it day one who probably dont follow online news, they'll get pissed off when it turns out that they have to wait another few years to get the second part, and they'll see constantly diminishing sales.
Plus we've seen nothing but the opening section, I wonder if this is just a Ground Zeroes-tier demo now.

I don't think she's summoning, considering she's asking Cloud to help her

It's guaranteed not to be the same game as before, even if they kept all the story the same. Because it'll have an entirely different translation compared to the shit one we got on PS1. And as a result, everyone will have an entirely different personality.

But beyond that, they're going to change a ton of stuff. Really, the fans are going to hate every single thing the game does, because it will be different from their memories of the original game. But they'll still buy and play it, of course. Just like they bought all those horrible spin off games.

Attached: 1508549637943.jpg (627x885, 210K)

Since when are there ghosts in ff7 besides generic enemies?

Literally Cloud

Attached: Curse.jpg (869x943, 231K)

Yes, it is a bad idea. But only if you look at it from an artistic point of view. Square doesn't care about art or quality. They only care about what will make the most money. And splitting the game into multiple episodes and adding tons of DLC will make more money than one big release.

oh ok you're just a bitter old ass boomer, fuck off.
you're not the target audience

its just sephiroth clones, calm the fucking down

>they'll still buy and play it, of course. Just like they bought all those horrible spin off games.
lol no. I wiped my hands of ff7 after watching the awful movie. Never touched shit like crisis core and dirge of cerberus and never will. This remake looks shit as well

But it is though.

You got Disc 1, 2 and 3. SE is staying true to the series by emulating it with episodic format.

Just wanna throw this in here. But “Midgar Zolom” is supposed to be Midgardsormr.

Crisis Core is a great game. Only good spin-off FF

are you afraid fo that?
you should be afraid they have the balls to include genesis and angeal

Kill yourself by dropping a slot machine on yourself.

The ghosts are probably some shit related to Cloud having Zack's memories and reacting to their encounter for the first time. They already said they're gonna add stuff from the compilation, so it'd be funny if they were Genesis ghosts.

>Only good spin-off FF
Not only is that wrong, but the best FF in the whole series is a low budget spin off.

Attached: Theatrhythm_Curtain_Call_Logo.jpg (464x273, 123K)

>Doesn't even know what Sephiroth clones are.
I fucking hate you stupid ass know-nothing zoomers.

Attached: SephirothClone.png (133x230, 4K)

>inb4 she survives

>SE is staying true to the series by emulating it with episodic format.
Oh god, the apologists have started.

Attached: barf_zelda.jpg (571x659, 53K)

part 1 will be all about midgar
watch

its called a remake dumbass
R E M A K E
its not a remaster
its a remake
they're remaking the game

Attached: 1559450705614.png (800x917, 495K)

It's probably her connection to the life stream, the spirits of the dead/consciousness from the mako are haunting her

don't have to play the game to know what those things are retard, the game can be absorbed just fine through a youtube playthrough.
and those clones hardly appeared anyway

>in a dlc

Well, it's good you avoided it. But like 6 million others bought Crisis Core. That's 70% of the sales of FFVII itself. That's ridiculous for a spin off game that's not even canon. And sadly, this new game might make it canon.

Probably, but I hold out hope they at least make it to Kalm

That was all one big game though I thought. Plus with the game probably being delayed after taking it away from CC2, remaking the game in what seems to be an ARPG format instead of turn based stuff, and going into this direction, I wonder if it'll be a literal decade before this remake will be fully completed. RE2make was in production for a while and even then certain aspects were reworked or didn't make it in.

Part 1 should at least go up to before Ancient temple if they are going to have any semblance of pacing

Then part 2 will end with Aeris dying and Part 3 up to the end

>watches youtube playthroughs instead of playing games.
First off. Kill yourself. How the fuck are you gonna complain about changes made to a game you never even fucking played? How big of a contrarian fag are you?
Secondly, they're taking existing story elements and using them to flesh out the more shallow portions of the script to ensure the game's original narrative doesn't come across as too simple or dated by modern standards, you stupid fuck.

>we aren't going to change the story
>changes the story
it's called not changing the story
they're changing the story
consider the following: fuk u

Crisis core was fucking kino

She didn't summon them. It's obvious that there was something only see could see, and after touching Cloud, he could see them too.

What the fuck is Square doing to the story?

The story is literally just reading along with some cheap ass cutscenes, if you cut the combat it can save a fuckton of time playing through it if you just want the story. who fucking cares.

Buy Final Fantasy© VII Remake! Now with the ability to revive Aerith®, for the low low price of $19.99 DLC. Note, Aerith® DLC does not include Yuffie®, VIncent® or the new character Darth Cait Sith®.

Attached: 1530903159273.jpg (789x870, 83K)

some black shit swirling around is considered huge plot changes now

Calling it. Sephiroth is fucking with the lifestream(the whole negative lifestream nonsense in AC) and Aeris connection to the planet causes the ghosts and shit to appear.

>have only seen the first half hour of the game and not even Tifa, one of the early playable characters
>Ancient Temple
LOL!

They didn't change the story, but they will add more to it.

This is the fanbase who has written entire fanfics out of what people don't say in cutscenes. Something actually visible will make them go crazy with speculation. They're as bad as Star Wars and Eva fans.

Shut up, faggot, I don't even know what you're trying to say with your broken ass syntax.

From cloaked to smoked.

They just remodeled them

Attached: NPC-ffvii-clone.png (133x230, 7K)

I thought most FF7 fanfiction was Cloud and Sephiroth fucking.
Also Cid and Vincent for some reason.

Attached: 422424.gif (591x856, 391K)

If they're going to divide the game into 3 parts there's no way part 1 could be that small unless it's intentionally being released as the smallest part. Midgar isn't even 15% of actual FF VII

Yea Forums is filled with children who have never played FFVII. Reactions to these trailers have made this more apparent than ever.
Yea Forums is zoomer cancer now. It's time for us to leave.

OH BOY I CAN'T WAIT FOR GACKT AKA GENESIS TO BE FULLY FEATURED AND INSERTED WHERE HE NEVER BELONGED AGAIN.

At least Aeris isn't black or gay

You're just mad because im right.

>there's no way it's gonna be that small
>here's exactly how it could be
hahaha read your own shit next time. They even already said some shit will be cut overall to "have a better flow and update it for a modern audience"

There is a better chance of Keanu Reeves being in FF7 as Cid than there is of them cutting big snek.
I played it earlier this year, I don't remember the clones outside of the part at Hojo's mansion.

>call it FF7 remake
>still no mention in the title that it's only part 1 of who knows how many parts
can't wait for dipshits to buy it not realizing that it isn't even the whole game and get pissed off desu.

This.
Zoomers here are chomping at the bit to complain

lmao who cares about fanfic writers?

I can't wait for REVIVE AERITH DLC!

something something here forever

>Leaving
Funny joke user

Obsessed fans. Just like Star Wars and Eva, where fanfics got so big, they actually got people jobs in the industry.

Can’t wait for all the new fics/doujins of muh Sephi/Cloud

>"We aren't going to change the story"
>Cloud has sex.

Attached: download.jpg (223x226, 10K)

I'm more looking forward to the Aeris/sephy ones :). can she heal his poor traumatized heart?

Will we be able to farm exp?

For a low low price of $9.99 you'll get a building to grind in! *level progress will not carry over*

Name something that could be cut that would actually create a substantial amount of time being saved that isn't actually important.

you aren't even going to be able to select your own party members due to voice actor costs
have fun using preset party members for specific stretches of the game with no option to use who you want

This.

This guy gets it. I can play the original right now if I wanted to, there's no point in remaking something if you're doing a 1:1 copy of it

zoom zoom zoomer

I'm the only one that enjoyed the entirety of the FF7 compilation.

Big Materia, running around on the mountain, Fort Condor, the Moogle mini game, all the Weapons except the one story relevant one. That's just off the top of my head.

That said, I think they should be adding in more stuff. Especially more development for Aeris before she dies and more development for the Turks. And improvements to exploring the world. Maybe this will be the first FF game with meaningful search options like a DQ game (yeah right).

How? I guess I can see how some may like CC, but AC and especially DoC are absolute garbage. Especially DoC Holy Fuck.

I think it's going to come out in 3 pieces
>Part 1: Midgar up to Midgar Escape, with a TON of added content
>Part 2: Midgar Escape to Ancient Temple
>Part 3: Ancient Temple to Ending

Part 1: 2020
Part 2: 2029
Part 3: Cancelled, you'll never ever get the whole game.

This is my prediction, screencap it.

>On November 26, it was reported that Square CEO Hisashi Suzuki was to step down as the company's President and that COO Yoichi Wada was to replace him in December with a restructuring plan for the company. On May 28, 2002 it was detailed that in Wada's restructuring of the company, that "while Square formally took a development style where teams were formed and dispersed per project, developers will now be fixed into divisions. Source codes and resources will be shared for efficiency, and employees will receive varying bonuses depending on the profit of their division. By settling developers into groups, Square also aims for the developers to re-use the titles they have developed, making game development more cost efficient. Development costs- originally 2-3 Billion yen, are expected to fall to 1 Billion yen." In addition, the company revealed plans to release two Final Fantasy X spinoffs that would later become Final Fantasy X-2.

I agree. This is the Sonic 4 of RPGs

>Following the success of both Final Fantasy X and Kingdom Hearts, the company recovered its stability and recorded the highest operating margin in its history in fiscal year 2002. It was announced on November 25, 2002 that Square and Enix's previous plans to merge were to officially proceed. As described by Yoichi Wada "Square has also fully recovered, meaning this merger is occurring at a time when both companies are at their height."Despite this, some shareholders had doubts about the merger, notably Square's original founder and largest shareholder, Masafumi Miyamoto, who would find himself holding significantly less if the two RPG behemoths were to go ahead with the deal. Other criticism came from Takashi Oya of Deutsche Securities who expressed doubts about the benefits of such a merger. "Enix outsources game development and has few in-house creators, while Square does everything by itself. The combination of the two provides no negative factors but would bring little in the way of operational synergies, he said." Masafumi Miyamoto's issue was eventually resolved, by altering the exchange ratio of one Square share for 0.81 Enix shares, thus greenlighting the merger, and on April 1, 2003, Square Enix was formed.

Absolutely based user. New shit makes things worth, it means we get the fun of speculation

Too bad Nomura is at the helm.

You don't decide what's canon. Compilation is canon, you angry autismo.

Guys what if furry simulator DLC with Red XIII fucking his furry wife

based.

It's Aerith, you bunch of seething boomers.

aside from big materia most of that isn't really time consuming
That's like 2 hours tops

I like the everything about it. Including On the way to a smile.
I can't get enough of the game and i'm a sucker for it.

I've submitted to the idea that I don't want 1:1 remakes of older games 90% of the time because, simply put, they'd never get what makes the originals great. From art styles, to gameplay physics, to the most arbitrary of shit. If I could jump in a Timesplitters remake, i'd probably bitch about it, on top of complaining about the visuals in some way or another.

So when a remake actually tries to be a new game using the original as a basis rather than just a prettied up remaster with totally new assets on top while fucking up fundamentals (ie: Shadow of the Colossus), I can approach it seeing the new artist's intentions rather than seeing them fail to recreate the old ones.

>On the way to a smile.
Goddamn user that's even worse.

crisis core was obviously assembled from a bunch of cutting room floor resources and story, it felt so disjointed

that said it had it's moments

The people who made the games are the ones who said they're not canon. Nomura might decide to make some aspects of it canon by adding them to the remake.

Just fucking wait until all the extended FFVII canon shit starts showing up.
Right now they're hiding it because they know it's garbage.

>I don't remember the orignal game being released in pieces
Disc 1
Disc 2
FF7 Dirge of Cerberus
FF7 Zacks adventure
FF7 something something

>Dude we know its garbage, why do we put it agaiN?
>haha dont know
?

Maybe im too retarded to understand why its disliked. I found the stories nice to listen to during work.

That's modern Square in a nutshell.

They're not stupid enough to put Genesis in the first trailer, but they're far too stubborn to discard all of that trash.

Makes it better, confirms kino

Unfortunately it's not just a zoomer thing. I know a 31 year old who watches Let's Plays of more games than he plays. He occasionally plays some of the games he watches LP's for, but he mostly just replays Pokemon and a few other things.

Except Nomura hasn't made a good game in over a decade.

I kinda feel like I'm probably the same too. I wasn't at all excited about the Spyro or MediEvil remakes because I still have the original games and old graphics don't bother me.

>The people who made the games are the ones who said they're not canon.

When did anyone from SE say that the Compilation stuff isn't canon?

Here's the thing though. Disc 1 went outside of Midgar. This probably won't.

>big game for 90s
>not enough to fit in single disc
>muh episodic

Attached: 1476003998312.jpg (300x250, 27K)