Death Stranding is Sonys "big" game for the holidays

>Death Stranding is Sonys "big" game for the holidays
>FF7 Remake is coming out March 3rd which is still a timed PS exclusive
>Cyberpunk is coming in April so there's no point trying to compete with a game that big

If it doesn't come out in January or February I'd be a little worried. Bet it still comes out before Dreams though lmao

Attached: 1529770256682.jpg (1521x1888, 1.26M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_games
youtu.be/btmN-bWwv0A
youtu.be/vjF9GgrY9c0
techradar.com/news/ghost-of-tsushima-could-release-as-soon-as-2020
youtube.com/watch?v=BF0EaH73ee4&t=160s
youtu.be/noplvF3aV-Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

TLOU2 is bigger and more hyped than Cyberpunk though

the last of us 2 hasn't come out yet? what?

>TLOU2 is bigger and more hyped than Cyberpunk though

Attached: 1482893605769.gif (480x287, 1.21M)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_games

Despite being a multi-plat GOTY winner, Witcher 3 is not even on the list

Ehh, Cyberpunk is that big open world multiplat that comes out every year everyone hypes up. For example

2013 - GTAV
2014 - Watch Dogs
2015 - The Witcher 3 (Fallout 4 was pretty hyped too)
2016 - No Man's Sky
2017 - Breath of the Wild (that's technically an exclusive but I'm counting it anyway)
2018 - RDR2

living in a bubble, TLoU is worshipped outside of Yea Forums

Not gonna pick up Last of Us 2 until actual reviews, not paid reviews, come in. Enjoyed 1, and wasn't really that taken aback by the DLC. But they've been pushing the LQBT angle hard as fuck this time around to appear woke. Not to mention I really can't see how they'll write an engaging sequel to the 1st game. Sophomore entries in lots of mediums tend to not be as good as the 1st.

see

The hype is not that good for Cyberpunk though. It's not really what people wanted but they are willing to give it a go because CDPR has such a good reputation

I would have agreed before Keanu, Keanu sent Cyberpunk fucking skyrocketing up in anticipation.

I dont see how theyre pushing any LGBT angle if she was gay from the start.

>Watch Dogs

It really doesn't matter what game is more hyped the point is there's really no point in trying to compete with each other.

EA has learned this the hard way the last few years

how many chicks did she make out with in the first game? was that shit in the DLC?

>Drumpf pic

Kys.

Attached: 1552210933551.jpg (2066x1532, 754K)

One in the DLC and they were both 13. It was basically like a SelfDrillingSMS scene

TLOU is literally the most beloved game America has ever made, normalfags are obsessed with it. Even Yea Forums loves TLOU.

october would be a good time for it

Don't know about from the start, there really wasn't anything in the 1st game that implied anything, just that her best friend Riley was killed. The DLC set up her love and kiss with Riley. That's fine and all.
But then you have E3 presentation where they dedicated a whole scene of a deep embrace and kiss with smelly girl. It was obviously for the audience clapping. Then the defensive statements from the writers.
I am entirely fine with gay characters. Just don't present them as if you're expecting applause on their sexuality. Why couldn't they have just showed her giving a quick kiss to her partner or just some other way of intimacy? As much as a lot of you hate it, the world of 2019 is vastly different from 2013.

lmao, that's actually sad. Can't imagine paying extra cash just to have the surrogate daughter turn out to be a dyke

Retailers already leaked a October 2019 release

>TLoU is worshipped outside of Yea Forums
Oh please, everyone stopped talking about it two weeks after E3.

No it's not you cocksucking liar.

Attached: 1560135325828.jpg (600x800, 242K)

I'd say a late May release.

Boy, are you going to have to learn fast. They intentionally designed that scene to be disgusting. That's why they threw in the smell comments. They aren't looking for your approval, they are looking for your submission.

>Imfuckingplying I'm trusting any of those yugoslavian retail "leaks"

He beat Mueller.

Wrong

No it's not shut up. Everyone hates TLOU

Attached: 1526482037651090350.jpg (316x237, 21K)

That would be nice. I think they only started developing TLOU2 in-earnest when they finished Uncharted TLL back in summer 2017, so they've been working on it for almost 3 years. Seems like they would need more time than that for this game though with how much people are expecting from it

Take a walk outside sometime, snoyboy.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSS

Attached: 1528800689739.jpg (1340x914, 186K)

Cope
> Best Storyline Lists: The Last Of Us (6th Overall)
> Best Soundtrack Lists: The Last of Us (13th Overall)
> Best Game Ever Lists: The Last of Us (31st Overall)
> Best Game Lists Topped: The Last Of Us (18th Overall)

I mean 2 years, that was literally a typo

I dont give a shit about this game and will not buy it until it's free

youtu.be/btmN-bWwv0A
>TLoU 2 gameplay
>released June 2018 (1 year ago)
>13M views, 422K likes, 25K dislikes
youtu.be/vjF9GgrY9c0
>Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay
>released August 2018 (10 months ago)
>16M views, 545K likes, 9.4K dislikes

cope, TLoU 2 is nothing but another movie game by sony.

Attached: 1560076864377.jpg (398x376, 16K)

so(n)yboys don't actually believe this, do they?
oh god they probably do.

Attached: 1482905728941.gif (459x259, 3.86M)

Based user raking in those (You)s

TloU Part 1 came out in June 2013, the week of E3
expect another June release, or at least June-September

Attached: bite.jpg (1280x720, 62K)

That gameplay demo for CP2077 only has more views because they blueballed people at E3, sahowing it behind closed doors.
That user is right, a story driven game will always beat any open world, because normies don't have time to waste on 80' hours RPGs, they want compelling, well told stories.

>TLOU2 will stealth release in 4 days

It's a bold move but I like it

obviously I meant 2020

so how come these "normies" are still buying these open world 80 hour RPGs, user?
WHY DO THEY STILL SELL 10 TIMES BETTER?

Last of Us, Uncharted and God of War are all massive sellers.
If they were multiplat, they'd destroy pretty much anything.

regular people are familiar with movies, and that's why they crave cinematic games.

they don't want to scour through a spread sheet assigning points.

Even open worlds that somehow get popular, are the more cinematic ones, like GTA

>they don't want to scour through a spread sheet assigning points.
So explain to me why they're literally the best selling games of all time apart from the latest Battle Royal fad?

FF7 > TLOU 2 > Death Stranding > Cyberpunk, in terms of actual fanbase and purchases. You can bet good money on that.

Is Dreams really not this year?

Also what about Nips of Sushi? Any word on that?

What about Skyrim?
I mean you aren't doing spreadsheet stuff, but builds, smithing, alchemy, enchanting, etc are all a lot more complex than the stuff in linear cinematic games. And Skyrim sold 30 million copies+

Attached: fus ro dah.jpg (1200x630, 133K)

Anyone who's smart is gonna buy Cyberpunk on PC tho. That game will be way better on PC than any console.

It is early 2020, the rumors are all lining up, so expect it with GoT along with everything else announced at E3.

Vtechradar.com/news/ghost-of-tsushima-could-release-as-soon-as-2020

I’m guessing the Ubi game is Ghost Recon? We will see tomorrow I guess.

Ghost Recon Breakpoint got announced a few weeks ago user

I lost my hype for cyberpunk after
>first person
>sun

Ghost of Tsushima is likely mid-2020 judging from recent Sucker Punch job hirings.

Tlou will do better than ff7, that shit is fucking episodic, Cyberpunk will do better than death stranding

Can't believe it either that the press hyped it up to be the next big thing.

Cyberpunk and TLOU2 are far, far above the other
FF7 is a 20-year old JRPG with anime designs from that era. Only neckbeard and oldfag weebs will care for it
Death Stranding is also a hipster thing made for the kind of people who watch GDC keynotes and post on Twitter about their latest Starbucks coffee

But I don't care about TLOU user.

death stranding is SONY IP but not a game made by SONY first party studio. I dont think Sony is lenient toward death stranding and kojima as much as toward first party

all of death stranding information tell us clearly its a rushed game

how can you be retard like this

Cringe

Go back to Resetera, tranny

Oh, and dilate

> FF7 literally grossed 1.7 Billion dollars
> Somehow not iconic normalfag tier
Seething westie

It's a PS5 game.

Then why is there a giant PS4 logo on the box?

Why do people like TLOU so much? It's got a shitty story and characters. The gameplay isn't anything special. What's the big deal with it?

Because you're being lied to.

Attached: 1531681001955.jpg (606x699, 54K)

The Witcher 3 and TLOU both sold way over 10+ million copies
I don't think either FFXV and MGSV even crossed that mark
FF7 is gonna sell alright, but the time when Final Fantasy as a brand was relevant is long gone

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAHAHAA

When it comes to popularity in West, TLOU will dethrone Cyberpunk.

Who gives a fuck about this shit. I'm not even someone who hated the first game, I quite loved it actually. This one however just looks shit and boring and with modern naughty dog at the helm it will be guaranteed to be trash.

Cope. Pretending it's laughable doesn't make it any less true

Actually I care immensely

This, normalfags absolutely love it and it will sell like hot cakes.

I give a fuck about it. Look at these giblets

Attached: gibbed.webm (1920x1080, 2.21M)

FFXV actually got outsold by Horizon Zero Dawn, lmao

Why?

>who gives a shit about this game
Leave Yea Forums every once in a awhile perhaps

yeah look at all that glorious ubisoft approved "gameplay"

>every third person game is Oobysoft!!

Attached: derp.png (756x900, 59K)

15 was trash so no surprise there

Why not?

I'm talking about the fact that the footage shown is pre-rendered bullshit, you fucking grade A brainlet.
Goddamn, get a clue.

Every mainline FF game since the PS1 era has grossed 1 billion dollars except FF8 & FF9

I can’t wait for Yea Forums to seethe when the game does immensely well

Yea Forums seethe's all the time
it's just white noise now

It's not bigger than Cyberpunk 2077 though.

Because it seems very mediocre and not worth the money.

>pre-rendered bullshit,
lmao you are retarded. Nobody has ever claimed it was pre rendered (that means it'd be like a literal video file that you could seek through). The big accusation is that it's all scripted gameplay tailored for the demo, where the enemies act that way every time and Ellie is supposed to follow a specific demo-path for it to be most impressive to audiences. All the things like crafting explosives, shooting arrows and doing melee-finishers on stunned enemies are fundamental combat mechanics you could already do in TLOU 1.
Also reminder that the E3 demo for Uncharted 4 was pretty much exactly what we got with the final game.

Attached: 1552603367683.webm (1024x576, 2.69M)

Just look at the number of views on each trailer from last years E3, TLOU2 has 13m, Cyberpunk has 17m. They're both popular games, just Cyberpunk is more popular and more hyped.

I genuinely feel bad for gullible retards like you.
I suppose you get hyped from Ubisoft trailers as well.

What the fuck do you even know about it? You're just willfully ignorant

Does anyone actually seriously like Naughty Dog games? They just feel like games that people buy to justify owning a console to me. You know, games like Gears of War, Killzone, Resistance, Crackdown, Zombie U, 1 2 Switch, Red Steel, The Conduit etc. Nobody is actually that invested in these games - they just buy them when there’s nothing else out because they’re “exclusive”.

Why would anyone choose to buy a new naughty dog generic TPS game when there’s actual games to play coming out? Wait until a game drought and then get the last of us collection in the bargain bin.

We get fed this bullshit all the time and the reason they keep doing it is because absolute morons like you all wrapped up in your "HOYPE" are too mentally deranged to take a critical and more realistic look.

Attached: eNkAvSb.jpg (960x760, 80K)

I love when I press a button in a game and the main character slides around into predefined animations. Really makes it feel like I'm hardly in control, which is obviously what you want in a video game.

Attached: Melee auto aim.webm (1280x720, 2.93M)

Tell me what are some of those "actual games to play" so we can laugh a bit

I like Crash Bandicoot the first Jak and Daxter game.

Different genres exist. It's a third person shooter, not a hack n slash game. Melee is just a tool in your arsenal

OP mentioned FF7 remake (which I personally don’t like the direction of but is inarguably a huge release) and Cyberpunk. There’s also Death Stranding and Doom Eternal coming out soon and From just announced a new release. Those are at least five games I’d rather buy than TLoU2.

Do you expect a game to look like the top half? Just imagine how many fucking gigabytes that would be

Monster Hunter Iceborne. Arch-Tempered-Hyper-Apex Dinovaldo is going to be fun!

Nah, literally nobody on the planet likes them. We're just fucking with you because you're so important and all that

Yeah I should have said “recent naughty dog games”. Crash and Jak were fucking great.

These mediocre, ultra-scripted third person shooter games that they’ve been pumping out recently on the other hand...

It's not even a good third person shooter
what the hell is the point of this game

Oh, what happened to "the E3 demo for Uncharted 4 was pretty much exactly what we got with the final game"? Hmmm?

>It's a third person shooter
Yeah one with cover mechanics, braindead AI and basically 2 enemy types both of which can be instant stealth killed.

I’m not him

I love their games. They make some of the best TPS games out there, and I say that as someone who cares way more about good gameplay than good story. I guess if you don't like third person games they will always seem boring to you though

Attached: U4 convoy.webm (960x540, 2.96M)

the alternative to lock on batman combat is RE2 and RE4 melee combat which is fucking disgusting.

Attached: 1354208480017.jpg (125x120, 3K)

Did you know that Vanquish shits all over any Uncharted game?

Muh so deep story that’s just a rehash or a dozen Hollywood movies like The Road, 28 Days/Weeks Later and Children of Men. The same plot was even executed better in that walking dead telltale game that was released around the same time.

Both of those require actual positioning and brain activity other than mashing the square button.

I was talking about the E3 2015 demo. You know, the biggest demo they released for the game as well as the final demo to come out before it released the next year.
They said the E3 2014 teaser was alpha footage and not necessarily going to be representative of the final game.

It doesn't though. Vanquish is overrated as fuck, and mostly just by you weebs here on Yea Forums

Vanquish
Binary Domain
Max Payne
Resi Evil 4 and 5

All fucking miles better than Naughty Dog shooters. Hell, I had like twice as much fun playing Final Fantasy Dirge is Cerberus as I had playing Uncharted 2. Visually, it was very impressive, but mechanically it was one of the most bland games I’ve ever played.

Cyberpunk is yet another generic open world fps. There are dozens of them, just play Far Cry new dawn and pretend in your head it's cyberpunk 2077.

Leave the linear action games to people who actually like games like Half Life and doom 2016. They're more beloved than any open world game ever made, and that's not my opinion that's a fact.

Attached: juk5abp2use21.jpg (1300x877, 178K)

yeah but it feels somehow worse than just pushing a single button. it's like whiffing at the air.

on that note, Dead Space melee combat was pretty good

Resi 5

Attached: 1515338227926.gif (200x270, 1.09M)

>Cyberpunk is yet another generic open world fps. There are dozens of them
Unlike scripted setpiece movie games. Now those are rare these days.

it's been 5 years, let it go.

Resi 5 is a fucking great action game. If we’re gonna pretend that TLoU is actually a competent zombie shooter then Resi 5 must be a masterpiece.

Yeah I know that demo, the one that got downgraded to shit.

No those games get released every year.

More like it’s been two generations of these bland as fuck movie games designed to let you “turn you brain off”.

Your post is completely wrong. I hope that you understand that and go back to twitteredditwitch where you belong.

HL1 and nuDoom are way more fun than the snore of us

Attached: 1408680305046.jpg (329x399, 44K)

oh god there are RE5 apologists now? What the fuck.

RE5 was good for what it was on release. It’s the RE6 apologists who need to fuck off. That game was absolute garbage as both a horror game AND an action game.

>Tank control shit like RE4/5 next to fluid action-shooters like Max Payne and Vanquish
>Implying Uncharted isn't also a fluid action-shooter

Max Payne, Vanquish and Uncharted 4 are all around the same level gameplay-wise

Attached: big swing.webm (800x450, 2.99M)

Compared to modern naughty dog games re5 is a masterpiece.

there have been dozens of open world games designed to let you turn your brain off and Cyberpunk is just another one of those. TLOU wrote the book on how to do moviegames, CP77 is basically a ubisoft game in every way except actually being developed by ubisoft. when it's released in 2020 it's going to already be half a decade late to market. You have no argument.

give it a few years, resident evil 6 will be considered a cult classic.

Tank controls >>>>> press X to awesome "gameplay"

>Cyberpunk is just another one of those
Oh so you’ve played it? Can you give as some more leaks about the game’s systems and quest lines?

Boy I can't wait to play lesbian cinematic zombie killer, truly the height of interactive story telling.

>press X to awesome "gameplay"
Meaningless buzzwords used to try and make fluid, responsive controls w/ good animations somehow seem like a bad thing

It already is and it makes me mad.

Imagine playing the last of us

>context sensitive actions out the ass
>fluid, responsive controls
Pick one.

well it's hard to judge since it's not out, but consider that TLoU sold over 17 million as a sony exclusive while Witcher 3 sold less as a multiplat. CP 2077 doesn't have the hype of continuing an existing IP while TLoU does

This who doesn't want to fulfill all their lesbian killing fantasies

He’s right though. The “smooth animations” absolutely ruin the gameplay. You can’t be creative at all about how you approach any situation because they’re all scripted set pieces. If you do anything except what naughty dog specifically intended the scripted theme park ride falls apart. These games are dog shit and literally the only people who enjoy them are teenagers who have yet to play games with any semblance of gameplay depth.

>people ITT unironically thinking TLoU isn't massive
the Yea Forums movie-posting has rotted your brains

Attached: ps4 games sales.png (480x854, 63K)

>Death Stranding is also a hipster thing
You're underselling Kojima's name alone, let alone the fact they have fucking Mads in the game. Every normie guy I know who buys 3-4 games a year will get it or have even heard of Metal gear will get it.

How many people actually played through and finished the games? Any stats on that?

The difference is that everyone got conned into playing TLoU by shill reviewers who all acted like it was the second coming of Christ whereas Witcher 3 was actually a good game. Fool me once shame on you etc.

It’s like Avatar. How many people do you know who actually love that movie? Most people just got carried away by all the hype. I garuntee TLoU 2 won’t sell nearly as much as TLoU 1.

the smooth animations and scripted set pieces are the selling point though. Not everything needs to be a sandbox which are usually alot more limited than you are aware of and just give you the false impression of depth. A truely deep game is something like Dwarf Fortress or modded minecraft.

probably more than any of CDPR's games

>Uncharted
>fluid responsive controls
Come the fuck on, user.

At least dreams is playable in early access (don't know if it's still being offered) and it's honestly very fleshed out. I could still see them adding more, but from my experience with it, a release date has to come soon

The children who grew up thinking TLoU is some kind of storytelling masterpiece are old enough to see how mediocre it actually is now though.

less then the amount of shitposters complaining about any of these games
>that onions sony threads during the GoW release where almost every page had a shitty bait thread
That was a fucking dark time. I don't know if I can handle another one when TLoU II releases.

Attached: 1559446211681.jpg (1024x1024, 97K)

both TLoU and Witcher 3 are 7/10 games

>conned
like I said, TLoU is worshipped outside of this board

>I guarantee TLoU 2 won’t sell nearly as much as TLoU 1.
not even going to bother screencapping this for posterity, anyone who's said something like this regarding sony's first parties has already been BTFO numerous times

Thinking of buying GoW since it's on sale and i liked Uncharted 4.

>whereas Witcher 3 was actually a good game.
>garuntee TLoU 2 won’t sell nearly as much as TLoU 1.
Tlou is a shit game but you're fucking braindead and delusional

>a game is either a scripted setpiece simulator or it's a Minecraft sandbox
>DF and modded Minecraft are "deep"

Attached: Luigi's chinese cowboy impression is so offensive that Mario's stomach ulcer practically e (474x361, 21K)

Nobody is arguing that naughty dog should make sandbox games you fucking retard. Maybe you’re too young to remember a time before scripted carnival rides, but it’s actually possible to make linear games with engaging, deep gameplay and a wealth of options open to the player at any given time.

>like avatar
Horrible comparison, no one cares about avatar while tlou has a huge fan base and is beloved by normies

>tfw i forgot the actual word s.o.y. has been filtered for how much it's been used during that time
How about this, what's the next word Yea Forums gonna overuse that the mods will filter?

best combat system in a western game this gen. Not saying much, but it's something

>You can’t be creative at all about how you approach any situation because they’re all scripted set pieces.
Not true. Here is a pretty creative way to do the very first fight in the game (this long a melee sequence is only really possible there since they're so close together). Most people just shoot the enemies here like whack a mole, and the player does not have grenades or anything yet.

Usually the combat encounters are constant guerrilla warfare with you going from stealth, to getting a few stealth kills, to opportunistically ambushing a group or a priority enemy w/ grenades or powerweapons, to running and gunning away for repositioning and regaining stealth somewhere else, and then back to ambushing / stealth killing again until you can kill all the remaining enemies in a straight fight. And each time you lose them the enemies have all moved around and are searching for you on different paths. It can get very different every attempt

Attached: melee only.webm (800x450, 2.99M)

>Sophomore entries
you talk like you've been giving many blowjobs to earn enough money to get yourself a sophomore entry at the bottom.

i really want to know what linear games that you consider to have deep gameplay are because i konw you don't have real answers.

Yeah and the gameplay of tlou is deeper than most n64/ps1 games and 5th gen was the best time for gaming

>scripted cover animation, to a scripted slide straight into a homing punch like he's a fucking missile
Just garbage.

>no argument
Take the L user you earned it

>mashing square and having the game play itself is good gameplay
Delusional or just extremely pleb tier tastes.

It's not getting a ps4 release. It'll be a ps5 launch title. It doesn't make sense for Sony to ship it on ps4 at this point when people will play the $400 + $80 for it on ps5.

it will be released on PS4 and PS5 simultaneously.

>It doesn't make sense for Sony to ship it on ps4 at this point when people will play the $400 + $80 for it on ps5.
>it doesn't make sense for sony not to launch a first party game on a for a system base of 100 million+ when the ps5 is backwards compatible with the ps4

Attached: goose.png (950x878, 1.47M)

>~17 million people pay $80 for the game
or
>~5 million people pay $480 for the game and then another 12 million pay $20 for it years later

Spoiler: Number 2 makes more money. Even if they only sold 3 million ps5s and TLOU2s it would make more money.

Why do people always try to act like Uncharted is supposed to be comparable to melee hack n slash games? It's not even a melee game, it's a shooter. Nobody ever bats an eye when FPS games have the most basic melee systems imaginable.
Melee in UC4 is just a tool you use for when you manage to close the distance on an enemy and get them alone, or when you find a position to drop attack them for an ambush. It's easy to do it as a reward for how hard it can be to get through all the gunfire and have put yourself in position within melee range (while staying out of other enemies' line of sight). If you try it out in the open without thinking about yours and all the enemy's positioning, you will get shot to death in the back like this.

Attached: melee fail.webm (1280x720, 3M)

The problem is the shooting mechanics are just as barebones as the melee mechanics and the basically nonexistent platforming mechanics.

Sure, let’s look at some single player games that are mechanically much more complex than any naughty dog game. You might argue that they are not as mechanically deep as multiplayer games like Tekken or Star Craft, but they are inarguably several times deeper than Uncharted or TLoU.

Metal Gear Solid 3 and 4 are very linear games but offer the player much more freedom regarding how they will approach any given situation. You have dozens of weapons and items that let you approach the level in a variety of different ways. You can play the games like a TPS by running around shooting everyone. You can do a non lethal run where you use items and disguises to distract and sneak past everyone. You can play stealthily but still use lethal weapons to make sure that guards don’t wake up and alert their comrades. Many boss fights can be taken on in a number of creative ways other than just straight up killing them.

Devil May Cry games give the player and arsenal of moves, weapons and fighting styles that let the player constantly experiment and improve as a player. The difference between someone who is adept at these games and a new player is night and day.

3D Mario games and 2D sonic games are kids games, but even they have enough depth in their movement mechanics that they take hours to properly master, and the difference between a new and veteran player is instantly noticeable. Even a game like Pokémon that is much too easy and clearly designed for little kids has insane depth in terms of strategies the player can devise. You can run a trick room team of slow, heavy hitting Pokémon that move fast in trick room. You can run a baton pass team that focuses on using stat buffs. You can run a team of Pokémon whose abilities synergies with certain weather conditions. You can run a team that sets up entry hazards and then uses whirlwind to slowly chip away at the opponent’s team.

My God was Uncharted 4 bad
It seems they put all their budget into graphics and cut-scenes, I quit playing after 4 hours and never touched it again

Let’s finish up with an example of another recent, single player, Sony game - Sekiro. Sekiro arguably allows for much less depth in character build than any previous From game and yet it is still miles more complex than TLoU or Uncharted.

The jumping and hook shot give the player the ability to navigate the fairly linear levels in a much more freeform way than they would otherwise be allowed if there was no jumping. The gameplay itself, while fairly simple requires a degree of mastery to progress that is not present in any naughty dog game. The player is given access to a handful of different items like the shurikens, firecrackers and umbrella than can be used to come up with creative solutions to any given problem. Bosses also often have specific weaknesses to certain items that the player won’t know about unless they experiment with the different options available.

I’m not saying that playing Sekiro or Mario is equivalent in difficulty and complexity to beating a world champion Go player. I’m just pointing out that it’s possible to make single player games with some degree of actual gameplay depth rather than just shoot, take cover, do QTE.

And what would make it not barebones to you? Special ammo types and select fire? Completely needless for an arcadey shooter like this, just swap to a different weapon off the nearest corpse since you're probably desperate and almost out of ammo with your current gun anyway (this forces the player to opportunistically try all the weapons, too, instead of just sticking with their favorite all game)
Shooting is a simple thing, and it just works in this case. The fun gameplay comes from all the emergent gameplay in how the fights play out with all the stealth and repositioning and ambushing, like that guerrilla warfare style I mentioned here ( ).
The straight up fights are fun too in that they are often such extremely desperate back-and-forth pushbacks like this webm, where you are always being flushed out, blindfiring for your life and barely straddling the line between regenerating and dying

Attached: bumrush.webm (768x432, 2.97M)

Last of Us 2 has viewers that are specifically for Playstation. Cyberpunk is coming out on 3 platforms yet only has 4 million extra views. that equates to ~5.7 million viewers/platform

If Tlou2 was multiplatform itd be set at 40-50 million+ views.

Tlou2 is easily the biggest game of all time.

Dreams is already out.

TLOU2 is probably coming in May 2020.

>Yeah and the gameplay of tlou is deeper than most n64/ps1 games
What? The graphics are better but how is the gameplay deeper? Rainbow 6, Metal Gear Solid, Symphony of the Night, Mario 64, Bangai-O, Pannel de Pon, Resi Evil 2/3 and even fairly simplistic games like Crash 2 were all more mechanically deep than modern naughty dog games. Were you even alive during the PS1 era?

>And what would make it not barebones to you?
Having a way to avoid damage from hitscan enemies that isn't just hiding behind cover. Having more than just hitscanning enemies would help too.

Attached: Blood Jumping.webm (1066x600, 2.94M)

>implying they're not
For an example of non-fluid, non-responsive controls, take a look at games like RDR2, GTA5 or TW3

Attached: U4 movement.webm (1280x720, 2.9M)

>metal gear soild is more mechanically deep than tlou
This isn't a funny joke user it's actually unfunny

Going from preset animation to preset animation from single button presses isn't fluid or responsive.

It looks like the player is constantly fighting against the controller in that webm as the character just magnetizes to every piece of debris that serves as cover
please stop shilling your mediocre garbage any time

TLOU Part 2 is set for February.

Honesly I had just assume they were going copy Nintendo and launch Death stranding as PS5 launch title as well as PS4 game but now maybe they'll do it with TLOU?

In TLoU you can throw items, melee, shoot and take cover. That’s literally it.

In MGS1 you can hide in vents, boxes and lockers, you have an arsenal of varied weapons like the sniper rifle and the Nikita missile, and you can run, squat or go prone. You can use items to distract guards. You can use melee, or you can take guards hostage. You can choose to play lethally or non lethally.

Even a game made 20 years ago has more gameplay depth than TLoU.

>hitscan is bad
Some of your favorite shooters are probably hitscan.
U4's enemy accuracy is reduced by increased distance from you, how fast you are moving horizontally across their cone of vision, if you are doing a roll or a cover transition (which you can chain together in sequences to stay low-down and avoid 70% of gunfire for a long distance). Their accuracy increases the longer you stay exposed to their line of sight.
And it doesn't really matter that much if you get hit like it does in Blood, because you just regenerate your health. All it means is that you just can't make a huge mistake of a decision that leaves you exposed out in the open and gets you fully killed. The short 3 second regen time and the way you can so-quickly die to hitscan gunfire if you fuck up (assuming your skill with the movement isn't good enough to slip away) compliment eachother perfectly.

Also you should be trying to move around the enemies and / or pushing back at them as they try to rush you, not letting them freely fire at you from behind cover

Hitscanners that turn the game into a cover shooter are bad. Cover shooters with regen health are some of the most shallow games possible.

Attached: Blood train room.webm (1280x720, 2.95M)

If you'd ever played the game in your life, you would understand how incredibly wrong you are. You can cancel out of pretty much every animation except for rolling and jumping to do something else. The game assists you with movement by doing shit like making you cling to a railing when you leap towards it, but it never goes beyond just assisting you to make you do something you didn't want to do

I've played the game and it's just as janky and annoying to control as those other games you mentioned such as RDR2 and GTA5.
Cope harder, you fucking sony fanboy bitch.

What an ignorant, blanket statement. Saying an entire genre of shooter is "bad" is not a rebuttal to anything I said at all

uh huh, sure it is

Attached: RDR2 shootout.webm (768x432, 2.98M)

You're fanboyism is clouding your judgement so hard it's embarrassing. Just kys already holy shit, you're like talking to a child.

The entire genre is shit. The first cover shooter ever made is better mechanically and more fun than HP regen with hitscan garbage.

Attached: Winback PS2 first boss.webm (640x480, 2.9M)

Yea we already know it’s going to be the most overrated game of the century when it comes out but that doesn’t mean it’s going to be better than everything else

In TLoU you can throw items, melee, and take cover you have an arsenal of varied weapons like the sniper rifle flamethrower and the launcher and you can run, squat or go prone. You can use items to distract ai or players.

Cyberpunk will be a actuall good game with gameplay same with FF7 R and maybe Death Stranding because it's from the people who made the MGS - Franchise and their gameplay was fun as shit.
TLOU is just a movie with gameplay, damn naughty dog is not even proud of the gameplay . No one is talking about the Gameplay from TLOU it's just a movie with mediocre gameplay and it wont change in the second game.

That's ironic coming from the person spewing out buzzwords and childish insults

There is nothing in TLoU that every other AAA in the past 10 years doesn’t do. Literally nothing. At all. Every mechanic has been done elsewhere and done better. And while on the topic of Metal Gear, that series has a better storyline than TLoU too, the one aspect that people claim TLoU is the best in

Wow it has the complexity of a game from 1998, if even that.

Not him but you're nuts. Uncharted 4 has swinging around shooting on ropes against other players in MP and you are always speed climbing everything like a monkey. RDR2 is probably the most sluggish feeling game to control I have ever played

so like every other game in the last decade?
Don't be stupid no one talks about how fun/good the gameplay in TLoU is they are just talking about the story and that was it.

Death Stranding, FF7 And Cyberpunk all day 1

>complexity == goodness
Actually simplicity is often better

based and jap/slavpilled

Crowds were smaller and backrounds not as detailed, but the gameplay was exactly the same

>Actually simplicity is often better
You've got to be kidding right?

That's good it's more complex than a good game from a great generation
That is true
That's weird because all the reviewers discuss it the let's players discuss it user on Yea Forums discuss
I honestly don't know why im replying to you guys one of you anons already exposed themselves as a consolewarrior

I'm not. And it's not just true for games either.

Im guessing you're one of the people who think celeste is better than mario

They say it because they liked the story. Put a good story in a game and every reviewer will look over mediocre/bad gameplay because the storytelling is good.
If the story is really good the game will always get a 9/10 on nearly every board.
Nothing about TLOU's gameplay is new or holding. Hell even the AI is fucking stupid and bad

I too prefer Fallout 4 over all other Fallout games. Hitman Absolution? More like the best Hitman game ever made.

Tons of games with good stories and mediocre combat and most of them haven't sold more than 5 million
Let me guess it was a special situation with tlou even though some of the other games got heavily advertised

>it's just as janky and annoying to control as those other games you mentioned such as RDR2 and GTA5
I hate UC games with a modest passion but this is nonsense.

Nice reading comprehension.
I said "often better" not "always better"

Name ten examples of simplicity improving a game series.

Not him but I'll name one game
Baldur's gate 1

Here's anoher example of simplicity improving a series. Resident Evil, the first few games in the series were so confusing and clunky but they really figured out how to make a good game with RE5.

Let's see why TLOU sold so good.

1. Sony exclusive.
Nearly all Playstation people will buy every game that Sony releases exclusive because they want to support it hell i have a friend who buyed this game 3 times (2 times on the PS3 and the remasterd on the ps4.) Look at Days gone it sold good even though the review weren't good.
2. Naughty Dog
People love these guys as much as they love CDPR today because they are not EA and are known for the Uncharted Series which was a success and had shooter elements in it (The most popular gameplay in a game.) So People would buy it.
3. Zombie game
It game out in a time where Zombie games where very popular. (The Walking Dead, Dead Rising, DayZ, Dead Island.) So that also helped a lot with the sales. Sonys and Naughty Dog's name on it just sold it more.
4. Story (Father, Child)
Father, Child that's enough. People love that kinda things because they get feelings when they play it. Those feelings are the reason we watch movies or read books and some people get those feelings while playing this movie.
That's also a reason why the last GOW was such a huge success. Because feelings and we don't have a lot of father child games in the last 15 years so people buy those games to get their feelings complete.

TLOU's story isin't bad it's a great movie and that's all that it is a great movie with some gameplay in it.

Nope sorry this game got jewed to hell after they saw how successful the first one was.

5. It's fun

>Let's see why TLOU sold so good.
>1. Sony exclusive.
Tons of them sold like shit so that's wrong
>2. Naughty Dog
Nobody cared about them during 7th gen until tlou released so this is also wrong
>3. Zombie game
Zombies games weren't That popular at the time user you should of just said shows and movies
>4. Story (Father, Child)
I can name tons of games movies or books with the father and child dynamic that failed or did okay at best
Also do you need a dictionary because it seems like you don't know what a movie is

REmake is still a deeper game than TLoU though.

In terms of what a game need's to be fun than that's a yes for you but for me not.
The first thing i look at and think about when i want to buy a game is:
Will i have fun with the gameplay and will it be fun enough that i will play it more then one time and TLOU didin't had it for me

In some ways yeah in others no

>in others no
In what others?

Attached: 1551968706062m.jpg (473x1024, 45K)

>last of us is just as deep as any other single player game
>okay it’s not but depth doesn’t matter in a game
>in fact, it’s great because it’s shallow
The amount of backpedaling in this thread.

Cope.

>story isin't bad it's a great movie
pfffwahahaha
would TLOU been a movie everybody would've trashed it
the game failed to achieve everything it aspired to achieve, only gaymers are too retarded to call objectively shit-tier gameplay and story what they are

certainly not the gameplay

Except im not the one backpedaling i showed tlou was more complex than mgs
Those other anons are the ones are the ones constantly changing the argument

Dude PlayStation exclusives never really sold great until TLOU came along. Hell even Uncharted couldn't top very high because it was released around the holidays

Not that user but Naughty Dog was big at that time everyone knew about the Uncharted Series.
Uncharted 2 won 67 awards and got a 96 on Metacritic so yeah after that everyone knew about them.
From 2009 - early 2014 Zombie games were the BR of that time.
Sony's exclusive still sold a lot for the franchise it self back then.
Naughty Dog is good in story telling they got at their peack with tlou
Movie: Moving images that tells a story and that people watch on a screen or television. Exactly what tlou is when you remove the gameplay so he is kinda right

>i showed tlou was more complex than mgs
Where? All I can see is one post by you where you outline that TLoU also shares several of the features that the other user outlined in MGS. You don’t provide any ways in which the gameplay depth of TLoU exceeds MGS.

not him but stealth / stealth kills, manual aiming and throwing, climbing around in combat with enemies that can climb after you, taking human shields, being able to use environmental melee finishers to melee kill enemies faster

>would TLOU been a movie everybody would've trashed it
I disagree. The performances were pretty good and these kinda movies are usually well received (The Road, Children of Men etc). I think it would probably have been a well received flavour of the month movie that everyone would have forgotten after a few weeks, like It Comes at Night.

As a game it’s absolutely worthless though.

Yeah People would trash it who knew what a good movie is. That is the point here tlou is a game with a great story something not a lot of games have that's why it sold well because it had a great story IN A GAME.

t. never tried multiplayer

You have very weird standards for "fun"

Heavy Rain, GOW 3, Yakuza 3, Nino Kuni they all sold really good.

The only things that you just listed that weren’t present in MGS 1 are manual aiming (except with the sniper rifle), “environmental finishers” and climbing, all of which are in MGS2, a game from 2001.

>God of War
>Ratchet and Clank
>MGS
>Final Fantasy
>Crash
Nigger were you even alive for the pre-PS3 era

Sony have no choice but to launch TLOU2 with the ps5 to counter halo.
Its their biggest game

Plus their other first parties which have been dark for a while will likely have launch games ready too like ghost of sushi and something from geurilla, probably horizon 2.

I’m sick of people pretending like the extremely barebones, mediocre multiplayer in this was good just because nobody else played it and thus nobody refutes it.

Your statement is equivalent to saying something like the Metroid Prime 2 multiplayer or the Darkness multiplayer is good. It’s just a tacked on multiplayer mode that’s fun for like 2 hours maximum.

Sadly it's the opposite, I think it will be like this.
Cyberpunk > TLOU 2 > FF VII > DS
TLOU 2 could surpass Cyberpunk if Sony start selling bundles.

Every faggot saying the gameplay in this shitty "game" is good watch this

youtube.com/watch?v=BF0EaH73ee4&t=160s

Have you played it? No? Then shut the fuck up, you're not allowed to have an opinion on it.

Not that user, but how new r u?
Tlou mp is great, there were many threads on Yea Forums following launch. Most people assumed it would be a generic tacked on tps but the campaign's mechanics were translated really well. Its a slow paced, methodical and extremely intense multiplayer game and offers a unique experience.

Unless of course you have some hot take to tell us all how the fun we had was """fake fun"""

>muh AI muh AI
Yeah everyone knows, the human AI was weak. There's more to the gameplay than the human enemy AI though

Watch out user he will call you a newfag even though he's a consolewarrior

What is this supposed to prove

and what ? If there aren't any enemies they could just make a straight path to every cutsences and faggots would still be happy about it and give it a 10/10.
A enemy is the reason we want upgrades in a game or find the materials to heal urself or build something.

In terms of fanbases
FF7>TLOU2>Cyberpunk>Death Stranding
In terms of overall hype
Cyberpunk>TLOU2>FF7>Death Stranding

The fact that FF7 is episodic and has a well known case if development hell hurt its hype and people still don't know what the fuck Death Stranding is. Cyberpunk is red hot right now after Keanu. Meanwhile TLOU fans are absolutely starving for news, maybe if it gets a date soon it can overtake Cyberpunk but for now it's not

That the gameplay in this game sucks ass

You could of posted way better videos than that to prove the gameplay is bad Ai is shit even in good games like dmc 1-5 but the gameplay is great except 2

wrong.

in fact the MP in ND games is usually better than the campaigns. i played tlou and uncharted 4's story like once each and never touched it again.That being said I have hundreds of hours on each of their MP modes. Especially lou mp. That mp is super fun

>I am a huge faggot please rape my face

youtu.be/noplvF3aV-Q

yeah but in DMC on harder difficulties the ai get's kinda better and aggressiv also the fun in dmc gameplay is to do the combos in tlou it would be to kill the ai but where is the fun to kill a braindead AI.

My group and I lost interest in TLOU2 the instant the trailer dropped last year, safe to say others did too
>No Joel
>Scripted combat
>Lol shes lesbian now
>buh sche kheess gurhgl en thu dee el cee
>as a dare/joke fuck off
Think the flute guy had something to do with it

There are enemies, they just act retarded or unrealistic sometimes due to the devs over-scripting specific behaviors backfiring. And not even all the time like you are pretending. They still easily fulfill their function. The enemies don't become smarter as you progress, but they do become more deadly in their attacks and more numerous in your encounters with them, which is what necessitates all the upgrades, healing, crafting etc.
Also there's absolutely nothing wrong with the zombie AIs; the stalker-zombies have the best AI in the game and are very often successful at ambushing the player.
Also the AI in Uncharted 4 was great. ND has worked hard to improve in that area.

how was that gameplay scripted you blind fuck

i hope so, if not then i wont get this game even if it's the best story ever made

>She's lesbian now
>Now

>No Joel
Understandable tlou without Joel would be weird
>Scripted combat
It's the same as tlou1 they showed us stuff you wouldn't be able to do in game
>>Lol shes lesbian now
She was a lesbian since the dlc in tlou1
> >buh sche kheess gurhgl en thu dee el cee
Nothing wrong with that scene other than the size of honker attached to that girl and it taking up so much time during the conference
>as a dare/joke fuck off
I don't understand what do you mean by this
>Think the flute guy had something to do with it
Yeah that's also understandable

Reminder that Druckmann made Ellie into a lesbian because he was disgusted by all the pedo SFM porn of Sarah being molested that was popping up on the net.
Since then, Naughty Dog has made all their characters less attractive

what did he expect? it's the internet. Is he stupid?

Source because it's sounds believable and bullshit at the same time

>moving through the shelves is a cutscene
>her body and reaction after her getting shot from hiding under the car
>grabbing/throwing the carefully placed bottle immediately without a menu interaction
>enemies lose her as soon as she rounds any corner/ducks under camo elements
>the last guy on his knees injured saying his last words
user I want to believe a game can be this fluid but I'd just be disappointed if I had any faith. If someone can recreate this demo when the games out feel free to screenshot me but this and the fact the story has got no reveals when that's all that separates it from uncharted/TR/generic action game#8 then it's just not special

Elena looked better in 4 than all the other games

Attached: 1534166492937m.jpg (1024x576, 70K)

forget about him. We lost him to the hype and fake interactions.

Yea, stuff you cant do in the game. just makes it disappointing

From what I remember Ellie kisses her friend on a dare when they're fucking around in a store, maybe thinking of life is strange or something instead

Alright
>her being a lesbian was 1/3 of the e3 trailer and therefore threw me off it if that's a selling point

Anyway its 4:11 am and time for sleep gn

At least 90% of the individual actions shown are still going to be possible in the final game (just like the first game's demo), but good luck pulling them off as smoothly as they do in the demo. It will just look much jankier as hits / actions / player inputs interrupt eachother and moves are cancelled

Yeah but look at Nathan or Ellie
Goodnight sleepy user

I guess, anyone that thinks that combat wasnt scripted must be blind

I bet Joel will return and they are trying to keep it a secret. He has been suspiciously absent from all the trailers and it's like they want people to believe he's dead so that they will be pleasantly surprised when he's not.
Maybe they will even make him playable for a segment or two. It'd get them a nice little bump in average reviewer scores I'd bet

Nathan is a guy dude.

I don't see how Sony didn't win, most of Microsofts showing will be on PS4, PS4 ends the generation with some huge anticipated games, multiplat and exclusive, PS4 owners have to be pleased everything went right for Sony

And he was made less attractive due to druckmann

>People still think Joel is dead or some shit

Fucking hell you talk so much shit about Druckmann yet make him look so much more clever than he really is

Attached: cheeky cunt.png (1440x917, 164K)

>he thinks Joel didnt get Walking dead Season 3 Kenny'd
Hes dead within 30 minutes or they split up but he is fucking outta here until the ending maybe where he gets a return scene before dying

Attached: 1558367462307.gif (320x240, 2.65M)

yeah but unlike TLOU both uncharted and GOW have fun gameplay
TLOU is only fun on the easiest difficulties, otherwise its a strangling simulator: my melee weapon broke again edition

If that's ugly then what the fuck are we?

Attached: 1527153500121.jpg (318x313, 16K)

no basedlord

I thought TLOU was way better on grounded with listening mode turned off

>Sòyny push TLOU2 launch to 2020
>to launch Death Stranding in Christmas
>Cyberpunk release announced 16 April
>OH NO NO NO NO NO
Cyberpunk is gonna be GOTY, The Last of Lesbians btfo

Attached: 120.gif (500x281, 297K)

Not until TLOU 3

Attached: cuckmann.png (982x1074, 355K)

@465583314
What does that have to do with my post?

You are wrong. Druckmann's writing is predictable in how it tries to be unpredictable, and everyone is predicting that Joel is dead or is going to die at the beginning

the 2012 trailer would have killed GTA if it lived up to that

>Grand Theft Auto-Aim

Unironically like Bioshock Infinite more

Attached: 1535307517891.jpg (1280x720, 63K)

>unpredictable
Let's see what everyone knew within 30 minutes before it happened
>ellie was infected and is the package
>tess and that kid that got into a zombie struggle got bit
>ellie would die if they got the cure
>Joel wasnt going to leave ellie with his brother
>Joel was going to wake up and save ellie from the cannibals

Probably more I'm missing because that game was one short story after another

First person is better for immersion and shooting.

Being a floating camera with a gun attached to the corner of the screen is not more immersive. Your character does not even move around like a real person; nobody strafe-runs around in real life like you do all the time in nearly every FPS game, with your body always rigidly facing the same direction as your head. Yet you always have to move like that in FPS because otherwise you would seem to be turning your neck at impossible angles to see around yourself you as you did things

I'm willing to bet that The Road and Children of Men would far surpass TLOU in terms of writing, cinematography, editing etc. It Comes At Night is a good analogy, because I fucking hated that movie.
Remember that a video game is significantly longer than a movie. Video game writers can afford to be sloppy because all the hours the players are putting in add up. Even mediocre writing will have an emotional impact if you have 15 hours to stick with the same characters, and you also don't need to be as tight and cohesive with the plot because you got so much fucking time to spread that shit around.

This is unironically one of my most hyped games and I'll buy a PS4 just for it and BB
Feels good fellow sonybros :)