Elden Ring is connected to Dark Souls

Elden Ring is connected to Dark Souls

Attached: darksign___dark_souls_iii_wallpaper_by_shimarow_dcs55xd-pre.jpg (1192x670, 30K)

Fuck off

every souls and king's field game is connected

this is a fucking reach

grand concepts of the world design and eastereggs hardly qualify as connecting, at least in a lore sense

No they aren’t
By the way guys, have you read the interview?
>heavier emphasis on RPG mechanics than Souls
>open world
>still challenging
>still has FROM-style bosses
>major theme is the will of mankind

>what is Berserk

Attached: Eclipse_calling.jpg (580x350, 15K)

Also based on his wording, it seems like combat may be melee-only, no magic

Not true in the slightest. If you read the interview they said there’s gonna be even more combat options INCLUDING magic.

Mo he explicitly mentioned magic in the interview

No, fuck off.

Or maybe it's connected to Eternal Ring. Too bad you don't know what that is.

>I doubt you could even imagine it

>that which commanded the stars giving life it's fullest brilliance

>the elden ring

>oh elden ring

>shattered

>by someone or something

>don't tell me you don't see it

>look up at the sky

>it burns

The Elden Ring is the sun. The sun was shattered and now the sky is on fire.

I'm really excited about this game. I like the Souls games more than Sekiro because of them having more of a rpg emphasis.
Sadly nothing was shown, reveal ruined through leaks.

Every piece of media every made is connected in a shared universe

So there's gonna be shit like skills for lockpicking, sneaking, speechcraft etc.

>yfw From makes a better Elder Scrolls game than Todd's bunch of losers ever can

You fucking niggers, the Elden Ring will probably be a reference of Brisingamen which roughly translated to amber/fire ring, which was the necklace of the goddess Freyja. Remember when they said this game was heavily inspired by Norse Mythology? Well, remember another another Fromsoft game that was also based on Norse myth and was a story about the Gods dying?

It's going to be yet another game about restoring the flame again.

this. Expect weps, items or even enemies to resemble something from Berserk.

Attached: IMG_0503.png (450x450, 207K)

Soulsbornekiroring

Meh another medieval garbage

This game isn't based off Norse mythology. Everyone is saying this for some reason.
Elden Ring just looks like standard high fantasy.

only things connected will be patches, but that's it.

can someone post all the info about this game that was leaked awhile back? where you play as three characters with separate campaigns or something?

INB4 they give streamers full access to the game a week early and everything imaginable is spoiled before the game is even playable.

Yeah, our universe.

The girl in the trailer was obviously a Freya reference

So... Dark Souls 3?

wow so cool i'm enthralled

Yes it is.
The connection is Miyazaki being a 1 trick pony.

Dark Souls is an edgy ripoff of Skyward Sword.

Is this the black hole picture

Guts/Casca chaper when Mirua you focken nigger!!!

>Souls this, souls that
Meanwhile Armored Core is dead and forgotten
fuck life

Jesus I hope not. I just want a standard create your own character and explore the world shtick form them.

Stop trying to fix aspects of your game which are not broken, Jesus...

Yep. At the start of the trailer you can see they're made by the same developer

I really like the idea that Demon's souls bad ending leads to the DS universe and the good ending leads to bloodborne. DS has soul arts still, is just as magic oriented, and I believe was born out of a world of fog.

>Demon Souls bad end leads to the age of dark
>sets the stage for Dark Souls
>DS3 dlc ending leads to a new blood-painted world where Bloodborne takes place

Attached: CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING, STEVE.jpg (600x675, 50K)

Leak got confirmed fake just today.
it's said you can create your character

Really doesn't matter if its connected to darksouls at all.

Lets set the facts straight. Game of thrones is literally a Lord of the rings rip off, plain and simple.

Frankly I feel devestated that From is working with this fat hack. Almost feels like the stage where telltale sold out and ruined everything.

So let me get this straight. You get GRRM and Miazaki and we get....THIS? ELDEN FUCKING LOTR RIP OFF? WHAT THE FUCK? WHAT DIMMENSION DID I FUCKING WAKE UP ON? THIS IS THE FUCKING BEST THEY CAME UP WITH? WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

Attached: images (1).jpg (227x222, 8K)

>Fat fuck GRRM decides to dabble in vidya instead of fucking finishing TWOW
This game better let me create any GoT characters or have Dany appear in this game. Also let me larp Stannis “the one true king” Baratheon.

Sounds more like demon souls and even the cinematic gave me that feeling.

No, it's not.
>This allowed us to have many free and creative conversations regarding the game, in which Mr. Martin later used as a base to write the overarching mythos for the game world itself. This mythos proved to be full of interesting characters and drama along with a plethora of mystical and mysterious elements as well. It was a wonderful source of stimulus for me and the development staff. Elden Ring’s world was constructed using this mythos and stimulus as a base. Even I myself find it hard to contain my excitement from time to time. We hope that everyone else is looking forward to the world we have created.

>GoT is a LoTR rip-off
Not likely GRRM is one thing but that’s so far off. ASoIaF is a setting where most of the magic has disappeared and you follow a bunch of politics. LoTR is a whimsical fantasy adventure. Standard Good vs. Evil stuff.

it is a soulsbourne game

in a game design sense, and an atmosphere

story, nope

I mean liking Jesus fuck

I hope so. The magic in Dark Souls was a little underwhelming.

I would be hyped if it wasn't another generic dark western fantasy.

Fromsoft's had their fare share of them enough as it is, if they're going to tackle another game then doing with a completely different fantasy/cultural setting like Sekiro, or something that completely throws everyone off with a huge plot twist akin to Bloodborne.

Interesting...

This writing actually is pretty great now that I see it written out. I usually fucking hate fantasy writing

tied to the darkness...soon to be completely eclipsed...there is very much to learn...you understand so little...a meaningless effort...one who knows nothing cannot understand nothing

Also your interpretation takes it too literally, Miyazaki implied that the ring is a catalyst for the whole world or something

Again, see It's pretty fucking obvious that the Elden Ring aka. Brisingamen, aka Torque/Ring of Fire/Amber aka the fucking Sun. Even the fucking trailer was yellow as shit. The blacksmith was probably some creator god who was forging the sun/elden ring to give light to a gray, dead world but somehow the sun got broken and now you gotta fix it so people can have their sun back.

shitsouls 3 came out after bloodborne

Elden Ring is connected to Berserk.

Attached: x7sz18hcyxn01[1].png (2000x1100, 970K)

No. Elden Ring is connected to the sequel of GoT.

If the end of that Trailer had come up 'Dark Souls: The Elden Ring' it would have fit and made every bit as much sense as it did.

Attached: 1433650596907.gif (285x205, 1.97M)

And Marvelous Chester appeared in the DS1 DLC, also from the future.

Attached: c7aedd20526d2459848912fd8ca98637.jpg (1104x1599, 245K)

It's literally Dark Souls in all but name.
>black smith guy
>beautiful lady doing lady things
>more muh prometheus analogy

Fun to think about, but I'm sure it was just some devs playing around with some of the art department's new work.

>It's literally Dark Souls in all but name.
And I'm fine with this. Getting away from the license probably opened a lot of doors.

Chester literally talks about being from a different time.
It's the Soul's Universe.

How do you know there’s no huge plot twist? Maybe the last segment of the game takes place on a space station as you fight robots trying to stop you from revitalizing the sun.

I don't, but I'm just going by what I've seen from their previous western fantasy games; with the only exception being Bloodborne, which was already pretty distinct from the start thanks to its initial Victorian/Van Hellsing theme.

So where does Sekiro fit in all of this?