God/religion is the bad guys

>God/religion is the bad guys
It sucks Nintendo fell for this trope and now even DOOM has fallen for this degeneracy. The only way they can justify it is if the angels and demons are interdimensional aliens that are constantly at war and DOOM GUY is just caught in the middle not giving a fuck.

Attached: 1531817040932.jpg (1280x690, 198K)

Other urls found in this thread:

doom.fandom.com/wiki/Seraphim
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_of_Jesus
healthline.com/health/leading-causes-of-death
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Stay mad retard theist. Maybe your imaginary sky wizard friend will make them stop lolololol

>I'm sad that my toy makes my deeply held beliefs look bad
Just don't buy the game
Pirate it my son

Attached: C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_1551663458977.png (1034x1200, 1.49M)

>NOT falling for millenia-old dogma
>Degeneracy

Attached: eumfz1spddez.png (1473x999, 1.33M)

we dont even know the plot of the game yet retard stop jumping to conclusions

DOOM GUY is a proud Catholic marine, therefore if he kills angels he has been approved by God to do so.

I thought an angel was the one who gave doomguy his powers though???

>if the angels and demons are interdimensional aliens
Hell no, demons have to keep being demons, it's the ONE thing that makes Doom Doom

i just want to rip and tear

Doomguy is canonically a Texan of polish catholic descent.

As much edge as this franchise has you can't forget that Jesus loves you.

>control people's minds
>take money from the poor
>pretends to follow the teachings of a guy while doing the exact opposite
>torture people that actually try to follow his teachings
>get butthurt when chinese games make fun of them centuries later later

Attached: fedoradogger.jpg (900x948, 260K)

I thought he was Jewish tho and related to Blascowitz from Wolfenstien

What part of the games does that happen. I’m going to finish it before Enternal but I just want to make sure that info isn’t buried in some hard to find collectible.

He's unaware Angels resent humans and most would openly kill us were they allowed too.

Attached: 1558659314044.gif (268x200, 551K)

pretty sure its in one of the audio clips or the art
called the seriphim or something

>God is benevolent
Do you even know how evolution works? The history of the earth is written in blood

Still waiting for this guy's deal.

Also I am almost convinced that Hayden is the "angel" with wings while the real angel is the thing in your pic.

Attached: Doom hunter.png (1920x1080, 1.44M)

It’s made up bullshit christcucks have been trying to force lately

The Christian/Catholic god is not real. Only the Muslim, Jewish, and African tribal gods exist.

doom.fandom.com/wiki/Seraphim
whoops

It's speculation based on the data logs pertaining to doomguy and pic related.

Attached: Doomslayer.jpg (596x726, 253K)

Is this community just constantly upset by video games now? They aren't fucking real you faggots.

muslim and jews are monotheistic tho, their both gods can't exist

>it's a /pol/ nigger is triggered again thread

That's the point in the novel he is a catholic descendant of him in Texas.

Yeah, I'm 95% the angle with wings is Hayden remade. It shows them recovering his body, so that makes sense. It'd also make sense for him to be the primary antagonist of the game.

Did you miss the very opening speech in Doom 2016? Doom Dude has some holy help.

>imaginary sky wizard
Do you fedoras have anything else other than this overused "insult".

That hooded figure is player.

Give me one reason to give a shit.

>overused "insult"
>fedora

have sex, etc.

Oh neat

I wish all Christfags were like the guys from Christ centered gaming. Now fuck off.

>you lived long enough to see Yea Forums fall to the religious right

Attached: sadkirby.png (207x198, 55K)

religion is for brainlets

>human kind can’t entertain altered or unconventional versions of our shared theo-ethical fabric in our art

>complaining about degeneracy
>on Yea Forums

Attached: kimariok.png (569x667, 545K)

People are just more weary about wether or not they agree with “the message” in entertainment because of how political stuff sneaks into shows, movies, games where you don’t expect it. Someone called it “the great woke panic of 2019” with regards to “some” of the Mortal Kombat complaints.

I dont even think those are gonna be Angels cause while it looks nicer I'm pretty sure the last game implied the angels died and doom guy was the last of them or some weird shit like that

I'll wait for the christcenteredgamer review

They both believe in the God that spoke to Abraham and Moses, they just disagree about whether he went on to say some other shit

Japan has been doing this trope in video games since at least the early 90s. Reality has been doing for much, much longer. Why is this website so full of Fundamentalist Christians now anyway?

If you had a good enough rebuke, maybe they'd have to find something else.
>Do you have anything other than self-evidence to prove 2+2 = 4?

They áre interdimentional roaches jelly of our womans and endless sex life and thats why they invented $0YY to weak and transform the chad humans made at the image of god in sissy white boyzzz

>dark matter

All of the supposed "Heaven" looks suspiciously mechanical. Who wants to bet it's not the actual heaven but something Hayden created to mimic it?

an angel is just a demon that hasnt fallen yet

Attached: AEC4DCFE-5700-4293-9603-E740872090A2.jpg (634x455, 81K)

this is just a necron destroyer lord with horns

inb4 a dozen replies insisting "no it's always been this way you just don't remember newfag"

i hate what this place has become

Fuck off, Christcuck.

When rebellion becomes the norm, they only way to rebel is to conform.

Maybe they are fallen angels like lucifer.

Attached: homer consider.jpg (600x451, 25K)

>DOOM has fallen for this degeneracy.
Doomguy literally enhanced powers from archangel.

Christcucks are the new neo-pagans, you're all larpers who don't actually believe in the bible.

No they dont. They have no mind or free will and live solely for God's will.

If all your opinions are purely reaction based then you have no real moral code.

Yea Forums isnt your hugbox

>Doesn't know that Doom Slayer is God's trusted force agent
>He is the one who put Angels and Demons back in their place if they try shit

he's right though

Not true at all. In the trailer it clearly states that hell on earth is meant as punishment for humanity opening the argent rift. Doomguy is defying them by still trying to save humanity. That doesn't make them evil. Humanity broke the rules and now they suffer for it. They broke the seals before judgement day. Doomguy's priority is saving humanity, he doesn't care who gets in the way, regardless of whether heaven mandates that it's humanity's time to go or not. That just puts them at odds with one another.

Attached: DOOOOOOOOM.jpg (300x300, 84K)

Doomguy is archangel like being.

why are fedora fags so fucking dense

Oh so like CERN

Yeah that sounds like Yea Forums alright

t. cultist

Tell that to the christcucks

That looks like a woman's lower half about to sit on a dick

That's because it's more edgy to be a christian than an athiest on the internet right now.

Hypocrite

>if you don't believe in my imaginary friend you're a redditor
lmao stay mad autist

humanity didn't open the rift, humans did. I say that punishing all humans for the acts of a few individuals is evil

Doomguy is half Jewish at most, he's bj's gggggggggggreat grandson.

try again

Its always been this way, you zoomer

It’s more fulfilling than ever to be a Christian. all the degeneracy in the world but now we can’t point it at “the big bad church”. All the sociopaths who would have been inquisitors 500 years ago are “scientists” today. Pushing their creation stories and false prophets, and demanding tithings for salvation they can’t deliver. Fuck you NASA, the earth IS flat, life has meaning, and ur mom gay

>I say that punishing all humans for the acts of a few individuals is evil

That's basically the entire basis of Christianity. Ever heard of the original sin?

It's Mutoid Man from Super Smash TV

This is it, Doomguy is humanity's greatest defender no force in the universe is going to stop Doomguy from protecting humanity.

This but unironically

>I say that punishing all humans for the acts of a few individuals is evil
I say humans allowing the seals to be broken in the first place is evil. People could have stopped it but didn't. They willingly allowed the apocalypse to happen, which affected all of humanity. They should suffer for it.

why would he? its the responsibility to us mortals to stop the infidel

Attached: 352C571E00000578-3637441-image-a-24_1465722009089.jpg (634x357, 72K)

>the earth IS flat
christfags, everyone

>using racial epithets on a blue board

Attached: 1399217111203.jpg (640x480, 23K)

samefag

some physicists in china could be discovering argent energy right now, and there's nothing you could do about it, or could have ever done about it. But it's your fault that it happens, makes sense.

>Being an easily triggered faggot

>nations of the world are scrambling their military not knowing what the fuck is going on
>no one knows about Doomguys presence at all
>he still saves the day and defends humanity no matter what

my cock can only get so erect

>authority is evil
gee, I wonder why decade old plot elements are still used to this day

Because writers are unoriginal

The game literally tells you a seraphim bestowed upon doomguy great power in one of the green audio tablets.

It was also two humans who created original sin and why Earth isn’t a paradise today. All God asked of Adam and Eve was not to eat apples from one tree in particular, they did it anyway because a snake told them too. God rightfully got pissed and banished them from the garden and that’s why life is filled with shit.

>authority is evil

Which is ironic, given, y'know, Todd Howard.

this just makes god sound like a dick

I particularly love when multi-million companies shit out products that have "capitalism is evil and will kill human freedom" as a message. And people buy them in droves.

Based, we’ve become complacent and comfortable. Of course we don’t DESERVE to be in the presence of our Lord. Luckily we don’t need a Doomguy, Jesus is our advocate and savior.
No irony intended, brother
So men are your gods? How sad
Everything here matters, no “tears in the rain” b.s. we’ll all be held accountable

When an individual fails everyone fails. That's how you punish a class full of kids, that's how you punish a platoon of soldiers, that's how you punish mankind. Mankind reaped the benefits of argent energy for years in the setting, and not a person tried to stop it. You reap what you sow.

Too bad. You're get fucking Devilman Sci-Fi all along memes and you're going to like it. Supernatural stuff is for babies!

I don't agree with this explanation because hell in the doom universe is an invading dimension that merges with other worlds to become more powerful and not the hell in the biblical sense. The only way I see humans being punished here is "stealing" the argent energy from hell, which rightfully belongs to the wraiths, so humanity effectively pissed off the wraiths and hell for stealing their energy. Also I believe that the wraiths will be reincarnated somehow given the events of the last level in doom4

You’d have screwed us over, too. So would I

literally everyone would eventually eat from the tree, which is why it's god's fault

Fact of the matter is- demons and “aliens” ARE the sane thing

look at all those single digit iq brainwashed sheeps

Attached: 1554858649274.jpg (500x625, 48K)

These might be more challenging to fight than demons for all the wrong reasons since - in contrast to all the reds of previous games - all that white and blue will always be relaxing your senses even when you should be more alert. Shit, man. There' snot even any gold to get you pumped up. They've got teal. TEAL. The anathema to aesthetic adrenaline.

>So men are your gods?
the small mind can't imagine someone not worshipping others

>That's how you punish a class full of kids
I always fucking hated it when my teachers used to do this. I didn't do anything wrong but I still got punished because of some other kid who I have no control over. It artificially holds kids back, and doesn't do anything for team building, it only encourages bullying and harassment.

His fault for giving us the choice?? Would you rather be a robot with no free will?

this is the part where everyone gets mad because they think they're targeted by your ambiguous statements

It encourages the group to reign in their own bad apples. The fact that you didn't do that makes you more at fault.

>calls others single digit iqs
>don't even get dubs

Attached: 1524440592509.jpg (320x272, 11K)

If you count evil spirits as demons then they are not the same thing, but I could see your point if they look and act similar enough.

if you give someone a choice and know they're going to choose the option you'll get mad about, you either shouldn't get mad or you shouldn't give the choice

Many people like to point out that Gods actions in the Old Testament are contrary to his actions in the New. Christians believe that the New Testament. I believe the movie Legion played with the idea that God could one day become fire and brimstone again and that’s exactly what happens in that movie.

>being a slave to a sandnigger god
LOL

that's how a bad teacher punishes. It encourages the students to simply not trust or respect the teacher

What if God was just a scientist
And Lucifer was just a dickhead grad student

yeah ok let me just go tell 6'5 Jamal that he needs to respect Ms. White's authority right now or I'll be real steamed at him.

We were 8 years old! We weren't allowed to reign in bad apples or else we got sent to the principle's office, and it's not the responsibility of fucking children to keep order and discipline in a classroom! It's not my fault little Billy has attention issues and can't sit still, why do I have to miss recess when I did all my work and kept quiet?

That’s what the New Covenant is for, silly. I think you’re point of view is lazy. Jerking off all day is not good, doesn’t mean that I have the right to remove your hands or eyes. Jeez, we’re not muzslims

>God
>degenerate

that is a literal oxymoron

Atheism had brought about a cultural ghetto where Rick and North style nihilism is celebrated.

I would rather believe in a god without evidence than choose to believe my sex junk is so oh oh oh

>natural way: there's no proof so it doesn't exist unless proven otherwise
>brainwashed way: this book says it exists so it's true

thankfully there's actually a large number of choices, not just those two

if anyone actually read the bible, they'd realise how morally bankrupt god is

>You can't prove Columbus sailed to the West Indies!
>But what about all these written records of the voyage?
>Psshhhh. Just because you read it in a book doesn't make it true.

Things that people used to call demons are now called aliens. Neither have to necessarily be physical. Evil spirits~telepathic aliens

I’m really sad this thread is up so late. There’s some good debate happening here and I always have a lot to say on this topic. I don’t feel super compelled to stay up and spill my guys out here, because I know that if any of you out there are WOKE or on the path, it definitely won’t be thanks to me! Good night and don’t forget to count your blessings, Yea Forumstards

Jesus kinda destroys that.

The whole promise behind his arrival and his sacrifice purges us of the original sin, destroys the concept of a chosen tribe and creates a new covenant with mankind.

It's pretty poetic how the concept of impurity from entering the temple becomes purged and replaced with the concept of achieving salvation and resurrection by knowing Jesus crhist name.

All you need to be a Christian is to let Jesus live in your heart, no chosen tribe, no mortal sin the possibility of salvation is for everyone.

If he knew before he created the humans that they would do this, then it's not even free will. It's him creating them to fail.
The Tree of Knowledge only really works with a non-omniscient god.

>Giving this much of a shit about the plot of a fucking doom game
Okay bub

Attached: 1552662370425.png (236x376, 89K)

There really isn't, unless you're suggesting I convert to Islam.

Academia and the media infrastructures are already tainted to engage in practicing doublethink regarding gender and enforcing norms that prevent the successful formation of family units.

Glad you’ve got it all figured out like some literature analysis. Literally smarter than God, is that what you wanted to hear?

Inter dimensional demoms

actually you don't need to believe in god at all or sex junk oh oh oh, but I suppose it's easier if you pretend that's the decision.

A guy from CERN doing a presentation actually talks about that shit, comparing it to lovecraft’s mythos

BOTH HELL AND HEAVEN ARE TRYING TO WIPE OUT HUMANITY, YOU FUCKING RETARD.
PLAY A FUCKING BAYONETTA GAME.

>what is verifiable evidence?

Attached: indoctrination.jpg (208x326, 15K)

C'mon now

Attached: Hanako_d2p.jpg (185x185, 13K)

Stop getting in the way of progress Christcuck.

Attached: 883664D4-0BB9-434D-8692-EE17DBB97A76.jpg (1425x1071, 339K)

Kys christcuck.

For sure, but to the original point of 'collective punishment', as if anyone else outside the original 'man' (adam) would have done any different-

That one person's sin can condemn the lot, His fulfillment of the law is credited to humanity as a whole.

A little leaven leavens the whole. It cuts both ways.

So take it or leave it. If God's collective approach to sin is "evil", then OK. You're on your own; worthy or condemned on your own merits/shortcomings. In a word, hopeless.

Attached: 1520270742628.jpg (720x736, 32K)

You stop being a jew once you accept Jesus as your lord and saviour.

That's kinda the point of the whole messiah prophecy leading to Jesus, Mortal sin is purged by the sacrifice of God made flesh on the skull mountain were Adan died, there a symbol of God new covenant with mankind is made and instead of just dying as the Jewish tradition mandates we reach salvation by resurrection wich is the entire point of Jesus triumph over death.

This prophecy is kinda complicated but it kinda destroys the concept of mortal sin, impurity to enter the temple and a chosen tribe as well as the promise of salvation.

Ad we will live enough to see Europe get rid of this ideological parasite.

Whoop de shit, christardation is for faggots anyway.
>>dumb assmad christards in this thread actually trying to defend their inane bullshit
Fuck off and die in a ditch already, you fucking morons.

So that mechanical looking angel is almost 100% Hayden isn’t it? Seems like a form he’d take due to his savior complex.

The colors in DOOM is a good thing.
Even the limited PSX version (pic related) had it.

Attached: 5954c48bc5ada.jpg (1186x863, 583K)

Jesus is like putting out the fire in an orphanage when you yourself started the fire.

>ITT we post like it's the early 2000s again
Stay autistic people.

God, cry more you whiny little christcuck

The whole "Bible isn't proof" is a flawed argument, it ignores all of the secular records and artifacts we have pertaining to Jesus of Nazareth, the Twelve Apostles, the original Tribes of Israel, etc. I'm not even trying to convince you to be religious, the whole "NO PROOFS" argument is just absurd. If you choose not to believe, whatever, but saying things like "Jesus was a mythological creature" is just denying actual history.

Lol says the Jew as Europe crumbles

>the lack of self-awareness in this thread

Attached: DBD48E73-0008-4C84-870B-8FFF7D65ED9C.jpg (960x960, 113K)

fucking yikes

Attached: christianarguments.jpg (826x463, 99K)

Maybe Ive missed a lot of games with stories like that but most of the time its not religion is bad, its "People in power within a religion do bad things to gain more power or keep what they have when shit is changing all while pretending its the religion making them do it."

Yes. The fact that no contemporary enemy of Jesus Christ could deny the empty tomb or deny that he performed miracles during his life. His greatest enemies just ran around yelling "#NotMyMessiah"

By that judgment angels were also evil because they could have stopped said scientists, retard.

there are no records or depictions of jesus dating back from his supposed life

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_of_Jesus

>When an individual fails everyone fails
One of the most retarded things I've ever heard.

making the final boss a god is an easy way to raise the stakes and make the protagonist(s) feel powerful for beating them. that's why you're going to continue to see this trope used forever.

did they? considering doomguy resome wouldnt god just fire migel and give him the job as his demon bane angel?

>It encourages the group to reign in their own bad apples
You mean it's a tactic by sleazy lazy masters who can't take control of a group themselves so they make the group do their work for them.

How is a jpeg of a galaxy and a stock photo of a graduation cap an argument?

Only because of said ideological parasite. No religion before or after the semitic ones worshiped the concept of "forgiveness" and "compassion" to a stranger. The name of the cult is no longer used but the curse is still on people's mind. That will change.

astronomy and education retard

Christians have been shitting on Doom since the 90's. Why can't Doom shit on them for once?

What the fuck does astronomy have to do with Christianity?

I'm more concerned about the UI being hot garbage

To be fair Harlen Ellison shit on Doom and he's a jew

who the fuck cares about jesus, his existence doesnt mean theres a god with superpowers

>christian communities bad
>atheist communities covered in shit & riddled with beaner crime, literally bringing back medieval plagues
im an atheist and id rather live around christians. (most) my kind are, indeed, degenerates

Attached: 1428557524287.jpg (249x202, 14K)

Jews shit on fucking everything in existence. What the fuck is their problem?

He's probably referencing how the bible implies that the Earth was made before the universe or some shit.

Congratulations, you completely missed the entire point of the post.

Astronomy was the absolute biggest waste of time in my whole life. How do people actually buy that shit? When something doesn’t add up, you can just pull something out of your ass like “oh jeez things seem to be moving at a different speed than our calculations predicted, uhhh there must be loads of DARK MATTER, yeah! Oh and you can’t see it or detect it, you know, just like God, but this stuff is for reals! It’s gotta be out there!”
Literal damage control, theory on top of theory on top of theory

the age of the universe directly contradicts your "HURR DURR 6,000 YEARS" brainlet

>take money from the poor
Most churches donate to tons of charitable causes, dude. And churches typically ask for something like 10% of income, not anything that would break a person.

If you're going to hate, at least be well informed.

>He's probably referencing how the bible implies that the Earth was made before the universe or some shit.
I wonder how he’d feel if he knew who created the Big Bang theory.

If people were well informed, there wouldn't be any hate.

>the bible is true because the literal who they're mentionning somewhere really existed

But his existence does mean that if we can prove that his existence was also supernatural in nature. You can see this effect in just how crazy fucking fast Christianity spread throughout the whole Western world. You had hundreds of people who met the resurrected Christ running around and telling everyone what happened.

>I believe in some dumb stories invented by bored and superstitious primitives high as fuck on herbs
>that were then codified and specifically designed to keep people contented and to keep the common people from wanting a better station in life
Religion is fucking dumb, guys

The Big Bang theory was created by a devout Catholic priest.
Stay fucking mad.

Attached: 69678104-F93B-4B7D-86D0-ADD21158238E.jpg (276x362, 13K)

Nigga wtf makes you think the ridiculous number your priests give you for the age of the universe isn’t bullshit, because it’s really big?

Christcucks are fools. To expect a God that has created a universe consisting of many galaxies to care only about one species on one small rock is basically the equivalent to a human obsessing over protecting microscopic organisms. To expect a God which has created a fugghueg universe to care about us first and demand worship as though we matter to it is insane, honestly.

>torture people that actually try to follow his teachings
What are you even talking about? The middle ages Vatican?

2+2=4 can be built up axiomatically through Zermelo-Fraenkel set theory.

>so instead I look around and wonder why the world is shit and my peepee is small. At least my brain is big and mom brings me tendies so I don’t have to try and become a self-actualized being, enlightened by my own intelligence

Go away Peterson you are a hack and a fraud

based
What the fuck are you even babbling about?

Ah, the eternal greentexter, thinking his meme arrows will make him seem smarter. Go back and read my post once more, slowly this time, because you still can't seem to fully grasp what I was saying.

Maybe if you weren't so scientifically illiterate you would know..

I'm going to address your Strawman just because he's easy to burn down.
Where in the bible does it say God only cares about us? Where does it say that we're alone in the universe?

If you are religious in the current year, there are two possible causes
>1: you were raised with it which is functionally the same as being brainwashed as a child
>2: you converted to it because you were lured by aesthetics and memes and you think society has fallen into degenerate decay and we need Nazism with Catholic Characteristics immediately

t.bottom lobster

Daily reminder that christian are degenerate race mixers. They complain about gays, but they would give their daughter to Jamal to marry.

Your understanding of history is horrid. Christianity was basically a cult for the first few centuries after Jesus.

Oh god
You didn't even play the game, did you?
Hahaha fucking retard

>It sucks Nintendo fell for this trope
If you're referring to Xenoblade, that's obviously not the case in the sequel.

I feel like Atheism would be accepted more if most of their followers didn’t act like pretentious assholes.

Attached: C4504985-FA4F-4134-BA24-9F1308E77D7E.gif (460x426, 782K)

no one can prove that a god exist
I don't care about jesus, I haven't read your shitty book

>Not looking at the actual evidence and realizing that the people in power want you to burn in hell with them because they don't want anyone to be happy

You know there are religions besides the dick cutting religion

For how much Islamophobia there is out there, not once have I ever been harassed by a Muslim for my faith. However I've had plenty of atheists do so.

Cry more newfag

there are bad eggs in each basket, i would argue that religious ideologies are more incentivised to act this way

Well yeah just saying you are an atheist is a low bar to entry.

What's the matter grandpa, gonna complain about Pokemon using evolution while saying dinosaurs failed to get on Noah's Ark?

yes yes buy my book only then can you be a true Western Ubermensch(tm)

I'd be surprised if you've read any book to be honest.

It's all the same shit, all strewn from the same cloth of blindly following a crowd

I was more referring to pic related (newest Fire Emblem) but Xenoblade also falls within this trope.

Attached: 1545994947723.png (1254x682, 1.4M)

What's the difference between a religion and a cult? What difference does that make in the end with the evidence we have?

US sanctuary cities, usually populated by atheists. Worse yet, many atheists are trying to shill pedos into normalization through academia & media. christians arent perfect but they create but i dont see them doing that shit. they're like white blood cells. i see them as necessary

Christcuck tears are so delicious

Attached: 1454827322817.png (600x480, 135K)

islamphobia isn't a thing.

Islamophobe detected

what about a game where you side with pagan gods to kill evil Abrahamic gods?

>implying it isn't delusional and egotistical Hayden trying to command heaven with his new cyber angel body

Attached: hayden.png (879x362, 789K)

Or maybe spirituality is something that is unique to humanity and seething subhumans are angry that eating, fucking and posting on Instagram don't automatically qualify someone as human.

Religions aren't outlawed and are classified differently than cults due to too many people being a part of them.

>going for ad hominem because you can't prove shit
lmao

damn, fedoras look good, if you are cute

it's probably something like this.
doomguy a gudboi
he diddu nuffen
he getten his life tagetha
rippen an tearen erry sunday

You still seem to miss the point of my post because you think I was trying to prove the existence of God. That's why I'm mocking you.

You've said nothing of substance. You've basically said that they're different because they're different. Got anything concrete? Got anything relevant to the 1st century?

>Most churches donate to tons of charitable cause
Not a single penny in my shithole country. And yet the poorfags here give everything to church.
God is good. Retarded humans aren't.

But I thought that and my fedora were mandatory?

What's your shithole country?

>Thinking he was attempting to argue with you
You really don't read, do you?

Xenoblade does not fall on that trope, neither do all the Xeno games. The actual God in the series is neutral at worst and personally encourages at times. All the "god" figures you take down are demiurge-esque beings, false gods, architects of the corruption of the world.
The half of Zanza that stayed in the original world was still Klaus, and he tried his best to restore life and atone for his mistakes, the Architect is the closest thing the game had to a Big Good. If you want to take it a bit further, Alviss was confirmed to be created by the Architect, and he's the one who helped Shulk destroy Zanza

high iq patrician post right here

I'm sort of an atheist. I fucking hate fedora atheists.
There is nothing smart about being an atheist.
There are gaping big holes in fedora atheists arguments, lack of knowledge about subjects and general ignorance.
You would not believe the amount if times i've been ding dong bannu on here for embarassing them with the truth.

Good. It's as it should be. There shall be no worshipping of gods. Become something greater. Become a man.

Attached: file.png (400x889, 710K)

how would anons feel if humans went to space and encountered christfag aliens who were already Christian before humanity made contact

When reactionary pretend-Christianity inevitably falls out of fashion and goes away, what will replace it? Obnoxious internet atheism again?

Attached: TJ.jpg (377x547, 31K)

sure worked well for the god emperor didn't it?

I seriously doubt he's even trying to COMMAND heaven.

Most likely he's made a "false" heaven with robotics and super tech that he plans on swooping in with to fight off the demons after they've overrun everything, so he can set himself up as "god" over the few survivors.

He's more like the Demiurge in this scenario.

>A fallen angel. I bet that's the good guy!
how are zoomers this dumb?

Reactionary pretend-Islam

Everyone goes like Alan Moore and starts worshipping a snake puppet to piss off Christlets.

lmao

They really are
>"reeee why do people criticize the cult I follow that believes magic is real and there's a man in the clouds who tortures people for eternity for touching their dicks?"

It would have, without the meddling of gods.

I just hate that we're moving away from the idea of intrinsic good and evil in stories. Star Wars was a great example until the sequel trilogy fucked it up.

But now everyone wants "shades of grey" nonsense. Everyone is a little good, and a little bad. And nothing is interesting.

Its definitely Hayden and his followers masquerading as angelic using Argent Energy to transform themselves to a new form

Real heaven is going to subtly give Doom Guy an assist to rip Hayden a new asshole

homo-demons

a cult will kill you if you try to leave

>I HAD A SURPRISE PREPPED AND EVERYTHING

>NuDoom
LOL

thisOr oriental/tribal religions with multiple gods.
Or new religions

Tax exempt status.

Literally not being facetious here. A religion is just a cult with a large number of followers.

I think it's because religions have established history and mythologies in world cultures.
Cults tend to pop up randomly

This, I love irredeemable evil.

It's just a way to have differently themed enemies, stop overthinking it.

That's the thing about Destiny that pissed me off the most, the 'darkness' vs light getting retconned out of existence and instead of being a noble knight fighting against the darkness (tm) you're just a space zombie fighting aliens.

It's the Seraphim you mongol.

but it wasn't you idiot.

You are more pretentious about Atheism than atheists. You're literally affording them the existence of "followers" in the same sentence.

>god and the devil exist
>but both are assholes
>side with none
What does that make somebody?

>Yea Forums grew up
It was bound to happen eventually

The grey morality thing is a side-effect of the current world and people not being able to make sense of it all.

In fiction its gotten old though.
Ironically the largest blockbuster film of the year was a classic good vs evil story and everyone loved it, so it's not like there isn't a way for such stories to be successful.
Also a lot of "grey" morality stories are never truly grey.
It's just good guys with some flaws vs the bad guys have a handful of relatable figures who still do heinous shit.

An SMT protagonist

Have you never read Milton you dumbass?

>An SMT protagonist
What's that?

Speaking in terms of the connotations of the word and not as they actually exist, religion fosters a sense of community among freely-participating members to encourage virtue and good will while a cult bullies its members into compliance and exploits them for its own sake

In other words, building people up for their own sake and for goodness's sake vs tearing them down for your own sake?

I don't know I'm just spitballing really

Attached: 1560127339331.jpg (1200x1125, 218K)

How fucking dumb do you have to be to think the heaven looking areas are actually heaven?
It's obviously Hayden doing some shit

>rape your boipussy
>you get punished as well by being arrested for rape
Great logic my dude

> thinking this will have anything to do with christian big-g GOD
> using this delusion to start a thread

The player character in shin megami tensei games.
Shin Megami Tensei is a jrpg dungeon-crawler series about the supernatural world clashing with the real one.
The games tend to give players the option to side with a few deities who are engaging in a spiritual war.
Basically think of those alignment meme charts with good, chaotic good, neutral good, etc.
You can often align yourself with god, satan, some other demi-god, or just say fuck it and do your own thing.

Zoomers are surprisingly religious after edgy boomers being religiously athiest. Both sides are cringy to the max, as much as i hate to ride middleground its the way to go with religion

They turned SJW. The will redcon the doomguy as being a blazkowicz kike. Mark my words.

>depiction of OG Old Testament style divinity shitting on humanity because they deserve it
>REEEEEEEEEEEE I'M BEING PERSECUTED HELP ME HELP ME THEY'RE BEING MEAN TO DADDY SKY WIZARD
Maybe don't write an entire book where your God dunks on humanity because he's a cunt if you don't want people to depict him that way

Thank you.

> followers
I used to be christian, so I understand if it's hard to imagine, but being an atheist just means you usually totally forget that religion and even the concept of god are a thing because it has so little cross section with your life

>Heaven and Hell are saying "fuck you humanity'
>meanwhile a Predator gives Doomguy a shoulder cannon and a wristblade

I didnt hear one word about the darkness (tm) in d2, just random aliens and a cabal guy with daddy issues

I think this is fairly accurate.
There are religious extremists that basically lean into cult-like behavior though under your definition.
But for the most part when practiced in optimal conditions religion does encourage altruistic behavior.

I think there's a spectrum for religion though.
You have super dedicated followers who truly follow doctrine and have convinced themselves into living this life style
You have people who just fall into it because of the religion being a cultural norm(however I find that even here people tend to be at least a bit more decent than normal)
Then you have people who use religion to manipulate in the same way cultists use cults.

Wouldn't that be in a way agnosticism?

maybe analogous, but agnosticism is impossible if you KNOW god exists

So, they are like robots?

This reminds me of theories I've heard that the bible actually implies there being multiple gods, or at least versions of the same god.
I should actually read the whole thing some time.
I always start reading random books and then the old english overwhelms me.

no, agnosticism is literally the belief that maybe god exists.

Then what would that be in real world terms?

>Making a whole fake wiki page just to try and trump my obviously correct and informed statement
Haha, maybe next time incel beta cuck loser

Attached: 1553726036482.png (554x400, 66K)

you are so fucking stupid and retarded fuck off

You are so retarded it hurts. I hope this is bait and you are jewishly rubbing hands

There's a section of the Bible where God says to not have the names of other gods on your lips. To me that tells me he acknowledges the existence of other deities

This is my theory as well. They fucked up this creation/experiment and then kept us inside the freezer along with other universes for whoever knows when.

doot

Attached: IMG_20190610_072408.png (485x515, 400K)

Seeing how the left has fallen in this decade I'm siding with the right these days and I am agnostic.

That's because you don't live among them you retard.

Has there ever been a game that made sure God was good, but the church was corrupted from God's will?

Attached: 1504687526639.jpg (247x250, 6K)

Agreed. Its so pathetic.

Attached: IWillBetheChurch.jpg (2597x1188, 990K)

Lol dark matter is a name given to the unknown mass we predict is there from calculations. Astronomers are working to find out what that is.

The Netflix series was the most accurate representation of Catholicism out of those 3 examples. They were hate mongers and exiled or killed anyone and anything that stood against whatever they so desired

Wasn't the point that the church as a whole is good (The fact they were the ones that fixed the mess that the bishop caused) but individuals are corruptible?

So the church didn't burn Dracula's wife on a stake in the previous series?

The bishop in the castlevania series wouldn't be so bad if the Arch-bishop hadn't been a fat inhuman looking homoculi who was just as evil as the bishop. At least then it would have just been justifiable as "Its just one evil outlier", but the archbishop takes it to "no, they're all bastards" level.

The archbishop at the start does a giant Speech about how "Just" they were and how much Dracula's speech was bullshit on the day Dracula told them he'd return to kill them all, and is a fat arrogant piece of shit.
Plus the crusader that beats the shit out of Issiac just to show how evil the Crusaders were.

Nah, the series has a pretty straight "CHRISTIANITY EVIL" bent. Hell, Sylpha even talks about how her order stands in opposition to God in the second season (with a "See, God hates me!" joke a few seconds after it)

>thinks christianity held back scientific progress
>gee who preserved writing and record keeping after the fall of Rome?
>even the muslims still preserved mathematics
>Builds countless universities, hospitals, orphanages and schools.
>Gregor Mendel helps improve the overall understanding of genetics
Sure thing man, keep telling yourself that.

Religious people are the biggest snowflakes ever
And Doomguy never fights Satan, so the heaven guys are probably just heaven-themed aliens too

It was a bunch of superstitious peasants and one token priest, not an ordained Bishop doing a witch hunt in the games.

No

Sypha was right though. God did consider trying to recover the ancient knowledge lost after the Tower of Babel a bad thing

>retards still getting doomguy from 1 and 2 mixed up with the one from the RPGs
Every time

>Demons literally say flat out the only reason they can walk in the church is because the bishop abandoned God of his own volition
>This is somehow painting God in a bad light
We barely know anything about the Seraphs in Doom and they haven't even been shown as enemies, calm the fuck down.

Then the show was SJW garbage desu.

>higher than trannies
Lmao

Attached: 1557943891703m.jpg (589x1024, 71K)

Wait, DOOM makes the church the bad guy now? What the fuck

What the fuck even are these designs, looks like some generic soulless chink fantasy concept art

Attached: Doom Eternal Full Showcase _ Bethesda E3 2019 0-8 screenshot.png (1920x1080, 1.92M)

>ignorance is bliss

40%

Don't you have a little kid to sodomize, father?

>depictions of GOD = BAD church are invariably based on the Catholic Church
Based and Lutherpilled. Have fun burning in fire for eternity you idolworshipping heretics

I'm not trans ya fuckin evangelical cuck

>graph is photoshopped
Amazing

What did Nintendo do?

God and religion have always been bad. Stop letting priests diddle kids, retard.

>too fucking stupid to realize it was a parody post because he didn't even look at the picture
come the fuck on

>not being a calvinist

Attached: calvin checkd.png (468x599, 734K)

Then explain how Lucifer and his gang rebelled?

>humans in nuDoom open a portal to Hell to exploit free energy
>humans in nuDooM: Eternal unironically invite demons to Earth
Pretty safe bet to assume whatever passes for Heavens here is upset with humanity and reasons it's time for another flood. That would naturally make them enemies of the Doomguy.

It was just a prank bro. God even told Lucifer how to pull it off.

>Implying Doomguy will go against the angels.

Couldn't you guys tell that was Samuel Hayden's voice? Or that Samuel Hayden's name sounds like S.hayden = Satan he's shitting his pants and trying to warn Doomguy against continuing to fight. Because he's afraid of seeing the wrath of heaven strike him. We haven't seen Doomguy fight any Angels in the trailer, and we've only seen him fight the demons. Even if he does, I bet the game will still pull the "these are intergalactic beings we ASSUME are Angels and demons" schitck that the previous game said. Would be disappointing if they do that. Also last game said that Doomguy got his enhanced speed and strength from a Seraphim.

That was the Argent Templar guys. No Doomsayer was not their leader. That was the ghostly kingly looking bearded guy we see in the new trailer. He basically backstabbed the group to bring back his son and his son reincarnated as Icon Of Sin. Doomguy dealt the final blow on the Icon of Sin in Doom 2 and we can presume that the Argent leader died.

Based

Again, if that was Hayden speaking, he was probably trying to manipulate Doomslayer.

Attached: 1560070215747.jpg (525x477, 46K)

Not gonna lie, Christian dark ages look pretty bad on this chart.

Attached: True History of the World.png (3630x1615, 783K)

The show takes your god standard agnostic "GOD is good! but religion is evil, and by extension, obviously religions don't "know" what god wants or is like, so just do whatever you want and be "good"!"

>Samual = Satan

I think you're reaching there, a more obvious symbol there is Samuel= Samael.

Attached: Samaell.jpg (370x550, 48K)

> vague "scientific advancement" axis without units of measurement specified
You are the type of retard that makes us fedora-tippers look bad.

Exactly. Doomguy is being smart and attacking the problem at the source.

That's the part that you take an issue with? Not the Finno-Korean hyper war?

>he didn't read any of the time periods
Who was your favorite general from the Finno-Korean Hyperwar? I personally feel Klackatah Vishbaria is underrated given his effective use of dimensional rifts to rapidly encircle enemy positions

Yes i too ascribe my relativistic baseless morality to God.

Another thing. If it's not Samuel Hayden. It could be the "Wretch" that backstabbed the demons and joined with Doomguy and co. It's possible he sees the consequences of Doomguy's actions and is pleading with him not to continue.

Everyone knows that one happened.

Attached: Prööh.gif (1372x1024, 800K)

No, YOU are, fucking moron.

Attached: 1535704449252.jpg (377x567, 15K)

basically my thoughts on this
we know he's returning too for sure so he probably threw himself in a brand new fancy body

>people are still this deeply confused on the topic of religion

Attached: 1557740701445.png (940x1039, 691K)

Not Samuel. Take the first initial of Samuel "S" and then put Hayden next to it. S. Hayden. I am not saying that he is the actual Biblical Satan. But he is still in a way the "Satan" of the story. The adversary.

Attached: image.jpg (292x360, 40K)

I would argue those religious extremists are cultists who pervert religion for their own sake. It would follow from their controlling nature that they inevitably break off from the religion to form their own cult.

And another implication that follows from your argument is how deeply the members think.
That the super dedicated followers understand the religion in its entirety and are not blindly following doctrine but choose to follow because they conclude it is the best and good way to live for themselves and their community.
Those who fall into it as a cultural norm are not strong thinkers.
And those who use the religion to manipulate are strong thinkers but succumb to their own greed and desires and bad nature and are therefore inferior to the super dedicated.
Shepards, sheep, and wolves.

I'm lifting a lot from Aristotle's Nicomachean Ethics

Precisely. Might also be why his voice has changed. Plus some leaked artwork seems to have a demonic looking robot guy. Could be Samuel Hayden's new form. Either that or it's one of the Wraiths.

Attached: Doom Eternal Art.jpg (1200x628, 206K)

Look, the point isnt that theyre angels, the point is that Doom Guy is so powerful that nothing, not even God can stop him.
Do you get it now? Its an excuse to make new enemy types and Jerk off Doomguy, which is what everyone is here to see. Everything fuels this, from the Angels, to the Massive fucking BFG, etc etc

angel guy is almost assuredly him or someone under his thumb

>over 10% of the US population kills themselves
Fuck off with your lies. Only hart disease and cancer cause more than 10% of deaths.
>healthline.com/health/leading-causes-of-death
>10. Suicide
>Percent of total deaths: 1.64 percent

It's happening?

Attached: image.jpg (1244x850, 260K)

Do you not understand basic science? Having theories just means that those are our best explanations for observed phenomena and we're working towards proving or disproving them. Just because we don't full understand the universe doesn't mean we should stop trying.

Yes, but that plainly jumps from a slaying evil theme to something far broader.

>offended evangelicals in the 90s
>now offends nu-gelicals in the 2010s
i love doom

Doomguy has been confirmed as BJ decendant since Doom 1, brainlet.

What, do you think DOOM is just gonna progress Horizontally until the end of time, like some fucking WAD?
No, of course he's gonna kill Angels and Demons alike, he's the fucking Doomslayer, he's barely using humanity's continued existence as an excuse to murder demons

Nobody tell the tradcaths about SMT.

>"proving" scientific theories
You are the one that doesn't understand basic science.

why can we not get to a period in which we can legitimately oppress evangelicals? they are factually the dumbest fucking people on the face of the earth.

THE DEMONS AREN'T REAL /DEMONS/ RETARDS, THEY'RE JUST INTERDIMENSIONAL ALIENS WE CALL DEMONS. THE ANGELS ARE THE SAME WAY. GOD AND SATAN AREN'T A THING IN THIS UNIVERSE.

Attached: too altruistic for me.jpg (224x224, 10K)

When in history has religion ever not been degenerate? They always just say they aren't but they act like psychopathic cultists with mental issues all the time. The friendliest religious folk are always the ones that don't take it seriously at all and at most participate for community reasons.

They get off to being "oppressed" (quotes because even sometimes merely disagreeing with them equals oppression) you numbnut. They think it gets them to heaven to something.

when the species as a whole can actually genuinely come to terms with its mortality and only then

By oppressed I mean cleansing the world of their retardation

Lmao Christcucks SEETHING.

I still have a hard time seeing how Hell has been able to engineer these plans though; literally every single Demon we've seen in the games has been nothing but a giant screaming autist of rage.

It'd be neat to see some of the actual INTELLIGENT demons (like the hell priests mentioned in the lore) who do more than scream and run directly at things.

this is quite literally problem solving 101

how is the next game gonna top this? is he going to kill god?

They would get off to that too. It's also extremely difficult to kill off ideology, especially one that fetishizes suffering.

Then why do the demons use real world occult symbolism in their runes?

Attached: Doom_pentagram.gif (800x600, 1.4M)

Possibly, yeah. I mean, I hope they hype it up appropriately, and make it a worthwhile fight, but I do think Doomguy can only go vertically from now on. Thats what characterizes him, the fact that he's simply unstoppable

Introducing the dark number in the example isn't solving the problem, it's merely restating it in a formal way.

Yes, a step you take in basic problem solving when there is an unknown problem.

Icon of Sin, my dude

>implying anything has been new for a long time
>implying everything now isn't just old concepts with a fresh coat of paint

derivatives of derivatives of derivatives of derivatives of derivatives of derivatives of derivatives of derivatives of derivatives of...

inb4 "hurr robots" Michael Angelo and his wooden automated human made of pulleys and levers"
inb4 "hurr aliens" Angels/demons

Because it looks cool.

Why are video games ground zero for faggots like you with a deep masocistic need to feel persecuted.

It's shown throughout the show that the church is a positive entity tho. There's only isolated cases of some officials falling to temptation.

To be fair even a rocket scientist is going to look like a screaming autist in battle.

clearly the demons are bio-weapons engineered from multi-versal aliens in another dimension, and they're using common Human symbols of fear (such as making the bio-weapons in the shape of mythological creatures) to inspire fear in the native populace.

Its essentially a giant scooby doo hoax if the Scooby doo villains also killed the gang instead of just chasing them around.

>t. triggered christcuck

When the ruins of religious sites you can see outside your window predate Christianity by 1000 years it's hard to be angry about this trope.
t. Any country but the US

kirby loves jesus, his lord and savior and is a devout orthodox christian