BoomerCore Games

Having missed their release, what pre-2000 games are essential Boomercore and are worth taking the time to go back and appreciate?

t. zoomer

Attached: .jpg (973x599, 275K)

Do your own homework.
Visit /vr/.

Thief 1 & 2
Doom 1 & 2
Deus Ex
Planescape: Torment
Any of the main roguelikes (Angband, DCSS, Nethack, and so on)

Ocarina of Time and FF7 pissing matches dominated the 90s internet that I remember. The reason was that they were both really good. Go play them.

Doom 1 and 2, Quake 1 and 2, Half-Life 1 and Duke 3D are the only games that actually enjoyable from the 90s without nostalgia in 2019.

Any standout 3rd person shooters? Armored Core seems to have been pretty popular back then

Half life, medal of honor allied assault, system shock 2

>Thief 1 & 2
>Doom 1 & 2
>Deus Ex
>Planescape: Torment

Literally the last 4 games I played.

First, stop using the boom zoom meme, it's dumb.
Second:
Thief 1&2
Fallout 1&2
Deus Ex
Battlezone '98
TES: Daggerfall
Warcraft series
Myst Series (Myst and Riven more than the others)
Sam & Max
Grim Fandango

all the ultima games

Don't forget the RPGs. That was an era of good RPGs. It was also the era of RTS period. Command and Conquer, Red Alert, and Tiberian Sun should hold up pretty well.

What was the last soulful era here?

Attached: 1554350673752.png (1400x1039, 3.15M)

Blood
Shadow Warrior
Duke Nukem 3D but the other 2 are good
Fallout 1 and 2
Quake
Xcom classic with 25 soldiers on the field
Killeak
Jumping Flash 1 and 2

you gotta play worms armageddon dude

Attached: worms-armageddon-featured-1260x709.jpg (1260x709, 102K)

On an unrelated note, why have RPGs declined? Or at least why do there seem to be fewer memorable ones?

Homeworld
No One Lives Forever

In a certain sense, RPGs took over. It seems like every other game these days has to have "RPG mechanics"included such as stat points to boost performance and some kind of talent selection. Market research says people like this so it's all over now. As for traditional CRPG design, it only waned in popularity for about 10 years. That seems like a long time because gaming is young but from the perspective of literature, art, or even film it's not so long. I'm not sure there's much more to say than that CRPGs were so common in the 80s and 90s that people might have been a bit burnt out on them and developers might have been pursuing exciting new opportunities in other genres. Now computers have enough resources for RPGs to put on a big show and developers are taking advantage of it. The writing is hit and miss, but that's true even in fantasy novels. You get more misses than hits.

Between the N64 and PS1, which had better aesthetics?

i played doom and doom 2 for the first time yesterday. pretty shit and boring, massively overrated. new dooms are much better

>no quake

graphically they both had their advantages and disadvantages. they both looked better on crt tvs than they do on led tvs. playstation had the space for big video and music files on its disks and if one disk wasn't enough you could just use more. The n64's cartridges were an albatross around its neck.

Quake 1 and 2
Dook Nukem
Sim City 2000
Half-life
Command and Conquer

Mech warrior

To name some known Doom clones/early FPS games.
Doom 1 & 2 (obviously)
Quake 1 & 2
Hexen 1 & 2
Heretic
Blood
Rise of The Triads
Marathon
Duke Nukem 3D
Redneck Rampage
Shadow Warrior
Strife
Half LIfe 1