Halo Infinite

Who here /hyped as fuck/?

Attached: halo infinite.png (2048x1152, 3.88M)

Other urls found in this thread:

halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/discover-hope
youtube.com/watch?v=x_oKF0uA7pk
youtube.com/watch?v=PUrsOQanozo
youtube.com/watch?v=QBHxDMSlrdg
youtube.com/watch?v=6-E-hFSoIOg
youtube.com/watch?v=83MWUk_0sew
youtube.com/watch?v=WZ5Ic4N-tEU
youtube.com/watch?v=fb9CxP0Nhto
youtube.com/watch?v=rMQAQAwwn6o
reddit.com/r/truegaming/comments/1fn7ky/what_is_the_definition_of_arena_shooting_game/cae29s2?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x
levelskip.com/first-person-shooters/What-is-an-Arena-Shooter
halo.fandom.com/wiki/SPARTAN-IV_augmentation_procedures
halo.fandom.com/wiki/SPARTAN-II_augmentation_procedures
youtube.com/watch?v=qIcTM8WXFjk
youtube.com/watch?v=-ktN4bycj9s
youtube.com/watch?v=ZtgzKBrU1GY
youtube.com/watch?v=2aV-ej4gwJU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No one with a brain cell still left, for sure.

Wasn’t enough. Great artstyle, great themes “we’re going home!”, great music, great setup.

But no gameplay. Classic gameplay or forget it.

pretty much all of this

also halo 4 cortana pls

343 is incapable of making a good game.

I was hoping for gameplay, but it is for sure one of the few redeeming games at the conference of indieshit. 100% looking forward to it, has been more promising than anything 343 had done thus far.

I mean, if it's AT LEAST Apex but Halo I would play it.

gotta see gameplay first

>no gameplay

Not until they show gameplay.

So is it a reboot or what?

Wanna to see real gameplay.

Attached: 1551302207709.gif (500x400, 146K)

How can you be hyped for a game that haven’t even shown?

>a year away on a new console

So halo will remain a dead carcass for atleast another year and maybe longer if they fuck it up

>Rated "T" for "Teen"
no

Is that a br?
>square scope
Wtf 343 preorder canceled.

>That clean design

Maybe.

No, Chief is still trying to get his digital waifu back.

the whiny pilot is a bad sign

Soft reboot. H4 and H5 still canon tho.
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/discover-hope

>“we’re going home!”
pilot thinks Earth is home
It's really Installation 04

Art and music style got me excited but I'll pass judgment once I see game play.

Anime cortana > mommy cortana

That's the assault rifle, seems to have the reach bump

THICKERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

>no gameplay
Might as well just said fuck you, it's coming out next year and you'll buy it cuz you're a low-IQ name brand consumerist sheep.

Been awhile since I played any of the games, just didn't seem like it matched up with any point.

Hyped as fuck sounds good. What kind of game you expect? All the cloud power means persistent Halo rendered in real time multiplayer. Wwwwwwwwwwwws

I never got round to getting an Xbox One (I had both an OG Xbox and a 360). Of course I didn't get a PS4 either - if I got any current gen console it would be an Xbox.

But anyway, hopefully xCloud will be available this autumn, and then I can just stream Halo 5 over the internet without needing to buy a console. And then I'll be all set for Halo Infinite.

Sweet.

if MCC wasn't gonna be on PC then maybe I'd feel forced to buy this trash

>that musical sting when he wipes the frost off of the canopy and we see Chief

It gave me life. Brian Reed is a piece of shit, and I'm glad he got dropped hard.

Attached: 1495341934486.png (872x491, 367K)

I'm extremely hyped but I wish we saw gameplay - but that's getting reserved for 2020's E3 to hype up the next Xbox

My only complaint is the armour looks to plastic. It needs to be more darker and have a little bit of wear and tear

well its a damn good thing im fresh out.

It was beautiful
>Classic Shield regen sound
>Classic UNSC logo
>Classic HUD
>Reach AR

The trailer was really nice but now we have to wait til
E3
For fucking gameplay

where is kinomaster

Attached: Marty-O-Donnell-Gillette[1].jpg (585x300, 39K)

So I am confused is this not going to be on pc?

>Brian Reed is a piece of shit, and I'm glad he got dropped hard
what

Always felt that the masterchief cortana love felt forced

Dreams dead. Someone else is doing the music.

>over 2 minutes of the trailer is annoying shit of 343 trying to force some cringe character
Halo has always had badass militaryfags as their side characters we don't want some whiny Siddiq tier queer.

Attached: 1442359132022.gif (275x324, 2.54M)

Making his own games, but don’t worry most of the music will be “inspired” by his stuff

That was basically 343 slashfiction. Halo 4 was one long bad fanfic.

kinda sad they are milking the series still.

I honestly thought the nip who did 5's soundtrack did a great job.

Opposite. CE was peak waifu banter and then later on it became bullshit.

Hell yeah, baby!

Attached: halo waypoint.png (1198x570, 238K)

Halo also never had good story in its games either

>nailed the simplicity of the Mark VI armor last year
>totally fucked it up and overdesigned it over the last 12 months
>we're back to forgettable human NPCs, overtalkative MC, and endless Cortana exposition

Nope. Had small faith last year, lost it all now. Fuck 343.

>Classic gameplay

2 and 3 both made changes from CE. Halo 5 already returned to even starts with weapons and powerups on map. What makes 5 mechanics "not classic", but the changes 2 and 3 made "still classic"?

I feel like if 2 and 3 introduced some of the shit in 5 people would be fine with the mechanics and sucking them off, wheras if duel wielding was first introduced in 5 people would be shitting on it and saying how it's unhalo and is ruining the series.

it's confirmed for PC

Reminder that this isn't actually Halo 6 and will likely be Chief's last game. Halo 6 will star Locke, who will then become the face of the series.

wtf I love 343 now

>overtalkative MC
???

If it's fun like CE and not a bunch of annoying scripted setpieces I'll buy it.

>Child soldiers
>Collective alien menace
>Ancient weapons of mass destruction
>John Carpenter's "The Thing" on steroids
user, I...

He's back lads

Nope. 343 had their chance and they blew it. Now Microsoft will force them to keep Chief.

They already said that Chief is the face moving forward. Locke is dead, bury it.

Yeah it wouldn't make much sense to show gameplay now given that it's coming out next year with Scarlett. That's a whole year in which it will probably change.

I do think the armour looks a little weird, yeah. The 117 is a bit weird, he's never had anything printed on there before. And the proportions just look, I dunno, a bit weird, but generally I think it looks pretty good.

Why didn't Microsoft hire him after Bungie dropped him? Surely that was the perfect opportunity to throw a fuckton of cash at him and say "please come back to Halo".

Maybe they did, but you would have thought that if they had, it would have been with a fuckton of cash (since MS are flushed), and in such a case surely it would be difficult to say no.

Attached: halo infinite armour.png (1918x1072, 1.55M)

Is Marty back? Can anyone confirm or deny?

i like how i cant remember a single track from halo 5 but can recall many from 4

>that classic shield recharge hum

Attached: 1327368978587.jpg (544x524, 16K)

He's not back.

I thought the guy who did Halo 4's music was better. I don't even remember anything from 5.

youtube.com/watch?v=x_oKF0uA7pk
youtube.com/watch?v=PUrsOQanozo
youtube.com/watch?v=QBHxDMSlrdg

He's not back, some other dude but at least he's trying to imitate Marty's work.

It was originally announced for Xbox One and PC, and today they said it's going to launch with Scarlett.

So it's coming to three platforms, it seems.

how the hell do you continue from halo 5 when they're trying to reboot

It's funny, I think Arbiter, voiced by a black guy, could have easily had his own game. Could have turned the Sanghelios civil war into an entire game, I think it would have been really well received. But no, gotta push a cardboard cutout instead.

>overdesigned
>overtalkative MC
??? shut the fuck up lmao

>hyped
what are you 13
getting hyped is for kids you should know better by now

What's going on with this deconstructed cube stuff?

Attached: 1560121315174_kindlephoto-73873874.png (446x297, 237K)

God fucking damn it. All I want is Marty to come back and make me feel happy with his music.

Unless it's Classic gameplay I do not give a shit

Attached: 1559955700243.png (1280x1244, 115K)

feel the same way

>CG Trailer

Tell me when we get gameplay.

prolly related to the stuff at the end of HW2

Halo story so far during the end and after Halo 5.

>Halo 5
>Cortana is alive but now she has her own goal
>Fuck you Chief, Fuck humanity
>Organic species are bad
>because organic species literally destroyed the galaxy twice with their senseless wars
>The Mantle of Responsibility belongs to the AIs, The Created is now called the faction Cortana is her leader
>Halo 5 ended with a mysterious new Halo ring (legendary ending)

>After Halo 5 (Novels / Comics)
>AI: we offer peace and a prosperous future, but give up your weapos now
>Organic species: Fuck off!
>Another war started, between organic species and AIs
>AI controls everything, the galaxy is almost governed by them
>*muh autistic organic resistance*
>Resistance discovers the Installation 09
>AIs now control everything that includes weapons, armor, vehicles and Forerunner technology

* Mising link * Probably the next novel.

>Halo Infinite trailer
>A mysterious but destroyed Halo ring
>Master Chief floating in space using an old Mark armor
> a guy says "we lost"

So ... the organic species destroyed Installation 09 but they lost the war. The AI now controls all the military equipment, so the resistance is using old military equipment because the AI can not access it, why? Because the AIs that help humanity during the Covenant War are all dead, even Cortana, because the new Cortana is not Cortana (the only old and alive AI is Serina, from Halo Wars, will be important in the future).

So The Created faction, only contains AIs created after the Covenant War, so they only know how to hack / use the new technology and Forerunner technology, but they do not know how to use the old human equipment and probably the military equipment of the Covenant. We need a novel to clarify this thing.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 37K)

Nope, sorry, Chief is the main character forever now.

Halo 5's music was completely forgettable

Fuck off.

He's not, but why the fuck didn't Microsoft try and hire him once Bungie fired him?

soulless
youtube.com/watch?v=6-E-hFSoIOg

This

117 is by the guy who did 5's soundtrack.

I thought this was the best track from 4:
youtube.com/watch?v=83MWUk_0sew

And for 5:
youtube.com/watch?v=WZ5Ic4N-tEU

Or preferably they could have just had him as a playable character for part of a main Halo game again. I really liked that part of Halo 2. It really added depth to the story.

no gameplay, really not showing nothing, look kind of different to the usual 343 halo style, too bad it has pro spic propaganda I bet the villain here will wear a MAGA hat.

your shitposting aside I do legitmately hope that MC is retired, albiet not for locke since locke is horribly bland.

We can't just have MC endlessly saving the galaxy over and over with increasingly contrived excuses for why the galaxy is in danger and why the covenant are enemies. Halo isn't Mario. As is, MC's story should have ended in 3. Unless they are going to just reboot the series and start making mainline games take place in the past during the war if they MUST have MC be the hero and the covenant be the enemies.

this is what I fear

Exactly this. Halo absolutely has the potential for spinoffs with other characters or even for a new protag to carry the mainline games, there's so much fucking stuff in the lore, but Locke was the blandest motherfucker I've ever seen, MC himself barely talks or emotes and Locke looks bland as fuck even compared to him.

The worst part is that Locke COULD have been cool: His backstory is he was a black market assassin for hire that ONI picked up. He could be this sleazy, ammoral pragmatist who doesn't mind collatoral damage or playing dirty, and instead he's even more by the books then cheif is

>because the new Cortana is not Cortana
help me with this i dont remember 4 and 5 at all

I assume it's a Halo ring under construction or something.

>Game engine footage
You truly are a fucking brainlet aren't you.

Obviously ODST's music is better than 4 or 5's. The point was that 4 was better than 5 though.

>What makes 5 mechanics "not classic", but the changes 2 and 3 made "still classic"?
People don't like the stupid shit they did to the movement. Halo is a sandbox FPS and the shit that was added to Reach onward fucks with the sandbox. You want to move fast? Use a vehicle, teleporter, or a grav launcher. Using tools on the map is more interesting than making them base player traits.

Enjoy Anthem 2.0 fuck face

>>>After Halo 5 (Novels / Comics)
>>AI: we offer peace and a prosperous future, but give up your weapos now
>>Organic species: Fuck off!
>>Another war started, between organic species and AIs
>>AI controls everything, the galaxy is almost governed by them
>>*muh autistic organic resistance*
>>Resistance discovers the Installation 09
>>AIs now control everything that includes weapons, armor, vehicles and Forerunner technology

Why the hell would you do all that in books nobody reads? Halo 4 all over again. I hate 343 so much.

This makes me think the Forerunner architecture is still going to look like shit.

>propaganda
JFC you're a thin skinned alarmist baby, aren't you?

>we understand Halo's about Masterchef, we fucked up and are gonna fix it
>first actual trailer
>5 minutes of a literal who, showing his family and garbage
>copy paste old Bungie Thumbstick tutorial shit
>that's it
>comes out in year, no gameplay

Attached: 1557778021909.jpg (645x773, 62K)

I really enjoyed Atriox I hope we see him in Halo infinite

Colony could be neat too

You've never played a Halo game

i bought halo at launch so no faggot im not

>I don't have a counterarguement
>I know i'll tell him to fuck off

I challenge you to at least coime up with new gameplay mechanics tht you WOULD think fits in Classic Halo that you'd be okay with: You are clearly fine with duel wielding, vehicle hijacking, equipment etc as new additions, so come up other shit you'd be okay with

I've never understood the CE HAS THE BEST CAMPAIGN BECAUSE IT'S NONLINEAR FUCK 2'S LINEAR SCRIPTED SETPIECES thing

The only actual non-linear mission in CE is Mission 2, and the non-linearity hardly matters because all it amounts to ois changing the order in which you tackle each combat playspace, without it impacting how the mission plays out. ANd each combat playspace isn't particularly large either, it's just that there's a gigantic, empty, waste of space field between them for padding. This is the issue I have with CE's campaign as a whole: All of the "openess" people talk about is really just empty space due to technical limits at the time and for padding, and as a result of how open the outdoor spaces are, most enemy encounters in outdoor envoirments in CE play the exact same since it's all just open fields. In terms of interior spaces, CE is stupidly linear and repetitive with copy-pasted hallways and coordoors with the same visuals and layouts; not to mention thetre's hardly any variety ibn enemy types of weapons

in 2, the outdoor spaces may be less open, but they aren't any smaller: They are just filled with more structures, rocks, trees, and terrain variation which gives them structure, cover, etc; and by extrension varies up how you handle enemy encounters. Similatly, while 2 still suffers from repetuitive hallway mazes to an extent in some missions, for the most part 2's indoor areas look different, with different layouts, and have more decroatives to help them feel less sterile. Having unique setpieces in each mission also further helps variety, as does the large quanitity of weapons and enemy types.

That suit looks fucking great. Clean edges, no hexagonal underarmour bullshit, visor is is solid and not broken up.

I still have my doubts gameplay wise but 343 is finally getting the aesthetics.

You don't need to know this shit because it's a soft reboot, they're doing it like Halo 1 where they drop you in the middle of a war.

year and a half, sweaty :)

Literally what the what is this composed Halo?

>surely it would be difficult to say no
>Marty
Money doesn't buy the man, user.

I don’t negotiate with non persons. You are a non person. Fuck off.

>Everybody got BTFO by Cortana and her guardians
>She maintains control by threatening to activate the halo ring
>Chief refuses to give up and still thinks he can reach her
>They team up one final time to stop the flood or some ancient evil bullshit
Sounds like kino to me lads

Attached: yes.gif (600x338, 674K)

What's going on with this?

Attached: 1560121315174_kindlephoto-73982249.png (1471x359, 817K)

Not gonna read all that garbage but 2 had awful shit like the scarab and jackal snipers while CE had actually interesting enemy encounters throughout the game.

why is the green giant floating in space?

why are they mad the ring is asplode?

what is this shit
make a no sense

>unironically shilling nuHalo and shitting on CE’s campaign

Literal cancer.

I hope the flood is back.

She dipped and joined Cortana simply to cure her rampancy right?

Attached: Serina.jpg (600x760, 82K)

The remix of Never Forget from H3 was really nicely done I thought.
youtube.com/watch?v=fb9CxP0Nhto

Honestly, Halo has always had good music. It was best when it was Marty doing it, but it's still pretty nice even without him.

Attached: musical.png (354x286, 28K)

Sounds dumb, Chief would kill Cortana if given the chance

WHEN IS THE GODDAMN MCC COMING OUT

Attached: 1556400826757s.jpg (250x140, 4K)

Nearly lost it during the intro to HW2
feelsbadman

you don’t know me don’t (you) me never again.

We've known that the art style will be decent and that it's set a Halo already. We didn't get anything new from that trailer whatsoever and after Halo 4, MCC and 5 I'm not letting myself get excited.

>he is so buttflustered that i proved his false assertion wrong that he spergs out in a fit of anger
Delicious. What a fucking thicko you are.

Attached: your tears.jpg (480x360, 23K)

after summer i imagine
they're doing a summer tour with mcc you can try out so its gotta release after the season

The UNSC is made up entirely of Mexicans and Australians

Sounds like a terrible 343 story.

rent free

HE COMIN

Don't worry, she will betray Cortana the first chance she gets and we will hear her witty shit again

Everything, fucking everything be it film or videogames, that has either "infinite" or "forever" in the title ends up being a fucking peace of shit.
Prove me wrong

>Mira! A Mark V!

Cortana should have stayed dead. It was one of the few things 343 got right in 4, then they fucked it up completely in the next one.

youtube.com/watch?v=rMQAQAwwn6o

Attached: sad frog.jpg (619x453, 28K)

>Chief would kill Cortana if given the chance

Attached: (You).jpg (645x729, 64K)

Halo ring reconstructing the damage

>Pilot says his hand servos must've locked up
>Chief tries to hide the chip from him as he has his back turned
>"Not them"
>"Not again"
I'm putting the pieces together that this pilot absolutely loathes AI and that Cortana and her takeover cost him his family. He values and respects the Chief, to be sure, but the detail about Spartans like Chief having an AI companion is far from common knowledge.
Willing to bet the Pilot's going to have to turn against the Chief as he has opposing views and disagrees with whatever plan the Chief has going to 'get Cortana back'.
That's going to be the conflict and its probably what's gonna draw out the 'humanity' from Chief.

>resistance goes around destroying all the Halo rings so Cortana can't use them
>finally get the last one
>Gravemind shows up

Attached: ALLEY LOCATED.png (640x480, 344K)

>This
Laskey is the only "acceptable" nu character to accompany the chief

>tfw the ending of H4 should have been the ending of H7 and chief should have died with her
We go together...

You fuckin’ kidding me mate?

I want to see their new ayy designs, will the broots show up again?

Attached: Atriox_Concept_Size.jpg (1920x1080, 256K)

It's Halo 3 all over again.
Humans and Elites are the Resistance and other minor sentient species like Grunts and Brutes are sucking A.I virtual dicks.

Halo is nothing without Bungie.

Attached: 1555748448690.jpg (1024x576, 65K)

Sufficiently hyped. Although that Holiday 2020 tag got me pissed off, at least they're clearly not trying to rush this thing.

Good thing their spirit looks to be all over this.

>Same design as the Project Scarlett logo.
We're could get an expanded Composer Forge. Fortnite X+
ttps://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-ktN4bycj9s

They should definitely show their home world. Look at their weapons and vehicles in 3, it's as if they alone were their own enemy faction.

Brian Reed rewrote the story for Halo 5 mid-development, which is why everything in the campaign was awful and inconsistent to pre-release info

Atriox is so handsome

>thinking Chief would put feelings over logic
Cortana went insane and is trying to control the galaxy. Chief would kill her if he had the chance, anything otherwise would be stupid 343 shit.

Meh.

She accepted her fate gracefully, unlike that whiny purple lavalamp.

Mate she deleted herself decades before Cortana was even made.

Halo is an Arena shooter, which is defined not only by the emphasis on pickups and the sandbox, but also by verticality and platforming in map design and map traversal, which synergizes with pickups by encouraging you to move through the map

If you ask me, THAT'S what the core design principals of Halo are. 2 already established that new base player traits are acceptable, such as duel wielding and vehicle hijacking. I don't see why those, which are sandbox-interactive player traits, are okay, but new movement player traits are unacceptable

I don't at all agree that map traversal solely occuring through basic running, jumping, and sandbox tools is "more interesting" then having additional player movement options. Halo has always had less movement complexity compared to other shooters, to the point of almost being barebones in that department. Having additional options to get around the map and more tools for skilljumps is almost categorically "more interesting", barring poor execution which results in balance issues

Now, if people have their own personal vission of what Halo's design principals are, and 5's mechanics violate them, then that's fine, but nobody ever explains what those design principals are; they just assert without explanation that 5 isn't "classic halo" without defining what Classic Halo is, and when I HAVE seen people do that, they almost always outline criteria that 2 and 3 themselves violated

For example...

> and the shit that was added to Reach onward fucks with the sandbox

It was Halo 3 that added a brand new category of sandbox items in equipment, which actually broke the thing bungie said defined Halo to them, which is the golden triangle; by adding a 4th combat pillar.

Reach only made it worse by additionally breaking even starts, and then 4 went full retard with CoD-ifying evgerything, but 5's movement shit litterally doesn't even interact with the sandbox, so I don't see what you possibly mean by "fucks with the sandbox"

It was pushed pretty hard in the books, but the fact that you played Halo 3 and didn't get the memo makes me wonder if you have brain damage.

Serina killed herself before HW2 user. AIs only get 7 years

>Its not John117 but an AI in a suit

Attached: 1552269307869.png (240x240, 62K)

Palmer is hot though

Fuck off autist, nobody cares about your shill wall of text. Your halo is dead. Back to classic.

If the game has clamber and sprint, it will be dead on arrival.

Marty went off to make his own video games company.

Hey, it’s the deliver hope guy, he knows how to do Marty justice.

I think they were trying to set the mood.
Between Laskey, the Arbiter, Blue team, Halsey or even >>>>>>>>> Palmer. I find it hard to believe this random dude will have any significant role in this story.

>AI can hijack Spartan IV armor and use them with deadly precision
>this is why everyone reverts back to older models since they can't be hacked

Attached: giphy.gif (500x333, 1.47M)

Just go back to Waypoint already, most people don't want the stupid advanced movement in Halo. It obviously doesn't work given how much 343 has to gimp it and the failure to integrate it into combat like Titanfall has.

For those of you curious about the look of the armor it looks to be a straight up hybrid of Halo 3's Mark VI and the armor from the Halo anime / 2012 live action series, especially the shoulders

Attached: Mark IV The Package.png (472x599, 303K)

No shes dead.
I am curious about Roland, though.

imagine believing this

Why did halo 4 and 5 have to fuck up the story so much and make it a gay emotional shit with cortana trying to kill everyone and shit lads?

Attached: 1535365285368.jpg (1920x1240, 532K)

the ingame design looks better than that

user it's been explained to death how sprint just doesn't work with halo's gunplay and map design philosphy. You can add new elements through sandbox interaction, because those don't define map design, but you can't change basic player movement, as that needs a complete overhaul of the gameplay.

>literally no gameplay
This is just like the teaser from 2013. You retards won't seriously fall for this shit again, will you?

Attached: 1504009426180.png (468x644, 314K)

Yeah, I immediately thought of Halo Legends when I saw the 117 on his chestplate.

Need some gameplay my man

I want a new halo game with a custom made character or without the Master Chief.
My favorite games are Reach and ODST because the feel I don't know kinda real, I mean Master Chief is like fucking Godzilla you know he can't die and he can't be defeated so it's boring.

Because we need to tell you (((our))) story nerd.

Hyd Tim Longo

fuck off egghead

I know I'm just citing it as a clear inspiration
In fact early in development it was straight up just that

Attached: infinite development image.png (1485x791, 1.52M)

>5 isn't "classic halo" without defining what Classic Halo is, and when I HAVE seen people do that, they almost always outline criteria that 2 and 3 themselves violated
I have done that, multiple times.

I've even told you areas where the original Halos were clearly shit. Your shilling just doesn't come from a good place and it's painfully obvious.

>I mean Master Chief is like fucking Godzilla you know he can't die and he can't be defeated so it's boring.
I haven't played any of the new games but in CE you're pretty much just on par with an Elite as Master Chief.

tfw urge to play some halo but sold my bone long ago

fact: Halo is full of mexicans and spics, they are the only ones who still play Halo Reach to this day.

I wonder what the non-banished brutes stand on their relations with humans, still openly violent, or "stay the fuck out of our way and dont come near us" neutral, they don't seem as independent as the Sangheili so would think that they still roll around space in covenant ships.

Attached: Atriox_texture.png (1280x735, 571K)

because the trailer was mind blowing
very clever and upvoted

Attached: 1560065340393.gif (498x280, 1.88M)

kinda wish their was gameplay, do like the new suit design though it does need better textures and a darker green

>join custom edition server
>just spics saying jajajaja xDDDD

>he doesn't want to be crushed under Palmers perfect spartan thighs
Ok fag

It's a great mix of the two armors, both were from the classic artstyle

Attached: halo infinite chief.jpg (1100x619, 334K)

haha for real

Why didn't they announce the Reach beta finally I'm sick of waiting.

Oh, yeah, I forgot that Halo rings have server systems. Looks like the Composer effect, though. How much you wanna get we get composed powers building bridges, cover and Prometheon weapon upgrades, finally.

>Spiritual reboot
>4 and 5 are still canon, kinda, sorta.

So basically they don't wanna commit to a full reboot, but they wanna run as far away as possible from 5's garbage engine because no Halo fan ever has wanted to play a game where Cortana's the villain.

No, the first trailer was mindblowing.

This was just a big nothing sandwich. A very subtly directed one, which I like, but still nothing.

You have no reason to employ 'hype' yet.

That was me, sorry.

Yeah, a lot less blocky and with a far better helmet.

Thank god they got rid of the hexagons and basketball undersuits

I miss the days when COD and HALO were hated and made fun of by everyone on Yea Forums. Phoneposting was a mistake.

MC and a compa!

¡Love it

This armor is too green. The OP image looks much better.

Nah, I dont know about the last one, I think it was a poor executed idea.

>it's as if they alone were their own enemy faction.
they were, they had a civil war and nuked themselves back to the stone age before Covenant found them

The best thing about idiots is that it's so easy to prove them wrong.

Attached: Screenshot 2019-06-10 at 00.58.40.png (1314x724, 325K)

puta marica

That's right jajaja

Attached: descarga (2).jpg (238x212, 11K)

Yes thank god. Getting rid of that post-war Halo 4/5 artstyle is a huge step in getting my trust back

Yeo.

who is this mattress actress

I forgot he was a Pinkerton. He was also one of the guys who did Wounded Knee lmao

They're really dedicating themselves to the covenant war look
The AR looks like the reach one

Problema?

Attached: 1558008673958.gif (300x200, 26K)

Is this bait?

The last time we saw Master Chief he was in a UNSC Spartan Armor Station on Infiniti, wuh happen?

We got to see chief's new armour, the classic shield recharge sound and classic music aswell as a snippet of the story. That's good enough for a teaser that was meant to do exactly that. We'll get proper gameplay the E3 of the year it releases, like always.

>Halo is an Arena shooter
Why would you make a post about a subject that you know literally NOTHING about?

Attached: people laughing at you.jpg (1600x1063, 168K)

Have sex incel

Installation 04 is space debris. What we saw was Zeta Halo.

Attached: watch-dogs-2-gif-3.gif (696x566, 3.78M)

I want a female Spartan waifu to be the big spoon and cuddle me.
Just not Palmer.

No, he was on the Arbiter's planet
I think I read last year that there's been a 2-3 year timeskip where a war's happened

343 deserves cautious optimism at the absolute most. They do not deserve 'hype'.

Attached: 1558493896765.jpg (742x729, 115K)

You'll get a Sangheili gf instead

I think it's as simple as she's lived for too long and is now going rampant

>fast = arena shooter

go stroke off to bhop maps you've never completed

Good taste.

gaylo has been dead for 12 years. Just give up already

>spic worshiping a white savior
I don't know user thats pretty based. its shows that while lesser beings can only run its the white man who will stand and fight

that game is so fucking bad it's unreal

Attached: 1546323445178.jpg (1240x1760, 247K)

Why doesn't Master Chief just delete the rampancy files

>basketball undersuits
my man. I think the Halo Wars undersuits look the best.

Attached: HW2_RedTeam-MarkIV_Concept.jpg (1920x808, 224K)

But they arent as cute

At least his armor doesn’t look retarded.

Because they felt they needed to "evolve the character"

The Halo 2 Anniversary and Halo Wars 2 cutscenes are fantastic
Halo Wars 2's look gave me faith that the franchise was course correcting

Agreed. Infinite seems to go for something less metallic, as it was in Halo 1-Reach, though.

that was the worst of the shock games by far, though.

by Halo 3 you could tell that Cortana was starting to deteriorate and with Halo 4 it was cranked up to eleven to the point she was tearing herself apart. Chief attempts to find a way to save her though a skinless guy wanted to turn humanity into fuck you robots so that took priority resulting in Cortana splitting herself up to stop him. Problem is those fragments ended up on the one place that controlled the forerunners fuck you weapons so the already crazy ai was reduced to yandere tier crazy ai with the ability to control fuck you weapons. That is the story so far.

No, nothing is 'based' about any of that underage shit. Race rules your fucking lives.

>Halo Wars 2's look gave me faith that the franchise was course correcting
This. That game was fucking great. From the very first trailers I knew where they were going.

They're not supposed to be

Attached: ae5f260b917416ffccef360b4f3bf8d7.png (1788x2313, 1.18M)

Same man, fucking same.
If I am correct spartan 2s are the tallest
>TFW no spartan 2 GF
This is fine too, imagine her locking you in a death grip while she's sleeping next to you in bed

Attached: 1504811364901.png (640x640, 812K)

>If I am correct spartan 2s are the tallest
Other than Spartan III's (because they were fucking 12) they are all around 2.10m.

I haven’t played Halo since 3. BRs only on guardian anyone *sip*

>UNSC main HQ is in Sidney
Imagine the shitposting that goes on

Sydney lad

Team BRs on Guardian
Only Satan would veto.

>If I am correct spartan 2s are the tallest
Yeah but Spartan IV's are still pretty fucking massive. Palmer is like two feet taller than Laskey.

Lmao who? Good luck trying to convince them to do that.

NEEE AHHhHjJgj REEEE I WANt elder scrolls

She'd snap in two if a breeze strong enough hits her.

Attached: .png (1200x1200, 1.8M)

Halo 3 BR upsets me due to how shitty it was especially online.

If they ever had to fuck with Chief's they should've got rid of the dirtbike helmet. EVA looks way more aesthetic.

maybe, kinda hope its the banished

Remove yourself Vien

Attached: ac6807f71352240a568d1b01bd7008a1.png (912x1107, 464K)

I think Installation 09 is "home".

fucking this

So sticking with "I don't have a counterarguement"; got it.

>most people don't want the stupid advanced movement in Halo.

No shit, but my point is that the reasons people don't want it is arbitrary, It seems to me that the only reason people are against them is just because Reach and 4 ACTUALLY made bad changes that went against the core of what Makes Halo Halo, and in reaction people are jaded and reacftionarily against any sort of new mechanics or systems regardless of how well they worrk with Halo's core design principals or not.

Again, I would be willing to bet that if the mechanics had been introduced in 2 and 3, people would like the mechhanics, or at least not be as averse to them.

I'm not even talking about sprint speffically: Notice how I keep saying "slide", "Thrust", and "hover", because those are the mechanics that actually augment/add to skilljumps and platforming. I don't really care for sprint, in fact i'd probably rather it be gone, but I also just think people's arguements against it are bullshit, as I explaijn here

>but you can't change basic player movement, as that needs a complete overhaul of the gameplay.
I don't really buy this: New weapons and changes to jump height, player speed, etc even without new mechanics require a fundamental change to map design as well, no?

> while CE had actually interesting enemy encounters throughout the game.

It doesn't, though: You fight enemies in the same rooms, hallways, and empty ourdoor spaces over and over, and there's less enemy and weapon types too, which means that you repeat the exact same sort of encounters and engage with enemies in the exact same sort of ways over and over.

In 2, not only is there more enemies and weapons, there's far more variation in the sorts of spaces you fight them in, both indoors and outdoors, and the setpieces also give further variety.

That's not really 'Chief' though. I like what they did in Reach giving it to Emile and putting the skull on it

I'm here forever, fag.

Attached: .png (1840x2130, 2.49M)

t elite

this has been the biggest gap between mainline titles

for the most part, brutes don't really seem to care due to the fact they are still fighting the elties, their are a few factions that seem to accept humans but generally its just fight whatever is in the way

Sydney is already a third world shithole I cant imagine it 500 years later

>they using the old UNSC logo
Damn thank Good.

Attached: old UNSC logo.png (1064x782, 682K)

And to add to that, the view that Halo was "lacking" or "behind" with movement options is just a fundamental misunderstanding of what made core Halo gameplay great.

gay scaly shit aside, I always thought Elites were really cool.
Would like to be able to play as them again.

>pic
Hot and all but too human.
Imagine cruising around space in a small-ish ship, and her doing sexy things but at the same time is completely oblivious to human sexuality. and then buying her custom made jean shortshorts because sangheili clothing is hard to come by.

Attached: 1492639499120.jpg (387x387, 45K)

You just have to 4shot every single time what’s so hard about that

>tfw no halo waifu game were you can customize your own fit mommy spartan gf
Can you imagine how much money 343 would make if they did this

Halo was never disliked. It unironically had great lore until 4 went full retard.

The part where my bullets get eaten by the void. Halo 3's netcode was bad.

And they're still not even close to being finished

Attached: 0033cr3h.gif (480x352, 1023K)

Brainlets dont realize that Palmer is actually based as fuck and just wants Master Chief cum all over her mutant spartan pussy.

>"Chief, I believe that I can honestly say that even though you are an honest-to-Buddha one-man death squad, and that if you were to ask nicely I'd give up my lucrative career in the Corps and start pumping out your babies just as fast as you could put them in me, there is no way I am gonna run across fifty goddamn meters of open terrain covered by three Jackal snipers that I can see just to jump into an open vehicle. Throwing myself on a goddamn grenade makes more sense than that."
-Palmer to Chief during the Battle of Mombasa.

I always pick female spartan in multiplayer which is close enough I guess

if they aren't cute then whats the point

Same, especially in Reach though.
Those hips, god dayum...

oh ok I'll trust the opinion of some degenerate fag

Gonna spend most of my time this year playing MCC on PC then going right into Halo Infinite.
Gonna be fucking lit.

Attached: uhhhh.png (648x255, 15K)

just have to think of it this way: It's bad but not nearly as bad as how they fucked gears of war

Customization where I can even remove the Spartanfu's helmet, and make her look like a Honey Select character?

Egghead.

Honestly I'm glad. If they'd made this one on a 3 year dev cycle like usual we would have gotten a straight up Halo 5 sequel in 2018 not having adapted to any of the franchise's scathing criticisms, which is exactly what Halo 5 was after 4

fellow GPU chad, I'm good until Dec 2020, right in time for Infinite

didn't have space to include this in I very clearly AM coming from a place of good faith, or else I wouldn't be bothering to explain my own perspective in depth and break down what I see as logical flaws in other people's posts. I'm a huge fucking autist, yes, but i'm not baiting for (you)s; I'm legitmately trying to get people to see the flaws in their own thinking, or to have my own thinking changed

The only somewhat self-consistent crieteria i've seen people give to justify 2's mechanics but not 5's is that 2's mechanics are contextual, wheras 5's are not; or and just blanket stating that any new movement systems are stuff 2 and 3 didn't do; but even these, are imperfect: Duel wielding and Hijacking are contextual, yes, but binoculars are not, though I concede that binonculars have a basically negligable gameplay impact. However, clamber is also contextual, so by this logic clamber would still be okay

And both for the contextual arguement and the "No new movement options" thing, this still trikes me less as an intentional part of Halo's design goals and more just 2 and 3 happening to not make those additions: Again, had 2 introduced sprint as bungie originall intended, or introduced a thruster pack; I very much doubt people would have rallied against their inclusion and argued they were "Un-Halo"

What makes Halo great is pretty subjective, don't you think?
Speaking personally, I like Halo's map design and it's verticality and the platforming emphasis, which leads to interesting sightlines and movement pathing around the maps. I also like how you are limited to 2 weapons which, in theory, forces you to have to alter ytour weapon choice or your playstyle/paths through the map to suit each other

This is why I like thrusters and hover and slide: They add new pathing options. This is also why I want more guns to be useful and to reward skill, so you aren['t just using the BR/magnum in 90% of situations

What if Palmer got really desperate and threw herself at Chief like that haha

How embarrassing it would be so degrading to her, hahahaha!

God damn that would be perfect, I'd give her long black hair.

Attached: 1437410780901.jpg (804x585, 25K)

Seems like it could be good, but I'll reserve judgment until I play it. Definitely has a "oh shit oh shit we need to go back to classic Halo" desperation to it.

Yeah they know what they're doing

I'm no longer convinced Halo is popular on Yea Forums since these threads get samefagged so hard by the same handful of mentally ill furry 343 shills.

*sip*

Attached: library.png (1920x1080, 2.05M)

>Those drums that start after the power gets shut off in the pelican

So good, goddamn.

Attached: Screenshot_1.png (648x607, 300K)

Has Master Chiefs voice always been this shit?

Halo 5 actually did a good job of adapting to the criticisms of 4.

Its just that none of the criticisms of 4 were about the campaign or the writing, which is what they shit the bed on with H5.

imagine if chief wasn't into degrading shit and demanded a date instead with dinner over the course of a few months followed by marriage with missionary for the purpose of pro creation, hahahaha

yep

The person who did sound mixing added absolutely no reverb or effects to make his voice sound natural in the context of the clip it was being played in

F

The more this person posts, the more I suspect H5's Multiplayer Project Lead lurks on Yea Forums and just seethes whenever the subject of Halo comes up.
"Halo fans don't even fucking know what they want" definitely sounds like a man who put a lot of time and energy into trying to make a good game and then getting shit on by a distrusting fanbase.

Only thing I felt was anger at the awful physics of that broken Halo still being in one piece after losing a section and not immediately ripping itself to pieces. Other than that I haven't given a shit about Halo since Reach came out.

imagine if they decided to expand upon it by adding in personality traits along with different voice types that change depending on those personality traits

Chief's voice comes out of speakers from his armor. Not a sound mixing person but I assume this might be why it sounds weird?

tfw click join and nothing happens

>a man who put a lot of time and energy into trying to make a good game and then getting shit on by a distrusting fanbase.
I'm gonna be honest. Halo 5's gameplay is rock solid and smooth as fuck. It's definately a great multiplayer experience but the point remains that it's not Halo. Their mistake was trying to redefine Halo to the point were it isn't anymore in both artstyle and gameplay. They seem to have realized this by now, though, which is good.

No it's still dry as in it sounds like they took the audio straight from the sound booth it was recorded in without adding any processing.

even still it should have sounded faded and echoed. it wasnt mixed properly

Why do studios not just take a normal good sounding voice and then make it deeper through sound editing? Why do they always have assholes attempt to speak in this cringe ass deep voice?

I mean, with the classic artstyle back and Reach level of customization (and hips) it's fairly possible Infinite will be just that.

I thought it was being held together by that blue light.

Attached: Screenshot_20190609-203119_YouTube.jpg (2220x1080, 595K)

OH SHIT!

Master Chief looks like he can crush a mother fucker.

That's Dawnes' voice. He's just smoked an entire forest worth of cigarettes.

Yeah well it sounds like shit

Yeah that's the VAs natural voice.

That looks more like the water flying off.

Sounds good to me, I wouldn't mind a non combat area like Tower in Destiny where I can her her out of armor abs on full display

>Halo 5's gameplay is rock solid and smooth as fuck
Yeah, with a fucking Armor Mod that you can only use at REQ level 5 in Warzone.

Attached: Speed Booster Exposes SAs.webm (1280x720, 2.36M)

I would like to know what possible force could be strong enough to do that damage but also be weak enough to not cause the full structural failure of the ring and let it countermeasure the broken section.

Honestly, it doesn't look that bad, but I'd never know because me and probably a ton of other ex-Halo fans jumped ship after 4 and never bought an xbone partly because of that. That said, H5 does seem to still have too much of a CoD flavor to it for my taste.

I know, that's what I'm saying. They should take a NORMAL voice and then make it deeper through editing.

Is Chief a robot?

Halo 5 doubled down on it. It went back to equal starts / no loadouts but introduced clamber, aim down the sights etc which was completely different from the formula proceeding it. Like the other user said that coupled with doubling down on the artstyle changes ended up alienating most of the fans that were left

A gay robot

Human with specific genetic markers kidnapped at 6 and trained with a class of others to become intensely skilled assassins / soldiers who were then chemically augmented at age 14

This

Attached: 1471321379132.jpg (840x540, 347K)

gib spartan musclegirl abs

Attached: gib.jpg (434x319, 38K)

I'm glad people are actually asking this question again. That's a good sign.

reminder this moment canonically happened

I honestly loved that episode. They made her look swole as fuck in armour.

Yeah the only think I liked about the trailer was the armor.

good observation

onions.. oh mean sony BTFO

They got Martin O'Donnell.
So yeah, gonna play it.

Fuck off nigger

Attached: halo_2_master_chief_by_toraiinxamikaze_d45rmf5-pre.png (702x1137, 512K)

They didn't, he's off doing his own games. The new composer is Curtis Schweitzer but as you can see, he's basically copying Marty and being very respectful to his style with the new pieces.

>no spartan gf to pick you up off your feet to tease you

Attached: pain.gif (200x200, 470K)

I had to google "bhop". I've never played Counter Strike. Well, I think I played it once, many years ago. I know very little about it.

Halo ain't an arena shooter. I can't believe you would be so stupid as to even suggest this. Arena shooters are Quake and Unreal Tournament - they are the two prototypical arena shooters. Halo is not. It is nothing like these games.

Halo has:
>An atmospheric, story-driven campaign
>Two weapon limit
>Grenades
>Melee
>Reloading
>A story and setting grounded in realistic military science fiction
>A lack of arena shooter fast-paced movement mechanics, including things like rocket jumping

Halo has far more in common with GoldenEye 007 than it does with the PC-based arena shooters. It has much more realistic weapons, like GoldenEye, instead of the zany, varied, unrealistic weapons of arena shooters. It has a much more realistic movement speed, like GoldenEye, and lacks things like rocket jumping, like GoldenEye. Halo and GoldenEye are just fundamentally more realistic styles of game. Also, there were of course both designed to be played on console, with a controller, where a high speed of play would be challenging. Arena shooters like Quake and UT were designed for a PC, where the mouse allows you to very quickly move around and shoot people.

You're a fucking idiot. Your ignorance of game history is astounding.

good post

Attached: mc halo2a.png (592x1156, 584K)

>fast + lots of guns is what makes an arena shooter an arena shooter

why do you think this

I'm glad they're ditching the armor aesthetic from 4 and 5, but I wish they brought back the armor aesthetic from Reach. Still, I'm pretty happy with what we got.

>she hugs you
>you fucking die

Yeah but the IIs still absolutely tower over the IVs.

Attached: Screenshot_20190609-205351_YouTube.jpg (1939x828, 675K)

They confirmed Reach style customisation last year and the return of the Reach AR makes me cautiously optimistic that some armor of that style might return for multiplayer

>she bangs you
>you orgasm
>your pelvis, spine, and femur explodes when she squeezes you in with her legs to get every drop

EoD, Sky tinted visor master race.

Attached: RE-Full_Armory_Customization.jpg (640x485, 73K)

That cutscene is not canon in that regard. Chief is still canonically 208cm and Palmer 205.

Sounds good to me.

This post is true
His height there was artistic license because in context the Spartan IVs were all seeing him as a living legend in their ranks at that point

Because it does. Quake and UT are the games that people mean when they say arena shooter. Halo is not what they mean. It is nothing like them. This is not worth an argument because it is so fucking obvious to EVERYBODY. The vast majority of people who have played Halo would never have even heard of the term "arena shooter", because "arena shooter" referred to Quake and UT on the PC.

Look at this guy's list of features he thinks make an arena shooter: reddit.com/r/truegaming/comments/1fn7ky/what_is_the_definition_of_arena_shooting_game/cae29s2?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

He lists things like predominantly PC with a keyboard and mouse (not Halo), constant motion (not Halo), non-recharging health (not Halo), weapons that are not meant to be realistic but are instead just meant to provide a diverse set of strategies (not Halo), there is no hiding (not Halo).

Here's an article about arena shooters: levelskip.com/first-person-shooters/What-is-an-Arena-Shooter

It mentions Quake III and UT, the prototypical arena shooters. It does not mention Halo once. Because Halo is not an arena shooter.

It's like trying to claim KOTOR is a Metroidvania. I just can't even comprehend why this claim would ever be made.

Did they just reskin the modern warfare 3 box art?

Kind of odd, just means that 4's have no augmentations

Unironically the only good part of 343 halo games

>hyped
More hyped for MCC on PC since at least it has some good games included. 343 hasn't really shown me they can make a good Halo game yet. H5 was alright, I guess.

They do. They have a ton, in fact.

Attached: IMG_2561.PNG.png (640x960, 1.06M)

halo.fandom.com/wiki/SPARTAN-IV_augmentation_procedures

Here you can see the actual list instead of the dumbed down version of the comic.

Attached: IMG_2562.PNG.png (640x960, 792K)

halo.fandom.com/wiki/SPARTAN-II_augmentation_procedures

And the Spartan II ones for comparison.

I'm wondering whether we'll be going back to spartan 4s for multiplayer since its a soft reboot

Aw fuck, Sekiro isn't on gamepass huh?

lmao cry more poltard

Attached: B209B9F6-524B-437A-B9CC-05A98B632D43.jpg (400x400, 16K)

Yeah but in halo 4 they were pretty much just shittier spartan 3's. Yeah yeah, I know, it's retconned.

That's a good question
I think we will but not much attention will be drawn to that facet of the lore

What happened to The Didact and Librarian?

I just got back from work, what have I missed today?
I didn't seen any of the Xbox conference at all, was there anything worth seeing besides Infinite?

Attached: 939d4c3dea29a20e247c4ff654688357.jpg (700x990, 640K)

Uh, new console that's already dated hardware... that's about it.

flight sim and cyberpunk

Most likely, if only because of the new armour permutations they are gonna make. What I'd like to know is if they'll make the multiplayer traning simulations again.

>I just got back from work, what have I missed today?

Halo Infinite is a reboot with a new game engine. Halo 4 will be removed from MCC.

Lego Star Warss

read the comics
t. 343

Basically this. Still looking forward to seeing more though.

>Halo 4 removed from MCC
What?

>Cyberpunk at Xbox conference
Really? That's neat, did they show off anything worth watching?

I thought there was gonna be some Borderlands 3 stuff today or something too, wasn't there?

I'd rather play as 3's because they'd talk less

>Halo 4 will be removed from MCC.
They should. It's a waste of money spending all the time it will take porting it.

Are they really? What's the go?

You know you can turn those off, right?

there was a bit of borderlands but nothing too new
same with cyberpunk but keanu reeves is in it

Not really. They didn't show shit.

>tfw long time Halo fan
>Most of Halo 2's writing and lore fleshing out was done by Joseph Staten, who alongside Eric Nylund, basically invented the entirety of Halo lore.
>Bungie lost their soul with Marty and Joe Staten.
>see the canon be destroyed and raped into a ditch by 343i
>Greg Bear's The Forerunner trilogy set up all that great lore then 343 pissed it away. The Librarian cut scene itself is a good example. Rather then just gradually introducing that information, it dumps it on the player and the explanation they give for what a Geas is is so poor it's no wonder people wrongly think John-117 is a chosen one
>Karen Traviss completely butchered her trilogy. Makes sense why Halo 4's and 5's story is so bad considering the Traviss books lead into 4 and 5. Dealing with the aftermath of the war is super fucking interesting. Unfortunately it's just a vehicle for retconning shit from halo 2-3 and setting up halo 4.
>She has super genius Dr Halsey, the Mother of the S-II program, think it would be a great idea to get into an argument with, and draw a gun on a S-III with the intent to threaten and/or possibly actually shoot the S-III.
>343i has the UNSC bounce back in less then 10 years and comes up with like 4 series of brand new galactic threats to deal with, because they need to justify conflict somehow.
>343i have been trying to replace Master Chief since Halo 4. Palmer was the first candidate and she failed, Locke was the second attempt and failed. Fireteam Osiris screamed "diversity team with an old face plastered on to force people to like them"
>Frank O'Connor or Frankie, is literally a member of Resetera and regularly posts tons of self-hating anti-white garbage. Frankie also confirms he wrote most of the story and script for Halo: Reach
>343i only cares about the esport scene
>tfw can at least take pleasure in the fact that no matter where the series goes it can't be as bad as GOT

Attached: 1445039831632.jpg (2678x1498, 1.07M)

I know all of this and absolutely agree with you as a longtime fan, just meant are they really taking Halo 4 out of the MCC?

>just meant are they really taking Halo 4 out of the MCC?

No. But they should.

Attached: e5f704c75be4b927c265a8d2909304e1156c1aebb0fba5738c7f8101b7844217_1.jpg (1080x567, 79K)

I still can't believe they admitted to purposefully hiring people who hated Halo to work on the game

Halo 5 managed to stay over 80k for a couple of years, at least.

>>Frank O'Connor or Frankie, is literally a member of Resetera and regularly posts tons of self-hating anti-white garbage.
I fucking knew it. I always knew something was off about this faggot. No wonder he's so great at breaking Halo down and so shit at building it up

The guy in the trailer was annoying, a soldier would not act like a child

How did he act like a child?

So this wasn't the main Borderlands thing this week then? When is that happening?

Got a link to the conference? Preferably with timestamps to the important shit? I like watching the whole conference and what the dudes have to say better than just seeing trailers and stuff.

I have the exact same set up

He's just another twitter self insert character "what would I do if I was locked in a pelican for months?" Devs lack any and all imagination now.

Imagine Kelly riding though
Nut in less then a second

Attached: 1529603123663.jpg (600x480, 60K)

I assure you if I was a game developer I wouldn't be wasting my time posting on Yea Forums, i'd be out enjoying my life. Halo 5 also would be a lot different if I werre in charge:

>"Halo fans don't even fucking know what they want"

This is not what I'm saying. I think the Halo fanbase is just tired after seeing Reach and 4 make bad changes to where people are defensive towards any other changes regardless of how well it works with Halo or how well executed it is; and is trying to rationalize their opinions when their opinions are just based on reactionarism, or if not, that, at least just personal preference rather then any logically consistent, objective criteria

That being said, the Halo community has ALWAYS been an utter fucking cancerous cesspool, even back in the original triology days, with people into thinking that Halo should be all about the BR and a single precision weapon dominating the weapon sandbox that balancing model goes completely against the entire purpoise of the weapon limit; and the only reason each gun in Halo isn't unique and viable with it's own unique role was because a last minute change to the pistopl's balance in CE, then bungie fuclking up again and making the BR an utterly broken over powered mess of a gun.

Again, I don't see any argument for Halo 5's gameplay "Not being halo" that wouldn't also categorically make 2 and 3 "not Halo" or at least wouldn't be super arbitrary, as per what I say in .

I'll say it again: Had 2 or 3 introduced many of the mechanics people shit on in 5, nobody would have minded. Had 5 been the first game to introduce duel wielding, people would bitch and moan about it. (Rightfully so, as 2 also contributed to Halo 2's balance issues by forcing every duel wieldable gun to be bad)

5 feels like a faster Halo 2 to me; it's not CoD-like to play at all.The """"ADS""" is also purely visual, in gameplay terms it's the same it's always been

>Windows 10 only
Not hyped in the least. I won't be getting it.

>SJW Trojans

No thank you.

These are the only three things you need to see really:
youtube.com/watch?v=qIcTM8WXFjk
youtube.com/watch?v=-ktN4bycj9s
youtube.com/watch?v=ZtgzKBrU1GY

Think before you post.

You're telling me you were convinced at all by the random diversity hire? I didn't even think it was halo until he said pelican

>discover hope
oh, so they're just ripping off reach's tagline now

>no gameplay still
fucking highlight was flight simulator and ted theodore logan

>5 feels like a faster Halo 2 to me; it's not CoD-like to play at all.The """"ADS""" is also purely visual, in gameplay terms it's the same it's always been

To add onto this; you can actually disable sprint, clamber, thrust, etc in customs, and 5 with those disables pretty much IS just a faster, more responsive Halo 2 with a less broken weapon sandbox. With those Mechanics even still on, 5 still reminds me of 2 a lot. It's different, absolutely; with the new movemewnt systems making notable changes, but in terms map design, aimfeel, how weapons feel to shoot, and the general pace of the game, it feels closer to 2 in a lot of ways then even 3 does.

I also disagree with that adding clambering "makes it like CoD". Most shooters have clamber, Halo borrowing 1 or 2 mechanics from other shooters is fine as long as it works well in the context of halo's design goals. Halo 4 was bad because the elements it borrowed from CoD work AGAINST Halo's even starts nature, and it wasn't just 1 or 2 mechanics, but was like 4-5 different ones all taken from CoD in parituclar, rather then just genre wide ones.

Advanced mobility in 5 feels nothing like the advanced mobility in titanfall or the advanced moboiility in CoD: AW; it's still very much it's own thing.

Niether of you anons are doing much to assuage my suspcisions that most people shitting on 5 haven't played it or ate just shutting on it for doing something a little different/borrowing ideas, regardlesds of how well they work with Halo's design goals or gameplay.

The Wikia/Fandom site is shit, the entire userbase has had to exodus off due to the admins forcing ads not once, but twice. Use Halopedia, which has all of the actual; long time editors staffing it.

When was W10 only confirmed?

phil literally said it was halo right before

>Plugging random stuff in
>Acting very jittery and onions
>Plugs random stuff in, Chiefs suit is fried but restores power to the Pelican
I could go on

It didn't look like halo until chief was on screen. Are you simple?

>muh hope
I have to hear faggot speeches about HOPE in every Star Wars flick and now Halo is doing it

>Meant for

So did they finally put split-screen back in?

Y'know I actually think Halo Infinite could kinda suck. Basically they are trying WAY to hard to copy Halo 2 and Halo 3, and it's fucking stupid. The armour in Infinite just looks weird. The "117" label makes no sense - he has never had that before. And the old armour charging sound makes no sense either - why the fuck would his armour suddenly start making old noises again after two games of making more modern noises?

Halo 4 and 5 were original (pic related), they dared to be their own thing, and that's what made them great. Not perfect - but then neither were the Bungie games. In fact, no game is perfect. But a game that strives to do new things will be INTERESTING to players. Players want new experiences, they get hyped for new shit. Look at Cyberpunk 2077 - the trailer for that game already has 1.6 million views, while the Infinite trailer only has 330,000 views, and they were both uploaded just after the Xbox conference.

343 should be pushing the series into the future, partly because that is what Halo has ALWAYS done (every single game added new features to stay current with the modern video game industry), and what defines it, and partly also because Halo needs to attract new players if it wants to succeed into the future. Halo CE is nearly 20 years old, most of the kids that grew up with these games (like myself) probably don't have consoles anymore. They have jobs. So if you want to keep Halo as a successful series, you need new blood. Do you think the kids playing Super Mario Odyssey played Super Mario Bros. on the NES? No. They didn't. Mario has done so well for so long because every game updates itself to be current. Same with Zelda. And other successful, long-running franchises.

343 might just have fucked up Halo by trying to capture a market from 10 years ago. That market doesn't exist anymore.

Attached: master chief.png (560x695, 465K)

Almost like preaching hope could get a president elected

They said it was Halo right before and if you had played the games you'd know that Halo is full of hispanics.

>>Acting very jittery and onions
He's been stuck on a drifting pelican for months and you expect them to not be fucking halpy when he finds the fucking master chief?

>Halo is full of hispanics

Attached: 1546717390799.gif (267x199, 573K)

>Basically they are trying WAY to hard to copy Halo 2 and Halo 3, and it's fucking stupid.

"Classic fans" wanted Halo 3 again so they're giving it to them.

Well, the online is.

>Look at Cyberpunk 2077 - the trailer for that game already has 1.6 million views, while the Infinite trailer only has 330,000 views, and they were both uploaded just after the Xbox conference.
The fact that Halo Infinite has less views, is testament to how interest in the series has fallen since 343 has taken control of the series, not that people are only disinterested in Halo Infinite as an individual game. People lost interest in the series BECAUSE of Halo 4 and 5, so they think Infinite will be the same as those.

Halo reach is because spics and slavs are always a generation behind

True but I have seen a lot in the MCC, Halo 5 and Custom Edition

I'm just saying that's why. Just like how Dota and CSGO is huge in slaville and mexico but it's dead in the US

It always has been. They love Xbox.

The dude wasn't talkign about spics that play the game, he was talkign about in-universe there's a lot of spanish people. Which is bullshit

And ODSTs are all central European

they got the armour wrong again. fucking retards. already a shitshow.

Pretty sure all the characters are white except Johnson, that ODST guy, and possibly the skullface Reach spartan who never takes off his helmet. Unless this shill is talking about the 343 games I haven't touched.

No they didn't fuckwit

Attached: halo-legends.jpg (626x351, 45K)

There's a meme going around that the UNSC is diversity friendly and wasn't just an american version of colonial marines.

looks like shit. anime is ruining halo just like it does with all things.

If you consider Australians and Mexicans to be Americans

Kat is slav and emile is Hispanic

gears of war so fucking retarded. the reboot is literally just "you thought you killed the locust but actually you didn't, hueheuheuehueh". wow, clever.

>there were some marines voiced by Australians, and one mexican chick
Okay?

Gamespot version of Halo Infinite's trailer has over 700k, it'll hit a million by tomorrow and keep going up.

look like shit mate
emiles lblack you retard. l

>he doesn’t know

Attached: B80D1D00-BA35-4558-97FA-5F68D3A6D6BA.jpg (769x1024, 58K)

it's a joke about how the most common generic marine types in the original trilogy were the aussie guy and the mexican guy

Genuinely good points and it's nice to see some people are still capable of rational thought. Although I don't 100% agree with you I personally don't mind sprinting

>emiles lblack you retard. l
Is there a difference?

The UNSC has spics like Menendez from Halo 1 and Perez from Halo 2, is not full of them though. Chips Dubbo is an aussie for example.

Well. Canada, USA and Mexico became a single country in the Halo universe.

Halo has always been anime, stop playing Reach.

>trailer full of shitty "muh family" the last of us wannabe bullshit
nah nigga that shit ain't halo

I don't trust 343i, but I'm cautiously hyped. The fact that it's on PC and the return to the old art style has me optimistic but until I see gameplay I am gonna reserve judgment

Well, there's Del Rio in 4, and in the books there's Mendez and Silva, and as mentioned there's always a generic Marine in each game but that's pretty much all I can think of.

>The fact that it's on PC
user

taking small doses of inspiration from anime doesn't make it "anime" faggots. and this is pretty obvious when you look at the disgusting shitshow that is halo legends, which went full anime.

It was confirmed for PC months ago

Attached: 1.png (514x351, 162K)

Excuse me????
Halo legends is a masterpiece

Halo CE had the best Cortana

Halo Legends was awesome. Go back.

>Halo 4 and 5 were original (pic related), they dared to be their own thing, and that's what made them great.

I'm the user who defends 5 mechanics, but fuck no, 4 and 5 are not "great"

4 has a medicore campaign and awful MP. By the standards of other shooters maybe it's a 7/10, but for Halo, it's shit.

5 has good core gameplay and good MP, but it's campaign is even worse and the lack of splitscreen negates that good MP, it's even less worse a purchase then 4 is.

>343 should be pushing the series into the future, partly because that is what Halo has ALWAYS done (every single game added new features to stay current with the modern video game industry), and what defines it,

Agreed, and I largerly think 5, unlike 4 and reach do this well

>and partly also because Halo needs to attract new players if it wants to succeed into the future
Nah, fuck this.

I don't care if modern Halo games sell well or not. In fact I prefer Halo being a more niche series without a fuckhuge audience. I don't want 343 to have to appeal to normalfags

Again, Halo 5's mechanics are mostly solid, Halo 5 could have been the greatest game in the series and it still would have gotten shit after Reach and 4, MCC's launch, and the xbone being a laughingstock.

I don't know why people keep jumping to me defending sprint when I'm primarilly defending thrust, hover, and slide. I don't even like sprint.

it's bloody embarrassing to watch m8. fuck me. i won't get into the details of why it's terrible because im stupid and can't articulate my thoughts properly, but it's just cringe worthy. so uneasy watching that shit. it was honestly the start of the power rangers, ninja spartans bullshit that halo 4 and 5 love to show off. just disgusting. absolutely abysmal. and why the fuck is arbiter a goddamn samurai. wtf m8? not good at all. not good.

> and why the fuck is arbiter a goddamn samurai. wtf m8?
lorelet

Holy shit you are a retard.

don't give me this "it says so in the lore bullshit".

1. they elites may be inspired by samurais and japanese culture, but they aren't literally samurais walking around in kiminos
2. we've already seen in halo 5 and in some of the past game terminals that ancient elite resembled real world ancient spartans
3. extended "lore" is always an inconsistent mess, poorly written by several people for the sole purpose of selling unnecessary side stories to retards like you.
as far as im concerned, if it doesnt appear in the games then i dont give a shit about it, and you should too.

If only 5 didn't have Sprint, Charge, or Ground Pound. I don't see anything wrong with ADS. Aiming your gun carefully to be more accurate makes sense even for a super soldier. Thrust helps to reduce grenade spam.

Faggot

Gameplay is more important than realism you nigger

This you fucking nigger

Yup. Halo died with Reach which I always thought was meh.

I'll see what numbers Halo 3 MCC for PC bring in before I buy. I dont trust 343 niggers for a damn thing.

>GOT
Sorry,GOT? Game of thrones?
t.brainlet

>muh arena shooter
All the other power ranger bullshit can fuck off but ADS was an actual goo addition. We should be headed more in reaches direction of Millitary aesthetic and realism

Things in culture don't change for the sake of change. We want new things because of technology that allows us to move beyond the current limitations of old things.
A modern Halo game should be Halo 3 with 96 player support (battle royale too), on PC, custom browser, open world 100 hour quality campaign. In fact, if Halo was meant to be bar pushing like you wanted it to be, it would have done all that in 2012 or rather instead of 2012.
You don't change the identity of a flexible thing to adapt, you use its already existing flexibility to adapt. This is like cutting a rubber band and taping it together into a mobius loop because there was too much slack when it went around two wheels.

literally what vehicles are for
sprint and armor abilities can flock off

>A modern Halo game should be Halo 3 with 96 player support (battle royale too), on PC, custom browser, open world 100 hour quality campaign
god these all sound awful

should have used the Mk. V if they wanted to go full reboot.
plus it's the most kino looking suit of all

Attached: 2817467-gallery.jpg (2304x1296, 1.71M)

i can't fathom living in a world where not only do people unironically think like this, but they are also the people that 343 listen to

it looks like shit in your pic. only looks good with old school graphix

>old bad
>new good

Attached: 1554572101981.jpg (1838x2048, 157K)

the helmet in Halo 3 looked great so it could be modernized to look good

i meant these sound awful
> Halo 3 with 96 player support (battle royale too), open world 100 hour quality campaign

PC and custom browser are alright though.

also fuck you dude, your opinion is trash. bigger isnt always better.

He wrote okay songs and then murdered them with repetitive bullshit.

halo didn't evolve by changing it's core identity. it DID become better by bigger. the gameplay is designed for big environments and big setpieces
battle royale is no different than firefight. its just a mode
I have wanted 100 player halo like 50v50 invasion for fucking ever.
An open world halo would be cool as hell. I don't mean shitty open world. I mean like real ESO WoW type open world.

>make perfectly good, fun build of the game that's true to the series' roots
>scrap it for no goddamn reason

I fucking hate this goddamn studio so much

MOTHERFUCKER I WANTED ANSWERS NOT A HANDFUL MORE QUESTIONS

Attached: 1559873018494.jpg (361x311, 8K)

Halo 4 and 5 fucked up this franchise so bad. In another timeline, a trailer like this would have been hype. But now, the best I can manage is a cautious interest. Knowing 343 they will probably fuck it up.

you'll have to buy the game for that goy

Halo should've ended after 3, prove me wrong.

could be using spinning magnetic gasses to support the structures mass, similar to orbital rings

It would've been cool if we got to see the aftermath of the hole human-covenant war, and killing innies and things like that

If you hate anime wtf are you Yea Forums for?

Why the fuck does he have a UNSC plate on his belly?

war trophy m8

Hi Frank! Your CGI trailer fucking sucked.

Meh. Martin wasn't the only one responsible for the good music. Michael Salvatori was also there, and he stayed with Bungie.

youtube.com/watch?v=2aV-ej4gwJU

God the OG Halo 2/Halo 3 armor looks fucking gorgeous. I'm glad it's back. Fuck that abomination that 343 made to try and make it look 'different'.

Attached: 2346311-master+chief+halo+3.jpg (1902x1032, 230K)

bro, she's been long dead.

>simple
you're the one who fucking forgot that the video tee'd up moments before was Halo

where else am i supposed to find anime fags to insult?

Unlike Gears of War, Halo could still move the plot forward. There were tons of shit still unexplored. Doesn't mean they did well in their attempt, though.

This

aaaayyyyyyyyy

If that happens it's basically gg for the entire galaxy

edges are too sharp. I would have rounded it off some.

Attached: CxEsm2.jpg (1920x1080, 482K)

This sexy ass mother fucker.

Except this is MJOLNIR GEN3, not GEN2 or GEN1. Fuck off with your retard SkyNet theory.

All the stupid shit from Halo 5 better be gone. Sprint, thrust, clamber, ground pound, ADS should all be removed

Attached: 9830dc40a054a21fefa2c18edd7f1f30.png (1456x1093, 920K)

>not a dyson sphere
343 has totally lost it

So is this actually right after 3?

Attached: 1529444201793.jpg (400x400, 23K)

It would have been better than this shitshow we've had for ten years. I would have preferred they give the game series to a competent studio. Maybe ID Software.

343 is such a dumpster fire.

Solid theory, but nothing else

Also on PC
RIP Xbox

The excuse for going back to the old artstyle is because the UNSC has essentially lost all colonies and are fighting a guerilla war and are scavenging whatever they can find. They lose the Infinity and are forced to use a half finished ship that is the same class as the Infinity as well.

Attached: 1559773158133.jpg (1015x1250, 122K)

You don't have the right to call anybody fag, mate

That would make for a pretty epic next few games. I could see it happening desu.

This shit is not cannon
Not only I refuse to believe it in a personnal level, but games lore outweights (bad) books lore.

Ay chief I'm just another nameless marine character that's meant to have hope inspired in because of the mere presensce of the chief to build him up mane, because lord knows he needs to be built up again after four and five.

Attached: IMG_20190609_203041.jpg (530x528, 41K)

ADS was good

I like this character more in the three minutes of knowing him in the trailer than Locke in all of Halo 5.

Chief having a harem is canon though
>Kelly
>linda
>palmer
>Cortana

Blessed image

Doesn't take much to be better than Locke