youtube.com/watch?v=JsMZXl15FRU
youtube.com/watch?v=kcT5riwIYno
youtube.com/watch?v=ltVgvd-Me6A
youtube.com/watch?v=LlOddgiCObA
youtube.com/user/nbgi/videos
twitter.com/tales_ch
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Who is he? Why does he wear the mask?

Attached: Dodge roll.webm (1280x720, 1.35M)

how about waiting to learn about the story you fucking fag

Attached: Lailah 2.0.jpg (1280x720, 172K)

Attached: overworld.jpg (1920x1080, 301K)

y tales use the same enemies over and over

I had more fun with Xenoblade 2 than any Tales game

Perhaps I'm wondering why someone would preorder a game, before learning the name of its protagonist.

DEMON FANG
DEMON FANG
HYPER DEMON FANG
DEMON FANG
DEMON FANG

Here comes the xenotoddler cope

Your tablet game cannot even compete with last-gen tales let alone ARISE kino

Attached: 1498250866886.jpg (3819x1080, 350K)

redpill me on the tales series
i didn't hate what i saw but i know nothing about this shit

>Xenofags are in a state of panic right now
>Monolith is thriving and making great games
>state of panic
When was the last time Tales got a good game? Xillia? Vesperia?

Tales is shit as a series and this is coming from someone who loves Symphonia

Tales of introduce a new world with a new cast of characters

Attached: 1560120073839.png (636x547, 83K)

>cannot even compete with last-gen tales
Oh right, "great" games like fucking Zesteria and Berseria.

GOTTA GO FAST

Get better bait retard

NO

Attached: file.png (745x528, 494K)

It's generic paint-by-numbers animu that used to be good at combat, but has become hit-or-miss in the last decade.
There's nothing deep or meaningful about it. What you see is almost exactly what you get, and anything you glean from it is personal at best, e.g. I have a softness for stories about brothers, so Xillia 2 hit me pretty hard, also it was the last time a Tales game had all around great core combat mechanics despite the awkward leveling system.
Never
EVER
Buy these fucking things for full price. You have to spend money to make money, and Bamco is the Archduke of Kikery and will sell you and your dog to make a dime only to spend a penny to produce their shitty, inconsistent games, and then sell you bits and pieces of said game back to you for a nickel here and a nickel there.

Who is the cute blonde girl on the right? Is she from Xenoblade 2?

>he thinks that Xenofags are quaking in their boots after what happened with Zestiria and Berseria
OH NO NO NO NO NO

alright thanks user
ill pirate one sometime to try it out i guess

That's Teresa from Tales of Berseria

>Our tale begins with two people, born on different worlds
HAVEN'T SEEN THAT ONE BEFORE

Shituniablade 2 got dabbed on so fucking hard.

Attached: 1559761535975.png (398x496, 283K)

The protagonist and heroine both seem like they have really serious personalities. I feel like a dynamic like that is a first for Tales.

bruh tales is not good

>anime characters over photorealistic backgrounds
looks crusty as fuck

Someone post the xc2 combat webm. That one.

It's so weird seeing this game in action after seeing the games stuck on the Xillia games engine. I don't believe it will look like this at the end without a cost.

>ufotuble animation
Bros this is gonna be good.

Attached: Tales of Arise E3 2019 Trailer.webm (1280x720, 2.25M)

Looks good visually, will probably be the best looking tales game. Bamco really trying to push the series into A category from triple C. However from the trailer alone I can say the story will be terrible as it always has been past symphonia era.

I CLAPPED WHEN HE DID THE UTENA THING!!!!
I KNOW WHAT THAT IS!!!!

Xenocucks are on suicide watch as we speak

>mfw RISE UP
Based Bamco taking back the JRPG throne

Attached: RUXXjHX.png (256x288, 47K)

>Same shitty dull colour palette as Zestishit and Berseshit

INTO THE TRASH IT GOES

XENOBLADE 2 IS SO MUCH BETTER

youtube.com/watch?v=IReFamf8wUk&t=277

This game is coming for switch too right bros..?

Attached: sad-smile-2.jpg (1920x1080, 114K)

e3 is still going?

Xenoblade 2 got killed put Kinosona 5 cope faggot

Attached: tales_of_arise_trailer_e3_2019_0IaaDraScIY_1080p.webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

>being this new

DEMON FANG
DEMON FANG
Damn, I must be a genius
DOUBLE DEMON FANG

Maybe dumb question. Have anime studios like ufotable done notable video games before? Or do those types of studios usually do shows only?

Better luck next time Switchlet, at least you always have Waifublade 2

We'll be over here RISING UP with the king of JRPG

Attached: 1557443662467.png (1280x720, 981K)

Wolves hunt in packs

This fucking disgusting xenofags who always bring up P5, you’re about to get killed again by a tales games LMAO

I imagine this'll get a heavy dose of downgradegate.
I mean it looks great, and by that I mean the environments look great. They obviously spent a good deal designing the assets they'll use until 2030, and the lighting is fantastic. I'd say it looks about what it should look like, given how Xillia looked on the PS3.
You know what doesn't look right?
Those fucking character models.
Goddamn. Completely takes me out of it, nevermind their generic designs.
>Blue/Red color scheme
>Diet Nier
Just shoot me already
>That'll be $59.99/$69.99CAD + main story DLC + DLC summons + costumes & titles + KATZ KOINZ + tip

Why would I panic over having fun looking JRPG to look forward to

RIP couch co-op. But it's probably worth it.

>sidehop replaced by braindead roll
OH NO NO NO NO NO NO

Post yfw classic Tales is finally dead forever

Attached: 1366861160528.gif (342x342, 404K)

>Dogma 2 never ever

Attached: 1541639286437.jpg (600x675, 239K)

>Still trying to stir up franchise wars
Shut the fuck up. Huge Xenoblade fan and I'm looking forward to this.

Attached: 1452653407072.jpg (534x532, 41K)

Nice Valkyria Azure Revolution trailer. Hopefully the game will at least get Mitsuda... no?

Attached: Valkyria-Azure-Revolution[1].jpg (1600x900, 429K)

The combat actually looks fun unlike Zestiria and Berseria.

>tfw playes phantasia, symphonia and abyss couch coop with friends
it's not fair bros

soul
youtube.com/watch?v=Z5y-2dVLpOI
soulless
youtube.com/watch?v=0IaaDraScIY

more like TALES OF ARSE

If you took it off, would he die?

Attached: arise-003.jpg (1280x720, 153K)

Aren't they still making mobile games with Symphonia gameplay?

I keep forgetting I have Berseria purchased and in my backlog.

Attached: 1536389413076 2.png (680x721, 751K)

YAMERO

Irritates me too being a fan of both.

>Roll

TRULY THE DARK SOULS OF TALES

it would be extremely painful

>using reveal trailer footage instead of the final one
oh it's (you) alright, I understand now the pointless consolewarmongering and the P5shilling. Fuck off our comfy Tales threads.

Ghibli is the only other notable studio I can think of that did ni no kuni. Usually the animation in jrpgs is from studios like production i.g.

It would be extremely painful.

>girl gives you are fire sword
Atleast try to be different

Attached: 1545559367899.jpg (1200x675, 128K)

>First P5fags
>Now Talesfags
What is it about Xenoblade 2 that makes fans of other JRPGs get so worked up about it?

Attached: IJustDon'tUnderstandIt.png (483x246, 19K)

Why am I not allowed to like multiple types of games OP?

It looked decent and interesting for a change which could be considered "kino" by Tales of standards

Let's hope it is fun
Berseria fucking bored me

I lost interest when his mask got smashed. Would have been better if he was faceless the entire game.

Eternia was the last good one.

Attached: 1551422027257.png (492x503, 439K)

because retards keep buying

>Zestiria rehash
>not a massive redflag

Don't care i have a switch and a PC so this doesn't matter to me.

It's not JRPG fans, it's console war faggots.

Why be different when you can be better?

We said the same once they teased Zestiria, which was a fucking desaster in the end.

They still cling onto that open world dream, which will never work with Tales

Screenshot this, the environments will be barren as fuck, devoid of anything going on (which is why it was fine to have them as a miniature overworld like in big boy Tales like Abyss and Vesperia) and the combat will be some new System which is not fleshed out to its fullest and suck fucking balls.

they should've known by Xillia 2 that nobody fucking cares about their backgrounds as long as the fights are fun. Instead they made Zestiria.
They will never learn.

Also why is this shit for XBOX, did the contract with Sony run out or something?
Doesn't matter because if anything I'll wait for the PC Port anyways, fuck buying something new every 3-4 years when your PC handles everything you throw at it at comfy 60 FPS

Attached: 1433584445654.png (800x784, 213K)

because it has the same generic shit as those franchises have an even ridiculously anime sexy slutty outfits for it's female cast yet it made more money, got more recognition and more fans than they have in decades, there are more people who know Rex and Shulk over several of their characters and it infuriates them

Look like garbage. This isn't my tales of this is god eater trash.

The fire emblem awakening of the franchise is here and a new cancerous trash fanbase will be born.

well that means my girl will forever stand at the top, so I'm kinda fine with that.
Now excuse me while I'll grind that EX Dungeon which I've had in the backlog for over 8 years now

Attached: 1547905222899.png (1920x1080, 1.37M)

>the Tales series has real-time combat
Huh, I thought they were turn-based. Where do I start with these?

Good. Berseria a shit, your faulty brain is doing you a favor

ufotable does God Eater

WE GUILTY CROWN

This is the actual answer.

I seriously hope you at least tried playing someone else instead of spamming Velvet

I know she's hot and everyone's favorite in case you didn't catch the gay and all, but if you want challenge, spam anyone else.

Attached: 2bdcd45311a9c449a4eca03e0fdaa038.jpg (528x781, 304K)

What's your favourite Tales game? I've never played one before.

Ufotable isn't new to Tales either. Anime cutscenes are often outsourced.

Attached: tales of ufotable.png (1715x688, 75K)

Symphonia, Abyss, or Vesperia.

Tales of the Abyss followed by Tales of Eternia for hipster points

>It wont be related to Berseria or Zesteria gu-

Attached: Mark of the sheppard.png (1243x573, 1.1M)

Meant for

>overhyping Arise when the last good game in the series was vesperia

I did
Eleanor was my favorite
Really enjoyed punching shit with Eizen
Magilou was nice
Didn't care for Laphicet
Never touched Rokuro outside of using his counter on that one monster that reflected everything

Vesperia. It just came out on every modern platform so it's a pretty good place to start.

why do you keep mentioning xenoblade

Attached: 1532470774789.jpg (600x512, 62K)

>used to be good at combat, but has become hit-or-miss in the last decade.
Only relevant thing you said
It's a JRPG so the story being dumb anime nonsense is automatically assumed

Talesfags, I saw the trailer and thought it looked great. Where do I start with this franchise if I only have PC? I own tales of symphonia on steam already but haven't played it. What is worth playing? All help appreciated

Attached: IMG_20190507_233410.jpg (1080x1080, 114K)

? It was literally one of the first to introduce action based combat to JRPGs, how new are you?

Attached: DHAOSU.jpg (193x173, 9K)

Oh boy.

Attached: 1231271538153.jpg (377x489, 61K)

Do you mean the openings? Trigger did a mobile game, I'm pretty sure most of them do the openings for shows based on properties that they also did the anime for (J.C. doing the Index/Virtual-On crossover, for example).

Y dragon quest use the same enemies over and over and Yea Forums doesn't care?

why the fuck is nobody complaining that they diverted from their usual formula of calling their names xx-ia (ignore 'the abyss')?

the fuck is this shit going to try?

Attached: 8355126b3edb1ed21224100074f3dfea.jpg (497x600, 243K)

World:Radiant Mythology 1. It's not a good introduction to the series in general, since it's a game that has all the heroes from a large number of the tales games you can slam into your party, but once you've played some of those early games, up through symphonia, it's great.

Based

I have a screencap ready of all the deniers for when it's officially revealed

Attached: Sorey based.jpg (3840x2160, 1.26M)

Innocence R and Graces f

>yet it made more money, got more recognition and more fans than they have in decades
Not P5. P5 is +2M worldwide. XC2 is 1.7M worldwide.

I'm not really into JRPGs, I just assumed it was turn-based because they tend to be.

Retard

I don't see it

Attached: ss_e73436945dc0ad12b8f6e59a36d31091b87d31d1.1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 664K)

Because DQ is somehow criticism immune despite being the same generic garbage for its entire lifespan.
Literally only liked by Japanese boomers.

>xenotrash invented sword girls
zoom zoom

I'm sorry, bud.

>complaining
why would they complain? And they're obviously trying some new stuff if the code vein combat wasn't obvious enough to you. maybe the ia titles will be reserved for more traditional styled games.

Not sorey's mark, the crest in the ruins.

get Vesperia Definitive, the port is just like the JP original with HD and plays real nice, and Vesperia is kind of the one nobody hates because it's full of soul and subverting tropes.
If you like fast paced combat, Xillia 1-2 might be for you as well, and I think they're available on PC, right?

Avoid Zestiria like the plague, it plays like a sub-par MMO with empty-ass "open worlds" and the dungeons are corridors. Berseria is polarizing, something for the fans.

If you don't mind emulating, try Abyss.
Best Series introduction might be Symphonia after all, since it lays heavy focus on the elemental spirits which play a role in almost every Tales of since (especially Xillia).

Attached: 1547933106029.png (390x310, 205K)

Fear and jealousy leads to overcompensation.

kys

It is not related

Desolation != Dahna

Do you have a pic? I don't remember what it looked like at all.

Nobody in the West cares about DQ period.

But how smelly is this new girl?

Attached: Smelly Rita.jpg (693x900, 49K)

Literally just a couple samefags trying to ignite franchise wars

>really liked Xenoblade 2
>really liked Persona 5
>really liked Berseria and Vesperia
>super pumped for Arise
I'm only winning in this race, get fucked.

Attached: 1554233240695.png (1280x720, 1.33M)

so there WAS a way around it?
back when I tried killing it the first time people told me its required to set difficulty to easy since that ignores weaknesses entirely. On easy the thing also has 765xxx HP or something (so Na-Mu-Ko) so I assumed it was installed there as a troll

if it still bored you, I'm happy to be slow enough to still enjoy it even if I see the flaws.

Attached: 734ec5d4a3f52547cf1c3175579e0aef.png (1463x1033, 1.75M)

Thanks for the help, should I also play symphonia since I already own it?

This is probably a Zesteria prequel guys. Not only does the girl LOOK like Lailah, shes a fire seraph, and we know for a fact Lailah had adventures with the previous hero before Sorey that she was spotty on.

Attached: 1379213635609.jpg (720x540, 40K)

You probably shouldn't. Trailer did set standards very high from what you can expect in series, while actually not showing what Tales is about.

Same bro with YS VIII mixed in as well. Been a pretty great couple of years.

Attached: 1547934589408.png (2500x2245, 3.81M)

So this a prequel to Berseria

You should play Symphonia first and foremost. Vesperia will spoil you rotten with upgraded perfect mechanics, that you'll look back on symphonia and hate it for not coddling you.

I fucking saw it and it made me lose all hope entirely.
how the fuck can they STILL cling to that bullshit boring ass saga nobody gave a flying fuck about

Zestiria was such a fucking trainwreck thinking about it. The combat was scripted-level of boring, the environment was empty, the endgoal was revealed at the past, the characters fucking boring (except Edna and the maybe Zaveid) and the dungeons MMO like fuckfests of snore.

Attached: 1420334517044.png (247x248, 66K)

mean to

Dropped all of them because I played them all at the same time, which one should I play first Yea Forums?

Attached: file.png (250x76, 5K)

The combat looks generic.

>Literally Inferia and celestia

???
But I will play this game on PC. The fuck are you talking about, OP?

Nope no Zestiria or Berseria get gassed cucks they will never ever return to that shitty world.

Guys what if the other world is xillia world

But I like bitchy female protagonists.

Attached: 1467058224776 2.gif (500x281, 996K)

Ok Ty. Arise looks beautiful. Hope it's good

We saw
>dodge
>3 moves
what the fuck do we even know at this point?

Symphonia because it was my first one

Nah, it's just means, we get OP from them, just like always. Nothing unusual

You can start anywhere that isn't a direct sequel (you can tell if it has either a 2 or a subtitle).

On PC, you can start with any of the ones on Steam and they're all solid starting points except Zestiria. Play Berseria first if you want the newest, Vesperia if you want the best, and Symphonia if you want to play in order (you don't have to, the stories of each of those three is seperate and unrelated).

That in takes place on the same world map and that you can roll.

>shitting on zestiria but praising berseria
Why do retards do this? You clowns need to stop trying to fit in with normalfags, berseria is utter trash and no better than zestiria.

We all know spam dodge is the best move (it always is) so thats pretty much 99% of the gameplay revealed.

>Zesteria 3.0
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: 388.gif (743x854, 69K)

so is this part three for Zestiria/Berseria or did they abandon their delusions of a trilogy?

Actually Zestseria has one of the best worlds in the genre. You're introduced to the era of greek gods, through arrival of humanity, first shepherds (Siegfried was first Shepherd), civilizations rise and falls. It's kino and deserved a third entry.

If you dont like it go to play some switch trash like Neptunia Blade 2

Attached: heldalf.png (329x597, 257K)

The OST worries me. It's clearly not Motoi or Go Shinna.

Kinda agree here.
If you can, play Symphonia first for a great intro into the series with kinda slow battles which have limitations, the story will make up for it since the characters are easy to care for, the conflict is high-stakes and there's lots of twisting to keep it interesting, also the cell shading was THE best approach to anime art style proven by Symphonia and Vesperia.
Symphonia might be simple, but full of soul.

Vesperia feels like the whole staff had shitloads of fun, there's so many hidden things to discover, the party banter is the best so far and it's the only tales which manages to weave a "save the fucking world" story out of "oh fuck our well is broken, let's look for a spare part"

this.

People thought Seres from Berseria was Lailah when in reality she had nothing to do with her even though they both wear the same type of garments and use paper and fire to fight. Bamco just love reusing designs they like and they literally said themselves that they modelled Velvet after Milla because she was a popular character.

>mobile games
Dead forever

Fuck yeah. I'm hyped for this as well as Ys IX in September.

NEW BLOOD

Zesterias world building and story are good.
Literally everything else though isn't.

>It's clearly not Motoi
That's a good thing
>Go Shinna.
He left bamco but we can still get a few tracks from him, maybe.

Looks generic as fuck. Give me a femc and yuri.

so do tales fans actually hate xenoblade is this just some false-flagging console war bs?

What for real? , sounds like it might suck

Symphonia, Phantasia and Rebirth

Eternia was my first and it's one of the worst in my book.

>They
*He
Baba is the only one who said, and is responsible for that awful decision.

> free move dodge rolls
>complete free movement
>that camera
I wonder if they're dropping multiplayer.

>"something for the fans"
>"praise"

If you call me a retard for having played Zestiria in general, fair enough.
Berseria is not totally shit, it does have obvious flaws but fuck mate, it's still a decent tales.

The only thing that was really fucking good in Zestiria was the opening, that shit had me SO hype only to end in such a fucking burning pile of radioactive dooky
youtu.be/ViQbt0vxn1A?t=6

Attached: b666c4d5410699c2f51ffddecb612c31.jpg (874x1240, 288K)

>yurifag saying anything is generic

>Thats a good thing
Bitch.
youtube.com/watch?v=JsMZXl15FRU

Attached: 1516412407178.jpg (960x636, 182K)

It's the latter

It's shitposting. Not sure how much of it is consolewar bs but that's probably some of it. I play and love both.

Will it have a cool name the character constantly yells like
>sushi roll!

This. We need Tales of Atelier.

Rarely have I seen so much wrong in a single post

I've never played one of these games but I like the look of the environments from the trailer, what are they like?
how weeby are they?

It's an open world meme tales what do you think.
Tales was never supposed to be open world, it was supposed to be linear corridors with fixed cameras, that's what gave it charm. This will be the same garbage.

>one track out of thousands of garbage that all sound the same
There are several tracks from him in tales of games I love but most of them are just trash.

Xenoblade 2 is gacha garbage with ps2 graphics but uppity xenofags trying to put it on the level of king of JRPG

Attached: 1498251412859.jpg (3797x1080, 411K)

Berseria had those and still had multiplayer.

Falseflag. I can guarantee you 90% love both series unironically.

Online only

>Xenoblade 2 has already been out 2 years, everyone has had their fun and moved on
>Xenochads are supposed to be scared of a mediocre franchise that's using typical Unreal 4 assets finally so it doesn't look embarrassing

OH NO NO NO NO

The multiplayer camera is fucking garbage. Just do Graces f or Xillia style multiplayer camera.

Xenoblade games have generally had better world design and stories than Tales games
But Arise looks WAY better than Berseria

>how weeby are they?
Average I guess. Can you give examples of JRPGs with "weeby" levels you can and cannot tolerate?

Why they drop the fucking awesome cellshading then?

berseria did not have dodge rolls like that and the camera is different from berseria's single player camera.

You can have the modern era but nothing a tales game could do about Xenogears.

I get the feeling its a love story, I hope it is.

>franchise wars
Crikey.

Attached: 1549452931588.png (560x642, 361K)

out of those?
how instant do you want your YEEHAW moments?

not so urgent: Symphonia -> Vesperia -> Berseria
urgent: Vesperia and see how you like it
not at all: Zestiria, then forget the franchise and get shit on in Tales threads

Hopefully there's plenty of baby making.

>Online multiplayer up to 4 people

>everyone just spams Demon Fang

Attached: 1555904002777.gif (659x576, 137K)

Okay, cool gameplay and non shitty chibi world, but where are the cute boys?

Attached: 1445940040213.webm (800x450, 2.65M)

>Trying to start franchise wars between two niche game series

Attached: 1546756139881.png (360x263, 195K)

The Seres-Lailah resemblance was at least on purpose since Velvet in crossovers has said that Lailah reminds her of her sister.

I feel like its a catch 22.
Because all the games in the series are different in big ways no matter what your going to start being biased for the next game. If you start with Symphonia you're going to begrudge the rest of the series for not having puzzle dungeons, if you start with Vesperia you're going to hate everyone for being not Yuri, if you start with Graces youre going to blah blah blah.
Honestly instead of trying to pin Tales of into a single universal starting point, someone should just bring up a list of all the pros and cons of each and why they might or might not be the best entry point.

I picked berseria back up to finish some postgame stuff and everyone else in the party is getting one shot in heavenly steppes so nah

It's the same sonyfag shitposting constantly in XC threads with his Japanese humor shit, trying to instigate console wars using P5 as a vector. Just warning you to ignore him as much as you can, otherwise you'll never get rid of him.

oh that just meant the cutscenes and opening. i thought this was meaning some ni no kuni shit

lol I still can't believe they made the mc gay with the twink and the 2 females that caused a shitstorm gay also at the end of the anime
What a damn disaster

Thats not true at all. I started with symph back in 2005, and I love all the entries except tempest and have played each mainline title barring Zest/bers at least 5 times over. 42 for Symphonia, and 19 for Phantasia.

Attached: ^4D3D17FEF73D6979A636CD6D539461325826DA9B53207405CF^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg (640x480, 108K)

berseria or vesperia

yes please

I cannot fathom in words the amounts of drugs you must be on to miss the amount of NOTHING in these worlds Zestiria has for you.

did you enjoy that huge ass middle section of nothingness which takes you about 10 mins to cross without combat?
Or rather, name 2-3 dungeons for me if they were all nice and memorable.

Attached: 1463108132074.jpg (853x1280, 161K)

IIRC they actually did want to use Lailah in Berseria but the death of her original VA made them scrap it.

story?

"you are the chosen, pls kill bad guy"
"ok"

that's all of it summed up. I WISH I was kidding.

Attached: 6d0f07b1d706d7166ec5d2db0c6bc686.jpg (550x770, 117K)

They're not gay, you dumb faggot.

Combat looks too good to be true

Eh. Not him, but the dungeons in Zestiria actually were memorable thanks to their music. Can't say the I remembered much about the dungeons designs, nor their music, in Vesperia.

Are we actually going to have some effort put into the dungeons this time or are they going to be different colored hallways?

He's talking about lore, you're talking about level design

as a talesfag who saw someone play Xenoblade, it didn't really appeal to me combat-wise.
I can't judge the story, but I bet the characters are decently likeable. I have a knack for huge ass enemies since Ys XIII as well.

Also there's decent porn of that red chick with the huge tits. I really like that.
I am simple minded and I love every moment of it.

Attached: 1548589167087.png (350x383, 83K)

Not him, but the temple dungeons were really good with killer music.
youtube.com/watch?v=kcT5riwIYno

Exactly. It';s a return to non-convoluted good Vs evil tales like Dhaos. Zesteria was them trying to go back to their roots and I appreciated them for that after the sheer amount of T E C H N O L O G Y and Time shenanigans Xillia 2 pulled out the ass.

>from the people who did God Eater
No wonder it looked familiar

False flag.

We Guilty Crown now?

>Tales of Destiny
>Tales of Rebirth
>Tales of Hearts
>Tales of Innocence
>Tales of Tempest
>Tales of Graces
There's a lot more than just Abyss that didn't have -ia at the end user.

Attached: cf5cdc6dc1a2753636f0bc971eef56d5.png (112x111, 30K)

Its literally just "both have unreal engine and are animu".

So this follows Zestiria?

Actually tales has been shoujo inspired so it's more likely utena reference

Attached: Utena.webm (800x450, 2.84M)

> it was supposed to be linear corridors with fixed cameras

to all you guys out there puking at the thought of it, this guy knows what's fucking up.

it makes exploring more fun, the shots always look good, there's no wrestling with the camera because it's always where you need it, and the focus is on the combat anyways.

Attached: 1547761018097.png (318x356, 179K)

xenoblade engine is homegrown

youtube.com/watch?v=ltVgvd-Me6A

Official one is up: youtube.com/watch?v=LlOddgiCObA

Attached: p14946048_b_v8_aa.jpg (2048x2048, 189K)

More lore through voiceover on the official trailer:

youtube.com/watch?v=LlOddgiCObA

Retard?

>dub

Attached: f5753870a40ccef114a6cb88e7f48531.jpg (680x680, 85K)

>dub
Useless faggots.

Wait... is this still gonna be a party-based RPG? This is almost making me wonder if it will be solo combat.

someone didn't play the epilogue

So are they going the predictable route where these two fall in love?

Gaius and Muzet for cameo battle when

Attached: X9a5iPN.png (1024x576, 912K)

Well fuck, I saw quite a few posts making that connection, guess even thats wrong.
Then all they have in common
>both are animu games
and neo-Yea Forums doesnt even know any other anime games besides xenoblade.

Sad!

This look so fucking generic.

Just look up the Japanese trailer then.

You DO understand Japanese, right?

I got this game for like $10. It was as bad as everyone said.

Post yfw Baba's career crashed and burned

Attached: [laughs eternally].jpg (1920x1200, 844K)

Now, now. I'm sure it will have dual audio.

What's the point of anime characters in a realistic world. I never get this.

>dub
why do anglos do this?

Attached: 1541784701104.png (706x719, 406K)

>vesperia
>upgraded perfect mechanics
Do vesperiafags actually believe this? That game has tons of issues
>combat is incredibly simplistic until it starts to open up a little ~30 hours in
>skills to make combat more fun cost so much you can't even use them when you get them
>story heavily railroads yet expects you to have next level foresight if you want to do half the side quests since so many require backtracking to irrelevant towns at certain moments or they disappear.
>shittier dungeons than symphonia
People wank this game way too hard.

Seething Xenotoddler

Attached: 1560116981153.png (603x721, 496K)

No wonder it look like garbage. Tales of soulless.

there's plenty of other good MCs in Tales (Luke is decent, Lloyd is okay, Ludger is weird but still charming etc.)
and after one or two of them you start to play as other party members anyways, so no need to focus on Yuri.
I don't even have him in my party in Vesperia since he has a nasty dick and I am very very certain in my sexuality.

Attached: QQ_Selezneva_(ToLink).png (500x660, 326K)

youtube.com/user/nbgi/videos

No Japanese trailer yet, Scamco asleep at the wheel

Nah probably they will go the usual route and have MC be gay for the second male character and female lead is absolutely useless meat.

nu/v/era refugees likes english dubs, didn't you know this? But as it is now, we only have this one trailer up I think.

It's not XSEED after all

>It was literally one of the first to introduce action based combat to JRPGs
Kindly remove yourself from this board.

>and classic "Tales of" gameplay
lol

I'd love to say git gud but since I never even touched the meagre post-game Berseria has, I am no one to judge.

Attached: 1548585180428.png (500x663, 123K)

Interesting how the live one was non-narrated. Either way I'm hyped as shit. I love Tales of. Hopefully more info is announced during Talesfest or something.

Nah the clip where the girl shoots the gun has a bit of party combat.

Attached: toagg.png (1920x1080, 2.31M)

You mean literally Symphonia

Hope so. I enjoyed Asbel and Cheria hooking up together as well as Stahn and Rutee. I think canon couples that become a family and have kids goes well with the tales writing.

I'm surprised at how smooth it looks, tales usually has some stiffness to the movement.

I just want my Tales game to feel like a Tales game.

twitter.com/tales_ch

Japanese trailer still has shitty English voice

Calling it that masked protagonist is the one from Rena, not the magical girl.

This game is confirmed kino, look at this fucking art, Shituniablade 2 fags are in shambles because they know the king of JRPG is back

Attached: 1560124605720.jpg (2461x4096, 1.94M)

look at him guys, he plays Tales for the music
It was decent in Zestiria, one of the few things which was.

3 music fags defend Zestiria. Curious.

MUSIC IS NOT WHAT I COME FOR IN A TALES GAME FUCK

I WANT MY FIGHTAN AND COOL HI-OUGIS

Attached: 1420369813876.jpg (1280x1842, 306K)

Ah ok good

Well jury's out on if the game will be good, but it sure as fuck looks a generation ahead of berseria

I just hope we get Go Shiina for the OST instead of Sakuraba phoning it in again

You tales faggots can fuck off. This is literally Zestiria all over again. Even without baba this is going to be some massive fuck up. Zestiria also had a grandiose promise in the first trailer, but the full game turned out to b the same rewashed crap with anime characters and a bland plot about saving the world. I'm not falling for this shit again. Berseria tried to push an edgy twist, but was the same stale crap.

have a higher quality webum

Attached: ltVgvd-Me6A_1080p.webm (1280x720, 2.97M)

Oh wow.
I happen to forget about those before Symphonia a lot because I am a troglodyte

Attached: 1520607532563.png (188x264, 77K)

Music is 50% of why you should come in a jRPG though.

>Shituniablade
wat

Attached: ltVgvd-Me6A_1080p2.webm (1280x720, 2.96M)

only Ys series.

The coloring looks the same as his previous characters, so the character designer is indeed Daigo Okumura.

Attached: Magilou_Artwork.png (416x643, 234K)

>opens up a little 30 hours in
>if you play it properly, it's 240+ hours

what are you, a Yuri main?

Attached: 2019-01-27_08h09_35.jpg (869x878, 306K)

Oh NONONONONONO!! Xenobros!! we got too cocky!!!

Music is the second best thing in a game you tasteless deaf fuck.

Unfortunately, with the Symphonia and Destiny teams gone and the fact that the fucking God Eater's producer got his hands on Tales, it probably means the series will never go back to what it was, no more LMBS games, no more simple stories, only open world garbage with arte tree shit now.

the regular attacks of regular enemies kill eleanor so much she's 10 levels under velvet right now

Attached: reminder.jpg (876x605, 86K)

The guy who designed Eizen and Edna has a similar style.

It's Eric, you'll get to know him very well soon enough, but you wish you didn't

Forget Yuri for a minute, im just more worried that newcomers to the series will play one of the commonly suggested entry points like Xillia or Symphonia and hyper focus on one of the unique bits of the title and start building expectations for the rest of the series that might just lead to disappointment.

I always liked how Tales would throw in the 2nd world midway in but this time telling us from the start is interesting in its own way.

With Berseria, although it isnt as good as earlier titles. Still a good game though.

1993 Tales of Phantasia. ITs only competition was Secret of mana, 1995, and Star ocean, 1996. I'm not counting that p[seudo on a time based turn system ABS final fantasy had either.

webm of him breaking his mask pls

That's because this time there's 3 worlds

>make combat more fun
>cost more

you mean the ones that make the game easy for you, toddler?

>sidequests come in spots where you don't have to be for the story

because if you don't care about them, you don't have to do them. If you actually care about the towns, you go back to them to check up, and Vesperia HEAVILY rewards you for it anywhere you go.

>shittier dungeons than symphonia
you enjoy making cubes and put them into places, play Zaude. This game is about combat, play some Layton or whatever.

Attached: 1547785611691.jpg (4000x3271, 610K)

Another cutie that dies, its not fair.

On second look it probably is him, not Okumura, my bad

>1993 Tales of Phantasia. ITs only competition was Secret of mana, 1995, and Star ocean, 1996
>What is Xanadu
>Implying Mana started with Secret
You're an underage nigger, remove yourself from this board

Not really. Tethealla and Sylverant were worlds apart and barely knew of their existences other than through mythos and legends.

These two worlds know each other and opne reveres the other, while the other looks down on them like trash. It's more eternia than symphonia.

Attached: 04.png (376x247, 50K)

So, it's tales with even bigger and retarded weapons and probably a devour system. I only hope that someday with could have a Tales story without the elemental stuff in the plot .It doesn't need to be something complex, just a simple story without rehashing the same crap would be enough.

Why? The Zestria/Berseria world is so fucking boring.

for what purpouse would you shoot crouched if you don't use your leg as support for your elbow?

B-b-buy muh unreal engine graphics?!? Sure we can dab on xeno fags with tales a RISE UP gamers, r-r-r-right?

This franchise is done.
>open world shit
>shitty combat shit
>terrible story
>bugs, boring maps, dungeons, shitty skill and weapon systems

Xillia 2 was the last and final decent tales game.

>Xanadu
Are you shitting me, you can hardly call Xanadu and Faxanadu "action based". By that argument so is Zelda, which is not an RPG series.

Tales gives extra EXP to people who are in the active party, so you just didn't use her enough

also it's common knowledge to end EVERY fight with everyone alive for the EXP

Attached: d90b41ec5af5760eff0cdff08ce40510.jpg (2230x3270, 1.52M)

>you can hardly call Xanadu and Faxanadu "action based"

Attached: 1554576599600.png (368x368, 192K)

The pillaging the planet of resources and stripping people of freedom was a side effect of the relationship the two planets shared though.

Attached: m.webm (1920x1080, 2.93M)

DELETE THIS

Attached: D8qKiihUEAYkaoW.jpg (3840x2160, 1.23M)

sadly it's an anime trope to cockblock everyone "so the viewer can self-insert and make his own couples"

so it would be something refreshing, actually.

Attached: 2f6f86363b8ad11d8acdd277c0204f04.jpg (1200x1500, 713K)

>gay anime game makes other gay anime look gayer

qt confirmed

MC is cute!

>Tales of we want the post-Dark Souls audience

based
thank you

No it wasn't. It had nothing to do with pillaging and stealing, it was a jacked up hourglass system that barely held the worlds together. Tethealla prospered because of the journey of regeneration. It was religious prosperity guised to the people as salvation. They didnt intentionally make sylverant terrible to save themselves, Same as in ages past sylverant didnt make tethealla terrible on purpose. Its just how the system went, to avoid suspicion of cruxis meddling and to keep the two worlds alive from drifting off into the void.

I know japanese and watch anime, these games are for ME any people like me

for Ys I could actually understand it because holy shit these games are full of legit bangers all throughout

Attached: b3773823a2e925a446c03d144d73cac8.jpg (420x647, 81K)

>mfw switchlets think their tablet could run this beauty
>mfw they're stuck with Shituniablade 2

Attached: 1553399423845.png (773x666, 473K)

Ah, I know him. I'm just wondering what "shitunia" is supposed to be.

>Hourglass system
>Not stealing

We're not talking about intent. There was a limited amount of resources and one planet would steal from the other until the cycle reversed.

Stop being faggots.

nice fucking spin off lmao.

I'm a tales fag and these "key elements" could be named for every fucking game since Symphonia and, ironically, for Symphonia itself at its time as well.

If anything, the fucking Sheperd mark has me un-hyped down to fucking sorrow levels of "this is dead"

hype for Y's IX even more now

Attached: 21ce02a27725d9cf003f616d15d95599.jpg (400x555, 142K)

They're all based.

I've had velvet+magilou+laphi+eleanor as my party for literally the entire game as long as they were available but nice assumption
the two dudes I've never used are two levels above her

I don't mind the game being set in Zestiria's world if I get more Zaveid.

How can this even be saved after TWO (2) absolutely massive flops?
It's obvious they are going in an even worse direction with the god eater director.

Attached: tales.png (1284x141, 16K)

Mashing in Neptunia probably. I like xeno and some tales, but Compile Heart does keep shitting out the same stuff and I don't really get the appeal of their games.

You might as well tend your fucking flowers listening to good shit then
go the fuck back to Yea Forums, I want my shit to feel awesome while playing and look kinda nice, and engage me in a story which it's fucking supposed to do

If anything, music is the one thing making you realize "this is an artificial experience" because you know there's no fucking DJ at every place a fight happens.

Attached: 1547874761913.jpg (1414x1000, 842K)

KINOTABLE

well I kinda get you.
Thing is, Tales has to build up over time, if you play them back-to-back it'll lose some of its charm anyways.

Attached: 161eb11a545474ee9c99894e305b85e1.jpg (800x1112, 160K)

god damn it am I actually going to have to play zestiria?

Is it even fucking playable on pc by now? last I pirated it the shit ran at like 20 fps no matter how much I fiddled with settings.

The only bad game you outlined is DotNW.

Attached: kino.png (1920x1080, 1.64M)

I liked Berseria more than Xillia. Combat was more fun but I'll always miss Symphonia's system

buy some fucking revives if you're not gonna have the res guy on your team then if you didn't catch that dead people don't get any EXP

this is your punishment for having them dead, I hate that they just revive them to 1 HP for mongoloids like you

Attached: 8a7c433bf965841365f675d130818201.jpg (3840x2160, 810K)

My point is the system is more Eternia than symphonia. Most tales of games have the two world system, its been a staple since Eternia (Arguably destiny with the outer lens)

Inferia revered Celestia as some holy world and inferians pretty much had too do what ever the fuck celestians told them to. Symphonia quite literally borrows so much from eternia, depsite being a prequel to phantasia, it was an attempt to reignite the series with the best it had at the time, and it worked. The craymels were the exact same system as the summon spirits, with the same roles no less.

What? The Zestiria port is great, even digitalfoundry approved of it. The only problem is 30FPS lock but there is a mod fixes that (it doesn't work with pirated copies though).

It was better than both zestiria and berseria. Problem is it was a spin off and not the same genre (monster collecting jrpg).

the fuck is up with people praising the graphics, they look literally PS3 level 3D

t. Talesfag

Attached: 1547683268691.jpg (987x980, 181K)

Hey Legendianon, I know you're here. what are you're thoughts on it?

Attached: Dwarvenvow#13.png (250x224, 53K)

So it's a brighter Dragon's Dogma?

Does everyone IQ drops in Tales threads or what? that's clearly not the mark of the sheppard

>Destiny
Its been sttpale since Phantasia. The past and future is pretty much a second world.

It's either bored shitposters or some falseflaggers.
Everyone knows this series is dead apart from some zoomers who only played like 2 games (berseria and zestiria).

It looks nice but

>Everyone's starting to have the same looking overworld grass, trees, ect

yeah sure I'll just use a life bottle every fight it's not like there's a billion fucking enemies in heavenly steppes
>swap in eizen
>he gets one shot too
I mean have you played the game above normal

Listen, I don't care enough about Zestiria to question the claim.

That ponytail is too good to pass on. If I the universe doesn't allow me to get my GSC Pneuma scale, I sure will get notLailah Alter's scale. Why didn't they make a Lailah one, anyway.

Attached: 1560124605720.jpg (2461x4096, 2.38M)

Without them combat is literally
>3x attack -> free run cancel attack -> arte -> arcane arte
Dodging is almost entirely running in circles in free run since backstepping is just way shittier than free run cancel. There is next to no strategy since you can't count on ai to do anything but incredibly simple tasks like heal and cast the single spell you allow them to. Patty for instance is way less fun without critical upgrade and her various super combo skills plus the magic enhancing ones.
>This game is about combat, play some Layton or whatever.
Hallways are incredibly boring
>240 hours
Not even close, I beat the game at less than 100 hours and I did every side quest. There is no way the ex dungeons are going to take me 140 hours. Plus this still doesn't invalidate you have to slog through 30 hours of boring shit to get there.
>yuri main
Why do that when I have patty?

>Does everyone IQ drops in Tales threads or what
Yes.

Attached: images.jpg (257x196, 7K)

@465488649
>"this is an artificial experience"
I can't even

Attached: 1519739937366.gif (574x320, 73K)

No, it's anime DMC.

Kino key art

I'm glad Arise has a girl with gigantic hair. Milla's huge hair gives me a boner.

>finished Tales of the abyss
>played Berseria after a couple of months
It doesn't feel the same anymore, long corridors, no real world map and the lack of basic attacks is pretty bad.

>tfw we will never ever play Phantasia (psp ver) Rebirth, Destiny (PS2) and Hearts (DS) in English

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 10K)

>Nobody is talking about how the MC has Flamberge

Tales threads really are dead. This is the coolest shit. Bringing back Flamberge (And possibly vorpal) is a nbce nod back to classic tales

Attached: download.jpg (300x168, 14K)

>RISE UP

Attached: 1542023776915.jpg (184x184, 34K)

source?

Tales of is dead

I'm so fucking happy that they're finally free their from their monkey code ps3 engine.

Attached: 1531944601471.jpg (3840x2160, 2.73M)

Tales games always have tons of references to previous games so it’s not really surprising to see one.

>t-t-tales is dead h-haha s-switch could easily run this game
>goes back to rolling gacha in shittunia blade 2

Attached: 1497279363576.jpg (648x615, 312K)

Thank goodness baba's gone

why is he so perfect?

Attached: 2wny8hs.jpg (683x472, 320K)

Because fuck you.

Get out Baba, you got fired twice in 2 years

Who wins?

But who's the QT at the 1:11 mark?

They've done mobage and VN intros.

They have to remove that shitty filter, it's awful
Also Tales of was never good

How bad do you gotta fuck up for modern square enix to not want you around. If they still have the god of incompetence known as nomura, then they should have anyone.

>baba out
>tomizawa in
Only thing I can say is don't set your expectations high.

This shit is so generic it hurts my soul. How can normal fags play the same exact game every single time? They don't even change the hud for fuck sakes.

THE HUD ON MY COD OF DUTY GAME LOOKS DIFFERENT, IT'S LIKE AN ENTIRELY NEW EXPERIENCE.

this will hold me over until Gran Blue Relink comes out (if ever)

Attached: gameplay.webm (960x540, 2.98M)

I'm not too familiar with tomizawa track record as much as baba's but he cant be that bad. He'll have to intentionally try to screw up to reach those baba level of wtf-ness.

Attached: notlaila.webm (960x540, 2.97M)

Attached: sayhello.webm (960x540, 2.35M)

>featuring an updated battle system that retains classic Tales of gameplay

this has me worried. What is defined as "classic Tales of gameplay"? Linear Motion Battle System with TP? CC system like Destiny Remake/Graces F?

It's his swagger.

I didn't even care that he was a traitor, he's still my boy.

looks extremely bland
we had a god tier protagonist design (ludger) just a few years ago, what happened

Attached: strikeapose.webm (960x540, 2.26M)

God eater games are terrible. Like really really bad levels of gameplay and story. Unironically neptunia is less mediocre to sit through than those games.

Martial chain
Artes chain
Air juggling combo system.

Any combination of TP/CC.

Ludger can't compete with the masked chad.

Attached: arise-001.jpg (1280x720, 97K)

tommy's a good boy leave him alone

It's nice to finally see what theyve been up to after 3 years but I'll have to keep my expectations in check.

The last time tales hyped me up was with zesteria...and we know how that one turned out.

As long as they don't force this one to meet some arbitrary "anniversary" date again.

>unreal memengine 4

Attached: 1559541676747.png (980x584, 504K)

why's there one absolute retard in the thread obsessed with god eater
is he still mad about hugo

xenoblade 2 saved jrpgs lmao stay mad KEK!

Imagine having the MC of the savior of Jrpgs a fucking Mii costume in Smash LMAO.

Attached: 1495166973315.png (500x328, 215K)

Is this a joke? Lookwise this dude is basically Ludger in medieval outfit instead of suspenders.

god eater is garbage franchise, somehow worse than tales

this looks next gen due to the detail in animation

She really doesn't look like Lailah.

Attached: 20190609_210035.jpg (2896x2896, 562K)

>fucking Mii costume in Smash
xenobros...

I thought the two swords he has are Flamberge and Vorpal, or maybe Vorpal will be another sword that a princess or somebody of the other planet has .
Don't really like how we're gonna get yet another Eternal Blade plotpoint, but eh, that's what it is.

at least one potential waifu is confirmed

Her face definitely doesn't, she looks better in my opinion.

Eh, i only played the first one and i can only describe it as monster hunter but with ten times the anime. Ive never been a monster hunter fan in general so i skipped the other 2.

If his track record is truly less than neptunia's level then I'm quite concerned..

He's the king of france

The Legend of Arise: The Girl Is The Sword

Yeah, notLaila is cuter.

Attached: Tales of Arise - E3 Announcement Trailer PS4, X1, PC.mp4_20190609_180542.687.jpg (1920x1080, 297K)

I don't follow you, Xenogears, Chrono Trigger and Xenoblade 2 are probably my favorite JRPGs, I love the genre, I would assume that anyone that likes JRPGs at least half as much as I do would be happy to see more promising good looking games getting announced. Also most Tales games are good, Eternia is still my favorite, Vesperia is probably my second.

Attached: 1548139795437.webm (640x360, 2.95M)

Doesnt have to be. Vesperia and abyss have both as cameos and nothing more.

They don't look anything alike
lailah's orginal VA died and I doubt their first choice was to drag the character into a new game when they don't have to.

probably Eric trying to pit fanbases again

Because they are part of the franchise?

>Doesnt have to be.
>Literally draws it from the girl
>Not a big plotpoint
Come the fuck on lad, you think they're doing all this grandiose cinematic bullshit for nothing?
One planet has Vorpal and the other has Flamberge, then with the power of UNDERSTANDING they'll unit to create the Eternal Blade, shit writes itself.

Judging by the post-game content from Berseria, I thought the next game would be set after the events of Zestiria, but I guess this is also fine.

This i like both the only franchise i don't like is FF.

Pls make Tales good again

I stopped caring after Xillia

Attached: Presea_Tekken_Run.gif (200x200, 27K)

They are really just Sonygers stirring up shit, nothing new
Enthusiasts don't care about platform and are able to enjoy JRPGs in all of their forms

So is "that's totally lailah" gonna be the new pattern now. It happened with berseria and it's happening again here.

We've all seen how creatively bankrupt this series is when it comes to character design, flynn looks like a clone of guy and eleanor looks like a genderswap zelos.

>We've all seen how creatively bankrupt this series is when it comes to character design
Blame Fujishima

Attached: Spot the Flynn.webm (1360x724, 388K)

>switching sides
Oh no. Is this going to be like xillia where you have to play it twice just to see slightly different story from different perspectives?
I hope it's like symphonia where you just visit the 2 worlds depending on the plot stage.

It adds more replay value but I understand why it wouldn't be for everyone.

At least Flynn was easily distinguishable from Guy by his outfit, this new girl even has the same exact color dress as Lailah, what a joke

>he mastered the double ninjutsu
H-HAYAI

I guess they're ripping off Ys now?

Attached: 20170910132304_1.jpg (1920x1080, 407K)

Most FF are at least good, specially from VI to X, you shouldn't sleep on that franchise.

Attached: 1547548771305.webm (1280x720, 2.92M)

Mc character design is trash. I hope the girl will be fun to play as.

Fujishima's designs are still a thousand times more interesting than Inomata's

holy cringe

>generic looking male protag
I miss Yuri

>Most FF are at least good
FF has never been good, it's a series built entirely on aping whatever's popular, and it invariably does it horribly every fucking time, it's one of the most soulless RPG series ever.
>Fujishima's designs are still a thousand times more interesting than Inomata's
Not in a million years.

Holy shit animation

Lol sameface design is one thing but they even got the same hairstyle and everything, was this shit intentional, werethey hoping on just reusing a popular characters design after the abyss?

>eleanor looks like a genderswap zelos.
What? The only thing they have in common is orange hair.
You're right about Flynn/Guy though.

Attached: replicaeverywhere.jpg (1280x2880, 1013K)

Bro we were winning... we were dabbing on tales cucks until you posted that... why...

gears die for this

That's fucking gold

No, Fujishima is just a hack that can't come up with anything original.
Even his costumes are consistently recycled.

>Ysbabby this intimidated by the return of the king

Attached: RUXXjHX.png (255x287, 64K)

Maybe it's her mum.

Animation quality is usually lower during secondary quests on Xenoblade 2.

Attached: 1537830096781.webm (1280x720, 2.91M)

At least he can draw faces that don't look like lifeless dolls

>Blame Fujishima
I don't think he is working in this game, his last game was Zestiria.

Newfags are retards

>generic UE4 assets
i sleep

I think we can all agree Okumura is the hero Tales needs and the other artists just drag him down

He designed Eleanor and Artorius

>I don't think he is working in this game
The girl clearly has Fujishima's sameface, so I doubt it.
>his last game was Zestiria.
Except he designed characters like Eleanor or Artorius for Berseria, so that is incorrect.

>not liking both series
modern ys > modern tales

He designed Eleanor in Berseria

>I think we can all agree Okumura is the hero Tales needs
Hooo boi, another guy who recycles his shit endlessly

That fucking spooked me.

Oh, please. Ys has been around since before 99% of you were even born - let alone played a single Tales game. It'll outlive everyone against all odds.

Attached: Ys IV - The Dawn of Ys {HCD3051-4-1108-R1F} (J)-0085.png (864x696, 403K)

>The girl clearly has Fujishima's sameface
Okay, now you're being ridiculous.

I want to kiss her asshole and then squeeze her buttcheeks until she farts so I can cum inside her.

maybe with Elle and Alisha, but I think everyone else is pretty distinct.

Do I need to play the other Tales of games before I play this?

Attached: 1559765727398.jpg (1009x767, 380K)

You're literally shaking and trembling because you know no one is even glancing twice at Ys garbage after seeing the absolute KINO that is Tales of Arise. Ys IX by comparison looks three generations behind and bland as fuck.

Now go sit in the corner with the Switchlet Xenotoddlers while the king makes his return.

Attached: 1560124743310.jpg (4096x1742, 1.48M)

>head of God Eater in charge
What will this entail? I've only played GE3. The story was alright. It felt like it could have been better but it was held back by the monster hunting stuff which fucked with the storytelling and pace. Don't think people buy monster hunting games for plot anyways

Attached: 1549848574745.jpg (701x715, 49K)

> "I'm sorry I couldn't save you after all."
> "Die a fire, kid, you don't know me."

I actually liked that a lot.

Gold indeed.

I've been noticing that with a a lot of recent Namco developed/licensed anime games. And after Dragon Ball FighterZ showed us you totally don't have too, albeit in a much more contained genre.

Outside of obvious direct sequels Tales games are self-contained.

Attached: Was seeing double for a moment there.jpg (1536x2048, 1.32M)

You game war autists are the cringiest fucks on this board

No. It's Final Fantasy style, mostly standalone titles with the occasional direct sequel.

>now you're being ridiculous.
You wish, you evidently aren't familiar with Fujishima's style.
>I think everyone else is pretty distinct.
Dude, Edna might as well be a Kanonno pallette swap, come on.

based

I wasn't the same person, you should be able to tell by the other reply to your post. I'm looking forward to both Ys IX and Arise. Ys series may have no budget, especially in the art department, but their gameplay is supreme (mostly on nightmare/inferno difficulties).

Let's not act like party Ys isn't broken trash with its Flash guard and flash move spam. I love Ys VIII but the combat could be way better.

He designed Eleanor and Artorius for Berseria and for Crestoria he designed Kanata, the main character.

That being said, after comparing the faces of the new characters to past characters designed by Fujishima and Inomata I think Daigo Okumura is the one designing the characters this time.

> "I'm sorry I couldn't save you after all."
> "Die a fire, kid, you don't know me."
This was so shit I thought it wasn't even the end of the game and something else was about to happen.

No one buys Tales of games for the story either so it should all be good

>anime characters in a realistic world
The devs probably took inspiration from Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Space Jam, and Looney Tunes - Back in Action.

Based Ys chad.

>Outside of obvious direct sequels Tales games are self-contained
Thanks. Is Vesperia worth playing? I've heard mixed things

>exposed back
What a slut.

it's a good game, but the combat system has evolved a lot so it's hard to go back to

>Is Vesperia worth playing? I've heard mixed things
From where?? Vesperia is often cited as the high point of the series

I'd say his designs are far less interesting than hers, but hers are "interesting" in a bad way because they all look fucking retarded.

Yeah, I'm sure Vesperia DE is a sign of things to come, especially considering Bamco couldn't be assed to fix decade-old typos and mistranslations in the script.

Attached: 20190302164759_1.jpg (1920x1080, 277K)

If I'm going to be playing a 50+ hour JRPG I want to be at least somewhat engaged in the story

No, you should watch puchimas instead.

Attached: 851080.jpg (400x225, 21K)

That's reaching quite a bit. The faces don't even look alike.

Attached: 1552511503111.jpg (3840x2160, 1.16M)

Key visual

Attached: tales of arise.jpg (850x1415, 112K)

Nightmare/Inferno is still fun with flash guard/move. Still have to learn all the boss's moves to react in time to them. I started with 7 and still like 8 as much as I did oath/origin.

Lmao what the fuck are you on about

From Yea Forums

I want to see them fuck

I knew someone from the GE/Code Vein team had a hand in this.

Is English hard for you to understand?

Same. It could be a cute love story if they handle it right.

Attached: 1546755299699.png (875x720, 803K)

I want to see the boy fuck another boy

Attached: Untitled.png (634x407, 383K)

The title font kinda reminds me of Warframe.

Attached: Warframe-The-Sacrifice.jpg (620x349, 24K)

This is Tales. No Heterosexuals allowed.

No. I just don't see how on earth would you except even decent story in a Tales of game.

Okumura is doing the MC, but the FeMC is clearly Fujishima's doing.
Now that there's no distinction between teams anymore all the character designers do a few characters each.

>more people are saying shit like "XENOTODDLERS BTFO" than actually talking about the game
Is this one of the fastest cases of free rent ever? It's honestly impressive.