PSO2

XBOX WON
XBOBX ONW
XBOX WON

Attached: phantasy-star-online-2---button-1505860918404.jpg (1024x1024, 279K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Phantasy-Online-Episode-deluxe-package-6427831011/dp/B01AW43BQ8
pso2.com/
discordapp.com/invite/pso2
pso2.com
youtube.com/watch?v=bm1ZPgxStE4
youtube.com/watch?v=I3ACIi_jnok
discord.gg/4bVJeSX
pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?145465-Talk-of-No-MAG-Event-Now-and-Just-Give-Rewards-Sooner&p=2067254#post2067254
youtube.com/watch?v=2UKwUwM3z7k
youtube.com/watch?v=TBwNNQtEpNY
youtu.be/fCZ0lRcMeas
store.playstation.com/ja-jp/product/JP0177-CUSA02647_00-PHANTASYSTARONL2
youtube.com/watch?v=xx2SeunY7S4
youtube.com/watch?v=RIq3WbkIDBk
archive.is/bHnNA
youtube.com/watch?v=6YOQoY-Qmes
youtube.com/watch?v=BoxnFfZNzm0
e-hentai.org/g/952633/0c9d56829a/
youtube.com/watch?v=ktDQmvC4to4
youtube.com/watch?v=ouKcCW2aC54
youtube.com/watch?v=Yff14wnckFE
youtube.com/watch?v=tYXmlEOgXfU
youtube.com/watch?v=fCZ0lRcMeas
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>When xbox finally brings PSO2 to the west...
What timeline are we in?

FUCKING FINALLY

XBOX FUCKING WON

ITS HAPPENING

Attached: 1560090151211.png (2536x765, 413K)

HOLY FUCK

I vaguely remember the original, is it easy to get into this or do I requiere a next level of autism like EVE?

Did anyone see this coming? What the fuck

2020 WTF YOU GOT TO BE FUCKING KIDDING ME

it's easy don't worry

They really did win, but I'm playing it on PC. Fucking yes baby. We all win this day.

7 FUCKING YEARS

this took way too fucking long

Is it going to be on PC officially in the west as well?

PHANTASY STAR UNIVERSE WHEN WHEN WHEN

Yes

SUCK THIS XDICK SNOYKEKS

super easy to get into

Yup.

I'm happy for you XBros. It's been rough watching what's happened to the brand. You deserve it after all the bullshit.

I thought there already was a fantasy star 2 game right now mmo

Phantasy Star V when

Attached: giraffe.jpg (1269x952, 136K)

pso2 is so gay tho

>8 years old
>mmorpg
who the fuck's gonna care in 2020

>Brings over a 7 year old game when you could’ve already been playing it during those 7 years
Get ass blasted faggots

Too late.

I can't believe it

Is it coming to Switch and PS4 in the west?

In word on where it will be? it's own launcher or steam?

Ok, how are they gonna fuck it up? Are they gonna censor outfits?

Would have probably been PS4 but given how they have been acting xbox was the only other option

xbox and pc only

it's already on ps4
amazon.com/Phantasy-Online-Episode-deluxe-package-6427831011/dp/B01AW43BQ8

Better download it now. No way Sony is going to keep it up after this.

Attached: 87e389f86f8213bb116bcec845520a6c1486045342_full.jpg (640x638, 86K)

ITs Jap only on PS4 and switch

I am talking about outside Japan since those ports already exist

I just wanted Phantasy Star 5

Attached: 1234254363453479.jpg (205x249, 17K)

Pat is gonna have to pay that stupid bet with liam

I don't follow this conversation but you can play it from the west
Though if you play from the switch outside japan it will be a godawful experience, iirc you need a JP playstation account to play on the ps4 (no fan translation unless you change your dns)

>dont own an xbox
fuck this gay earth

its gonna be on pc as well

Play PS02 and buy a ton of shit, maybe then you'll have a chance

that being said there is a fan translation for PC

>implying Sony cares or even remembers
They couldn't wait to kill this game and shove it down into the depths.

Attached: 1557980782121.jpg (480x480, 22K)

Yeah but user said ps4 and switch, hence why i didnt mention PC

>had to release on xbox because sony would have censored it

>PC
Well fuck, that's the only way I can get this game but I hate playing games on PC because of the mere fact that cheats and hacks (despite never using them) exist and that's capable of ruining the fun for me.

>It took 7 years for PSO2 to finally come out

I don't even know if I have the strength to care anymore...

The problem for me is I experienced what happens to the game as it goes on, shit just gets way worse as they add in more content. It's hard to be hyped for something that you know eventually collapses into a trainwreck.

these people
are lying to you, pso2 starts off easy and then you hit a massive fucking wall that strangles you alive. Affixing will break your soul and without affixes you're garbage.

Will they IP ban westerners come 2020 to force the gaijins to play PSO2 NA?

So now that the conference is over.
When the fuck was PSO2 releasing?

They were already banning people.

You can be certain that systems are going to be tuned again for the Western release. They cannot expect people to walk the same road as JP players did over 7 years.

They already did AFAIK, you need VPN to play JP no?

How bad is it? Korean MMO transcending/upgrading tier?

I fucking hope not.

Spring 2020

wow i'm so excited to start playing a game that will maybe live 5 years before shutdown in america if not worldwide

is anyone even gonna play this on xbox? at least it's coming to pc too.

Can you fucking believe that Microsoft is hosting the servers and paid Sega to do the port?

XBOX WON XBOX WON XBOX WON XBOX WON XBOX WON XBOX WON XBOX WON XBOX WON XBOX WON XBOX WON XBOX WON XBOX WON XBOX WON XBOX WON XBOX WON XBOX WON XBOX WON XBOX WON XBOX WON XBOX WON XBOX WON

This, what the fuck are people hyped about? Did you guys not know how to ENG patch to play this while it was JP only? It's just a generic mmo, there's literally nothing good about it.

You fucking retards.
You missed this.
Its a fucking CLOUD game

Attached: file.png (147x88, 12K)

you know could have been playing PSO2 in Japan all these years fully fan translated with no need for VPN right?
This announcement changes nothing

it means the servers run on azure instead of sega paying the servers

If you're having fun for 5 years already that's more than enough. Since when recent MMOs have been living for that long nowadays? If the game last 2 years with a decent level of population that'd be a miracle by today's standards. All recent MMOs are usually ghosttown after 1 year at most.

It's just microsoft shilling for their servers that's it. It makes sense for them to take care of the hosting.

Uh.... umh, affixing is really hard to explain but essentially every item has stat blocks you can put on them that require a recipe. That recipe is hard as fuck to achieve and once you achieve that recipe you lose it forever if you modify your weapon, so you need to spend weeks preparing fodder weapons with the recipes you want and then you combine them all together to get it all on one weapon. It's time consuming, costs shit loads of cash, and it based on a fuckload of luck. It's fairer than korean transcending shit but much harder and takes way more work

Please just let me play this on PC, I don't want to have to actually take my Xbox out of the dust pit

Attached: 1541455669814.png (947x700, 962K)

This is the one with the Fate crossover outfits right?

yes it's also on PC, it's only ambiguous if the other console versions will make it.

>CLOUD gaming man

You realize that Azure is just servers. "CLOUD" is just servers hosted in a datacenter. This is no different than Sega hosting it in their own datacenter or paying for servers in another.

No, you don't need a VPN, I play pso2 to this day.

also they can't tune affixing for the west, it's soul crushing by design. All they can really do is increase rare soul drop rates and multi slot weapons.

>implying it will actually get cross overs
It would be licensing hell for them, no way it will happen.

It will be on PC, already confirmed.

Almost guaranteed that affixing will be adjusted, nobody will put up with that shit in the West. If they keep the two versions separate it's for that reason in the first place, to make such changes if they want to. Otherwise they'd just add Western support to the JP version if they wanted to keep everything 1:1 and they would just open new servers.

On Windows store?

I swear to fucking god, I was enjoying the show, it really was high quality as fuck, but a lot of the games weren't really my style, as soon as I saw SEGA though and saw 2 seconds of the clip I knew it was PSO and I fucking went apeshit.
Microsoft actually fucking did the impossible, and because of this one thing they fucking won in my eyes.
PSO2 is finally ours and before any of you niggers say 'it was always available, just use the english patch', go fuck yourselves, I did play PSO2 when it first came out, before a translation was even available, it's just not the fucking same as having a proper release in your region.
This is fucking it, Microsoft won, PSO2 is coming, we fucking won.

Attached: Disgusting.jpg (873x1289, 321K)

xbox console exclusivity suddenly makes more sense. sony sure as fuck wouldn't host it and they already have FF14 on ps4. It wouldn't even net them any of their oh so sweet ps+ subscriptions.

How much you wanna bet that Pat will try to give Liam a whole buncha money, since Liam won the bet, only for Liam to throw a bitchfit because Pat?

Attached: 5C8FAE0B-B738-4C0F-94E7-844881960E6C.png (245x280, 269K)

it'll stay its own client, microsoft doesn't have their hooks that deep.

it just said windows 10, probably will have it's own launcher if not, the windows store.

>PSO2 is actually coming to the west
If this shit can come over, so can DQX. PLEASE SQUEENIX

Holy fuck, if DQX was confirmed coming to the West I think I would be in heaven.

I can't wait to play this 5 years ago!

so yeah, the game is f2p

the big question is how do they make money from it? cosmetics? pay to win?

Attached: 1361270553827.gif (198x191, 2.85M)

>Otherwise they'd just add Western support to the JP version if they wanted to keep everything 1:1

Sorry to break it to you but they can't just add western support to the JP game. Ignoring the fact that Japs hate playing with people who don't speak Japanese, the game is LOADED with famous voice actors/anime crossovers/video game crossovers that are only licensed for Japan. None of that shit will make it to the west, my character voiced by Japanese Alucard dressed like a Gundam won't make it.

nobody fucking cares now give source

The same timeline where Sony censors everything .

The JP version only has cosmetics from what I remember. Let's hope the western version is the same.

Is it going to be cross-play?

PSO2 has had amazing english fan support for like 4 years. It's so easy to play that if you actually were interested you would have played it by now.

A SHITTON of cosmetics.

Yeah.

I recognized the theme song as soon as it started and yet I couldn't believe it until they showed the male Hunter they use in every CG movie. How much money did Microsoft pay Sega to convince them to release it in the west?

Was not going to purchase an xbox for this singular game so no. I'm glad they realize pc is mandatory.

well microsoft won because all this shit is playable on pc

Holy shit, I always wanted to play PSO.
Where do I get a quick rundown on how this game works? Is there a /vg/ thread?

Attached: 1550098011956.gif (500x500, 1.06M)

*Also on PC and PS4

First off they stop that bet years ago.
Second Pat killed the channel with his autism and they've broken up

yeah it is

It literally says Powered by Azure which means they are doing new servers in NA. Why the fuck would they put you onto a 7 year old JP server where everyone is capped and the economy is shit

>I always wanted to play PSO
You don't.

Extra inventory also costs dosh. Also extra bank slots cost money but its only temporary so you have to buy them again. Also some affixing stuff is only available on the gacha shopshit. Either way you gotta whale hard to get decent affixes.

I heard PSO2 had a super retarded story with like fanfiction writers actually jumping into the world or some bullshit.
Basically nothing like PSO

Attached: 1535348350856.gif (400x272, 682K)

swallow my cum, fag
not an argument, i don't care about fan made shit, i want to play with other english speakers not a 95% japanese audience and 5% of english speakers.

Attached: 1560021928224.png (1565x2047, 2.34M)

There's a /vg/ thread but they might bully you for not being a weeb fag playing the ENG patch for the past four years.

you missed the boat, user
this game is nothing like PSO

pso2.com/

Only says Xbox one and W10

I played this on my PC ages ago

go fucking play it now

>2020

There's no vg thread because the game is kinda dead, it's hard to explain. Join the PSO2 discord discordapp.com/invite/pso2

once you get a character to max there's nothing left to do but affix or dress like an anime character and sit in channel 2 with the rest of the fags and say uwu

It's a game that you get really excited for when it's finally playable but then there is just nothing but disappointment since it's a 7 year old online game.

Their twitter says no news on Europe support for now, only North America for the time being.

So I guess I might be region-locked either way lol.

I don't know how this is going to fucking work.
Like 50% of all the outfits are collabs. There are also several collab bosses.

Episodes 1-3 are actually fucking fantastic. Really good classic PSO vibes.

Episode 4 is "Traveling to Japan"
Episode 5 is fucking Isekai
And I've heard Episode 6 is pretty okay so far, but I stopped once I touched 4.

But episodes 1-3 were fucking great.

Alright, how much time daily would I need to spend on this shit?

Please don't exclusively be on the Windows store.

Given that PSO started on Saturn and Xbox started as just Microsoft taking over the Sega's western console division, it makes perfect sense.

That all happens in ep 4-5, 1-3 is fine

you're retarded, the entirety of one ship is english speakers, it's 95 percent english 5 percent japanese.

Attached: pso21.png (1617x957, 2.52M)

The worst part is, Sony is going to just ignore this.
Their shitty censorship and treatment of Japanese developers is going to destroy them and this is the first of many who are going to jump ship, but Sony isn't going to care. To them it's about the SJWs and zoomers now.

Fucking awesome. As a brainlet, does the cloud server stuff for Xbox mean it will be crossplay too?

This game is on PS4.

If the previous PSO games are any indicator, the west is going to get fucked out of those crossover items without item hacking.

>not an argument, i don't care about fan made shit, i want to play with other english speakers not a 95% japanese audience and 5% of english speakers.

ship 2 has been primarily english speaking for at the very least 5 years homo. If you actually wanted to play the game and weren't a brainlet you would have played it by now.

yes, the trailer specifically said it was cross-play.

Not in the West

Attached: z.png (822x180, 69K)

you're not getting any of the crossover items if you play on the western server, the primary reason SEGA never brought the game to the west in the first place was because their main source of income is selling you anime costumes, which they can't do affordably with western licensing laws.

Can you ignore the shit or is it like WoW in that these bad episodes are now good chunks of the content and endgame?

i couldn't give a fuck tbqhwy, now i get to play with a huge influx of other people, experiencing all of the content at once rather than playing for a bit, then having to wait months/years for new content, playing for a few more days, then waiting again.
this is the definitive experience, fuck using a shoddy english translation

Attached: 1560036155158.gif (500x281, 639K)

Only played PSIV, is PSO similar quality?

The hype is from the game not being dead in the west.

You don't need to do any story except for maybe 1 mission you can skip through to do content.

The story is entirely something you can ignore which is why I do it.

the english translation isn't even close to shoddy. Your first point is whatever, but the fan translation is near perfect and updates minutes after new content is released.

is this really 'japans biggest mmo' like they said? i thought that was final fantasy 14

>have to upgrade to Windows 10
Fuck

>playing a tranny game

Attached: 1524813427303.png (697x643, 701K)

you can ignore the story, but you should do it, for a good set of end game gear you'll need unless they change that in a year i don't it will though.

>You don't need to do any story except for maybe 1 mission you can skip through to do content.
W R O N G

The story gives you tons of good shit, you should do every single story mission to save you grind. The game literally has a mode where all you have to do is watch the fucking cut scenes to get the mission rewards because the shit the story gives you is so important.

PSO2>FFXIV in terms of numbers

you're thinking of ff14 senpai

>japan having shit taste
im not really surprised

Must have missed it among the hype, thanks lad

You get maybe some tri-boosts, but nothing is at all good compared to literally the free shit they hand out for you.

You get decent 13*s pre-grinded and 12* sub units that are almost as good as ray for no effort for literally free.

It's absolutely not worth it.

OMG A 8 YEAR OLD PORT. 20 MORE OF THOSE AND WE MIGHT HAVE AS MANY AS THE SWITCH!!!!

>only thing I was excited for
>not confirmed for Europe yet
FFS Sega...

>the west is only na now

No Im thinking of PSO2

Attached: 343435435345666.jpg (1680x945, 342K)

Tbh it’s not that good of a game. I heard there was Phantasy Star news coming and I was hoping for a new release.

"Xbox won"

i mean it's gonna be avaible on PC as it has always been. The difference is that we wont have to play like fuckin gaijins anymore since there's finally going to be a legal translation.

Punished Spencer arc. The manis pulling the entire brand out of the fallout of the kinect era.

Would be cool if this game wasn’t old as fuck. It came out in fucking 2012. No thanks

It has over 220k active players? I thought it was pretty dead, I guess it's f2p.

Why do people care about playing this on Xbox exactly? Someone wanna fill me in?

those triboosts are massive and cut the grind involved in the last 15 levels down by a huge margin. I have no clue how many classes you've played past 85 but you will use just about every single fucking triboost you get. On top of that the extra meseta from finishing the boss rush quest is huge, making over half a mil for a 1 minute run can't be beat while leveling.

wew might give it a try

>#PSO2 is finally making its western debut in North America on Xbox One in Spring 2020. Regarding an EMEA release, there's nothing to confirm right now. We understand it’s frustrating, but when we have more news to share, we will. Stay tuned to pso2.com for updates.

So when is this releasing so I can finally drop FF14?

This. Pso2 is not that good. Even when fully translated I couldn’t get that into it and that’s when it was relatively new. Now it’s mediocre AND outdated. If this was PSO3 it would be huge.

They’re cancer. You have to play with insane trannies or go play with japs alone. At least now I can find some cool English speakers on random ships

Not that user and i've been playing on ship 2 for years as well. Pso2 officially coming over is still a much needed thing because now Phantasy Star as a franchise has a shot at an international future again. Even if it's Xbox PC over here and even it's been out for years and totally playable with next to no issue, this is still something to be hopeful of and wish it succeeds well

Attached: 30073412_1744564052268354_5790490817885858246_o.png (401x274, 170K)

Because Sony has done nothing to bring it over for years, mainly when the PS4 was just getting started and any new game would have been a plus.
Now that Sony is going full draconian to the point of actively messing with Japanese developers this is seen as a blow to them

me on the left

Agreed. Aside from the action combat which was amazing years ago I feel the content is lacking. You got some shitty free fields, event grinding, enemy health sponges, timegated EQs. Honestly I could complain for a while on the things I dislike.

It's F2P unlike FFXIV, so poorfags get to be active users, and can be played on handhelds like Vita, which is not dead in Japan. XIV certainly makes more money, altough it's not like they put much of it back into the game either way, so it's a fight over who is the better jew I guess.

>there's nothing to confirm right now.
Well fuck you too SEGAtrash.

you get triboosts 150% and exp boosts(which stack) meseta boosts, and drop boosts.from doing the story. You get a lot of them, it's kind of a big fucking deal.

Yawn.
Call me when they remaster Blue Burst.

how is it sony's fault that sega refused to localize it until now? you do realize it also has a switch version that's not getting translated either, right?

Dragon's Dogma 2 when?

Who's gonna star in the concerts!?

Attached: pso20181007_203134_000.jpg (1920x1080, 820K)

But I thought it was on PS4? Or is it just Vita and switch? And Xbox now.

I have over 200 triboosts senpai. I get more than I use.
You get tons of tris just by being around. I literally had them running nonstop the past few months and I still ended up with a surplus of over 100.

This is big for me too. I don't know if I'll care to jump at all because I have so much on JP, but it might mean we get PSO3 on time.

you get the second best set of units in the game from the story? the fuck are you talking about.

Because it was out on PS4 first?
If anyone was going to bring it over it was going to be them.
But they didn't since they're commies now.

>Phantasy Star as a franchise has a shot at an international future again
Phantasy Star as a franchise is barely alive in Japan. Their mobile game Idola is completely fucked and as far as we know nothing new is coming in the PS universe for a while.

>You get tons of tris just by being around.
That's great for someone who has been playing the game for over a year, someone who is JUST starting out doesn't have the benefit of being given constant free shit. Your first month playing you'll burn though all the boosts the game gives you to get to max level.

What are you even talking about, why is it Sony's responsibility to localise Sega game?

>Their mobile game Idola is completely fucked
What's going on with that?

As a F2P MMO what do they do to generate money? Is PSO2 pay 2 win or is there just insane amounts of costumes buyable with real money?

>Phantasy Star as a franchise is barely alive in Japan.
That's all the more reason to step back and trying with what they were gonna initially do.

You're blaming the entirely wrong people then. As far back as 2012 we have evidence there was plans to localize PSO2, and the PS4 was a part of that list. Then some dumb bullshit happened internally at Sega, and they kicked it down the road 7 years later. At this point I can't even blame Snoy for not bothering with it, the game is fucking ancient in MMO years and Phantasy Star has never been a huge pull in the west. Sega needs to get its head out of its ass and stop being fucking retards.

Entirely different games.

Because how else would Sega get servers?

do you have a link to any of those hints or whatever? I kinda want to know the exact dates to calculate how long I've been waiting

FUCK do I have to install spyware10 and remove my comfy windows 7 for this?

Attached: 1559879816526.jpg (1024x934, 78K)

Recommend me 10 games like PSO2 then.

Prob Miku

It's their problem, PS4 JP version exist, how did they get servers for that?

this game is shit tho, pso remake when

No one plays it and it updates slow as fuck now. The first two months it was constantly getting new shit but last I checked it was pretty slow going.

I gotta wonder about people who have "200" triboosts sitting around. You either don't play the game much or play it way too much, hard to tell, guess the easiest way to tell is for you to post your best affixed weapon

I'd rather blame the people who censored a video game, on the same day announced a Gay dad simulator, and probably paid off eurogamer to make a biased smear campaign article about it.
Sony is fucking doing everything wrong right now

this can't be happening!

Attached: 1552594696270.png (442x380, 216K)

WHERE'S THE SWITCH VERSION

they don't, the news is that it's officially available to burgers.

>Bust a nut when this just appears out of nowhere during a shitty conference
>Slightly get over the disappointment of no Fable 4
>See the stealth tweet afterwards stating no Europe
>Overwhelming disappointment turns into anger

Attached: 1534454986247.jpg (1000x1000, 92K)

Attached: 1517013654969.jpg (645x729, 57K)

Sony Japan and America were their own separate entities back then

I hate those kinds of things and the like. I want official western releases where I can yell at people in english and not get banned for not speaking moon
It's fucking annoying playing something like Mobile Suit Gundam Online and not being able to communicate beyond emotes or be able to tell when the team is going to spawn in fast MS and rush a point or something
I'm hyped to play a game I've been waiting to play for years with people that speak my goddamn language

Everyones favorite cancer, gacha and cosmetics. They had a Fate/Zero collab way back where people could get outfits of Archer, Saber, etc., the voice actors for their own characters, shit like that. Rinse and repeat for various other popular franchises.

>new PS
>online
Pawed again...

Attached: 1559415025349.jpg (717x404, 76K)

where's the no europe tweet?

See

Which is entirely irrelevant to the topic at hand, so you're just bitching and moaning about tertiary shit.

Cosmetics are doled out through a gacha system

>pay 2 win
A lot of people will tell you the game isn't pay 2 win, but it is. It's true that you can only buy cosmetics, but you can sell those cosmetics for HUGE amounts of ingame money and use that money to buy fully upgraded gear.

>only North America
Nah.

>affixing autism
>muh .2 second faster profound solo trigger guise! The jps think im cool!
Literally no content in the game needs autist affixing to do. Only solo score attack autist shit

It's Sony's fault

you need membership to sell things on the AH and trade, but the best items are untradeable anyway. Other than that it’s all gambling with real money for costumes.

They should probably change the model a bit for US release

>fully upgraded gear
Nope that's not how it work you spend your more to buy fodder gear to use with the soul crushing affix system

Well the western trailer and the west were big clues for start that was like2012, then the first annoucements of the English SEA verison,2013, then around 2016 we got article about what happened with the company running the SEA verison back firing and why that was holding up the wait and now here we are. You can find this stuff yourself and piece it together, dead serious.

>NOT IN EUROPE
LMAO THE CHINKS CANT BE BOTHERED TO HIRE SOMEONE TO TRANSLATE INTO IRRELEVANT LANGUAGES LIKE SPANISH, FRENCH
EUROS BTFO

>episode 4 is bad
You fags didn't even play it

and that's how I know you're garbage and get carried. The highest level raids like Black Dragon on release absolutely needed affixing to finish and if you want decent rewards from any of the EQ's that give rare drops you need affixed gear to do them quickly so that you can repeat them. Also group score attack needs affixed weapons, without it you'll never get anything worth your time.

you can literally buy fully affixed gear on the market place, tons of people make money buying affixing fodder, taking a risk on the affix percentage, and then selling it back. Play the game dude.

Wish I saved everything, but I was sure PSO2 was fucking dead after the five year point. They still have up the 2012 trailer at least, which should look very familiar: youtube.com/watch?v=bm1ZPgxStE4

I remember a claim that was never substantiated was the Chinese company publishing the game in their country had some contract they pumped a lot of money into where they had the rights to the game outside of Japan for an indeterminate amount of time. Perhaps 2020 was when that expired? That is just rumors though, we'll probably never know the exact details why they waited for almost a fucking decade.

It’s been out on the PS4 and vita out here in japan

Attached: ACF7A144-EB65-4926-9387-20408FEEA557.jpg (342x429, 50K)

>Coming to PC too
Thank you based nips. PSO is why I'm into the xenoblade series

1. a SHITTON of cosmetics sold in gacha only.
2. An optional membership of 15 bus that gives you +50% exp, money, and drop chance (not huge btw, easy to get Tthat as a free player too) gives you a bigger house and more storage room
3. Storage expansions
4. And this is reslly the only objectionable one, mags.
Mags are pets that you raise and give you bonus stats, this is important because you need at least three if you want to do all the classes, 4 if you want to do it all optimally as there are 3 attack types plus dex

still no new weapon since Summoner? The fuck?, that was several years ago

You can't buy a decent unit or weapon over 12 stars though

>this picture actually was accurate
Scary

What are those affixes things you guys are talking about? I only played during the Beta.

Phantasy*

FTFY . Please be sure to correct your mistake in the future user ! Thanks! :3

is that the MMORPG? but Xbox players missed most of the events already, is there a point of even starting?

shoo shoo discord tranny. /pso2g/ is alive and well

Actually, you can buy Dim, a pretty decent 14 star series that support SSS 1 2 and 3. Arks missions give Phobos units at the end. Sure, you can't buy those but you can buy the weapons. You have been able to buy 13 star weapons during EP5 though.

>you can literally buy fully affixed gear on the market place
sure, but it's nowhere near close to the best weapon
15* and 12* units
blow everything out on the market place
this is just flat out wrong, affixing would only be required for really good times on endless (2) (which also doesn't give you much worth by the way, there's a reason barely anybody even runse these), I have never affixed and constantly topped in parses, even got new Expert

Is there proof it's exclusive? Cause I don't buy it being exclusive for a nanosecond.

Where were you in 2001 user? You missed that train. Were you even born?

Attached: gamecube.gif (32x32, 538)

>western translation complete with being completely behind on content and never getting all of the content
>especially crossovers

okay so when you play pso2, you gets weapons and your weapons get perks that you can slot into other weapons. problem is the process is almost complete bullshit made to make you burn in game money and resource because rng caused by these two fucks.

Attached: 1470672787660.jpg (790x444, 360K)

>didn't reveal a giant Xbox keyboard controller to go along with the game

They fucked up

>spring 2020
so a generic vague release date like the first time. It'll never come out.

The authentic western PSO experience.

>I have never affixed and constantly topped in parses, even got new Expert

I can't even fathom being around people that are that bad then. If you don't affix you're doing less than 20 percent the damage of someone who is fully affixed. I would love to see any of your parse history to prove that you're near the top of any hard raid.

you also have to grind to the point of making it a second full-time job to get those

what are some starting tips for this game that i'll probably forget by next year?

i did a lot of pso 1
mags are paid only in pso2? or just good ones?

PSO2 sucks ass. you guys are fucking retards

>this is just flat out wrong, affixing would only be required for really good times on endless (2) (which also doesn't give you much worth by the way, there's a reason barely anybody even runse these), I have never affixed and constantly topped in parses, even got new Expert
You are so full of shit it hurts

I played this shit like 6 years ago or something, it was really fucking grindy and had a lot of P2W shit

nothing has changed

>he didn't get his free atra and austerios set

people really overestimate how much affixing matters compared to skill
also, raids aren't really hard in pso2 these days, if you mean the rematches, then sure
nice counterargument
so it's not pay to win now?

only feed your mag one type of attack stat, if you want to never deal with affixing or put it off as far as you can, you should do this to get somewhat better optimal damage.

Your first one is free, everything after it is paid.

what about what class to use and such

Paid only. You get 1 free mag (though it's not like in pso, in pso2 a mag is most important as a stat stick. Mag actions and bursts arent important at all)

There's a shit ton of stuff still in japanese though, most item descriptions.

>PSO2 announced for the WEST
HOLYSHIT ABOUT FUCKING TIME!!!! FUCK YEAH!!!

>Instead of starting with Episode 1 or 2 we're start with the current trash that is Episode 3+
Welp. Completely ruin it for me. I will probably make my original character and chill in the lobby for awhile but after that I'll unstall this trash.

Here's a pro tip: PSO2 went to shit during Episode 3+ with all it's anime high school pandering to the point that it is now cannon that PSO1 was just teenagers playing a fucking video game. IT'S CANNON and there's nothing we can do about.

Attached: 1538885357410.jpg (550x710, 69K)

Skill doesn't really solve all your problem, and neither does just affixing, you need a good balance of both Skill and gear depending on your class combo.

>it is now cannon that PSO1 was just teenagers playing a fucking video game
Really

You literally won't even post your parse history retard, and literally NO ONE thinks the normal raids are hard, the fucking rematches aren't even hard if you're affixed properly. The whole point of 90 percent of the raids in the game is to finish them quickly so you can do them again for materials. If 90 percent of your party isn't affixed you'll take 20 minutes to finish a raid that you're being carried through by a single person who is doing all the damage.

Skill means next to nothing in most raids, they're not fucking hard if I can do over six times your damage in a single hit.

post your fucking parse logs or fuck off.

Whatever you like. If it is anything like ep6 all the classes are fun and good so its all up to your preference

>Rico sacrifice was fake
That's pretty rough. Never invalidate previous beloved stories in your series, how do writers not comprehend this very simple fact?

Reminder that EP6 fixed all the EP4-5 shit, makes every classes play faster and better. Come back and play with us anons.

parsing just proves you have the most autistic gear

>take 30 minutes to complete Magatsu

>god this so easy, i'm always topping the boards too

fucking braindead

you can use what ever class you want, go with whatever interest you, if your not trying to buy multiple mags on a character, then what you should do is make a Character for S-atk, one for R-atk, and one for T-atk. and keep them too classes that run off of their dedicated attack type. (Hunter for S, Ranger for R, Force for T)

We're going home lads.

Attached: 1537280494993.jpg (183x195, 22K)

youtube.com/watch?v=I3ACIi_jnok
So, in cannon, PSO2 is a game for PC/Vita in the game's world just as it is in our world, meaning IRL. And PSO2 is indeed cannon with PSO1. So all the lore, all the saving the universe, all that shit was just some teenagers playing a video game.

Its been on the Playstation 4, vita and switch for years in the Japanese version. The Xbone is the last to get the game but first to get the English version.
Playing it on any other console gave you bonuses though but that didnt matter because it was entirely platform connected so someone on ps4 could play with someone on pc and switch and vice versa.

Attached: GamesRfun.png (1186x1050, 1.62M)

That's just in the PSO2 canon. Pretty sure PSO and PSO2 are completely separate canons. It's like how there was one anime where the main girl played PSO2, that doesn't mean that PSO2 canon takes place in that universe.

>tranny game
I've been gone for a while, is tranny the new buzzword? new boogeyman? why the fuck do you people never stop talking about games belonging to transsexuals

Is this game actually good? I love anime girls, but I get enough boring grind shit in FGO.

yeah, it does, because pso2 doesn't take any real skill outside of remembering a boss' phases. If you top the parse it's because you do crazy fucking damage with your autistic affixes.

I'm tempted but honestly I don't know if I really want to bother with all the gacha shit that's in there now.

Is class balance still just play Hero or be shit?

the community just has a lot of trannies

PSO2 nip vets

post your class combo and #1 tip for all our new western players since we'll all be starting at square 1 again

GuBr
Genuine tip: Don't grind for rare weapons, they will never drop and you will go insane. Instead go for the craftable ones and lean on them until the RNG God smiles upon you. Don't force the issue.

posting again for this thread

>join japanese pso2 team
>every day chat is like pic related

Yeah I'm looking forward to my Russians.

Attached: (´・ω・`).jpg (340x839, 49K)

Microsoft is demanding special servers, just like with PSU, which ultimately killed the series in the west. Expect to not ever get another PS game after this abortion launches.

Make sure to join the PSO2 Yea Forums general discord!
discord.gg/4bVJeSX

Attached: ff5d9ee405b6caa6e08d0dbfc0f55646.gif (480x270, 647K)

It's the new cuck. Come back in 4-6 months and I'm sure they'll get bored of it and think of a new phrase.

Which western community doesn't have a lot of those

It is shit you idiots

I still remember when PSO2 had some bug where it deleted everything on your drive or something. I think it was if you uninstalled it

Ignore them. PSO2 released back in 2012 before the whole Tranny thing started.

Where are my ship 6 rebels at?

the best part of this is that eqs wont be at 5am anymore. they will be at reasonable times. im getting an xbox one for this

your parse logs get saved in a folder, go on, post one.

Attached: 1pQEwf7[1].png (600x370, 249K)

Why should i care when everyone can play the Japanese release? Also expect the Japanese collab stuff to be gutted away because Japanese licenses is hell to work with, and don't expect a collab every month with some game or branding

Not exactly. Pso2 is a game in that dimention. However the dimention where arks come from is very real. Later on in ep4 god gets summoned and tries to kill you but he cant because you arent a beign of his creation, so he sends you back to your home universe instead

No ep4 is a parallel discovered because the ancients of pso2's banished a faulty super AI to that universe and she got butthurt and gave the humans on that earth the technology to send avatars into that universe disguising it as a game.

The gameplay is fun until you have to grind nonstop for gear and levels. If you find FGO to be grindy, PSO2 is like GBF grindy, which is a lot worse.

There's no gacha shit that's really involved with the core gameplay. It has always been gachashit with the cosmetics is it not? Every class is viable right now with some pulling ahead of others by a bit, although everyone is trying out Phantom at the moment and they're quite balanced since they're harder to play than hero. Most people don't really know how to play and sucks ass at it.

Gameguard the cheat engine PSO2 uses on PC still causes fucks up. Like it scans through your RAM constantly and will cause a bunch of CPU overhead to make sure you're not cheating but all this does is tank performance.

that's what I thought it was at first

>the people who censored a videogame
microsoft? They censored a shit ton of games. Look at battletoads, they absolutely BUTCHERED the dark queen, and bleeped out half of the cyberpunk trailer.

is it US only or EU too?

Attached: 400.png (240x240, 55K)

BoTe.
Smile because it happened. Don't frown because its over

go to /pso2g/

Stop tempting me user. I don't want to start playing on the JP version now that this has been announced.

How are Force and Techer?

Attached: 1488406634101.png (540x264, 154K)

This.
Dumb fucks.

christ that's a sad life.

I was BoFi and then the only good BoFi boots never got updated again so I'm been living the BoHu life.

The beta had fun bugs. I remember that bug where the racaseal NPC wouldn't leave your group so you could just have a legion of them out at once.

NA only lol. No EU servers.

Two men to thank, Phill Spencer, and Jeff Gerstmann.

US only right now.

Your shit is really outdated my man. PSO2 right now is nothing like you said. It's almost a different game. Your class combo is whack and crafted shit is outdated.

Maybe they'll change a few things in the new release

>thank
I mean it was MS' fault we never got 99% of the crossover content, and shitloads of updates for PSU though. I don't want to thank them, I refuse to play the game as long as it's tied to MS in any way.

Fun, but play very different.

Techer is more magic Knight, not buff bitch

How do you get 14 star weapons then?

Can you FSOD people in the lobby like the classic game? Wait, is that why there is no Euro version?

Beware the birds.

Attached: 1426585078412.png (1366x768, 1.02M)

What do I play if I want to be support but actually useful outside of just buffs?

No he means "craft" as in do Zieg's shit for 15*, trading in all that shit needed for them. Gubr is fine so long as you go with a dex mag

Is this going to steal WOW Classic's thunder?

You can use a Gameguard exploit to keylog people's info.

>14*
nigga, you gotta get them 15*

is it gud? didn't even know it existed.
Im an idort.

Techer has the best shifta and deband, but it's an aoe melee wrecking ball, not so much a caster

>The whole point of 90 percent of the raids in the game is to finish them quickly so you can do them again for materials.
That's totally why most of them are run limited, ri ght? I seriously hope you're not implying everyone does multishipping, and after you get your 15* and 12* units, what are you supposed to farm for exactly?
Armada is like the only recent one that doesn't have a limit, and even then your rewards don't improve much beyond S rank
This game is very casual whether you want to believe it or not
please don't tell me you're actually ryutensei
and also posting that way will just make you say no that's not you!!!111 but sure here it is

Attached: 1553453501385.png (1497x631, 49K)

>port
actual retard.

>wow classic launches in august this year
>this launches in "spring" 2020 (aka cancelled again/0 updates)
not a chance, wow classic will be dead by october by it's own hand and lack of content.

>still mad 12 years later
Yikes

It's "free", so you can probably get some fun out of it given the lack of cost.

Techer, you can play it as a melee caster that buffs the team, or as a ranged spell spammer that buffs with the new sub-class that got added a few months back.

Bouncer is a thing that is suppose to be a buff class but it sucks ass at everything unless you have the right set-up which lets it hit damage cap, but still suck ass at buffing.

>oh no muh boots on the ground, verticality and actually fun ranged play is stupid! >:(

RIP WOW CLASSIC

>played on sea
>all good until they nerf samurai so hard
>behind japan version by 7 months
>do nothing at all
>server close

then go bouncer or Hu/Te

Watch how they will bring it to Switch too while PS4 cries in a corner

Wait, isn't this game like 10 years old? Isn't it going to look dated as fuck on modern hardware? Unless they're remastering it of course.

FFXIV Shadowbringers comes out in less than 3 weeks and will be the highest rated MMO this season.

just buy a laptop.

Yep Blizzard are fucked.

Nice it finally happened, now I get my wish to see old PSO fans craving for this for years to start bawling when they actually play it when they realize this shit is nothing like PSO.

Also is this is run by western Sega and not mostly microsoft prepare to get fucked. Read if you care about non Japanese history in PSO alone, pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?145465-Talk-of-No-MAG-Event-Now-and-Just-Give-Rewards-Sooner&p=2067254#post2067254

Attached: 1532800262759.png (1078x790, 1.66M)

>please don't tell me you're actually ryutensei
And if I am?

TE is in a good spot with Phantom as a subclass. (there's a passive skill that enables less damage but faster casting and less PP on techs) and their newer wands have a faster attack speed potential. FO is the same as ever although they use less points on the skill tree now. There are also some new techs. FO/PH is interesting with aforementioned passive skill as well.

So will the loli creation options be purged?

Attached: pso20190608_232826_000.jpg (1920x1080, 765K)

I care more about my time then the price. Is it like an actual proper PSO sequel?

Japanese players have taken on end bosses in level 1 ungrinded gear just to make fun of faggots like you and won faster than english players in fully decked out gear.

new peeps are welcome, we have a great community here if you want to discuss the game with us!

discord.gg/4bVJeSX

Of course I'm mad, we got a butchered version of the game in the west, because MS screamed and cried like little babies about not wanting to share servers with sony and PC, so everybody got fucked.

Let's see, the E3 trailer showed only intros of all the episodes and no actual gameplay footage showing the game's actual graphics, gee I wonder...!

I'm gonna pick this up

Better not be. I want my cute lolibot.

In a year, or not, discord killed generals retard.

>Is it like an actual proper PSO sequel

Absolutely not

It's not terrible either though

No because this is msoft not snoy

>Cuckbox release only
>NA only

What the fuck is Sega's problem? It's like they want this to flop.

There are more shits to do than ep1-3 so you don't have to wait for an EQ to play anymore

Isn't this the game where nobody does shit but AFK in the lobby and wait for the lady on the loudspeaker to announce emergency missions?

They didn't want it to get censored by censony.

The combat is obviously very much different, it's like an action RPG. The tone and setting start off pretty good and PSO scifi, but it nosedives pretty hard as the game goes on in years. It gets really fucking stereotypically Japanese.

>Cuckbox release only
But it's on PC too

Yuro here
Am I fucked

They're probably making PSO3 right now, and they want PSO2 to flop in the west so that they can justify not doing an English language localization of PSO3.

Alright fine. If I started screwing around with the game now, roughly how long would it take me to reach endgame and get some experience with it?

See

Good thing it's already on ps4 and not censored because sony doesn't censor games, unlike MS. Or did you just miss half of their conference being loud bleeps and black bars?
win10 store only, so it might as well not exist on PC.

I havent played it in a couple of years but yes this is essentially what end game boiled down to when I did, wait for the game to tell you when to play.

Come on user, isekai is all the rage nowadays and PS had it's roots in fantasy too remember?

You didn't catch the Cyberpunk trailer?
>beep beep beep
It's OK when Cuckrosoft does it.

damn. I shouldn't have gotten hyped.

No one will play it in the west

>Cuckbox release
But it's not on playstation?

Oh no no no no

eh I might fuck around with it for a few weeks

i have 0 faith that sega will actively update the game though

To be honest I wish they would have made a PSO1 remake in Unreal Engine 4 instead of localizing this trash sequel.

Attached: 1474286776021.gif (573x427, 1.22M)

>Good thing it's already on ps4 and not censored
SAUCE
PROOF
EVIDENCE
NOW

discord.gg/4bVJeSX
Don't forget to join the discord if you have any questions regarding the game or you need tech support!

Attached: 1418267294408.gif (500x516, 152K)

I heard episodes 1-3 were removed, but that they were removed. WTF?

PSO2 does have a 10 year lifespan as stated by them, this will release in 2020, I guarantee you this game will live only a year in the west, maybe two.

Especially depending if they end up making the next game earlier like PSU to PSO2 ended up being.

Classic PSO combat will never come back, for better or worse. Best you can hope for with modern PSO is for the story and ambiance to be similar.

Stop

>discord
kill yourself

Hey, I heard you were thinking of having fun.

Attached: 4563453483.jpg (480x360, 14K)

answer my question tech support

>isekai
It's not even a bad idea on its own, but jesus fucking christ Japan's vapid obsession with everyone following the same trend is just the worst. I could never read another isekai story again and I'd still have more than my fill of the genre.

Hey, you. Post your favorite boss battle theme, right now.
youtube.com/watch?v=2UKwUwM3z7k

>Good thing it's already on ps4 and not censored

can they please just make a HD version of blue burst instead

pso 2 is fucking garbage and they shouldnt have bothered

the matterboard system was removed, the episodes are just streamlined like the other ones now

microsoft is no more lenient than sony, they just haven't been outspoken about it because everyone's known not to ask since galgun.

I just got back to play this around EP6 release and took me a month to max level and relearn almost everything since then. Endgame is at level 85 which is the new UH difficulty. There are leveling quests on rotation everyday fyi.

THE ONE AND ONLY
youtube.com/watch?v=TBwNNQtEpNY

youtu.be/fCZ0lRcMeas

While Keanu was cool, this was the only really good reveal during that boring as fuck conference.

Attached: 1560072476381.jpg (325x325, 11K)

>excited for a game you can play RIGHT NOW in english
If you want to play it what the fuck are you waiting for?

Attached: 1555287149487.png (407x454, 157K)

>wanting to play some shit translation

I dont want to play with nips

No, it started that way then went in a completely different direction.
There's a new team in charge of PSO2 helmed by a Phantasy Star fan angry at all the shitty game design decisions that plagued PSO2 in episodes 3 through 5. They're using the latest storyline as an excuse to slowly dial things back.

>amerifats only
Is it Windows 10 only, too?

official translation will be just as shit as this one
play on ship 2, all the nips will avoid you and there's tons of english players

I was so miserable reliving this fight 50 times, the songs grown on me now

>No remake of PSO
youtube.com/watch?v=xx2SeunY7S4

Sega fucked up

Attached: areas.png (752x1350, 2.41M)

Then don't? Just out yourself as an western player and hopefully non-nips will respond to you.

the site specifically says windows 10, but i won't believe it's actually exclusive until i see it.

I'm not giving censony any fucking clicks.

Armada sector 3 hands down
youtube.com/watch?v=RIq3WbkIDBk

>Slowly dial things back
How the fuck do you dial back from back to back reverse isekai and isekei?

PSO2 is hot garbage compared to the first game.

Attached: phantasy.jpg (1280x953, 423K)

Sega also fucked up the name IDOLA.

Attached: file.png (1000x563, 1.11M)

you should know how to do this yourself but okay
archive.is/bHnNA

>see people on Yea Forums suddenly talk about phantasy star again
>"holy shit this 30 years old IP isn't dead yet?"
>it's just pso2 the gacha game finally getting a english patch after 8 years

what the fuck

Attached: 1285616.png (1070x601, 507K)

You fags are blinded by nostalgia, I tried to play it last month and got bored fast, if you want to go back, go Portable 2 Infinity.

Ysok finds a way

>It's a final boss plays the main theme before dying moment
Is there anything more hype in the boss fights than this?
youtube.com/watch?v=6YOQoY-Qmes

Okay then but how is that proof its not censored?

I'm still waiting for PSO HD on the Switch

That's the only PS news that will make me happy at this point

I might still give PSO2 a shake but I'm going in with very low expectations.

Attached: 1558418472157.jpg (836x836, 54K)

it's the same game on the same servers as the windows version, go find proof it IS censored.

They won't stop raping this series man.

Attached: hucaseal.jpg (922x1600, 308K)

I did enjoy that.

It says release date 2016 a whole 2 years before sony started consuming sonyions

Attached: pso20190531_130436_005.jpg (1920x1080, 1.02M)

I just want PSO or PSU/Po/Po2 with updated graphics and a better character creator. Is that too much to ask for?

god i loved that music. never ever got any drop though.

Monster Hunter was directly inspired by PSO. So PSO could have been a global success like Monster Hunter World today if Sega wasn't retarded with the management of the IP.

Attached: pso enemy concept art.jpg (1280x1882, 273K)

Attached: pso20190521_165515_001.jpg (1920x1080, 748K)

Ahem.

It's also on PC.

Attached: 2334723437.png (400x256, 63K)

Attached: pso20190518_124623_000.jpg (1920x1080, 1M)

Attached: phantasy star then and now.jpg (3632x1080, 1M)

>PSO ep 1,2, and BB
>Updated to modern levels, at LEAST on par with PSO2 or FFXIV
>Character creator on steroids + lush flora so rooms aren't empty hallways
All I would want. Seeing that digital dragon and De Rol Le in HD would be great.

except no one ever got banned for not speaking in moon, you only got banned by getting reported for being an obnoxious nigger and that was only if twitter japs took notice of you, if you played on ship2 you could easily communicate with about 90% of the playerbase easily, hardly anyone there talks exclusively in jap because of all the english players

Got concept art for all the enemies? Or is it just the booma group?

>this is no longer allowed on Sony consoles

Where did it all go so wrong bros?

I was so furious when they had that anniversary countdown and it was the FGO mobile bullshit.

youtube.com/watch?v=BoxnFfZNzm0

Attached: dark flow.webm (640x360, 2.54M)

california, specifically.

concept art
e-hentai.org/g/952633/0c9d56829a/

We back lads?

Attached: CROSS BURST.jpg (800x400, 77K)

Oh shit oh shit oh shit

Why Ainz-sama, anyway?

I wish I could be excited, I really do, but I just can't bring myself to care after being disappointed back when PSO2 first came out and trying to play it again two years later.

I'm just glad PSO2 is finally properly coming over bc it means that people can finally stop bombarding SEGA with questions about that and we might finally have a chance of getting the old games remade, or even a new single player game with the same spirit as the old game bros.....

Attached: 1548710728887.jpg (1620x2291, 646K)

Bros, the Nips are laughing at us!

Attached: Maidol.png (470x194, 26K)

>2019
>turn-based rpgs

No way. Psiv ended the series perfectly, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I think they did try to have another story focused phantasy star called ps nova I think and I'm assuming that bombed because it never got localized.

All the dead MMOs that are sent to die get ported to Xbox.

>Bless
>Tera
>now PSO2

Anyone who wanted to play is already played or already played it. Anyone who was waiting for an English release is going to drop the game within a month

>we might finally have a chance of getting the old games remade, or even a new single player game with the same spirit as the old game bros.....

Did you forget that the PS2 attempt at this sold like shit and stopped after PSII? Why do you think this would fare any better now? You'd be lucky if they do anymore PS games in the Sega Ages line at this point.

>XBOX WON
>It's also on PC
Xbox didn't win shit, it's getting the scraps from big brother Windows.

Attached: 1433236854009.png (495x461, 520K)

>The daggers you could make from this beast
I miss the cool weapon designs.

Attached: Phantasy_Star_Online_Book_of_Hunters_066_Archive_Scans.jpg (3373x4897, 3.63M)

calm down snoyboi

guys wtf where is the ps4 version

Attached: 1492310541286.jpg (400x400, 43K)

They better delete episode 4 onwards lmao imagine the fallout!

youtube.com/watch?v=ktDQmvC4to4

You're right, I'm a fool for even trying to hope, even after everyone and their moms were sure that PSO2 in the west was a dead dream. I want to believe ;_;

Attached: waah.png (128x176, 2K)

>Literally no content in the game needs autist affixing to do.

If anything autistic affixing ruins the game because it lets you melt super bosses in literally 3 seconds. May as well just not even play at that point.

What would be the point? You have a PC don't you?

ps2 remakes was hardly an attempt lmao

Sega didn't want to deal with censorship and rightfully so.

I think it's cool that the concept art isn't that far different from the actual low poly 3D model.

Attached: Phantasy_Star_Online_Book_of_Hunters_064_Archive_Scans.jpg (1280x1858, 401K)

>making your japanese audience don't play your game because you put it in a machine nobody boughts there
sasuga, sega

Chapter 4 is such a hilarious piece of shit.
>We're actually playing as avatars of random Japanese school kids
>Find out because the person you help on the first mission keeps being meta about the game
>The game becomes reality when crystal zombie yakuza invade, and you jump into their room to save them
I don't remember anything past that because it was so fucking dumb. I just remember the Yamato boss fight being enjoyable.

I didn't see the presentation. Is the game launching with all current JP content or is it starting over at episode 1? If it's the latter then that's retarded.

wtf is this weebshit. why are space hunters suddenly at a japanese high school?

They said "all the content", so I assume everything is in. I just hope they don't censor the smart inner wear item.

Nice. The weakest part of my idorticy is finally paying off

ohh you poor newb. its far worse than that.

Hasn't this had an oceanic version for english players for years now?

PSO Official Classic Servers when?

Attached: pso.jpg (2559x1722, 2.25M)

>all the content
There's no way they'll add in the collab stuff, which is the only reason anyone even plays

>oly shit, I always wanted to play PSO.

PSO2 is actually nothing like PSO.

Yes, but it was behind in content and poorly translated. It wasn't proper English.

skip to 9:13 if you dare
youtube.com/watch?v=ouKcCW2aC54

>PSO2 in 2020
>LOOTBOX BAD
>GACHA BAD
>That's how PSO2 makes money
>No Miku concerts
>They're going to CHANGE THE FUCKING MUSIC FOR EARTH TOKYO
>IN FACT, THEY'RE GOING TO CHANGE THE MUSIC FOR EVERYTHING!
>Gag boobs and sexual content will either be burka'd or removed
I'm glad I'm more a robot man than a lolibigboobs kind of guy, but I feel bad for those who want certain cosmetics. They ain't happening.

You must be living in the pso2 goes to sony timeline. condolences.

>PSO1 fan sees PSO2
youtube.com/watch?v=Yff14wnckFE

I didn't know that. I just used the fans translations for the jap servers. I never made the switch because I was already heavily established. That sucks for people who made the switch.

Most likely. Just make a Windows 10 partition and use it only for this game.

this would be so based. imagine if they revived pso and psu servers along with hosting pso2. xbox would be the ninja gaiden and phantasy star home. absolute kino

OBSESSED

>Official PSO classic servers open up
>Gets maybe 2-3 times the amount of players that the private servers get
>Dies because no one plays it

>My EMERGENCY CODE: DUEL | EMERGENCY CODE: ATTACK | CROSS BURST | WAN-MOAH is going to get dubbed by some shitter VA
NO PLEASE KEEP MY GAME CHEESY

what the fuck

>boss spawn
>one shot it
>EMERGENCY CODE CAPTURE!!!

Attached: 4chan banana.png (500x332, 102K)

>pso2

Attached: IMG_20190609_195036.jpg (1920x1080, 227K)

>PC, Sonyfags, and Nintendofags have been waiting for it for a decade
>Yeah let's put it on a FPS-obsessed console where no dudebro on it cares about it
For fucks sake Sega.

they're six years late releasing this. why are they even bothering now?

Sega doesnt want to deal with garbage kusony censorship and it is on PC
Switch yet to be seen

Probably want to get rid of gaijins in jap servers

You're full of shit. The Phantasy Star universe is real in canon, the "game" in episode 4 just lets teenagers on earth cross over to that dimension as their PSO characters. It's still retarded, but it's not at all what you're saying.

pso2 is already on switch but it's a streaming client instead of the vita version ported over. what are the chances the xbox version won't be a streamed version as well? the trailer did say azure servers which is the the same servers they use to stream the switch version.

I wonder how many retards are going to scream censorship when collab gear isnt released for obvious reasons

I quite literally lost my shit

I don't even know what fucking wizardry phill spencer pulled to achieve this shit, god damn what a bomb

Attached: file.png (1366x768, 718K)

Microsoft is probably trying to get the English weeb audience while Sony is getting backlash from them. Microsoft also probably funded the translation and the NA servers are being hosted by Microsoft's Azure service.

YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED THE GAME STOP MAKING UP SHIT
PEOPLE WHO DON'T LIKE EPISODE 4 PROVE TIME AND TIME AGAIN THAT THEY ARE MENTALLY RETARDED

Enjoy your Burka in 2020, Catschief

I had to read your post three times because I have no idea what kind of drugs someone has to be on to write something that stupid into a game.

so is this is going to be a full english text patch or are they putting in the effort to put in a english dub?

Ok but what classes are actually fun

>we're gonna get Johnny Yong Bosch as the male VA
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I CANT TAKE HIS VOICE ANYMORE STOP PLEASE NOOOOOOOOO

Attached: 1523040357067.jpg (250x249, 6K)

They're just letting English players on the JP servers

That is only true for affixing now and nowhere NEAR as bad as it used to be. NT killed that shit

Braver, Techer, Gunner, Fighter, Phantom

They only censor weeb stuff that less than 1000 people play.
PSO2 is way too huge to be pressured to censor.

Plus Microsoft tried their hardest to promote Japanese games in the mid/late-2000s but people who liked eastern games preferred to play them on the PS3 and Wii.

I'm all for expansion, but Xbox over this decade turned into a niche console for FPS and Sports/Racing games. Unless this is all a long term plan to sell the exclusive to be shared with Nintendo.

They do good porn and play the game good so this only stings more.

I miss PSU

youtube.com/watch?v=tYXmlEOgXfU

Attached: psu.png (529x640, 602K)

JYB, yuri lowenthall, troy baker, and brad swaille are by far the best english male voice actors. Ill go a step further and say everyone involved in death notes dub is fantastic and deserve to be in more games

>Remembers that PSO2 is getting a new anime that's actually based off the game this time
I wonder if this is the reason for that now since it could help baka gaijin catch up to what's going on in the game faster, though I'm one of the few who liked the first anime and wish there was a s2 of that as well.

Attached: 8gd7s89gf.png (442x248, 138K)

>*googles Johnny Yong Bosch*
Huh, I knew his voice but I didn't know he was the green Power Ranger as well.
I'm kind of meh on this since all his characters share his Ichigo voice range.

>weeb games

nobody cares

IS IT AN XBOX EXCLUSIVE?

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! FUCK!

Attached: 50855102_2056760461288212_3989572001445445632_n.jpg (434x532, 20K)

>Hating on JYB
JYB is one of the few VA's that doesn't see anime as below him

Was following up until the guy bitched about the JP music. That has been apart of PSO since the first one, just used sparingly. That story does sound fucking atrocious though.

the first anime was so bad. i mean fuck all this high school anime shit mixing with phantasy star is so out of place that it would be like if world of warcraft had a slice of life anime spinoff.

or they could just do like you said, which is expanding
neither microsoft or sega has anything to lose on this even if it fails horribly
you have to remember this is a 7+ year old game, they're just doing this to spite sega

I've always avoided discussion about this because they seemed like nostalgia threads for a game I never played.
So if I understand it's an old PC MMO that was Japan exclusive, but a sequel to a non-Japan exclusive game? And everyone has wanted it in the west for like 10 years?
So it's a literal oldschool MMO that will still feel totally fresh if I pick it up?

Attached: 1545549211093.jpg (265x304, 28K)

Not sure if this is an edit or not, but that sticker underwear costume better still be a thing when it comes west.

xbox and pc. how fitting since xbox supported phantasy star on the original xbox and xbox 360.

spite sony*

people are nostalgia over the 1st game. it defined the online action rpg we know today. the 2nd game (the one that was announced at E3) is a many years old soulless cash grab that is f2p kusoge in japan.

The problem is that practically every boss and level has j-pop lyrics in it and it's really annoying now.

This boss music could be great but it's completely ruined by the egregious engrish:
youtube.com/watch?v=fCZ0lRcMeas

It's not an MMO because instances are limited to 4 players. Think Diablo.

Also PSO1 is still a masterpiece, PSO2 started out mediocre and only became worse as they did more expansions.

>old school MMO
>came out in 2012

Attached: BernieMac.jpg (450x300, 30K)

Is this going to be on xbox one or the new xbox? Why release it on xbox one when the new xbox is coming out next year (the new xbox is scheduled for 2020 isn’t it)?

xbox one and windows 10

no reason why it couldnt play on both

>Next generation comes out
>PS5 and XBox Scarlet Ring on the shelves
>XBox gets all the weeb games while Sony is stuck with western cinematic games
>Everyone in Japan owns the new XBox
>This goes on for an entire generation until Sony learns its lesson for the 3rd time and gets its head out of its ass