So, is it worth playing TWEWY? What exactly makes it different from so many other JRPG's?

So, is it worth playing TWEWY? What exactly makes it different from so many other JRPG's?

Attached: twewy.jpg (425x383, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-LK01R-sCNg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump

It's got a really unique gameplay style, the story is solid if a little cliche at points, and the music is polarizing as hell

vagina bones

Style is its main selling point from its combat to its music to even how you dress.

>the music is polarizing as hell
How so?

Shutup faggot. We're discussing E3.

Have this copypasta
>legitimately heartfelt story with likable characters that grow and develop, to the point that even the side characters have their own development
>heavily vocalized OST that enhances the setting of the world and covers a large variety of genres
>soundtrack shuffles as you either exit out of the pause menu, go to another area sometimes, or go into a random battle
>you can change your own pause menu to anyone of your favorite tracks
>you can change the difficulty at anytime and if you suck at the game, it allows you to put your partner in auto until you git gud
>if you die in a battle, you can retry again on your current difficulty or lower it to easy
>you can lower your own health for increased item drops for an awesome risk-vs-reward factor
>you can choose when to fight at anytime with almost no random encounters outside of story related battles and later ambushes
>after you beat the game, you can access any chapter in the main story at anytime you want and unlock bonus content that fleshes the world even more. You can also change your partner whenever and can take on a whole slew of extra bosses hidden within the chapters, even the ones that kicked your ass before
>battle system that takes full advantage of the DS’ hardware in incredibly creative and fun ways
>you can mix and match your gameplay style in anyway you want, whether it’d be close corner combat, long ranged attacks, or a mixture of both.
>fucking TIN PIN SLAMMER
All in all, quite a lot of things done differently compared to most JRPGs.

Attached: crossover.jpg (1500x2121, 1.09M)

switch or ds ?

>What exactly makes it different from so many other JRPG's?
Literally everything

DS for sure if you want the authentic experience. Switch port can be controversial due to the motion controls and what not.

Attached: twewy god hand edit.png (744x594, 590K)

Unless they’re showing TWEWY 2, E3 can suck it.

youtube.com/watch?v=-LK01R-sCNg

the entire game is pretty much early 2000's hot topic. it captures the very late post-grunge but pre-dubstep era when 'the establishment' everyone was rebelling against was george bush

TIME

Attached: EB9C5510_C8F0_4E1C_A67E_9124185B42F0.jpg (882x592, 109K)

>rebellin againts Bush
Does it makes sense being the game made in Japan?

Still accurate as hell.

Musical trends were sort of the same. I don't think they really cared about Bush in Japan though, the social issue the game is addressing is people refusing to communicate (which isn't really uncommon in Japanese media)

I WON’T EVER GIVE IN

NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU PULL ME IN

I KNOW GRAVITY AIN’T AN EXCUSE

It’s a good game but does anyone else feel like there’s a small vocal group of autists pushing it REALLY hard lately?

Eh. It's always had a cult on Yea Forums. There's more people just quoting lyrics at each other

Yeah but I’ve seen two threads in 10 minutes, this one, one comparing Neku to Dante, and saw it being spammed nonstop during the Yiik boogaloo in the same way.

I JUST WANNA MAKE THINGS

That's actually a good point.

depending on what you mean by recently, the remaster came out less than a year ago which is why it's being discussed again. Since the remaster teased a sequel some people here might also be expecting something for the square enix e3 conference

A LITTLE MORE SMOOTH

You mean this one?
Wasn’t that thread made two hours ago before this one?

MAJORITY IS STILL ASLEEP