Why did everyone lie to me saying that this is the best entry in the series?

Why did everyone lie to me saying that this is the best entry in the series?

Attached: 51RA47HC2GL._SY445_.jpg (315x445, 37K)

It was not a "lie".

Only MGS2 haters would say that

Nobody lied to you. It is the best game in the series.

Care to explain why you think it isn't the best?

you were meant to get snake eater user

Get better taste you pleb.

Metal Gear 2, Metal Gear Solid, and Metal Gear Solid 2 are the best in the series but you end up neck deep in story. Metal Gear Solid 3 was made with the goal in mind to be fresh and free of said baggage and comes off as lightweight. Still a fantastic game though. All of the games are meant to be played as stand alone titles anyways.

they didn't you just have shit taste

It has the best gameplay in the series. I was honestly astonished after seeing in just how many ways I can beat the game.
But the story is absolute garbo. It's not bad as a standalone story, but after playing through MGS1 and 2 I expected much more than a generic spy movie from the 60s. The only two moments where I was interested were the Sorrow and the Boss fights.

there are no facts only interpretations

>it's not stuck up its own ass so it isn't a good story
>story matters more than gameplay
retarded poser

I agree with this. I also disliked how MGS3 defended patriotism whereas MGS2 and 1 showed it's futile and vain.

17 years later, and MGS2-babbys are still seething.

Yes user, I do care more about WHY I'm in a jungle killing Russians rather than HOW I'm doing it.

I dont know who told you that user. 1 has always been the supreme metal gear game. Better bosses and actual memorable moments. Only memorable momwnt in 3 was that stupid meme ladder and when that gay general grabbed raidens cock and balls. I literally dont remember anything else from this game.
1>3

Attached: 1560094915175.png (500x485, 188K)

the boss fights in MGS1 are ass desu
MGS3 is the only game in the series where stealth is a viable option for boss fights

If meowing Ocelot, three ways to beat The End, The Sorrow walk, nightmare mini game, Volgins death, The Boss fight, inexplicable The Fury fire demon face, croc hat, hoverboards and shit tons of Easter eggs and secrets aren't memorable to you user, I don't know what to tell you.....

>have to enter a menu every 20 seconds to change camouflage or risk getting spotted
>no healthpacks so have to perfect every single boss
Wow great game

>MGS3 defended patriotism
when? did you play through the full game? the ending implies he abandons patriotism ideals and starts to turn into the big boss

it is

Attached: MGS3.jpg (800x427, 90K)

>game from 2004 isn't perfectly intuitive to my ADD and is too difficult poor me

Are you actually defending the camo system which is universally agreed to be the worst part of the game?

Attached: 1560024322289.jpg (1024x1024, 128K)

to be fair everyone on Yea Forums is really defensive since the second you admit 1 thing is wrong with a game there's a retard that will say that means the whole game is complete trash

I actually am. It's hardly an inconvenience. I really don't get why people have such problems with little things like that. It takes an extra second, you're not going anywhere, there's no deadline, immersion isn't broken. I don't see what the problem can be other than impatience.

Who here is a brute strength chad who m60 blasted his way through the game?

Attached: fccDndp.png (400x400, 375K)

>beat the game
>have 40 different camos I have to scroll through to get to the right one